PDA

View Full Version : Hawkins -VS- Lubick

Mayday
01-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Will Dan Hawkins hand CSU a defeat in his first year as the Head Coach at CU? or Is Sonny going to finally get CSU over that first game Hurdle they have tripped on the last couple of season's? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Buff_bronc_fan
01-31-2006, 03:14 PM
It will definitely be a year that CSU should try to capitalize on... There will be transition at CU in the coaching staff as well as the QB position. CU's defense will be learning their 3rd system in 4 years and CSU should thrive off of a split crowd as the game will return to Invesco. However, with the departure of Holland and a shaky defense the past couple years, I like the Buffs chances to get Hawkins his first win in Black n gold.

Bobby Digital
01-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Will Dan Hawkins hand CSU a defeat in his first year as the Head Coach at CU? or Is Sonny going to finally get CSU over that first game Hurdle they have tripped on the last couple of season's? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think that CU can pull this one out as Lubick has never had to prepare for Hawkins offense.

It will be a close game though.

broncofan303
01-31-2006, 07:40 PM
I would be surprised if CU didn't win this one by 2 scores...not to take anything away from CSU, but CU is going to have a game under their belt (something that has helped CSU) and while both teams are adjusting to new QB's, CU has a better one IMO, in Brian White...

Also, CSU lost thier 2 best players, one that is probably going to be a solid QB in the pros, Holland and their best playmaker in Anderson..

BVP
01-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Don't make me start.......QB Caleb Hanie! He has 5 games of starting QB experiance already, because he started when Justin Holland broke his leg 2 seasons ago. This year is CSU's year for the RMS. Kyle Bell is now established as the primary back, and a really good RB I might add. Namdi Ohari(SP?) will have some carries to, as he is a very fast RB. We may have lost David Anderson, but we still have 3 big playmakers at the TE/WR slot. First we have Johnny Walker, a WR who made some big plays and he is also our PR and KR. Next we Dustin Osborn, another WR, who didn't see the field as much as Walker, but he still will be a big contributor. And finally, we have Kory Sperry, a FB/TE, and he is a monster. He has great size, and he has awsome playmaking abilities. He had a big TD reception against Whyoming, where he just beat the defenders, then ran over a saftey for a TD. Also, against Navy, Sperry had the awsome catch that led to CSU's first TD.

BUT....CSU's defense isn't as good as last year. They loose two big contributors in LB's Jamal Hall and Courtny Jones. They also loose DE Terrance Carter, who was hurt towards the end of the year, but was a big contributor earlier in the season. But you have to remember that last season, CSU lost 2 defensive starters: Luke Adkins, a linebacker and Ben Straton, the defensive and emotional leader. Expect those 2 players to come up huge next season and step it up for the defense. There were also some big upsides from last years freshman DL. Defense lineman Matt Rupp came up HUGE against Whyoming by causing and recovering a fumble and almost scored a TD. And DL Shawn McGoveran, who recieved a concusion against Whyoming that knocked him out for the rest of the season. But against BYU, he had a big red zone stop. The only problem with him is, that he might not be cleared to play next year.

CSU's special teams is gonna be great next year. This might be a homer statement, but in my opinion, we have the best punter in the NCAA in Kaylor. He won MWC honors this past season though, and he can only get better. I know we don't have any Mason Crosby, but we have a good walk-on sophmore kicker (I forgot his name, but I think it is Jason Smith) who replaced our Senior kicker this past season.

Well, this is my early pre-season analysis on CSU, and I will keep posting more on them as the season gets closer.

IrishConrad
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
First of all I cannot wait for this game. Having new coaches and a new system makes it all the more exciting for CU.

CSU has had some really good recruiting classes the past few years so we should start seeing them shine next year. We already know a little about Kory Sperry, Kyle Bell, Caleb Haine, and Johny Walker. All will be the big play guys on Offence next season.

I'm not going to be confident in the CSU D until the D-coordinator is fired. I don't care if he have Stratten back, CSU needs a new coach. If we don;t I guess Strattons leadership abilty that was missing last year will carry the D through.

CU having a game under their belt is huge I think. But then again plaing the game on a nuetral site (the way it should be played), brings the home crowd away from the Buffs.

CSU will win this game at Invesco, after that CU will go scrapping for ideas and excuses to play the game at Folsem. Or.......god forbid.......scratch the game all-together.

BroncosJETD
02-01-2006, 09:41 PM
:ugh: well hope u CU Fans enjoy The Hawk, we sure did.. we always got peterson tho.. good luck on ur 1st game New Head Coach of CU!! :beer: tru BSU Fan :cheers:

broncofan303
02-04-2006, 11:51 AM
:ugh: well hope u CU Fans enjoy The Hawk, we sure did.. we always got peterson tho.. good luck on ur 1st game New Head Coach of CU!! :beer: tru BSU Fan :cheers:

Oh yeah, we're enjoying him already, this was a solid recruiting class, although may not look that great on paper, but what they're trying to do is build the fronts, O-line and D-line, Hawk is a smart guy, he knows where to start...Skill players can come later and even play as freshman's under Hawk..

Should be a solid game though, the way you felt about your D-coordinator is the same way I felt about our offensive Coordinator in Shawn Watson...he was horrible, NU has a nice surprise with him, if something is working on offense, he'll do something different and screw it up...very annoying...

But I don't think CU's D is going to be great under Hawkins, Hawk is more of an offensive team, the "score more than the other team" coach, please prove me wrong!

TXBRONC
02-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I would venture to say that Hawkin's team will tear Lubick's team a new one.

BroncosJETD
10-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, seeing as how bad Colorado's been playing, I'm not too sure about Hawkins coaching this year, Im sure though, that the Buffalo will step it up next year, im sure of it, thats just how Hawkins is, hes a great coach, we're just better. :coffee: BSU

DrunkPanda
10-21-2006, 09:40 AM
you say this the week AFTER we dominated texas tech? if you had said it in any other week of the season, i could understand it

Buff_bronc_fan
10-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Well, seeing as how bad Colorado's been playing, I'm not too sure about Hawkins coaching this year, Im sure though, that the Buffalo will step it up next year, im sure of it, thats just how Hawkins is, hes a great coach, we're just better. :coffee: BSU

Yeah, why bring up the old thread now?? (Although I was pretty much dead on in my assessment of the game, and that was back in January)

Hawkins is struggling to rack up wins but still managing to put together a solid recruiting class, if we can keep Columbine offensive tackle Ryan Miller, a five-star player who has narrowed his choices down to the Buffs and Notre Dame... Then watch out...