PDA

View Full Version : The Official Football players thread

Broncofan-13
02-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Whether it be high school, college, community teams.... No matter if you played 5 years ago or 5 months ago. This is the thread for those of us who played organized football for a good while. Who do you play for? What position do you play? Any good stories from your rookie days?

Ill start. Ive played football with the community team here for the last three years. I Play Defensive End and offensive guard. Im undersized, but Im fast, so normally they have me on qb duty, and the pulling plays when we're on offense.
Ive got quite a few stories on trouble we started before and after games. A good place to start would be to tell you how we taped a rookie to his bus seat and covered the top of his head with shaving cream. we didnt let him live it down for a month!

WhoDeyBengals
02-01-2006, 09:51 PM
I haven't played since I was a freshman in high school, when I discovered that I have a podiatric condition called Seaver's disease. Basically, you get shooting pain up the back of your ankles when you run for any extended period of time. After that, I had to hang it up.

But when I played, I was a defensive tackle. I wish I could have kept with it. I'm 6'3" 280 as it is, and I'd probably be pretty good if I hadn't had my foot problems. Now I smoke and I drink too much, so I'd probably suck ;)

I was a dirty player. I used to pop guys with my open palm just below the rib cage - about half the time, they'd collapse and I'd have a free lane to the QB. I remember one game, by the end, I was getting double teamed and the guys were punching me instead of blocking. I was laughing at them. Offensive linemen used to hate me.

Me and my partner on the line used to rub the ball in the mud while the offense was in the huddle. When the center would pick up the ball and brush it off, we'd deck him. Once, we even got a fumble this way.

The worst thing I ever did was hit our team's QB in practice. I hated the guy, though. I rang his bell, and he was out for the rest of the practice with a mild concussion. I ran so many laps for that. Didn't hurt that he was the coach's son. Why's that always true with QB's? :)

QB's are wussies.

Broncofan-13
02-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Thats great stuff man. I loved playing defense. The feeling you get when youre staring down a qb just seconds before you put a hat on im, and his eyes go wide as he realizes hes about to get decked.... the greatest damn feeling in the world.

WhoDeyBengals
02-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Thats great stuff man. I loved playing defense. The feeling you get when youre staring down a qb just seconds before you put a hat on im, and his eyes go wide as he realizes hes about to get decked.... the greatest damn feeling in the world.
Absolutely. I think my favorite sack was against this little QB... they should have been running an option offense, but he would sit in the pocket despite the fact that their left tackle was a joke. He was fast enough that he could run, but once I got my hand on his jersey and spun him around about three times before I heard a whistle. I let him go when I heard it, and he went flying. It was hilarious. We could hear him chewing out his line in the huddle after the play.

This was a great idea for a thread, I hope more people reply!

bronc_fan23
02-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I play for my High School team. I have played for 5 years since 6th grade. I play D-Tackle and Offensive Tackle. I played the last 3 games last year on Varsity and lettered (tech. my sophmore year still).

Broncofan-13
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Absolutely. I think my favorite sack was against this little QB... they should have been running an option offense, but he would sit in the pocket despite the fact that their left tackle was a joke. He was fast enough that he could run, but once I got my hand on his jersey and spun him around about three times before I heard a whistle. I let him go when I heard it, and he went flying. It was hilarious. We could hear him chewing out his line in the huddle after the play.

This was a great idea for a thread, I hope more people reply!

ahhh, the little qbs! my favorites are the one who like to scramble. because nine times out of ten, they see me as the smaller of the two ends, and think they can just run me over. *BZZZT* wrong! they're tackles are usually very big, but they move soooo sloooowly. Im in the backfield almost right after the snap sometimes, unless they got a TE blocking.
Beacause Im relatively small, on offense I would usually cut the DTs. That, or hit em so fast that they lose balance. like coach always said. the bigger they are, the harder you hit em in the kneecaps!
One last thing, You ever have someone try to take you down illegally. a guard tried to chop block me, and as I darted out of the way, he kicked out his foot and it caught me in the groind. the one damn day I wasnt wearing a cup!

WhoDeyBengals
02-01-2006, 10:19 PM
ahhh, the little qbs! my favorites are the one who like to scramble. because nine times out of ten, they see me as the smaller of the two ends, and think they can just run me over. *BZZZT* wrong! they're tackles are usually very big, but they move soooo sloooowly. Im in the backfield almost right after the snap sometimes, unless they got a TE blocking.
Beacause Im relatively small, on offense I would usually cut the DTs. That, or hit em so fast that they lose balance. like coach always said. the bigger they are, the harder you hit em in the kneecaps!
One last thing, You ever have someone try to take you down illegally. a guard tried to chop block me, and as I darted out of the way, he kicked out his foot and it caught me in the groind. the one damn day I wasnt wearing a cup!
Okay, I really gotta sleep, so last one :)

Once, on a running play, the other DT popped the ball out of the RB's hands. It ricochet'd off of a couple players and landed right at my feet. I tried to sprawl on top of the ball, but I ended up landing on the ball with my manhood. Now, imagine, you're lying prone with a football jammed in your crotch, and 21 other guys all want to get to it.

And no, I was not wearing my cup that day.

I was out for the next series.

Broncofan-13
02-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Okay, I really gotta sleep, so last one :)

Once, on a running play, the other DT popped the ball out of the RB's hands. It ricochet'd off of a couple players and landed right at my feet. I tried to sprawl on top of the ball, but I ended up landing on the ball with my manhood. Now, imagine, you're lying prone with a football jammed in your crotch, and 21 other guys all want to get to it.

And no, I was not wearing my cup that day.

I was out for the next series.

quoted for truth and hilarity. Nite whodey.

BVP
02-01-2006, 10:52 PM
I like this thread. :beer:

I am a freshman. I have played O-Line since 5th grade. This past season on my freshman team, I was the starting center. I didn't have a great year, I let up like 4 or 5 sacks in 9 games. I had trouble learning the offense. But, against our biggest rival, and probably the biggest football rivalry in the state of Colorado, our QB ran the QB Sneak about 10 times and got over 100 yards rushing. And, since the center is a big part of the QB sneak, I was a Co-Player of the game that game.

By the way, the rivalry is Pomona :rockon: vs Arvada West :coffee:

Broncofan-13
02-01-2006, 10:55 PM
nicely done bro. I love how we are all Linemen. linemen rule!
I was just thinking, If we get enough opeople who play/played football, we should set up the broncomania starting lineup. assign everyone a position or something. Im probably thinkin too far ahead. It would be cool though.

BVP
02-01-2006, 10:56 PM
The lineman don't get nearly as much credit as we deserve. It is the hardest position in football, yet the RB's and QB's and WR's get all of the credit. But, it has made me realize that I need to do my part otherwise the other players can't suceed.

Broncofan-13
02-01-2006, 11:01 PM
The lineman don't get nearly as much credit as we deserve. It is the hardest position in football, yet the RB's and QB's and WR's get all of the credit. But, it has made me realize that I need to do my part otherwise the other players can't suceed.

truth. Let the qbs and runningbacks and receivers and linebackers have the limelight. Linemen win games. we are the first line of defense.

BVP
02-01-2006, 11:07 PM
I just hope that I get to play this year, there are alot of O-Lineman and some of them are going to be Junoirs competing for JV.

Broncofan-13
02-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I have to sit out a season. I had a surgery on my jaw to repair some dental damage, and My jaw had to be re-brok in 4 places. I was on a liquid diet for a week and a half (was supposed to be 6 weeks) and in that time I lost 32 pounds! I gotta gain that weight back and let my jaw heal the rest of the way.

watchthemiddle
02-02-2006, 12:53 AM
I played Freshman, Sophmore, and Senior year in High School at WR.

I played one season on a semi pro team here in Denver at WR. We made it to the semi-finals. Our owner was super loaded and was going to fly us to Las Vegas if we won the whole thing. I got to play on an all star team agains the Air Force academy freshman team. I was on a team with guys from 19 yo to probably 32 and the Air Force freshman team beat us 45-0. It was a blast though. The Air Force was the most disciplined guys I have ever seen. They didn't say a word the entire game.

publicenemy#1
02-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Never played football before in my life. Actually, organized FB, but my older son is starting this fall. I can't wait!! I will live through him. How sad is that, living through a 8 year old

WhoDeyBengals
02-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Never played football before in my life. Actually, organized FB, but my older son is starting this fall. I can't wait!! I will live through him. How sad is that, living through a 8 year old
Isn't that why people have kids anyway? ;)

Sounds like you're getting him started early, and that's good for a football player. It can be a shock for a kid who's played other sports to find out what goes into preparing a football team for a game.

I didn't play football until I was in 4th grade, and when I first saw how practice was, I about cried. I was used to baseball practices that were basically easy - imagine my surprise the first time I had to run gassers and do corner drills! I thought I was going to die at the end of it.

If you start a kid playing earlier, then practices seem easier.

Broncofan-13
02-02-2006, 08:28 AM
I hadnt played until sixth grade... the first time I ran a suicide and did an oklahoma.... :hurt:

draco193
02-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Had played from fourth grade till i was senior in high school. Started my senior season, until I dislocated my knee and knee cap. Then a younger guy and I switched off every series.
I played guard and center for almost all of my short lived career, except for the year I played DE. I was never big, but I was deceptivley strong. I can still squat about 550 pounds. I loved every minute of football (except those minutes that involved practice and sprints :D )

Broncofan-13
02-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Welcome, fellow lineman! I had no idea we had so many linemen on this site (former and current). I wonder If we could get this thread stickied...

Current count: 5 Linemen
1 Wide Receiver

xX-Bronco-Xx
02-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Welcome, fellow lineman! I had no idea we had so many linemen on this site (former and current). I wonder If we could get this thread stickied...

1 Wide Receiver
It's cuz you all are a lil chunky :P i'm kidding

I played football since I was in the 2nd grade. Well I didn't play games till the 4th grade because my league only allowed 4-6 graders. Anyways I was pretty much a tackling dummy till than and I started outside linebacker for a year in the 4th grade and I got switched to the middle for two years of Granger Rocket Football.

Then I started middle school football as a middle linebacker on my 7th grade and believe it or not had 146 tackles and 3 sacks lol and in 8th grade I started middle and idk how many tackles i got for that cuz the coaches didn't count stats.

I then started high school football (freshman) and was on the JV team then for 1 game I got to start middle for varsity because the varsity guy broke his big toe.

Ya thats it lol.

Broncofan-13
02-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Sweet, We've got a linebacker now. welcome to the thread! got any funny stories to tell?

Heres one for ya. During Our secong game of last season. We decided to simaultaniously break out into song while on the D-line. We had the O-line so confused that the center fumbled the snap. it was beautiful.

xX-Bronco-Xx
02-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Sweet, We've got a linebacker now. welcome to the thread! got any funny stories to tell?

Heres one for ya. During Our secong game of last season. We decided to simaultaniously break out into song while on the D-line. We had the O-line so confused that the center fumbled the snap. it was beautiful.
Lol thats funny I got one story for you

During a game against Riley I was suppose to blitz to the left of the center and the center drove me right into the DT's butt and I recieved a minor concussion from that :goofy: .

Broncofan-13
02-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Lol thats funny I got one story for you

During a game against Riley I was suppose to blitz to the left of the center and the center drove me right into the DT's butt and I recieved a minor concussion from that :goofy: .

Lol, ouch, thats a headline fo ya.

LINEBACKER GETS CONCUSSION AFTER COLLIDING WITH ASS; TEAM STYMIED.

xX-Bronco-Xx
02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Lol, ouch, thats a headline fo ya.

LINEBACKER GETS CONCUSSION AFTER COLLIDING WITH ASS; TEAM STYMIED.
Yeah but it wasn't that important because it was a jv game :rolleyes:
*crosses fingers* NEXT YEAR I WILL START! Hopefully......

Broncofan-13
02-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Current count:

5 Linemen
1 Linebacker
1 Wide reciever

WhoDeyBengals
02-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Current count:

5 Linemen
1 Linebacker
1 Wide reciever
What are we building here, an Oklahoma defense?!

Well, we're not building a pro team, that's for sure.

Broncofan-13
02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
What are we building here, an Oklahoma defense?!

Well, we're not building a pro team, that's for sure.

says who? we could probably take out an nfl team or two!
nah, Im just curious as to who played what.

WhoDeyBengals
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
says who? we could probably take out an nfl team or two!
Heh, we should go try out for the Texans, they need some help with their O-Line :)

Broncofan-13
02-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Heh, we should go try out for the Texans, they need some help with their O-Line :)

truth, If I ever heard it. we'd make good additions, And hell, Id play for peanuts, basically.

BVP
02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah but it wasn't that important because it was a jv game :rolleyes:
*crosses fingers* NEXT YEAR I WILL START! Hopefully......

Will you be a sophmore next year? Cause damn, a freshman starting a Varsity game is awsome! Does your team have alot of people, or is your team kinda small. Next year, our JV and Varsity combined will have over 120 people, and I am hoping to be a starer on JV.

WhoDeyBengals
02-02-2006, 08:57 PM
truth, If I ever heard it. we'd make good additions, And hell, Id play for peanuts, basically.
If by "good additions" you mean "just barely better than what they have now" and by "peanuts" you mean "lots of money and some alone time with the Texans cheerleaders," then I'm totally with you. :beer:

Broncofan-13
02-02-2006, 09:02 PM
If by "good additions" you mean "just barely better than what they have now" and by "peanuts" you mean "lots of money and some alone time with the Texans cheerleaders," then I'm totally with you. :beer:

glad to see we're on the same page. :D

BVP
02-02-2006, 09:26 PM
What the hell guys, I will give that job a try too. I even sort of like the Texans.

WhoDeyBengals
02-02-2006, 09:31 PM
What the hell guys, I will give that job a try too. I even sort of like the Texans.
Hey, their team sucks, they need something to distract the crowd from what's going on on the field. :rockon: Besides, I'd quit if it weren't for that cheerleader perk :)

xX-Bronco-Xx
02-03-2006, 05:34 AM
Will you be a sophmore next year? Cause damn, a freshman starting a Varsity game is awsome! Does your team have alot of people, or is your team kinda small. Next year, our JV and Varsity combined will have over 120 people, and I am hoping to be a starer on JV.
There was like 100-120 people in the team but a freshman starting in the game isn't that big a deal here. Our varsity qb broke his wrist so a freshman started for us.
Here was our schedule.

Aug 19 at Valparaiso W 10-0 1-0 0-0
Aug 26 BEN DAVIS 0-20 L 1-1 0-0
* Sep 02 at SB Clay W 62-7 2-1 1-0
* Sep 09 SB WASHINGTON W 49-0 3-1 2-0
* Sep 16 at SB St. Joseph's W 27-0 4-1 3-0
Sep 23 CLEVELAND ST IGNATIUS 19-41 L 4-2 3-0
* Sep 30 at Mishawaka W 41-35 OT 5-2 4-0
* Oct 07 ELKHART CENTRAL W 42-0 6-2 5-0
* Oct 14 at SB Adams W 48-7 7-2 6-0
# Oct 21 at SB Adams (at JF) W 56-6 8-2 6-0
# Oct 28 MISHAWAKA W 28-7 9-2 6-0
# Nov 04 ELKHART MEMORIAL W 35-21 10-2 6-0
# Nov 11 MERRILLVILLE 0-7 L 10-3 6-0

frenchfan
02-03-2006, 07:34 AM
I haven't played since I was a freshman in high school, when I discovered that I have a podiatric condition called Seaver's disease. Basically, you get shooting pain up the back of your ankles when you run for any extended period of time. After that, I had to hang it up.

But when I played, I was a defensive tackle. I wish I could have kept with it. I'm 6'3" 280 as it is, and I'd probably be pretty good if I hadn't had my foot problems. Now I smoke and I drink too much, so I'd probably suck ;)

I was a dirty player. I used to pop guys with my open palm just below the rib cage - about half the time, they'd collapse and I'd have a free lane to the QB. I remember one game, by the end, I was getting double teamed and the guys were punching me instead of blocking. I was laughing at them. Offensive linemen used to hate me.

Me and my partner on the line used to rub the ball in the mud while the offense was in the huddle. When the center would pick up the ball and brush it off, we'd deck him. Once, we even got a fumble this way.

The worst thing I ever did was hit our team's QB in practice. I hated the guy, though. I rang his bell, and he was out for the rest of the practice with a mild concussion. I ran so many laps for that. Didn't hurt that he was the coach's son. Why's that always true with QB's?

QB's are wussies.Yo... I played (not a long time) as a QB (yeah... in France !!! :eek: )... What I have to say is that I was happy to have a great OL... LOL...
I guess I could play WR too because I had good hands (I played as soccer's goalkeeper ... OK.... I'm a wussie... ROFL .... BTW, though I think I can guess the meaning of this word, can you try to explain me please ?).

I liked to play football because I love this game... But I had too much troubles with my shoulder :ugh: ... Anyway, I sometimes play "flag" football... very less dangerous for a QB like me ! LOL...

Broncofan-13
02-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Looks like we got ourselves a qb! can you grow long hair and a beard? :beer:

Broncofan-13
04-26-2006, 02:51 PM
this thread shall arise!!! :eek:

anyway, new season is about to start (alas, I wont be playing this year) and Im gonna go see my buddies playing. Im thinkin about taking a coaching job for the lineman at our highschool. what do yall think?

WhoDeyBengals
04-26-2006, 03:02 PM
this thread shall arise!!! :eek:

anyway, new season is about to start (alas, I wont be playing this year) and Im gonna go see my buddies playing. Im thinkin about taking a coaching job for the lineman at our highschool. what do yall think?
Which side of the line? I think taking on coaching is a great idea, though! But if you really want to consider coaching as a career, you almost MUST do it at the college level.

Broncofan-13
04-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Which side of the line? I think taking on coaching is a great idea, though! But if you really want to consider coaching as a career, you almost MUST do it at the college level.

O and D

I dont really see myself as a pro coach, I would just like the experience. Ive had a bit of experience as a player coach, but I think it would be interesting. we'll see though.

WhoDeyBengals
04-26-2006, 03:14 PM
O and D

I dont really see myself as a pro coach, I would just like the experience. Ive had a bit of experience as a player coach, but I think it would be interesting. we'll see though.
I've been out of the game for a long time, but if you want a few tips for your d-line guys, let me know :D

Broncofan-13
04-26-2006, 03:19 PM
I've been out of the game for a long time, but if you want a few tips for your d-line guys, let me know :D

lol, Ill keep that in mind. I actually played on the line both ways (insert gay joke here) so I know how it is, But Id value any input from you and anyone else. :beer:

IrishConrad
04-26-2006, 06:32 PM
For those of us who have played the game, At any level, I believe we have a better appertiation for the game.

I played ball through middle school and Highschool as well as 1 year in college.

My days is Seventh Grade were spent playing TE and DE . I was skinny, Tall for my age and could catch and run.
As a Freshmen I was moved to WR and CB. I was still filling out from the weight room and went from 5'11'' 160 pounds to 6'1" 175 before my soph more year.
I then got moved to Safty.

With three games left in my Sophmore year, due to injuries on the Varsity, I got some looks as RB. From that day on I played RB.

I'm still in college so those days are fresh in my mind. My best memories were being out on the field with my little brother, Cold Friday night games under the lights :sad:.

JoRo
04-26-2006, 07:25 PM
For me I played d.tackle and center last year, center cuz i know football and can snap an play any of the five oline spots. Anyways, this year going after one game they moved my defensive spot out to d.end, I made less plays but i was a bigger impact, and hence: we won the next 7 games to go 7-2. My other end an i were basically our pass defense, and we loved crushin qbs on passes.

This year i am pretty much being looked at for any spot on the front 7 for d and prolly holdin my spot for O as they like how quick i am and such.

My favorite memory from las year would be in the biggest game of our year i got a concussion and played the rest of the game, forced the qb into throwin a pick (rushed him), we won against a team our jv hadny beat since like 1990's or somethin. I was so screwed up after the game cuz of my concussion that i dint even celebrate, the whole team is thrwoin their hands up to celebrate an im jus sluggin along to take the picture cuz of the BIG GAME. It was funny.

BVP
04-27-2006, 04:56 PM
There was like 100-120 people in the team but a freshman starting in the game isn't that big a deal here. Our varsity qb broke his wrist so a freshman started for us.
Here was our schedule.

Aug 19 at Valparaiso W 10-0 1-0 0-0
Aug 26 BEN DAVIS 0-20 L 1-1 0-0
* Sep 02 at SB Clay W 62-7 2-1 1-0
* Sep 09 SB WASHINGTON W 49-0 3-1 2-0
* Sep 16 at SB St. Joseph's W 27-0 4-1 3-0
Sep 23 CLEVELAND ST IGNATIUS 19-41 L 4-2 3-0
* Sep 30 at Mishawaka W 41-35 OT 5-2 4-0
* Oct 07 ELKHART CENTRAL W 42-0 6-2 5-0
* Oct 14 at SB Adams W 48-7 7-2 6-0
# Oct 21 at SB Adams (at JF) W 56-6 8-2 6-0
# Oct 28 MISHAWAKA W 28-7 9-2 6-0
# Nov 04 ELKHART MEMORIAL W 35-21 10-2 6-0
# Nov 11 MERRILLVILLE 0-7 L 10-3 6-0

Oh, well at my school, it's impossible for a freshman to play varsity. My greatest chance is playing varsity my junior and senior year.

maruske845
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
well last seasson as only a 8th grader(next year startin highschool :D ) i started games on offense playing some fullback and stuff in the backfeld. but when the line wasnt doing as good i whould move to LG and then we whould run it trough me for some plays...

i weigh 260 lbs and i am 5 feet 11 inchs...

next year i am planin on playing OL and DL or W.e the coach wants me too..at this point i just really want to play some football

BVP
04-30-2006, 08:06 PM
well last seasson as only a 8th grader(next year startin highschool :D ) i started games on offense playing some fullback and stuff in the backfeld. but when the line wasnt doing as good i whould move to LG and then we whould run it trough me for some plays...

i weigh 260 lbs and i am 5 feet 11 inchs...

next year i am planin on playing OL and DL or W.e the coach wants me too..at this point i just really want to play some football

You will probably play some OL with your size.

BF_forever
04-30-2006, 10:17 PM

The worst thing I ever did was hit our team's QB in practice. I hated the guy, though. I rang his bell, and he was out for the rest of the practice with a mild concussion. I ran so many laps for that. Didn't hurt that he was the coach's son. Why's that always true with QB's? :)

QB's are wussies.

first string QBs are wussies. They play the second string D with first string o-line. Second string QBs (like myself) are tough, lead there whole team in the weight room and play with stupid slow centers, a second string o-line against the 1st string D. Second string QBs are bad***es

BF_forever
04-30-2006, 10:22 PM
1 Wide Receiver
1 QB

Washington 3-A football SPSL freshman leauge 2nd place

topscribe
05-03-2006, 09:09 AM

QB's are wussies.
Wow, WDB, and here I've been insulting you all this time. I'd better find a way to apologize before I meet you in person. :eek:

My high school QB definitely was NOT a wuss. He was one of the toughest kids I ever met . . . a good QB, too, known state-wide. His name was Butch Butler (keep in mind, kids, this was back in the early 1960s). Unfortunately, his career was ended after his junior year when he died in a rafting accident on the Colorado River. The field to our high school was eventually named Butch Butler Field. I don't know whether or not it still is . . . maybe there's a Greeley student here who knows.

Not much to tell about me. I played TE/DE, and I stunk in high school and I stunk in college. But the coaches held on to me, if only to ride the bench most of the time, probably because I played with a mean streak . . . I was afraid of all of nobody. I never got past the tackle much, but he knew he had been in a fight.

Oh, my schools were Greeley (Colo.) High School (now Greeley Central) and Northern Colorado (UNC).

That's about it.

-----

WhoDeyBengals
05-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Wow, WDB, and here I've been insulting you all this time. I'd better find a way to apologize before I meet you in person. :eek:
-----
I'm a much calmer, gentler WhoDey now, tops. You needn't fear anything from me... unless we get into a pickup game and line up across one another. If that ever happens, I'd invest in a rib protector. ;)

topscribe
05-03-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm a much calmer, gentler WhoDey now, tops. You needn't fear anything from me... unless we get into a pickup game and line up across one another. If that ever happens, I'd invest in a rib protector. ;)
Yes, you'd better do that! :mad:

I'm very good at tickling . . . :D

-----

WhoDeyBengals
05-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Yes, you'd better do that! :mad:

I'm very good at tickling . . .

-----
Actually, that freakin worked for the other lineman on my team once! :eek:

He accidentally got his hand up under the guard's armpit on a play, and the kid just started giggling. Before you know it, the RB's getting stuffed at the line every play because their left guard could do nothing but laugh on every play because our DT was tickling him.

Say what you will, but it's not against the rules! :laugh:

RonDayne33
05-03-2006, 04:29 PM
i played some high school football of course my school team was so small we played both ways but it was fun. i played linebacker and fullback. my stats are 2 tackles and one touchdown. i didn't see much time in my sophomore year cuz it was my first but i still rushed for a score when it was 46-0. and than i did play a few games my junior year and it was funny
one play i knew i was slow and a i saw rb was ready to break a long for a score so i figured i'd try to chase him. i kept telling myself i was going to get burned by him but in the end i caught up with him and took him down. my other shocker was i tackled a kid head on in the open boy was i lucky he didn't juke me. my senior year was the worst i blow my knee out in camp and was out the whole season
coach was ready to switch to a 4-4 defense when i was in spring training but it didn't pan out much
the coaches knew i trained well and gave me a letter and my team voted me most improved my first year. alot of this i guess was luck but that's ok.
now my next goal is to try out for Navy football. my luck i won't make it but alteast i will be able to say i'd try out for college ball.

Broncofan-13
05-04-2006, 06:11 AM

Id run circles around both of you. :P

WhoDeyBengals
05-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Id run circles around both of you. :P
Running from the cops is great for conditioning, isn't it? ;)

And yes, you probably would. As I said before, I can't run worth a lick anymore.

SystemZero
05-12-2006, 09:46 AM
I've been playing football since 4th grade also.

Middle school was when my competitive drive grew. Throughout 6th and 8th grade, I played wide out and corner. 6th grade, mainly corner. 7th and 8th, both ways. (Too bad my high school team right now won't allow players to play both ways.)

When I got to high school, I decided to stick it with being a receiver. My height is a disadvantage to me as a receiver, being only 5'10. But my size and speed make up the difference. (185lbs and 4.41 40 yard dash + 33in vertical).

I love being a receiver, the thrill of catching the ball in the faces of the defenses who have been running their mouths. Being an option for your quarterback or just out playing corners period.

Upcoming season I will be handling kick off and punt return duties since our return specialist graduated. I am definately excited to see what I can bring to the table next year, my senior year. :)

mrsolo
05-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I played linebacker pretty much from 6th thru 12th grades(missing my freshman year with a broken arm). Played o-line also, moving to fullback my senior year due to a couple of injuries on our team. I came in to my soph year at 5'5" 170 -- soft and slow. Came into my senior year at 5'8" 160 and pretty solid. Shed two and a half inches from my waist and changed my 40 time from a 5.3 to a 4.7 in two years.

My senior year was my best year. Had about 120 tackles(with 17 being my single game high). Moved to fullback in the second game. We didn't have much size, which is evident in the fact that I was a starting guard at 160lbs. I was as strong as all but one of our linemen, just too light. At my height I could pass block as well as anyone, but my run blocking stunk. The move to fullback allowed me to get a running start on my run blocking assignments and that worked out very well.

Only carried the ball 2 or 3 times a game. My longest run was about 17 yards on a trap play. It was a blast. I just wish I could have carried the ball more.

BVP
05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
One of our starting WR's died in a car accident last saturday night.

SystemZero
05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
I've been playing football since 4th grade also.

Middle school was when my competitive drive grew. Throughout 6th and 8th grade, I played wide out and corner. 6th grade, mainly corner. 7th and 8th, both ways. (Too bad my high school team right now won't allow players to play both ways.)

When I got to high school, I decided to stick it with being a receiver. My height is a disadvantage to me as a receiver, being only 5'10. But my size and speed make up the difference. (185lbs and 4.41 40 yard dash + 33in vertical).

I love being a receiver, the thrill of catching the ball in the faces of the defenses who have been running their mouths. Being an option for your quarterback or just out playing corners period.

Upcoming season I will be handling kick off and punt return duties since our return specialist graduated. I am definately excited to see what I can bring to the table next year, my senior year. :)

Update:

Spring Camp started yesterday. After getting weighed, measured, and timed. I am now 5'10 3/4, 192lbs, 34in vertical, 4.39 40 yard dash.

I came into this camp not expecting much, just to go out there be productive and have fun with my team mates since its officially now my senior season.

I was called over by all of my offensive coaches along with two of last years starting receivers. Both we are really close friends of mine also. We had a talk and suprizingly, I predicted my role just right. The coaches wanted to plug me into the offensive system to replace our outgoing senior wr from last year who had the same size as me.

I was pretty excited to hear that I would be part of the 1st team receivers for varsity as the #3 receiver. But now it's my job to lose, looks like I have to kick it up another notch or two.

BF_forever
06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Spring camp started last week. Its awsome.

watchthemiddle
06-09-2006, 10:41 PM
What I wouldn't give to lace up the cleats and stinky shoulder pads again.

I played my freshmen, sophmore, adn senior years in high school. Then played one season of semi-pro for a local Denver team called the Denver Warriors.

ITs been 10 years since I put on a helmet.

For those who might read this and still play or are thinking of playing.....DO IT!!

There is no better feeling then getting out there at 7 am in the summer during two-a-days and smelling the fresh cut grass.

Getting pumped up with your buddies before the first game of the season. Seeing the lights on at the stadium as the bus pulls up to it.

xX-Bronco-Xx
06-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Update:

Spring Camp started yesterday. After getting weighed, measured, and timed. I am now 5'10 3/4, 192lbs, 34in vertical, 4.39 40 yard dash.

I came into this camp not expecting much, just to go out there be productive and have fun with my team mates since its officially now my senior season.

I was called over by all of my offensive coaches along with two of last years starting receivers. Both we are really close friends of mine also. We had a talk and suprizingly, I predicted my role just right. The coaches wanted to plug me into the offensive system to replace our outgoing senior wr from last year who had the same size as me.

I was pretty excited to hear that I would be part of the 1st team receivers for varsity as the #3 receiver. But now it's my job to lose, looks like I have to kick it up another notch or two.
4.39 40 are you serious?

broncosphreek
06-11-2006, 12:40 PM
i play jv football for frewsburg. we are going to alfred university for a footall camp for like 3-4 days. have any of you been to football camp?

BVP
06-11-2006, 01:35 PM
i play jv football for frewsburg. we are going to alfred university for a footall camp for like 3-4 days. have any of you been to football camp?

I just got back yesterday from the Wyoming University camp that was 4 days long. These camps really help because you get to have contact practices during the summer, and you get to scrimmage teams.

broncosphreek
06-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I just got back yesterday from the Wyoming University camp that was 4 days long. These camps really help because you get to have contact practices during the summer, and you get to scrimmage teams.

thanks for the information. i think i will have fun. here is the daily schedule of my camp.

7-wake up
7:15-breakfast
8-room inspection
8:45 to 9-pre practice (meeting)
9to11-morning practice
11to12-free time (weight room or pool)
11:30to1-lunch
1to2:15-rest period
2:15to2:30-pre practice
2:30to4:30-afternoon practice
4:30to5-free time
5to6-dinner
6to7-free time
7to7:45-evening practice (review and evaluation
8to9:30-guest speaker and film

hope its as good as it seems. :D

BVP
06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
thanks for the information. i think i will have fun. here is the daily schedule of my camp.

7-wake up
7:15-breakfast
8-room inspection
8:45 to 9-pre practice (meeting)
9to11-morning practice
11to12-free time (weight room or pool)
11:30to1-lunch
1to2:15-rest period
2:15to2:30-pre practice
2:30to4:30-afternoon practice
4:30to5-free time
5to6-dinner
6to7-free time
7to7:45-evening practice (review and evaluation
8to9:30-guest speaker and film

hope its as good as it seems. :D

WOW, thats a lot of free time. The only time we had off was for lunch and dinner, and then after our night games. Hope you have a good time.

broncosphreek
06-11-2006, 03:37 PM
thanks.. its pretty much our whole team that is going... costs 300 big ones but im spoiled so...you know.. :D

BVP
06-11-2006, 03:39 PM
thanks.. its pretty much our whole team that is going... costs 300 big ones but im spoiled so...you know.. :D

Ours cost 200, and we only had 56 players go.

There were 15 teams at the camp. How many are going to your camp?