PDA

View Full Version : Anybody With Espn Insider...help Plz

Jamal
02-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeh i wanna read the nfl rumour central and it talks about Ricky and T.o rumours...Can anybody with insider help me out here?
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors

deer_dance9
02-04-2006, 08:13 PM
yah help me out too, copy and past the whole page plz lmao

tnedator
02-04-2006, 09:04 PM
NFL Rumor Central: James moving on? Other Rumors: MLB | NBA
You are signed into Insider and have access to this premium feature.

Friday, February 3
WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

Edgerrin James
Colts James moving on?
<Feb. 3> James, who will become an unrestricted free agent in March, doesn't like his chances of receiving a long-term deal from the Colts.
"I don't see nothing happening," James told the Indianapolis Star. "You can read between the lines and from the things I'm hearing, nothing's going to happen.

"And that's crazy, man. I'm part of the solution, I'm not part of the problem. Crazy, man."

Even though James is a two-time rushing champion and four-time Pro Bowler, he doesn't appear to be among the Colts' top offseason priorities. In recent interviews, Colts president Bill Polian has talked mostly about retaining WR Reggie Wayne and extending the deal of DE Dwight Freeney.

"Maybe I'll get to a situation where somebody appreciates me," said James, who played under the franchise tag in 2005. "I'm going to always be a ballplayer. You know I've got game. You can't knock what I do."

Terrell Owens
Eagles Broncos
Chiefs
Dolphins
Jets?
Buccaneers? Bowlen sets record straight
<Feb. 3> The Broncos are definitely in the mix for Owens, but Denver owner Pat Bowlen cautioned that it's too early for his team to be considered the favorites to land the Eagles' wide receiver.
"This is a process, and when a player like this becomes available, we just felt like we owed it to ourselves to let him know that at the appropriate time, we might be interested," Bowlen told The Denver Post. "We're not going to be the only team he visits. The only reason why I think this story created such an uproar was because we were the first ones he talked to."

Owens and agent Drew Rosenhaus met with Broncos coach Mike Shanahan Monday in Denver. The Chiefs and Dolphins are also expected to meet with Owens in the coming weeks.

"He's a talented guy," Chiefs coach Herm Edwards told The Kansas City Star. "He knows how to win. That's the great thing about the offseason. It's like building a house. You go through the draft, through free agency and collectively get all these guys together and say, 'What is the best house I can build right now?' You don't discard anything."

One team that has discarded Owens is Washington. Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato denied Internet and broadcast reports Wednesday linking the team to Owens.

"Our head coach [Joe Gibbs] said it before," Cerrato told The Washington Post. "We think he's an outstanding player, but he just doesn't fit us."

Owens is still under contract with Philadelphia, and most teams believe the Eagles will release Owens before they must pay him bonuses totaling $7.5 million in March. However, Eagles coach Andy Reid insisted during Senior Bowl all-star game practices that several teams had indicated an interest in having trade talks.

Thursday, February 2

Ricky Williams
Dolphins Broncos?
Texans? Broncos considering Ricky?
<Feb. 2> The Broncos have had at least two internal discussions about acquiring Williams, but the teams have not talked about a deal, the Miami Herald reports. Denver has a desire to add playmakers and upgrade a position manned by Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell.
The Denver Post, citing two NFL sources, reported this week that coach Mike Shanahan might consider trading for Williams but likely only if the team does not trade for receiver Terrell Owens.

With Ronnie Brown entrenched as the featured back of the future, Dolphins head coach Nick Saban has admitted he is willing to move Williams if the right deal presents itself. Williams said he would accept a trade if it happened, especially to a California team.

The Texans have also been mentioned as a potential suitor.

Daunte Culpepper
Vikings Rams?
Dolphins?
Raiders?
Ravens?
Cardinals? Culpepper meets with Vikes
<Feb. 2> Culpepper made a trip to the Vikings' Winter Park headquarters Tuesday and met with owner Zygi Wilf and coach Brad Childress to discuss his role with the team, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports.
"[Culpepper] just wanted clarification," Wilf said. "He wanted clarification of what his role is and where he stands. We tell him he is a franchise quarterback, and we're hoping he's able to come back quick enough to be able to be with us this season. We're hoping that the recovery works out well, that's all."

As he prepares to take a more "hands-on approach" in his career, Culpepper recently fired longtime agent Mason Ashe Ashe irked Culpepper by making it publicly known that the QB was seeking more money.

The bizarre demand for a new contract, after his terrible seven-game performance this season and the horrific injury to his right knee, has created a great deal of tension in Minnesota and triggered speculation that Culpepper was trying to force a trade.

Former Vikings receiver Randy Moss told Dan Patrick on Patrick's ESPN radio show that he would love to reunite with his former quarterback. Moss said he spoke with Culpepper on Monday night, reminiscing about their days with the Vikings. Moss also said he gave Culpepper some insight on the receiver's new NFL home.

"I gave him a little lowdown on Oakland, the city, the team, the players," said Moss, now with the Raiders. "We just talked about a lot of things."

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome dismissed speculation that the Ravens have shown interest in Culpepper, the Baltimore Sun reports.

"I don't anticipate [any talks]," Newsome said from Mobile, Ala., the site of this week's Senior Bowl.

With Baltimore looking for a veteran to compete with Kyle Boller or back him up, the Ravens -- along with the Raiders, Dolphins, Rams and Cardinals -- have been mentioned as the most likely destinations for Culpepper, if the Vikings opt to trade the disgruntled quarterback.

His performance last season -- he threw twice as many interceptions (12) as touchdowns (6) -- his knee condition and his alleged involvement in an Oct. 6 sex party have all but eliminated his leverage with the team.

Antwaan Randle El
Steelers Bears?
Patriots? Randle El drawing interest
<Feb. 2> The Bears have made it clear that they want Randle El. The Boston Herald believes the Patriots will also make a run at the soon-to-be free-agent wide receiver.
Randle El offers what Patriots coach Bill Belichick likes the most: versatility. Not only is Randle El a proven receiver, he can return punts, line up at quarterback and is an adept blocker.

Chicago wants another speed receiver to fortify a position that has Bernard Berrian and Mark Bradley, both of whom missed time with injuries in 2005. Randle El also would give the Bears a third-string quarterback on game days without using the active roster spot.

The Bears are in excellent salary-cap shape and have not shied from making decisive, big-money moves the last three offseasons.

Joe Jurevicius
Seahawks Patriots? Pats eyeing Jurevicius?
<Feb. 2> The Patriots, expected to overhaul their receiving corps this offseason, will likely give Jurevicius a long look, speculates the Boston Herald.
A "character" player with size (6-foot-5, 240 pounds) and sure hands, Jurevicius fits the Patriots mold. In fact, the Patriots considered signing Jurevicius as a free agent in 2002 before settling on Donald Hayes.

"If the opportunity presented itself, I would have [signed with the Pats]," Jurevicius told the Herald. "But they went with somebody else. That's the way the cookie crumbles."

The 31-year-old Jurevicius, who will become an unrestricted free agent in March, enjoyed a career season in 2005 (55 catches, 10 touchdowns). Every team he's played for (Giants, Tampa Bay and Seattle) has reached the Super Bowl.

WHO WHAT THE SKINNY

Oakland Coaching vacancy Raiders waiting on Whisenhunt
<Feb. 2> Speculation persists that Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt will meet with the Raiders sometime after the Super Bowl. Whisenhunt spent of much Tuesday's media day at the Super Bowl fielding questions about the Oakland job. Although he said he has yet to speak with anyone from the Raiders' organization, he's appears to be looking forward to becoming a head coach.
"I don't know how many opportunities you get at [head] jobs," Whisenhunt told the San Diego Union-Tribune. "I don't think that you can ever say, 'I'm going to be choosy' or pick a job. I think you have to be smart about if the job's right for you."

Owner Al Davis and other Raiders officials interviewed former St. Louis Rams coach Mike Martz on Jan. 26. The Raiders have discussed the position in-house with quarterbacks coach John Shoop and are considering a sit-down with Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Fassel.

Davis previously said he didn't think anyone on the current staff would be considered. However, in an interview with the Chicago Tribune at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., Shoop confirmed he had interviewed for the head coaching job with Davis.

"It's a great organization, and I really enjoy working for Mr. Davis and the Raiders," Shoop said. "I feel great about [the interview] and about working for the Raiders in whatever role."

The Raiders also wanted to talk with San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, but Cameron declined. Oakland has previously interviewed San Diego wide receivers coach James Lofton and former Green Bay coach Mike Sherman remains a possibility.

Bronco Head
02-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeh i wanna read the nfl rumour central and it talks about Ricky and T.o rumours...Can anybody with insider help me out here?
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumorsGO LOOK IN THE DENVERPOST