PDA

View Full Version : Nascar(combined)

Xtreme Bronco
02-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Let's talk some Nascar! The shootout is this Sat night. Looking forward to seeing the #26 take the checkerd flag to start the season out right.

Calif. Bronco
02-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Part of me feels like I do during the NFL pre-season and could really care less about this Saturday.

But the other, larger part of me agrees with you and am majorly looking forward to this Saturday (though still not as much as the following Sunday!), especially since my boy did manage to win a couple of poles last year and will be proudly driving (and crashing if it's anything like last year - lol) his #9 around the speedway! :beer:

Southstander
02-07-2006, 11:43 PM
I ready for the season, I hoping Jeff Gordon has a good seaon

Big Buck 1981
02-08-2006, 07:57 AM
I may support NASCAR if they quit calling them athletes...I sit on my arse for 8 hours a day...does that make me an athlete too? :D :goofy:

BroncFanIN
02-08-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm hoping Jimmy will pull it out this year :D

Will likely watch the shoot-out. Another cold winter weekend...

SyxxSynse
02-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I can't wait for Saturday! I'm a Mark Martin fan (as you can tell from one of my sigs and the "6" in my screen name) and, in his final season, I hope he goes out on top like our boy Elway!!

And as for Big Bucks opinion, they may not be "athletes" in the literal term as "one skilled in exercises of agility" (Webster's Dictionary :D), but sitting and driving for 5-6 hours is hard enough, then you have to add the centripetal force of the track and the 200+ degrees of heat which makes a driver lose around 10 pounds of water weight a race. They may not be the more well known type of athlete, but they still can handle things no ordinary man or most other "real athletes" could.

BroncFanIN
02-08-2006, 09:09 AM
I can't wait for Saturday! I'm a Mark Martin fan (as you can tell from one of my sigs and the "6" in my screen name) and, in his final season, I hope he goes out on top like our boy Elway!!

And as for Big Bucks opinion, they may not be "athletes" in the literal term as "one skilled in exercises of agility" (Webster's Dictionary :D), but sitting and driving for 5-6 hours is hard enough, then you have to add the centripetal force of the track and the 200+ degrees of heat which makes a driver lose around 10 pounds of water weight a race. They may not be the more well known type of athlete, but they still can handle things no ordinary man or most other "real athletes" could.
very well said :cheers:

Xtreme Bronco
02-08-2006, 10:10 AM
I absolutely agree w/ Dusty6. For anyone to sit in a car and drive it around a track at speeds of almost 200mph for several hours takes quite a bit of stamina! NASCAR Drivers are athletes. For southslander, i think Gordon will have a better year than last, he has a new crew chief and has something to prove. I would look for all hendrick team to be in the chase maybe except vickers. Martin should be good as usual especially in his last season. All the roush boys should good they always are and i do not see any reason why this season would be any different. This excites me b/c my man McMurray is on board with Roush #26. It should be fun and this saturday night has most of the big boys in it, so we should get a preview of the 500!

Calif. Bronco
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
I echo everything everyone on here has said about them being athletes and would also add in that they put their lives on the line every week like no other athletes I can think of. :coffee:

By the way, the tickets came in the mail Monday for the second race of the season at California!!!!! :beer:

Big Buck 1981
02-08-2006, 10:44 AM
I echo everything everyone on here has said about them being athletes and would also add in that they put their lives on the line every week like no other athletes I can think of. :coffee:

By the way, the tickets came in the mail Monday for the second race of the season at California!!!!! :beer:

Bull riding is, in my opinion, the most dangerous and fastest growing sport (that's actually fact) on the market today. I'm not saying what NASCAR drivers do does not take skill, talent, and some stamina, but I don't believe they are athletes in the true sense of the word. It's akin to calling a golfer an athlete...they both involve skill, but they're not a physical sport that requires peak conditioning. I also realize that it is an inherently dangerous sport, but I believe there are alot more safeguards, and alot fewer injuries in that sport as a result. Heck, in bull-riding, the bulls themselves are athletes...1,500+ pounds of pure, unadulterated muscle with a will to do bodily harm...sounds like the Denver front four and linebacking corps to me! :cheers:

Calif. Bronco
02-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Bull riding is, in my opinion, the most dangerous and fastest growing sport (that's actually fact) on the market today. I'm not saying what NASCAR drivers do does not take skill, talent, and some stamina, but I don't believe they are athletes in the true sense of the word. It's akin to calling a golfer an athlete...they both involve skill, but they're not a physical sport that requires peak conditioning. I also realize that it is an inherently dangerous sport, but I believe there are alot more safeguards, and alot fewer injuries in that sport as a result. Heck, in bull-riding, the bulls themselves are athletes...1,500+ pounds of pure, unadulterated muscle with a will to do bodily harm...sounds like the Denver front four and linebacking corps to me! :cheers:

I agree with you about golf (and would throw bowlers into that mix as well) but I think you've missed the mark on the conditioning of NASCAR drivers - these guys are in great shape (a lot better shape than some football linemen and a whole heckuva lot of baseball players - lol).

As for bull-riding, I know nothing about it so I'll kindly trust your opinion - it sounds like both rider and bull are in pretty good shape.

Actually, I think what makes this debate interesting is that we all have different opinions on what being an athlete entails - is it having a skill, being in shape, or some other standard?

Big Buck 1981
02-08-2006, 12:40 PM
I think that's the problem, everyone's got a different standard.

I don't know about NASCAR drivers being in great shape, I would say they are lean, which probably has more to do with keeping the weight of the car/driver package down in order to save fuel and horsepower. I don't think a person need be in great cardiovascular shape to drive NASCAR, I believe they need to be accustomed to the conditions, such as heat, G-forces, dehydration, and hours of driving in circles. I won't go so far as to say they are athletes, but what they do is not easy...I'll admit that.

Golf, bowling, billiards, poker, etc...any of these activities (notice I didn't say sports ;) ) that the common person can do...these do not require athletes...at most I would call them skilled competitors.

Here's what Wikipedia calls an athlete:

An athlete is a person possessing above average physical skills (strength, agility, and endurance) and thus seen suitable for physical activities, in particular, contests. An ancient Greek word for "contest" was athlos, and those competing in the games were called athletes.

Here's what Wikipedia calls a sport:

A sport is a physical and mentally competitive activity carried out with a recreational purpose for competition, for self-enjoyment, to attain excellence, for the development of a skill, or some combination of these. A sport has physical activity, side by side competition, self-motivation and a scoring system.

While NASCAR incorporates some of these elements, I have a hard time believe it as all of them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a debate of the merit of sport and NASCAR, it's cool in its own rite. I'll start my own thread for bull-riding. Cheers! :cheers:

orangenblue420
02-08-2006, 01:21 PM
OK, this was in the Jake Plummer is a bad guy thread and I just HAD to say something. In fact, and of course this is nothing personal against Jared, I love Jared, he is one of the nicest people on this board (smooch, smooch on the buttocks :D ) BUT when I read this my head almost popped off.

How can you say NASCAR is not a sport!!!!! Is it because you think it's not a team oriented sport, or because there is no ball involved, or because you don't think it takes any physical strength or endurance? I mean, please let me know what your reasoning is.

Also, I need to know if you have ever been to a NASCAR race in person. Because for those who have never been in person, you cannot judge this sport, yes I said sport, without seeing it live. If you are going by what you see on TV, you are being misled. This is by far one of the most exciting sporting events to see in person.

One more question, do you consider golf, tennis and fishing sports?

Without knowing your answers, I am still going to make my rant about NASCAR.

1. NASCAR is a TEAM sport. The driver could not do it without a crew, a staff, owners, sponsers, etc. etc. There is so much that goes into racing, if you haver never been behind the scenes, you could never begin to fathom.

2. As far as it not being tough, I would love to see anyone of you, or your "sport" stars get in a NASCAR and drive 500 miles at speeds sometimes in excess of 200 mph's. It takes strength, stamina, endurance and great physical ability and talent. Not any Joe Schmo can become a great race car driver (and I say this because I do not want to limit this to just NASCAR, all auto racing to me is a sport, have you ever watched an F-1 race........WOW).

These men (and women) risk there lives for this SPORT. The greatest NASCAR driver to ever live (IMHO) died for this sport. And for those of you who dont know who I am talking about, I am talking about THE one and only, #3, - The Intimidator - Dale Earnhardt.

One of the greatest race car drivers ever, Ayrton Senna, F-1 driver, died racing. This list goes on with names of great drivers who died racing their cars. If that isnt love for what you do, I dont know what is.

I would love to go on and on, but I have work (damn thing is always cutting into my time on this board). I am sure I will have more to say after I get some responses.

And I want to make this clear. I did not grow up a NASCAR fan, I did not grow up in the South. I am a Yankee, born and bred. Lived and raised my whole life in CT (until moving to Okla 6 yrs ago) but I liked NASCAR before moving. I will say this, if you havent been to a race, that is the only reason you cant appreciate it for what it really is. I urge you to try and see one if you havent, I promise you wont be disappointed.

Well first let me start out by saying I went a little off topic by trying to convince you to like NASCAR when I was really trying to convince you that it is a sport. I see that you have attended many a race (my first ever NASCAR race was at Pocono and I actually got to meet Darryl Waltrip, Ernie Irvan and a couple others cause they were staying in the same hotel as us, it was cool)). Being from Ct, Pocono was the closest until Loudon NH was built. I will add this, those are probably the two most boring tracks on the circuit with the exception of the road courses. A race at Indy or Texas or Dover or Talladega (not that you havent been there, you probably have) is one to see. But if you have been to so many and still dont like it, you never will. So in the future if you ever have to go.......give me a call I will be happy to take your place.

Back to the sport issue.

2) My definiton of a sport is something that invloves more physical activity and strategy against another human being than NASCAR provides. Even in team sports, there are still individual battles waged for the good of the team (in theory. SOme players are selfish and egotistical, but that is another discussion entirely). So, even though NASCAR has a crew and a driver, going aroung in left turns for 4 hours as fast as one can seems to be lacking strategy and some sort of direct physical skill matchup with another human being. Just my definition, which I actually had to think about in a college philosophy course way back when, something titled Games, sports and war or something, about how mankind has always had some kind of game or comepetitions......again, another discussion for another time.

Strategy wins NASCAR races every week. Fuel amounts, pit stops (when to take them, how many tires, how much fuel). When a driver is on the track he must use strategy to determine when to pass, if to pass, who to hook up with, not to get caught out of the draft. I believe there is so much more involved than just turning left.

3) Going 150+ MPH in a car ain't hard. NASCAR experience in Florida (or Carolina?) lets people do that

No it aint, but it gets a little harder when you are an inch from the car in front of you, have a car touching your bumber and there are forty of you stuffed inside a large cereal bowl.

Too loud, too many drunk people, too hot, too loud, too boring, did I mention too loud?

Hmmmmmm? Loud and drunk.......sounds like a he!! of a time to me :D But seriously, the one main reason I love racing is the loudness, so to speak. I love "feeling" the noise. My first race I was told to wear ear plugs when I got close to the fence. I did, but immediately took them out and have never worn any since. I love standing by the fence as the whole entire pack drives by. To me it is one of the most intense feelings ever.......I cant think of another SPORT that you can actually feel.

And yes I agree with you on the popularity of the SPORT today as compared to the 70's, there is no question there.

As far as the Kings 200 wins, it was back when they raced 3-4 times as many races per season as they do now. So there is no way that any driver will ever be able to surpass that record due to the fact that they dont race as many races these days. Also comparing any SPORTS figure from on era with one from another is really pointless because of the difference in the way the SPORT is played or the equipment used, etc. etc. But as far as Champioships goes Dale and the King are tied at the top with 7.

I do envy all the races you have been to, I wish I could have seen as many. And I know this sounds lame, but if I ever had so much money I didnt have to work, one of my desires is to get a kick a$$ mobile home and tour the entire NASCAR circuit for a whole season. Again, the loud and the drunk infield parties is where I wanna be (and no I have not shown my **** :D and will never be drunk enough to) but its fun watching loud mouthed inbred goobers get drunk and make fools of themselves. Oh wait, I just gotta look out my window to see that these days.........LOL

Thanks Jared, I really enjoyed this conversation/debate with you (and hope to continue it for a little while longer anyway). You really are a nice guy (again with the butt smooching) but seriously, its nice to have an intelligent adult debate about SPORTS w/o name calling and personal slandering, ya know. Maybe when we are in other threads where theses guys go off on each other, we can post a link to this thread and show em how its done.

Peace out my brother!!!!!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?p=47624#post47624

orangenblue420
02-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I really havent followed it since Dale died - it isnt the same for me anymore and Im not to crazy about the new rules and point standings and stuff

But I honestly feel you cant make an informed opinion on the physicality of a sport unless you have done it yourself -

A lot of drivers are hoping on the get physically fit bus because it really does make a difference - this aint your granpappy running moonshine cross the border car racin no more :D

Calif. Bronco
02-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I'll start my own thread for bull-riding. Cheers! :cheers:

Oh I'm sure that will get a lot of responses - lol! :beer:

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-08-2006, 01:27 PM
- this aint your granpappy running moonshine cross the border car racin no more :D
I would pay money to hear you say this .

orangenblue420
02-08-2006, 01:28 PM
I would pay money to hear you say this .

How much would you pay me if I said it topless :D

Xtreme Bronco
02-08-2006, 02:09 PM
For Orangenblue420, I know a lot of people that are that way a/b the sport since Dale died. He in a sense was the face of the sport, when you talked a/b Nasar you thought a/b Earnhardt. He did a lot for the sport even though I was never and never will be a fan of his. Although I never wanted to see him pass away. I truly believe that this is the reason for his son Jr's popularity.

Calif. Bronco
02-08-2006, 02:48 PM
For Orangenblue420, I know a lot of people that are that way a/b the sport since Dale died. He in a sense was the face of the sport, when you talked a/b Nasar you thought a/b Earnhardt. He did a lot for the sport even though I was never and never will be a fan of his. Although I never wanted to see him pass away. I truly believe that this is the reason for his son Jr's popularity.

Of course even before Dale there was King Petty and after Dale there has been Dale Jr. and Jeff Gordon. NASCAR, like all sports, has always had people who were "the face" of it.

As for Jr., I think 90% of it is because of his Dad, although I do know a few of his followers who like him who never liked his Dad. The fact that he wins a lot (until this past year anyway) probably has a little to do with his popularity also.

Xtreme Bronco
02-08-2006, 02:52 PM
I'll agree to that and i'll even go as far as to say that the particular sponsor he has helps him out with his popularity. He gets a lot of publicity from it!

Calif. Bronco
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I'll agree to that and i'll even go as far as to say that the particular sponsor he has helps him out with his popularity. He gets a lot of publicity from it!

You mean Oreo's, right? :D J/k - I totally forgot about the sponsorship and completely agree with you - Budweiser is one of those name brands (like Nike) that does really well at promotion and can propell and otherwise famous athlete into superstardom.

SyxxSynse
02-08-2006, 05:02 PM
You mean Oreo's, right? :D J/k - I totally forgot about the sponsorship and completely agree with you - Budweiser is one of those name brands (like Nike) that does really well at promotion and can propell and otherwise famous athlete into superstardom.

Ain't that the truth. If you watch a commercial break during a race (which the're pretty hard to miss since there is so many of them :mad: ) at least 2 or 3 of the commercials have Dale Jr. in them selling something. Weither its Budweiser, Wrangler Jeans, or NAPA Auto Parts, Jr. is certainly one of the biggest names and faces for NASCAR advertising.

LbloodOjunkieG
02-08-2006, 05:08 PM
It's not going to feel right. Everytime I will see the Miller Lite 2 car, I will have to keep reminding myself thats not Rusty. I don't wanna have to go through that.

SyxxSynse
02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
It's not going to feel right. Everytime I will see the Miller Lite 2 car, I will have to keep reminding myself thats not Rusty. I don't wanna have to go through that.

That's the same way I'm going to feel when Mark retires. I just can't see anyone in the 6 car exept Mark. That's why I guess I'll be watching him in the Truck Series and pulling for Carl Edwards in Cup come '07.

LbloodOjunkieG
02-08-2006, 05:19 PM
That's the same way I'm going to feel when Mark retires. I just can't see anyone in the 6 car exept Mark. That's why I guess I'll be watching him in the Truck Series and pulling for Carl Edwards in Cup come '07.
Is this Marks last year? I thought last year was, but now that I think about it I remember hearing something about him comming back.

SyxxSynse
02-09-2006, 05:47 AM
Is this Marks last year? I thought last year was, but now that I think about it I remember hearing something about him comming back.

Last year was supposed to be his last year. Jamie McMurray was supposed to take over Mark's car this year and Mark was going to run Trucks full time, but the whole thing with Ganassi and McMurray's contract came up and Jack Roush asked Mark to run one more year. All I know is that I'm glad Mark got rid of the Viagra sponsorship. I was so tired of hearing all the old man/can't get an erection so he has to use his sponsor jokes.

BroncFanIN
02-09-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm ready for the season to start. I'm in a couple of fantasy nascar pools here at work...I gotta have something to focus on in the off-season! :D

I'm glad Mark came back for one more season. He is a class act.

Also, is Nascar going to be on Fox again this year? I like the coverage Fox provides. When they do the "Crank it up" I turn the surround sound on really loud and stand in the middle of the living room. The noise freaks the cat out. The dog just keeps sleeping... :heh:

Xtreme Bronco
02-09-2006, 10:43 AM
The 500 is going to be on NBC, then fox will cover through the night race at Daytona, Pepsi 400. After that, NBC and TNT will cover the rest of the season.

I feel bad for you, to have Kurt Busch taking over such a historic ride just does not add up. I know he's won a championship but still i do not think he will run well in that car. Better watch out though since he got that DUI last year and w/ Miller Lite being his sponsor for 06 season, lol :D .

Calif. Bronco
02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
I feel bad for you, to have Kurt Busch taking over such a historic ride just does not add up. I know he's won a championship but still i do not think he will run well in that car. Better watch out though since he got that DUI last year and w/ Miller Lite being his sponsor for 06 season, lol :D .

I feel bad for you too LBlood - at least when Martin retires he'll have a pretty decent guy (McMurray) taking his spot (I assume, unless things change again.) But to see "your car" being driven by an idiot like Kurt Busch? Well...like I said, I feel for you buddy! :coffee:

LbloodOjunkieG
02-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Exactly. I Don't think its right for someone else to take over the exact same car of a legend. They should repaint it or something.

DBroncTD30
02-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey Dusty, glad to have another Mark Martin fan on the board!
:beer:
Gotta do something about that UT Vols loyalty, however. (Gator fan)
:D

For whomever asked, Todd Kluever, who runs the #50 Roush Racing truck in the Craftsman Truck Series, is scheduled to drive the #6 car when Mark retires at the end of this season.
McMurray was to replace Mark, but when Busch signed with Penske that left another seat open besides the one Martin was vacating. Jack Roush may change things around, however.

As for Saturday night's race, I just hope the Roush fords (minus Biffle) keep up with the Hendrick and DEI Chevys.

I'm torn. I want next week to get here bad, and on the other hand want time to stand still because with it comes Martin's final Daytona 500. :ugh:

Calif. Bronco
02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
For whomever asked, Todd Kluever, who runs the #50 Roush Racing truck in the Craftsman Truck Series, is scheduled to drive the #6 car when Mark retires at the end of this season.
McMurray was to replace Mark, but when Busch signed with Penske that left another seat open besides the one Martin was vacating. Jack Roush may change things around, however.

As for Saturday night's race, I just hope the Roush fords (minus Biffle) keep up with the Hendrick and DEI Chevys.

I'm torn. I want next week to get here bad, and on the other hand want time to stand still because with it comes Martin's final Daytona 500. :ugh:

Thanks for the info. on McMurray/Kluever/etc. It's pretty hard to keep up with all of these changes sometimes - I know when I go to the race in a few weeks I'll be cursing the #97 at least once because I'll forget the idiot isn't in it anymore - lol! (by the way, who is taking the 97? McMurray?)

As for Martin, I have to say that I think it would be awesome if he went out on top this year, either with a win at Daytona or, even better, a championship. That would be too cool. If my guy (#9) doesn't win it all (and he won't - lol) I would like nothing better than to see #6 bring home the cup this year! :beer:

SyxxSynse
02-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the info. on McMurray/Kluever/etc. It's pretty hard to keep up with all of these changes sometimes - I know when I go to the race in a few weeks I'll be cursing the #97 at least once because I'll forget the idiot isn't in it anymore - lol! (by the way, who is taking the 97? McMurray?)

Actually, the 97 car with Roush backing it is no more. Roush changed the number 97 car to the 26, a number he used in the past.

And as for DBroncTD30, I just hope Tennessee does better next year than they did this past time. 2005 was a pathetic year for the Vols, except for that come back against LSU (Which I didn't even get to watch because I believe that was the same night Denver played Kansas City on MNF.)

DBroncTD30
02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Dusty, you must be pleased with Bruce Pearl and the Vol's hoops team correct?
Even Phil Fulmer made an appearance at the UF game.

I really have a good feeling about Mark winning 2 or more races this season.
Not too many changes as far as his team is concerned, and Pat Tryson has proven to be a heckuva crew chief.

CA Bronco, I'm going to need a program when I get to Daytona next week just to keep up with who is who on the track with so many offseason changes.
I follow Mark Martin almost religiously, so I happened to know that little tidbit of information.
My buddy is a Kasey Kahne fan (was Bill Elliott) and is hoping like you Kasey has a better season than last year.

A championship for Mark...and I could die in peace.

SyxxSynse
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Dusty, you must be pleased with Bruce Pearl and the Vol's hoops team correct?
Even Phil Fulmer made an appearance at the UF game.

Actually, I care very little about UT basketball, or basketball in general. I was mostly talking about the poor season of football they had. All I can hope for is that they can recruit some good players or something.

By the way DBronc, you wouldn't happen to be a member of Mark Martin's message board over at RoushRacing.com are you? If your not, you should be. It's a really nice place to be and just about everyone over there is friendly. If your not and would like to be, PM me or reply to this message. Oh, and I'm dusty61799 over there.

Q-niverse
02-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I was a Rusty Wallace fan. Don't know who I am going to root for this year. I can't cheer for jr or Tony Stewart because then I would feel like a bandwagon fan, and my friend would dissolve the friendship if I mentioned Jeff Gordon with praise. Whose taking over for Rusty?

Calif. Bronco
02-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Whose taking over for Rusty?

One of the biggest whiners and weasels in all of professional sports, IMHO - Kurt Busch!

DBroncTD30
02-10-2006, 05:35 AM
Dusty, sounds like fun.
Will remember to sign up before the season gets underway.

SyxxSynse
02-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Cool! Just go to the link below and click on Login/Join. Hope to see ya there! :beer:

http://forums.roushracing.com/groupee

Xtreme Bronco
02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Do you think that some of the rookies entering the season, David Stremme, Reed Sorenson, Clint Bowyer, will have the same success as last year's rookie sensation Carl Edwards?

Calif. Bronco
02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Do you think that some of the rookies entering the season, David Stremme, Reed Sorenson, Clint Bowyer, will have the same success as last year's rookie sensation Carl Edwards?

History says one of them will do reasonably well (maybe even make the chase like Carl) and the others will be erratic - really well some weeks and duds the others (like Kyle Busch last year and my boy #9 the year before.)

BTW, did you forget about Truex (sp.) or is he not considered a rookie for some reason? I think he's going to have a lot of success, if not this year than in the future.

SyxxSynse
02-10-2006, 07:33 PM
I think that, like most years, there will be one or two standout rookies, while the others fall by the wayside. I think that Truex Jr. will be the best this year, with Sorenson right behind. I think others like David Stremme will just be a joke. :coffee:

Xtreme Bronco
02-12-2006, 12:16 PM
I think Sorenson will do exceptionally well for a rookie in the Cup; i have watched him since he was running the legend cars. Truex Jr, i am not so sure a/b, he really has not shown to much in his races in the cup last year. Granted 2 busch series championships is impressive but i do not think he will run well at least not in the 1 car. He hasn't been that fast at speedweek and has been struggling a little bit.I will agree with Stremme, b/c he didn't win a race in the busch series and wasn't competitive until the end of last season. He could have used another year of busch. Just 2 hours away from the shootout, Go #26!

Gyro
02-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm not a big fan but the NASCAR season has started and I thought why not start a NASCAR thread?

Mods please sticky this..... :D

Peerless
02-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Oh please no..........

Gyro
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh please no..........

Yea, I don't care for it too much myself, I just had to start my own OFFICIAL thread.

Peerless
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Yea, I don't care for it too much myself, I just had to start my own OFFICIAL thread.
Please...... start it some other time.

Gyro
02-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Please...... start it some other time.

It's too late know......... :heh:

Peerless
02-13-2006, 05:10 PM
It's too late know......... :heh:
go to your first post..... on the top right you can delete it.

Edit... bottom right...... the edit button.

Gyro
02-13-2006, 05:12 PM
go to your first post..... on the top right you can delete it.

Edit... bottom right...... the edit button.

But what if some people LIKE NASCAR? :duh:

WhoDeyBengals
02-13-2006, 05:19 PM
But what if some people LIKE NASCAR? :duh:
I personally don't like Nascar ;)

Bunch of cars, going around in circles? Around these parts, we call that the morning commute. Except we don't get paid to do it, and no one waves a yellow flag when someone crashes.

Gyro
02-13-2006, 05:36 PM
I personally don't like Nascar ;)

Bunch of cars, going around in circles? Around these parts, we call that the morning commute. Except we don't get paid to do it, and no one waves a yellow flag when someone crashes.

Yea, it's probably one of the most boring sports of all time, but it makes alot of money so someone must like it..... :D

Saddletramp
02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
WELL SAID. :coffee: :duh: :confused:
ps. GIVE D6 AN ATTABOY FOR THE SIG.

SyxxSynse
02-13-2006, 07:28 PM
First, thanks for the attaboy and CP Tex, I appreciate it!

Second, what did everyone think of the Bud Shootout?! I thought it was a dang good race, even though I think Hamlin may have had that one handed to him compliments of the defending champ. :duh:

SyxxSynse
02-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Not to step on anyone's toes, but if your going to say that you DON'T like NASCAR, you need to make a "I don't like NASCAR" thread, and not put it in the "Official NASCAR thread." If your going to make a NASCAR thread, lets talk NASCAR like we like it. Cool? OK, so what did all the NASCAR fans think of the Bud Shootout? I thought it was a pretty cool race. And I want to see some opinions on the following:

1) What do you think of Carl Edwards avoiding the wreck and getting penalized?
2) Do you think Tony Stewart gave Denny Hamlin the Shootout win?
3) What is your opinion on Stewart's comments about bump drafting?

Looking forward to some replies on these... :beer:

Gyro
02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
I wonder when NASCAR will expand to Canada??? :confused:

Xtreme Bronco
02-14-2006, 09:14 AM
The shootout was rather exciting on Sun. I was disappointed with an idiot named Kyle Busch. I think the way he drove was rediculous. I agree with what Edwards said and did but i understand why Nascar did what they did. As far as for Denny Hamlin, awesome that's what racing is all a/b. Stewart and Jr. both said it was an extremely dangerous race and who knows best than the drivers themselves. This should make for an eventful 500. A little disappointed thought Jamie could win, had the car just was not his day.

As for the people above who do not like Nascar then find something else. Also I created this thread ,so do not take credit for someone else's work!

Xtreme Bronco
02-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Also what do some of you think about Nascar suspended Chad Knauss! Personally, I agree and I think it set's a standard of what is acceptable. This will Johnson this week in the biggest race of the year. Congrats Jeff Burton for the pole, good to see him catch a break. Predictions on top 10 finishers in the 500.

orangenblue420
02-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Dropped my ex off at the airport so he can go to yet another Daytona 500 - :mad:

SyxxSynse
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
I got a feeling this is Stewart's year for the 500 win, even though I wish Mark Martin would get his first in his last year. Here's my prediction:

1. Tony Stewart
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
3. Jeff Gordon
4. Michael Waltrip
5. Dale Jarrett
6. Ryan Newman
7. Kurt Busch
8. Mark Martin
9. Jimmie Johnson
10. Martin Truex Jr.

Also, a 24 car wreck caused by that idiot Kyle Busch! :duh:

Xtreme Bronco
02-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I got a feeling this is Stewart's year for the 500 win, even though

Also, a 24 car wreck caused by that idiot Kyle Busch! :duh:

I agree with that. I think Jr, Gibbs, Hendrick, Roush will be your winners. You pick em' you have a lot to choose from. I think Jamie has a strong shot, hopefully if things go our way!

SyxxSynse
02-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey Xtreme, have you always been a McMurray fan or have you just started liking him lately?

2 Minute Warning
02-19-2006, 07:11 AM
Dropped my ex off at the airport so he can go to yet another Daytona 500 - :mad:

He didn't take you with him? :confused:

Broncofan-13
02-19-2006, 07:14 AM
NASCAR is alright I guess. Not my least favorite sport, but far from my favorite. Watching It on tv puts me right to sleep. car turning left.... car tuning left.... oh my god... TIRE CHANGE!!!! car turning left.... not my thing ;)

that said, I wouldnt mind seeing a race live.

2 Minute Warning
02-19-2006, 07:19 AM
NASCAR is alright I guess. Not my least favorite sport, but far from my favorite. Watching It on tv puts me right to sleep. car turning left.... car tuning left.... oh my god... TIRE CHANGE!!!! car turning left.... not my thing

that said, I wouldnt mind seeing a race live.

I kind of agree there. I used to go to car races, it's funner when you are there. My Husband likes the Daytona 500 and will be watching, it's only once a year lol.
Seems everytime I sit down to watch a race on T.V. the yellow flags come out then it's wait :huh: wait :huh: wait, I'm not that patient. :P

2 Minute Warning
02-19-2006, 04:01 PM
14 more laps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BroncFanIN
02-19-2006, 05:22 PM
woohooo!!!! Jimmie Johnson is the man!:rockon:

That was a good race.

Stewart showed his true colors once again today.

SyxxSynse
02-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Stewart showed his true colors once again today.

Yep! Its funny that the same man that not one week ago said that "If we don't stop being so aggressive, someone else is going to die", is now turned a complete 360 and try, and successfully, take out another driver with aggressive driving. Stewart is such a freakin' hypocrite. :mad:

Booher
02-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I guess cheaters do actually win ......

16milehigh87
03-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Ok e1 lets hear who your favorite driver is. Who is your least favorite?
Mine was Rusty Wallace. Now that he is retired I guess I will root for Carl Edwards.

I can't stand Jeff Gordon.

SyxxSynse
03-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Ok e1 lets hear who your favorite driver is. Who is your least favorite?
Mine was Rusty Wallace. Now that he is retired I guess I will root for Carl Edwards.

I can't stand Jeff Gordon.

You can pretty much guess who my favorite driver is! When Mark retires, I will also pull for Edwards in the Cup Series, but will mostly be watching Mark in the Trucks. Its hard to pinpoint my least favorite driver, but it would be anyone that wrecks, talks bad about, etc. about Mark, Carl, or any other Roush/Ford driver. I mostly can't stand Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick.

DBroncTD30
03-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Las Vegas predictions:

Biffle or Kenseth for the win.

Others to keep an eye on:

Jimmie Johnson
Tony Stewart
Kurt Busch
Carl Edwards
Kyle Busch
Casey Mears

Heart says Mark Martin.

Darkhorse:

Jamie McMurray

broncolitis
03-10-2006, 12:38 PM
OK lets talk about nascar.
blablabla Jeff blablabla Gordon.

SyxxSynse
03-13-2006, 06:11 AM
Las Vegas predictions:

Biffle or Kenseth for the win.

Others to keep an eye on:

Jimmie Johnson
Tony Stewart
Kurt Busch
Carl Edwards
Kyle Busch
Casey Mears

Heart says Mark Martin.

Darkhorse:

Jamie McMurray

Well, you were close! That was a heartbreaker for Kenseth and his crew. I can't believe JJ won again! :mad: Looks like his cheating, wiesel of a crew chief may be looking for a job pretty soon! :P

BroncFanIN
03-13-2006, 08:44 AM
JJ is off to a fast start!! :rockon:

Poooor Tony Stewart...flat tire! Finished 21st!! Mwhahaha!! :cheers: