PDA

View Full Version : Sapp fired???



sMiLiNgA$$a$$In
12-26-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey fellas just pulled this off of Indy's board. Doubt he would come here but it is interesting news.

http://www.indystar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10

Warren Sapp being released
I have a pretty reliable source here in Jacksonville that just told me Warren Sapp is being released by Tampa......

muse
12-26-2003, 04:23 PM
To be honest, if it's true I won't be surprised.

Pierce
12-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I don't see that story on any of the sports news websites...yet. It could be true, but if it is, that's big news. I don't think he'll be unemployed for long...

Return of Lava
12-26-2003, 04:31 PM
he wont be a bronco!

bronco30
12-26-2003, 04:40 PM
its no biggie if they released him he would a been a FA next year anyway n they cant afford 2 resign him they're way over the salary cappp 4 next year......

TXBRONC
12-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Since he will be a free agent why release him one game before the end of the season? Until it actually happens I would rather take a wait and see approach.

Elway
12-26-2003, 10:24 PM
HE will probably be release during the offseason, don't know if there is a cap hit, or if he is at the end of the contract. They resigned Booger McFarland to a sizeable contract, so Warren was most likely out after this season no matter what happened to Tampa. Should be intersting to see who can afford him, and who decided to roll the dice on Keyshawn to... maybe they stay in Florida and go to Jacksonville.... Smith & Keyshawn, Hugh Douglas & Sapp.... naaaahhh :goofy:

Eight
12-26-2003, 11:24 PM
The last game the bucs had I could of sworn I heard the announcer say, "Well, this just may be Warren Sapps last home game here in Tampa". Maybe I just heard it wrong, :o !

#26_Fan
12-27-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Pierce
I don't see that story on any of the sports news websites...yet. It could be true, but if it is, that's big news. I don't think he'll be unemployed for long...

They were talking about this on Sports Center earlier this week and said it's still up in the air as to what's going to happend or what team they think might pick him up.

DieWithMileHigh
12-27-2003, 09:06 AM
We don't need the headache in denver, let him be a loudmouth idiot somewhere else

TXBRONC
12-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Elway
HE will probably be release during the offseason, don't know if there is a cap hit, or if he is at the end of the contract. They resigned Booger McFarland to a sizeable contract, so Warren was most likely out after this season no matter what happened to Tampa. Should be intersting to see who can afford him, and who decided to roll the dice on Keyshawn to... maybe they stay in Florida and go to Jacksonville.... Smith & Keyshawn, Hugh Douglas & Sapp.... naaaahhh :goofy:

I don't think the Buc's take a cap hit unless they resign him. Since he is a FA they may just let him go if they are having cap problems.

mattos
12-27-2003, 10:37 AM
there is an interesting thread their about kennedy's hit. it's not suprising how they come down on it.

NYCHIEFSFAN
12-27-2003, 11:01 AM
From what I've read, it seems the Bucs don't want him back next year.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20031227/COLUMNISTS0611/312270392/1113/SPORTS

Tony
12-27-2003, 01:59 PM
The last i've heard, was that keyshawn may go to the patriots next season.

#26_Fan
12-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Tony
The last i've heard, was that keyshawn may go to the patriots next season.

Yeah...I heard that too! But I heard him say he wouldn't mind high tailing it back to the Jets.

palehorse
12-31-2003, 01:48 AM
I heard "Wayne's World" needs a sports expert...

Elway
12-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Back at the Jets... he could back up Chrebet. WOuldn't be surprised if he hooked back up to Parcells, seems Dillon wants to go there.