PDA

View Full Version : What was your best birthday gift ever? (not including nookie)

The Dark Knight
02-24-2006, 07:12 AM
When I was in 6th grade, I got a 19 inch TV from my Dad and a Nintendo Entertainment system (no robot) from my Mom.

That was pretty friggin awesome. Star Trek was on at midnight on school nights so I'd stay up and watch it in my own room. Mom would yell at me if I was watching tv in the living room at midnight but since it in my own room it was OK.

What was the best gift you got on your birthday? (Not including sex)

:cheers:

Emancipator
02-24-2006, 07:40 AM
My birthday is Monday. I'll let you know then. By the way, Broncomania has declared Monday February 27th
Emancipator's Day.

Mount-n-Groan
02-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Probably my last birthday - - my wife got me a Martin guitar. :rockon:

My other guitars are still singing their silent lamentations. :hurt:

LordTrychon
02-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Well my best birthday gift by far was.... oh... almost didn't read the whole thread title...

I'd have to say the Golf clubs I got last year then... :D

Jared
02-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Probably my last birthday - - my wife got me a Martin guitar. :rockon:

My other guitars are still singing their silent lamentations. :hurt:

I dated a girl who lived like a mile from where they are made.

She never let me take her there on a date though.

Next time I am home, maybe I'll goand get some pictures.

Sweet!

Jared
02-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Oh, BTW, my best birthday gift was a drum kit.

Mount-n-Groan
02-24-2006, 09:49 AM
I dated a girl who lived like a mile from where they are made.

She never let me take her there on a date though.

Next time I am home, maybe I'll go and get some pictures.

Sweet!

Forget the pictures... go and get some guitars!!! ;) Dumpster diving, maybe? Their rejects (if they even have them) are likely better quality than the finished and approved products of most makers.

Most would probably find a tour of the factory boring, but I would be drooling all over the place. They're truly works of art. I love them/it!

If you do get a chance to go then let me know; I'd love to hear what it was like.

:beer:

Jared
02-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Forget the pictures... go and get some guitars!!! ;) Dumpster diving, maybe? Their rejects (if they even have them) are likely better quality than the finished and approved products of most makers.

Most would probably find a tour of the factory boring, but I would be drooling all over the place. They're truly works of art. I love them/it!

If you do get a chance to go then let me know; I'd love to hear what it was like.

:beer:

I grew up about 15 miles from Nazareth, PA. Kids from there went to my high school. It's a 'burb.

So, yeah, it's entirely within the realm of possibility to schedule a tour without making a special trip.

I'll keep it in mind this holiday season maybe?

WhoDeyBengals
02-24-2006, 10:27 AM
When I was like 4 years old, I remember being given a complete Masters of the Universe Castle Greyskull adventure set, along with a host of figures, including Man-Ram, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Skeletor (with battle damage armor!) and Battle Cat. I already had He-Man before that ;)

Tied for that would be my 10th birthday when I got my NES and SuperMario/Duck Hunt.

The Dark Knight
02-24-2006, 03:22 PM
When I was like 4 years old, I remember being given a complete Masters of the Universe Castle Greyskull adventure set, along with a host of figures, including Man-Ram, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Skeletor (with battle damage armor!) and Battle Cat. I already had He-Man before that ;)

Tied for that would be my 10th birthday when I got my NES and SuperMario/Duck Hunt.

Is that the one where you could trap one of the figures in shackles and then put a jar of green slime on him?

xX-Bronco-Xx
02-24-2006, 03:24 PM
My Italian greyhound doggy.

aberdien
02-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Denver Broncos football tickets.

tpryce93
02-24-2006, 06:48 PM
this year i got a fresh sealed 75$ absolute playoff memorabilia box with like 40 packs in it and got a Julius Jones/Deuce Mcallister dual jersey card out of it. and a prestigious pros Chad Pennington jersey (he's not so prestigiouis anymore) but the best part was my 27" tv i got :beer:

*Atwater*
02-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Terrel Davis Jersey.

Kapaibro
02-24-2006, 06:50 PM
For my 30th just before I left NZ, I got my new NZ passport, and my Irish Foreign BIrth Registration and Irish Passport, and as my dad had put the charges for these on his credit card, he said I didn't have to pay him back. That was $700.00!

When I turned 13, my mum bought me a really good show pony, and then when I was 15, she bought me a new riding jacket, tailor-made.

tpryce93
02-24-2006, 06:53 PM
For my 30th just before I left NZ, I got my new NZ passport, and my Irish Foreign BIrth Registration and Irish Passport, and as my dad had put the charges for these on his credit card, he said I didn't have to pay him back. That was $700.00!

When I turned 13, my mum bought me a really good show pony, and then when I was 15, she bought me a new riding jacket, tailor-made.
is that 700 dollars american????

West
02-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Benny you make me laugh, not including nookie. :laugh:

Uhh My mom got me tickets to travel to Mexico last year on a 5 day cruise. I brought my best friend and we had an absolute blast on that boat.

Kapaibro
02-24-2006, 07:20 PM
is that 700 dollars american????
New Zealand, about 400USD

Ncfootball
02-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Definitely my car when I turned 16. Black 2001 Acura Integra... I love her :D

plastik
02-24-2006, 11:26 PM
My wife. We started dating on my 25th birthday. :D