PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Bloom vs David Anderson

IrishConrad
02-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Jeremy Bloom vs. David Anderson
Who would you take if you where looking to develop in the NFL.

I think both of these WR are stronger at different parts of thier game.

Anderson is a great route runner and has great hands. He has good ability to create yards after the catch and will go over the middle. He's also more battle-tested than Bloom.

Bloom is quik, and fast. But 2 years not playing college ball...we don't know how much more he will develop. He would probably be a better punt-kick returner than Anderson with that speed.

David Anderson 5-10 195lbs. 4.53 in the 40.
Jeremy Bloom 5-9 175Lbs 4.36 in the 40.

Buff_bronc_fan
02-28-2006, 03:02 PM
David Anderson, hands down. That guy eats drinks and sleeps football. I'm not sure who it was he worked with in summers back in Cali, but it seems like it was some former Raider like Willy Gault or something like that... Anyway, the point is that he has worked very hard to put himself in the position he is in now.

We'll have to see if his frame will allow him to succeed at the NFL level. Reminds me of Wayne Chrebet in stature.

Bloom is a good athlete, and he still has a nice upside... But I think Anderson is the more complete football package.

BVP
02-28-2006, 07:35 PM
David Anderson, hands down. That guy eats drinks and sleeps football. I'm not sure who it was he worked with in summers back in Cali, but it seems like it was some former Raider like Willy Gault or something like that... Anyway, the point is that he has worked very hard to put himself in the position he is in now.

We'll have to see if his frame will allow him to succeed at the NFL level. Reminds me of Wayne Chrebet in stature.

Bloom is a good athlete, and he still has a nice upside... But I think Anderson is the more complete football package.

I am glad that you think that you think that he is better. Well, you have had trouble covering him for years. But anyway's, he reminds me of Eddy Mac because he is tough as nails, and will catch anything that will come his way. He can also turn something small into a big play.

Bronco_f1
02-28-2006, 10:27 PM
I voted for bloom, but I didn't see all the information until after I voted. I think Anderson is a better deal at WR. He would look great in a Broncos uniform, don't you think?

broncofan303
03-01-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm a Buff homer and this one is easy... David Anderson... He's got the full tools to be a quality 3rd WR in the NFL, Bloom is quick and flashy but thats about it...he's a Dante Hall type player, just good for kick returns and an average WR...

Anderson runs good routes, sneaky speed, and just seemed like the kid can catch anything and everything coming his way... I'd take him over Bloom... in fact, I don't even think Bloom will get drafted...

Kapaibro
03-01-2006, 05:54 PM
I think that Bloom will be a good fit. He's already had to perform at a professional level for 6 years, and has shown his dedication to what he participates in.

He set great standards at the combine, given that he'd only just finished competeing at Turino, and wrapping up the skiing season. And he wants to play so badly, that I think he'll throw himself into his play.

And he's damn hot!

Tatortot
03-01-2006, 09:13 PM
We need fast playmakers on offense....Bloom was a great returner. If I recall correctly, didn't he return a punt for a TD on his first return in college? His speed will give our younger receivers even more youth for the future. Before Bloom though, I heard that we may pick up Chad Jackson with our 2nd 1st round pick.

broncofan303
03-02-2006, 06:55 AM
We need fast playmakers on offense....Bloom was a great returner. If I recall correctly, didn't he return a punt for a TD on his first return in college? His speed will give our younger receivers even more youth for the future. Before Bloom though, I heard that we may pick up Chad Jackson with our 2nd 1st round pick.

He might of..but the 2 plays that stuck out on my mind is the only TD he got for us against FSU in a 80yard long bomb and then he returned a kick against Oklahoma.. Some two impressive plays..

I can easily see him not getting drafted, or if he does, a late 6 or 7 round pick.. He is the type that has upside, a "Tim Dwight" type of player...

and if Chad Jackson falls to us, that would be amazing! He ran a great 40 time, I think it was like around 4.3 and he showed great hands... that's the playmaker we may need...

Buff_bronc_fan
03-02-2006, 02:49 PM
He might of..but the 2 plays that stuck out on my mind is the only TD he got for us against FSU in a 80yard long bomb and then he returned a kick against Oklahoma.. Some two impressive plays..

I remember the FSU one vividely, since I was in Tallahasse for that drubbing. The two that stick out in my mind more were his catch in the redzone on the sideline @ Invesco that set up Purify's clinching TD, a nice jumping grab... And then his return for a TD the year before that when CSU won was about the only highlight of the game... Too bad he didn't get to stick around, because he had a pretty good career against CSU.

broncofan303
03-04-2006, 03:17 PM
I remember the FSU one vividely, since I was in Tallahasse for that drubbing. The two that stick out in my mind more were his catch in the redzone on the sideline @ Invesco that set up Purify's clinching TD, a nice jumping grab... And then his return for a TD the year before that when CSU won was about the only highlight of the game... Too bad he didn't get to stick around, because he had a pretty good career against CSU.

:beer: Memories...

Yeah I wish he would of stayed another 2 years at Boulder, but that really wasn't up to him...oh well..

armedequation
03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
:beer: Memories...

Yeah I wish he would of stayed another 2 years at Boulder, but that really wasn't up to him...oh well..

i honestly think CU kind of screwed themselves with that situation. He wasnt getting sponsers for football. Maybe theres something I dont understand but i dont see how kicking an olympian off their team gives them any kind of good publicity.

and David wins this comparision hands down

Buff_bronc_fan
03-05-2006, 11:45 PM
i honestly think CU kind of screwed themselves with that situation. He wasnt getting sponsers for football. Maybe theres something I dont understand but i dont see how kicking an olympian off their team gives them any kind of good publicity.

and David wins this comparision hands down

It wasn't a matter of CU pushing Bloom out. Bloom requested to be allowed skiing sponsors and endorsements while still playing football for the Buffs. The NCAA doesn't allow endorsements of any kind for the athletes (which is a pile of crap since the NCAA makes billions off of college athletics each year.) So Bloom chose to accept endorsements for skiing, and therefore forfeited his eligibility to play football for CU.

armedequation
03-06-2006, 12:34 AM
It wasn't a matter of CU pushing Bloom out. Bloom requested to be allowed skiing sponsors and endorsements while still playing football for the Buffs. The NCAA doesn't allow endorsements of any kind for the athletes (which is a pile of crap since the NCAA makes billions off of college athletics each year.) So Bloom chose to accept endorsements for skiing, and therefore forfeited his eligibility to play football for CU.

course who wouldnt go to the olympics over college football?

broncofan303
03-06-2006, 06:30 AM
course who wouldnt go to the olympics over college football?

You would think he made the right decision but did you see him at the Olympics? I don't want to say he choked, but well, he choked!

The whole endorsement thing was messed up anyways, NCAA allows endorsements IF the endorsements is non-football related, hmmm...skiing....football... I would say that is different..

armedequation
03-06-2006, 10:08 PM
You would think he made the right decision but did you see him at the Olympics? I don't want to say he choked, but well, he choked!

The whole endorsement thing was messed up anyways, NCAA allows endorsements IF the endorsements is non-football related, hmmm...skiing....football... I would say that is different..

well I dont think you can say he choked, thats not very fair to him. I think alot of people say that because of all the hype but there was never any medal hopes pinned on him.

as for the endorsements, thats what i was thinking too

broncofan303
03-07-2006, 06:36 AM
well I dont think you can say he choked, thats not very fair to him. I think alot of people say that because of all the hype but there was never any medal hopes pinned on him.

hmm I'm not sure about that, I remember all the hype being that he's a guarnteed gold...unfair to other competitors ,yes, but I'm pretty sure that everyone expected him to win gold, anything less would be a failure...

armedequation
03-07-2006, 07:35 PM
hmm I'm not sure about that, I remember all the hype being that he's a guarnteed gold...unfair to other competitors ,yes, but I'm pretty sure that everyone expected him to win gold, anything less would be a failure...

i hate that when the media says that someone is a lock to get gold. Kind of puts alot of pressure on someone when they didnt have a say in it

BVP
03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
i hate that when the media says that someone is a lock to get gold. Kind of puts alot of pressure on someone when they didnt have a say in it

Look at Bode Miller. :eek: Just amazing how bad he did compared to how he was supposed to do.

Buff_bronc_fan
03-07-2006, 08:23 PM
The best is all these athletes who didn't medal and then when they get interviewed they all say "Well I wasn't in it for a medal." Bloom and Miller both said that... It's just odd that you never hear them say that before they choke... And you never hear someone who won a medal say "Well I wasn't here to win a medal, I was here for the experience."

broncofan303
03-07-2006, 08:44 PM
The best is all these athletes who didn't medal and then when they get interviewed they all say "Well I wasn't in it for a medal." Bloom and Miller both said that... It's just odd that you never hear them say that before they choke... And you never hear someone who won a medal say "Well I wasn't here to win a medal, I was here for the experience."

Sounds like what someone who didn't win a medal would say...LOL...

That is complete BS, especially after all of the hype and all of the training, you know darn well why you are at the Olympics, you're their to win the Gold! I don't buy the whole "I was there for the experience" excuse, both of them know that they both CHOKED!!

Toby didn't choke though, he actually won a metal...

armedequation
03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
have you ever considered the fact that they didnt choke, but were beaten by better athletes? Take a sec and think about that one...........

BVP
03-09-2006, 08:05 PM
have you ever considered the fact that they didnt choke, but were beaten by better athletes? Take a sec and think about that one...........

Nope, they choked. At least Bode did. He is the best skier in the world.

TDash85
03-13-2006, 08:22 PM
I definately think DA has this one. He is more productive and will open up the game for CSU.

Colorado69
04-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Bloom's football playing weight is at 185 and he was at 185 within a month after the combine. Bloom has drawn pro interest because he can run in the 4.3s consistently and has pretty good hands. Anderson is much slower, but has great hands. Anderson is considered a possession receiver that played his career in a traditionally weak defense MWC. Bloom's career was short, but he showed he could beat national power school's defenses with long TDs. It really depends on the need of the pro team drafting. I don't see eiher being drafted on day 1, but both being drafted on day 2.

ElwaystillKing
04-09-2006, 12:45 PM

I can easily see him not getting drafted, or if he does, a late 6 or 7 round pick.. He is the type that has upside, a "Tim Dwight" type of player...

and if Chad Jackson falls to us, that would be amazing! He ran a great 40 time, I think it was like around 4.3 and he showed great hands... that's the playmaker we may need...

Thank you for your Chad Jackson support. It appears that you unlike so many others have actually took the time to watch him before opening your mouth.

As for my option, I like Jeremy Bloom. He gives the Broncos depth with his return abilities. I actually would like to see him take over return duties so Foxworth and Darrent won't end up hurt!

BVP
04-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Bloom's football playing weight is at 185 and he was at 185 within a month after the combine. Bloom has drawn pro interest because he can run in the 4.3s consistently and has pretty good hands. Anderson is much slower, but has great hands. Anderson is considered a possession receiver that played his career in a traditionally weak defense MWC. Bloom's career was short, but he showed he could beat national power school's defenses with long TDs. It really depends on the need of the pro team drafting. I don't see eiher being drafted on day 1, but both being drafted on day 2.

You have got to remember that Bloom did not do much as a WR. He did most of his damage as a PR and KR.