View Full Version : Abraham IS Denver bound

BANJOPICKER1
03-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Read it here!
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/03/02/234649.php

To Denver Broncos For First Round Pick
March 02, 2006
AJ Vaynerchuk
It seems that the New York Jets have traded John Abraham to the Denver Broncos in exchange for the 29th overall selection in the draft. How this scenario works out for both teams will be examined, along with the trade itself.

For the Jets: The Jets rid themselves of a headache that they have been dealing with for the past two seasons. John Abraham has either been hurt, asking for a new contract, or driving into fire hydrants the past few years. With the Jets shipping John out of New York, the team already has a boost in team chemistry. Gaining a first round pick out of the deal is just a bonus.

For the Broncos: This is a team that accumulated ten sacks from it's starting front four last year. Abraham, by himself, had 10.5 sacks on an underachieving Jets team. Immediately the Broncos add an impact player to their defensive line. This Broncos defense just took another step up in terms of playmaking ability with the acquisition of Abraham. This was a luxury trade for the Broncos considering the fact that they have another first round pick, No. 22.

Signs that showed this trade's hand: Yesterday the Broncos got way under the salary cap by cutting Trevor Pryce and Jeb Putzier. Trevor Pryce plays Abraham's position, and makes about the same amount of money. Interesting. Another interesting fact is the idea that Putzier was nearly a Jet last season. The Jets offered Jeb a contract, but the Broncos had rights to Putzier and opted to match the Jets offer. Maybe we will see Jeb Putzier in green and white afterall.

The official announcement of the trade should be made tomorrow. Until then, this monstrous trade will be discussed at nearly every football message board.

This is AJ's first article on Blogcritics. If you are interested in viewing the actual video footage of the trade report, visit AJ's blog at JetsTV.com.

Gyro
03-03-2006, 06:34 AM
Read it here!
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/03/02/234649.php

To Denver Broncos For First Round Pick
March 02, 2006
AJ Vaynerchuk
It seems that the New York Jets have traded John Abraham to the Denver Broncos in exchange for the 29th overall selection in the draft. How this scenario works out for both teams will be examined, along with the trade itself.

For the Jets: The Jets rid themselves of a headache that they have been dealing with for the past two seasons. John Abraham has either been hurt, asking for a new contract, or driving into fire hydrants the past few years. With the Jets shipping John out of New York, the team already has a boost in team chemistry. Gaining a first round pick out of the deal is just a bonus.

For the Broncos: This is a team that accumulated ten sacks from it's starting front four last year. Abraham, by himself, had 10.5 sacks on an underachieving Jets team. Immediately the Broncos add an impact player to their defensive line. This Broncos defense just took another step up in terms of playmaking ability with the acquisition of Abraham. This was a luxury trade for the Broncos considering the fact that they have another first round pick, No. 22.

Signs that showed this trade's hand: Yesterday the Broncos got way under the salary cap by cutting Trevor Pryce and Jeb Putzier. Trevor Pryce plays Abraham's position, and makes about the same amount of money. Interesting. Another interesting fact is the idea that Putzier was nearly a Jet last season. The Jets offered Jeb a contract, but the Broncos had rights to Putzier and opted to match the Jets offer. Maybe we will see Jeb Putzier in green and white afterall.

The official announcement of the trade should be made tomorrow. Until then, this monstrous trade will be discussed at nearly every football message board.

This is AJ's first article on Blogcritics. If you are interested in viewing the actual video footage of the trade report, visit AJ's blog at JetsTV.com.

Hopefully this is for real, but I'd rather trust a more reliable source, great news if it's true though! :beer:

Broncos008
03-03-2006, 06:35 AM
NICE, I won't believe it until it is official, but that sounds great! Abraham will make Denver's D alot better, the draft pick was going to be used on a DL anyways, great trade shanahan!!! and great job letting go of pryce for this :beer:

Gyro
03-03-2006, 06:36 AM
NICE, I won't believe it until it is official, but that sounds great! Abraham will make Denver's D alot better, the draft pick was going to be used on a DL anyways, great trade shanahan!!! and great job letting go of pryce for this :beer:

There's only one person left to aquire, TO!!!!

Broncos008
03-03-2006, 06:39 AM

I agree! How are we going to pay for these players though, how many more contracts can be restructured? Is it possible to sign TO and Abraham?

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Hasn't this rumor been posted 20 times already?

:confused:

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:40 AM

Screw that.

BroncFanIN
03-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Great find, Banjo! Maybe now we can get 14 sacks next year!

GO DEFENSE!! WOO WOO!:rockon:

Defense wins championships.

Crossing fingers this is true...

Bronx84
Another good sign is the Lepsis deal. Hopefully we get him.

Broncos008
Screw that.

Ok, lets stop this before this goes into a TO thread

Gyro
03-03-2006, 06:44 AM
Our defence is gonna be dangerous this year, more so than the last!! :beer:

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Our defence is gonna be dangerous this year, more so than the last!! :beer:

How do you know that?

Broncos008
03-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Hopefully this addition will help out our CB's as well too, I am ready for a dominating pass and run defense

The Dark Knight
Great find, Banjo! Maybe now we can get 14 sacks next year!

GO DEFENSE!! WOO WOO!:rockon:

Defense wins championships.

Crossing fingers this is true...

Great find?

This has been posted 20 times already.

He's a little late with this RUMOR!

Gyro
How do you know that?

You know, the abarham deal! :D

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Hopefully this addition will help out our CB's as well too, I am ready for a dominating pass and run defense

It won't help, because he hasn't been added.

The Dark Knight

There is no deal!!!

:duh:

Gyro
It won't help, because he hasn't been added.

Why would you say that?

Come on, be optimistic!!

Broncos008
03-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Great find?

Chill out DK, ease up on the negativity, some people are not on this site 24/7, obviously this is the first time we have heard of anything more than just speculation on this topic, it is not a reliable source, but it still gives way for optimism

Gyro
03-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Chill out DK, ease up on the negativity, some people are not on this site 24/7, obviously this is the first time we have heard of anything more than just speculation on this topic

It said on Jet.com that they placed a franchise tag on him, so I don't know.... :mad:

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Chill out DK, ease up on the negativity, some people are not on this site 24/7, obviously this is the first time we have heard of anything more than just speculation on this topic, it is not a reliable source, but it still gives way for optimism

There's a difference between optimism and realism.

I tend to favor the realistic side.

Bronx84
03-03-2006, 06:51 AM
He will sure help but we can't say that untill we see them play

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:51 AM
It said on Jet.com that they placed a franchise tag on him, so I don't know.... :mad:

Well, let me help you out since your unsure.

No, we are not close to signing him.

There.

Gyro
03-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Well, let me help you out since your unsure.

No, we are not close to signing him.

There.

It said they traded him though!!!

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:55 AM
It said they traded him though!!!

A fan blog is not an official source.

Broncos008
03-03-2006, 06:55 AM
can somebody please go to this link and watch this quicktime video--it says that Jets TV has reported the trade has been done but I can't watch it since i am at work :D

http://www.jetstv.com/

nevermind, i saw it said video coming soon, sorry

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:56 AM
can somebody please go to this link and watch this quicktime video--it says that Jets TV has reported the trade has been done but I can't watch it since i am at work :D

Looks like a 15 year old kid is giving the report through a webcam.

Very legit I'm sure.

Gyro
03-03-2006, 06:57 AM

nevermind, i saw it said video coming soon, sorry

He looks like he's 12 years old....

Broncos008
03-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Looks like a 15 year old kid is giving the report through a webcam.

Very legit I'm sure.

well since i couldnt watch it, i guess i will take your word for it and say this trade is not happening, got my hopes up, :ugh:

Gyro
03-03-2006, 06:59 AM
How do we know this just isn't some punk kid who likes to stir trouble?

He does sound like a reporter though, that's got to be good news!! :heh:

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 06:59 AM
^^^

OK, now will someone please merge this thread with the other rumor thread that's already several pages long?

Gyro
03-03-2006, 07:01 AM
^^^

OK, now will someone please merge this thread with the other rumor thread that's already several pages long?

What if that kid was telling the truth though!!!

You have to apologize if this turns out to be true!!

*Atwater*
03-03-2006, 07:02 AM

You have to apogize if this turns out to be true!!
Yeah you heard al91. :cheeky:

The Dark Knight
03-03-2006, 07:04 AM

You have to apogize if this turns out to be true!!

:rolleyes:

BroncFanIN
03-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Great find?

Eh...Don't hang out in GD much these days, so it's new to me. :heh:

Just passing along a compliment on this Friday morning.. :P

Archimedes Owl
03-03-2006, 07:42 AM
There's a reason that this rumor hasn't been picked up by the likes of any real media outlet:

It has not been substantiated in any way.

Frankly, I see no reason to give any legitimacy to that source and neither does any of the other media, so it makes no sense to tout it as fact.

JvDub95
03-03-2006, 08:34 AM
won't happen, TO will be a cowboy

eletero
03-03-2006, 08:48 AM
There's a reason that this rumor hasn't been picked up by the likes of any real media outlet:

It has not been substantiated in any way.

Frankly, I see no reason to give any legitimacy to that source and neither does any of the other media, so it makes no sense to tout it as fact.

Well there is an article on denverpost which sort of corroborates the rumour,

"Pryce was released essentially because Denver no longer thought he was worth his $10.3 million salary. According to a source familiar with the negotiations, to replace Pryce, the Broncos are trying to acquire New York Jets defensive end John Abraham, who is locked in for an $8.3 million salary."

see http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3563733

-e

topscribe
03-03-2006, 08:54 AM
:rolleyes:
Wow, TDK. I hope you're in a better mood today. :heh:

-----

Dubsu
03-03-2006, 10:20 AM
1st round pick for Abraham seems to be a good deal but i think we should low ball the Jets a bit more. They are trying to get rid of him, i think 2nd round maybe a 3rd round would be a better deal.