PDA

View Full Version : Ron Dayne Cut

PryceisRight92
03-05-2006, 06:19 PM
I was just told by a friend watching the NFL network and he said that Ron Dayne was cut. Is there any truth to this? I cant find a thing on the internet. And if google doesnt have it, then im assured it didnt happen.

RunYouOver
03-05-2006, 06:21 PM
If he saw it on NFL network, I don't think it's fake........ :coffee:

If it's true, I wonder if this means Bell's the main guy, or if Shanny's got a guy in the draft he wants to be the starter? :eek: :confused:

Skywalker
03-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I was just told by a friend watching the NFL network and he said that Ron Dayne was cut. Is there any truth to this? I cant find a thing on the internet. And if google doesnt have it, then im assured it didnt happen.

um uh...Roh Dayne cant be cut because he doesnt even have a contract....he's going to be a Free Agent and we have to sign him :coffee:

Fl_playa101
03-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Or it means he will still sign but after free agency starts a-la what denverpost said

HORSEPOWER 56
03-05-2006, 06:22 PM

Dayne will be a FA tonight at 12:01 am. No, he was not cut. The Broncos are trying to get a contract prepared so we can re-sign him as soon as he hits the market. There's a stipulation in his contract that he can't re-sign with us until his current contract expires.

WABronco
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM

How can he be cut when he's an FA? :huh:

brom66an6
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't see how we can cut him since he is a FA because we only signed him to a one year deal. The Broncos can't re-sign him until FA starts because of the one year contract we signed him to.

topscribe
03-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Is the location of the Rumor Mill forum a mystery on these boards? :confused:

-----

Sam_Z
03-05-2006, 06:36 PM
If a friend told you this and you have no link why didnt you post it in the rumor section?
Mann ignorance of this place is really annoying.

dstjohn
03-05-2006, 06:39 PM
cp 2 u scribe, this is getting asnine, PEOPLE if you cant confirm a news report through a reliable website/source or news agency,
post your packets in the rumor mill please!.

PryceisRight92
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
If a friend told you this and you have no link why didnt you post it in the rumor section?
Mann ignorance of this place is really annoying.

If I cared about a thing you had to say I would have asked, as for the rumor mill, How many times do you go there? More people read this part and if the mods wanted it off then they would move it. I wanted to know quick. Why be a (explicit) about the question?

dogfish
03-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Is the location of the Rumor Mill forum a mystery on these boards? :confused:

-----

we're rumored to have one. . . ba-dum-BUMP!

horrible, i know-- couldn't resist!
:D

BroncoFanCam
03-05-2006, 07:23 PM
If I cared about a thing you had to say I would have asked, as for the rumor mill, How many times do you go there? More people read this part and if the mods wanted it off then they would move it. I wanted to know quick. Why be a (explicit) about the question?

1: your friend needs to keep his pie hole closed, you can't cut Dayne, and he can't be re-signed until after F/A officially begins. Because he was signed one year at vet minimum.

2: I think the rumor mill might as well be disbanned, no one goes there, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same people b*tching about this thread are the same one filling the John Abraham threads to capacity... same crap really. A 12 year old boy records himself on some stupid video, and that is considered "credible evidence". Holds almost as much weight with me as "my good friend told "so and so" that "such and such" has been released!"

Snk16
03-05-2006, 09:00 PM
If DenverBroncos.com doesn't say it, it's probably not true.

armedequation
03-05-2006, 10:07 PM
theres a reason why we have a rumor mill section. I dont prefer to go there cause I hate rumors. And we all know how the media feeds these rumors.

kmartin575
03-05-2006, 10:11 PM
I have a friend that told me the Broncos were trading Champ Bailey to the Chiefs for a 5th round pick. God, I hate these voices in my head.

broncos4ever
03-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes but look at how much discussion this has created. Interesting isn't?
Like a pack of dogs on a rabbit... Most everyone is repeating each other over and over again...

I would agree though that the original poster or whomever needs to look at the information that is written before posting and make sure that it is credible before posting for General discussion...

If the title was: Can Ron Dayne be cut? Then it would be no problem, because it would be only a question and this would belong in General Discussion...

The other thing it is not the job of the MODS to have to move a thread. I am sure that they have nothing else to do, but this... We have to as posters figure out what we are posting and if there is any question then ask maybe??? MODS do a good job removing stuff but that does not mean we should create more work for them. :confused:

JWinn
03-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Then if you all want, I can move this into that forum..............

Ron Dayne HATES Denver! :eek:

At least his wife does.....

My best friend is a wrestling coach, and coached none other that Ron's kid this fall. He coaches out of Gateway High School in Aurora.

According to him, the day after the Steeler game, they left Denver and went back to wherever it is they call home. Not that that is so unusual for Pros to return to HOME, but accroding to him, they really didnt like Denver, and couldnt leave fast enough.

Could this make him consider not returning to Denver, even if they offer him the starting job? Frankly, I dont see Ron Dayne becoming our MAN here. So I doubt such an offer is even forthcoming.

Could Dayne be gone anyway?

broncos4ever
03-05-2006, 10:53 PM

My best friend is a wrestling coach, and coached none other that Ron's kid this fall. He coaches out of Gateway High School in Aurora.

According to him, the day after the Steeler game, they left Denver and went back to wherever it is they call home. Not that that is so unusual for Pros to return to HOME, but accroding to him, they really didnt like Denver, and couldnt leave fast enough.

Could this make him consider not returning to Denver, even if they offer him the starting job? Frankly, I dont see Ron Dayne becoming our MAN here. So I doubt such an offer is even forthcoming.

So JWINN does this mean you are moving this thread??? I think there have been several people that have said it should be moved. While you are at it, can you move the KC Superbowl thread also.

Thank You,

B4E

dogfish
03-05-2006, 10:53 PM
THIS JUST IN:

Chiefs trade Larry Johnson to Denver for 7th Round Pick and Shanahan's ultra-secret running back draft guide!!

John Elway set to come out of retirement!!

Daniel Snyder trades Redskins 1st Round Picks for next five years for Broncos '06 3rd Rounder!!

:laugh: :laugh:

ok, JWinn, this is now officially a rumor thread, i think it's safe to move it. . .

broncos4ever
03-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I also heard that Ron Dayne had one blue eye and one brown eye... I wonder whether that will affect his running ability? Will that make him so he can't decifer who the other team is when he is running down the field? What can the Bronco Organization do about this????

JWinn
03-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I also heard that Ron Dayne had one blue eye and one brown eye... I wonder whether that will affect his running ability? Will that make him so he can't decifer who the other team is when he is running down the field? What can the Bronco Organization do about this????

I dunno, Husky's run pretty good! Woof............ :laugh:

Moving.......

broncos4ever
03-05-2006, 11:11 PM
I dunno, Husky's run pretty good! Woof............ :laugh:

Moving.......

Thanks JWINN.

JWinn
03-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks JWINN.

No sweat!

I dont know why everyone thinks the Rumor Mill is such a desert. It has almost as many posts and threads as the college ball forum............

dogfish
03-05-2006, 11:50 PM
No sweat!

I dont know why everyone thinks the Rumor Mill is such a desert. It has almost as many posts and threads as the college ball forum............

the "look at me" instant gratification types just can't stand not to be on the front page in the center of attention-- which here is GD!

JWinn
03-06-2006, 12:35 AM
the "look at me" instant gratification types just can't stand not to be on the front page in the center of attention-- which here is GD!

Ya noticed that huh? :laugh:

Rumor has it, those people all post naked! :eek:

dogfish
03-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Ya noticed that huh? :laugh:

Rumor has it, those people all post naked! :eek:

LOL, another reason why the internet is a good thing!
:laugh:

DAYNETRAYNE
03-06-2006, 08:32 AM

thats 100% a rumor. Definetly move this thread after that post.........

JWinn
03-06-2006, 07:34 PM
thats 100% a rumor. Definetly move this thread after that post.........

Didnt you claim to be related to Dayne?

What the real story?

According to my friend, not only did she not like Denver, she HATES football! She didnt attend games, and refused to even take part in the Bronco Wives Food Drive.

I just wonder how family can influence a players decision on where to play.

Take Trevor Pryce for instance.

Trevor has spent years building a home here, complete with a studio to further his musical career. Is it possible he might choose to retire rather than live somewhere else for six months at a time? It's not like NEEDS any more cash.

Anyway, IF your the relative, what do you know about the Dayne's happiness here?