PDA

View Full Version : Rod Smith out of his job?!?!?!?!

SoCaliBronco
03-13-2006, 09:21 PM
PLEASE correct me if im wrong...but from the very beginning of this thought of bringing TO to Denver, I heard either from Shanahan for from a post that if were were to bring in T.O, he would be fighting Rod Smith for the #1 spot/receiver.

homestar
03-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Rod would not lose his starting job to TO if he were to come for the first season. If by some miracle TO is here, and here for more than one season without taking the organization down then he might have a chance at dethroning Rod, not very likely at all.

Mr Bronco
03-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Man you are CRAZY T.O. would take it in the blink of an eye.(love you Rod)

homestar
03-14-2006, 12:54 AM
9 posts between you... yeah go TO... :duh:

theshiverman
03-14-2006, 08:35 PM
PLEASE correct me if im wrong...but from the very beginning of this thought of bringing TO to Denver, I heard either from Shanahan for from a post that if were were to bring in T.O, he would be fighting Rod Smith for the #1 spot/receiver.
As good as T.O is he wouldnt be able to just roll into Denver and take Rods job in his first year, T.O would have to learn the Broncos system and develop a feel for the offense which includes run blocking , Rod Smith has mastered shanny's offense and would still be the Number 1 guy this year, but as we all know the differance between the number 1 wr and the number 2 wr is almost null and void anyway, even though rod would be the number 1 wr the defense would line their best corner up on T.O in a passing situation any way. T.o is faster and is a bigger deep threat then Rod , But Rod is an excellent route runner an a much better run blocking wr then T.O and our offense is all about the run. :coffee: