PDA

View Full Version : Look!! School Steals Bronco Logo!!!!!!!!!!!

Divine
08-27-2003, 07:52 PM
http://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/vmhs/

THIS SCHOOL TOOK THE LOGO OF THE DENVER BRONCOS!!!!
THEY ARE SO STUPID!

broncos_mgr
08-27-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll forward this link to the NFL. They typically let high schools use NFL team logos as long as they sign a release.

TXBRONC
09-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Divine
http://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/vmhs/

THIS SCHOOL TOOK THE LOGO OF THE DENVER BRONCOS!!!!
THEY ARE SO STUPID!

Hold up divine. It is not that agree with the law but if the logo is changed just a little bit it is not considered theft. What I mean is all they have to do is change the color scheme and it is not considered theft. From what you showed the schools colors are gold and blue and as long as they made those changes they are well within the law.

broncos_mgr
09-02-2003, 11:06 AM
Not exactly, TX. If a design is clearly based on another trademarked design, it can be considered trademark infringement. Again, it doesn't matter much with schools because the league prefers to work with schools rather than haul them into court. :)

TXBRONC
09-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by broncos_mgr
Not exactly, TX. If a design is clearly based on another trademarked design, it can be considered trademark infringement. Again, it doesn't matter much with schools because the league prefers to work with schools rather than haul them into court. :)

I think you are mistaken mgr, if they change I think it is about 30 or 40 percent then it is not infirngenment. All they had to do was change all the colors I have seen this before. Basically the horehead itself can stay but in you change the backdrop and the color schemes of the horsehead then no las have been broken.

Divine
09-20-2003, 07:32 AM
I am I kinda sad.... :(
I rattled out my own school!
Ha Ha Ha!
And I don't even like the broncos!!!!!!!
TITANS ALL THE WAY!!!!

RealBronco
09-26-2003, 10:20 AM
A lot of high schools do that. There are at least two high schools here in Idaho that have the same logo the Broncos have...I'm unsure as to whether they had it first or not. I also noticed the other day that there is a school that has the same logo as the Texans...

chiefrocka
09-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by RealBronco
A lot of high schools do that. There are at least two high schools here in Idaho that have the same logo the Broncos have...I'm unsure as to whether they had it first or not. I also noticed the other day that there is a school that has the same logo as the Texans...

Yea lot of schools do that.

SkyFlash1
01-27-2004, 09:02 AM
I've noticed several High Schools here in Ohio (and probably other states as well) using the new Bronco horse head logo for their teams. Case in point the Madeira Mavericks:

http://madeira.hccanet.org/mhr98/TB/Basketball/Boys/basketballmain.html

I'm guessing they're doing this without permission from the Broncos or the NFL. Is there somewhere to report this kind of thing? These are rival schools to my daughter's HS and as a Bronco fan it really burns me up to see the logo abused. :fight: It would give me great pleasure to be the cause of them being stripped of their stolen logo.

Thanks,
TJ

Jared
01-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SkyFlash1
These are rival schools to my daughter's HS and as a Bronco fan it really burns me up to see the logo abused. :fight: It would give me great pleasure to be the cause of them being stripped of their stolen logo.

Thanks,
TJ

As far as I know, it is ok. The admin may know more. Feel free to email him.

Your last statement concerns me. Its just a high school man, they're just kids. Cut em a break.

dandaman23
01-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Ya, there is a High School football team here in Alaska with the Broncos logo. There names are the Chugiak Mustangs, grrr I hate them, there colors are black and light blue.

BlueDamsel
01-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Black & blue? Call 'em the bruises & get on with it! ;)

BlueDamsel
01-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Although it is a valid point. I believe that even fans get in trouble for "abusing the horsehead". Didn't the barrelman get sued a few years back for having the Broncos logo on his barrel? And that was to show support FOR the team...

SkyFlash1
01-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Jared
As far as I know, it is ok. The admin may know more. Feel free to email him.

Your last statement concerns me. Its just a high school man, they're just kids. Cut em a break.

If it were just kids it wouldn't bother me as much. You know there's teachers, coaches, administrators, and city officials who have to approve that stuff. What's really bad is that the teachers who would hang a kid for plagierising a book report are the ones who look the other way when it saves the school a few bucks. They could probably have some talented art student do up something original that'd look pretty good but stealing the Bronco's logo is so much easier.

dandaman23
02-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BeerGirl
Black & blue? Call 'em the bruises & get on with it! ;)

Haha, there was a basketball game the other day at Dimond (my school) and there was a banner that said Turn em' Black and BLue or somthing like that.