PDA

View Full Version : Eastern time on Home Page???

bumblebee
01-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Why would a Denver team have an Eastern Time Zone start time on it's home page. Is this the webmaster that made this decision or did it come from "higher up"? It seams silly. The time on a home town team web page should be in the home town time zone, or did the webmaster feel people in the Eastern time zone would be so confused by MST after a start time that they would freak out??
bumblebee

Jared
01-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by bumblebee
Why would a Denver team have an Eastern Time Zone start time on it's home page. Is this the webmaster that made this decision or did it come from "higher up"? It seams silly. The time on a home town team web page should be in the home town time zone, or did the webmaster feel people in the Eastern time zone would be so confused by MST after a start time that they would freak out??
bumblebee

You can set the times you see when you log in your user options. Just pick what time zone you are in, and the time stamps will adjust accordingly. The default time zone is actually the time line in Greenwich England. That's default in the program.

ask me if you have any questions.

AndrewMason
01-02-2004, 01:45 PM
We just always list the time local to the game site, so home games are always listed at Mountain Time. It's listed that way because the audience on this site is fairly well-dispersed across time zones both in the U.S. and abroad.

I think the time adjustment Jared refers to is on the message boards only.

Jared
01-03-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by AndrewMason

I think the time adjustment Jared refers to is on the message boards only.

Yes. I assumed that is what the poster as referring to.