PDA

View Full Version : The Javon Walker Thread (merged)

DenBronx
04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker has received permission from the team to explore trade opportunities and a deal is expected before this weekend's NFL draft, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Walker

Walker is visiting the New Orleans Saints on Thursday and is scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos on Friday.

The Packers are also engaging in trade talks with the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the Saints and Broncos. Walker does not have any visits scheduled beyond the Saints and Broncos.

Walker, who underwent surgery in October on his right knee's injured anterior cruciate ligament, expects to be ready to go by training camp -- just not with the Packers, he hopes.

Unlike last year when he drew the ire of Brett Favre among others, he promises not to be a disruption, because he doesn't plan to show up at all for training camp.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," he told ESPN.com last month. "I don't have to play."

General manager Ted Thompson has said he expects Walker to honor his contract.

"I've spoken with Javon over the course of the spring," Thompson said. "I think I'll let the original statement that we put out stand there. I know that things get said from time to time and I think the less said on something like that, the better."

Thompson did say that he and the team would welcome Walker back.

"I would," Thompson said. "I'm sure the team would. He's very well liked here. I assume you guys would agree with me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2423722

DenBronx
04-27-2006, 11:19 AM
i have one question....why are we always the last team they visit?

broncofan303
04-27-2006, 11:22 AM

Save the best for last... :beer:

Perry1977
04-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Because I think a lot of them see Denver as "in the middle of nowhere" (which, the case could be made that it is in fact in the middle of nowhere...is there any other stadium in the league that is 900+ miles from it's nearest counterpart?). Most of those guys couldn't find Colorado on a map and only know that it's "one of those big, square states somewhere in the middle of the country."

LordTrychon
04-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Because I think a lot of them see Denver as "in the middle of nowhere" (which, the case could be made that it is in fact in the middle of nowhere...is there any other stadium in the league that is 900+ miles from it's nearest counterpart?). Most of those guys couldn't find Colorado on a map and only know that it's "one of those big, square states somewhere in the middle of the country."
Which is funny, because I have a much harder time telling apart all those tiny little states that are all scrunched together with nonsensical lines making up their borders. :coffee:

champbronc2
04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
I'd like to get Walker but once again not loose Lelie.

Walker is good and I doubt has reached his prime. Well see what happens and hope for the best. :beer:

broncos_mtnman
04-27-2006, 01:35 PM
With any luck, he'll be more excited about catching passes from Drew Brees than he will from St. Jake.

NO can have him.

atomicbloke
04-27-2006, 01:45 PM

What a load of bull that is. How can people be so ignorant.

I have never had a chance to live in Colorado but I think it is the most beautiful place on earth. I went to college at New Mexico and would love to visit Colorado every other weekend. I have lived in Asia too and have never seen such majestic mountains and such beautiful forests.

I have been trying to find a job in Denver for so long but have never been successful. I can't believe someone would get a multi-million dollar job in Denver, have a chance to win a Superbowl and be famous, and they would turn it down.....

LABRONCO
04-27-2006, 03:40 PM
great news that walker is visiting denver om friday. hopefully that will b his last stop. i don't see why he would pick new orleans over denver anyways.. jake vs bress no competition..

Jared
04-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Which is funny, because I have a much harder time telling apart all those tiny little states that are all scrunched together with nonsensical lines making up their borders. :coffee:

LT, tsk tsk tsk.

Those borders are almost all geographically based.

Or are you saying your vision is going?

:goofy:

broncos1177
04-27-2006, 03:54 PM
I live in Milwaukee, and they just announced on the local sports talk station that Green Bay would definitely want Stallworth or Lelie in any deal for Walker because now Donald Driver is demanding to be traded or released. Seems he's only due to make 1.5 mil/year for the next two years and would like his contract redone. Thompson is refusing to renegotiate it, so now both starting receivers for Green Bay are demanding to be traded. What was Favre thinking when he announed he was coming back? I sure hope we get Walker.

TXBRONC
04-27-2006, 04:00 PM

I don't know Perry. There are several things that would be appealing to coming to Denver. At the top of that list is winning. Now I'm not saying that having a winning organizations trumps everything but it is in our favor.

Nick
04-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson said an ESPN report that the Packers have given WR Javon Walker permission to seek a trade is inaccurate. The Packers have given teams permission to visit with Walker, but Thompson said it was just a part of the process of fielding offers from other teams. Asked if the odds were that Walker would be traded, Thompson said, "No. I would not think the odds are in favor of that happening. We're just following up on things. I don't necessarily feel this will end in anything. We're going through the process." Thompson did not say that he wouldn't trade Walker, only that it was unlikely it would happen.

PsychoChicken
04-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Because I think a lot of them see Denver as "in the middle of nowhere" (which, the case could be made that it is in fact in the middle of nowhere...is there any other stadium in the league that is 900+ miles from it's nearest counterpart?). Most of those guys couldn't find Colorado on a map and only know that it's "one of those big, square states somewhere in the middle of the country."Unfortunately, this is probably accurate. They don't realize that Denver is a huge, liberal metropolis with one of the nation's top 5 night club scenes and beautiful, clean suburbs with enormous new homes for sale at relatively good prices. The fans are loud, passionate, and embrace their athletes. But because of its location, Colorado is still stereotyped by others as a hick/mountain man state with good skiing and Coors beer.

LABRONCO
04-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I live in Milwaukee, and they just announced on the local sports talk station that Green Bay would definitely want Stallworth or Lelie in any deal for Walker because now Donald Driver is demanding to be traded or released. Seems he's only due to make 1.5 mil/year for the next two years and would like his contract redone. Thompson is refusing to renegotiate it, so now both starting receivers for Green Bay are demanding to be traded. What was Favre thinking when he announed he was coming back? I sure hope we get Walker.

thanx 4 the info bro great news. :beer:

Bigplayshay84
04-27-2006, 05:34 PM

i noticed the same thing...

and it always seems that the player signs before he even gets to us....

Broncos86
04-27-2006, 06:40 PM
he'll prolly go to NO since they'd be more willing to give him the money he wants

theshiverman
04-27-2006, 06:44 PM
i noticed the same thing...

and it always seems that the player signs before he even gets to us....
this time the player cant sign anything, its up to the Packers to make and aprove the trade, then the player and his new team sign contracts. :coffee:

pipes
04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
he'll prolly go to NO since they'd be more willing to give him the money he wants

Yeah, cause nobody spends money like the Saints! :confused:

Quick, within ten seconds name two free agents they have signed in the last two years.

Could ya do it?

TXBRONC
04-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah, cause nobody spends money like the Saints! :confused:

Quick, within ten seconds name two free agents they have signed in the last two years.

Could ya do it?

Saints, Cardinals, and Chargers they are the spend thrifts of the NFL. ;)

ReleaseTheBeast7
04-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Walker will visit with the Eagles tomorrow also, or they are trying to schedule a visit at least.

CaseP
04-27-2006, 08:03 PM

Now lets be getting our facts straight. It is only 610 miles from Denver to Kansas City. Dallas is also closer than 900 miles at 780. The closest stadium to Seattle on the other hand is San Francisco at 810 miles.

Check your facts before you post this stuff.

broncos4ever
04-27-2006, 10:00 PM
The most interesting article I read on the internet was this one:

http://packers.scout.com/2/524997.html

Let me pull out a few tidbits of the article and then voice some assumptions:

Scout.com has learned that the Denver Broncos and Green Bay Packers are working on a three-way trade that involves Walker. The identity of the third team is uncertain.

Another report has indicated that Walker, who has insisted that he will not play for the Packers in 2006, is visiting the New Orleans Saints today and is scheduled to meet with the Broncos on Friday, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette. Packers general manager Ted Thompson said on Monday that he has received inquiries from other teams regarding Walker but declined to elaborate.

Who is this third team in the three way trade? Could it be the New Orleans Saints? Read on...

An NFL source told the Press-Gazette that the Packers are seeking a first-round draft pick for Walker, but they may settle for an early second round pick. The Saints have the 34th overall pick to offer in the second round. They also are willing to trade receiver Donte’ Stallworth, the 13th overall pick in the 2001 NFL draft.

Denver owns the fifth pick of the second round, No. 37 overall. There is a chance Denver will try to involve wide receiver Ashley Lelie in a deal. Lelie wants to be traded, and his agents and the team are shopping him.

The key to a trade would be Walker passing a physical

So what about Donte going to Green Bay, Denver getting Walker and Ashley Lelie going to the Saints??? Of course there would be some draft picks involved but that would make perfect sense for all teams involved. It would also be possible with all the rumors of this mystery team that would be involved in this trade. :coffee:

pipes
04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
The most interesting article I read on the internet was this one:

http://packers.scout.com/2/524997.html

Let me pull out a few tidbits of the article and then voice some assumptions:

Scout.com has learned that the Denver Broncos and Green Bay Packers are working on a three-way trade that involves Walker. The identity of the third team is uncertain.

Another report has indicated that Walker, who has insisted that he will not play for the Packers in 2006, is visiting the New Orleans Saints today and is scheduled to meet with the Broncos on Friday, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette. Packers general manager Ted Thompson said on Monday that he has received inquiries from other teams regarding Walker but declined to elaborate.

Who is this third team in the three way trade? Could it be the New Orleans Saints? Read on...

An NFL source told the Press-Gazette that the Packers are seeking a first-round draft pick for Walker, but they may settle for an early second round pick. The Saints have the 34th overall pick to offer in the second round. They also are willing to trade receiver Donte’ Stallworth, the 13th overall pick in the 2001 NFL draft.

Denver owns the fifth pick of the second round, No. 37 overall. There is a chance Denver will try to involve wide receiver Ashley Lelie in a deal. Lelie wants to be traded, and his agents and the team are shopping him.

The key to a trade would be Walker passing a physical

So what about Donte going to Green Bay, Denver getting Walker and Ashley Lelie going to the Saints??? Of course there would be some draft picks involved but that would make perfect sense for all teams involved. It would also be possible with all the rumors of this mystery team that would be involved in this trade. :coffee:

I believe that Professor Plum killed Col.Mustard in the Ballroom with the revolver!

:huh:

broncos4ever
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Well Mr. Clue person only time will tell.... Saturday is coming.... :D

DenBronx
04-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Walker will visit with the Eagles tomorrow also, or they are trying to schedule a visit at least.

so if he is visiting the eagles...then what...he is going to visit denver on friggin draft day??? how can denver have just seconds to make a trade like this? its like ok im going to visit all the teams i like first and when i finally decide to get around to visiting you im going to give you an hour on draft day and let you decide if you want to pay me up the gazoo then. and oh yeah....i dont care if your trying to draft rookie recievers because i know your going to spill blood to get me....even though i am recovering from an acl injury!!!!!!!

and by the way imo....denver....dont go any higher than pick #37 for walker....and shop lelie with as many teams as possible....as you can see gb has made walker seem to be worth more than gold....im sure we can do the same for lelie and get some kind of value.

broncos_mtnman
04-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Well, if he goes to Philly before he comes here, he won't be a Bronco....

*Walker thinks to himself*

"Let's see, I can catch passes from Drew Brees, or Donavan McNabb, or Jake Plummer."

"Gee, what should I do...... DUH!!"

Blazindro
04-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Well, if he goes to Philly before he comes here, he won't be a Bronco....

*Walker thinks to himself*

"Let's see, I can catch passes from Drew Brees, or Donavan McNabb, or Jake Plummer."

"Gee, what should I do...... DUH!!"

That maybe true that Jake is the weaker QB out of those three, but who had the better record and season? Thought so. I don't care if you knock on Jake it's a mans opinion, but I think he would rather catch balls from Jake since we know the meaning of the word win.

broncos_mtnman
04-27-2006, 10:36 PM
That maybe true that Jake is the weaker QB out of those three, but who had the better record and season? Thought so. I don't care if you knock on Jake it's a mans opinion, but I think he would rather catch balls from Jake since we know the meaning of the word win.

Yeah, McNabb being injured and only playing half a season didn't have anything to do with that, did it?

Blazindro
04-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, McNabb being injured and only playing half a season didn't have anything to do with that, did it?

Well the way the team was heading it wasn't looking too good anyway. Maybe the team had a few problems and sure McNabb being injured didn't help, but they had problems all over the place. Plus Terrel Owens running his mouth didn't help the Eagles much either.

broncos_mtnman
04-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Well the way the team was heading it wasn't looking too good anyway. Maybe the team had a few problems and sure McNabb being injured didn't help, but they had problems all over the place. Plus Terrel Owens running his mouth didn't help the Eagles much either.

Well, the way the team was heading could have just as easily changed. And your comment about TO is irrelevant, since he's in Dallas now.

By the way, how many SBs has St. Jake been to? How many has McNabb been to?

Thought so.

Blazindro
04-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Well, the way the team was heading could have just as easily changed. And your comment about TO is irrelevant, since he's in Dallas now.

By the way, how many SBs has St. Jake been to? How many has McNabb been to?

Thought so.

Sure McNabb has been to the Superbowl, but he has won as many as Plummer has, 0. McNabb with TO couldn't get it done and if I remember correctly it was against a team in the New England Patriots a team Plummer has beaten what 3 out of the last 4 times or something?

Besides why wouldn't you want Javon on this team then maybe he could make Plummer look good and Plummer would have more weapons..

broncos_mtnman
04-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Sure McNabb has been to the Superbowl, but he has won as many as Plummer has, 0. McNabb with TO couldn't get it done and if I remember correctly it was against a team in the New England Patriots a team Plummer has beaten what 3 out of the last 4 times or something?

Besides why wouldn't you want Javon on this team then maybe he could make Plummer look good and Plummer would have more weapons..

How many has he won wasn't the question, was it?

There is no proof that Walker will be a success. He hasn't played in over a year, has only had ONE good season, and appears to think he deserves to be paid a ton of money based on these facts.

Nope, I don't want him.

imh
04-27-2006, 11:05 PM
I can't believe this might happen. I thought Lelie would be a Bronco for years. His stats are better than Walker's and Stallworth's. He has less catches than Donte but more than Javon and has more yards and a better average than both. Only thing the other two seem to be better at is catching TD's but Lelie isn't used in the redzone too much. Both Javon and Donte have been injured and Lelie has 64 games played and 40 starts. More than twice the number of Walker's starts. I would rather have Franks than Walker since Davis seems just a dream. I just hope Denver can work something out with Lelie.

G=GAMES GS=GAMES STARTED C=CATCHES Y=YARDS A=AVG. TD=TOUCHDOWN

.........Lelie: G-64 GS-40 C-168 Y-3007 A-17.9 TD-12

Stallworth: G-56 GS-33 C-195 Y-2791 A-14.3 TD-23

.....Walker: G-48 GS-18 C-157 Y-2444 A-15.6 TD-22

DenBronx
04-28-2006, 01:24 AM
I can't believe this might happen. I thought Lelie would be a Bronco for years. His stats are better than Walker's and Stallworth's. He has less catches than Donte but more than Javon and has more yards and a better average than both. Only thing the other two seem to be better at is catching TD's but Lelie isn't used in the redzone too much. Both Javon and Donte have been injured and Lelie has 64 games played and 40 starts. More than twice the number of Walker's starts. I would rather have Franks than Walker since Davis seems just a dream. I just hope Denver can work something out with Lelie.

hell no...lelie needs to go...i mean look at the stats you posted. walker has started in less than half the games at lelie yet has almost double the touchdowns....man am i missing something here??? walker is a star....lelie is a 3rd set wr!!!

TD Machine
04-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I hope we sign this guy. He can definitely be a great player for the Broncos. If we get him say goodbye to drafting a RB or WR with the first pick. One can only hope we are trading up.

DenBronx
04-28-2006, 01:54 AM
Ok, this could happen...

Denver Trades Picks: 15,37,61,113 =1825 points
Denver Trades Players: Ashley Lelie

Green Bay Trades Pick: 5,104 = 1786 points
Green Bay Trades Player: Jevon Walker

...At pick #5 the Broncos are on the Clock....and Draft Vernon Davis!!!!

atomicbloke
04-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Lots of things could happen. Let's not get too excited on rumors. Because if it doesn't happen, we'll have a sense of disappointment.

DenverBuckeye
04-28-2006, 02:43 AM
Good idea and it could happen, but right now rumors are just rumors.

And like atomicbloke said let's not get too excited because then we might be disapointed.

I hop we get VD though! :D

Archimedes Owl
04-28-2006, 03:12 AM
I was never in favour of giving up two firsts for Vernon Davis. I thought that in this draft, we found more value by trading back, so I'm not in favour of trading away our first, and both seconds for the number five. Really, that's what would be going on in this trade except that Green Bay would be gaining a fourth rounder in value to facilitate the trade between Lelie and Walker.

Also, with this trade, we'd be getting a FOURTH fourth rounder?? That's a lot of fourth rounders.

Now, that's not to say that I wouldn't be willing to give up a fourth rounder to facilitate a trade between Walker and Lelie. I just prefer to keep the second rounders.

As for draft day trades that I'd like to see, I'd love to see us move back in the first round. (And in the process pick up another second rounder)

(That is unless somebody that we could use falls to us at 15. Or if somebody like Vernon Davis falls to around 10 where we could trade up.)

Superchop7
04-28-2006, 04:12 AM
Any scenario that gets Davis on the team is a good scenario.

Lets keep in mind........Green Bay is one of the dumbest teams on the planet,............ I think the Bronco's are sick of these guys and heading in a different direction.

My latest thinking (since we can't get Davis) is this, I'm rooting for 5 first day picks, this draft is deep, the more picks.....the better.

Why not,..... just for the hell of it.....get another pick.

They zig, we zag. Shanny looks like a genius, and we all laugh our collective tails off in the process.

KIDBRONC11
04-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Just found this.....didn't see any other post on this. Check it out

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12520272/

hilife
04-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Ok, this could happen...

Denver Trades Picks: 15,37,61,113 =1825 points
Denver Trades Players: Ashley Lelie

Green Bay Trades Pick: 5,104 = 1786 points
Green Bay Trades Player: Jevon Walker

...At pick #5 the Broncos are on the Clock....and Draft Vernon Davis!!!!

I HATE that trade. We are giving up to much for something that we can live without. We don't need VD to get to the superbowl.

NJBRONCOSFAN
04-28-2006, 07:37 AM
I hop we get VD though! :D
Please watch what you say! ;)

Italianmobstr7
04-28-2006, 07:47 AM
NO way we do this deal. We'd be giving up too many draft picks. I don't care if it's for Vernon Davis or not. No way we give up that many draft picks. Shanny loves his young new hope to be stars. He likes to prove everyone wrong, just like last year when he took 3 corners. He'll prolly surprise us this year, take a LB or something. lol If the trade was believable though, I'd take it. Vernon Davis and Javon Walker??? Heck yeah.

Italianmobstr7
04-28-2006, 07:57 AM
good find. I'll take it, as long as we don't trade pick # 37. that would suck. I think we're gonna find a gem at 37 tomorrow. I can't wait.

PatrickdaDookie
04-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Maybe we trade Lelie to a team for a 2nd which goes to the Packers for Walker?

=)

PatrickdaDookie
04-28-2006, 08:13 AM
I'd be scared to death of an offense that could already run the ball and then gained VD and Walker.

AsianOrange
04-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Anything related to Javon...whether it's rumors, scenerios, or just picking on him as a player.... all here :D

DenBronx
04-28-2006, 10:12 AM
I HATE that trade. We are giving up to much for something that we can live without. We don't need VD to get to the superbowl.

we needed sharpe to get there....and vd is very much like sharpe and could even be better...time will tell.

DenBronx
04-28-2006, 10:13 AM
I'd be scared to death of an offense that could already run the ball and then gained VD and Walker.

yeah that would be freakin insane....

BulldogRed
04-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Anything related to Javon...whether it's rumors, scenerios, or just picking on him as a player.... all here :D

Hey is the homeless guy in your sig talking on a cell phone!? :laugh:

broncos_mtnman
04-28-2006, 11:14 AM
With any luck, he'll be more excited about catching passes from Drew Brees than he will from St. Jake.

NO can have him.

Hey, I just got CP points for this "idiotic" post.

Thank you!!

Lomax
04-28-2006, 12:14 PM
one of the nation's top 5 night club scenes1. Las Vegas 2. Miami 3. New York 4. Los Angeles 5...Denver? :confused:

MilitantDBFan
04-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Broncos | Need to come up with a better offer for J. Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:12:32 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Denver Broncos are interested in Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker, but they need to improve their offer to have a chance to acquire him. The Packers probably don't want WR Ashley Lelie of the Broncos in a trade so Denver will have to do some scrambling to pull off a deal for Walker.

Packers | Not looking good for Walker trade
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:09:46 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports it does not appear the Green Bay Packers will be trading WR Javon Walker before the NFL Draft. The Packers won't settle for just a second-round pick. The New Orleans Saints showed some interest in Walker but don't except a trade there. The Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots are in the background but the price might be tough to meet.

Medford Bronco
04-28-2006, 01:24 PM

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Denver Broncos are interested in Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker, but they need to improve their offer to have a chance to acquire him. The Packers probably don't want WR Ashley Lelie of the Broncos in a trade so Denver will have to do some scrambling to pull off a deal for Walker.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports it does not appear the Green Bay Packers will be trading WR Javon Walker before the NFL Draft. The Packers won't settle for just a second-round pick. The New Orleans Saints showed some interest in Walker but don't except a trade there. The Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots are in the background but the price might be tough to meet.

If I were the Broncos or any other team then I would stop calling :coffee:

Walker is coming off of a serious injury and I would rather Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes or even Sinorice Moss in the draft. At least they are all heathy and could help this team INHO :beer:

jhns
04-28-2006, 01:25 PM

Yeah that will go down by tomorrow, otherwise they will have to trade him after the draft when they figure out he is serious about not playing. That will only screw them because then it will have to be for future picks or players which I don't see many teams giving up current guys that are worth first round picks for him. They are kind of shooting themselves in the foot.

ballen
04-28-2006, 01:25 PM
As bad as I want Javon Walker, that would be like saying he is the greatest receiver ever. When has any receiver ever been traded for a #1 pick. Not even T.O. before all the drama in Philly was traded at that price. The Ravens gave the 49ers a #2 for T.O. and then Philly gave the Ravens their #2. The Packers are nuts.

BroncoDefense
04-28-2006, 01:41 PM
That's it. He knows we're interested and wants to come to Denver. Let's just wait until next year when he's a FA, and we really need to replace Lelie because he'll be gone. If we draft a first day WR this year, I think everything still works out okay for the next two years.

topscribe
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Well, it looks as if Javon is going to retire. :coffee:

-----

silkamilkamonic
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
That's it. He knows we're interested and wants to come to Denver. Let's just wait until next year when he's a FA, and we really need to replace Lelie because he'll be gone. If we draft a first day WR this year, I think everything still works out okay for the next two years.

Good point.

He'll be a malcontent in Green Bay, so let them deal with that.

With that being said, I think this is a good move for Green Bay.

Favre said he will be back for one more year, so I can see the Packers pushing for a one and done next year with him.

They will risk losing him for nothing next year if it means one more shot at a SuperBowl with Favre at QB, a probable descent offense with a good over achieving defense.

jhns
04-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Good point.

He'll be a malcontent in Green Bay, so let them deal with that.

With that being said, I think this is a good move for Green Bay.

Favre said he will be back for one more year, so I can see the Packers pushing for a one and done next year with him.

They will risk losing him for nothing next year if it means one more shot at a SuperBowl with Favre at QB, a probable descent offense with a good over achieving defense.
Ha, I still doubt they even make the playoffs even if Walker stays.

jhns
04-28-2006, 01:50 PM
As bad as I want Javon Walker, that would be like saying he is the greatest receiver ever. When has any receiver ever been traded for a #1 pick. Not even T.O. before all the drama in Philly was traded at that price. The Ravens gave the 49ers a #2 for T.O. and then Philly gave the Ravens their #2. The Packers are nuts.
T.O. was still controversial and that is why the 49ers got rid of him. So this really doesn't say anything of the worth of a receiver. But, I still don't think it is going to take a first to get Walker. They will most likely go down in their demands as of tomorrow morning. They are probably just seeing if anyone will bite on this "being stuborn" thing for a first.

Medford Bronco
04-28-2006, 01:51 PM

yeah Walker does not play defense does he :confused:

GB needs more than an extra 1st rounder to improve next year.

They also need Brett Favre not to be Vinny Testaverde in his early years with Tampa when he was color blind:coffee:

jroakes
04-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I really want Walker but not for our 1st round pick, but lets face it we won't get him, Denver in all my year of watching them has never got a great WR we always end up with a number 2 WR....but heres hoping for ther best...GO BRONCOS

AMG
04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Hey, I just got CP points for this "idiotic" post.

Thank you!!

What makes Drew Brees so much better then Jake? How many Superbowls has he been to? How many has he won? Why didn't he get a contract from the team that got to see his abilities first hand?

I don't think it was an "idiotic" post......I just think that people believe that you're blinded by your hatred for Plummer and you got CP points because someone shares your opinion.....not the opinion that Brees is that good, but your opinion about Jake period. You could have said he'd rather go to Baltimore with Boller then come here and you still would've received CP points from some people.

Also on a side note and nothing to do with NO or Denver, but if I was Walker, I'd rather be part of a winning team then a losing team with a good QB.

One more thing, since you hate Jake so much, who would be a better replacement for next season? (and I'm not talking about any QB in general, I'm talking about any available QB, or maybe even a QB from the draft)

If you ask me, we don't make the playoffs next season without Jake and with him we might be a Superbowl team. Either way, you'll hate on him until he is gone.

jhns
04-28-2006, 02:00 PM
I really want Walker but not for our 1st round pick, but lets face it we won't get him, Denver in all my year of watching them has never got a great WR we always end up with a number 2 WR....but heres hoping for ther best...GO BRONCOS
Even Walker would be a number 2 here. I think he is good but I would never put him over the man(Smith).

Nick
04-28-2006, 02:03 PM
I have no clue why asking so much for walker. Seriously one great year college. Showed one great year NFL. coming off acl injury. Lelie should be worth twice as much in my eyes.

(dont get me wrong that one year, he did she me that he can really seperate himself from the DB and routes)

Firstwave64
04-28-2006, 02:04 PM
yeah Walker does not play defense does he :confused:

GB needs more than an extra 1st rounder to improve next year.

They also need Brett Favre not to be Vinny Testaverde in his early years with Tampa when he was color blind:coffee:

lol ..good one

AMG
04-28-2006, 02:04 PM

Ummm.....can you explain to me again how his stats are better because I'm not really buying it?

I like Lelie and I'd be happy if we kept him, but he has never had an impact year like Walker did. Can Walker do it again?....I would so yes but who knows. Lelie has also never had a serious injury like Walker did. So there are question marks with both players. All I know is if we don't have Lelie next season and we don't find a replacement (David Terrell is not an adequate #2 replacement) we could be in some trouble.

jhns
04-28-2006, 02:07 PM
For all of that crap about the superbowls. It does not matter how many you make it to because the only stat that counts is winning the super bowl. I'm sure even if you ask Mcnabb he will say the super bowl doesn't matter if you don't come home with a ring. Anyways, the Eagles are also in a worse conferense and I bet if the Broncos where in the NFC last season they would have easily made the super bowl but still probably wouldn't have won it since they lost to the team that did.

broncos_mtnman
04-28-2006, 02:12 PM
What makes Drew Brees so much better then Jake? How many Superbowls has he been to? How many has he won? Why didn't he get a contract from the team that got to see his abilities first hand?

Was Mike Anderson washed up? Why didn't he get a contract offer from the team that sees his abilities first hand?

Players are cut for money reasons all the time. Brees wasn't interested in the incentive laden deal SD offered him. As a FA, he knew he could get more somewhere else.

It's no mystery that SD is pretty tight when it comes to paying money to talent.

I don't think it was an "idiotic" post......I just think that people believe that you're blinded by your hatred for Plummer and you got CP points because someone shares your opinion.....not the opinion that Brees is that good, but your opinion about Jake period. You could have said he'd rather go to Baltimore with Boller then come here and you still would've received CP points from some people.

I posted the "idiotic" word, because someone sent me a CP, stating that it was an idiotic post. It was directed at whoever did that. Not to you.

One more thing, I don't hate St. Jake. I don't hate anyone. I don't care for him as my QB, but that does not elevate itself to the catagory of hatred.

It's funny, how when people can't counter anything I say, they fall back on the old "hate" line.

Also on a side note and nothing to do with NO or Denver, but if I was Walker, I'd rather be part of a winning team then a losing team with a good QB.

Funny, that's the way things used to be around here. We didn't have players wanting to go somewhere else to play. In fact, in Shanny's early days, players would come here for less money, just to play here.

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Walker will go where the money is. He could care less about the winning. And if everything is equal, I hope he thinks playing with Brees is better than playing with St. Jake.

One more thing, since you hate Jake so much, who would be a better replacement for next season? (and I'm not talking about any QB in general, I'm talking about any available QB, or maybe even a QB from the draft)

To answer this question would be to hijack the thread. I'm not going to do it. If you want to know what I think in this area, there are thousands of posts on the subject. Look them up.

If you ask me, we don't make the playoffs next season without Jake and with him we might be a Superbowl team. Either way, you'll hate on him until he is gone.

Two things....

1) I didn't ask you

2) St. Jake and the playoffs are NOT the subject of this thread.

Broncosinindy
04-28-2006, 02:12 PM
The Packers are in no position to make demands.

I will give them a late 3rd and will throw in a bag of Lays.

hopefully the generic bag of lays..

broncos_mtnman
04-28-2006, 02:24 PM

Not to get off topic, but the NFC North is hardly the toughest division in football...

Chicago
Detroit
Green Bay
Minnesota

GB stands as good a chance as any to win their division.

Back on topic...

Thank you, Green Bay!!

I didn't want that so-and-so playing in Denver anyway. Thanks to your ridiculous demands, it looks like he won't.

Again, thank you!!

hilife
04-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Forget Javon Walker he ain't worth a 1st. I'm barly able to give up a mid to late second for him.

Sam_Z
Guys, in my opinion, I think the best thing for the broncos right now is to look forward to drafting Chad Jackson, the kid wants to play here and and he has talent.
Unless Denver finds a way to get the number 5 pick out of grn bay I say do not trade just for Javon, he aint that good.
We grow our own here in Denver and I say if theres no muber 5 for Denver then go with number 15, because he has more talent than most ppl can see at this point.

LABRONCO
i still want walker. we should just do what i been sayin trade lelie and our #15 pick 2 green bay 4 there 5th overall, and walker..

underrated29
04-28-2006, 02:35 PM
well ya everyone wants to do wat u have been saying but green bay isn't going to take, otherwise if they would shanny would eb a fool not too

jhns
04-28-2006, 02:37 PM
i still want walker. we should just do what i been sayin trade lelie and our #15 pick 2 green bay 4 there 5th overall, and walker..
Umm, that would never happen even if we offered it to them...............

**OrangeTerp**
04-28-2006, 02:46 PM

So your saying.....

Lelie is better than Walker??? :duh:

And for them to give us their #5 for our #15 only because we included Lelie in the trade.....???:duh:

Nick
04-28-2006, 02:48 PM
So your saying.....

And for them to give us their #5 for our #15 only because we included Lelie in the trade.....???:duh:

Don't pick on him he just doesn't understand the concept

whos better between Lelie and Walker is debatable

jhns
04-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Not to get off topic, but the NFC North is hardly the toughest division in football...

Chicago
Detroit
Green Bay
Minnesota

GB stands as good a chance as any to win their division.

Back on topic...

Thank you, Green Bay!!

I didn't want that so-and-so playing in Denver anyway. Thanks to your ridiculous demands, it looks like he won't.

Again, thank you!!
No way they beat out both Chicago and Minnesota next season.

**OrangeTerp**
04-28-2006, 02:57 PM

I don't think its debatable.
In my opinion(even coming off of an injury), Walker has more potential as a WR.
Lelie has never even been close to making the pro-bowl.

LABRONCO
04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
So your saying.....

no way is lelie better then walker, but walker and lelie both want out of there teams so somethings gotta give dont u think? :duh:

AussieBronco9
04-28-2006, 03:14 PM
On another thread it has been reported by Clayton that Denver and Green Bay are in contract negotiations as we speak. Walker has cancelled his flight to New England because of this.

At the moment the deal being discussed is:

2nd Round Pick, Fourth Round Pick and a Player for Walker (maybe another pick because that seems a little steep from Denver's point of view).

Astrass
04-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I think Green Bay is just doing it to spite Jevon. Don't think they ever wanted to trade him regardless of what he wants. But hey, if someone was dumb enough to offer a 1st rounder why not eh?

Astrass
04-28-2006, 03:22 PM
On another thread it has been reported by Clayton that Denver and Green Bay are in contract negotiations as we speak. Walker has cancelled his flight to New England because of this.

2nd Round Pick, Fourth Round Pick and a Player for Walker (maybe another pick because that seems a little steep from Denver's point of view).

Bye bye watts? =P

Dry Kill Logic
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Oh heck. Lets just switch WR's with The Saints. Stallworth for Ashley. Maybe each will flourish in a new system.

WABronco
04-28-2006, 03:33 PM
"Screw off Packers!"

Sam_Z
04-28-2006, 03:42 PM
well ya everyone wants to do wat u have been saying but green bay isn't going to take, otherwise if they would shanny would eb a fool not too
Well said! Its amazing how some ppl just dont pay attention.

watchthemiddle
04-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Bye bye watts? =P

.....or bye bye lelie..... :D

LiquidBlue
04-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Why not this:

Denver sends: Lelie, #15 & #37

Green Bay sends: Walker & #5

Snk16
04-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, it looks as if Javon is going to retire. :coffee:

-----

Yup, the Packers are desperately trying to salvage something out of this debacle. Front office mismanaged it on their part.

MilitantDBFan
04-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Patriots | Team visiting with J. Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:30:02 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the New England Patriots are visiting with Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker.

Uh Oh.

LiquidBlue
04-28-2006, 03:48 PM

Are you sure you aren't making these up? Theres one helluva typo right there.

AussieBronco9
04-28-2006, 03:48 PM
.....or bye bye lelie..... :D

I don't mind if Lelie is traded. However, Lelie plus those picks is a very high price to pay.

I still think Denver should push to give Lelie, 15, 37 and a Fourth for Walker and 5 to get Davis.

Our defence seems pretty solid at the moment; and Foxworth and Williams will only become more dominant.

Lang should be a good fit.

Snk16
04-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Why not this:

That is because Green Bay probably does not want Lelie anymore, LiquidBlue.

It still may be possible but the Pack have lost interest in Lelie.

Sam_Z
04-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Why not this:

That sounds good but does it add up as being even in the draft lottery and amongst the NFL offices?

watchthemiddle
04-28-2006, 03:54 PM

Looks like Lelie and his ego of wanting to be out of denver could come back to haunt him

AussieBronco9
04-28-2006, 03:56 PM
That sounds good but does it add up as being even in the draft lottery and amongst the NFL offices?

I don't think it has to with the situation of Walker.

Green Bay can shop him today and get the best they can for him, or they can wait and have his price drop dramatically.

bleedbluorange
04-28-2006, 04:01 PM
They say Walker stayed in Denver rather than go to New England. They also say that they cant figure out why the Packers have waited so long. It could be that his injury isnt healing on schedule and the team trading for him wouldnt have the time to thoroughly check out the wheel. I dont know how to give a link so check out www.profootballtalk.com (rumor mill)

MilitantDBFan
04-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Conflicting Reports

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the New England Patriots are visiting with Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker.

Crush_570
04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
What is the difference in Walkers and Terrel Davis's knee injury that he coulnt come back from

MilitantDBFan
04-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Adam Schefter just reported that Javon is on a plane on the way to New England and will take physicals with BOTH the eagles and patriots in the morning.

bleedbluorange
04-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Conflicting Reports

Suits me fine if we dont get Walker. I am not sold on him. I would embrace him on the team if it happens, but for now I dont want him. He doesnt seem to be worth the trouble. I would have rather gone through this for Moss (last Year), T.O. or Moulds.

bleedbluorange
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Adam Schefter just reported that Javon is on a plane on the way to New England and will take physicals with BOTH the eagles and patriots in the morning.Does that mean the Broncos are out of the running? Or has he already taken a physical.

AdamantiumBronco
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
wow, were not getting javon walker EITHER!!!!!!!! wow. im sooooooooo pissed.

MilitantDBFan
04-28-2006, 04:14 PM
He said he has already taken physicals with both the broncos and saints and the knee is good. He should be ready for training camp. He said to expect a trade in the morning before the draft or during it. Looks like it is going to be another 18 hours before we know anything.

him doing last minute visits with the Eagles and Pats are not a good thing for those of you wanting him on the team. In terms of compensation NONE of the mentioned teams can really trump us in terms of a deal. But how much do you pay to get a damaged receiver.

AdamantiumBronco
04-28-2006, 04:17 PM
U dont even know how much frustration is inside me right now!!!!!!! lol., i dont know whats going to happen!!!!! lol

watchthemiddle
04-28-2006, 04:17 PM
He said he has already taken physicals with both the broncos and saints and the knee is good. He should be ready for training camp. He said to expect a trade in the morning before the draft or during it. Looks like it is going to be another 18 hours before we know anything.

him doing last minute visits with the Eagles and Pats are not a good thing for those of you wanting him on the team. In terms of compensation NONE of the mentioned teams can really trump us in terms of a deal. But how much do you pay to get a damaged receiver.

Well unless the Eagles or Pats want to give up their first round picks, don't look for him to go to either team according to what the Pack wants. There is no way the eagles are going to give up their 14th...they want to move up.

bleedbluorange
04-28-2006, 04:19 PM

him doing last minute visits with the Eagles and Pats are not a good thing for those of you wanting him on the team. In terms of compensation NONE of the mentioned teams can really trump us in terms of a deal. But how much do you pay to get a damaged receiver.Very good point about the damaged knee. I just dont agree with investing in a injured player. Especially one that hasnt consistantly set the league on fire. I just hope that the injury doesnt bother him and he continues to have a decent career.

bleedbluorange
04-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Well unless the Eagles or Pats want to give up their first round picks, don't look for him to go to either team according to what the Pack wants. There is no way the eagles are going to give up their 14th...they want to move up.I think the Pack will be lucky to get a third. I think Ashley has more value than an injured player. So I hope that Shanny doesnt give up to much in a trade or salary.

Tatum_26
04-28-2006, 04:22 PM
ahhh!!! I can't stand waiting 18 more hours!

broncos_mtnman
04-28-2006, 04:23 PM

Not according to NFL Network.

They just said that he is on his way to NE for a Sat visit, as well as Philly.

Rumors, rumors, rumors....

KS-BroncoGirl
04-28-2006, 04:35 PM

...missed 15 games recently (or anytime). This makes Lelie a much more valuable assett than Walker. NFL Network said Walker is worth a 4th round right now is all and that's all I'd give for him if that, but usually 4th round is much anyways...

Javalon
04-28-2006, 04:48 PM
What is the difference in Walkers and Terrel Davis's knee injury that he coulnt come back from
Don't quote me on this... ;)

Davis tore his ACL and partially tore his MCL. But there were reports that he had a degenerative arthritic knee condition in both knees that I believe was unrelated to his original knee injury in '99. (I'm not sure on the unrelated aspect but I'm pretty sure I read that.)

As for Walker, I believe he just had a regular old ACL tear. And he presumably would not have the degenerative knee conditions that Davis had.

That's my best recollection of the situation. But I'm sure somebody out there has more detailed info.

WABronco
04-28-2006, 05:05 PM
TD had a degenerative condition...

Javon just tore up his ACL.

MarvinWillis
04-28-2006, 05:19 PM
What is the difference between the two??

WABronco
04-28-2006, 05:22 PM
What is the difference between the two??

TD's knee was falling apart. Javon's knee is healing.

Broncosinindy
04-28-2006, 05:26 PM
How many has he won wasn't the question, was it?

There is no proof that Walker will be a success. He hasn't played in over a year, has only had ONE good season, and appears to think he deserves to be paid a ton of money based on these facts.

Nope, I don't want him.

weather or not he went to the uperbowl or not he didnt win it .. sooo..

MarvinWillis
04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Soo TD was practially was tearing off.

Superchop7
04-28-2006, 05:32 PM
If it's a fair deal we will get him.

If it isn't, we won't.

topscribe
04-28-2006, 05:34 PM
If it's a fair deal we will get him.

If it isn't, we won't.
The only way it won't be fair is if Shanny gets the upper hand.

That's happened before . . .

-----

WABronco
04-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Soo TD was practially was tearing off.

No I mean he couldn't rehab his knee or correct the damage with surgery. His condition wouldn't allow his damaged knee to heal, basically...

AMG
04-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Was Mike Anderson washed up? Why didn't he get a contract offer from the team that sees his abilities first hand?

Players are cut for money reasons all the time. Brees wasn't interested in the incentive laden deal SD offered him. As a FA, he knew he could get more somewhere else.

It's no mystery that SD is pretty tight when it comes to paying money to talent.

I posted the "idiotic" word, because someone sent me a CP, stating that it was an idiotic post. It was directed at whoever did that. Not to you.

One more thing, I don't hate St. Jake. I don't hate anyone. I don't care for him as my QB, but that does not elevate itself to the catagory of hatred.

It's funny, how when people can't counter anything I say, they fall back on the old "hate" line.

Funny, that's the way things used to be around here. We didn't have players wanting to go somewhere else to play. In fact, in Shanny's early days, players would come here for less money, just to play here.

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Walker will go where the money is. He could care less about the winning. And if everything is equal, I hope he thinks playing with Brees is better than playing with St. Jake.

To answer this question would be to hijack the thread. I'm not going to do it. If you want to know what I think in this area, there are thousands of posts on the subject. Look them up.

Two things....

1) I didn't ask you

2) St. Jake and the playoffs are NOT the subject of this thread.

1. Mike Anderson is a 33 year old RB. I don't think he is totally washed up (nor did I ever say anything about Anderson) but I believe his best days are behind him. Drew Brees is a 27 year-old QB coming off of 2 career years. I don't see how they compare.

2. Yes, I understand you weren't talking to me about the CP. However I did misinterpret the meaning of what you wrote. I thought you meant one person called your post "idiotic" and someone else gave you a CP for it. My bad and my apologies.

3. For someone who doesn't "hate" Jake you spend a lot of time directly and indirectly bashing him. (and by "hate" I don't mean hate him as a person but "hate" him as a QB......like you said "I don't care for him as my QB") The funniest part is that you are saying you won't hijak the thread but yet you always somehow find a way to take a shot at Plummer regardless of what the topic of the thread is. So again I apologize for using too strong of a word in "hate".

4. Players would come here for less money in Shanny's early days? Do you mean Neil Smith? Who else? (I'm not being condescending, I'm seriously interested in other players that did.)

If this is true, I'd also like to think that Elway had something to do with players wanting to play here. You can't fault Jake for not being John Elway.

5. Are you Javon Walker? How do you know he doesn't care about winning? Sure money plays a huge part in where he will end up but if the money is the same why wouldn't you want to win?

6. Two things:

1) You didn't have to ask me. I can state my opinion whenever and however I choose.

2) Jake and the playoffs aren't the topic of this thread but I'd really prefer not to search for your opinion. If you can't answer a simple question then that's fine. This thread is pretty much dead (and there are 300 other Walker threads anyways) so I'm not going to start a new thread for this.

watchthemiddle
04-28-2006, 05:42 PM
1. Mike Anderson is a 33 year old RB. I don't think he is totally washed up (nor did I ever say anything about Anderson) but I believe his best days are behind him. Drew Brees is a 27 year-old QB coming off of 2 career years. I don't see how they compare.

2. Yes, I understand you weren't talking to me about the CP. However I did misinterpret the meaning of what you wrote. I thought you meant one person called your post "idiotic" and someone else gave you a CP for it. My bad and my apologies.

3. For someone who doesn't "hate" Jake you spend a lot of time directly and indirectly bashing him. (and by "hate" I don't mean hate him as a person but "hate" him as a QB......like you said "I don't care for him as my QB") The funniest part is that you are saying you won't hijak the thread but yet you always somehow find a way to take a shot at Plummer regardless of what the topic of the thread is. So again I apologize for using too strong of a word in "hate".

4. Players would come here for less money in Shanny's early days? Do you mean Neil Smith? Who else? (I'm not being condescending, I'm seriously interested in other players that did.)

If this is true, I'd also like to think that Elway had something to do with players wanting to play here. You can't fault Jake for not being John Elway.

5. Are you Javon Walker? How do you know he doesn't care about winning? Sure money plays a huge part in where he will end up but if the money is the same why wouldn't you want to win?

6. Two things:

1) You didn't have to ask me. I can state my opinion whenever and however I choose.

2) Jake and the playoffs aren't the topic of this thread but I'd really prefer not to search for your opinion. If you can't answer a simple question then that's fine. This thread is pretty much dead (and there are 300 other Walker threads anyways) so I'm not going to start a new thread for this.

:salute: :beer:

WorstTrollEver
04-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Walker is visiting the Patriots and Eagles in hopes of increasing his trade value. He's hoping the Broncos will panic a bit and bite on GB's excessive demands.

Given Shanny's history of reverence, he probably will.

Crush_570
04-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Don't quote me on this... ;)

Davis tore his ACL and partially tore his MCL. But there were reports that he had a degenerative arthritic knee condition in both knees that I believe was unrelated to his original knee injury in '99. (I'm not sure on the unrelated aspect but I'm pretty sure I read that.)

As for Walker, I believe he just had a regular old ACL tear. And he presumably would not have the degenerative knee conditions that Davis had.

That's my best recollection of the situation. But I'm sure somebody out there has more detailed info.
Thanks for the info!

LiquidBlue
04-28-2006, 06:19 PM

Well I just realized, why wouldn't they take that? As of now they have no recievers. Donald Driver wants out as well as he is upset about some contract problem. And Walker obviously wants out.

I think it's funny. Favre comes out of retirement with no recievers to throw to.

Colorado69
04-28-2006, 07:10 PM
"Given Shanny's history of reverence, he probably will." Do you mind explaining yourself? A Pats fan whinning about Shannahan's player actions. Have you followed the circus this year and the draft last year? The Broncos have made several excellent decisions in drafting and free-agency.

Nick
04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
right? did you see any the games last year for GB, Man those receivers were doing horible. I mean even driver was droping everything. It seemed like every time brett nailed some one they didn't catch it (to ad next year aint going to be better).

They should consider anything right now, Lelie is a better WR then any one on eagles, pats etc.,

DenBronx
04-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Walker is visiting the Patriots and Eagles in hopes of increasing his trade value. He's hoping the Broncos will panic a bit and bite on GB's excessive demands.

Given Shanny's history of reverence, he probably will.

WHAT??? Mike is frugal when it comes to WR's man....it would be nice to see him step up for once...

NeedDLinemen
04-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Well I just realized, why wouldn't they take that? As of now they have no recievers. Donald Driver wants out as well as he is upset about some contract problem. And Walker obviously wants out.

I think it's funny. Favre comes out of retirement with no recievers to throw to.

Driver has already publicly stated that he's not unhappy in Green Bay at all. It's also rumoured that ESPN got the Driver info from Walker's camp.

DURANGO BRONCO
04-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Just read this on Profootballtalk.com (I apologize if it has already been posted)

WALKER GOES HOME

After trips to New Orleans and Denver, receiver Javon Walker is heading home.

Opting not to follow through on a visit to New England after the Broncos previously persuded him to delay his visit, Walker is (we're told) tired or traveling.

Meanwhile, we hear that the Saints, Broncos, and Pats are each offering up a second-round pick for Walker. Green Bay is still insisting on a first-rounder.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

DjWilliams55
04-28-2006, 09:26 PM

Favre hasn't come out of retirement....when did he ever RETIRE....did i miss a day on nfl.com?

DrewB
04-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Meanwhile, we hear that the Saints, Broncos, and Pats are each offering up a second-round pick for Walker. Green Bay is still insisting on a first-rounder.http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Man If the Patriots threw in Diet Pepsi machine and a 2nd rounder that would be a great deal for Green Bay. :D

Was there a more stupid commercial then that?