PDA

View Full Version : NFL is all payed off

bmanbronco
01-04-2004, 07:46 PM
I have always believed that the games in the nfl were payed off!!!! I know that may sound crazy but look at the broncos today for example they looked as if they were told they were going tolose the game before kick off even happened. They were walking around on the field no hussle no nothing. I am wondering if anyone out here in bronco land has ever felt that way. The broncos did not even look like they were at the game. Just looking for some answers from people who no more about it. Could it be possible that games are payed off?

16-JakE-16
01-04-2004, 07:47 PM
No, and please no more of this garbage?

web dude
01-04-2004, 08:01 PM
OK..... and I think I saw a few guys over in the grassy knoll

dirtydenver
01-04-2004, 09:20 PM
The money generated by gambling on the games is astronomical when compared to the money made from ticket sales, merchandise, and tv rights. Word.

If anyone actually believes that Oakland's Center decided to go on drug-induced walkabout the night before the SuperBowl last year, I have some land to sell you. You only need to get to one or two to make a game Vegas-Friendly.

Thats why the Officials are the most important players in the game. Just watch, look at them, see how they block the middle for one team and hustle outta the way for the other.

Read Larry Merchant's National Football Lottery for more info.

BroncoAle
01-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Sometimes sorting through these garbage posts on this board is irritating... If you're going to make dumbassed accusations like this, at least try to have some sort of reasoned logic to support it... Otherwise, why waste anyones time?

RealBronco
01-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Alright. I hope this doesn't come out as one of those "garbage" posts but now that everything is turned toward next season. I'm just going to take stuff light heartedly. I mean, what else can you do really. So here's my take:

Sure there were a lot of stupid calls, and 4 calls on Dan Neil? Come on... I swear that Ref. (don't know his name) has it out for the Broncos. He seems to try to screw us a lot.

Anyway. I don't think bad calls are what screwed us. Our team simply didn't play. Period. I mean, Al Wilson (veteran) stood around and let an easy tackle turn into a TD. Plus a few other things that went wrong. We collectively just didn't show up today. And that's all there is to it. Indianapolis was out for blood for making them look foolish and they made us pay.

Anyway, onto next season. We did better than we have been th past 4 years.

colt18
01-04-2004, 10:21 PM
That guy cant be serious!!!! This really isnt worth replying to. Im sorry. Im out.

broncofan303
01-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by bmanbronco
I have always believed that the games in the nfl were payed off!!!! I know that may sound crazy but look at the broncos today for example they looked as if they were told they were going tolose the game before kick off even happened. They were walking around on the field no hussle no nothing. I am wondering if anyone out here in bronco land has ever felt that way. The broncos did not even look like they were at the game. Just looking for some answers from people who no more about it. Could it be possible that games are payed off?

I agree....nobody want's to admit it or deny's that they see it...but refs can completely take over the game...last time, the refs were on our side, this time, the refs were on colts side, its the way the NFL works...and don't deny it, it happens all the time...

palehorse
01-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by BroncoAle
Sometimes sorting through these garbage posts on this board is irritating... If you're going to make dumbassed accusations like this, at least try to have some sort of reasoned logic to support it... Otherwise, why waste anyones time?

Here is a good article concerning the subject. I only was able to catch the game on the radio today, so I can't tell you if anything seen today would fit into the realm of "payoff."

I also would never stoop to the position of accusing my team of mud, to patronize them for questionable play.

You just wanted reputable proof that game fixing is a viable reason to explain certian unknowables in every game. Here it is.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Archives/CA_Show_Article/0,2322,1270,00.html

The story checks out if you research a bit beyond the link I posted here.

BroncoManiac_69
01-04-2004, 10:37 PM
We lost plain and simple. This thread is leading nowhere.

Chaji
01-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by bmanbronco
Dude just shut the hell up. We got our asses kicked, plain and simple. And, Peyton Manning played a great game.

JaCkleG
01-04-2004, 11:37 PM
LoL. The game was not rigged. Maybe the refs screw around, maybe they don't. The bottom line is the Colts wanted this win more than we did, and they went out and got it.

LOL. Maybe there was heavy concentrations of carbon monoxide on the Denver plane when they flew over.

periblepsis
01-05-2004, 12:06 AM
The regular season is definitely fixed. (Check out my other postings on this matter, with point spread), but I don't believe the post-season is.

Denver lost this one, on its own. Maybe as palehorse's link suggested, players can be persuaded to throw some points, but I wouldn't think by this much.

Holding penalties seem to have occured on inopportune occasions, so you have to wonder. But it is not egregious as the fumble call in the Vikings-Chiefs match-up.

I think the main reason why it is not fixed during the post-season is that there are only 4 games, which carries more scrutiny than the 16 that occurs during the regular season. A lost, while important during the regular season, is not lethal.

Anyhow, I have yet to locate or know of any NFL list that contains the spread, or lists the winner for the post-season.

Coltsrunit
01-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by broncofan303
I agree....nobody want's to admit it or deny's that they see it...but refs can completely take over the game...last time, the refs were on our side, this time, the refs were on colts side, its the way the NFL works...and don't deny it, it happens all the time...

yeah they paid all your db's to act like they didnt see marvin harrison laying on the ground....you could not pay me to look that stupid...lol what a joke

Colorado Slayer
01-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Who is this Donkey Killer anyways...More like Donkey ****...Get off our site dip****...Go play with your fly by night team anyways.

Jared
01-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Colorado Slayer
Who is this Donkey Killer anyways...More like Donkey ****...Get off our site dip****...Go play with your fly by night team anyways.

please talk smack in the "Talkin smack" forum. Thanks.