PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Nation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Southstander
05-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I know there a bunch of Red Sox Fans here. So step up and be heard

Medford Bronco
05-11-2006, 06:01 AM
I know there a bunch of Red Sox Fans here. So step up and be heard

I am a Dodger fan first then a Red Sox fan second :beer:

DevilSpawn
05-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Come on Yankee fans, let's hijack this thread!! :D

Gyro
05-11-2006, 06:32 AM
I'm afraid the Blue Jays are taking the division this year, but you Red Sox fans can think whatever you want!!! :wave:

Oh yea, and there's also an MLB thread.... :coffee:

Southstander
05-11-2006, 12:10 PM

Yankees SUCK, almost as bad, if not more then the Raiders

orangenblue420
05-11-2006, 12:24 PM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

RED SUX BLOW - plain and simple -

Southstander
05-11-2006, 12:41 PM
We have dominated the Yankees, this season! Our 2 wins over the Evil empire this season where blow outs. Randy Johnson is over the hill, we OWN Riveria. Oh and I do have some thoughts on Damon

Looks likes Jesus
Acts likes Judas
Throws like Mary

orangenblue420
05-11-2006, 12:51 PM
We have dominated the Yankees, this season! Our 2 wins over the Evil empire this season where blow outs. Randy Johnson is over the hill, we OWN Riveria. Oh and I do have some thoughts on Damon

Looks likes Jesus
Acts likes Judas
Throws like Mary

Again I say :coffee:

I would not call a 2-1 record at this point domination

Rivera - well you can dominate him all you want I will take the fact that we usually DOMINATE your entire team and he dominates the entire league

As far as demon is concerned - you can have him back - i dont care what he does for my team - he is a trader and not a man of his word - IMO I cant believe his heart is with MY team, just his Planet of the Apes pocketbook

DevilSpawn
05-11-2006, 12:52 PM

Looks likes Jesus
Acts likes Judas
Throws like Mary
Nice win you guys had last night. Oh wait, 7-3.

Domination? Holding a 10-1 series lead is domination. Big Papi vs. Yankee pitching is domination. But having 2 wins vs 1 despite the scores is barely even called the upper hand. You OWN Rivera, do ya? How did that help you in the post season priot to 2k4? Or his record & ERA vs. Boston ALL Time. Maybe I can say Jorge, Giambi & A-Rod dominated Schilling last night. Maybe I can say they PWNED Schilling last night. Would that be fair? Yep.

Here it comes, the bloody sock...

Yeah, the 1st place Yankees suck. 1st place, something we literally ripped from the Sox last night.

The Raider issue is for another thread. :coffee:

Medford Bronco
05-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I like the Red Sox but will never get into smack with Yankee fans. They have won 26 Championships to the Red Sox one in the last 87 years. Yes I like the Sox (Dodgers better) but come on. :eek:

It would be like if the Chiefs actually win playoff game for the first time and like 15 years and then claim they are "dominant" over the Pats, Broncos, Steelers or Panthers. It is baseless.

Enjoy the games and rembember they are games!

I never got into the "Yankees Suck" or "Donkeys" etc. I think these verbal attacks are pointless and dumb.

As for Damon he is :shake:

Southstander
05-11-2006, 01:01 PM
What was the score 2 nights ago?? and the one in Fenway???

DevilSpawn
05-11-2006, 01:29 PM
LOL, finally I can do something until football season comes around. Really, it doesn't matter. Ten years from now if the Yankees win more rings, it won't even raise an eyebrow. Tack on stats are just for the night and the morning after, then teams move on, as the Yankees did AFTER the 14-3 loss to pound the Sox's ace and virtually erased the previous night's effect.

As for Toronto, I'm not a firm believer of the hype yet unless they do what I think they should do: Get Dontrell "What choo talkin about" Willis from the Marlins or one of the trade baits from the Nationals.

P.S. Melky Cabrerra is starting to impress me. :D

And why do I have a strange suspicion that Roger Clemens is going to the NY... Mets. :confused:

Southstander
05-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Shil, is only one of our Aces, look at what Beckett did to you nmot only on Tuesday but in the 00 Series. It will be a LONG time before the Evil Empire wins another championship.

*Atwater*
05-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Yankees fan here. :wave:

DevilSpawn
05-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Shil, is only one of our Aces, look at what Beckett did to you nmot only on Tuesday but in the 00 Series. It will be a LONG time before the Evil Empire wins another championship.
It was the '03 series, the '00 series was when we steamrolled over you to get to the Mets. Oh no, we steamrolled over you in '99 to get to the Braves, my fault.

And we'll see who wins a championship first. I like our chances.

Yankees fan here. :wave:
:wave: :beer:

*Atwater*
05-11-2006, 01:44 PM
If winning 26 world series means sucking then yeah the Yankees suck. :goofy:

Southstander
05-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Thants right, in 03 you got bleasted by the Fish, in 01 it was the Snakes. Your last win was in 00.

orangenblue420
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Thants right, in 03 you got bleasted by the Fish, in 01 it was the Snakes. Your last win was in 00.

And again - How many have the Red Sox won? Heck - I think the Yankes have won more titles than the red sox have been in post season games :laugh:

DevilSpawn
05-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Name the last Red Sox dynasty. Now go find someone who will remember it. Or better yet, find a dear diary, journal or personal memoirs with regards to that dynasty, dust off the papers, watch the ancient papers crumble in your fingers and teeter to the ground, and then give us the results. :wave:

*Atwater*
05-11-2006, 01:56 PM
And again - How many have the Red Sox won? Heck - I think the Yankes have won more titles than the red sox have been in post season games :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh:

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
What was the score last night?
Who had the shortest appearance of the season last night? That's right..does that mean schilling is washed up and sucks?

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2006, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=DevilSpawn]Name the last Red Sox dynasty.[QUOTE]
No such thing.

DevilSpawn
05-11-2006, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=DevilSpawn]Name the last Red Sox dynasty.[QUOTE]
No such thing.
Eggs zactly. :D

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Your 'aces' are being outpitched by Moose..check the stats, see for yourself.

What has Beckett done?

15-8 last year, 9-9 in 2004, and 9-8 in 2003..real impressive! A handful of games does not make a career.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2006, 02:12 PM
The Yankees lead the all-time series by about 200 games, so the sox'll have to sweep us for the next 10 years or so just to catch up.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2006, 02:13 PM
From 1920 to 2004, (84 seasons) the yankees had a better overall record than the red sox 66 times.

Medford Bronco
05-11-2006, 02:16 PM
The Yankees lead the all-time series by about 200 games, so the sox'll have to sweep us for the next 10 years or so just to catch up.

It would be like the Browns to just even the series with the Broncos they would have to win 13 straight agains us. It ain't going to happen :coffee:

I like the Sox, but the Yanks fans do have a point

Southstander
05-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Tell you what lets make a bet, if the Yankees Win I will give you a CP, When the Sox win tonight You give me a CP, Who is up for it, One rule you need to reply before the first pitch, Any Takers

*Atwater*
05-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Tell you what lets make a bet, if the Yankees Win I will give you a CP, When the Sox win tonight You give me a CP, Who is up for it, One rule you need to reply before the first pitch, Any Takers
Ill take that bet.

PATS FAN in PA
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
If winning 26 world series means sucking then yeah the Yankees suck. :goofy:

have you ever heard the saying 'what have you done for me lately' . . . despite spending on average 33.5% more than the next highest payroll annually since their last world series championship, georgie just can't buy a world series . . . and he's been trying harder and harder spending as much as 69% higher in 2005 and 62% higher in 2006 . . . that's a lot of jake for no championship . . . now that sucks :laugh:

oh yeah . . . red sox fan here :wave:

PATS FAN in PA
05-11-2006, 05:10 PM
From 1920 to 2004, (84 seasons) the yankees had a better overall record than the red sox 66 times.

66 times . . . that's impressive . . . i have one for you

how many teams have taken a 3-0 lead in any mlb playoff series and lost? it ain't 66 . . . only 1 . . . now you may be asking yourself what team could possibly melt down so horribly that after taking a 3-0 lead they could lose the series including 2 at home . . .

it has to be the sox . . . curse of the bambino strikes again? . . . nope

what other team could it be . . . such a humiliating and devestating defeat . . . who could suck that bad . . . who could do what no other mlb team has been able to do during the history of this fine sport

well of course . . . it must be . . .

the Yankees

RunYouOver
05-11-2006, 05:52 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Sox Suck!! :salute:

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2006, 07:46 PM
have you ever heard the saying 'what have you done for me lately' . . .
If you want to go by what have you done for me lately, why are you talking about two seasons ago? Have you forgotten the another second place finish in the division last year? Knocked out in the first round?
If you want to go by what have you done for me lately, let the white sox fans talk up their team.

*Atwater*
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Sox Suck!! :salute:
Amen to that. :beer:

RunYouOver
05-11-2006, 07:58 PM
66 times . . . that's impressive . . . i have one for you

how many teams have taken a 3-0 lead in any mlb playoff series and lost? it ain't 66 . . . only 1 . . . now you may be asking yourself what team could possibly melt down so horribly that after taking a 3-0 lead they could lose the series including 2 at home . . .

what other team could it be . . . such a humiliating and devestating defeat . . . who could suck that bad . . . who could do what no other mlb team has been able to do during the history of this fine sport

the Yankees

NJ, 970....Isn't it nice that he finds the Red Sox one good moment against the yankees?

I mean...how many can we mention? 20---30?

These Red Sox fans are as pathetic as the Pats fans....I've been to boston, it's a nice place...The sports fans there are crazy though.

When the Sox lose, it's the end of the world, and yes, their world has ended many times.

When was the last time you guys even won the division?!
:coffee:

*Atwater*
05-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Dam Sox win. :mad:

You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to Southstander again.
I owe you a CP.

Southstander
05-11-2006, 08:18 PM
If you want to go by what have you done for me lately, why are you talking about two seasons ago? Have you forgotten the another second place finish in the division last year? Knocked out in the first round?
If you want to go by what have you done for me lately, let the white sox fans talk up their team.

True but didn't the Yanks WIN the division and lose in First round to the Angles, atleast we lost to the eventual Champions.

As far a Red Sox Dynasty goes 1912 to 1918 we won 4 Championships in 6 years. There is you're Red Sox Dyanasty.

Oh and the Sox won CP comming my way :beer:

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2006, 08:25 PM
True but didn't the Yanks WIN the division and lose in First round to the Angles, atleast we lost to the eventual Champions.

I'm not the one saying what have you done for me lately.

Southstander
05-11-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm not the one saying what have you done for me lately.

No it was not, but it was you that mentioned our second place finish and going out in the first round. I just wanted to remind you your Yanks did no better

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2006, 08:59 PM
No it was not, but it was you that mentioned our second place finish and going out in the first round. I just wanted to remind you your Yanks did no better
Thank you for reminding me that the Yankees finished ahead of the Sox...Again.

DevilSpawn
05-11-2006, 09:15 PM
First off, congrats on the win. :beer: Papi & Manny go 0-fer and we still lost. Season is still a loooooong way from being over, though. Matsui's loss is big, but can Melky pull a Cano?

As far a Red Sox Dynasty goes 1912 to 1918 we won 4 Championships in 6 years. There is you're Red Sox Dyanasty.
And like I said before, find someone who remembers that dynasty to enjoy it. You can't because their either all dead, incoherent or slowly crumbling to human brittle.

the Yankees
Never saw that one coming. Now I have one for you. Take away that 2k4 playoff series and what do the Sox have vs. the Yankees? Nothing that I can see.

Now take away the Yankees recent dynasty... (notice I said recent as in more than 1)... and what do we have?

Bucky Dent
Aaron Boone
Babe
PWNership, with papers
etcetera etcetera etcetera

And I know you don't want to talk about meltdowns do you? Mookie? Buckner? Ring a bell? :confused: :D

Southstander
05-11-2006, 09:24 PM
A Yakee and Radier Fan, you have to be my least favorite member of this Board...... J/K :beer: your cool!

You Yankees fans all amaze me, you oound your chest and talk about all your Titles and HOF players. You know what you had better have won 26 titles with all of that talent. If not that would be just plain sad.

As Far as Buckner goes I don't blame him for losing the 86 World Series, it ws not game 7, the Sox could have and should have won game 7. Unlike most Raider Fans the blame the "Tuck Rule" for not beating the Patriots. I realize the Sox had more chances after Buckner to win. Just Like the Raiders had more chances to stop the Pats on that drive and in OT, But that is another thread.

Sorry to hear about "Godzilla" breaking his hand.

(Man with it only being the start of May, can you Imagine what we wil be like come October.

DevilSpawn
05-11-2006, 09:59 PM
I mentioned it either here or on another board that the Raiders should've stopped the Pats after the call, that's why even though I was mad that the call was blown, (or dumb rule, however it is taken) I was even madder that the Raiders defense made the call historic.

Yeah, Godzilla being out is bad, but if the Yankees are champions they'll endure. Bubba Crosby is ok, Bernie is beyond brutal, but Melky Cabrera looks like he can play some ball. Eh, as long as George doesn't go out and get another overpaid 36 year old outfielder and just let a youngster like Melky grow, I'll be happy.

And yeah, there's something about owners born on the 4th of July that makes me want to follow their dark sided teams. :beer:

orangenblue420
05-12-2006, 12:35 PM
A Yakee and Radier Fan, you have to be my least favorite member of this Board...... J/K :beer: your cool!

You Yankees fans all amaze me, you oound your chest and talk about all your Titles and HOF players. You know what you had better have won 26 titles with all of that talent. If not that would be just plain sad.

As Far as Buckner goes I don't blame him for losing the 86 World Series, it ws not game 7, the Sox could have and should have won game 7. Unlike most Raider Fans the blame the "Tuck Rule" for not beating the Patriots. I realize the Sox had more chances after Buckner to win. Just Like the Raiders had more chances to stop the Pats on that drive and in OT, But that is another thread.

Sorry to hear about "Godzilla" breaking his hand.

(Man with it only being the start of May, can you Imagine what we wil be like come October.

And the Sox havent had major talent all of these years - what are they like 3rd on the payroll list
:duh:

Red sux fans are more like Riaders fans - they only have ancient history and a recent win here n there to try and make their points valid then they cry and moan that their team is somehow the best :confused:

Medford Bronco
05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
And the Sox havent had major talent all of these years - what are they like 3rd on the payroll list

Red sux fans are more like Riaders fans - they only have ancient history and a recent win here n there to try and make their points valid then they cry and moan that their team is somehow the best :confused:

orange and blue I will clarify that I think you are an excellent poster. But some Sox fans (myself, although I like the Dodgers better) are not like Raider fans, I do not brag or showboat about an occasional win.

You must be talking about most of the Pats and some Sox fans around where I am from. They think their sh*t does not stink and they are the only teams that ever graced the earth.

I respect the Yanks very much as I have stated in previous posts. I guess you are correct on some levels, but I had to respond because I hate the Raiders so much.

Southstander
05-12-2006, 01:31 PM

O&B I think you missed the point of my Analogy, the previous poster was bringing up Bill Buckner and Buckey Dent in an attempt to run some smack on me as a Red Sox Fan, I was just saying that it does not bother me, it never did, but "Tuck Rule" still upsets Radier fan. I never implied that Yankee fan and Radier fan are in anyway alike, I respect most Yankee fans.

keithbishop
05-14-2006, 03:09 AM
I have nothing bad to say about red sox FANS............ but my love for the Yankees is equal to my love for the Broncos...... and I'm looking forward to a long, drawn-out Yankees/red sox battle for 1st place this season. I survived the years that the likes of Rick Rhoden served as the "ace" of the rotation..... Steve Farr was the closer.......... and my faith has never wavered. It's still strange to view Ron Guidry the Pitching Coach and Don Mattingly the Hitting Coach...... when memories of them playing for the Yankees are so strong in my mind. I'll even share my all-time Yankee lineup and pitching staff (only going back as far as the ones I watched play)............. these are tough calls to make, but here goes.........

SP--Ron Guidry
SP-- David Cone
SP--Andy Pettitte
SP--Roger Clemens
SP--Catfish Hunter

Closer--Mariano Rivera
LRP--Sparky Lyle
RRP--Jeff Nelson
LRP--Mike Stanton
RRP--Ramiro Mendoza
LRP--Graeme Lloyd
(I couldn't bear the thought of making Goose Gossage a setup reliever...... it was difficult to list Lyle as a setup man, but I couldn't leave him off the team, either).

1. 2B--Willie Randolph
2. SS--Derek Jeter
3. 1B-- Don Mattingly
4. DH--Reggie!! Reggie!! Reggie!!
5. LF--Dave Winfield
6. CF--Bernie Williams
7. RF--Paul O'Neill
8. C--Thurman Munson
9. 3B--Graig Nettles (sorry, A-Rod..... Nettles will ALWAYS be my 3rd baseman :salute: ).

Bench--
C--Joe Girardi
C/1B--Jim Leyritz
IF--Bucky Dent (for those red sox games ;) )
OF--Chad Curtis ( I couldn't bench Mickey Rivers)
OF--Lou Piniella

It would be easy to make a 50-man roster..........

Broncosfreak_56
05-14-2006, 04:46 AM
...go rockies...

DevilSpawn
05-14-2006, 08:46 AM
I have nothing bad to say about red sox FANS............ but my love for the Yankees is equal to my love for the Broncos...... and I'm looking forward to a long, drawn-out Yankees/red sox battle for 1st place this season. I survived the years that the likes of Rick Rhoden served as the "ace" of the rotation..... Steve Farr was the closer.......... and my faith has never wavered. It's still strange to view Ron Guidry the Pitching Coach and Don Mattingly the Hitting Coach...... when memories of them playing for the Yankees are so strong in my mind. I'll even share my all-time Yankee lineup and pitching staff (only going back as far as the ones I watched play)............. these are tough calls to make, but here goes.........

SP--Ron Guidry
SP-- David Cone
SP--Andy Pettitte
SP--Roger Clemens
SP--Catfish Hunter

Closer--Mariano Rivera
LRP--Sparky Lyle
RRP--Jeff Nelson
LRP--Mike Stanton
RRP--Ramiro Mendoza
LRP--Graeme Lloyd
(I couldn't bear the thought of making Goose Gossage a setup reliever...... it was difficult to list Lyle as a setup man, but I couldn't leave him off the team, either).

1. 2B--Willie Randolph
2. SS--Derek Jeter
3. 1B-- Don Mattingly
4. DH--Reggie!! Reggie!! Reggie!!
5. LF--Dave Winfield
6. CF--Bernie Williams
7. RF--Paul O'Neill
8. C--Thurman Munson
9. 3B--Graig Nettles (sorry, A-Rod..... Nettles will ALWAYS be my 3rd baseman :salute: ).

Bench--
C--Joe Girardi
C/1B--Jim Leyritz
IF--Bucky Dent (for those red sox games ;) )
OF--Chad Curtis ( I couldn't bench Mickey Rivers)
OF--Lou Piniella

It would be easy to make a 50-man roster..........

You got that right, it would be so difficult to make an all-time roster of just 25 players. Like these few examples:

1B - Mattingly vs. Gehrig
SS - Jeter vs. Scooter
C - Munson vs. Bill *****ey vs. Yogi
OF - Williams, O'Neill, Winfield vs. Mantle, Dimaggio, Ruth
Closer: Mariano vs. Goose (who had 3 inning saves)

Heck, make Babe Ruth the starter if it was just for 1 game. :D

Southstander
05-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Carlton Fisk C
Jimmie Foxx 1B
Bobby Doerr 2B
Wade Boggs 3B
Nomar Garciaparra SS
Ted Williams LF
Tris Speaker CF
Dwight Evans RF
David Ortiz DH

Roger Clemmens SP
Pedro Martinez SP
Tim Wakefield SP
Dennis Eckersley RP

More as I think of them

BVP
05-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Carlton Fisk C
Jimmie Foxx 1B
Bobby Doerr 2B
Wade Boggs 3B
Nomar Garciaparra SS
Ted Williams LF
Tris Speaker CF
Dwight Evans RF
David Ortiz DH

Roger Clemmens SP
Pedro Martinez SP
Dennis Eckersley RP

More as I think of them

That is a good list. :beer:

Southstander
05-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Sox win Today 11-1 and Francona gets his 500 win and a manager, as I type this the Yankees are losing. It's a great night to be a Red Sox Fan.

keithbishop
05-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Red Sox | Wells scheduled to throw simulated game
Mon, 15 May 2006 08:11:08 -0700

Mike Petraglia, of Boston.RedSox.MLB.com, reports Boston Red Sox SP David Wells (knee) is scheduled to throw a simulated game Monday, May 15. Wells was originally scheduled to throw Saturday, May 13, but that game has been backed up two days because of rainouts at Fenway Park.

From KFFL.com

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************
It will be a while before Wells returns. He likely needs 1 or 2 simulated games plus 3 or more minor league rehab starts before he'll be ready to pitch for boston.

I'm still a David Wells fan :salute: .......... After all he did for the Yankees, the least I can do is pull for his return to health in his last season.

Southstander
05-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks Keith Bishop

keithbishop
05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks Keith Bishop

not a problem..... I keep an eye on my old favorites..... even if they join the..... and it pains me to say this...... red....... sox :eek: :eek: :eek: .

LOL. j/k............ Wells was a great pitcher...... and remains a great personality.... an asset to the sport of baseball.

Southstander
05-15-2006, 09:26 PM
I know what you mean, as much as I hate Damon, for going to the Yankee, I still want him do good...... but not too good ;)

armedequation
05-15-2006, 10:01 PM
...go rockies...

one word to respond to this post................hilarious :beer:

Southstander
05-15-2006, 10:18 PM
...go rockies...

Far, Far Away

armedequation
05-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Far, Far Away

lol what do you have to be afraid of? j/k

Southstander
05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
That Scary Green dude in your sig :goofy:

armedequation
05-15-2006, 10:58 PM
That Scary Green dude in your sig :goofy:

he's just mad cause he only got two flapjacks instead of 3.

:beer:

sorry didnt mean to interrupt your thread

Southstander
05-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Tell him I ate it and it was good :D

Enough of this sillyness :goofy: back to the sox

AL East Standings

Teams Games Back
Boston ------
NY 1
Toronto 1.5
Baltimore 5.5
Tampa Bay 8

WorstTrollEver
05-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Tell him I ate it and it was good :D

Enough of this sillyness :goofy: back to the sox

Sox crush the O's last night 11-1. They're 7-0 against Baltimore this year and have won 12 in a row dating back to last year.

The Willie Mo/Arroyo trade continues to look good for both teams. Willie Mo is hitting .321 and went 2-5 last night w/ a two-run homer and 4 RBI.

With Coco hurt, Willie Mo has been a savior.

Southstander
05-16-2006, 09:34 PM
The Sox have won their 13 straight over the O's. :D

keithbishop
05-16-2006, 10:18 PM
David Wells will pitch a AAA game Sunday and is due back 5/26 according to ESPN's bottom line. He threw 82 pitches in a simulated game tonight.

Southstander
05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
It is gonna be fun season talking Baseball with you KB :salute:

Medford Bronco
05-17-2006, 10:06 AM
David Wells will pitch a AAA game Sunday and is due back 5/26 according to ESPN's bottom line. He threw 82 pitches in a simulated game tonight.

Also another interesting twist is Craig Hansen starting at AAA. I would love to see this guy up to pitch instead of Seanez and DiNardo who are shaky at best.

Here is the Boston Herald Article (http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=139626)

WorstTrollEver
05-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Also another interesting twist is Craig Hansen starting at AAA. I would love to see this guy up to pitch instead of Seanez and DiNardo who are shaky at best.

Here is the Boston Herald Article (http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=139626)

I think the Sox are getting Hansen ready to spot start for some of the double-headers that will come after all these rainouts.

Very smart move IMO.

Gyro
05-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I heard Dontrelle Willis is being offered as a trading possibility, and also the Jays are interested, as you all know, we have the best pitching prospects in the entire MLB! :D

keithbishop
05-17-2006, 07:43 PM
It is gonna be fun season talking Baseball with you KB :salute:

Definitely, South :salute: .

We have another tie for 1st place..... red sox game ends with Willie Harris being thrown out attempting to steal 2B............. Wang throws 81 :eek: pitches in 8 innings (2 ER) in the Yankees 4-3 victory.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Seems like Beckett is having some problems handling the pressure here in the northeast.

Southstander
05-17-2006, 10:26 PM
LOL he snapped a little there didn't he

keithbishop
05-18-2006, 06:11 PM
LOL he snapped a little there didn't he

NO HE DIDN'T!!!!!! WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

LOOK AT HIS FINGER!!!!!

LOL. The media attention isn't quite the same as it was for him in Florida :D .

Southstander
05-18-2006, 06:29 PM
I heard Dontrelle Willis is being offered as a trading possibility, and also the Jays are interested, as you all know, we have the best pitching prospects in the entire MLB! :D

You now the most dangerous in all of sports is potential and that is all prospects are is potential

Medford Bronco
05-19-2006, 06:28 AM
You now the most dangerous in all of sports is potential and that is all prospects are is potential

The newest potential is as show by this article on Jon Lester (http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=139910)

I really think this guy can help by the end of the season like Papelbon did last year. :beer:

Southstander
05-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Great read Med

Southstander
05-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Red Sox win and move 1.5 games ahead of the Yanks

WorstTrollEver
05-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Red Sox win and move 1.5 games ahead of the Yanks

It's great to see Clement pitch well. You never know what you're going to get from him.

Hopefully he can string together several more strong outings in a row.

keithbishop
05-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Pedro Martinez was incredible today, beating the Yankees. Why are the red sox so willing to let their top players leave as free agents?? Not that I mind, of course........ Pedro will be 6-0, barring a stunning 9th inning rally.

WorstTrollEver
05-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Pedro Martinez was incredible today, beating the Yankees. Why are the red sox so willing to let their top players leave as free agents?? Not that I mind, of course........ Pedro will be 6-0, barring a stunning 9th inning rally.

The Red Sox offered Pedro a very good 3 yr. deal. The Mets were desperate and foolish enough to offer him a 4 yr deal.

Pedro’s strong performance against the weaker hitting NL doesn’t surprise me. However, we’ll see if he’s worth all that $$$ in years 3 and 4.

The Mets will experience the same pain the Yanks did w/ Kevin Brown.

keithbishop
05-20-2006, 02:09 PM
The Red Sox offered Pedro a very good 3 yr. deal. The Mets were desperate and foolish enough to offer him a 4 yr deal.

Pedro’s strong performance against the weaker hitting NL doesn’t surprise me. However, we’ll see if he’s worth all that $$$ in years 3 and 4.

The Mets will experience the same pain the Yanks did w/ Kevin Brown.

I strongly disagree. MAYBE year 4....... but I wouldn't count on that. There is joy in Yankeeville!!!!!

The Mets led 4-0 going into the 9th...... brought in Wagner, who imploded.....Yankees scored 4 in the top of the 9th. ANDY PHILLIPS, of all people, drove in the game-winner. Mariano Rivera pitched scoreless 10th/11th innings, striking out the side in the 11th. Yankes win 5-4 in their 2nd stunning comeback of the week!!!

WorstTrollEver
05-20-2006, 02:18 PM
I strongly disagree. MAYBE year 4....... but I wouldn't count on that. There is joy in Yankeeville!!!!!

The Mets led 4-0 going into the 9th...... brought in Wagner, who imploded.....Yankees scored 4 in the top of the 9th. ANDY PHILLIPS, of all people, drove in the game-winner. Mariano Rivera pitched scoreless 10th/11th innings, striking out the side in the 11th. Yankes win 5-4 in their 2nd stunning comeback of the week!!!

I'm not sure I'd call that a comeback. Wagner gave you the game w/ all those walks and hit batter.

Don't expect any gifts like that when you play the Red Sox.

keithbishop
05-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure I'd call that a comeback. Wagner gave you the game w/ all those walks and hit batter.

Don't expect any gifts like that when you play the Red Sox.

I won't (I wouldn't expect a gift like that from the ROYALS, much less the Mets or red sox).......... and I shouldn't have posted that in this thread (I'm a little excited, to put it mildly)...........but beating BILLY WAGNER doesn't qualify as a comeback :huh: ?? it WAS a 4-0 lead...... not an easy win in that situation. I'd be more than willing to wager that Wagner doesn't pitch that badly for the rest of the season. 21-year old Melky Cabrera worked a 12-pitch walk...... ANDY PHILLIPS (Yeah, THE Andy Phillips) hits the game winner. Miguel Cairo (not a speedster) steals 2B AND 3B before scoring the game-winner..... that, my friend, constitutes a comeback.

Umm......... you'll have to explain how that one works. Does Wagner make a habit out of pitching that way?? His career numbers would dictate otherwise...........

No arguments..... I'm in too good of a mood.... as you should be able to understand.

WorstTrollEver
05-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Well, the Red Sox beat the Phillies 8-4 and they won the old fashioned way - they earned it!

Josh Beckett gets an rbi single, scores a run and hits a home run. He was the first Red Sox pitcher to hit a home run since 1972! Oh yeah, he also pitched very well.

What an offensive juggernaut we have!!

Southstander
05-21-2006, 01:00 AM
The Mets WAY over paid Pete.

keithbishop
05-21-2006, 06:17 AM
The Mets WAY over paid Pete.

Not true.

With red sox:
2003 salary: $15 mil.
2004 salary: $17.5 mil.

With Mets:
$3.5 mil. bonus (paid in 2008)
2005 salary: $ 10 mil.
2006: $14 mil.
2007 : $14 mil.
2008: $11 mil.

$10 mil. of his salary from 2006-2008 is deferred.

Curt Schilling:
2005 salary: $12.5 mil.
2006: $13 mil.
2007: $13 mil.

Pedro's salary is in line with Schilling's. Pedro was dominant for the red sox...... Schilling was dominant through 2004......... it only stands to reason that their salaries are comparable. The only question about Pedro's deal is 2008, but how much $$ do you think he's generated in ticket sales and merchandising $$. I saw the Pedro of old pitch yesterday. 2.82 ERA as a Met. The 4th year of the deal is a calculated risk, but the Mets won't have to worry about him this year or next year. Pedro is making A LOT less than he earned in the last year of his red sox contract.

$10 mil. of Pedro's salary the last 3 years is deferred. Pedro is 5 years younger than Schilling.

Southstander
05-21-2006, 03:56 PM
The reason I said they over paid for him is "2008" I don't think he will make it that long

LiquidBlue
05-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Tough loss today. Damn Lenny DiNardo. Bless Kevin Youkilis. But I guess I'd rather have DiNardo than ****-down Boomer.

LiquidBlue
05-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh, and every Yankee fan alive is a bandwagoner.

Southstander
05-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Good to have you in here Blue

RunYouOver
05-21-2006, 08:08 PM

Oh, and Red Sox fans like these aren't really baseball fans. :coffee:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...most people are fans of their local teams, and to 90% of Yankee fans, that's their local team.

Really, really good try though. :duh:

RunYouOver
05-21-2006, 08:11 PM
You know, as a Yankee fan I've met quite a few Red Sox fans.

I've found that there's a bunch of different types:

a) Love baseball, and the Red Sox so much they hate everything about the Yankees and everyone of their fans.

b) Love baseball and the Red Sox so much, and hate the Yankees, but respect them, and their fans at the same time if they show respect.

c) Don't really care about baseball, just like being jerks.

d) Don't really care about baseball, but cheer for the Sox because's it's their local team.

e) Just love Baseball.

To anyone who fits in b, :cheers: to you.

Change the teams around, and that's where I fit.

Southstander
05-21-2006, 08:13 PM
I think you have the number a Little high it it probalbly about 60% if that

RunYouOver
05-21-2006, 08:15 PM
I think you have the number a Little high it it probalbly about 60% if that

Don't forget how many people LIVE in New York. ;)

Southstander
05-21-2006, 08:20 PM
True, but not ALL of those are Yankees fans. Also if you root for your "Hometown" team, shouldn't YOU be a Giants or Jets Fan?

RunYouOver
05-21-2006, 08:22 PM
True, but not ALL of those are Yankees fans. Also if you root for your "Hometown" team, shouldn't YOU be a Giants or Jets Fan?

Another case of first team I saw play. ;)

keithbishop
05-21-2006, 08:44 PM

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were kidding or just trying to pull someone's chain.

My favorite Yankee Pitcher was Ron Guidry ...... favorite Hitter was Don Mattingly.... and favorite 2B was Willie Randolph...... Guidry is the Yankees pitching coach, Mattingly the Yankees hitting coach, and Randolph the Mets manager.
This is my 30th season as a Yankee fan.......... seems like an AWFULLY long time to ride a bandwagon :wave: .

Southstander
05-21-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were kidding or just trying to pull someone's chain.

My favorite Yankee Pitcher was Ron Guidry ...... favorite Hitter was Don Mattingly.... and favorite 2B was Willie Randolph...... Guidry is the Yankees pitching coach, Mattingly the Yankees hitting coach, and Randolph the Mets manager.
This is my 30th season as a Yankee fan.......... seems like an AWFULLY long time to ride a bandwagon :wave: .

It is a long Trail

keithbishop
05-21-2006, 09:19 PM
It is a long Trail

Yep. I'm thinking I should have been bumped off the wagon during the years the Yankees "Ace" was Rick Rhoden, Rick Reuschel, or Ed Whitson :ugh: Maybe I'm a "real fan" after all ;) .

--not directed towards you, Southstander :salute: --

keithbishop
05-21-2006, 11:50 PM
http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=1471

David Wells might return to the red sox Friday.

WorstTrollEver
05-22-2006, 03:01 AM
http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=1471

David Wells might return to the red sox Friday.

I don't think he can be any worse than Lenny DiNardo.

LiquidBlue
05-22-2006, 04:54 AM
I don't think he can be any worse than Lenny DiNardo.

Yes he can. :coffee:

keithbishop
05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Yes he can. :coffee:

David Wells' ERA will be WORSE than 7.11?? If you say so............

LiquidBlue
05-22-2006, 02:46 PM
ERA doesn't mean anything if you haven't had many opportunites to prove yourself. Wells is washed up. I'm sorry, I've respected him long but he really is washed up. Time to hang the hat.

keithbishop
05-22-2006, 06:28 PM
ERA doesn't mean anything if you haven't had many opportunites to prove yourself. Wells is washed up. I'm sorry, I've respected him long but he really is washed up. Time to hang the hat.

He will retire after the season, but I wouldn't write him off BEFORE he throws a pitch for the red sox this year.... wouldn't Wells be an example of someone who hasn't had a chance to prove himself this year?? ;)
Wells has too much pride not to give his best now that he is healthy.

Schilling and the red sox are playing flawlessly tonight...... the Yankees look flat, but that goes hand-in-hand with Schilling's dominant performance. No excuses.... the sox look great.

RunYouOver
05-22-2006, 06:29 PM
He will retire after the season, but I wouldn't write him off BEFORE he throws a pitch for the red sox. Wells has too much pride not to give his best now that he is healthy.

Schilling and the red sox are playing flawlessly tonight...... the Yankees look flat, but that goes hand-in-hand with Schilling's dominant performance. No excuses.... the sox look great.

I'll second that, unfortunately. :ugh:

LiquidBlue
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
He will retire after the season, but I wouldn't write him off BEFORE he throws a pitch for the red sox this year.... wouldn't Wells be an example of someone who hasn't had a chance to prove himself this year?? ;)
Wells has too much pride not to give his best now that he is healthy.

He's already thrown a pitch. 3 innings worth. Thats when he left the game thats how bad he was.

RunYouOver
05-22-2006, 06:53 PM
So What's Red Sox nation's opinion on Keith Foulke?

keithbishop
05-22-2006, 06:54 PM
He's already thrown a pitch. 3 innings worth. Thats when he left the game thats how bad he was.

I forgot he had a start.... April 12th.... 4 innings. Then he went on the DL. I guess he should be released now that he's healthy :confused: . OK.... you're the sox fan...........

LiquidBlue
05-22-2006, 07:09 PM
I forgot he had a start.... April 12th.... 4 innings. Then he went on the DL. I guess he should be released now that he's healthy :confused: . OK.... you're the sox fan...........

Uhh...you're the one that didn't know he hadn't pitched yet and was accusing me of not knowing my facts. :duh:

And I don't think he should be released. He should frickin retire.

LiquidBlue
05-22-2006, 07:10 PM
So What's Red Sox nation's opinion on Keith Foulke?

Complete idiot.

keithbishop
05-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Uhh...you're the one that didn't know he hadn't pitched yet and was accusing me of not knowing my facts. :duh:

And I don't think he should be released. He should frickin retire.

You're absolutely right.... he made 1 start..... was put on the DL..... is healthy now....... 4 innings consists of enough opportunity to evaluate someone.

Relax, buddy..... I wasn't accusing you of anything. Bag on Wells to your heart's delight. LOL. :wave:

LiquidBlue
05-22-2006, 07:24 PM
You're absolutely right.... he made 1 start..... was put on the DL..... is healthy now....... 4 innings consists of enough opportunity to evaluate someone.

Relax, buddy..... I wasn't accusing you of anything. Bag on Wells to your heart's delight. LOL. :wave:

Yah, it does. Know why? Because he was the same way last year. He sucks. And you figure he'll be better know that he just came off an injury? Yep how'd you know? :duh:

keithbishop
05-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Yah, it does. Know why? Because he was the same way last year. He sucks. And you figure he'll be better know that he just came off an injury? Yep how'd you know? :duh:

He won how many games for the red sox last year?? I'm not even arguing with you...... I love the fact that you want to put down one of your own.
Wells wasn't great last year, but a 15-win season must not buy a pitcher an ounce of loyalty. No skin off my nose.

Southstander
05-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Sox win!! I'm Happy :D

LiquidBlue
05-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Catcher - Carlton Fisk

1st Base - Carl Yastrzemski (he played 1st from 73-76, for anyone who is going to jump all over me and say "he was a LF")

2nd Base - Bobby Doerr

3rd Base - Wade Boggs

ShortStop - Nomar Garciaparra

LeftField - Jim Rice

CenterField - Ted Williams

RightField - Dwight Evans

Pitcher1 - Cy Young

Pitcher2 - Pedro Martinez

Pitcher3 - Roger Clemens

Pitcher4 - Babe Ruth

Closer - 2004 Keith Foulke

Designated Hitter - David Ortiz

Coach - Joe Cronin

Thoughts? :beer:

Medford Bronco
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Catcher - Carlton Fisk

1st Base - Carl Yastrzemski (he played 1st from 73-76, for anyone who is going to jump all over me and say "he was a LF")

2nd Base - Bobby Doerr

3rd Base - Wade Boggs

LeftField - Jim Rice

Pitcher1 - Cy Young

Pitcher3 - Roger Clemens

Pitcher4 - Babe Ruth

Coach - Joe Cronin

good list I just can't put Keith Foulke on it. My closer would be Lee Smith. I know Foulke was great in 04, but he is not one of my favs.

I have to leave now but will revisit this tomorrow.

I also like George Scott as 1b and Bruce Hurst as another pitcher. :beer:

keithbishop
05-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Catcher - Carlton Fisk

2nd Base - Bobby Doerr

3rd Base - Wade Boggs

LeftField - Jim Rice

Pitcher1 - Cy Young

Pitcher3 - Roger Clemens

Pitcher4 - Babe Ruth

Coach - Joe Cronin

Cool list. What is your list of favorite red sox you have seen play??

LiquidBlue
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Cool list. What is your list of favorite red sox you have seen play??

I'd have to say...

Catcher - Jason Varitek

1st Base - Kevin Millar

2nd Base - Mark Bellhorn

3rd Base - Bill Mueller

ShortStop - Orlando Cabrera

LeftField - Manny Ramirez

CenterField - Johnny Damon

RightField - Trot Nixon

Pitcher1 - Pedro Martinez

Pitcher2 - Curt Shilling

Pitcher3 - Tim Wakefield

Pitcher4 - Derek Lowe

Pitcher5 - Bronson Arroyo

Closer - Keith Foulke

Manager - Terry Francona

Look familiar? :goofy:

keithbishop
05-23-2006, 06:18 PM
I'd have to say...

Catcher - Jason Varitek

1st Base - Kevin Millar

2nd Base - Mark Bellhorn

3rd Base - Bill Mueller

ShortStop - Orlando Cabrera

LeftField - Manny Ramirez

CenterField - Johnny Damon

RightField - Trot Nixon

Pitcher1 - Pedro Martinez

Pitcher2 - Curt Shilling

Pitcher3 - Tim Wakefield

Pitcher4 - Derek Lowe

Pitcher5 - Bronson Arroyo

Closer - Keith Foulke

Manager - Terry Francona

Look familiar? :goofy:

I think I'm familiar with 1 or 2 of those names ;) . How long have you been a sox fan??

LiquidBlue
05-23-2006, 06:34 PM
I think I'm familiar with 1 or 2 of those names ;) . How long have you been a sox fan??

Lol, since the day I was born, thats just my favorite all-time Sox team because thats the 2004 team :beer:

keithbishop
05-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Lol, since the day I was born, thats just my favorite all-time Sox team because thats the 2004 team :beer:
LOL. Since the day you were born...... that's amazing....... it's very rare for a baby to watch baseball :D ;) .
The 96' Yankees were probably my favorite overall, but players I grew up watching like Gator, Catfish, Willie Randolph, Reggie and Graig Nettles will always be on my all-time Yankees team.

Medford Bronco
05-23-2006, 06:49 PM

I agree with you on 20014 the I have been a Sox fan (although I like the Dodgers 1st) since 1978 as a kid

My list of favorites (i am adding extras as I have followed this team forever :D )

1B George Scott

2B- Marty Barrett

SS- Nomar Garciparra

3B- Not hear all that long- Carney Lansford then Bill Mueller

LF- Jim Rice

CF- Fred Lynn then Damon (yes a Sox fan still acutally likes Damon LOL)

RF- tie between Dwight Evans and Trot Nixon

DH -David Ortiz and Yaz

SP- Roger Clemens
SP- Pedro Martinez
SP Louis Tiant aka Looouuuiiee
SP- Bruce Hurst
SP Dennis Eckersley '
SP Curt Schilling

RP Lee Smith
RP Bill Campbell
RP _I know he has not been here long but Pappelbon

specialist- Tom Burgmeier

This has been fun and brough back a lot of great memories :beer:

keithbishop
05-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I agree with you on 20014 the I have been a Sox fan (although I like the Dodgers 1st) since 1978 as a kid

My list of favorites (i am adding extras as I have followed this team forever :D )

1B George Scott

2B- Marty Barrett

SS- Nomar Garciparra

LF- Jim Rice

DH -David Ortiz and Yaz

SP- Roger Clemens
SP- Pedro Martinez
SP- Bruce Hurst
SP Dennis Eckersley '
SP Curt Schilling

RP Lee Smith
RP Bill Campbell

Lynn, Evans and Rice were a great OF. Rice deserves to be in the HOF. No Boggs?? Tiant threw out the 1st pitch tonight.

Medford Bronco
05-23-2006, 06:53 PM
LOL. Since the day you were born...... that's amazing....... it's very rare for a baby to watch baseball :D ;) .
The 96' Yankees were probably my favorite overall, but players I grew up watching like Gator, Catfish, Willie Randolph, Reggie and Graig Nettles will always be on my all-time Yankees team.

KB those are some of the grittiest best Yankees of all time. Did you read the Brox Zoo book by Sparky Lyle? It was fantastic

Do not forget Ed Figueora ( I just loved his name )

As a Dodger fan my lasting Yanks Dodger memories are when Welch struck out Jackson in 78 and he got pissed and then hit a bomb off of him later in the series.

Also in 81 when The Dodgers finally beat the Yanks and Cey got hit in the head by Gossage, that was scary :eek:

great memories KB

Medford Bronco
05-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Lynn, Evans and Rice were a great OF. Rice deserves to be in the HOF. No Boggs?? Tiant threw out the 1st pitch tonight.

It is a personal thing, I hate selfish players who only care about stats.

he was good though.

LiquidBlue
05-23-2006, 06:56 PM

1B George Scott

2B- Marty Barrett

SS- Nomar Garciparra

LF- Jim Rice

DH -David Ortiz and Yaz

SP- Roger Clemens
SP- Pedro Martinez
SP- Bruce Hurst
SP Dennis Eckersley '
SP Curt Schilling

RP Lee Smith
RP Bill Campbell

No Teddy Ballgame?

Medford Bronco
05-23-2006, 06:57 PM
No Teddy Ballgame?

Teddy Ballgame is the greatest hitter of all time IMHO. However I tried to list players I saw play either live or on TV. That is why all players played since 1978 or current and I saw them. :beer:

keithbishop
05-23-2006, 07:51 PM
KB those are some of the grittiest best Yankees of all time. Did you read the Brox Zoo book by Sparky Lyle? It was fantastic

Do not forget Ed Figueora ( I just loved his name )

As a Dodger fan my lasting Yanks Dodger memories are when Welch struck out Jackson in 78 and he got pissed and then hit a bomb off of him later in the series.

Also in 81 when The Dodgers finally beat the Yanks and Cey got hit in the head by Gossage, that was scary :eek:

great memories KB
Cey getting hit was one of the scariest baseball moments I've ever seen.
The Bronx Zoo is my favorite baseball book. LOL. I'm ever thankful that the red sox traded Lyle to the Yankees for Danny Carter.

Welch/Reggie was a great matchup. I left off a lot of favorites...... starting with Munson (RIP) ...... Chris Chambliss and Mickey Rivers were great, too, as were Lyle and Goose. We can't leave out RSN favorite Bucky "#&*^%@&" Dent, can we??

Then the role players...... Lou Piniella, Oscar Gamble and his 3 foot tall fro...... the late 70's were great.

LiquidBlue
05-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Theres a cool site that sells some wicked Sox gear: http://www.chowdaheadz.com/index.html

Theres a red shirt that says BOSTON in the Red Sox font on the front and in the back as either "TEK 33" "TROT 7" "MANNY 24" or "COCO 10". I already have a Manny jersey that I dropped some ketchup on (from my damn good Fenway Frank) and it wont come out, and I feel foolish wearing it with that stain on it obviously. So I'm wondering wether I should get the Manny or the Coco one.

I'm going to a White Sox-Red Sox game in Chicago in July and I wanna wear whichever one I get to that game of course, but I'm afraid Coco or Manny might be in a slump when we travel there and it'd kinda suck. Which should I get? And I don't want any sarcastic posts from Yankee fans...in fact, might be better if the Yankee fans don't post. :beer:

keithbishop
05-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Theres a cool site that sells some wicked Sox gear: http://www.chowdaheadz.com/index.html

Theres a red shirt that says BOSTON in the Red Sox font on the front and in the back as either "TEK 33" "TROT 7" "MANNY 24" or "COCO 10". I already have a Manny jersey that I dropped some ketchup on (from my damn good Fenway Frank) and it wont come out, and I feel foolish wearing it with that stain on it obviously. So I'm wondering wether I should get the Manny or the Coco one.

I'm going to a White Sox-Red Sox game in Chicago in July and I wanna wear whichever one I get to that game of course, but I'm afraid Coco or Manny might be in a slump when we travel there and it'd kinda suck. Which should I get? And I don't want any sarcastic posts from Yankee fans...in fact, might be better if the Yankee fans don't post. :beer:

This Yankee fan will post................ I'd think Manny or Varitek would be the best choice. Manny rarely slumps............

Medford Bronco
05-23-2006, 08:10 PM
This Yankee fan will post................ I'd think Manny or Varitek would be the best choice. Manny rarely slumps............

KB is a level headed Yankee fan which is cool.

I would pick Coco as I am not a real Manny fan as he although is a great hitter, loses focus and aggravates me sometimes. BTW i hate "Manny being Manny" quote

If i half-a$sed my job at work I would be fired so fast they would say its "John being John on the unemployment line :eek: )

keithbishop
05-23-2006, 08:17 PM

I would pick Coco as I am not a real Manny fan as he although is a great hitter, loses focus and aggravates me sometimes. BTW i hate "Manny being Manny" quote

If i half-a$sed my job at work I would be fired so fast they would say its "John being John on the unemployment line :eek: )

Good points about Manny. The "Manny being Manny" stuff is ridiculous.

Southstander
05-23-2006, 10:30 PM

Go with the Captian Tek

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 07:05 AM

Yea, the first time I saw it it was funny, and then the jokes about it were ok, but now its kinda tired.

Medford Bronco
05-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Yea, the first time I saw it it was funny, and then the jokes about it were ok, but now its kinda tired.

yeah and him showboating just proved my point. He better watch out tonight, I would not be surprised if RJ plants one in his ribs and I would not blame him for doing so. :ugh:

I like the Sox but do not like the manny crap. 2 more years and he is gone I believe. :confused:

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 07:17 AM
yeah and him showboating just proved my point. He better watch out tonight, I would not be surprised if RJ plants one in his ribs and I would not blame him for doing so. :ugh:

I like the Sox but do not like the manny crap. 2 more years and he is gone I believe. :confused:

Really? I was gonna give him 3.

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 07:18 AM
BOSTON -- The Red Sox have outlined a specific schedule for Coco Crisp to go on a Minor League rehab assignment, and, though they don't want to look too far ahead, Monday night in Toronto is looking like a logical time for the switch-hitting center fielder to reclaim his spot in the lineup.
Red Sox manager Terry Francona announced after Tuesday's game that Crisp will take batting practice at Fenway Park on Wednesday for the third straight day and then depart for Florida for two games of extended Spring Training.

Crisp will play at Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday, and most likely work out at Fenway on Sunday and accompany the team for a 10-game road trip that begins in Toronto on Monday night. Francona did leave open the option that Crisp could play for Pawtucket on Sunday if he needs a few more at-bats.

Originally, Crisp didn't see the value in reporting to extended Spring Training in Florida, but after conferring with Francona and others, he apparently came around on the idea.

"Because we're sending him to [extended spring], we can kind of do what we want," said Francona. "He can play center field, he can lead off every inning. We are going to try to get him 10, 12, 15 at-bats. He'll spend two days there, then go to Pawtucket and play Saturday night. The decision on Sunday is he'll either play again Sunday or come back and work out with us and go with us. That's to be determined, depending on the at-bats, how he feels, things like that."

Crisp last played for the Red Sox on April 8, when he suffered a non-displaced fracture of his left index finger while being caught trying to steal third base.

His rehab was slowed by a bout with kidney stones that required surgery.

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Outfielder Wily Mo Pena, nursing a sore left wrist, was again out of the lineup on Tuesday night. Willie Harris played center for the second night in a row. Pena hopes to be able to give it a go Wednesday against the Big Unit.

"I think he's good enough where he'd like to play," said Francona. "I think it makes sense to wait one more day. [Randy Johnson] is pitching tomorrow, [and] we'd definitely like him to be in the lineup tomorrow. I just think it makes sense to use some common sense. But I think he would like to play. So that must mean he's feeling pretty good."

Medford Bronco
05-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Really? I was gonna give him 3.

I could be wrong I though 2 after this year :ugh:

maybe they might finally trade him after the seaon. I would love to get Bobby Abreau for him. a hard nosed player who actually tries all the time and no more "Manny being Manny crap" :coffee:

keithbishop
05-24-2006, 08:17 AM

May the rest of RSN take note: Very classy post, Medford :salute: .

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 10:32 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/931/matty4ax.png

MATTY CLEMENT TONIGHT

Medford Bronco
05-24-2006, 10:37 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/931/matty4ax.png

MATTY CLEMENT TONIGHT

sorry liquid but I do not have too much faith in Clement :ugh:

I will take 6 IP 3 ER as a great outing for him :salute:

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 10:39 AM
sorry liquid but I do not have too much faith in Clement :ugh:

I will take 6 IP 3 ER as a great outing for him :salute:

Maybe the goatee will pull through. I have a good feeling today.

Medford Bronco
05-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Maybe the goatee will pull through. I have a good feeling today.

Lets hope so.

BTW I like the Beckett sig much better than Manny :beer:

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Lets hope so.

BTW I like the Beckett sig much better than Manny :beer:

Lol, it'll switch around a lot. I'm just upset about what happened to the quality of it.

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 04:18 PM
So far so good for Matty.

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 04:26 PM
OH-NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! MANNY! :beer: :beer:

RunYouOver
05-24-2006, 07:53 PM
So far so good for Matty.

Didn't turn out that way in the end.

RED SOX SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:coffee:

LiquidBlue
05-24-2006, 08:14 PM
This was the kind of game the Yankees-Sox series is all about. Good game Yanks. And uh Tatum26Bell, I suppose you must have been getting snacks when Clement got knocked in the leg?

RunYouOver
05-24-2006, 08:16 PM
This was the kind of game the Yankees-Sox series is all about. Good game Yanks. And uh Tatum26Bell, I suppose you must have been getting snacks when Clement got knocked in the leg?

I saw him fall down pitching, and I saw trainers come out later, but I don't exactly remember him getting hit in leg....so yeah, I must've missed that.

Yes, this is what the series is about, and I expect it to come down to games like this until the end of the season, like last year....except this time, Toronto could be in it too. :eek:

Southstander
05-24-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm not to thrilled that my Sox lost last night, but we are stil leading the East

WABronco
05-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Matt Clement blows chunks. He's the Boston version of Gil Meche/Joel Pineiro.

LiquidBlue
05-25-2006, 01:27 PM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9943/joshy1nl.jpg

BECK TONIGHT!!!

7:05 EST, Fenway Park, TV: NESN and ESPN Radio: WEEI in Boston (850 AM).

Medford Bronco
05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Matt Clement blows chunks. He's the Boston version of Gil Meche/Joel Pineiro.

No he is the Boston version of Lance Carter. He sucks real bad :eek:

The Sox made a mistake in not signing Derek Lowe at the time. There is no comparison between the two. :coffee:

LiquidBlue
05-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah I couldn't believe we got rid of Lowe. Or Hanley frickin Ramirez. Boy would I give anything to have him right now. But I suppose Beckett and Lowell are good enough to get for him.

LiquidBlue
05-25-2006, 07:33 PM
GREAT game for the Sox. Only downside would be the runners stranded. We need to work on that.

Medford Bronco
05-26-2006, 07:19 AM
GREAT game for the Sox. Only downside would be the runners stranded. We need to work on that.

LB this has been a problem for the Sox since the beginnig of time. They have always struggle with LOB except in 04 and we know what happend that year :beer:

LiquidBlue
05-26-2006, 07:33 AM
LB this has been a problem for the Sox since the beginnig of time. They have always struggle with LOB except in 04 and we know what happend that year :beer:

Yeah, Beckett was stellar too yesterday, I was very pleased.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, Beckett was stellar too yesterday, I was very pleased.
Solid for sure, but how pleased can you be when he throws 100 pitches in 6 innings against the devil rays?

LiquidBlue
05-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Solid for sure, but how pleased can you be when he throws 100 pitches in 6 innings against the devil rays?

What do you expect from a fastballer? :coffee:

LiquidBlue
05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
http://207.126.125.98/albums/galasso/david_wells_sox.sized.jpg

boomer tonight. :ugh: :sick:

keithbishop
05-26-2006, 02:59 PM
boomer tonight. :ugh: :sick:

C'mon..... It looks like he has lost weight ;) . CP for the cartoon.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-26-2006, 04:35 PM
What do you expect from a fastballer? :coffee:
Welllll, i expect less than 100 pitches over 6 innings, at least if you want a 'stellar' performance.

LiquidBlue
05-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Welllll, i expect less than 100 pitches over 6 innings, at least if you want a 'stellar' performance.

Someone who throws a lot of fastballs is going to throw a lot of pitches as fastballs are tipped a lot which causes long AB's.

Southstander
05-26-2006, 10:32 PM
A caller on JT the Brick said more and more rumors are coming up that The Rocket will be back in Bean town this season :beer:

keithbishop
05-26-2006, 10:38 PM
I am sorry to see that David Wells got hurt. He pitched very well.... 1 ER in 4 and 1/3 IP before the injury, a shot off his knee. Initial tests didn't reveal a major injury, but more tests will have to be run. There isn't a player in any sport I wish to see have a career-ending injury.

I'm not saying he won't pitch again this year, but if that's the case, David Wells had a fantastic career and will always be one of my favorite Yankees. :salute:

keithbishop
05-26-2006, 10:44 PM

Bumping this one......... damn right he was better. Because he's David Wells, that's how I knew. Healthy players tend to perform better than injured players :duh: .

I never thought I would make an argument FOR a red sox player, but It still bothers me that a red sox fan could say David Wells sucked in 2005.

Wells sucked to the tune of a 15-7 record in 30 starts. In 184 IP, he had 107 K and 21 BB and a 4.45 ERA. The ERA is a bit high, but, unfortunately, in today's AL, that is middle-of-the pack. For instance, this season, a 4.45 ERA would rank 26th out of 49 starting pitchers with enough innings to qualify for the ERA lead. A 5 to 1 K to BB ratio (which Wells has had in each of the last 3 seasons) is excellent. Seems like a solid year for someone who was 42 last season.

Take away Wells 15 wins last year and the red sox would not have made the playoffs. Wells turned 43 on May 20th.

LiquidBlue
05-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Bumping this one......... damn right he was better. Because he's David Wells, that's how I knew. Healthy players tend to perform better than injured players :duh: .

I never thought I would make an argument FOR a red sox player, but It still bothers me that a red sox fan could say David Wells sucked in 2005.

Wells sucked to the tune of a 15-7 record in 30 starts. In 184 IP, he had 107 K and 21 BB and a 4.45 ERA. The ERA is a bit high, but, unfortunately, in today's AL, that is middle-of-the pack. For instance, this season, a 4.45 ERA would rank 26th out of 49 starting pitchers with enough innings to qualify for the ERA lead. A 5 to 1 K to BB ratio (which Wells has had in each of the last 3 seasons) is excellent. Seems like a solid year for someone who was 42 last season.

Take away Wells 15 wins last year and the red sox would not have made the playoffs. Wells turned 43 on May 20th.

If we had Beckett last year we still would have. It just seemed to me that the games I saw him on TV he would choke.

LiquidBlue
05-27-2006, 07:24 AM
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/286/curt1kg.jpg

SCHILL TONIGHT!!!!

keithbishop
05-27-2006, 09:33 AM
If we had Beckett last year we still would have. It just seemed to me that the games I saw him on TV he would choke.

Hey, I love your sig. Damon's leadoff HR Tuesday night had to sting, didn't it?? :beer:

Beckett?? LOL, OK. If the Red Sox had Mariano Rivera last year, the Yankees would have missed the playoffs. I'm just talking about the players the red sox DID have in 2005.

I understand about seeing someone pitch poorly and thinking they had a bad season..... the games we see on TV stand out a lot more than the ones we read about. Wells had some bad starts, but he had more good starts than bad.
The red sox hitters failed him in the playoffs..... Wells allowed 2 ER in 7 IP, which should always be good enough for a win.

Wells had rough months in April and May, but pitched very well from May 25th through the end of the year.

Starting May 25th:
Poor Starts: June 26, Aug. 17, Sept. 9, Sept. 19
Acceptable Starts: June 3, June 20, July 2, July 7, August 6
Good starts: July 25, Aug. 12, Sept. 25, Sept. 30
Excellent Starts: May 29 (8.1 IP, 2 ER), June 14 (7 IP, 0 ER), July 15 (7 IP, 1 ER),
July 20 (7 IP, 2 ER), July 30 (7 IP, 2 ER), Aug. 28 (7 IP, 2 ER), Sept. 4 (CG, 1 ER)

keithbishop
05-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Damn............ I'm a red sox apologist :eek: . As long as I'm sticking up for David Wells, I suppose it's OK.

Southstander
05-27-2006, 06:23 PM
I think it is that you are about to change your Evil ways, and come to the light

LiquidBlue
05-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Schill gets career win 200, Johnny Paps gets 18th save of the season in as many attempts! :beer:

Southstander
05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Schill gets career win 200, Johnny Paps gets 18th save of the season in as many attempts! :beer:

:beer: Gotta love it

keithbishop
05-27-2006, 10:23 PM
I think it is that you are about to change your Evil ways, and come to the light

Nope..... after this weekend's series, I'll go back to pulling for Baseball LITE: the Royals.

How's this for a slogan: "The Kansas City Royals--At Least We Have Above-Averege Infield Defense!!"

Too wordy?? ;)

keithbishop
05-28-2006, 03:25 AM
http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&lastline=179314&id=1471

Wells appears to be OK :beer: .... and, yes, he loves: :beer:

LiquidBlue
05-28-2006, 08:45 AM
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2132/timy8nr.jpg
TIMMY TODAY!!!!

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/04/12/PH2006041202296.jpg
Crisp to make Fenway return!

After 2 extended Spring Training games in Fort Meyers and a swell performance in Pawtuckett last night, Coco Crisp will make his return to Fenway today at 2:05 EST in CF and leading off. Last night in Pawtuckett, Crisp had 3 AB's, one walk and one single that went for 2 RBI's, on defense Coco recorded 2 put-outs that lead Pawtuckett's win 4-0 over the Norfolk Tides a AAA New York Mets affiliate.

Southstander
05-28-2006, 02:37 PM
http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&lastline=179314&id=1471

Wells appears to be OK :beer: .... and, yes, he loves: :beer:

That is good news, for Boomer

keithbishop
05-28-2006, 06:54 PM
That is good news, for Boomer

......and bad news for Papelbon, who is getting sent to AAA while Wells takes over as closer ;) .

Southstander
05-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Papy (Not Ortiz) will be back

Medford Bronco
05-28-2006, 08:57 PM
What a great game to end on the TB runner being throw out by Willie harris of all people at the plate to end the game.

I am a bit worried with Timilin on the shelf now. I would bring up Hansen. Seanez sucks (3 BB in the 9th and Tavarez was not much better) papplebon needed a rest (4 days in a row pitching) and they are now thin back there.

Big week with Toronto, Det and NY on the road. We will see what happens. :salute:

Southstander
05-28-2006, 09:33 PM
I think the roadie could make or break the early part of the season

Southstander
05-29-2006, 10:08 PM
We are still one Game Ahead of the rest. LET THE THREE WAY DANCE BEGIN

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 06:47 AM

I agree with you south, however we need to get rid of Clement or at least banish to the bullpen, he sucks real bad :eek:

Bring up Hansen and put him in at least the bullpen. David Riske is awful as well. The Timlin injury really hurts this team right now.

I also hope John Lester can come up at some point as well.

LiquidBlue
05-30-2006, 11:36 AM
I agree with you south, however we need to get rid of Clement or at least banish to the bullpen, he sucks real bad :eek:

Bring up Hansen and put him in at least the bullpen. David Riske is awful as well. The Timlin injury really hurts this team right now.

I also hope John Lester can come up at some point as well.

Tim wasn't seeing much action anyhow.

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 11:53 AM

Timilin is a lot more trustworthy than Riske, Seanez and Foulke (although Foulke is okay)

We need Hansen and Lester to get rid of Clement who sucks and Riske (his name says it all :eek: )

RunYouOver
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM

Wait...If Toronto and NY win tonight, it's a 3 way tie.

:eek:

LiquidBlue
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Wait...If Toronto and NY win tonight, it's a 3 way tie.

:eek:

Assuming we lose tonight... :confused:

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 12:47 PM

Liquid, who is pitching for both teams :confused:

LiquidBlue
05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Liquid, who is pitching for both teams :confused:

My boy Beckett vs. Chacin, whom we owned the last time against him I believe, may have been the second to last time.

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 12:58 PM
My boy Beckett vs. Chacin, whom we owned the last time against him I believe, may have been the second to last time.

As long as Beckett goes 8 IP. I do not want to see Riske, Tavarez or Foulke tonight. Beckett and Pappelbon and we will be fine :salute:

LiquidBlue
05-30-2006, 12:59 PM
As long as Beckett goes 8 IP. I do not want to see Riske, Tavarez or Foulke tonight. Beckett and Pappelbon and we will be fine :salute:

I see Beck going 7.5 or 8 innings maybe.

RunYouOver
05-30-2006, 01:04 PM

Well isn't Toronto playing Boston...so if Toronto wins tonight, I'm going to guess that means Boston lost :laugh:

By the way, I just checked. The Yankees are one game back, Blue Jays 2.5 back.....If Yankees and Blue Jays win tonight, it'll look like this:

1. Boston 30-20, 0 games back
2. New York 30-20, 0 games back
3. Toronto 29-22, 1 1/2 games back

LiquidBlue
05-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Well isn't Toronto playing Boston...so if Toronto wins tonight, I'm going to guess that means Boston lost :laugh:

By the way, I just checked. The Yankees are one game back, Blue Jays 2.5 back.....If Yankees and Blue Jays win tonight, it'll look like this:

1. Boston 30-20, 0 games back
2. New York 30-20, 0 games back
3. Toronto 29-22, 1 1/2 games back

Ik I was being cocky. :D

RunYouOver
05-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I see Beck going 7.5 or 8 innings maybe.

I'm going to say Toronto wins tonight 5-4. Beckett does well in 7 IP allowing a run or two, then Bullpen blows it.... :heh:

RunYouOver
05-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Ik I was being cocky. :D

Alright. :D

Don't under estimate the Blue Jays though.....they'll put up a good fight!

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm going to say Toronto wins tonight 5-4. Beckett does well in 7 IP allowing a run or two, then Bullpen blows it.... :heh:

i would not be surprised with Timlin out :ugh:

For us (liquid, South and myself), sorry TB, I hope they do not

Gyro
05-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Mwhahaha!

Our lineup is just too much for you guys, Rios, Wells, Glaus, Overbay, Hillenbrand, and so on, our lineup is just stacked, although our starting pitching is weak at the momet our bullpen makes up for that, I say Jays win it today 7-2! :D

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Timlin has appeared in almost half the games the sox have played.

LiquidBlue
05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Mwhahaha!

Our lineup is just too much for you guys, Rios, Wells, Glaus, Overbay, Hillenbrand, and so on, our lineup is just stacked, although our starting pitching is weak at the momet our bullpen makes up for that, I say Jays win it today 7-2! :D

YOUR lineup is stacked? LMAO.

Youk, Loretta, Papi, Manny, Trot, Tek, Coco, Lowell and Gonzo, I dunno if you can top that. And we have Beckett on the hill tonight.

Gyro
05-30-2006, 02:08 PM
YOUR lineup is stacked? LMAO.

Youk, Loretta, Papi, Manny, Trot, Tek, Coco, Lowell and Gonzo, I dunno if you can top that. And we have Beckett on the hill tonight.

Ohhhh, I'm shakin' in my boots!!!! :laugh:

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 02:08 PM

yeah and without him the bullpen is very shaky right now :eek:

LiquidBlue
05-30-2006, 02:42 PM

I meant as of late.

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Beckett sucked tonight at he gave up 4 HRS and 7 ER over 4 1/3. He just does not pitch well against Toronto for some reason. :ugh:

Also David Riske IS HORRIBLE. Bring up Hanson now please :heh:

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Ohhhh, I'm shakin' in my boots!!!! :laugh:

Why would you be with our shaky bullpen now. Also the Jays seem to own Beckett for some reason. They hit the Sh*t out of the ball again.

keithbishop
05-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Beckett has allowed as many HR (14) as he did in 2005. He'll be fine. Mussina hasn't had a bad start this year, but it happens to everyone eventually.

We have a tie for 1st place!!! :beer: :beer:

Giambi, 0 for 5 with 3 K's to start the game, hit a big HR in the 11th inning..... the Yankees added 4 insurance runs for an 11-6 victory over Detroit. 3 shutout innings (only 25 pitches :eek: ) for Rivera, who got the win. I was keeping an eye on the red sox on gameday as I watched the Yankees on MLBTV.

Medford Bronco
05-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Tonight the Sox go with a rookie David Pauley. I would have brought up John Lester before this guy from AA. IMHO

orangenblue420
05-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Whos tied baby - whos tied?????????????????????? :cheeky:

Thats what im talking bout - bioaaaatttttccccchhhhh :D

PS - Red Socks Suck

RunYouOver
05-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Whos tied baby - whos tied?????????????????????? :cheeky:

Thats what im talking bout - bioaaaatttttccccchhhhh :D

PS - Red Socks Suck

That's right!

Go Yankees!

keithbishop
05-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Clemens officially re-signed with the Astros. Good move for him and his family. :salute: .

I can't believe his name was linked to boston. The red sox organizaton treated him like dirt in his final season there. The (ex)GM gets blamed for saying Clemens was in the "Twilight of his career".............. but where was the retraction from sox ownership??

keithbishop
05-31-2006, 05:29 PM
From ESPN's bottom line: Wily Mo Pena had surgery and will miss approximately 2 months.

Southstander
05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
We can't catch a break in CF. Is this the Curse of Damon :confused: :eek:

Southstander
05-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Clemens officially re-signed with the Astros. Good move for him and his family. :salute: .

I can't believe his name was linked to boston. The red sox organizaton treated him like dirt in his final season there. The (ex)GM gets blamed for saying Clemens was in the "Twilight of his career".............. but where was the retraction from sox ownership??

:mad: It would have been nice to see him end it where it began with a WS win

Gyro
05-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Wow, anyone see the Vernster last night, 3 home runs!!! :eek:

LiquidBlue
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Wow, anyone see the Vernster last night, 3 home runs!!! :eek:

Wow anyone see Papi, Loretta, Manny and Trot tonight? Totalled for 4 homahs. Oh and is that Papelbon with 19 saves in as many attempts?

keithbishop
05-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Still tied for 1st.

6-1 Yankees win.

Performance of the night goes to Mike Mussina :salute: .

CG 101 Pitches 6 H 1 BB 5 K 1 R (unearned). 7-1 2.42 ERA. He hasn't had a bad start this year.

Did I mention the Yankees played without Jeter, Damon and Sheffield??

Southstander
05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow against the Tigers, Even a broken clock is right twice a day

keithbishop
05-31-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm thrilled after taking 3 straight from the team with the best record in baseball :beer: .

Southstander
05-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Congrats KB, oh by the way how was the B-day

keithbishop
06-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Congrats KB, oh by the way how was the B-day

Awesome. Jerry had a blast (Daddy did , too :D ). We have been watching A LOT of baseball. He doesn't want to miss a pitch of the Yankee games. He's getting pretty familiar with the players. We keep pitch counts for the starting pitchers and take turns yelling at the umpires......... That's My Boy!!! :salute:

Southstander
06-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Other then the whole Yankee thing :D sounds like you are raising him right :beer:

keithbishop
06-01-2006, 08:04 PM
boston is back in first.... 1/2 game ahead of the yankees.

Southstander
06-01-2006, 11:42 PM
boston is back in first.... 1/2 game ahead of the yankees.
I love it :beer:

Medford Bronco
06-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Awesome. Jerry had a blast (Daddy did , too :D ). We have been watching A LOT of baseball. He doesn't want to miss a pitch of the Yankee games. He's getting pretty familiar with the players. We keep pitch counts for the starting pitchers and take turns yelling at the umpires......... That's My Boy!!! :salute:

LOL you are starting him early. Great job KB :salute:

Two guys on the Sox farm that I predict will be up in a month or so are John Lester and Craig Hansen. These prospects will add depth to this team and have them contend all year.

BTW how is Dotel looking in rehab?

LiquidBlue
06-02-2006, 07:12 PM
SAWX WIN! TAKE FIRST GAME OUT OF TIGERS! JOHNNY PAPS SAVE #20! :beer: :beer:

Southstander
06-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Great news Blue :D :beer:

RunYouOver
06-02-2006, 08:32 PM
SAWX WIN! TAKE FIRST GAME OUT OF TIGERS! JOHNNY PAPS SAVE #20! :beer: :beer:

Melky Cabrera is now a serious threat for Papelbon---As good as he's been--for AL ROTY.

It's hard to compare, because one's a hitter, and one's a pitcher but Melky's proved to be great at the plate AND in the field....he's tied for the league lead in assists.

keithbishop
06-03-2006, 01:22 AM
LOL you are starting him early. Great job KB :salute:

Two guys on the Sox farm that I predict will be up in a month or so are John Lester and Craig Hansen. These prospects will add depth to this team and have them contend all year.

BTW how is Dotel looking in rehab?

So Far, so good. He should pitch in some minor league games in the next week or so. He was to start throwing his slider today. Look for him to be in pinstripes in about 3 weeks.

keithbishop
06-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Melky Cabrera is now a serious threat for Papelbon---As good as he's been--for AL ROTY.

It's hard to compare, because one's a hitter, and one's a pitcher but Melky's proved to be great at the plate AND in the field....he's tied for the league lead in assists.

Possibly....but I wouldn't bet on it. It's still very early in the year.
I'm still wondering why Matsui didn't win the award..... though Ichiro did. Matsui's experience in japan was held against him.......... but I digress.....

Good comeback for boston tonight..... great duel between Schilling and The Gambler. Todd Jones...... I like the guy, but I don't like the idea of a soft-throwing closer.

LiquidBlue
06-03-2006, 09:40 AM

You've got to be kidding me right? :coffee:

RunYouOver
06-03-2006, 10:43 AM
You've got to be kidding me right? :coffee:

Not one bit.....open you're eyes LB, there's more than just one impressive AL Rookie this year, besides Cabrera and Papelbon, that kid on Detroit Justin Verlander is just as good....ERA under 3.

I'm not saying that Papelbon isn't the hands down ROTY right now...he's played unbelieveable, and if he keeps on his pace right now, he should be the unanimous choice. Don't think I'm saying he's not the ROTY right now, because he certainly is....it's if he slows down, he's going to have some serious competition. :beer:

LiquidBlue
06-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Not one bit.....open you're eyes LB, there's more than just one impressive AL Rookie this year, besides Cabrera and Papelbon, that kid on Detroit Justin Verlander is just as good....ERA under 3.

I'm not saying that Papelbon isn't the hands down ROTY right now...he's played unbelieveable, and if he keeps on his pace right now, he should be the unanimous choice. Don't think I'm saying he's not the ROTY right now, because he certainly is....it's if he slows down, he's going to have some serious competition. :beer:

I just don't see how you could say that Melky is a threat to Papelbon. Melky has only what 70 some at-bats and 20 games? I don't see how that is a threat that is all I'm saying. Plus technically neither Melky nor Paps are rookies.

Southstander
06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I just don't see how you could say that Melky is a threat to Papelbon. Melky has only what 70 some at-bats and 20 games? I don't see how that is a threat that is all I'm saying. Plus technically neither Melky nor Paps are rookies.

You have to be a rookie to win the ROY :confused:

:D

keithbishop
06-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I love the "Johnny Demon" stuff.........

Johnny Damon hit the game-winning HR in the 10th inning, and the Yankees take over 1st place. This is going to be another battle to the wire.

Here's to you, Johnny: :salute: :beer:

LiquidBlue
06-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Lol, even though the Sox lost, it was a good day for me, Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen are on my fantasy team haha. :beer: And so is Bonderman, he had a decent game too.

keithbishop
06-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Lol, even though the Sox lost, it was a good day for me, Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen are on my fantasy team haha. :beer: And so is Bonderman, he had a decent game too.

Bonderman is a very impressive young pitcher. He pitched into the 9th inning vs. the Yankees last Monday.

RunYouOver
06-04-2006, 08:21 AM

He has like 80-85 by now, and he's still batting over .305.

If he can keep it up, and put up about....400-450 at bats, and continue to hit over .305 then that's got to make you a contender......unless Papelbon has over 50 saves by then. :heh:

PATS FAN in PA
06-04-2006, 08:51 AM

it's not hard to compare . . . papelbon is currently performing better than anyone else at the closer position . . . that's not to say he is the best at that position . . . i would never say that after only 44 career appearances as a closer and setup man . . . but 20 saves . . . a 0.32 era . . . 28 innings . . . only 13 hits and 3 walks while striking out 26 . . . i'm not saying he is going to keep this exact pace up but at this point in time nobody is even close

melky is batting .304 with no homers and 10 rbis . . . that's good for a rook but he has only played in 22 games . . . we'll see if he is going to be a serious contender but he's not right now . . . as for his play in the field, that usually doesn't do much for the voters unless the race is really close . . . if papelbon and melky keep up the same pace they are currently on, melky won't even be in the conversation

as for this other guy verlander . . . 7-3 with a 3.13 era is good for a rook . . . actually good for any starting pitcher . . . but once again, it doesn't come close to what papelbon is doing . . . but if verlander finishes with 20 wins and keeps the era in the low 3s he'll be a contender . . . realistically, i don't see that happening . . . papelbon has a better shot at keeping up his pace than verlander . . . verlander will not only have to pitch well, his relief will have to pitch well and not give up any wins of his . . . my guess is he'll tail off winning maybe 15 games with an era around 4.00 . . . we'll see

RunYouOver
06-04-2006, 08:56 AM
it's not hard to compare . . . papelbon is currently performing better than anyone else at the closer position . . . that's not to say he is the best at that position . . . i would never say that after only 44 career appearances as a closer and setup man . . . but 20 saves . . . a 0.32 era . . . 28 innings . . . only 13 hits and 3 walks while striking out 26 . . . i'm not saying he is going to keep this exact pace up but at this point in time nobody is even close

melky is batting .304 with no homers and 10 rbis . . . that's good for a rook but he has only played in 22 games . . . we'll see if he is going to be a serious contender but he's not right now . . . as for his play in the field, that usually doesn't do much for the voters unless the race is really close . . . if papelbon and melky keep up the same pace they are currently on, melky won't even be in the conversation

as for this other guy verlander . . . 7-3 with a 3.13 era is good for a rook . . . actually good for any starting pitcher . . . but once again, it doesn't come close to what papelbon is doing . . . but if verlander finishes with 20 wins and keeps the era in the low 3s he'll be a contender . . . realistically, i don't see that happening . . . papelbon has a better shot at keeping up his pace than verlander . . . verlander will not only have to pitch well, his relief will have to pitch well and not give up any wins of his . . . my guess is he'll tail off winning maybe 15 games with an era around 4.00 . . . we'll see

Oh I know, don't get me wrong....I didn't mean if it ended now Melky has a great shot at ROTY, I meant if he can keep it up, and Papelbon slows down a little....say finishes with about 30-35 saves with a 2.00 ERA, then Melky has a shot.

If Papelbon continues at this pace he should be the unanimous ROTY.

RunYouOver
06-04-2006, 08:57 AM
AL EAST Standings
1. Yankees 33-21
2. Red Sox 32-21 0.5 Games back
3. Toronto 31-23 2.0 Games back
4. Baltimore 25-31 9.0 Games back
5. Tampa Bay 22-34 12.0 Games back

NJBRONCOSFAN
06-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Is Papelbon actually a rookie though? He had quite a few appearances last year, and I believe one only needs to be on the active roster for 40 days to lose eligibility as a rookie.

keithbishop
06-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Is Papelbon actually a rookie though? He had quite a few appearances last year, and I believe one only needs to be on the active roster for 40 days to lose eligibility as a rookie.

Looking at his 2005 game log, he was on the active roster from August 16th through the end of the season. He also pitched a game or 2 for boston before August 16th. I didn't remember exactly what the requirement was to still be a rookie, but 40 days sounds right.

keithbishop
06-04-2006, 03:22 PM
boston is back in 1st place. Toronto and the Yankees both lost today.

Southstander
06-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Right back where we belong

PATS FAN in PA
06-04-2006, 06:18 PM

yes, he is a rookie . . . he was rookie of the month in april 2006

Southstander
06-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Well there you have it then

PATS FAN in PA
06-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh I know, don't get me wrong....I didn't mean if it ended now Melky has a great shot at ROTY, I meant if he can keep it up, and Papelbon slows down a little....say finishes with about 30-35 saves with a 2.00 ERA, then Melky has a shot.

If Papelbon continues at this pace he should be the unanimous ROTY.

i see what your saying . . . i don't think he'll end with that few saves unless he starts going south or he gets injured . . . but if his numbers ended up around 35 saves with a 2.00 era, he'd probably not be in contention because he'd have had a pretty mediocre 2nd half . . . i'll be curious to see if melky can continue hitting above .300

Southstander
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
:D . i'll be curious to see if melky can continue hitting above .300
He wont :D

LiquidBlue
06-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Let the games begin Spankees. :goofy: