PDA

View Full Version : The Official LA Dodger Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Medford Bronco
05-23-2006, 08:57 PM
We have an evil empire thread and Red Sox Nation Thread how about a Dodger thread.

To start they have been playing great winning 13 of 16 and have hit the crap out of the ball. I just hope it continues.

Now to list my all time favorite Dodgers'

1B Steve Garvey and Bill Buckner before his ankle was shattered
2B Davy Lopes
SS Alfredo Griffin and Bill Russell
3B Ron Cey
LF Pedro Guerrero
CF Kirk Gibson and JD Drew
RF Mike Marshall
C Mike Scoicia and Paul LoDuca (never should have been traded IMHO)

SP Orel Hershiser
SP Fernando Valenzuela
SP Bob Welch
SP Chan Ho Park (yes he was actually good when here :eek: )
SP Tim Belcher

RP Eric Gagne
RP Jay Howell
RP Terry Forester
RP Charlie Hough

and to manage Tommy Lasorda

This was a fun list to do

keithbishop
05-23-2006, 09:49 PM
We have an evil empire thread and Red Sox Nation Thread how about a Dodger thread.

To start they have been playing great winning 13 of 16 and have hit the crap out of the ball. I just hope it continues.

2B Davy Lopes
3B Ron Cey
LF Pedro Guerrero
RF Mike Marshall

SP Orel Hershiser
SP Fernando Valenzuela
SP Bob Welch
SP Tim Belcher

RP Eric Gagne
RP Jay Howell
RP Terry Forester
RP Charlie Hough

Great players....especially the relief pitchers and air-tight infield defense. Fernando Valenzuela was amazing !!

In-com-plete
05-25-2006, 06:43 AM

2B Davy Lopes
3B Ron Cey
LF Pedro Guerrero
RF Mike Marshall

SP Orel Hershiser
SP Fernando Valenzuela
SP Bob Welch
SP Tim Belcher

RP Eric Gagne
RP Jay Howell
RP Terry Forester
RP Charlie Hough

Come on Med. There's no need for a Dodger thread. I mean ESPNEWS doesn't even show the Dodger highlights but about half the time. Besides, I was starting to think MLB only had two teams. And we've already got threads for those teams. ;)

I've only been a Dodger fan since '91 so all those guys like Gibson and Fernando and Ron Cey are kinda before "my time".

1B Eric Karros
2B Delino DeShields & Eric Young
SS Rafael Furcal (Sad, but we haven't had anyone good there since I became a fan)
3B Adrian Beltre
LF Mondesi (Although he should probably be in right...god he had a cannon)
CF Brett Butler
RF Darryl Strawberry (The reason I became a Dodger fan)
C Paul LoDuca (Piazza is close but both should have never have been traded)

P Chan Ho Park (He was good while a Dodger)
P Kevin Brown (I loved his red-ass attitude)
P Ramon Martinez
P Eric Gagne

Calif. Bronco
05-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Well since the thread's been made I'll throw in my 2 cents on the alltime team, both players I saw and, in a few noted cases, the legends Daddy and others told me about:

1B - Garvey
2B - Lopes (obviously the alltime would be Jackie though)
SS - Izturis (Vin Scully said he is the best fielding shortstop they've ever had)
3B - Cey
LF - Baker
CF - Willie Davis (although obviously Duke Snyder would be king in an alltime team)
RF - Gibson (he gave me my greatest thrill in sports on a cool night in 1988 so he has to be on here somewhere)
C - Piazza (although Campy would probably nip him in an alltime list)
SP - Sutton
SP - Fernando
SP - Welch (I don't think he was one of the best but he was fun)
SP - Koufax (never saw him but Dad says he was the best ever for a relatively short period of time
SP - Drysdale (see note on Sandy and add the words "second best")
RP - Gagne
RP - Steve Howe
RP - Charlie Hough (remember this is a favorites list - seeing him "close" games with that knuckler was hilarious)

In-com-plete
05-25-2006, 11:20 AM
I have to say, this is the best thread on Broncomania. ;)

Just letting you guys know I'm going to see them play tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon. They're coming to Montre...uh, I mean DC. It's pretty much my only opportunity unless I want to drive 4+ hours. So I just want to apologize ahead of time for ending their hot streak. It seems like every time I catch them they lose.

Calif. Bronco
05-25-2006, 11:27 AM

Just letting you guys know I'm going to see them play tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon. They're coming to Montre...uh, I mean DC. It's pretty much my only opportunity unless I want to drive 4+ hours. So I just want to apologize ahead of time for ending their hot streak. It seems like every time I catch them they lose.

Well, since they're a streaky team, maybe they'll turn it around and win for you! ;)

I actually have been as streaky as them this year (meaning how they play when I go) - at the beginning of the year they lost every time I went and won when I gave the tix away. The last two homestands, however, they've won every time I've went! Of course they won every game on this homestand so that helped I guess! :duh:

So In-Com, are you going to be wearing a Dodger jersey? They sometimes show Dodger fans on the telecast from away games and I figure that won't be that many there so you might get shown if you do.

Medford Bronco
05-25-2006, 11:53 AM

Good luck at the game and they are going to continue to win against the hapless Sens. Nomar is en fuego :salute:

In-com-plete
05-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Well, since they're a streaky team, maybe they'll turn it around and win for you! ;)

I actually have been as streaky as them this year (meaning how they play when I go) - at the beginning of the year they lost every time I went and won when I gave the tix away. The last two homestands, however, they've won every time I've went! Of course they won every game on this homestand so that helped I guess! :duh:

So In-Com, are you going to be wearing a Dodger jersey? They sometimes show Dodger fans on the telecast from away games and I figure that won't be that many there so you might get shown if you do.
I don't have a jersey. I've got about 8 Dodger shirts and about that many hats, but I've never invested in a jersey. It seems like we have alot of turnover and I haven't really been confident in spending that much on a jersey when I don't know how long someone will be around. But I've got two of those T-shirts with the name and number on the back though. One's Milton Bradley (can't wear that one) and the other's Gagne which I plan on wearing tomorrow. I was planning on buying a J.D. Drew one, but put it off and never got around to it.

Calif. Bronco
05-25-2006, 12:23 PM
It seems like we have alot of turnover and I haven't really been confident in spending that much on a jersey when I don't know how long someone will be around.

I feel the same way, especially with those prices! :ugh: That's why when I bought mine years ago (it was the year they went back to the scripted "Los Angeles" on their gray away jerseys) I purposely didn't get anything on the back. The only time I would get a player's name on the back would be if I got a guy who was an alltime great or something (like my Rod Smith jersey).

As for tomorrow, if you wear your Dodger hat you may get on. Stand up and scream like crazy when Nomar or Drew belt one out and I'll look for you!

Medford Bronco
05-25-2006, 12:35 PM
I feel the same way, especially with those prices! :ugh: That's why when I bought mine years ago (it was the year they went back to the scripted "Los Angeles" on their gray away jerseys) I purposely didn't get anything on the back. The only time I would get a player's name on the back would be if I got a guy who was an alltime great or something (like my Rod Smith jersey).

As for tomorrow, if you wear your Dodger hat you may get on. Stand up and scream like crazy when Nomar or Drew belt one out and I'll look for you!

I will look for you on ESPNews as I do not get the games. :ugh:

As long as they win. I will wear my Dodger had as a Tribute. (I have no jerseys I only have a Dodger T shirt which is cool)

In-com-plete
05-25-2006, 12:59 PM

I'll probably be wearing my "blue Boston hat (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1734778&cp=1452355.1452790.714912&parentPage=family)" as one of my friends calls it. But it looks goofy if I wear it normal so it'll be turned around backwards.

I will look for you on ESPNews as I do not get the games. :ugh:

As long as they win. I will wear my Dodger had as a Tribute. (I have no jerseys I only have a Dodger T shirt which is cool)
ESPNEWS :mad: They seem to only show Dodger highlights about half the time. I get up a half hour early every morning to see some highlights, but it's about 50/50. Unless they're playing the Cards or Giants or Mets. I've pretty much given up on Sportcenter because they don't show the box score.

Medford Bronco
05-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I'll probably be wearing my "blue Boston hat (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1734778&cp=1452355.1452790.714912&parentPage=family)" as one of my friends calls it. But it looks goofy if I wear it normal so it'll be turned around backwards.

ESPNEWS :mad: They seem to only show Dodger highlights about half the time. I get up a half hour early every morning to see some highlights, but it's about 50/50. Unless they're playing the Cards or Giants or Mets. I've pretty much given up on Sportcenter because they don't show the box score.

Make sure you wear your blue Boston hat. :laugh:

I hope to see you on FSN Prime ticket. I have the LA station that shows the highlights after the game at 1 am. That is why I forgot to list it earlier. :eek:

In-com-plete
05-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Make sure you wear your blue Boston hat. :laugh:

I hope to see you on FSN Prime ticket. I have the LA station that shows the highlights after the game at 1 am. That is why I forgot to list it earlier. :eek:
He told me that today but he knows it's a Dodger hat. You'd be surprised how many people don't. They'll say something like "Nice hat man. GO SAWKS!" When I tell them it's a Dodger hat they can't believe it. I'd say I've gotten atleast a half dozen compliments like that. You'd think if they were Red Sox fans they'd know it wasn't a Red Sox hat.

I dropped my sports package once the Sopranos came on so I don't have that channel anymore. But in 2-3 weeks I'll pick it up again. Mainly for FSN Rocky Mntn though. Broncos first, Dodgers second. That's how I roll. :)

Calif. Bronco
05-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Mainly for FSN Rocky Mntn though. Broncos first, Dodgers second. That's how I roll. :)

OK I know this is the Dodger thread but I have to whine a little - I don't have DirecTV at my new place so I can't get FSN Rocky Mountain like I did last year. This football season I'm MAJOR going to miss it! :mad:

Calif. Bronco
05-26-2006, 10:21 PM

The Sox have the Curse of the Bambino, the Cubs have their goat, and now we have The Curse of In-com! :laugh: Did we get smoked tonight or what? :eek:

In-com-plete
05-28-2006, 09:08 AM
The Sox have the Curse of the Bambino, the Cubs have their goat, and now we have The Curse of In-com! :laugh: Did we get smoked tonight or what? :eek:
Friday nights game was awful. In the first six innings we had one hit. Aybar got a single and tried to stretch it but got thrown out at second. And it seemed like half of the Nats hits were extra base hits. I was actually thinking I'm jinxed.

But Saturdays game was cool. I was on the 3rd base line, 4 rows off the field and about mid way between third and the fence. The ticket was $50 but I got it for only $20. It was funny cause I sat beside the guy that sold me the ticket and he had zero knowledge of the Dodgers. Same thing for this guy sitting behind me. One of them would say "Is that the ex Indian Kenny Loften?" Then the other would say "Is that Jeff Kent from the Giants?" Then they'd say "Whoever that SS is, he has a cannon?"

I thought about going up to todays game, but it's two hours from my house and I just don't feel like being on the road 4 hours today.

Calif. Bronco
05-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Well at least the "curse" is over! :wave: I went to a fair yesterday and only saw the last two innings. How cool was that when they turned to double play in the 8th to bail themselves out? Glad to hear you had a good time and Happy Birthday again! :beer:

In-com-plete
05-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Well at least the "curse" is over! :wave: I went to a fair yesterday and only saw the last two innings. How cool was that when they turned to double play in the 8th to bail themselves out? Glad to hear you had a good time and Happy Birthday again! :beer:
That was huge! I told the guy behind me the game was far from over when Baez came in. I said it'd either be 3 up 3 down or an adventure. He got that first out on that pop up then gave upt 2 hits or a walk and a hit. I was worried I will admit.

Calif. Bronco
05-29-2006, 09:18 AM
I thought about going up to todays game, but it's two hours from my house and I just don't feel like being on the road 4 hours today.

Me thinks you may have made the right decision in skipping yesterday's game In-Com! Good call :beer: :ugh:

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Me thinks you may have made the right decision in skipping yesterday's game In-Com! Good call

Yeah it was a good call as the Dodgers won. :laugh:
INC it was not you on Friday. The Dodgers were due to lose, it was just a coincidence (spelling) :D

Either way 29-22 is not bad considering they were I believe 12-17 at one point :salute:

In-com-plete
05-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah it was a good call as the Dodgers won. :laugh:
INC it was not you on Friday. The Dodgers were due to lose, it was just a coincidence (spelling) :D

Either way 29-22 is not bad considering they were I believe 12-17 at one point :salute:
Actually, Cali was talking about Sunday's game when we lost. I thought about driving up for that one also. It was on TV so I did get to watch it, but Grady looked like he was playing our split squad. Drew had a second consecutive day off. Furcal and Nomar got pulled pretty early. We started that rookie in center who struck out his first 3 times up. I'm glad I didn't head up for that game.

A month ago if you said we'd be 29-22 at this point I would have thought you were an idiot. I'll take that record in a second.

And how about Brad Penny getting all pissed off yesterday. I've heard he is a "firey" guy, but I've never seen it.

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Actually, Cali was talking about Sunday's game when we lost. I thought about driving up for that one also. It was on TV so I did get to watch it, but Grady looked like he was playing our split squad. Drew had a second consecutive day off. Furcal and Nomar got pulled pretty early. We started that rookie in center who struck out his first 3 times up. I'm glad I didn't head up for that game.

A month ago if you said we'd be 29-22 at this point I would have thought you were an idiot. I'll take that record in a second.

And how about Brad Penny getting all pissed off yesterday. I've heard he is a "firey" guy, but I've never seen it.

Well you made the right call. LOL The Dodgers play the Braves tonight again, but it is not on TBS :ugh: I miss the old days when TBS carried all the Braves or at least most of them.

Calif. Bronco
05-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Well the good news for me is they were on locally :D and the better news is they won again! :D The only downer is they were on early and my son wanted to go to McDonalds so I only saw a little bit of the game.

But once again they exploded with 5 runs late and won going away 8-3. They really are looking more and more like a pretty decent team and I absolutely love that they're doing it with all these kids. Ethier drove in 3 more runs tonight and they actually intentionally walked him late in the game (I was following the game on my cell-phone while my son was playing.)

Hey you guys heard Gagne's coming back Thursday, didn't you?

Medford Bronco
05-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Well the good news for me is they were on locally :D and the better news is they won again! The only downer is they were on early and my son wanted to go to McDonalds so I only saw a little bit of the game.

But once again they exploded with 5 runs late and won going away 8-3. They really are looking more and more like a pretty decent team and I absolutely love that they're doing it with all these kids. Ethier drove in 3 more runs tonight and they actually intentionally walked him late in the game (I was following the game on my cell-phone while my son was playing.)

Hey you guys heard Gagne's coming back Thursday, didn't you?

Well at least one of my teams won tonight :beer: I think this team can make a real run at the NL West this year. :salute:

In-com-plete
05-31-2006, 07:38 AM
I was checking out some of their stats and they're pretty impressive.

7th in batting average
2nd in runs (tied)
4th in triples
2nd in walks
4th in on base percentage (tied)
2nd in stolen bases (tied)

6th in HR allowed
3rd in ERA
10th in opponents batting average

That's not just in the NL, it's in MLB. We're either average or below average in most other catagories. But ERA, Opp. BA, BA, runs scored, and one base percentage are the main stats IMO. And we're pretty good or near the top in all of those.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-31-2006, 07:59 AM
What a turn around from what you dodger fans were feeling earlier this season!

So, guys, any thoughts on that catcher of yours? I just picked him up in fantasy..

What about Tomko? I know he's been pitching alright, do you think he's the real deal for this season?

Will Gagne become the closer immediately?

If any of this was addressed already, i apologize, i'm feeling lazy today!

Medford Bronco
05-31-2006, 08:47 AM

So, guys, any thoughts on that catcher of yours? I just picked him up in fantasy..

What about Tomko? I know he's been pitching alright, do you think he's the real deal for this season?

I like the way Tomko has pitched and he has an excellent career record at Dodger stadium so I would stick with him.

I do believe Gagne will close on Thursday or when the 1st opportunity arises.

Martin has been solid so far. I just hope he continues it. It is still early in his career though.

Calif. Bronco
05-31-2006, 09:47 AM

Martin is the real deal but, like Med says, he's young so he is bound to go through some growing pains, especially the second time through the league. The good news is, however, Grady says he isn't going anywhere when Navarro comes back and since he has a 38-year-old backup, he's going to get a ton of playing time the rest of the year.

I'm not nearly as optimistic about Tomko. I think the guy is basically an innings-eater who had been hot. He should stay in the rotation the whole year and be decent, but I sure don't expect him to continue pitching as well as he has.

As for Gagne, they haven't really said for sure, but he should be the closer pretty darn quick, if not right away. Apparently he hit 95 mph in both his rehab appearances and looks awesome. I hope so because I think if he steps up then the rest of the bullpen has a chance to round into shape nicely, with Baez, Saito, Beivel, and Broxton setting up on various days.

Medford Bronco
06-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Another win for the Dodgers. JD Drew with a dinger :beer: D Lowe has pitched so much better than his 4-3 record. His 2.68 ERA is proving that. Broxton has been excellent. I am looking forward to seeing Gagne soon.

I really believe this team can contend for the West. This is the best hitting they have had in 10 yrs. I would like them to add another starter and on reliever though :beer:

Southstander
06-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Gange should be back Soon, which will be a BIG help to the boys in Blue

MileHighStud
06-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Gange should be back Soon, which will be a BIG help to the boys in Blue

I have met gagne several times (bastard signed the armpit of my jersey) and I get the feeling he doesnt want to play for us anymore. Since the 04 Dodgers were ripped apart he has seemed completely different, Since LoDuca things for him appear to be a tad different on the minus side of things. I wish him the best. Definitely the best Closer I have ever seen and I would hate to lose him.

In-com-plete
06-02-2006, 05:34 AM
I have met gagne several times (bastard signed the armpit of my jersey) and I get the feeling he doesnt want to play for us anymore. Since the 04 Dodgers were ripped apart he has seemed completely different, Since LoDuca things for him appear to be a tad different on the minus side of things. I wish him the best. Definitely the best Closer I have ever seen and I would hate to lose him.
I know he was pissed after the '04 season. I think it was a combination of that trade and his contract. I don't remember exactly what happened with his contract, but he was wanting a long term deal and the Dodgers only gave him a one year extension or a two year deal. Maybe one of you guys remember the details. Either way, I'm pretty sure his contract is up at the end of this season.

After last season he ripped the orgaization saying the Dodgers are a top 3 or 4 organization and there is no excuse for finishing 20 games below .500. I've seen him on JRIB a couple times and he is very passionate towards the game and the Dodgers.

I heard he called Ned Colletti as soon as he was hired to welcome him to the orgaization. Colletti just thoght he was being nice and never thought anything about it. The very next day Gagne called him again and was asking what his plans were for the season and so on. I've never met Gagne, but from his interviews and what I've seen from him on tv he loves the Dodgers. I hope he comes back and is 80%+ what he was in '04. If so I think he'll get a long term deal at the end of the year. Unless the GD Yanks or Red Sox offer a ton of money for him.

Medford Bronco
06-02-2006, 06:21 AM
I know he was pissed after the '04 season. I think it was a combination of that trade and his contract. I don't remember exactly what happened with his contract, but he was wanting a long term deal and the Dodgers only gave him a one year extension or a two year deal. Maybe one of you guys remember the details. Either way, I'm pretty sure his contract is up at the end of this season.

After last season he ripped the orgaization saying the Dodgers are a top 3 or 4 organization and there is no excuse for finishing 20 games below .500. I've seen him on JRIB a couple times and he is very passionate towards the game and the Dodgers.

I heard he called Ned Colletti as soon as he was hired to welcome him to the orgaization. Colletti just thoght he was being nice and never thought anything about it. The very next day Gagne called him again and was asking what his plans were for the season and so on. I've never met Gagne, but from his interviews and what I've seen from him on tv he loves the Dodgers. I hope he comes back and is 80%+ what he was in '04. If so I think he'll get a long term deal at the end of the year. Unless the GD Yanks or Red Sox offer a ton of money for him.

Inc I agee with you. I hope he stays here for his whole career and is 80% of what he was in 03-04 and we will be fine. :beer:

Calif. Bronco
06-02-2006, 06:36 AM
It seems to me the Dodgers may have a real problem with Gagne. I mean he has now had two arm operations and missed almost a year-and-a-half. Common sense would say that this doesn't merit a 3-5 year, $60-$75 million deal, but assuming he comes back the last four months of this year and looks good, that's what he'll want.

I also hope he stays here forever, but I also want them to be careful. I would hate to see them get locked into him for a long time and then get burned, a la Dreifort. Of course, I would also hate to see them let him go and he goes on and closes for the next 10 years and goes into the HOF wearing another hat.

By the way, according to the Times yesterday, Grady says Gagne is definitely his closer right now. Obviously they didn't need him last night, but the first save situation this weekend he's in.

In-com-plete
06-02-2006, 07:25 AM
It seems to me the Dodgers may have a real problem with Gagne. I mean he has now had two arm operations and missed almost a year-and-a-half. Common sense would say that this doesn't merit a 3-5 year, $60-$75 million deal, but assuming he comes back the last four months of this year and looks good, that's what he'll want.

I also hope he stays here forever, but I also want them to be careful. I would hate to see them get locked into him for a long time and then get burned, a la Dreifort. Of course, I would also hate to see them let him go and he goes on and closes for the next 10 years and goes into the HOF wearing another hat.

By the way, according to the Times yesterday, Grady says Gagne is definitely his closer right now. Obviously they didn't need him last night, but the first save situation this weekend he's in.
I think Gagne would be happy with a 3 year deal. And I think he would take a less money to stay a Dodger. But he's pretty much the face of the franchise so they'll have to pay him a little more than normal. Assuming he atleast shows he can be close to what he once was.

Hey Cali, what ever happened to Dreifort? He signed that 5 year 55 mill contract after the '00 season and didn't do squat. But is he out of baseball or what?

Medford Bronco
06-02-2006, 10:24 AM
I think Gagne would be happy with a 3 year deal. And I think he would take a less money to stay a Dodger. But he's pretty much the face of the franchise so they'll have to pay him a little more than normal. Assuming he atleast shows he can be close to what he once was.

Hey Cali, what ever happened to Dreifort? He signed that 5 year 55 mill contract after the '00 season and didn't do squat. But is he out of baseball or what?

I agree with you INC. I hope he stays. Are you going to break out the Gagne avy soon :beer:

Cali what did happen to Dreifort. He is the Pervus Ellison of MLB. :laugh:

In-com-plete
06-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I agree with you INC. I hope he stays. Are you going to break out the Gagne avy soon :beer:
I'm affraid to. I had a Milton Bradley one last season. We sucked and he got traded. I had an Andre Rison one up for awhile and he got arrested...again. I had a Plummer one during the season and we drafted Cutler. I had a Pit Bull one and...well, my dogs fine. But I had that Gagne one for a couple few weeks he got put on the DL while our Dodgers looked horrible.

I'm just affraid Christopher's going to get whacked on Sunday. :eek:

You should strap one on. But if he goes back on the DL, I'll know who to blame. ;)

Medford Bronco
06-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm affraid to. I had a Milton Bradley one last season. We sucked and he got traded. I had an Andre Rison one up for awhile and he got arrested...again. I had a Plummer one during the season and we drafted Cutler. I had a Pit Bull one and...well, my dogs fine. But I had that Gagne one for a couple few weeks he got put on the DL while our Dodgers looked horrible.

I'm just affraid Christopher's going to get whacked on Sunday. :eek:

You should strap one on. But if he goes back on the DL, I'll know who to blame. ;)

For me, no different avy until after the Stanley Cup Finals. Then maybe a Hershiser one as he is my all time favorite Dodger. :salute:

Calif. Bronco
06-02-2006, 12:23 PM

The Times ran a feature on him a few weeks back actually. He moved out of state but didn't like it so he moved back to SoCal and lives in one of the rich (thanks to Kevin Malone) beach communities south of me. He is done with baseball. The Dodgers were actually able to collect an insurance claim and get back the money from the last year on the contract. So basically if my Math serves me correctly, they paid the guy somewhere around $44 million after the insurance settlement and got about 10 wins or so from him! :ugh:

I think I agree with you guys on Gagne. He is not only the face of the franchise but he has had the unique ability to keep Dodger fans from leaving early. In my 30+ years going to games I have never seen anyone do that. :coffee:

In-com-plete
06-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Right on base
Garciaparra's successful move to first sparks Dodgers (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/john_donovan/06/02/nomar.glove/index.html)

As pretty much a lifetime left-sider, Nomar Garciaparra had no idea what to expect last December when he signed with the Dodgers to play first base.

He knew it wouldn't be easy. He knew he'd have to take about a billion ground balls and short-hop throws in the dirt over the winter. He knew that his days of feeling comfortable on the field -- he has been a shortstop since he was a sophomore in high school, and has played more than 1,000 big-league games there -- were history, at least for now.

And Garciaparra was right. It hasn't been easy. He is, in no way, feeling at home over on the other half of the diamond. But the transition to the right side has worked out surprisingly well, solidifying a shaky spot in the Dodgers' infield while providing the team with a punch in the lineup that has made L.A. a contender in the National League West.

Nomar Garciaparra, first baseman.

Get used to it. He's trying.

"Where to play, the ball angle's coming at you different ... there's so many other little things that you have to be aware of and pay attention to," Garciaparra said. "You don't want to think about them. But early on you think about a million things. Comfort comes with instincts, just learning things instinctively. That's not easy when you switch positions. And things just don't come instinctively. That comes with time and experience."

Still, you'd never know, just by watching Garciaparra, that he's a veritable novice at first base. This week in Atlanta he let one throw skip by him, though it was a clear infield hit anyway and was ruled that way. He let another bounce past him on an error charged to the third baseman.

But he's digging out just about everything else. He's made only one error so far, flat out clanking a throw off his glove last week. And he's coming down with throws off the bag and making tags extremely well, according to several observers.

He's improved immeasurably from those first days in spring training, barely three months ago, when he sometimes strayed so far off the bag in chasing ground balls that he couldn't get back, or when he wandered around looking for where to position himself for a cutoff throw, or when he sometimes simply looked lost.

Now it's hard to sneak a ball past him down the line (being a former shortstop helps there), and he hardly ever gets too far over into the second baseman's territory.

"He's just so athletic," said Dodgers manager Grady Little. "I think if you gave him six weeks and told him to go out there at any position, I think in six weeks he'd be an All-Star-caliber player. All he needs to do is to keep himself on the field."

Everybody in baseball knew that Garciaparra, if he could get past the injury problems that have limited him to 143 games the past two seasons, could be the same hitter that he always has been. He hasn't disappointed there. In 36 games after returning from an early-season strain of a rib-cage muscle, Garciaparra is hitting .357 with six homers, 36 RBIs, 16 doubles and a 1.031 OPS. In more than 150 plate appearances, he's struck out only five times.

Since May 5, when the Dodgers began the day at 12-17, L.A. has won 19 of 25 games. Garciaparra has played in every one and is hitting .390, with an OPS of better than 1.000.

Hitting has never been a problem for Nomar. The question was where to play him. Because of recent heel and groin injuries, most teams didn't consider Garciaparra a good risk as an every-day shortstop any longer. Still, several teams had other ideas last winter.

The Yankees wanted him as a super-backup, at just about every position but shortstop. The Indians thought about him in right field. The Astros were said to be talking about Nomar as an outfielder. The Dodgers, before they signed Bill Mueller, were thinking about him at third base. The Orioles wanted him, too.

In the end, new Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti talked Garciaparra into returning to his Southern California roots with a one-year, $6 million deal to play first. Shortly after signing, Garciaparra began working with Dodgers coach Eddie Murray, a three-time Gold Glove first baseman with the Orioles in the early 1980s.

"Every position is different. You can't just go out there and pick it up. Not at this game. Not at this level," Garciaparra said. "I went at it with an attitude that I know it's not going to be easy, I'm going to have to learn so much, I'm going to continue to learn along the way, every day. I think, with that, I kind of expected the unexpected."

As good as Garciaparra has been at first base, some still wonder whether he'd be a better fit in L.A. as an outfielder, especially given the glut of infielders the Dodgers have. For now, Little is content to leave everything as is, especially with the Dodgers playing as well as they are (11 wins in their past 14 games) and fighting with the Diamondbacks for a share of the NL West lead.

Garciaparra doesn't quite see himself as a first baseman yet, and he doesn't want to think about what's in store for him for the rest of this year, next year or the remainder of his career.

"I don't know. I don't know how I see myself," he said. "I'm just happy to be playing. That's how my attitude has been."

It's a perfectly right-sided way to think.

Medford Bronco
06-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Last nights game sucked :eek: Tomko has been awful lately. What happened to the offense?

Great matchup of D Lowe vs martinez tonight. I just wish it was on TV on ESPN so I could watch two former teammates and friends battle it out. Do you think the Sox wished they had either as they have a rookie tonight and Matt Clement who replaced Lowe sucks really bad. :coffee:

Medford Bronco
06-07-2006, 07:00 AM
What more could you want as a Dodger fan. First you beat Pedro, second D Lowe beat his good friend, Third, Nomar hit a hr of his former teammate and finally Gagne got his 1st save in about a year.

Also I am impressed by this Matt Kemp fellow. He is off to a good start in his MLB career. Nice way to end a short losing streak. :salute:

In-com-plete
06-07-2006, 07:31 AM
What more could you want as a Dodger fan. First you beat Pedro, second D Lowe beat his good friend, Third, Nomar hit a hr of his former teammate and finally Gagne got his 1st save in about a year.

Also I am impressed by this Matt Kemp fellow. He is off to a good start in his MLB career. Nice way to end a short losing streak. :salute:
I'm worried about Gagne. Very worried!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060607&content_id=1493205&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

Medford Bronco
06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm worried about Gagne. Very worried!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060607&content_id=1493205&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

that sucks INC, hopefully with some rest he will be okay :D

Medford Bronco
06-08-2006, 06:15 AM
I just wanted to say that Odalis Perez sucks. What ever happened to the good pitcher we had in 2002-2004 :confused: If he is injured then he should not be starting. the good news is this team will not quit and should contend for the weak NL West all year :D

In-com-plete
06-08-2006, 08:09 AM
I just wanted to say that Odalis Perez sucks. What ever happened to the good pitcher we had in 2002-2004 :confused: If he is injured then he should not be starting. the good news is this team will not quit and should contend for the weak NL West all year :D
I don't know what happened to the Odalis Perez of old. But you couldn't have said it better Med...he sucks.

When I went to the Nats/Dodgers game a couple weeks ago I got to RFK early. I saw Odalis before the game and he looked to me like he didn't want to be there. He was walking around by himself not doing much of anything while most/all of the other pitchers and players were warming up. He just stood around doing nothing and it seemed odd to me. I just got this impression that he didn't care. I mean everyone else had their game face on if you will. Odalis looked like he coudn't care less.

Medford Bronco
06-08-2006, 08:45 AM
I don't know what happened to the Odalis Perez of old. But you couldn't have said it better Med...he sucks.

When I went to the Nats/Dodgers game a couple weeks ago I got to RFK early. I saw Odalis before the game and he looked to me like he didn't want to be there. He was walking around by himself not doing much of anything while most/all of the other pitchers and players were warming up. He just stood around doing nothing and it seemed odd to me. I just got this impression that he didn't care. I mean everyone else had their game face on if you will. Odalis looked like he coudn't care less.

well INc with that I would get rid of the Bum as soon as possible. I would rather have a minor leaguer who cares over a fat cat who makes good money sucking.

release him or trade him for a fungo bat :laugh:

Calif. Bronco
06-09-2006, 06:33 AM
I went to the game the other night when he pitched and he was absolutely awful. His fastball didn't hit 90 and his breaking stuff had very little movement. It was a typical bad pitcher situation - everything he threw either missed or was hit hard. I have to believe that Chad Billingsley will be up soon. He is young and might get lit up a little, but he's got to be better than this Perez/Seo mess they have now. :ugh:

Medford Bronco
06-09-2006, 06:34 AM
I went to the game the other night when he pitched and he was absolutely awful. His fastball didn't hit 90 and his breaking stuff had very little movement. It was a typical bad pitcher situation - everything he threw either missed or was hit hard. I have to believe that Chad Billingsley will be up soon. He is young and might get lit up a little, but he's got to be better than this Perez/Seo mess they have now. :ugh:

God I hope you are right Cali. O Perez looks disinterested and all done IMHO

Bring up Chad :salute:

Medford Bronco
06-09-2006, 10:42 PM
The Dodgers shutout the Rockies 3-0 in Colorado. This means that anything in life is possible. :jawdrop: What the Rockies get shutout at home as often as Barry Bonds not taking steriods since 1998. :laugh:

Penny was dominant and is pitching the best of his carreer now. The dodgers are also 16-8 in their last 24 games with Nomar extending his hitting streak to 12 games and the Dodgers are official tied with Arizona at 34-27 for first place.

Who would have thought this about 3 weeks ago. No one. LOL

MileHighStud
06-09-2006, 11:01 PM
God I hope you are right Cali. O Perez looks disinterested and all done IMHO

Bring up Chad :salute:

I kinda seen that in Odalis in the 05 Season. Both he and Gagne kinda lost that Fire in their eyes. As for our Bullpen Fo get abat it!! If we want to make any plans to go anywhere (1st NLwest, Playoffs, etc.), we are going to have to push our pitchers to last well into the 7th or 8th (Pitching well of course), but with primadonna ***** attitudes like Brad Penny, I dont see that happening. I just dont think we have the type of bullpen we can rely on. So we have got to have our Hitting stay consistant and rack up a big lead early in the games. IMHO :coffee: BTW I cant believe they let go of Weaver. And anyone who has been watching Dodger Baseball for years would agree that since Guillermo Mota & LoDuca were traded Gagne started his downhill slide. I just hope These new boys in blue can take care of business. :heh:

In-com-plete
06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
One word:

Solepossesionoffirstplace! (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/index.jsp)

Calif. Bronco
06-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Well, according to today's Times, I may have been wrong when I said they would wait till after the allstar break to bring up Chad:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-dodrep12jun12,1,6179092.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-dodger

In-com-plete
06-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Well, according to today's Times, I may have been wrong when I said they would wait till after the allstar break to bring up Chad:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-dodrep12jun12,1,6179092.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-dodger
Thanks for that link Cali. I was trying to find out some info on Billingsley earlier today.

In-com-plete
06-13-2006, 12:37 PM
:sad: I just heard on XTRA Sports 570 out of LA that Kent's going to come off the DL today and they're putting Gagne back on it. They said the team figures he'll try pitching one more time this year, but don't expect him to be pain-free. And this season will probably be his last as a Dodger. Possibly his last in baseball. :sad:

Medford Bronco
06-13-2006, 01:08 PM
:sad: I just heard on XTRA Sports 570 out of LA that Kent's going to come off the DL today and they're putting Gagne back on it. They said the team figures he'll try pitching one more time this year, but don't expect him to be pain-free. And this season will probably be his last as a Dodger. Possibly his last in baseball.

That does suck INC. But at least we are in 1st place :heh:

Maybe on one of these kids will step it up, you never know :confused:

keithbishop
06-14-2006, 04:29 AM
Unfortunate news about Gagne, who was unbeatable when healthy.

Medford Bronco
06-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Unfortunate news about Gagne, who was unbeatable when healthy.

I agree KB, but we do not nearly have the injures your awesome team is trying to overcome. Injuries suck :ugh:

keithbishop
06-14-2006, 08:54 PM
I agree KB, but we do not nearly have the injures your awesome team is trying to overcome. Injuries suck :ugh:
That's true, but perhaps the Dodgers can find a gem like the Yankees did with Melky Cabrera :beer: .

WABronco
06-14-2006, 09:19 PM
On the field and on my fantasy team...

In-com-plete
06-15-2006, 08:22 AM
That's true, but perhaps the Dodgers can find a gem like the Yankees did with Melky Cabrera :beer: .
I'm not bashing Melky, but we've got like 4 rookies who are better than him.

Matt Kemp. He's batting .378 with 7 HRs and a .867 slugging percentage in only 45 at bats.

Russell Martin. He's batting .296 with 4 HRs and 25 RBI's in only 115 at bats.

Willy Aybar. He's batting .302 with 3 HRs and a .396 on base percentage in only 96 at bats.

Andre Either. He's batting .299 with 4 HRs and a .495 slugging percentage in only 97 at bats.

Plus we have this Chad Billingsley. Who's thought by many to be the best pitcher in the minors. My bad, he's been called up and supposed to start tonight. :rockon:

Medford Bronco
06-15-2006, 08:58 AM

Matt Kemp. He's batting .378 with 7 HRs and a .867 slugging percentage in only 45 at bats.

Willy Aybar. He's batting .302 with 3 HRs and a .396 on base percentage in only 96 at bats.

Andre Either. He's batting .299 with 4 HRs and a .495 slugging percentage in only 97 at bats.

Plus we have this Chad Billingsley. Who's thought by many to be the best pitcher in the minors. My bad, he's been called up and supposed to start tonight. :rockon:

Good points Inc. I hope that Billinsley pitches a great game today. I hope our bullpen straightens itself out soon or it will be a roller coaster ride all year. :eek:

keithbishop
06-15-2006, 08:46 PM

Great start for those rookies. Melky's best attributes have been his patience (how's 19 BB and 9 K's for a 21-year old??) and his incredible defense (6 OF assists plus one amazing catch after another). The assists will slow down because teams are already reluctant to run on him. He's got some wheels, too.... not necessarily a base-stealer, but he can fly and is extremely aggressive on the basepaths. Joe Torre very rarely gives rookies a chance, but Melky has forced his way into the picture. there is no bigger stage in baseball than to play for the Yankees and Melky is fitting in nicely.

All 5 of the above listed rookies will face big adjustments as the season wears on. Melky, for instance, has less than 1/2 of a season in AAA. There will be ups and downs, but hopefully they all have big years.

keithbishop
06-16-2006, 05:23 AM
He ended up with a ND in the Dodgers win, but nice debut for Billingsley.

Medford Bronco
06-16-2006, 05:36 AM
He ended up with a ND in the Dodgers win, but nice debut for Billingsley.

It is about time they actually developed a home grown starting pitcher. They last one who was good was Chan Ho Park and we all know what happened to him when he went to the AL.. Same as Jeff Weaver that stiff. Although his brother Jared Weaver looks like a stud :coffee:

In-com-plete
06-16-2006, 06:14 AM
It's funny you say that Med. Did catch Baseball Tonight last night. I watched the 7:00 show and am not sure if it's the same as the late one, but the lead story was about the Dodger rookies.

They said a scout commented on their young pitching staff during spring training. He said he's never seen so many great young arms in an organization before. Saying all threw over 90 with most throwing mid 90's and a few throwing in the upper 90's. I don't know all the guys that scout was refering to, but I know a couple were Billingsley and Broxton. There's another young pitcher who's supposed to be great in a couple years. I think he's in single A, but is name is Scott Elbert.

They also spent some time talking about Aybar, Kemp, and Martin or Either. I can't remember. But I think it was Kemp who a scout said hit better than Chipper Jones and Bonds at their age. I've also heard Kemp be compared to Manny. Saying he has the potential to be a complete hitter like Manny, only is more of a complete outfielder (defense).

If you want my opinion...I think the Dodger's future's so bright...they gotta wear :cool:

:D

Medford Bronco
06-16-2006, 06:22 AM
It's funny you say that Med. Did catch Baseball Tonight last night. I watched the 7:00 show and am not sure if it's the same as the late one, but the lead story was about the Dodger rookies.

They said a scout commented on their young pitching staff during spring training. He said he's never seen so many great young arms in an organization before. Saying all threw over 90 with most throwing mid 90's and a few throwing in the upper 90's. I don't know all the guys that scout was refering to, but I know a couple were Billingsley and Broxton. There's another young pitcher who's supposed to be great in a couple years. I think he's in single A, but is name is Scott Elbert.

They also spent some time talking about Aybar, Kemp, and Martin or Either. I can't remember. But I think it was Kemp who a scout said hit better than Chipper Jones and Bonds at their age. I've also heard Kemp be compared to Manny. Saying he has the potential to be a complete hitter like Manny, only is more of a complete outfielder (defense).

If you want my opinion...I think the Dodger's future's so bright...they gotta wear :cool:

:D

That is great INC. I am glad to hear we actually have a farm system again. Kemp has been so impressive, I am just curious to see how he does when facing teams for a 2nd time etc.

We need one of these young guys to fill in for our fav Gagne. I do not trust Beaz. He is a heart attack closer, kind of like the way Armando Benitez and heath Slocume used to be.

We can win the west this year and hopefully can be good for years to come, as long as Coletti is paitent and does not trade to win now.

great post INC. CP when they replenish. :salute:

In-com-plete
06-16-2006, 07:22 AM
That is great INC. I am glad to hear we actually have a farm system again. Kemp has been so impressive, I am just curious to see how he does when facing teams for a 2nd time etc.

We need one of these young guys to fill in for our fav Gagne. I do not trust Beaz. He is a heart attack closer, kind of like the way Armando Benitez and heath Slocume used to be.

We can win the west this year and hopefully can be good for years to come, as long as Coletti is paitent and does not trade to win now.

great post INC. CP when they replenish. :salute:
This Matt Kemp kid really has me excited. But the others that have been playing are tearing it up to. Plus we have James Loney and Joel Guzman in the minors. Although they didn't do that great while with the Dodgers, they are going to be great players. Plus there's Andy Laroche (Adam from the Braves' brother), who's actually supposed to be better than all these rookies.

I'm telling you man, we are going to be a good/great team in '07 or '08. I really didn't think we'd be this good right now. But all these rookies are a big reason we are.

Like you said. We need to be patient. I think Colleti will be. The plan was to start bringing them up slow depending on how good/bad we were this year. It's just we got hit with all those injuries early on. Mueller, Kent, Nomar, Lofton, Repko, Navarro, Ledee.

That reminds me. What are we going to do with Izturis and Repko and Mueller and Ledee and Jason Werth when they all get healthy? I really liked Repko and Werth...its just these other guys seem to be better. And Izturis isn't going to be happy riding the pine. I really think he's going to be traded when he comes back.

Medford Bronco
06-21-2006, 01:30 PM
This Matt Kemp kid really has me excited. But the others that have been playing are tearing it up to. Plus we have James Loney and Joel Guzman in the minors. Although they didn't do that great while with the Dodgers, they are going to be great players. Plus there's Andy Laroche (Adam from the Braves' brother), who's actually supposed to be better than all these rookies.

I'm telling you man, we are going to be a good/great team in '07 or '08. I really didn't think we'd be this good right now. But all these rookies are a big reason we are.

Like you said. We need to be patient. I think Colleti will be. The plan was to start bringing them up slow depending on how good/bad we were this year. It's just we got hit with all those injuries early on. Mueller, Kent, Nomar, Lofton, Repko, Navarro, Ledee.

That reminds me. What are we going to do with Izturis and Repko and Mueller and Ledee and Jason Werth when they all get healthy? I really liked Repko and Werth...its just these other guys seem to be better. And Izturis isn't going to be happy riding the pine. I really think he's going to be traded when he comes back.

I hope he get trading for some bullpen ptiching that we are lacking right now. The bullpen is very shaky. Once some of these kids setle down we will be fine.

Billingsly to be the stopper today vs Seattle :beer:
36-34 is still in contention in this pathetic division. I say 85 wins gets it done this year. If LA can get a little more pitching (get rid of Perez the bum and fortify the bullpen, they will be fine)

In-com-plete
06-21-2006, 06:20 PM
I hope he get trading for some bullpen ptiching that we are lacking right now. The bullpen is very shaky. Once some of these kids setle down we will be fine.

Billingsly to be the stopper today vs Seattle :beer:
36-34 is still in contention in this pathetic division. I say 85 wins gets it done this year. If LA can get a little more pitching (get rid of Perez the bum and fortify the bullpen, they will be fine)
I hope you're right Med....on everything.

BTW, hell's frozen over. The Dodgers are on ESPN tonight in 40 minutes. :rockon:

In-com-plete
06-22-2006, 05:42 AM
Well, I think we're officially ****ty again.

I stayed up and watched 7+ innings last night. Way past my bedtime. To say Billingsley didn't have it is an understatement. It's amazing he only gave up 2 runs. He didn't have much control but I've never seen a pitcher have more pitches fouled off. It's like every Mariner had a quality at bat.

So it was 5-2 going into the 7th. 5-4 after the 7th and Baez is on the mound. I think they should start lighting up that "GAME OVER!" sign when he takes the hill. He blows man.

Just get me 85 or 86 wins.

Medford Bronco
06-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Well, I think we're officially ****ty again.

I stayed up and watched 7+ innings last night. Way past my bedtime. To say Billingsley didn't have it is an understatement. It's amazing he only gave up 2 runs. He didn't have much control but I've never seen a pitcher have more pitches fouled off. It's like every Mariner had a quality at bat.

So it was 5-2 going into the 7th. 5-4 after the 7th and Baez is on the mound. I think they should start lighting up that "GAME OVER!" sign when he takes the hill. He blows man.

Just get me 85 or 86 wins.

Hey INC Danny Baez sucks. He reminds me of Tom Neidenfuer in the 80s. :jawdrop: This team has bullpen issues. They wasted a good effort by Billingsly. Is there anyone else in the minors who can help us :ugh:

Medford Bronco
06-22-2006, 11:24 PM
I think hell must have frozen over. The Dodgers won a game and got a complete game to boot :jawdrop: No Danny Baez (the bum LOL) tonight. I saw the highlights on ESPNews (OMG yes a Dodger highlight there LOL) and Lowe looked good. Also Izturis played 3rd and got 3 hits. I hope he stays there for a while. Lowe has now not lost in 4 or 5 decisons I believe and is 6-3 with a 2.90 ERA. Thank God we have one good pitcher LOL. Only 1 game back in the sucky NL West which is fine by me. :D

In-com-plete
06-23-2006, 04:58 AM
Penny's been good this year. Very good actually. I think he only has 2 or 3 bad outings, but one of them was his last time on the mound. I've been critical of him in the past, but he's been great so far this season.

I caught the highlights also. When they said Lowe got the CG, I think I put a brown mark on my boxers. It seems like forever since this has happened for the Dodgers. But we've had better bullpens also. My only guess it that Grady had him go the distance because he figures he next two nights we'll have to use quite a bit of the 'pen.

keithbishop
06-23-2006, 05:01 AM
I LOVE THIS...... but why exactly did the red sox let Lowe leave?? He was solid for the Dodgers last year.... and has looked great this year, IMO. Refresh my memory, Med: despite Lowe's struggles in the 2004 regular season, didn't he have a great post season that year?? I was glad to see him leave boston.... and am glad for you that he joined the Dodgers.

I can't figure out Baez. He's always had the stuff to be a successful closer, but does he have "it"?? "It" being the indefinable characteristic that seperates the great relievers from the "if only" 's.

keithbishop
06-23-2006, 05:04 AM
I LOVE THIS...... but why exactly did the red sox let Lowe leave?? He was solid for the Dodgers last year.... and has looked great this year, IMO. Refresh my memory, Med: despite Lowe's struggles in the 2004 regular season, didn't he have a great post season that year?? I was glad to see him leave boston.... and am glad for you that he joined the Dodgers.

I can't figure out Baez. He's always had the stuff to be a successful closer, but does he have "it"?? "It" being the indefinable characteristic that seperates the great relievers from the "if only" 's.

keithbishop
06-23-2006, 05:04 AM

GO PADRES!!!

(Just messing with you, Med :D .)

Medford Bronco
06-23-2006, 06:19 AM

GO PADRES!!!

LOL on the Go Padres, for you Go Devil Rays :eek: j/k buddy.

The Red Sox were really dumb to get rid of Lowe. He was shaky in 04, but didn't he win the series clinching games vs LAAngels. NY (sorry KB) and of course helped end the curse vs ST Louis on one of my favorite nights of all time (sorry again)

Here is his bio D Lowe career (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5801/career;_ylt=AlQQvIFi7OnrcaDZHyIv.dGFCLcF)

Medford Bronco
06-23-2006, 06:26 AM

GO PADRES!!!

LOL on the Go Padres, for you Go Devil Rays :eek: j/k buddy.

The Red Sox were really dumb to get rid of Lowe. He was shaky in 04, but didn't he win the series clinching games vs LAAngels. NY (sorry KB) and of course helped end the curse vs ST Louis on one of my favorite nights of all time (sorry again)

Here is his bio D Lowe career (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5801/career;_ylt=AlQQvIFi7OnrcaDZHyIv.dGFCLcF)

Now for the almost same $$ the Red Sox signed Matt Clement the BUM. His numbers are Here (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6099/career;_ylt=Ahl4iCT9s8.Oy9DKJoBmJFaFCLcF)

Lowe career Era of 3.76 vs Clement of 4.47. No contest here :coffee:

keithbishop
06-23-2006, 09:28 PM
LOL. I USED to pull for the Padres, but that was back when they had more than 1 player I liked. Trevor Hoffman is one of my favorite players...... but that's it.

From Dave Winfield to Tony Gwynn to David Wells I liked the Padres.

The Dodgers get my vote this year..... I LOVE the success of ex-red sox players, of which the Dodgers have 13 or 14 ;) .

Medford Bronco
06-23-2006, 09:40 PM
LOL. I USED to pull for the Padres, but that was back when they had more than 1 player I liked. Trevor Hoffman is one of my favorite players...... but that's it.

From Dave Winfield to Tony Gwynn to David Wells I liked the Padres.

The Dodgers get my vote this year..... I LOVE the success of ex-red sox players, of which the Dodgers have 13 or 14 ;) .

so far so good for LA tonight up 10-2 in the 7th. Even their bullpen cant blow this right :eek:

keithbishop
06-23-2006, 09:45 PM
so far so good for LA tonight up 10-2 in the 7th. Even their bullpen cant blow this right :eek:

Not unless they traded bullpens with the Braves tonight :D .

Medford Bronco
06-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Not unless they traded bullpens with the Braves tonight :D .

lol the Dodgers have enough problems of their own :eek:

Medford Bronco
06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Nothing like the Pittsburgh Pirates to break you out of a slump. LA won tonight 7-0 with Aaron Sele pitching 6 shoutout innings. Jeff Kent, who is starting to heat up hit a dinger again and things look better than a couple of days ago :beer:

Nomar is still hitting 361 and Kemp got 2 more hits.

the Dodgers are really streaky but in the bad NL West should contend all year long :D for Me, INC and Cali Bronco

keithbishop
06-27-2006, 10:43 PM
OK, Dodger fans, I'LL WELCOME YOUR NEW ADDITIONS:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060627&content_id=1525661&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

SP Mark Hendrickson has been a decent innings eater this year and C Toby Hall was pretty good until this year..... he'll make a good backup C, IMO.

Dioner Navarro.....4th team for the ex-Yankee. He'd lost his job in LA, anyways.
Seo..... no big loss.

The PTBNL is rumored to be Matt Kemp.

In-com-plete
06-28-2006, 08:08 AM

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060627&content_id=1525661&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

SP Mark Hendrickson has been a decent innings eater this year and C Toby Hall was pretty good until this year..... he'll make a good backup C, IMO.

Dioner Navarro.....4th team for the ex-Yankee. He'd lost his job in LA, anyways.
Seo..... no big loss.

The PTBNL is rumored to be Matt Kemp.
I almost clicked the "Report bad post" icon after that Matt Kemp comment. ;)

This is a Dodger trade I'm actually happy with. I don't know anything about Hendrickson except he's tall. But his numbers look alright when pitching outside of Tampa. Seo sucks and Navarro would just rot in AAA. I'm glad he's going somewhere he can play everyday.

Next up, Izturis and O. Perez. Speaking of Odalis, he's up against Santana tonight and I fully expect a repeat of last nights score. Hopefully this is the last time he takes the mound wearing Dodger blue.

Medford Bronco
06-28-2006, 08:51 AM

This is a Dodger trade I'm actually happy with. I don't know anything about Hendrickson except he's tall. But his numbers look alright when pitching outside of Tampa. Seo sucks and Navarro would just rot in AAA. I'm glad he's going somewhere he can play everyday.

Next up, Izturis and O. Perez. Speaking of Odalis, he's up against Santana tonight and I fully expect a repeat of last nights score. Hopefully this is the last time he takes the mound wearing Dodger blue.

Thanks KB, baseball historian for the information :D

Amen to that my friend

INC I do not feel very confident tonight either *frown* (stupid smily thing LOL)

Hendrickson can not be any worse than the stiff O Perez :eek:

Medford Bronco
06-28-2006, 08:52 AM

You mean INC, med and Cali Bronco LOL

keithbishop
06-28-2006, 09:22 AM

OK, OK, OK..... I made up the matt Kemp bit. LOL.

Honestly, Hendrickson is having a nice season. Perhaps he will have an advantage vs. NL hitters who haven't seen him. For that mater, who (outside of Tampa/Toronto) HAS seen him?? ;)

I like the deal for both teams. This is a pure salary dump for the D-Rays (though they did send $1 mil. to the Dodgers). Hendrickson would have likely been non-tendered instead of going to arbitration. Hall is a decent C despite a bad year in 2006, but rolling the dice on the still very young Navarro is worth a shot. Seo?? Take what you can get in a salary dump.

Brett Tomko was put on the DL.

keithbishop
06-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks KB, baseball historian for the information :D

Amen to that my friend

INC I do not feel very confident tonight either *frown* (stupid smily thing LOL)

Hendrickson can not be any worse than the stiff O Perez :eek:

Perez has to be one of the least aggressive starters in MLB.
DECENT stuff, but if he's afraid to use it..... :ugh: .

Medford Bronco
06-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Perez has to be one of the least aggressive starters in MLB.
DECENT stuff, but if he's afraid to use it..... :ugh: .

not any more. He has lost at least 5 MPH since 2002, when he was awesome in LA.

and to think they traded Sheffield for this BUM :O

In-com-plete
06-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Well, they lost 6-3. Odalis Perez at his best:

Bottom 1ST B:1 S:2 O:2
Joe Mauer singles on a line drive to right fielder Matt Kemp.

Michael Cuddyer singles on a ground ball to center fielder Kenny Lofton. Joe Mauer to 2nd.

Bottom 1ST B:3 S:1 O:2
Justin Morneau singles on a ground ball to second baseman Jeff Kent. Joe Mauer to 3rd. Michael Cuddyer to 2nd.

Torii Hunter hits a grand slam (12) to left field. Joe Mauer scores. Michael Cuddyer scores. Justin Morneau scores.

keithbishop
06-28-2006, 02:39 PM
not any more. He has lost at least 5 MPH since 2002, when he was awesome in LA.

and to think they traded Sheffield for this BUM :O

Wow. I forgot about that one. Ouch!!

Medford Bronco
06-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Wow. I forgot about that one. Ouch!!

most dodger fans would like to foget as well lol

Well at least tonight Brad Penny goes for them with a chance against a bad Angels team (heck both LA teams are pretty mediocre right now :( )

In-com-plete
06-30-2006, 11:08 AM
most dodger fans would like to foget as well lol

Well at least tonight Brad Penny goes for them with a chance against a bad Angels team (heck both LA teams are pretty mediocre right now :( )
There's only one LA team Med. The other is from Anaheim, and just a wannabe.

keithbishop
07-08-2006, 02:55 AM
This sucks. Gagne is done for the season. Gagne is only 30, so hopefully he will be healthy in 2007. :salute:

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&lastline=184332&id=2908

Medford Bronco
07-08-2006, 10:05 PM
This sucks. Gagne is done for the season. Gagne is only 30, so hopefully he will be healthy in 2007. :salute:

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&lastline=184332&id=2908

I hope you are correct KB, but I am not optomistic :ugh:

As for LA since when are they the Texas Rangers?

11-7 Derek Lowe sucked today. Brad penny is the only one thowing the ball well right now for this team. luckily they are in the sucky NL west and are still alive.

They could be in a real division like the AL East or Central and be all done by now :ugh:

In-com-plete
07-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Penny's starting the All-Star game. He's been great this year, but he's probably the 3rd or 4th choice.

Congrats Brad, but just don't f'in hurt yourself. :D

Medford Bronco
07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Penny's starting the All-Star game. He's been great this year, but he's probably the 3rd or 4th choice.

Congrats Brad, but just don't f'in hurt yourself. :D

Brad did pretty well except for Vlads dinger. At least he did not look like Trevor Hoffman. :eek:

In-com-plete
07-14-2006, 04:35 AM
I just had to find this post (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=538537&postcount=336).

He's now 10 for 15 with 5 dongs against Odalis.

Medford Bronco
07-14-2006, 06:34 AM
I just had to find this post (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=538537&postcount=336).

He's now 10 for 15 with 5 dongs against Odalis.

Good post Inc. I just wish LA would cut their losses with this stiff. He sucks with his 85 MPH fastball. He is the Rudy Seanez of the Dodgers. :ugh:

In-com-plete
07-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Good post Inc. I just wish LA would cut their losses with this stiff. He sucks with his 85 MPH fastball. He is the Rudy Seanez of the Dodgers. :ugh:
I heard earlier that Perez critisized the Dodgers saying they weren't treating him right. Maybe they aren't, I have no way of knowing. But if they are treating him bad...GOOD! :D

Medford Bronco
07-14-2006, 07:27 AM
I heard earlier that Perez critisized the Dodgers saying they weren't treating him right. Maybe they aren't, I have no way of knowing. But if they are treating him bad...GOOD! :D

Why should he be treated right. He has not been a good pitcher for them since 2004. He has sucked the last two years. He is robbing this team by getting his $$ for his non Production. He is another Matt Clement. :eek:

Just think he was traded for Gary Sheffield by the previous adminstration. What a joke that was.

In-com-plete
07-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Why should he be treated right. He has not been a good pitcher for them since 2004. He has sucked the last two years. He is robbing this team by getting his $$ for his non Production. He is another Matt Clement. :eek:

Just think he was traded for Gary Sheffield by the previous adminstration. What a joke that was.
Well, Sheff wasn't happy (imagine that) in LA. And he's one of those guys that can really screw up a team when he's pissed off. We also got Brian Jordan and someone else in that trade. I thought it was a pretty even trade, but that was a few years ago when I really thought Perez could be a very good #3 or a solid #2.

Either way, he sucks now and it will be hard (probably impossible) to get anything for him. I can't wait to hear Rome tear his ass up this afternoon.

Medford Bronco
07-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Well, Sheff wasn't happy (imagine that) in LA. And he's one of those guys that can really screw up a team when he's pissed off. We also got Brian Jordan and someone else in that trade. I thought it was a pretty even trade, but that was a few years ago when I really thought Perez could be a very good #3 or a solid #2.

Either way, he sucks now and it will be hard (probably impossible) to get anything for him. I can't wait to hear Rome tear his ass up this afternoon.

It was soooo long ago I forgot about Brian Jordan. LOL
I hope Rome tears him a new one. He is gutless the way he pitches. I live in Boston and if he ever did this on Boston ala Matt Clement the big stiff they would kill him here. (I do hate the Pats, but like the Sox 2nd after our Dodgers)

I owe you a CP and will give you one when they replenish. :D

Medford Bronco
07-17-2006, 06:36 AM
I see this thread is the official Incomple and Medford Bronco thread. lol

The Dodgers were embarassed this weekend vs ST Louis. This team has major issues. They are lucky they are in the fraud divsion where 85 wins will probably win it.

They need to add some pitching before July 31st. Like a real closer. We shall see.

In-com-plete
07-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah, we don't even need to quote each other. But in 2 or 3 years when they win the series, people will come. People will most definatly come.

Medford Bronco
07-18-2006, 07:10 AM
MLB was free after the all star break and I saw some of last nights game. :jawdrop: The Dodger are woeful right now. They need a pitcher and need to hit better. They look like an expansion team with the mental errors committed last night. The only saving grace is the are in by far the most pathetic divsion in baseball and are still alive only 3 1/2 back. INC this team will be better in the futue, just not this year unfortunately for us. Losing Gagne has killed them. (not lately but all season long)

In-com-plete
07-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Congrats to Billingsley on his first career win. Hopefully he'll get another 200+ (with the Dodgers that is).

I was reading an article about Kent going on the DL and it talked about Aybar playing 3rd while they moved Izturis to 2nd. But they could just have Aybar play 2nd. He's been playing there ever since he got sent down to AAA when Izturis came off the DL because Andy LaRoche is playing 3rd in AAA. I don't know if I've talked about him before, but he's supposed to be the real deal. Possibly better than his brother, Adam. I don't know how long until he's "ready", but really think we have too many prospects and quality players in the infield in the whole Dodger organization. :D

Medford Bronco
07-20-2006, 01:13 PM
The Dodgers are a mediocre team right now. Their starting staff of Penny, Lowe, Sele, Billingsly and the stiff from Tampa ( I can not remember his name ) had one good pitcher right now in Penny. Billinglsy is raw. Lowe has been dreadful and the Tampa guys sucks. I do not want to even say anything about the bullpen as it is even worse. INC it looks like next season will be hopefully when the youngsters and gulp mabye Gagne come back :heh: Oh well it figures. They are still in it because of being in the worst divison in baseball.

Medford Bronco
07-24-2006, 08:36 AM
The Dodgers look like a triple AAA outfit losing 9 out of 10 games. Miraculously they are only 4 1/2 back in the worst divsion in Baseball. They are bad and will not make the playoffs. I would love to be wrong though. :heh:

DawgFanatic
07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Go D-backs!

In-com-plete
07-25-2006, 06:08 AM
It's getting pretty bad Med. 1-11 since the all-star break. I was going to buy the second half of the MLB package, but not now. It's frustrating.

In-com-plete
07-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Well Med, he's gone!.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060725&content_id=1574438&vkey=pr_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

keithbishop
07-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Interesting move. The Dodgers re-acquire a useful pitcher in exchange for 2 prospects and a big salary.

Hopefully we'll soon find out how much $$ the Dodgers sent along. Perez makes the balance of his $7.25 2006 salary, $7.75 mil. next year and has a $1.5 mil. buyout the following year.

It's strange to see a 2004 2nd rd. pick dealt so quickly, but this looks like a good move for the Dodgers.

Perez vs. AL Hitters..... not exactly a match made in heaven.

In-com-plete
07-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Interesting move. The Dodgers re-acquire a useful pitcher in exchange for 2 prospects and a big salary.

Hopefully we'll soon find out how much $$ the Dodgers sent along. Perez makes the balance of his $7.25 2006 salary, $7.75 mil. next year and has a $1.5 mil. buyout the following year.

It's strange to see a 2004 2nd rd. pick dealt so quickly, but this looks like a good move for the Dodgers.

Perez vs. AL Hitters..... not exactly a match made in heaven.
I really think the Dodgers would have just given him away. Getting rid of a huge distraction with a salary 10x's what he's worth is excellent. I was joking around in the Trade Deadline Thread saying it was a blockbuster trade, but for the Dodgers to get rid of this clown it actually was.

I know Med will be as happy, if not more, than I am with the trade. :D :beer: :D

Medford Bronco
07-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I really think the Dodgers would have just given him away. Getting rid of a huge distraction with a salary 10x's what he's worth is excellent. I was joking around in the Trade Deadline Thread saying it was a blockbuster trade, but for the Dodgers to get rid of this clown it actually was.

I know Med will be as happy, if not more, than I am with the trade.

10x more like 50X *laughs*

What is funny is KB knows more about the prospects than I do :eek: Dessens is a nice middle relief/spot starter. But now we need to get rid of Hendrickson. One question I have is, if a guy sucks on Tampa, why would LA want him :confused: I know he is not THAT bad but as a Sox fan (me) and Yanks fan (KB) we loved to see him against our teams. He is BP against good lineups. I hope Perez starts for KC. Going against DET, Chic, Minny, CLeve a lot and the Sox, Yanks and Jays, Angles etc he will have an ERA around 7.50 in the AL. A Matt Clement/John Wasdin like pitcher.

Now if LA could win some games. Penny is pitching today against big disappointment Jake Peavy. But because it is the Dodgers I can guarantee Peavy will pitch 7 IP and only 2 ER. If not he has to be hurt.

btw props to both of you for being here. Thanks for saying nice things to Med :salute:

keithbishop
07-26-2006, 12:21 PM
SO NO ONE IS GOING TO CONGRATULATE ME ON THE SAL FASANO TRADE??

Fine, guys, but mark my words: The Yankees' opposition TREMBLE :shake: at the thought of facing Sal Freaking Fasano.

Wait..... is it "tremble" or "giggle" ?? I can't remember. ;)

Medford Bronco
07-26-2006, 12:44 PM
SO NO ONE IS GOING TO CONGRATULATE ME ON THE SAL FASANO TRADE??

Fine, guys, but mark my words: The Yankees' opposition TREMBLE :shake: at the thought of facing Sal Freaking Fasano.

Wait..... is it "tremble" or "giggle" ?? I can't remember. ;)

What is funny KB is Sal Fassano. I have no idea who he is. He sounds like my kind of guy Fassano. He should be in the Godfather with that name. JK KB

He looks like Sparky Lyle with the mustashehttp://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=114031

keithbishop
07-26-2006, 12:53 PM
What is funny KB is Sal Fassano. I have no idea who he is. He sounds like my kind of guy Fassano. He should be in the Godfather with that name. JK KB

He looks like Sparky Lyle with the mustashehttp://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=114031

He looks like he could beat up Sparky and take his lunch money. :D

Medford Bronco
07-27-2006, 06:27 AM
It is official

The Dodgers SUCK REAL BAD!

What I do not understand is a team that has always been rich in pitching looks like the Devil Rays :eek: Pretty sad when your payroll is more than double that pathetic franchises.

Medford Bronco
07-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Yesterday was a great day for the Dodgers. They actually did not lose. (It was because they did not play LOL)

I have to humor mysyelf on rooting for this years version of the Devil Rays. :heh:

In-com-plete
07-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Yesterday was a great day for the Dodgers. They actually did not lose. (It was because they did not play LOL)

I have to humor mysyelf on rooting for this years version of the Devil Rays. :heh:
I was listening to AM570 out of LA yesterday afternoon and they said this is the worst losing streak since the Dodgers moved to LA. I honestly don't know how they could all the sudden suck so bad. Atleast footballs just around the corner. :beer:

keithbishop
07-28-2006, 11:13 PM
http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&lastline=186786&id=3351

BIG trade for the Dodgers.

Willy Aybar and Danys Baez to the Braves for Wilson Betemit.

Betemit has a fantastic arm and is very good at 3B and SS. He's showing some pop at the plate this season as well.

In-com-plete
07-29-2006, 04:54 AM
http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&lastline=186786&id=3351

BIG trade for the Dodgers.

Willy Aybar and Danys Baez to the Braves for Wilson Betemit.

Betemit has a fantastic arm and is very good at 3B and SS. He's showing some pop at the plate this season as well.
Yeah, I just heard about this this morning on ESPNEWS. They didn't even say it after the Dodgers highlights (an Expos ass whipping to end their 8 game losing streak), but after the Braves. Like the Braves got the better player.

Aybar may very well end up a better player than Betemit, but only time will tell. And I hope Baez does better for the Braves. He was a liability for the Dodgers. Now if they could just trade Isturis for some relief help, that'd be great.

keithbishop
07-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I just heard about this this morning on ESPNEWS. They didn't even say it after the Dodgers highlights (an Expos ass whipping to end their 8 game losing streak), but after the Braves. Like the Braves got the better player.

Aybar may very well end up a better player than Betemit, but only time will tell. And I hope Baez does better for the Braves. He was a liability for the Dodgers. Now if they could just trade Isturis for some relief help, that'd be great.

Betemit is by far the better player. I'd been hearing quite a bit about him going to the Yankees, though that move would have made little sense with Robinson Cano coming back soon. This may be carrying things too far, but I've heard projections of 20-25 HR 35+ doubles and a .300 BA for Betemit.

Medford Bronco
07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
The Dodgers get Greg Maddux.

yes he is old but I think he can pitch still, especially in Dodger statduim. They gave up Itsturis (sp) who I like, but had no real position in LA anymore

look here (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9579887)

I hope this means that stiff Henrickson who sucked in Tampa, can be out of the rotation. I hope so.

Medford Bronco
07-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Dodgers also get Lugo. I did not see this coming. Ned Coletti their GM must want to make a serious run at a bad NL West division title.

Look here (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=rotowire-uliougoeadedtoodgers&prov=rotowire&type=lgns)

Lug must be happy as he gets to get out of jail (tampa bay for ball players :laugh: )

In-com-plete
07-31-2006, 03:25 PM
Dodgers also get Lugo. I did not see this coming. Ned Coletti their GM must want to make a serious run at a bad NL West division title.

Look here (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=rotowire-uliougoeadedtoodgers&prov=rotowire&type=lgns)

Lug must be happy as he gets to get out of jail (tampa bay for ball players :laugh: )
WTF? They gave up Guzman! That pisses me off. Guzman was one of if not their top prospect behind that Laroche kid.

Time will tell, but I just don't have a good feeling about this trade.

TB is collecting some major prospects.

WhoDeyBengals
07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
GO REDS!!!!

Big series for both teams this week, guys. :beer:

keithbishop
07-31-2006, 05:24 PM
The Lugo move is confusing, but I love the trade for Maddux.

Maddux should be very happy to be in a pennant race and the results should be good.

Medford Bronco
08-01-2006, 09:16 AM
WTF? They gave up Guzman! That pisses me off. Guzman was one of if not their top prospect behind that Laroche kid.

Time will tell, but I just don't have a good feeling about this trade.

TB is collecting some major prospects.

INC and KC you probably know more about this kid thnt I do :ugh: I personally like Lugo. He is a decent hitter with speed. I have no problem with him. I am just glad they did not give up any of their pitching prospects as they are the hardest to replace.

Only time will tell. At least for this year they still got a shot. The did not give up LaRoche as well. Remember prospect are only good if they pan out. The Dodgers in 2004 did not want to give up Penny and Edwin Jackson for a much better Randy Johnson at the time. Now Penny is good but got hurt in 04 (also before the GM Change) They also traded LoDuca and that pissed me off at the time. I love his grit and he was having a good season.

TB will always suck even though they are collecting some talent because the ownership there will never spend about $40 mill on payroll and when good yound players get better they will trade them because of monitary reasons.

Also when is the last time that D Rays actually produced a good pitcher from their own farm system? (No kasmir does not count, the Mets gave them a gift for Victor I am not half as good as my brother Zambrano)
They already gave us some of thier trash in Hendrickson, who should have stuck to baskeball (I think he played in college). Now with Maddux, I hope this stiff is our of the rotation.

Sorry for the rant, just difference of opinion for Me. I am happy on the trades. :D

Edwin Jackson sucks so who knows what could have happened.

Medford Bronco
08-01-2006, 09:21 AM
GO REDS!!!!

Big series for both teams this week, guys. :beer:

After thursday I hope for you Whodey the Reds are good, but not for the next few days :D Just like your Bengals can go 15-1 with the one loss to you know who LOL

You already know how I feel about the Bengals. :beer:

DawgFanatic
08-01-2006, 09:25 AM
i feel like starting my ''official d-backs'' thread since they are gonna win the west... ;)

Medford Bronco
08-01-2006, 09:27 AM
i feel like starting my ''official d-backs'' thread since they are gonna win the west... ;)

Well then start a "new thread" and not in the Dodger thread. ;)

Medford Bronco
08-02-2006, 06:14 AM
the Dodgers are only 4 games back :beer: I am shocked. This Beitemit hit a dinger last night and Furcal had 4 RBI and has come on strong.

They are not world beaters, but in a pathetic NL West and just as bad WC race. they are still alive.

I would have :laugh: My head off if you told me a team that lost 13 out of 14 would still be in it.
This is what mediocrity in the NL does. :eek:

keithbishop
08-02-2006, 07:28 AM
the Dodgers are only 4 games back :beer: I am shocked. This Beitemit hit a dinger last night and Furcal had 4 RBI and has come on strong.

They are not world beaters, but in a pathetic NL West and just as bad WC race. they are still alive.

I would have :laugh: My head off if you told me a team that lost 13 out of 14 would still be in it.
This is what mediocrity in the NL does. :eek:

When will Maddux start for the Dodgers, Med?

Medford Bronco
08-02-2006, 09:05 AM
When will Maddux start for the Dodgers, Med?

I think tomorrow. I hope to get the 1993 Maddux :eek: I know that is not going to happen, but he is an improvement over Hendrickson that stiff.

BTW kudos to your Yanks they are doing what they always do.

In-com-plete
08-02-2006, 09:24 AM
I think tomorrow. I hope to get the 1993 Maddux :eek: I know that is not going to happen, but he is an improvement over Hendrickson that stiff.

BTW kudos to your Yanks they are doing what they always do.
The good news is we got Greg Maddux. The bad news is Greg Maddux isn't Greg Maddux anymore. I honestly don't know if he's better than Hendrickson or Sele or Billingsley or Tomko right now.

By do what they always do I assume you mean...add another gun to an already stacked All-Star lineup before the trade deadline. And at the end of the season they'll add a Barry Zito or Roy Oswalt or Andrew Jones or bring Soriano back. You're right Med, they're doing what they always do. Trying to buy championships. :mad:

Medford Bronco
08-02-2006, 09:35 AM
The good news is we got Greg Maddux. The bad news is Greg Maddux isn't Greg Maddux anymore. I honestly don't know if he's better than Hendrickson or Sele or Billingsley or Tomko right now.

By do what they always do I assume you mean...add another gun to an already stacked All-Star lineup before the trade deadline. And at the end of the season they'll add a Barry Zito or Roy Oswalt or Andrew Jones or bring Soriano back. You're right Med, they're doing what they always do. Trying to buy championships. :mad:

The one good thing about Tomko is he is a late inning reliver. He has good stuff and I think can succeed there. If Maddux can pitch like he did in April who knows. Remember most pitchers love Dodger staduim and Petco for pitching. this should help him somewhat. He is out of the bandbox of Wrigley, which should help.

I am impressed the way Beitemeit (Sp) has looked so far. I also am a lot happier than last week. Furcal is better. We are alive in a pathetic divsion. The Giants have lost 9 straight, so it is now their turn. I also am not sold on the rockies or Diamondbacks. I feel that LA and SD will compete. First to 83 wins the division. :jawdrop: pretty bad heh.

and kudos to you INC for being the lone other Dodger fan with me. BTW what ever happened to California Bronco he is a Dodger fan. I have not seen him in months. :confused:

Medford Bronco
08-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Brad Penny won and stopped a 3 game personal losing streak. The Dodgers are back in it at 52-55. Nice to be in the NL and the pathetic NL West. I still have hope.

The Dodgers have done a good job overcoming the losses on Nomar and Kent. They have to be the streakiest team in baseball. The lost 13 of 14 and now have won 5 in a row.

First to 83 wins is the winner. :laugh: pretty mediocre.

In-com-plete
08-03-2006, 07:53 AM
We're streaky all right. But the other NL West teams seem to be streaky also.

I have a little theory Med. From the Memorial day weekend series against the Expos to the all star break we played alot of hot teams. The Mets, Oakland, Seattle, and Minnesota come to mind. I think we played Arizona also when they were hot. Then after the all star break we got swept by St Louis twice and SD one. Both of those teams were on fire. Plus you look at our below average bullpen, Aybar and Nomar slumping, and Lowe looking average, plus another DL stint for Kent. We've been through hell the past 2 months.

I'm not a huge fan of these trades we've made. At first I thought the Hendrickson trade was a great, but I did think he was a little better. I feel Izturis should have been traded for some bullpen help instead of a #4 or #5 starter, but atleast they got Izturis on a team where he can play everyday. Same goes for Navarro on Tampa Bay. The trade of Odalis was great, but the more I read about Lugo the more certain I am he's just a rental (BTW, Kent is signed through next year). And I really hated giving up Guzman for him. Plus, I don't know what Lugos going to do when Kent comes back. Unless Nomar can't be back for a while then Kent can play first. But I will say this, atleast these trades haven't been horrible. Far better than the trades of the last 6 or 8 years. And Lugo and/or Maddux might be a spark that wins us the division. But we're going nowhere after that. We can't compete with the Mets or Cards.

Medford Bronco
08-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Greg Maddux was awesome last night :D I just wish there was no rain delay

6 no hit innings is great. I am happy the way this team looks right now only 2 GB in the WC and 3 in the bad NL West. Anything is possible in the National League, who would have thought that. Now that they got rid of Beaz, the bullpen has stabilized with Broxton and Saito at the end.

Tonight Lowe goes against FLA who is hot as well, we shall see. :beer:

CinnaMunMun
08-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Boooo Dodgers!

Lose so the Rockies can get 1st place! You've had your championchips, this one is ours!

Booo! :D

keithbishop
08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Greg Maddux was awesome last night :D I just wish there was no rain delay

6 no hit innings is great. I am happy the way this team looks right now only 2 GB in the WC and 3 in the bad NL West. Anything is possible in the National League, who would have thought that. Now that they got rid of Beaz, the bullpen has stabilized with Broxton and Saito at the end.

Tonight Lowe goes against FLA who is hot as well, we shall see. :beer:

Lowe pitched well, too, but Maddux was incredible.

Isn't it time to revive the " Chicks dig the long ball" commercials??

In-com-plete
08-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Lowe pitched well, too, but Maddux was incredible.

Isn't it time to revive the " Chicks dig the long ball" commercials??
I loved those commercials. When I'm playing golf and hit a great drive I always say that but nobody ever remembers those commercials.

keithbishop
08-05-2006, 09:20 AM
I loved those commercials. When I'm playing golf and hit a great drive I always say that but nobody ever remembers those commercials.

Only the smart ones remember those commercials, right, In-com-plete?? :salute:

Medford Bronco
08-07-2006, 06:27 AM

I remember INC :D

As for the Dodgers I am shocked they won 9 in a row after losing 13 of 14. They are in it :beer: I just hope they can do like Oak a few years ago and have one of those streaks we will always remember. Nomar is due back this week as well. :D

Medford Bronco
08-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Interesting tid bit as well on the Dodgers

Elias Says
The Dodgers have now won nine consecutive games, a streak that began after they lost eight straight. They are the sixth team in major-league history to lose at least eight straight games and follow that immediately with a winning streak of at least eight games. The others: the 1931 Cubs, 1949 Red Sox, 1965 Pirates, 1985 Twins and 2001 Cubs.

For more Elias Says, Click here.

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
BOOO! Boo!

Go Rockies! :D

Stupid Brad Penny! Stink it up for once will ya?

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 09:16 PM
BOOO! Boo!

Listen to Cinny! :fight:

Go Rockos! :D

Medford Bronco
08-08-2006, 06:36 AM
BOOO! Boo!

hey get out of the Dodger thread Cinny LOL JK buddy

I know you guys like the Rockies but the Dodgers are En Fuego. Only 1.5 back in the sucky West and tied for the WC lead. Greg Maddux makes his Dodger stadium debut for the Dodgers :salute:

Calif. Bronco
08-08-2006, 09:27 AM
hey get out of the Dodger thread Cinny LOL JK buddy

I know you guys like the Rockies but the Dodgers are En Fuego. Only 1.5 back in the sucky West and tied for the WC lead. Greg Maddux makes his Dodger stadium debut for the Dodgers :salute:

As Bobby Knight once famously said of his team after a hot streak, "We've put ourselves into position to be in position." I feel the same way about the Dodgers - they've now put themselves into position to make a run for it. Whether they will or not is another story, but at least they're going to play meaningful baseball in September - it sure didn't look like that a week-and-a-half ago.

In-com-plete
08-08-2006, 09:31 AM
BOOO! Boo!

Hey Rockies fans invading the Dodger thread:

The Dodgers yesterday got a win win win. A win win win. A win win win
The Dodgers yesterday got a win win win. At the expense of the Rockies.

Haha. That's I-C-P's stupid (but truthful) song for the day. :D

Medford Bronco
08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
As Bobby Knight once famously said of his team after a hot streak, "We've put ourselves into position to be in position." I feel the same way about the Dodgers - they've now put themselves into position to make a run for it. Whether they will or not is another story, but at least they're going to play meaningful baseball in September - it sure didn't look like that a week-and-a-half ago.

Nice to see you Cali :beer: I hope you enjoy Madduxs Dodger debut at home. Lets hope it is as good as last week. Keep it going Blue.

CinnaMunMun
08-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey Rockies fans invading the Dodger thread:

The Dodgers yesterday got a win win win. A win win win. A win win win
The Dodgers yesterday got a win win win. At the expense of the Rockies.

Haha. That's I-C-P's stupid (but truthful) song for the day. :D
aint it the truth! :ugh:

Alright Dodgers, I havent been following you guys too much lately, but where is Garciapparra? (sp)

Is he on the DL?

And why wont you lose!?!? :D

Calif. Bronco
08-08-2006, 05:45 PM
aint it the truth! :ugh:

Alright Dodgers, I havent been following you guys too much lately, but where is Garciapparra? (sp)

Is he on the DL?

And why wont you lose!?!? :D

Nomar is supposed to come back tomorrow (Wed.) and we won't lose because we have to even out our 1-13 post allstar game debacle.

Medford Bronco
08-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Another win for the Boys. Cali and Inc :salute:

I just hope they can keep it going for the rest of the year. Their bullpen has settleed down nicely. Broxton and Saito are much better than Baez.

D Lowe tonight. Time to bring back the form of April for him I hope

CinnaMunMun
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Stupid stupid Dodgers!

You keep beating us, like all the time!

We had Maddux beat! WHY!?!?! I hope you guys win the division, and we get the wildcard!

Calif. Bronco
08-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Another win for the Boys. Cali and Inc :salute:

I just hope they can keep it going for the rest of the year. Their bullpen has settleed down nicely. Broxton and Saito are much better than Baez.

D Lowe tonight. Time to bring back the form of April for him I hope

Last night they showed me a lot. It was the kind of game they would have definitely lost a few weeks ago. The key to the game was when the Rockies had second and third with two outs in the 8th.The score was only 3-2 at the timme so a single would have put them ahead but instead Broxton struck out their number 6 hitter (Barmes I think? or Hawke?) and it not only kept up ahead but set up Saito having to only face the bottom third of the lineup in the 9th.

Tonight I'm going again to see DLowe - I haven't seen him since Opening Day so let's hope tonight works out a little better than that day! :ugh: :beer:

Medford Bronco
08-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Last night they showed me a lot. It was the kind of game they would have definitely lost a few weeks ago. The key to the game was when the Rockies had second and third with two outs in the 8th.The score was only 3-2 at the timme so a single would have put them ahead but instead Broxton struck out their number 6 hitter (Barmes I think? or Hawke?) and it not only kept up ahead but set up Saito having to only face the bottom third of the lineup in the 9th.

Tonight I'm going again to see DLowe - I haven't seen him since Opening Day so let's hope tonight works out a little better than that day! :ugh: :beer:

that is awesome Cali. :salute: Lets hope D Lowe pitches like he did when I saw him in Boston in 2002, the year he won 20 and was awesome. Just keep the ball Down Derek and you will be fine.

Is Nomar coming back tonight?

In-com-plete
08-09-2006, 12:30 PM
that is awesome Cali. :salute: Lets hope D Lowe pitches like he did when I saw him in Boston in 2002, the year he won 20 and was awesome. Just keep the ball Down Derek and you will be fine.

Or like when I saw him back in May. I think he gave up 5 hits and 1 run in 7 innings. ;)

Calif. Bronco
08-09-2006, 01:05 PM

He's supposed to. The interesting thing though is that, according to today's Daily News, they're not sending Loney down. They want him to give Nomar some time off and he's been working in the outfield also. Plus, with Ledee gone he's going to be the left-handed bat off the bench.

Medford Bronco
08-10-2006, 07:21 AM
The streak had to end sometime :ugh: I just wish they did not waste a good game pitched by D Lowe.

One question I have is in the 7th with runner on 2nd. Why not pinch hit for Lowe :confused: Just a thought.

Now lets hope Billigsley pitches like he can and they win again tonight (sorry Cinny and B girl 47)

Calif. Bronco
08-10-2006, 09:12 AM
The streak had to end sometime :ugh: I just wish they did not waste a good game pitched by D Lowe.

One question I have is in the 7th with runner on 2nd. Why not pinch hit for Lowe :confused: Just a thought.

Now lets hope Billigsley pitches like he can and they win again tonight (sorry Cinny and B girl 47)

I actually don't have a problem with that - DLowe was pitching awesome. It's similar to the Rockies letting Francis hit for himself in the 8th (granted there wasn't anyone on, but you get the point.)

No, the game was essentially lost when Kent came up with the bases loaded and one out and popped up. Also when Lugo got caught trying to steal home - good idea but bad situation. You do that with two outs, not with first and third and one out, IMHO.

But you're right - the streak had to end. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to this. Do they win tonight and then take two of three from the Evil Giants, or do they go into another tailspin?

Medford Bronco
08-10-2006, 09:22 AM
I actually don't have a problem with that - DLowe was pitching awesome. It's similar to the Rockies letting Francis hit for himself in the 8th (granted there wasn't anyone on, but you get the point.)

No, the game was essentially lost when Kent came up with the bases loaded and one out and popped up. Also when Lugo got caught trying to steal home - good idea but bad situation. You do that with two outs, not with first and third and one out, IMHO.

But you're right - the streak had to end. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to this. Do they win tonight and then take two of three from the Evil Giants, or do they go into another tailspin?

Remember I am only watching highlights. :ugh: I only saw the situation on baseball tonight. I feel better now with your analysis.

Yes they win tonight and then take 2 of 3 from the Gints

Also I almost fell over when noticing that the Dodgers are on ESPN on Sunday NIght :beer: Please win for me. I actually get to see them

ESPN used to telecast some late for me at least, games on Wed nights. Now none, I do not get it. ESPN usued to be better a few years ago. No hockey, less baseball geesh. :ugh:

Calif. Bronco
08-10-2006, 09:39 AM
ESPN used to telecast some late for me at least, games on Wed nights. Now none, I do not get it. ESPN usued to be better a few years ago. No hockey, less baseball geesh. :ugh:

But on a positive note, you now get endless hours of poker and rock, paper, scissors championships! :laugh: :eek:

By the way, Sunday should be an awesome game - Maddux vs. Schmidt

In-com-plete
08-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Also I almost fell over when noticing that the Dodgers are on ESPN on Sunday NIght :beer: Please win for me. I actually get to see them

Yeah man, I can't believe they'll be on Sunday. Actually I won't believe it until I see it. The game will probably get rained out or something. But it's amazing ESPN will show someone other than the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, White Sox or Cardinals.

CinnaMunMun
08-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Good game Dodgers! It was close down to the wire!

Whos your guy's pitcher tonight?

Calif. Bronco
08-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Good game Dodgers! It was close down to the wire!

Whos your guy's pitcher tonight?

Chad Billingsley - a rookie who, like most young pitchers, can look dominating at times and very ordinary other times.

CinnaMunMun
08-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Good game Dodgers! *sniff*

*sniff*

If you will excuse me, I'm going to go kill Mesa.......

Snapping Turtle
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Good game Dodgers! *sniff*

*sniff*

I'm with Cin. Good game guys!

Mesa, Mesa, Mesa. :confused:

Calif. Bronco
08-10-2006, 10:50 PM

Of course you'll have to get him before Omar Vizquel does him in first - lol.

Yeah that was a good game (actually a good series - the last three games were tight, low-scoring nail-biters). Now go kick some butt and let's both make the playoffs! :beer: (wouldn't that show all those NL WEST bashers if the Wild Card came from out here?)

CinnaMunMun
08-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Of course you'll have to get him before Omar Vizquel does him in first - lol.

Yeah that was a good game (actually a good series - the last three games were tight, low-scoring nail-biters). Now go kick some butt and let's both make the playoffs! :beer: (wouldn't that show all those NL WEST bashers if the Wild Card came from out here?)

Yea, that was prolly the most exciting series I have seen in a long time!

I hope you guys do win the NL west if we don't! (which we wont) :beer:

Medford Bronco
08-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Yea, that was prolly the most exciting series I have seen in a long time!

I hope you guys do win the NL west if we don't! (which we wont) :beer:

Good luck to the Rockies now they are not playing the Dodgers. BTW the Dodgers win another exciting game. Kenny Lofton as old as he is, has had a good year. Billingsley too many walks, but did okay still. I cant wait until he trusts he stuff and throws more stikes.

Cali and INC, i hope they can continue this against SF. I am not too confindent in Hendrickson though.

Calif. Bronco
08-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Good luck to the Rockies now they are not playing the Dodgers. BTW the Dodgers win another exciting game. Kenny Lofton as old as he is, has had a good year. Billingsley too many walks, but did okay still. I cant wait until he trusts he stuff and throws more stikes.

Cali and INC, i hope they can continue this against SF. I am not too confindent in Hendrickson though.

agree on the walks from Chad last night - I know he only gave up one run, but he was bailed out by a few double plays. He definitely regressed a bit and looked a lot more like the "early in the year" Billingsley than the "last 5 starts" Billingsley. Oh well, he's young and at least he battled through it and they won - earlier in the season he would have given up 5 runs and they would have been beaten.

As for Hendrickson, I can't figure him either. I've seen him look real good for awhile but then awful the next inning. He seems to be one of those guys who has one or two bad innings that sink him but is lights-out the other 5. He'll probably go 6 or 7 innings and give up 5 runs so they better be able to hit Lowry some tonight.

In-com-plete
08-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I just found out the other day that a guy were I work is somehow related to Billingsley. I think his daughter or neice is married to him or he's Billingsley's uncle or something. Anyway I need to meet this guy so he can get me an autograph or something.

Calif. Bronco
08-11-2006, 07:57 AM
I just found out the other day that a guy were I work is somehow related to Billingsley. I think his daughter or neice is married to him or he's Billingsley's uncle or something. Anyway I need to meet this guy so he can get me an autograph or something.

Definitely make friends with that guy! I think Billingsley is going to have a long, productive career. I'm not saying he's going to ever win a Cy Young or become Pedro Martinez or anything but I see him being a 12-15 win, top-part-of-the-rotation guy for a number of years!

In-com-plete
08-11-2006, 08:04 AM
Definitely make friends with that guy! I think Billingsley is going to have a long, productive career. I'm not saying he's going to ever win a Cy Young or become Pedro Martinez or anything but I see him being a 12-15 win, top-part-of-the-rotation guy for a number of years!
Yeah! I wish we had a casual friday or something. I'd buy a Billingsley jersey or shirt with his name on the back and wear it every friday with the hopes that guy would see it. :D

That's the way I see him. Kinda like a Derek Lowe type of guy. Not great but a solid #1 or a very good #2. But I thought Odalis was that kinda guy to.

Calif. Bronco
08-11-2006, 08:06 AM
But I thought Odalis was that kinda guy to.

LMAO! Don't feel too bad: I think we all felt that way!
:beer:

Medford Bronco
08-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah! I wish we had a casual friday or something. I'd buy a Billingsley jersey or shirt with his name on the back and wear it every friday with the hopes that guy would see it. :D

That's the way I see him. Kinda like a Derek Lowe type of guy. Not great but a solid #1 or a very good #2. But I thought Odalis was that kinda guy to.

I think Billigsley throws much harder than Lowe. The little :heh: I have seen has him mid 90s. Is this right Cali.?

D Lowe even when younger never threw much harder than 91-92. Trust me as a Boston fan (yeah I know not good lately) I have seen him a lot over the years.

Calif. Bronco
08-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I think Billigsley throws much harder than Lowe. The little :heh: I have seen has him mid 90s. Is this right Cali.?

D Lowe even when younger never threw much harder than 91-92. Trust me as a Boston fan (yeah I know not good lately) I have seen him a lot over the years.

He definitely throws in the mid-to-lower-90's but he doesn't have anywhere close to Lowe's command - he needs to develop an out pitch like Lowe's sinker (when he's on). I think that'll come with age and experience though.

I think what In-Com meant though was more comparing his place in a rotation to Lowe's, meaning he could be a solid #2 or #3 starter for years but never really a #1. Is that right, In-Com?

In-com-plete
08-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant Cali. I was comparing him to Lowe just because of what you said about him not being a Cy Young kinda guy like Pedro. I said he's kinda like Lowe because Lowe was that good solid starter behind Pedro those years on the Sox.

We just need that Pedro kinda guy. :confused: Damn, I just had a Delino Deshields flashback.

Medford Bronco
08-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant Cali. I was comparing him to Lowe just because of what you said about him not being a Cy Young kinda guy like Pedro. I said he's kinda like Lowe because Lowe was that good solid starter behind Pedro those years on the Sox.

We just need that Pedro kinda guy. :confused: Damn, I just had a Delino Deshields flashback.

:jawdrop: Poor Tommy Lasorda. That Pedro guy is too small to be a starter right :eek:

Calif. Bronco
08-11-2006, 09:57 AM
:jawdrop: Poor Tommy Lasorda. That Pedro guy is too small to be a starter right :eek:

Yes but we kept Ramon Martinez around for years, right? :eek:

Have you guys noticed how we seem to always have the "wrong" brother on our team, so help me Chris Gwynn and Glenn Hoffman?

Calif. Bronco
08-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Another night, another win. A few thoughts about the game:
1 - God it feels good to beat the Giants and sink them a bit further in the celler! :beer:
2 - Broxton struck out Randy Winn on a 97 mph fastball. He got the save tonight and looked lights out. Interesting note that Russell Martin didn't start (day game tomorrow) but was brought in to catch him in the 9th.
3 - They have now followed up a 1-13 stretch with a 13-1 stretch prompting Vin Scully to give "player of the game" to the whole team
4 - Julio Lugo drove in the winning run after consecutive hits by Drew and Ethier off of Mike Stanton, the journeyman lefty who was brought in to pitch to the two lefties.
5 - I am not as convinced as others that Lugo is gone for sure after the season. I can see Kent moving to first and Lugo taking over at second since I don't think Nomar returns (he'll probably get offered a big pay raise from someone.) The only problem with this of course is that James Loney looks ready to take over first base right now - I don't know what they would do with him other than back up Kent.
6 - Hendrickson looked a lot like Billingsley the night before - a lot of hits and walks and thankfully got some key outs when he needed them.
7 - I'm going to the day game tomorrow (Penny vs. Cain) - it's the Fox game of the Week around here but I'm guessing you guys will get the Sox or Yankees for the 900th time this year, right? :ugh:

keithbishop
08-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Ho-Hum.... another day, another Dodgers victory ;) .

Great duel between Maddux and Schmidt. The Dodgers might just walk away with an easy division title if they keep this up. :salute:

Medford Bronco
08-14-2006, 06:25 AM
Did Greg Maddux pitch last night like it was 1994? Yes he does not throw hard but still is a master of movement. I was also impressed with Jason Schmidt. Great pitching duel. Russell Martin is finally making me forget about Paul Loduca 2 years later. I just hope this continues. It was nice to actually you know SEE the Dodgers play :salute:

In-com-plete
08-14-2006, 07:25 AM
Did Greg Maddux pitch last night like it was 1994? Yes he does not throw hard but still is a master of movement. I was also impressed with Jason Schmidt. Great pitching duel. Russell Martin is finally making me forget about Paul Loduca 2 years later. I just hope this continues. It was nice to actually you know SEE the Dodgers play :salute:
I think that's the first time I've watched a baseball game on TV from start to finish since...the last time the Dodgers were on.

I have this wierd feeling. It's kinda like that feeling I got when I was a a kid about 10 minutes after all my presents were opened on Christmas morning.

Calif. Bronco
08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
You guys getting to watch the game on TV - very good!

15 out of 16 - awesome!

Sweeping the Giants on national TV in what will probably be Barry's last trip ever to Dodger Stadium - the ultimate!!!!! :beer:

Medford Bronco
08-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Now 16 out of 17 :salute:
God I hope this continues. This streak was out of left field. Cali, Inc an myself are enjoying this. :D

D Lowe looking better

keithbishop
08-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Lowe out-pitching Willis is impressive indeed :salute:

Calif. Bronco
08-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah this is getting pretty amazing - it's a different "hero" every night! This is now the Dodgers hottest streak since 1953, even before they moved west. :beer:

And to think, I was at their only loss since July 26 :heh:

dontfeedthenerd
08-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Wow, I never noticed this thread... Strange... but I guess I don't wander into this forum very often.

Anyways, I'm glad to see the Dodgers be on such a hot streak, but we are only 2 and a half games ahead of SD. We cannot afford to have another flop of post-All Star break proportions.

In-com-plete
08-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Wow, I never noticed this thread... Strange... but I guess I don't wander into this forum very often.

Anyways, I'm glad to see the Dodgers be on such a hot streak, but we are only 2 and a half games ahead of SD. We cannot afford to have another flop of post-All Star break proportions.
You mean...there's a 4th one of us? :eek: :beer:

Calif. Bronco
08-15-2006, 11:12 AM
You mean...there's a 4th one of us? :eek: :beer:

See what a 16-1 run will do? Win a few more and they'll be coming out of the woodworks! :D

In-com-plete
08-15-2006, 11:35 AM
See what a 16-1 run will do? Win a few more and they'll be coming out of the woodworks! :D
Hopefully we'll get another at 32-2. ;)

I don't think he saw the thread because he hasn't eaten in so long. Does starvation effect you vision?

J/K nerd. Welcome to the greatest thread on Broncomania.

dontfeedthenerd
08-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Hopefully we'll get another at 32-2. ;)

I don't think he saw the thread because he hasn't eaten in so long. Does starvation effect you vision?

J/K nerd. Welcome to the greatest thread on Broncomania.

Haha, well I lived in LA all the way up until I came to college. Right now I'm surrounded by A's and Giants fans.

I think I was a Dodger's fan ever since Nomo was a pitcher. The dude amazed me for his rookie season... then it kinda went downhill after that.

Medford Bronco
08-16-2006, 06:09 AM
Another win :beer:

17 out of 18. I read this is the best streak in 107 years of Dodgers Baseball :D

I hope it continues.

Billingsley looked great last night. (at least in the highlights LOL)

keithbishop
08-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Med-- The best part has to be watching the rest of the division beat up on each other while the Dodgers are beating Florida. 3.5 games and counting.....

Calif. Bronco
08-16-2006, 07:00 AM
17 out of 18. I read this is the best streak in 107 years of Dodgers Baseball :D

Actually, according to this quote from ESPN.com, you're only sort of right - lol: :D

"The last NL team to win 17 of 18 games was the 1986 New York Mets, who went on to win the World Series. No team in franchise history had won 17 of 18 since the Brooklyn Superbas went 20-1 during one stretch in 1899."

The Brooklyn Superbas? I knew they were called the Spiders at some point way back when, but I have never heard of the Superbas? I honestly thought the first time I read the story it said the Superbras :heh: (remember it's still early out here)

Calif. Bronco
08-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Billingsley looked great last night. (at least in the highlights LOL)

I was down there last night and let me assure you the highlights didn't lie - it was by far the best he has ever looked in the majors. :beer: He had perfect location and threw strikes for once (he only walked one and that was in his last inning of work after about 100 pitches). I think Grady's not-so-subtle comments about how he better start throwing strikes or he's going to the bullpen may have hit home with him.

Medford Bronco
08-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Med-- The best part has to be watching the rest of the division beat up on each other while the Dodgers are beating Florida. 3.5 games and counting.....

thanks buddy :salute:

gulp ** maybe a 1977, 1978, 1981 re-match***

Yes I am getting ahead of myself and have not given up on the Sox (but they are sucking right now) I can dream right ;)

Who even 3 weeks agos even would have given this a second of thought. Maybe Vin Scully

The NL is not good and IF LA gets in who knows. There is still a lot of ball left. But this is the first time since 2004 when Finley hit a walkoff grand slam to win the division, i have been excited about LA!!

Calif. Bronco
08-16-2006, 08:15 AM
The NL is not good and IF LA gets in who knows.

Especially with Pedro's health issues in New York - if this were to make him Un-Pedro-Like in October then the NL is really wide open, IMHO. :coffee:

dontfeedthenerd
08-16-2006, 09:49 AM
I was watching the game unfold on ESPN gamecast, it was pretty quiet all the way until the 7th. I'm just glad we made all the noise.

1 more Florida game, then 3 game series against SF right?

Calif. Bronco
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
I was watching the game unfold on ESPN gamecast, it was pretty quiet all the way until the 7th. I'm just glad we made all the noise.

1 more Florida game, then 3 game series against SF right?

Yeah, day game today so I can't go :mad: Then a day off tomorrow and up to the Bay Area. Gonna go to any of them Nerd?

dontfeedthenerd
08-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah, day game today so I can't go :mad: Then a day off tomorrow and up to the Bay Area. Gonna go to any of them Nerd?

I'm broke, and it's a pain the ass to go to a Giant's game. I'm not a fan of the stadium or the fans. So many of them think that Bonds is the next coming of Jesus or something. I say, toss him into the Bay and see if he can walk on water.

Calif. Bronco
08-16-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm broke, and it's a pain the ass to go to a Giant's game. I'm not a fan of the stadium or the fans. So many of them think that Bonds is the next coming of Jesus or something. I say, toss him into the Bay and see if he can walk on water.

LMAO :laugh: He's so weighted down by juice and bad legs I don't even think he could swim :D

dontfeedthenerd
08-16-2006, 11:29 AM
LMAO :laugh: He's so weighted down by juice and bad legs I don't even think he could swim :D

Exactly my point

Calif. Bronco
08-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Well, I guess if you're only going to lose once a month you should do it in style. Yesterday was a good old-fashioned butt whoopin! :eek:

One positive though - according to today's Times, Greg Maddox actually offered to throw an inning of mop-up yesterday instead of doing his between starts bullpen session. Grady wisely (IMHO) said "thanks but no thanks" but to me this shows what a team-oriented gamer this guy is. :beer:

dontfeedthenerd
08-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Well, I guess if you're only going to lose once a month you should do it in style. Yesterday was a good old-fashioned butt whoopin! :eek:

One positive though - according to today's Times, Greg Maddox actually offered to throw an inning of mop-up yesterday instead of doing his between starts bullpen session. Grady wisely (IMHO) said "thanks but no thanks" but to me this shows what a team-oriented gamer this guy is. :beer:

Meeeeeh... Got whooooped good.

Let's see if we can't bring out the broom against SF tho.

In-com-plete
08-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Just thought I'd share this picture (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=dc723d3c8a074ff1a213e220812718f1.bronco s_camp_football_cojd105&prov=ap) with you guys. :D

Medford Bronco
08-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Just thought I'd share this picture (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=dc723d3c8a074ff1a213e220812718f1.bronco s_camp_football_cojd105&prov=ap) with you guys. :D

It shows what a smart player he is :salute:

Now only if we can start to get hot again. A 4 game lead shrunk to 1 pretty quick :eek:

In-com-plete
08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
It shows what a smart player he is :salute:

Now only if we can start to get hot again. A 4 game lead shrunk to 1 pretty quick :eek:
It's those damn Padres man. I think I actually hate them worse than the Giants. :brick:

Nah. But I've really grown to hate them the last few years. They dominate against us. I think I heard this morning we're 1-11 against them this year.

***Edit:
Just heard we're 3-11 against the Padres this year not 1-11. Either way it sucks.

Calif. Bronco
08-24-2006, 04:35 PM

You know I'm starting to like that kid more and more each day! :beer:

So what the heck happened - I go out of town for a few days, don't post on here, and you guys let them get swept by the Padres? :brick: I think the four of us who actually read this thread need to call a meeting and get this thing back on track ASAP :D

dontfeedthenerd
08-24-2006, 05:31 PM
If it helps, I cried myself to sleep last night :brick:

Calif. Bronco
08-24-2006, 08:20 PM
If it helps, I cried myself to sleep last night :brick:

That's a good start soldier :salute:

Medford Bronco
08-25-2006, 06:01 AM
You know I'm starting to like that kid more and more each day! :beer:

So what the heck happened - I go out of town for a few days, don't post on here, and you guys let them get swept by the Padres? :brick: I think the four of us who actually read this thread need to call a meeting and get this thing back on track ASAP :D

Okay here are the Members of Dodger Nation

Medford Bronco resides in Medford MA
In-com-plete (named after an Aaron Brooks Pass( :laugh: ) Richmond Virginia
Calif. Bronco resides in Newhall CA and
the newest member dontfeedthenerd resides in Berkeley CA

This is Dodger nation

please reply and say how long you have been a fan. Med has been a fan since 1981 and a hardcore since 1985 when the Dodgers were my Babe Ruth Team at 14 :clap:

Calif. Bronco
08-25-2006, 07:23 AM

This is Dodger nation

please reply and say how long you have been a fan. Med has been a fan since 1981 and a hardcore since 1985 when the Dodgers were my Babe Ruth Team at 14 :clap:

My family has had season tickets (first through my Dad's work then family-owned) since before I was born. So I imagine I've been a fan since conception ;)

In-com-plete
08-25-2006, 07:28 AM

This is Dodger nation

Kind of a long story. But hey, we've got time.

When I started really watching baseball as a kid I saw a game between the Mets and Reds. It was '85 and Gary Carter hit two home runs in that game. I thought that was the most amazing thing ever and remember asking my dad if anyone had ever done that before. :heh: But I played catcher on my minor league team and he was a catcher so he just became my favorite player. I wasn't really a Mets fan, but pulled for them just because of Carter. Over time I started liking Dykstra and Strawberry better. Carter was past his prime and I wanted a new player. Sometime later Dykstra was traded to the Phillies and Carter went to the Giants (then Dodgers). I didn't understand how the Mets could do that. Let these guys go. Anyway in '91 Straw signed with the Dodgers and I just became a fan of the Dodgers. I liked the Mets, but was more loyal to players as a kid. And when Straw went to the Giants I had already built up this hate for them by liking the Dodgers. So to answer you question Med...'91. :D

Medford Bronco
08-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Kind of a long story. But hey, we've got time.

When I started really watching baseball as a kid I saw a game between the Mets and Reds. It was '85 and Gary Carter hit two home runs in that game. I thought that was the most amazing thing ever and remember asking my dad if anyone had ever done that before. :heh: But I played catcher on my minor league team and he was a catcher so he just became my favorite player. I wasn't really a Mets fan, but pulled for them just because of Carter. Over time I started liking Dykstra and Strawberry better. Carter was past his prime and I wanted a new player. Sometime later Dykstra was traded to the Phillies and Carter went to the Giants (then Dodgers). I didn't understand how the Mets could do that. Let these guys go. Anyway in '91 Straw signed with the Dodgers and I just became a fan of the Dodgers. I liked the Mets, but was more loyal to players as a kid. And when Straw went to the Giants I had already built up this hate for them by liking the Dodgers. So to answer you question Med...'91. :D

great story INC :salute: and Cali you are tried and true.

My original 1981 was becuse I loved Fernando and 85 because of Hershiser. I have stayed ever since. I like Boston 2nd but LA will always be 1st :D

Calif. Bronco
08-25-2006, 07:40 AM
great story INC :salute: and Cali you are tried and true.

My original 1981 was becuse I loved Fernando and 85 because of Hershiser. I have stayed ever since. I like Boston 2nd but LA will always be 1st :D

That's interesting because in 1975 I started liking Boston (after that great WS against the Reds) and they were #2 for 30 years or so. I used to go to Anaheim every year to see them and everything. Then something changed after '04 and although they are probably still #2 for me they have moved way down. I guess it was like they finally won and didn't need me anymore or something.

Medford Bronco
08-25-2006, 10:26 AM
That's interesting because in 1975 I started liking Boston (after that great WS against the Reds) and they were #2 for 30 years or so. I used to go to Anaheim every year to see them and everything. Then something changed after '04 and although they are probably still #2 for me they have moved way down. I guess it was like they finally won and didn't need me anymore or something.

They should move back up as they need all the help they can get this year :eek: trust me I have watched a lot recently and it has been :brick:

keithbishop
08-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Tough to sleep after the yankees loss..... might as well check out the Dodgers/ D-Backs game.... tied at 7 in the 15th. The D-Backs left the bases loaded in the 13th and 14th and have stranded 21 runners thus far :eek: .

DawgFanatic
08-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Tough to sleep after the yankees loss..... might as well check out the Dodgers/ D-Backs game.... tied at 7 in the 15th. The D-Backs left the bases loaded in the 13th and 14th and have stranded 21 runners thus far :eek: .
yes, they couldn't been able to 'get it done' so far, hopefully they pull thru,d-backs..

DawgFanatic
08-25-2006, 11:48 PM
orlando hudson two run walkoff helllllllllllllllllllll yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

keithbishop
08-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Hudson crushed that one :ugh: . Damn. Sorry, Med.

DawgFanatic
08-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Hudson crushed that one :ugh: . Damn. Sorry, Med.
one game closer to that number one spot!!3 games behind now med, :idiot:
two thumbs up!!!!!!!!

keithbishop
08-26-2006, 12:41 AM
one game closer to that number one spot!!3 games behind now med, :idiot:
two thumbs up!!!!!!!!

Is that a "Ha, Ha!!! We're only 3 games behind you and we're sneaking up on San Diego for 2nd in the division" smilie?? :rolleyes:

OK. I guess...... :ugh: . Just for the heck of it, though..... in The Official LA Dodger Thread...... you might ask yourself how foolish that could look considering you have 2 more games vs. LA THIS WEEKEND.

Free advice..... and free to ignore, of course...... but those who talk smack too early in a 3-game series (much less a 162-game season) often end up with egg on their faces.

Celebrating tonight's win.... sure. Celebrating a walkoff win vs. a division opponent...... makes sense. Going beyond that, however, makes me take even more interest in the result of trading Shawn Green in the middle of a pennant race. Calling out Med...... not cool.

Med: guess I'll be rooting even harder for the Dodgers now.

DawgFanatic
08-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Is that a "Ha, Ha!!! We're only 3 games behind you and we're sneaking up on San Diego for 2nd in the division" smilie?? :rolleyes:

OK. I guess...... :ugh: . Just for the heck of it, though..... in The Official LA Dodger Thread...... you might ask yourself how foolish that could look considering you have 2 more games vs. LA THIS WEEKEND.

Free advice..... and free to ignore, of course...... but those who talk smack too early in a 3-game series (much less a 162-game season) often end up with egg on their faces.

Celebrating tonight's win.... sure. Celebrating a walkoff win vs. a division opponent...... makes sense. Going beyond that, however, makes me take even more interest in the result of trading Shawn Green in the middle of a pennant race. Calling out Med...... not cool.

Med: guess I'll be rooting even harder for the Dodgers now.
lol chill, i wasn't even talking directly at u, me and med mess around... :D

keithbishop
08-26-2006, 09:11 AM
lol chill, i wasn't even talking directly at u, me and med mess around... :D

No problem. I wondered if that was the case, but Med gives me me 50 CP a month to beat up non-Dodger fans :fight: ;) .

keithbishop
08-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Another close game tonight. The Dodgers won 4-3 on a Jeff Kent solo HR in the top of the 9th. Saito had a 1-2-3 9th for the save. Derek Lowe left with an injury.

The Giants win drops Arizona to 4th in the division. SD won today as well.

Notes on Lowe's injury:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=mlb&id=2395

keithbishop
08-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Med-- Tell DawgFanatic I told him so :D .

dontfeedthenerd
08-27-2006, 06:42 PM
2 games ahead... But somehow we can't touch SD when we play them. :brick:

Medford Bronco
08-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Med-- Tell DawgFanatic I told him so :D .

KB dawg is cool :D

At least LA can beat Ariz 2 out of 3, unlike SD :eek:

Better than my Red FLops. Manny is an :idiot:

Hendrickson tonight :brick: against the Reds. I am not too confident in a Tampa cast off. Mabye the pen will save the men in Blue.

Also go Diamondbacks vs SD

Calif. Bronco
08-28-2006, 11:11 PM
What a game tonight - a definite look into the future. Martin homers with Ethier aboard and then Broxton comes in with the tying run on second and 1 out in the 8th and gets the last 5 outs for the save. These three rookies continue to shine. I don't know if we're gonna win it this year but I love our future. :beer:

Medford Bronco
08-29-2006, 06:03 AM
What a game tonight - a definite look into the future. Martin homers with Ethier aboard and then Broxton comes in with the tying run on second and 1 out in the 8th and gets the last 5 outs for the save. These three rookies continue to shine. I don't know if we're gonna win it this year but I love our future. :beer:

Me too :dance:

I love that Broxton can thow heat and seems to have better control of his slider lately. :D

I can just picture Matt Kemp in our OF next year as well :beer:

Calif. Bronco
08-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Hendrickson tonight :brick: against the Reds. I am not too confident in a Tampa cast off. Mabye the pen will save the men in Blue.

Another "stellar" night by the former NBA player - 4 runs and 9 hits in 4 innings. Completely wiped away a 4-1 lead! :brick: Oh well, he's out of there now so maybe Sele can pitch decently and we can score some runs and win this thing!

Medford Bronco
08-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Another "stellar" night by the former NBA player - 4 runs and 9 hits in 4 innings. Completely wiped away a 4-1 lead! :brick: Oh well, he's out of there now so maybe Sele can pitch decently and we can score some runs and win this thing!

At least the won :salute: It took forever but as Bill Parcells says you are what your record is and the Dodgers are in 1st place :dance:

Derek Lowe went back to his days as a relief pitcher with Boston and was outstanding. :D

Reserve IF hitting a walkoff is as great as seeing her (http://www.staticfiends.com/mariah/Mariah_Carey_chillin.jpg)

Medford Bronco
08-31-2006, 06:16 AM
What a pickup Greg Maddux has been. Another win and maintain their 3 game lead going into Sep. I just hope this is a fun month. :salute:

Also the Dodgers picked up I believe. Going into Aug 1st this team was 50-55, now they sit at 71-62. I would say a hell of a month, yes :dance: their low point was on Jul 26th at 47-55 so 24-7 not bad. :D

All helped by Maddux, Betemeit, Lugo and of course the health of Jeff Kent.

Even better news is David Wells might be coming here to replace Hendrickson the TB stiff :D

Calif. Bronco
08-31-2006, 07:02 AM
I normally don't like off days when a team is on a roll but I think this one may be coming at the right time for the whole team, especially the bullpen.

Was at the game last night and all I can say is "vintage Maddux" - he made two sensational plays with his glove, singled in a run, squeezed in another, covered first after a line drive off of Nomar's glove (I know it doesn't seem like much but, because of the way the play unfolded, 90% of big-league pitchers are late covering on that play) and worked quickly as usual - he had us into the 7th inning before 9 o'clock. :beer:

21-7 marks their best August ever! :salute:

According to today's Times, the Dodgers aren't going to get Wells because they refuse to part with Kemp, Loney, or LaRoche - good move IMHO. I think David Wells would help them, but not at the expense of one of those three (especially since two of them could be in the starting line-up on Opening Day next year)

Quick note about Tuesday's marathon: It was the first time in the 116-year history of the Dodgers that they started and ended a game with a home-run. While I think this is impressive I also wonder who the stat geek is who researched/discovered this. :paper:

Can we put a fork in the Giants now? :idiot:

And finally, nice pic of Mariah Med! ;)

Medford Bronco
09-05-2006, 06:01 AM
SD just will not go away. :ugh:

The lead has shrunk to 2 games. LA plays so much better in Dodger stadium and tonight Hendrickson :brick:

Calif. Bronco
09-05-2006, 06:07 AM

The lead has shrunk to 2 games. LA plays so much better in Dodger stadium and tonight Hendrickson :brick:

The inconsistency of this team is maddening! :brick:

keithbishop
09-05-2006, 06:10 AM

I listened to the last few innings of the Dodgers game yesterday, Med. Not even Bucky Bobblehead and I could bring them luck. :ugh:

Medford Bronco
09-06-2006, 06:04 AM
I know their offense was bad last night, but for the love of God please get rid of the stiff Hendrickson. If he was bad on Tampa why would ANYONE Want that stiff.

Lead shrunk to one game. This year LA does nothing easy. I just hope tonight they show up. SD is playing awfully well right now and next week a 4 game series is looming. :brick:

Calif. Bronco
09-06-2006, 06:08 AM
I know their offense was bad last night, but for the love of God please get rid of the stiff Hendrickson. If he was bad on Tampa why would ANYONE Want that stiff.

Lead shrunk to one game. This year LA does nothing easy. I just hope tonight they show up. SD is playing awfully well right now and next week a 4 game series is looming. :brick:

Agree completely on Hendrickson! :brick:

I knew this would be a tough, make-or-break road trip but I honestly thought the four in New York would be the tough games, not the three in Milwaukee and Chicago :duh:

Medford Bronco
09-07-2006, 05:38 AM
At least the losing streak is over :D

Now it is on to NY for 4 games. I just hope for a split to stay in it. :brick: :hammer:

keithbishop
09-07-2006, 05:40 AM
At least the losing streak is over :D

Now it is on to NY for 4 games. I just hope for a split to stay in it. :brick: :hammer:

Big win last night, Med. I listened to the last 2 innings of the Padres game last night..... just to hear them win on a walkoff HR. Damned Rockies relievers :ugh: .

Medford Bronco
09-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Big win last night, Med. I listened to the last 2 innings of the Padres game last night..... just to hear them win on a walkoff HR. Damned Rockies relievers :ugh: .

No problem. Colorado sucks every year (sorry Cinny and Snapping Turtle). When was the last time they were actually above 500 for a season. Kind of a while dont you think. So the last time was 2000. Not very good.

Year-by-Year Results
Year W-L Pct. Finish
2005 67-95 .414 5th
2004 68-94 .420 4th
2003 74-88 .457 4th
2002 73-89 .451 4th
2001 73-89 .451 5th
2000 82-80 .506 4th
1999 72-90 .444 5th
1998 77-85 .475 4th
1997 83-79 .512 3rd
1996 83-79 .512 3rd
1995 77-67 .535 2nd
1994 53-64 .453 3rd
1993 67-95 .414 6th

keithbishop
09-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Mets 7 Dodgers 0.

The Dodgers lead the Padres by 1/2 game. :ugh:

I can't stand the Mets (except for Willie Randolph :salute: ).