PDA

View Full Version : coach mike

ban005
01-06-2004, 02:29 PM
The way the players have played the last 2 games, Do they want to play football or are they tired of Mike as coach and want someone new. He has done some pretty dumb things with calls this year in games.
Is it time after 9 yrs to get a new coach.

Elway
01-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Mile isn't going anywhere, he is almost as big a fixture as Bill Cower is in Pittsburgh or Jeff Fischer in Tenn.

KOLTS1
01-06-2004, 09:10 PM
My honest opinion, Mike Shanahan needs to go. I've said this to a buddy of mine at work back when Denver lost to K.C. It's not just this year alone, but the past few seasons where Mike has done some of the worst play calling. The Broncos have had numerous records set against them these past 2 years or so. Peyton Manning with over 340 passing yards in the first half, Dante Hall running back a punt return from the goal line, Corey Dillion and Jamal lewis both rushing for over 200 yards. The lost to New England where PATS coach just outsmarted Mike. When was the last time Denver had a offensive player in the pro bowl? If I were Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe I'd be looking to play elsewhere. Let John Elway coach the Broncos, he'd probably do a lot better than Mike. MY 2 CENTS

sirspence007
01-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Mike is to good of a coach to let go and beside look at all da job openings this off season one of those teams will swoop him up like da butt raiders

sirspence007
01-06-2004, 09:33 PM
It isnt Mike Play calling its how da players perform
u cant do anything about Jamal Lewis rushing for 200 yards and Dante Hall Kick Return i counted 5 clips on dat play and peyton manning can someone remind me how they got there second Td Everyone just argured about Harrison catching da ball and he jsut got up and ran it all da way. Ive never seen a coach throw an interception after there playing carreer is done. or throw a TD so coaches dont WIn or Lose da game players do and i dont want to here anything about da players dont respond to da coach cause mike is one da most respected coahesout and Half da teams wouldnt mind geting Mike or a coach like mike

PlummersTheMan!
01-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by ban005
The way the players have played the last 2 games, Do they want to play football or are they tired of Mike as coach and want someone new. He has done some pretty dumb things with calls this year in games.
Is it time after 9 yrs to get a new coach.

I cant believe this! I am only 15 and when I became old enough to actually watch football and kno what was going on Mike was coaching the Broncos and I decided the Broncos would be my team! I can't imagin them with out mike he is the greatest HC of all time! He took the Broncos to back to back Championships! Dont go saying it was John, cuz i know it was but who made john who he was Mike! So stop talking of getting rid of mike! I bet Elway didnt sit at home and go " Bad D, O is off, injuries all year, they are getting cream!...Lets get rid of MIKE!" No I think not! From what I have seen it appears Elway and Mike really got along and next year when Mike will lead the Broncos to the playoffs again. I think they have geat SB chances next year! By then the d will be more experienced the o will have worked togeather longer and the team will be better they have a lot of talent and I cant believe that a real Fan would let one lost make them want to get rid of the greatest HC! The thought of Mike leaving in my opinion never should have even come up! Its just crazy! :fight:

this will be me if Mike leaves :duh:

ban005
01-08-2004, 04:04 PM
you can all defend coach mike, but some of the things he's done this year are really stupid. If a player is doing something right leave him in and let go don't pull him and give up. Also you don't tell a qb the night before he will start and not give him any reps all week, that's even dumber. I just think the players are ready for some new ideas and input. Don't get me wrong he is a good coach, but after a long time in the same place things go stale. I've watched several coaches over the years and there comes a time that they need to move on. Just my opinion.

mj17
01-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Mike is here to stay. Back to back championships, I know we can thank Elway for them also, but since he left Mike hasn't had the talent. Thank God for sending Griese to Miami and Plummer coming to the Broncos, I believe that with Mike coaching and Plummer as QB that we will see them take another superbowl championship in the near future.

PlummersTheMan!
01-10-2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by mj17
Mike is here to stay. Back to back championships, I know we can thank Elway for them also, but since he left Mike hasn't had the talent. Thank God for sending Griese to Miami and Plummer coming to the Broncos, I believe that with Mike coaching and Plummer as QB that we will see them take another superbowl championship in the near future.

Thank You its nice to see someone eles has faithin Mike. I find it really sad that some "fans" are ready to just get rid of Mike after he coached the team to two SBs! Hes still as good as he was then he just needed talent to work with and Griese wasnt it! Im so glad he went to Miami, who by the was didnt make it to the playoffs. That shows that these last years werent mikes fault but just a lack of talent on the team! I also think Plummers got a real future in Denver!

Return of Lava
01-12-2004, 12:33 PM
You people are confused. Mike isnt the one in the box looking at the defenses, thats the offenbsive coordinator, Gary Kubiak is supposed to recognize whats open, if he sees a team is stacking the run, then he is supposed to tell mike to pass. stop blaming mike for kubiak's decisions. neither one needs to go, but if there is somebody to blame, its kubiak. shanny has a sideline view, and you're supposed to call plays based on the defense of the other team and the plays they run. shanny cant see that as well as kubiak. thats the REASON, they go up there in the skybox. Those who want shanahan gone have no idea what football is about. I pity you. go pick up a book or somethng. This hindsight crap makes me sick.

BTW who were you planning on replacing shanahan anyway? i would really like to know. Dan Reeves?

PlummersTheMan!
01-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
You people are confused. Mike isnt the one in the box looking at the defenses, thats the offenbsive coordinator, Gary Kubiak is supposed to recognize whats open, if he sees a team is stacking the run, then he is supposed to tell mike to pass. stop blaming mike for kubiak's decisions. neither one needs to go, but if there is somebody to blame, its kubiak. shanny has a sideline view, and you're supposed to call plays based on the defense of the other team and the plays they run. shanny cant see that as well as kubiak. thats the REASON, they go up there in the skybox. Those who want shanahan gone have no idea what football is about. I pity you. go pick up a book or somethng. This hindsight crap makes me sick.

BTW who were you planning on replacing shanahan anyway? i would really like to know. Dan Reeves?

!!!!!!!!!!!Very well put!!!!!!!!!!!:D

halfback
01-13-2004, 05:27 AM
Like him or not, Shanahan wont leave until he is ready, bolen will never fire him

BroncClaymore
02-11-2004, 11:28 AM
If people are wanting Mike to go then i say give him one more year. Steve Young of all people has tipped the Broncos for next season allready, and he also said WITH Terrel Owens! Maybe the Broncos will be the next 1999 Rams? Just loaded with talent in all positions? The only real problem i see in the team is consistency! Get these guys on there game EVERY week and we WILL BE the best! :cheers:

Littlebear
02-11-2004, 01:13 PM
A M E N !!! lava , I could'nta said it better