PDA

View Full Version : You pick an AFC team and NFC team! Not to win!



jocool
01-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Out of the 8 teams left, pick two teams. One from the AFC and one from the NFC. These 2 teams are teams=( that theres no way in HECK) you want to see either of them in the SuperBOWL!


Chefs
Rams

The Big Dane
01-06-2004, 09:25 PM
My choice compliments yours, though I don't care too much about the NFC team, would like to see the Panthers succeed though, for some reason I like that team.

broncoforlife
01-06-2004, 11:36 PM
and to look at the teams I'd like to see there the most it'd be Philly and KC. Here's why: we understand here in Denver what it's like to wait our turn and how much we appreciate it when it finally happens. For the Colts, though the franchise has been around for 50 years they've been in Indianapolis for less than 20; the Panthers are less than 10 years old. The Eagles haven't won an NFL title since 1960 (and never won the Super Bowl) and the Chiefs haven't been back to the bowl in 33 years. Both teams have some of the most loyal fans in the game and I think it'd be great to see one of them finally get a ring.

colt18
01-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Actually the Colts have been here for 20 years, not less than 20 years. The KC home playoff record shows how much they deserve a SB. Look at KC's record and schedule. That schedule was pitiful. The Salvation Army could have had a winning record against that schedule. Minus the 2 games against the Broncs. I mean seriously. Play the Chargers twice, and the Raiders twice. The only 2 playoff teams they played were Broncs and Ravens. Split with you and barely beat the Ravens(no offense). I respect the Chiefs but their home playoff record and schedule tend to lead me to believe that they are not as good as their record.

Colts played Titans twice(won both), Pats once(lost by one yard, due to crappy playcalling), Carolina (lost due to a bad call on Int by Bratzke that was ruled an incomplet pass), Denver lost reg game won playoff(sorry not rubbing it in). Fact is our D is better. Actually 10 spots better on ranking. Offense, well who would you rather have Manning or Green??? Not to mention Wide Receivers?? Sorry but Indy really has an advantage in this game.

ol' number 7
01-06-2004, 11:48 PM
I don't care much as long as it's not the Cheats. Sorry Chief fans but I honestly believe you have had some lucky breaks and do not belong where you are.

If there is any reality in football you will be properly spanked by the colts.

My pick for the Superbowl = Eagles and Colts

As much as I would like to see Bret Favre have another run I think this one is going to be battle of the MVP's

broncoforlife
01-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by colt18
Actually the Colts have been here for 20 years, not less than 20 years. The KC home playoff record shows how much they deserve a SB. Look at KC's record and schedule. That schedule was pitiful. The Salvation Army could have had a winning record against that schedule. Minus the 2 games against the Broncs. I mean seriously. Play the Chargers twice, and the Raiders twice. The only 2 playoff teams they played were Broncs and Ravens. Split with you and barely beat the Ravens(no offense). I respect the Chiefs but their home playoff record and schedule tend to lead me to believe that they are not as good as their record.

Colts played Titans twice(won both), Pats once(lost by one yard, due to crappy playcalling), Carolina (lost due to a bad call on Int by Bratzke that was ruled an incomplet pass), Denver lost reg game won playoff(sorry not rubbing it in). Fact is our D is better. Actually 10 spots better on ranking. Offense, well who would you rather have Manning or Green??? Not to mention Wide Receivers?? Sorry but Indy really has an advantage in this game. My bad on the years; I thought you'd got the team in '86. Guess it was '84. :o Can't argue with you about this weeks game; no way I can see KC as a Super Bowl team because of their holes on defense.

However, as much as the offenses of both teams have contributed this year you're both bucking history if you're able to win the Super Bowl. The reason I say that is because of where you rank in points allowed during the regular season. The average of all Super Bowl winners since the merger of the two leagues is 4th; only 2 of the 32 winners since then have finished outside of the top 10, and no one ranked in the bottom half of the league in points allowed has ever won a Super Bowl (you're sitting 20th out of the 32 teams; Chiefs are 19th.) I'm not saying it can't happen :) ; just pointing out that you both would establish a Super Bowl first if you're succesful. Good luck!

Oh, yeah - my pick: New England over Philly

colt18
01-07-2004, 08:14 AM
I read that stat in another post I think. It is an interesting stat, and Im sure it is consistent for a reason. I sure hope we can over come that Pts allowed thing in the postseason. It has hurt us this year. My fingers are crossed.

pikman
01-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Patriots vs Panthers

AFC
Indy will beat KC this weekend in a shoot-out. Patriots D will shut down the Titans in Foxborough. I think the Pats proved in the regular season that they have the guns to compete with the Colts and they are at home.

NFC
I don't think St. Louis can get it done, at home or not. The Panthers have surprised all year they won't stop now. Philly will beat the Packers at home. Carolina will beat Philly in Philly by pounding the ball with Davis.

SB
Patriots 24
Panthers 13

jocool
01-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by pikman
Patriots vs Panthers

AFC
Indy will beat KC this weekend in a shoot-out. Patriots D will shut down the Titans in Foxborough. I think the Pats proved in the regular season that they have the guns to compete with the Colts and they are at home.

NFC
I don't think St. Louis can get it done, at home or not. The Panthers have surprised all year they won't stop now. Philly will beat the Packers at home. Carolina will beat Philly in Philly by pounding the ball with Davis.

SB
Patriots 24
Panthers 13


Nice!!!!!! Ilike it!

Nixhex78
01-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by colt18


Colts played Titans twice(won both), Pats once(lost by one yard, due to crappy playcalling), Carolina (lost due to a bad call on Int by Bratzke that was ruled an incomplet pass), Denver lost reg game won playoff(sorry not rubbing it in). Fact is our D is better. Actually 10 spots better on ranking. Offense, well who would you rather have Manning or Green??? Not to mention Wide Receivers?? Sorry but Indy really has an advantage in this game.

You beat your division rival twice. Good for you. You lost to the other 2 playoff teams you played. You played 3 playoff teams during the regular season and had a record of 2-2. Both of those wins over the same team. The Chiefs played 3 playoff teams as well. The Broncos (twice) the Packers(whom you forgot to mention) and the Ravens. I seem to recall the Chiefs going 3-1 in those games. Sounds like your BCS schedule argument can kiss our Chief loving arses.

Edit: You got to play the Jags and the Texans twice. Lost to the Jags and barely beat the Texans the last time you played them. We destroyed the Charges and handled the Raiders. Ummm! Yeah!

broncoforlife
01-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Nixhex78
You beat your division rival twice. Good for you. You lost to the other 2 playoff teams you played. You played 3 playoff teams during the regular season and had a record of 2-2. Both of those wins over the same team. The Chiefs played 3 playoff teams as well. The Broncos (twice) the Packers(whom you forgot to mention) and the Ravens. I seem to recall the Chiefs going 3-1 in those games. Sounds like your BCS schedule argument can kiss our Chief loving arses.

Edit: You got to play the Jags and the Texans twice. Lost to the Jags and barely beat the Texans the last time you played them. We destroyed the Charges and handled the Raiders. Ummm! Yeah! Actually, the Colts had 5 games against playoff teams and went 2-3. In addition to beating Tennessee twice they lost to Carolina, New England, and the Broncos.

You destroyed the Chargers - in one game. Yet you had to struggle to beat them by 4 in November and both games against the Raiders weren't decided until late in the game. You also lost more games to non-playoff teams than the Colts did, and while you guys are next to each other in points allowed the Colts rank ahead of you by 17 positions in total defense and rank right behind you in both scoring and total offense. Then there's the little item that no team ever ranked 3rd from last in total defense has ever even been to the Super bowl. I think your arguments have some holes, my friend...... :)

Nixhex78
01-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Those are all stats anyway. There is a reason they play the game. We will see what happens come Sunday!