PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Official Colorado Rockies Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

AvsFan26
06-27-2006, 05:07 PM
First off i hope the title of this thread makes some people laugh cuz i know i laughed all while i was making it. but seriously i do follow the rockies just to see how bad they are, so if anyone has a discussion to make, go ahead and start it. and please continue to laugh

str8jacket
06-27-2006, 05:10 PM
First off i hope the title of this thread makes some people laugh cuz i know i laughed all while i was making it. but seriously i do follow the rockies just to see how bad they are, so if anyone has a discussion to make, go ahead and start it. and please continue to laugh
they arent doing all that bad

im a fan and im not laughing

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Even if you think the Rockies are laugh-worthy right now (which they aren't), they won't be for long. The farm system (especially the Tulsa Drillers) is stacked with talent and they should be reaping the benefits by next season. Watch out for Ubaldo Jimenez who has been dominant in AA and will soon be promoted to AAA. His violent, injury-causing mechanics have been improved and his stuff, which features a 100+ MPH fastball, is as good as ever. Also, look out for catcher Chris Iannetta who was just promoted to AAA. He could be the Rockies opening day catcher in 2007 (though I'd still put my money on Torrealba).

As for the current Rockies, I'm very happy with them this season. Sure, we all knew they'd be better this year than last year, but how many people thought they'd still be a relevant team in the NL West in late June? I sure as hell didn't. The "Gen-R" thing has worked out very well. I couldn't be happier with Hawpe, Holliday, and Atkins. Clint Barmes, on the other hand, has been terrible at the plate. Hopefully, Hurdle moving him up in the lineup will help. The starting pitching rotation is as good as it's been in years. Jennings, Cook, and Francis at the top of the rotation are very solid while Kim and Fogg have both been pleasant surprises at the bottom end. However, I'm not happy with the bullpen at all. Jose Mesa completely blew it last night and looked like the Jose Mesa of years past, not the one who played so well at the beginning of this season. Ray King and Tom Martin are only decent lefties. Scott Dohmann's hasn't played well. David Cortes has been alright. But only Ramon Ramirez has been anything special. He could potentially be a closer or starter as well, but this year, I'd rather have him as the setup man than Mesa. Fuentes, of course, is a good closer.

Are there any other big Rockies fans here? And how do you guys feel about the current state of the organization?

str8jacket
06-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Even if you think the Rockies are laugh-worthy right now (which they aren't), they won't be for long. The farm system (especially the Tulsa Drillers) is stacked with talent and they should be reaping the benefits by next season. Watch out for Ubaldo Jimenez who has been dominant in AA and will soon be promoted to AAA. His violent, injury-causing mechanics have been improved and his stuff, which features a 100+ MPH fastball, is as good as ever. Also, look out for catcher Chris Iannetta who was just promoted to AAA. He could be the Rockies opening day catcher in 2007 (though I'd still put my money on Torrealba).

As for the current Rockies, I'm very happy with them this season. Sure, we all knew they'd be better this year than last year, but how many people thought they'd still be a relevant team in the NL West in late June? I sure as hell didn't. The "Gen-R" thing has worked out very well. I couldn't be happier with Hawpe, Holliday, and Atkins. Clint Barmes, on the other hand, has been terrible at the plate. Hopefully, Hurdle moving him up in the lineup will help. The starting pitching rotation is as good as it's been in years. Jennings, Cook, and Francis at the top of the rotation are very solid while Kim and Fogg have both been pleasant surprises at the bottom end. However, I'm not happy with the bullpen at all. Jose Mesa completely blew it last night and looked like the Jose Mesa of years past, not the one who played so well at the beginning of this season. Ray King and Tom Martin are only decent lefties. Scott Dohmann's hasn't played well. David Cortes has been alright. But only Ramon Ramirez has been anything special. He could potentially be a closer or starter as well, but this year, I'd rather have him as the setup man than Mesa. Fuentes, of course, is a good closer.

Are there any other big Rockies fans here? And how do you guys feel about the current state of the organization?

as i stated above, i am, im a season ticket holder (or at least my uncle is and he gives me tickets), and i frequently go to games

when we had that losing stretch for awhile, i was worried, but im glad to see we got it straight again and we're doing great again. Ive been watching Barmes and you can just tell right off the bat he hasn't been the same since his injury. Our outfield i admit has suprised me alot, although when we traded for Eric Byrnes last year i was excited, then to trade him right away really disappointed me because he started performing and had some good at bats for us while he was here. Fuentes came out of nowhere last year, and Helton is a solid piece for this franchise years to come. I had a feeling it was possible that we would win the NL West this year, and its looking almost like a reality if we can just get back to the play we were at the beginning of the year. Kim, is an alright pitcher but ive watched a few games, and i remember thinking to myself that he would be great in the bull pen, his pitch selection is too predictable to be giving off the runs that i have seen him give so early. Cook has been a suprise, but i went to a Houston game here in Denver and it annoyed me watching him pitch. his selection was something along the lines of Sinker, Sinker, Fastball, for about 4 innings, and they caught on quick. Overall though? the future of this team is BRIGHT, i see great things coming soon

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 06:05 PM
as i stated above, i am, im a season ticket holder (or at least my uncle is and he gives me tickets), and i frequently go to games

when we had that losing stretch for awhile, i was worried, but im glad to see we got it straight again and we're doing great again. Ive been watching Barmes and you can just tell right off the bat he hasn't been the same since his injury. Our outfield i admit has suprised me alot, although when we traded for Eric Byrnes last year i was excited, then to trade him right away really disappointed me because he started performing and had some good at bats for us while he was here. Fuentes came out of nowhere last year, and Helton is a solid piece for this franchise years to come. I had a feeling it was possible that we would win the NL West this year, and its looking almost like a reality if we can just get back to the play we were at the beginning of the year. Kim, is an alright pitcher but ive watched a few games, and i remember thinking to myself that he would be great in the bull pen, his pitch selection is too predictable to be giving off the runs that i have seen him give so early. Cook has been a suprise, but i went to a Houston game here in Denver and it annoyed me watching him pitch. his selection was something along the lines of Sinker, Sinker, Fastball, for about 4 innings, and they caught on quick. Overall though? the future of this team is BRIGHT, i see great things coming soonThanks to college, I'm no longer a season ticket holder. But I've gone to quite a few games this summer now that I'm back home. I also went to a couple Asheville Tourists games back in early May. Speaking of the Tourists, did anyone catch Joe Mikulik's rampage? Mikulik's my new favorite member of the Rockies organization!

Anyway, I'm becoming a pretty big fan of Kim. His repertoire is basically just three pitches - solid 2- and 4-seam fastballs and an inconsistent, but dangerous slider. His awkward delivery just makes him hard to hit consistently despite his predictability. Cook is probably the best pitcher we've got. Sure he pretty much uses the sinker exclusively with the occasional 4-seamer, but that sinker is one of the best in the majors. It consistently produces ground balls. And at Coors Field, even with the humidor, a good ground ball ratio is very important for success.

AvsFan26
06-27-2006, 06:29 PM
alright guys i do apologize for the first page of the thread but i must admit as much as i have despised this team in the past, they are starting to make up for past mistakes. i think that we are going in the right direction, i just still worry about this club with Dan o'Dowd at the helm. sure were at .500 now, but i fear a trade he makes with someone like Barmes or Carrol. this team has loads and loads of potential, and i do like the idea of getting matsui and money for almost nothing, so im even starting to have faith in O'Dowd. once again, i am still waiting for the one move that ends this build up.

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 06:44 PM
alright guys i do apologize for the first page of the thread but i must admit as much as i have despised this team in the past, they are starting to make up for past mistakes. i think that we are going in the right direction, i just still worry about this club with Dan o'Dowd at the helm. sure were at .500 now, but i fear a trade he makes with someone like Barmes or Carrol. this team has loads and loads of potential, and i do like the idea of getting matsui and money for almost nothing, so im even starting to have faith in O'Dowd. once again, i am still waiting for the one move that ends this build up.You don't have to worry about Barmes or Carroll being traded. There's very little infield depth this year. Kaz Matsui is hurt, Jason Smith and Luis Gonzalez haven't played well in AAA, and Omar Quintanilla is not an improvement over Barmes or Carroll. Further safeguarding Barmes and Carroll is that Hurdle is in love with Barmes and Carroll is the only legitimate lead off hitter on the team. Really, the only thing to worry about right now is that O'Dowd trades Ryan Shealy and doesn't get anything good in return. Luckily, O'Dowd rejected a Ryan Shealy for Javy Lopez trade which is definitely a good sign. And even if O'Dowd makes some bad moves involving the infield prior to the deadline, it still can't possibly hurt the future of the team that much. Top prospects Ian Stewart and Troy Tulowitzki should be ready for the majors next season. Both have all-star potential.

str8jacket
06-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks to college, I'm no longer a season ticket holder. But I've gone to quite a few games this summer now that I'm back home. I also went to a couple Asheville Tourists games back in early May. Speaking of the Tourists, did anyone catch Joe Mikulik's rampage? Mikulik's my new favorite member of the Rockies organization!

Anyway, I'm becoming a pretty big fan of Kim. His repertoire is basically just three pitches - solid 2- and 4-seam fastballs and an inconsistent, but dangerous slider. His awkward delivery just makes him hard to hit consistently despite his predictability. Cook is probably the best pitcher we've got. Sure he pretty much uses the sinker exclusively with the occasional 4-seamer, but that sinker is one of the best in the majors. It consistently produces ground balls. And at Coors Field, even with the humidor, a good ground ball ratio is very important for success.
i agree with your points

theres just something about Kim and Cook, Kim just seems like he would be perfect in the Bullpen to me, i dont know why (thats why hes in my bullpen in MLB 2k6) and Cook sometimes gets burned with the amount of sinkers he throws in a short amount of time, i definatly agree with the whole ground ball part though on him, but his stamina is what bothers me, when he got into about the 6th inning of a game i went to he threw a meatball of a sinker to a batter and he paid for it, ive been hearing alot about Dontrelle Willis being offered up as trade bait, hes a very good young pitcher and i think hed be great as a Rockie

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 08:48 PM
i agree with your points

theres just something about Kim and Cook, Kim just seems like he would be perfect in the Bullpen to me, i dont know why (thats why hes in my bullpen in MLB 2k6) and Cook sometimes gets burned with the amount of sinkers he throws in a short amount of time, i definatly agree with the whole ground ball part though on him, but his stamina is what bothers me, when he got into about the 6th inning of a game i went to he threw a meatball of a sinker to a batter and he paid for it, ive been hearing alot about Dontrelle Willis being offered up as trade bait, hes a very good young pitcher and i think hed be great as a RockieThe Marlins have said they don't want to trade Willis, but it's possible that they're saying this simply to drive up his trade value. It'll take a lot to get him - we'd have no choice but to include a top prospect like Tulowitzki, Stewart, or Jimenez in such a trade. I'm not sure I'd be willing to part with any of those three. Also, another name that keeps coming up for the Rockies is Carl Crawford. Crawford could be an everyday leadoff hitter which would allow Carroll to get some rest once in a while. Again, it would take one of the aforementioned prospects to get Crawford.

As for Kim being in the bullpen, the main question is whether he'd accept it (assuming someone like Jimenez is able to join the rotation at some point this year). In general, pitchers from Korea aspire to be starters or closers, not something in between. Also, Kim has very good stamina which helps make him a good starter. But I could agree that Kim's stuff could make him a good setup man or long reliever.

Concerning Cook, I have this cliche to offer: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

str8jacket
06-27-2006, 08:52 PM
The Marlins have said they don't want to trade Willis, but it's possible that they're saying this simply to drive up his trade value. It'll take a lot to get him - we'd have no choice but to include a top prospect like Tulowitzki, Stewart, or Jimenez in such a trade. I'm not sure I'd be willing to part with any of those three. Also, another name that keeps coming up for the Rockies is Carl Crawford. Crawford could be an everyday leadoff hitter which would allow Carroll to get some rest once in a while. Again, it would take one of the aforementioned prospects to get Crawford.

As for Kim being in the bullpen, the main question is whether he'd accept it (assuming someone like Jimenez is able to join the rotation at some point this year). In general, pitchers from Korea aspire to be starters or closers, not something in between. Also, Kim has very good stamina which helps make him a good starter. But I could agree that Kim's stuff could make him a good setup man or long reliever.

Concerning Cook, I have this cliche to offer: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
very true, if i remember correctly Kim was in the bullpen a few years back right?

Well, Carl Crawford could be a great leadoff hitter, and it will take alot to get D-Train, but for some reason i think they are just trying to drive up value due to their recent fire sale over the off-season, but of course to get anything in this league your going to have to give right?

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 09:27 PM
very true, if i remember correctly Kim was in the bullpen a few years back right?

Well, Carl Crawford could be a great leadoff hitter, and it will take alot to get D-Train, but for some reason i think they are just trying to drive up value due to their recent fire sale over the off-season, but of course to get anything in this league your going to have to give right?Both are correct.

Anyway, how about this game tonight? Talk about rebounding from a disappointing loss!

str8jacket
06-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Both are correct.

Anyway, how about this game tonight? Talk about rebounding from a disappointing loss!
i didnt see it :ugh:

ive been prepping for surgery darnit

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 09:42 PM
i didnt see it :ugh:

ive been prepping for surgery darnitOh, what kind of surgery are you getting? Whatever it is, good luck with it.

The score's 12-3 Rockies in the top of the 8th. Angels starter Jeff Weaver after 2.0 IP after giving up 6 runs. Every Rockies batter has two hits except for Matt Holliday who has three (all doubles) and Closser who has one (along with 2 walks). Finally, Cook has gotten the run support he needs.

WABronco
06-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Jeff Weaver blows chunks...

LAA should axe him in favor of his younger brother, Jered. Jered Weaver was their best pitcher in his short time up...

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 09:51 PM

LAA should axe him in favor of his younger brother, Jered. Jered Weaver was their best pitcher in his short time up...No kidding. The Angels would've been better off just putting the ball on a tee for the Rockies. Ironically, Jered is starting tomorrow against the Rockies AAA team.

WABronco
06-27-2006, 09:53 PM
No kidding. The Angels would've been better off just putting the ball on a tee for the Rockies. Ironically, Jered is starting tomorrow against the Rockies AAA team.
Where you been?

But yea, if Moreno is soooo willing to cut checks or trade prospects they should eat Weaver's contract. It's only a one year deal...just eat it and get that stud back in the rotation.

Of course, as an M's fan...it's a good thing that Weaver's still around.

Bronco_f1
06-27-2006, 09:59 PM
The rockies are being competitive :beer:

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Where you been?

But yea, if Moreno is soooo willing to cut checks or trade prospects they should eat Weaver's contract. It's only a one year deal...just eat it and get that stud back in the rotation.

Of course, as an M's fan...it's a good thing that Weaver's still around.Lots of stuff's been keeping me from posting. First, I caught mono, then I had finals, then I was on vacation in Europe, and now I've got summer school. Summer school's really tough. It has to move really fast so every night I have an ass load of homework and I've got three tests a week.

And yeah, if the Angels actually want to win, they should drop Weaver. Sure it's 8 million dollars, but that money would be better spent keeping him off the mound. Jered needs to be in the majors right now.

Wow, I just heard the Angels have thrown 210 pitches through 9.1 IP. Sucks to be the ump...

WABronco
06-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Lots of stuff's been keeping me from posting. First, I caught mono, then I had finals, then I was on vacation in Europe, and now I've got summer school. Summer school's really tough. It has to move really fast so every night I have an ass load of homework and I've got three tests a week.

And yeah, if the Angels actually want to win, they should drop Weaver. Sure it's 8 million dollars, but that money would be better spent keeping him off the mound. Jered needs to be in the majors right now.

Wow, I just heard the Angels have thrown 210 pitches through 9.1 IP. Sucks to be the ump...
Where'd you go in Europe?

A couple of years go I went to Spain and France. Very cool experience...steak and fries are goooooooooooooooood. Although, eating all the pastries for breakfast got realllllly old.

PsychoChicken
06-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Where'd you go in Europe?

A couple of years go I went to Spain and France. Very cool experience...steak and fries are goooooooooooooooood. Although, eating all the pastries for breakfast got realllllly old.Ireland, the Netherlands, and Germany. Didn't have steak or fries but I have to say the beer and chocolate are amazing.

WABronco
06-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Ireland, the Netherlands, and Germany. Didn't have steak or fries but I have to say the beer and chocolate are amazing.
Sweet...

I landed in Madrid where I hooked up with my grandparents (who always travel in Europe) and my aunt and uncle (who were living in Spain on a sabatical). We went on a roadtrip from Madrid to Bordeaux to Paris to Normandy and then back down to Madrid. Spent a few nights at each spot...and the countryside between Paris and Normandy was beautiful. Visiting Normandy and the Allied cemetery was a very powerful experience...not one I'll soon forget.

Didn't have any problems with the locals 'til Paris. This snobby waiter asked us to leave when my uncle asked if he could substitute a dish (he was obviously looking for an excuse). My grandpa, being the former Marine and patriotic American he is, gave him some serious hell. It was actually pretty funny. So, we all left and about 3 other tables left too (I think they were either American or Australian). But, in general, the people were very nice...especially in the countryside.

Ahhhhhh...jeez, now I wanna go back.

watchthemiddle
06-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Rockies Win!!!!!!

:d

keithbishop
06-28-2006, 12:09 AM

LAA should axe him in favor of his younger brother, Jered. Jered Weaver was their best pitcher in his short time up...

Any Yankee fan could have told you that.
Talent: Check.
Stuff: Check.
Heart: Nope.
Brain: ....ummm....no. Great agent, though, to keep getting him big $$.

He should have stayed in the NL. No DH would help him. No competitive games would help him, too.

PsychoChicken
06-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Sweet...

I landed in Madrid where I hooked up with my grandparents (who always travel in Europe) and my aunt and uncle (who were living in Spain on a sabatical). We went on a roadtrip from Madrid to Bordeaux to Paris to Normandy and then back down to Madrid. Spent a few nights at each spot...and the countryside between Paris and Normandy was beautiful. Visiting Normandy and the Allied cemetery was a very powerful experience...not one I'll soon forget.

Didn't have any problems with the locals 'til Paris. This snobby waiter asked us to leave when my uncle asked if he could substitute a dish (he was obviously looking for an excuse). My grandpa, being the former Marine and patriotic American he is, gave him some serious hell. It was actually pretty funny. So, we all left and about 3 other tables left too (I think they were either American or Australian). But, in general, the people were very nice...especially in the countryside.

Ahhhhhh...jeez, now I wanna go back.Sounds like you had one hell of a trip. I just went backpacking with a few friends. We went all over Ireland for four days. We just went to pubs and visited whatever sites were recommended by the locals. Kissing the Blarney Stone was pretty cool - you get an adrenaline rush when your head's hanging upside down like that. We did have a little problem there, though. We went to a hostel one night there and they said that they were full, but that we could share space with this girl and her boyfriend (who wasn't there at the time). The girl said it was cool and that her boyfriend wouldn't mind either. Then the guy came back (drunk) about an hour later, cussed us out in German, and tried to pick a fight with us. It was actually pretty funny. Eventually, he and the girl just left eventually. She was screaming at him.

Then we flew from Dublin to Amsterdam and spent two nights clubbing and two days touring the city while hungover. The Danish are awesome. They all speak good English and they're very nice. One Danish family we met on the flight to Amsterdam actually invited us to stay with them overnight if we didn't have anywhere to stay. We had reservations for a hotel but it was still really cool of them.

After that, we took a train to Berlin, took a bus tour, went drinking, and pigged out. German food is awesome.

And then we flew home. Crap, now I wanna go back to...

Oh damn, kinda threadjacking here... Go Rox!

str8jacket
06-28-2006, 06:20 AM
Oh, what kind of surgery are you getting? Whatever it is, good luck with it.

The score's 12-3 Rockies in the top of the 8th. Angels starter Jeff Weaver after 2.0 IP after giving up 6 runs. Every Rockies batter has two hits except for Matt Holliday who has three (all doubles) and Closser who has one (along with 2 walks). Finally, Cook has gotten the run support he needs.
sounds like a great game

well something was wrong with my throat so we had to get it fixed, asophogas shrunk :sick:

WABronco
06-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you had one hell of a trip. I just went backpacking with a few friends. We went all over Ireland for four days. We just went to pubs and visited whatever sites were recommended by the locals. Kissing the Blarney Stone was pretty cool - you get an adrenaline rush when your head's hanging upside down like that. We did have a little problem there, though. We went to a hostel one night there and they said that they were full, but that we could share space with this girl and her boyfriend (who wasn't there at the time). The girl said it was cool and that her boyfriend wouldn't mind either. Then the guy came back (drunk) about an hour later, cussed us out in German, and tried to pick a fight with us. It was actually pretty funny. Eventually, he and the girl just left eventually. She was screaming at him.

Then we flew from Dublin to Amsterdam and spent two nights clubbing and two days touring the city while hungover. The Danish are awesome. They all speak good English and they're very nice. One Danish family we met on the flight to Amsterdam actually invited us to stay with them overnight if we didn't have anywhere to stay. We had reservations for a hotel but it was still really cool of them.

After that, we took a train to Berlin, took a bus tour, went drinking, and pigged out. German food is awesome.

And then we flew home. Crap, now I wanna go back to...

Oh damn, kinda threadjacking here... Go Rox!

Very cool...

All right, something Rockie's related...

I traded Matt Holliday in my fantasy league, thoughts? Keep in mind, I got Ichiro and Roy Halladay in that deal... :D

Medford Bronco
06-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Any Yankee fan could have told you that.
Talent: Check.
Stuff: Check.
Heart: Nope.
Brain: ....ummm....no. Great agent, though, to keep getting him big $$.

He should have stayed in the NL. No DH would help him. No competitive games would help him, too.

Jeff Weaver has his head here (http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_1/99000/99396/1/preview/30-15_Sunset_clouds.jpg)

he is a stiff when facing ANY PRESSURE. He should have stayed in the NL where he actually had a chance. In the AL he is a 4th starter at best :coffee:

sorry to all the Angels fans. At least the bloodlines are good look at Jared Weaver (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7708) Maybe he can breathe on his brother and he will pitch better LOL

PsychoChicken
06-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Nice win to take the series against the Angels last night. Too bad Jeff Francis couldn't get the win. The Rockies are the anomaly of interleague play as they're 9-3 against the AL.

PsychoChicken
06-29-2006, 03:10 PM
I've been saying it for weeks now... this All-Star voting is horse s***. Matt Holliday is 15th in outfield voting. He's batting .352/.396/.614 with 45 extra-base hits including 15 homers. Like any slugger, his K/BB ratio is ugly, but that's no excuse for him to be this low in the voting. Oh well, hopefully come September, Colorado will get its due exposure. In the meantime, hopefully Phil Garner will choose Holliday on the NL team.

str8jacket
06-29-2006, 07:50 PM
I've been saying it for weeks now... this All-Star voting is horse s***. Matt Holliday is 15th in outfield voting. He's batting .352/.396/.614 with 45 extra-base hits including 15 homers. Like any slugger, his K/BB ratio is ugly, but that's no excuse for him to be this low in the voting. Oh well, hopefully come September, Colorado will get its due exposure. In the meantime, hopefully Phil Garner will choose Holliday on the NL team.
ive seen that too, its just a flawed system man, fans should never vote

WABronco
06-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Jose Lopez...the AL's best second-bagger...wasn't even in the top 5 'til a week ago. I'm not saying Iguchi doesn't deserve it...he does. But, Ozzie better handpick Jose. They're both Venezualen, so maybe he's got that going for him.

Also, JJ Putz (dude in my avy) has gotten NO LOVE whatsoever. I don't think you can even write him in. He is legit...98 gas and a 91 split. He made Barry Bonds look like an old lady.

PsychoChicken
06-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Jose Lopez...the AL's best second-bagger...wasn't even in the top 5 'til a week ago. I'm not saying Iguchi doesn't deserve it...he does. But, Ozzie better handpick Jose. They're both Venezualen, so maybe he's got that going for him.

Also, JJ Putz (dude in my avy) has gotten NO LOVE whatsoever. I don't think you can even write him in. He is legit...98 gas and a 91 split. He made Barry Bonds look like an old lady.Yeah, there are a lot of injustices in the All-Star voting. Matt Holliday is just the one relevant to the thread. But seriously, Holliday is behind Xavier Nady? That's just outrageous. It's too bad that the league is afraid to take away fan voting because the All-Star Game is supposed to be a fan-centered event. I just wish the players and coaches could vote instead.

CinnaMunMun
06-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of injustices in the All-Star voting. Matt Holliday is just the one relevant to the thread. But seriously, Holliday is behind Xavier Nady? That's just outrageous. It's too bad that the league is afraid to take away fan voting because the All-Star Game is supposed to be a fan-centered event. I just wish the players and coaches could vote instead.
I would like to see a voting system similar to the NFLs where fans votes count 1/3 of the way, then the other 2/3 are from coaches and players.

How does everyone feel about Torrealba and Closser?

I keep wishing that Hurdle would put Closser in more due to his better batting. I know he doesn't have as many RBIs as Torrealba, but hes much more consistant on a regular basis.

I also am not fond of Torrealba's catching. I definately think he has a better arm than Closser, but he sometimes seems a bit lazy when blocking/catching a wild pitch.

What do you all think?

WABronco
06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I would like to see a voting system similar to the NFLs where fans votes count 1/3 of the way, then the other 2/3 are from coaches and players.

How does everyone feel about Torrealba and Closser?

I keep wishing that Hurdle would put Closser in more due to his better batting. I know he doesn't have as many RBIs as Torrealba, but hes much more consistant on a regular basis.

I also am not fond of Torrealba's catching. I definately think he has a better arm than Closser, but he sometimes seems a bit lazy when blocking/catching a wild pitch.

What do you all think?
When Yorvit came to Seattle last year, he was an excellent defensive catcher and he's got a gun. That's always been his rep...a .250 bat with solid D behind the plate. He always keeps his little beard thingy neat and trim too...

Do you guys remember Marcos Carvajal? He was the pitching prospect that you guys sent our way for Yorvit. Lots of people in the Rox blogosphere were red in the face over this deal, but rest easy. O'Dowd knew something we all didn't, because Carvajal was dealt again to Tampa Bay due to a severe case of immaturity. Apparently, he went off on an exec when he learned that he wasn't on the major league roster.

Oh, and one more thing, one way to remember how to spell Torrealba:

Joe Torre
------------------------TorreAlba
Jessica Alba

JoeJessica...his nickname is JoeJessica.

WABronco
06-29-2006, 10:15 PM
You Rox fans are in for a massive ass kicking over the next 3 days...get ready. :D

CinnaMunMun
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
You Rox fans are in for a massive ass kicking over the next 3 days...get ready. :D

You know, I was enjoying your post on JoeJessica, then I come to this muck! :D

I was just wondering if I have been impatient with Torrealba, and I really like what Closser has done to improve himself after being sent to AAA.

WABronco
06-29-2006, 10:34 PM
You know, I was enjoying your post on JoeJessica, then I come to this muck! :D

I was just wondering if I have been impatient with Torrealba, and I really like what Closser has done to improve himself after being sent to AAA.
I wouldn't worry about being "impatient" with JoeJessica. He's really nothing special IMO...a fringe starter in other words. If Closser can swing the stick and play passable D, he should probably be starting over Yorvit.

PsychoChicken
06-30-2006, 12:39 AM
I generally like the Mariners. But for the next three days, they're dead to me. Hopefully, the bottom of the rotation can keep it up the solid play in the first two games.

I'm happy with our current catchers. Neither has batted up to their ability, but they're both very good defensive catchers. Torrealba's got a rocket for an arm and I'm amazed with Closser's immense improvement and work ethic. Also, we've still got Ardoin on the DL, who is our best defensive catcher, and Ojeda in the Mexican Leagues ready to be called up at any time. It's good to have 4 big league-caliber catchers with significant experience. Still, I don't think either are in the long term plans though. Chris Iannetta's a real great catcher in the making. Solid behind the plate, hits for average and power, 1:1 K/BB ratio.

By the way, I believe Spilborghs will be DH tomorrow against lefty Jamie Moyer since the only other right-handed bat we've got is Choo Freeman. How would you guys feel about that? I personally really like the way he's played when he's started. He doesn't hit for power like a traditional DH (or Piedra) would, but he's solid nonetheless. It's a shame he hasn't played much lately. All his pinch hit appearances are hurting his average.

It's also a shame Ryan Shealy keeps getting hurt when the Rockies actually need him in the big leagues (when Helton was sick, interleague play). It really would've gotten him some much needed experience and increased his trade value.

WABronco
06-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Shut out by Josh Fogg? WTH is this???

PsychoChicken
06-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Shut out by Josh Fogg? WTH is this???HAHA. I'm just as shocked as you are. Could you imagine if he threw a complete game shutout?

WABronco
06-30-2006, 08:37 PM
This ump is a tightass. His zone's about 1 foot wide.

PsychoChicken
06-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I don't know who's been pitching for the Rockies tonight, but it sure as hell is not Josh Fogg.

PsychoChicken
06-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Wow, this game is going fast. It's only been 1 hour, 40 minutes and it's the middle of the 8th.

PsychoChicken
06-30-2006, 08:50 PM
1-2-3 8th inning. I have a feeling that Hurdle's going to bring in Fuentes in the 9th if the Rockies don't score, but I hope Fogg gets a shot at the shutout.

WABronco
06-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Sexson calling timeout twice in a row...hahaha.

WABronco
06-30-2006, 08:52 PM
This ump sucks, royally...

WABronco
06-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Why isn't Hurdle warming up Fuentes?

Errrrrr...

WABronco
06-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Why isn't Hurdle warming up Fuentes?

Errrrrr...
Ahhh...that's why.

Because Josh Fogg is a freakin' Cy Young candidate.

WABronco
06-30-2006, 09:03 PM
This is WAB signing off for the night. I may not be back for a few months, as I'm thinking of entering myself into the local pyshco-ward.

Nice knowing ya'll...

PsychoChicken
06-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Wow, that might be one of the better pitching performances I've ever seen. He had complete command of his fastball and curveball, and his changeup was had the batters way out in front. CG, 0 ER, 2 H, but most importantly 27 BATTERS FACED! It would only be fitting if I began and ended this post with the same interjection. Wow.

CinnaMunMun
06-30-2006, 09:19 PM
This is WAB signing off for the night. I may not be back for a few months, as I'm thinking of entering myself into the local pyshco-ward.

Nice knowing ya'll...

I didn't get to catch the enitre game, but wow, Fogg freaking had control of his changeup tonight!

On a positive note for you WA, you guys did pitch very well.

bronc_fan23
07-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Who knew Moyer had a complete game in 'em.

Hey WA do the Rockies get a taste of Felix?

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Who knew Moyer had a complete game in 'em.

Hey WA do the Rockies get a taste of Felix?Since WA might not want to come back to this thread thanks to Fogg pwning the his team, I'll answer for him. No, today we get Pineiro and tomorrow we get Washburn.

bronc_fan23
07-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Mariners win tonight 5-3.

HR by Beltre and Ibanez

and Helton cause he is on my fantasy team. :D

WABronco
07-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Since WA might not want to come back to this thread thanks to Fogg pwning the his team, I'll answer for him. No, today we get Pineiro and tomorrow we get Washburn.
I guess I can respond to direct questions...

You guys miss Felix by one day...

bronc_fan23
07-01-2006, 07:12 PM
O baby! What a catch by Ibanez!

WABronco
07-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Ibanez-56,000

Rockies-0

WABronco
07-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh, and in case you haven't noticed...

Joel Pineiro sucks ass...

Wow, he really...really stinks. Hopefully this is his last start in the majors...for the M's anyways. He's been suckin' for a while now, and the FO needs to just end the misery.

All right M's, DFA him before he even hits the showers.

Idea: We'll trade you for Fogg...

bronc_fan23
07-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Scratch everything I said :eek:

WABronco
07-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Hurdle with the QUICK hook on BK Kim...

He's owning our RH hitters...good thing he's done for the night.

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Hurdle with the QUICK hook on BK Kim...

He's owning our RH hitters...good thing he's done for the night.BK was pissed too. Didn't even look Hurdle in the eye. It's a good move though. Ibanez is the tying run and he already went yard off BK. Too bad Ray King, who's sucked lately, is our top lefty out of the bullpen.

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I'd reject that Pineiro for Fogg trade.

How about Pineiro and a $25 coupon for Outback Steakhouse in exchange for King? That might be a more even trade.

WABronco
07-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I'd reject that Pineiro for Fogg trade.

How about Pineiro a $25 coupon for Outback Steakhouse in exchange for King? That might be a more even trade.
Ehhh...how 'bout you guys just pick him up after we DFA him...and then DFA him again. Just for laughs...

Or...Pineiro, a $50 Outback coupon, a $100 REI coupon, and a used Boeing 747 (nice team charter) for Ryan Shealy.

WABronco
07-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Dumbass Hargrove brings in an extreme flyball pitcher to get a DP...smooth move Mikey...

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Ehhh...how 'bout you guys just pick him up after we DFA him...and then DFA him again. Just for laughs...

Or...Pineiro, a $50 Outback coupon, a $100 REI coupon, and a used Boeing 747 (nice team charter) for Ryan Shealy.Throw in, let's say, Emiliano Fruto and you've got yourself a deal.

WABronco
07-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Throw in, let's say, Emiliano Fruto and you've got yourself a deal.

Lol, you must be on top of stuff to even know who Fruto is!

I'll have to talk to the team before signing off though...

WABronco
07-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Yippppppers...

Blame of the game (so far)-Rockie's O for not scoring more than 7 runs against Joel. :D Sorry boys...

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 09:20 PM
As soon as Ichiro switched to his power swing and hit a couple foul balls with it on a full count, I thought to myself "he's gonna hit a home run." Unfortunately, I was right.

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Yippppppers...

Blame of the game (so far)-Rockie's O for not scoring more than 7 runs against Joel. :D Sorry boys...Joel just didn't quite suck as much ass as Jeff Weaver.

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Am I the only one who gets pissed off when people do the wave at baseball games?

WABronco
07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Joel just didn't quite suck as much ass as Jeff Weaver.
Heh...lots of us M's fans actually want Bavasi to pick him up.

If this game is in Colorado, the Rockies just hit 2 dingers off of Mateo...

WABronco
07-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Am I the only one who gets pissed off when people do the wave at baseball games?
NOOO!

In the game threads at one of the M's blogs, as soon as the Seattle fans start doing that we concede the loss...it's bad voodoo.

CinnaMunMun
07-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Yes, I hate the wave.

WABronco
07-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Soriano and Putz make up the best setup/closer combo in the league. Hope your hitters are ready for some gas!

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Soriano and Putz make up the best setup/closer combo in the league. Hope your hitters are ready for some gas!Looks like they're using Sherrill as setup. Weird. I was expecting Soriano or at least Guardado. I guess it makes sense because most of the upcoming batters are lefties though.

WABronco
07-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Looks like they're using Sherrill as setup. Weird. I was expecting Soriano or at least Guardado. I guess it makes sense because most of the upcoming batters are lefties though.
Sherril's our best LOOGY. Guardado is fat and ineffective...he's been relegated to mop up duty for now. He needs to be traded though (maybe to Colorado? :D ). We need a CF'er...got one on hand? Choo Freeman for Guardado (is Freeman decent?)

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Sherril's our best LOOGY. Guardado is fat and ineffective...he's been relegated to mop up duty for now. He needs to be traded though (maybe to Colorado? :D ). We need a CF'er...got one on hand? Choo Freeman for Guardado (is Freeman decent?)He was one of those supposed 5-tool super athletes when he was drafted, but he never really panned out. He's a decent fourth outfielder though, and the Rockies are trying to give him more starts to see if he can succeed as a starter. Or they could be auditioning Choo for a trade. I think they'd ask for a lot more than Guardado, though.

WABronco
07-01-2006, 09:58 PM
He was one of those supposed 5-tool super athletes when he was drafted, but he never really panned out. He's a decent fourth outfielder though, and the Rockies are trying to give him more starts to see if he can succeed as a starter. Or they could be auditioning Choo for a trade. I think they'd ask for a lot more than Guardado, though.
Damn.....

I bet you know who Adam Jones is though...CF'er stud of the future. We just need a quick fix for a year. Something like Lofton or Patterson (we coulda had Patterson for peanuts before the year...PEANUTS! Damn that woulda been sweet).

WABronco
07-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Ahhh, this one feels good. 1-1 in the series...Seattle will be up against it with Jennings pitching tomorrow.

Oh, and BTW, now you know who JJ Putz is. :D 98 mph gas, 91 mph split.....yizzzow! Although, that last pitch to Atkins was...uhemm...low.

PsychoChicken
07-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Ahhh, this one feels good. 1-1 in the series...Seattle will be up against it with Jennings pitching tomorrow.

Oh, and BTW, now you know who JJ Putz is. :D 98 mph gas, 91 mph split.....yizzzow! Although, that last pitch to Atkins was...uhemm...low.The ump hadn't been calling low pitches all night, and then he called that one probably just because it went by too fast for him to get a good look at it. Putz is a stud though. Very nice home-grown pitcher.

WABronco
07-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Wow, did you guys catch that brilliant managing by Mike Hargrove? Not only did he leave Washburn in farrrr too long, but he didn't have Sherrill warming up face Helton and he didn't pinch hit for Willie friggin' Bloomquist when the game was on the line.

Not getting the LOOGY in to face Helton is somewhat understandable because Helton destroys lefties, but Jarrod was done by that point and you're still playing the matchups by bringing in Sherrill.

Then, he lets Bloomquist hit against Fuentes in the 9th, with the bases juiced and the winning run on 3rd. Seattle just recently acquired Eduardo Perez...designated LHP masher off the bench (apparently, only in a sane manager's mind). Bloomquist was playing 1b, Perez plays 1b. Bloomquist doesn't even slug his weight, Perez slugs like .700 vs LHP. Bloomquist couldn't pull a changeup if he tried, Perez has 8 bombs in 80 at-bats.

OMG, my head is about to blow up. I can't take this any longer...the man is too damn stupid.

WABronco
07-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Check it out if you want to...we're close to organizing a lynch mob and charging the Safe...

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/

PsychoChicken
07-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Wow, did you guys catch that brilliant managing by Mike Hargrove? Not only did he leave Washburn in farrrr too long, but he didn't have Sherrill warming up face Helton and he didn't pinch hit for Willie friggin' Bloomquist when the game was on the line.

Not getting the LOOGY in to face Helton is somewhat understandable because Helton destroys lefties, but Jarrod was done by that point and you're still playing the matchups by bringing in Sherrill.

Then, he lets Bloomquist hit against Fuentes in the 9th, with the bases juiced and the winning run on 3rd. Seattle just recently acquired Eduardo Perez...designated LHP masher off the bench (apparently, only in a sane manager's mind). Bloomquist was playing 1b, Perez plays 1b. Bloomquist doesn't even slug his weight, Perez slugs like .700 vs LHP. Bloomquist couldn't pull a changeup if he tried, Perez has 8 bombs in 80 at-bats.

OMG, my head is about to blow up. I can't take this any longer...the man is too damn stupid.Yeah, that was some pretty craptastic managing, and Hurdle made one big mistake too by putting in Jose Mesa instead of Ramon Ramirez in the 8th, and then keeping him in to face Ichiro. Ramirez hasn't pitched since Wednesday, and Mesa with his retarded blue glove has been awful lately. And Fuentes was already throwing breaking balls in the bullpen by the time Ichiro was at-bat. Why didn't they bring him in then? I'd like to thing Fuentes would not have given up a triple.

SmithOverTO
07-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Hey I'm a poster under the clever guise of HulloKitty202 (Please dont ask) at the ESPN Rockie's board and we could use some new blood, especially with the Rockies putting things together.

And on the Rockies: 4-2 road trip, 42-39, a half game out of first! Now all I need is Carl Crawford and I can die happy!

WABronco
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, that was some pretty craptastic managing, and Hurdle made one big mistake too by putting in Jose Mesa instead of Ramon Ramirez in the 8th, and then keeping him in to face Ichiro. Ramirez hasn't pitched since Wednesday...
Heh...I noticed that. Ramirez is a stud, and Jose Mesa is....Jose Mesa. The Seattle commentators were making fun of him...

...and Mesa with his retarded blue glove has been awful lately...
Yea, that glove thing was pretty dumb.

And Fuentes was already throwing breaking balls in the bullpen by the time Ichiro was at-bat. Why didn't they bring him in then? I'd like to thing Fuentes would not have given up a triple...
Yea, sry man, but outside of Fuentes and Ramirez your BP kinda sucks. I suppose every bullpen has their nuggets and their turds though (Guardado...I'm lookin' at you fatass). I don't know if I could take Tom Martin, Scott Dohman, and Jose Mesa.

Hey, but there are certain things to be happy about though...like deserving all stars screwing the system and making the trip, against all odds (Holliday and Lopez).

Lopez is in over Iguchi...OVER IGUCHI. I'm guessing someone had a gun to Ozzie's head when that decision was made...most likely one of the M's fans on that blog.

PsychoChicken
07-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Heh...I noticed that. Ramirez is a stud, and Jose Mesa is....Jose Mesa. The Seattle commentators were making fun of him...

Yea, that glove thing was pretty dumb.

Yea, sry man, but outside of Fuentes and Ramirez your BP kinda sucks. I suppose every bullpen has their nuggets and their turds though (Guardado...I'm lookin' at you fatass). I don't know if I could take Tom Martin, Scott Dohman, and Jose Mesa.

Hey, but there are certain things to be happy about though...like deserving all stars screwing the system and making the trip, against all odds (Holliday and Lopez).

Lopez is in over Iguchi...OVER IGUCHI. I'm guessing someone had a gun to Ozzie's head when that decision was made...most likely one of the M's fans on that blog.You forgot Ray King and David Cortes, too. We need some lefties in the bullpen badly, and we might already have it in AAA. Ray King should have already been demoted, but he's the Rockies player representative and a leader in the clubhouse. So basically, we have two good relief pitchers. One, of course, is Fuentes. And the other, Ramirez, is a stud pitcher who could be a good starter or set up man, and instead, he's wasting away as a middle reliever.

Congratulations on Lopez getting in. He deserved it. I was pretty happy with the way the All-Star teams turned out. The only real snub that gets to me is Nomar.

WABronco
07-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Congratulations on Lopez getting in. He deserved it. I was pretty happy with the way the All-Star teams turned out. The only real snub that gets to me is Nomar.
Yea...that's a massive snub. He's leading the NL in hitting...come on.

Orange_Crush21
07-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Rockies beat the Giants 5-3. That's five series won in a row.

JakeGirl
07-06-2006, 06:43 AM
I've had the best time watching the ROX this season! We are tied at numero UNO!!! Yeah!!! Go Rox! I hope we get to the post season races!!!!!!! WE DESERVE IT THIS YEAR!!!!

CinnaMunMun
07-06-2006, 01:41 PM
You forgot Ray King and David Cortes, too. We need some lefties in the bullpen badly, and we might already have it in AAA. Ray King should have already been demoted, but he's the Rockies player representative and a leader in the clubhouse. So basically, we have two good relief pitchers. One, of course, is Fuentes. And the other, Ramirez, is a stud pitcher who could be a good starter or set up man, and instead, he's wasting away as a middle reliever.

Martin is fairly solid, not great though.

I wish King could get back into his groove he had early on, which he kind of did in the 8th last night.

My least favorite would have to be Dohomann though. I don't think he is anything special, at all.

What ever happened to Tsao?

PsychoChicken
07-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Martin is fairly solid, not great though.

I wish King could get back into his groove he had early on, which he kind of did in the 8th last night.

My least favorite would have to be Dohomann though. I don't think he is anything special, at all.

What ever happened to Tsao?Martin had been bad all season, but he's been playing well lately. I would bet against him being able to carry over his success to mid-month, though.

King is basically doing the opposite of Martin, which is why they've switched roles. As I mentioned earlier, if he wasn't the Rockies player representative and a clubhouse leader, he would've been DFA'd and replaced by Justin Hampson already.

I think Dohmann is alright. As a reliever, he doesn't need to be anything special. He's also young. I'd like to see him stay in the majors for the rest of the season.

Tsao is on the 60 day DL.

str8jacket
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
alright, i havent been on for awhile and ive been too sick to watch TV, how are the Rockies doin?

Orange_Crush21
07-07-2006, 01:23 AM
alright, i havent been on for awhile and ive been too sick to watch TV, how are the Rockies doin?

I've been able to watch their last couple of games and they have looked pretty good. The bullpen has been struggling though. Todd Helton is starting to warm up and Matt Holliday continues to be impressive. They've won 5 series' in a row.

Orange_Crush21
07-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Don't at all discount the Rockiesposted: Thursday, July 6, 2006 | Feedback | Print Entry

On the Fourth of July last year, the Colorado Rockies were 28-53, 25 games under .500, somehow managing to be deeply buried in a shallow division. But the Rockies have grown up and are now 44-40, and their victory progress is comparable to that of the Detroit Tigers, baseball's headliner surprise squad. Detroit was 38-43 after 81 games last season and is now 57-28 this year.
You know the Rockies' history of failure. You know they aren't steeped in pitching. You ask, legitimately: Is Colorado a serious contender?

I respond: Absolutely.

Oh, sure, the Rockies could use a good middle reliever -- so could 29 other teams -- and shortstop Clint Barmes has not been hitting. But the Rockies probably have the best chance of any team in the National League West to get better, with a roster stacked with developing players. The Giants are an old team, and their success may depend largely on how many games Barry Bonds and Moises Alou can play, and whether Noah Lowry pitches in the second half the way he did last year. The Padres are loaded with experience but thin in offense. The Dodgers have a lot of talented young guys who are a year or two behind their Colorado counterparts, and the team's fate in '06 probably rests largely in the hands of guys such as Rafael Furcal, Derek Lowe, Nomar Garciaparra and Jeff Kent.

Arizona sports a 5.20 ERA from its starters on the days Brandon Webb doesn't pitch, and it may be that the Diamondbacks will eventually opt to swap veterans before the July 31 trade deadline -- a difficult choice, considering that Arizona is still close in the standings and needs box-office credibility. A trade of Shawn Green or Craig Counsell or other veterans could be perceived wrongly by casual fans as a white flag, rather than a full investment in the Diamondbacks' strong group of young players.

The other teams have real questions, and Colorado is strangely ... solid. Phil Garner, manager for the National League All-Star team, picked Brian Fuentes to be in Pittsburgh because he's perhaps the most dominant lefty reliever in baseball right now. Jason Jennings, Jeff Francis and Aaron Cook aren't Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz, but they'll usually take the ball deep into the late innings. Josh Fogg, who works at the back end of the Colorado rotation, has seven wins after beating the Giants on Wednesday. And the Rockies' offense is respectable, now that Todd Helton is hitting again.

They could use some help before the trade deadline but might not get it if the asking prices are too high. Alfonso Soriano makes some sense for the Rockies, who have fished a bit for a center fielder, but Colorado may have to wait until the healthy portion of available outfielders -- Aubrey Huff, Todd Hollandsworth, Bobby Abreu and possibly Carlos Lee -- drives down Soriano's market value.

Barmes is batting .209, but he's been part of the team's heart and soul; they'll give him every chance to hit more. While it might seem to make sense for the Rockies to take a shot at Tampa Bay's Julio Lugo, Colorado probably will take a more conservative route if the Rockies determine they need more offense, perhaps giving Kaz Matsui a shot once he's healthy.

Look, you can make a decent case for any of the NL West teams to win the division, whether you think Bonds will break out or Dodgers GM Ned Colletti will keep making deals or Jake Peavy will regain his full health and dominance. The Rockies' starting pitching doesn't have the potential of San Francisco's starting pitching, the Dodgers and Padres have more proven veterans, and the Diamondbacks might have the division's best ace in Webb.

But the Rockies are an interesting team right now.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2510723&name=olney_buster&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

SmithOverTO
07-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Very nice...like to see them garnering respect. I just hope Fuentes and Holliday make some noise at the All-Star game. That'll open some eyes!

PsychoChicken
07-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Wow, the bullpen is just killing the Rockies right now. Two nights in a row, the starters (Jennings and Cook) pitched very well. Both nights, the bullpen completely blew it. Hopefully we can get some bullpen help prior to the deadline by trading a blocked prospect in AAA.

CinnaMunMun
07-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Wow, the bullpen is just killing the Rockies right now. Two nights in a row, the starters (Jennings and Cook) pitched very well. Both nights, the bullpen completely blew it. Hopefully we can get some bullpen help prior to the deadline by trading a blocked prospect in AAA.

Do we have anybody in Tulsa or the Sky Socks that could close?

I know we have that one prospect pitcher that can throw a 100+ heater but as far as I know, we want him to start.

But man, our bullpen is going to keep us out of the playoffs it seems.

Here is to hoping we can repeat last year when we had great success after the all star break! :beer:

PsychoChicken
07-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Do we have anybody in Tulsa or the Sky Socks that could close?

I know we have that one prospect pitcher that can throw a 100+ heater but as far as I know, we want him to start.

But man, our bullpen is going to keep us out of the playoffs it seems.

Here is to hoping we can repeat last year when we had great success after the all star break! :beer:Right now, I'm happy leaving Fuentes at closer. What we need are some better relievers (especially lefties) and someone who can complement Mesa as a setup man. I'm worried about the heavy workload that Mesa has received.

One possibility is that Ubaldo Jiminez, the prospect you alluded to, gets called up (once he starts playing better in the Springs). He could take Josh Fogg's spot in the rotation and Fogg could move to the bullpen where he's been before. That way, we could DFA someone like Dohmann or Cortes, both who've been bad lately.

Another option I can think of is Sunny Kim. He was terrible back in April and then he was injured. But back in AAA, he's just had two good starts in a row. We might be ready to call him up again soon.

And lastly, the Tulsa Drillers All-Star closer Manuel Corpas was just called up to the Springs to be the setup man there. It's hard to judge how well he's doing with the Sky Sox because he's only pitched 5.2 innings there so far with 3 H, 1 ER, 4 K, 2 BB. He was dominant in Tulsa, though, with a 0.98 ERA and 19 saves.

As for the lefty, the best we've got in AAA is Justin Hampson, and he's had some struggles lately. I'm not sure whether he'd be much of an improvement over King (who we absolutely must get rid of). Getting a good lefty reliever would probably have to be achieved through trading Ryan Shealy or Jeff Baker (hopefully Baker).

PsychoChicken
07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
God, our bullpen sucks ass.

PsychoChicken
07-17-2006, 10:43 PM
HUGE news!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions

Recalled infielder Ryan Shealy and pitcher Manuel Corpas from Colorado Springs of the Pacific Coast League (AAA); purchased the contract of infielder Jason Smith from Colorado Spring; optioned pitchers David Cortes and Scott Dohmann to Colorado Springs; placed infielder Omar Quintanilla on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Sunday, with a right shin contusion.

Finally, we're getting rid of a couple hacks from the bullpen and replacing them with a future closer who throws a high-90s fastball and a brutal mid-90s sinker. I'm stoked! Also, it's nice to see Shealy get a chance to shine in the majors so that he can get traded soon.

CinnaMunMun
07-17-2006, 10:46 PM
HUGE news!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions

Finally, we're getting rid of a couple hacks from the bullpen and replacing them with a future closer who throws a high-90s fastball and a brutal mid-90s sinker. I'm stoked! Also, it's nice to see Shealy get a chance to shine in the majors so that he can get traded soon.

Nice, we needed a change.

Shealy is a 1st baseman right? Isnt there a chance we could change his position?

PsychoChicken
07-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Nice, we needed a change.

Shealy is a 1st baseman right? Isnt there a chance we could change his position?Yeah, he is. We tried him in the outfield and it didn't work out. Ideally, he'd be a DH which is why mostly AL teams are interested in him (Baltimore, Toronto).

WABronco
07-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah, he is. We tried him in the outfield and it didn't work out. Ideally, he'd be a DH which is why mostly AL teams are interested in him (Baltimore, Toronto).
I'd like him if he was LH. Safeco absolutely murders RH hitting.

Sexson's road OPS is 100 points higher. Beltre's hitting .290 on the road and his OPS is 200 (!!!) points higher. Time to move the fences in or we're gonna keep having these FA "busts."

BVP
07-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, he is. We tried him in the outfield and it didn't work out. Ideally, he'd be a DH which is why mostly AL teams are interested in him (Baltimore, Toronto).

Are there actually any rumors about trading him, or are we gonna keep him. Also, how much can we get for Sheally?

PsychoChicken
07-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Are there actually any rumors about trading him, or are we gonna keep him. Also, how much can we get for Sheally?As far as I can tell, we're going to trade him. The reason he was called up was basically to audition for other teams. He could probably net us a halfway decent veteran or an above-average pitching prospect by himself. But I'd rather package him with Jeff Baker and maybe a pitching prospect from single-A and see what that would get us. All indicators point to the Rockies wanting a young, high-potential southpaw.

WABronco
07-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Royals Rumors: Ryan Shealy
According to my Royals source, Dayton Moore has finished evaluating his roster and the team is about to become quite active in the trade market.

You saw the Mark Redman rumor yesterday. Today MLBTradeRumors has learned of a possible deal in the works between the Rockies and Royals. The Rox are looking for relievers, and the Royals have Elmer Dessens and Jeremy Affeldt available. Mike MacDougal also has a chance to be dealt. The Royals would prefer to unload shortstop Angel Berroa and just one reliever to get first baseman Ryan Shealy. That way other relievers could snag more value in separate deals.

Shealy has had all kinds of suitors over the last few months, and he is likely to be dealt for relief help this month.

Man, if all the Rox could get for Shealy is Dessens (who's solid, but doesn't seem like setup material) and Affeldt (who just plain sucks)...damn.

PsychoChicken
07-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Man, if all the Rox could get for Shealy is Dessens (who's solid, but doesn't seem like setup material) and Affeldt (who just plain sucks)...damn.He went 2 for 5 with 2 doubles today, but teams don't like that he's 26 and still doesn't have any significant major league experience. I think that while Dessens still is nowhere near Shealy's value, he's a damn sight better than Javy Lopez. Like I said earlier, I think packaging Shealy and Jeff Baker would be the best way to actually acquire someone useful.

Option B: Trade Todd Helton! As much as I like the guy, we've got two top young first basemen who could easily replace him (Shealy and Koshansky). Too bad that'll never happen because he's the face of the franchise.

CinnaMunMun
07-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I really, really, hate our relievers (except Ramirez).

Actually, all of our pitchers seemed to have control problems today.

PsychoChicken
07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
I really, really, hate our relievers (except Ramirez).

Actually, all of our pitchers seemed to have control problems today.This bullpen still sucks! At least we have Manuel Corpas called up. I just wish we would use him. The guy has ice running through his veins and a nasty repertoire. Also, Ray King is being shopped around so that's good. Mesa ... sucks. I still have faith in Fuentes. The only pitch he's really having trouble with is his slider.

CinnaMunMun
07-23-2006, 03:18 PM
BK is going to make me cry, I swear.... :sad:

6 runs in one inning, and possibly counting......

PsychoChicken
07-23-2006, 04:10 PM
BK is going to make me cry, I swear.... :sad:

6 runs in one inning, and possibly counting......Yeah, today the starting pitching was poor and bullpen has been excellent. Nice outings by Corpas and King.

CinnaMunMun
07-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, today the starting pitching was poor and bullpen has been excellent. Nice outings by Corpas and King.

Very, now lets see if we can mount a comeback

ARRGGG! Hawpe........he sucks at contact....

PsychoChicken
07-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Very, now lets see if we can mount a comeback

ARRGGG! Hawpe........he sucks at contact....He just couldn't hold up on the curveball. Too bad. I'll cut him some slack because of his great outfield assist earlier, though.

PsychoChicken
07-23-2006, 04:37 PM
WHOO! I'm LOVING Atkins in the 3-hole!

PsychoChicken
07-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Don't blow it Fuentes...

watchthemiddle
07-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Its about time the Rockies did to someone else in the 9th of what has been done to them lately.

PsychoChicken
07-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Its about time the Rockies did to someone else in the 9th of what has been done to them lately.Yeah, it was nice to pick on Jorge Julio. Fuentes had a pretty bad outing, but at least he didn't let any runs score. Hopefully, this will break them out of the slump. That's probably wishful thinking with the Cardinals coming up, though.

AvsFan26
07-23-2006, 05:54 PM
with a comeback like that, i think the rockies are back on track. remember, not too long ago this was a team who could beat anyone, no matter their strenght or record. have faith.

PsychoChicken
07-23-2006, 07:18 PM
with a comeback like that, i think the rockies are back on track. remember, not too long ago this was a team who could beat anyone, no matter their strenght or record. have faith.Hopefully, this team can get running on all cylinders, which means the effective starting pitching, relief pitching, and offense all in the same game. As for now, I'm still more excited about the incredibly deep farm system and the future of the team than I am about the current big league team.

PsychoChicken
07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Jeff Francis is pitching really well! Perfect through 3 innings.

PsychoChicken
07-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Jeff Francis now has a perfect game through 5 innings. His pitch count is up to 71, so that'll be something to watch.

AvsFan26
07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
told you guys we would bounce back. i tell ya what, i didnt get to see much of the game tonite, but i think whats making the difference is the new batting order. hurdle's doing an excellent job of riding who's hot-garret atkins-and not just going with the franchise player. i think hes doing a great think buy pushing Helton down to the five-hole, and simply letting the players play the games out. i think he would do good to give holliday a couple games rest and Shealy a crack at the outfield. the rockies are gonna get back in a groove folks, mark my words.

PsychoChicken
07-24-2006, 10:19 PM
told you guys we would bounce back. i tell ya what, i didnt get to see much of the game tonite, but i think whats making the difference is the new batting order. hurdle's doing an excellent job of riding who's hot-garret atkins-and not just going with the franchise player. i think hes doing a great think buy pushing Helton down to the five-hole, and simply letting the players play the games out. i think he would do good to give holliday a couple games rest and Shealy a crack at the outfield. the rockies are gonna get back in a groove folks, mark my words.Shealy doesn't play outfield. He has a very sensitive repaired elbow that flares up when he tries to make the long throws. It's too bad Helton never takes a day off. I'd really like to see what Shealy can do.

AvsFan26
07-24-2006, 10:24 PM
sorry man, didnt know. like ive said before, im not as knowledgable at baseball as i am hockey and football. i still stand by my point that holliday needs a game or two off. hes been lookin beat the last few games. maybe put Piedra out there and see what he can do playing a full game?

PsychoChicken
07-24-2006, 11:55 PM
sorry man, didnt know. like ive said before, im not as knowledgable at baseball as i am hockey and football. i still stand by my point that holliday needs a game or two off. hes been lookin beat the last few games. maybe put Piedra out there and see what he can do playing a full game?I didn't mean to sound condescending or anything. I agree that Holliday could use a day off, and Piedra could also use a start (preferably against a RH fastball-specialist).

CinnaMunMun
07-25-2006, 12:23 AM
What is really making me happy is the HUGE amount of success Barmes is having from the 2 spot.

It would rock if he could get up to .300 by the end of the season.

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 09:04 PM
No freakin' way! 2 outs, man on first, down by 2 runs, and Torrealba HOMERS! I take back everything bad I've ever said about him.

AvsFan26
07-27-2006, 09:25 PM
all i have to say is wow. when freeman was called safe i actually cheered like Joe Sakic had just got a hat trick. i never cheer like that for anything but football and hockey. wow

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 09:28 PM
all i have to say is wow. when freeman was called safe i actually cheered like Joe Sakic had just got a hat trick. i never cheer like that for anything but football and hockey. wowSame here, I just went absolutely nuts twice in one night. My heart's still pounding. That was a very special comeback. Torrealba, Carroll, and Freeman were amazing in the clutch.

Snapping Turtle
07-27-2006, 09:30 PM
BEST ROCKIES GAME I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME! I went freaking CRAZY! And Clinty got some hits yey! But what is wrong with Holliday!!

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 09:41 PM
In light of tonight's game, I have a new temporary avatar, even though I had to shun Jay.

WhoDeyBengals
07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
You guys still have some major ground to cover if you want to catch my Reds in the wildcard race. :D

watchthemiddle
07-27-2006, 09:44 PM
BEST ROCKIES GAME I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME! I went freaking CRAZY! And Clinty got some hits yey! But what is wrong with Holliday!!

*knock on wood*

.....but this type of game could be just what the Rockies needed....bring in a hot SD team, take them to 10 innings after being down 6-0 and win.

GREAT TEAM WIN!!

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 09:46 PM
You guys still have some major ground to cover if you want to catch my Reds in the wildcard race. :DHa! Forget the wild card, we're going for the division!

WhoDeyBengals
07-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Ha! Forget the wild card, we're going for the division!
Bahaha. Gotta love it when the wildcard team has a better record than a division winner. :beer:

Snapping Turtle
07-27-2006, 09:54 PM
*knock on wood*

.....but this type of game could be just what the Rockies needed....bring in a hot SD team, take them to 10 innings after being down 6-0 and win.

GREAT TEAM WIN!!

This is going to def. boost the team moral! I'm so mad though because I am not going to be home tomorrow, nor will I be able to even listen to the game....barf. I want to watch!

WABronco
07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Ha! Forget the wild card, we're going for the division!
...Yorvit Torrealba?

That'd be like me putting a pic of Roberto Petagine in my avy. LOL,

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
BEST ROCKIES GAME I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME! I went freaking CRAZY! And Clinty got some hits yey! But what is wrong with Holliday!!I've got to hand it to Clint. Up until a week ago, I'd been wondering why Hurdle had so much faith in him. If I was managing, I would've demoted Barmes a long time ago or at least benched him in favor of Quintanilla. Now he's definitely improved his plate discipline and he's getting on base a lot more often. I have a feeling he's going to be with the team for a long time, whether at SS or 2B.

WABronco
07-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Sucks though...we should've got more than a malcontent pitcher and a Rule 5 guy for a starting catcher. Ohhhh well...

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 10:05 PM
...Yorvit Torrealba?

That'd be like me putting a pic of Roberto Petagine in my avy. LOL,Torrealba's been one of our hottest bats for a while, and anyone who hits a 2-run homer when his team's down by 2 with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth deserves to be in someone's avatar. I was tempted to put Choo in there, though. He made one of the best slides I've ever seen.

WABronco
07-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Torrealba's been one of our hottest bats for a while, and anyone who hits a 2-run homer when his team's down by 2 with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth deserves to be in someone's avatar. I was tempted to put Choo in there, though. He made one of the best slides I've ever seen.
Man, I'm a sucker for a walk-off play at the plate...I might have to check out those highlights.

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Sucks though...we should've got more than a malcontent pitcher and a Rule 5 guy for a starting catcher. Ohhhh well...Haha, Marcos Caravajal... what a trade.

Snapping Turtle
07-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I've got to hand it to Clint. Up until a week ago, I'd been wondering why Hurdle had so much faith in him. If I was managing, I would've demoted Barmes a long time ago or at least benched him in favor of Quintanilla. Now he's definitely improved his plate discipline and he's getting on base a lot more often. I have a feeling he's going to be with the team for a long time, whether at SS or 2B.

Dude, he is so awesome at SS, some of the plays he makes are INSANE. He turns his body very well and I think for now we're set a 2nd too because Carroll makes some sick plays there. Clint has been my favorite for awhile now, and when they were talking about bringing him down it was really sad, but you can tell that he really wanted to stay and he has made such a HUGE improvement.

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Dude, he is so awesome at SS, some of the plays he makes are INSANE. He turns his body very well and I think for now we're set a 2nd too because Carroll makes some sick plays there. Clint has been my favorite for awhile now, and when they were talking about bringing him down it was really sad, but you can tell that he really wanted to stay and he has made such a HUGE improvement.The Rockies happen to have one of the best prospects in the entire minor leagues, Troy Tulowitzki, who is definitely going to be the SS of the future. Clint, who can play anywhere in the infield, would move to 2nd to accomodate him. And Jamey Carroll is only signed to a one-year deal so I don't think he factors much into the future, as much as I love the way the guy plays.

Snapping Turtle
07-27-2006, 10:23 PM
The Rockies happen to have one of the best prospects in the entire minor leagues, Troy Tulowitzki, who is definitely going to be the SS of the future. Clint, who can play anywhere in the infield, would move to 2nd to accomodate him. And Jamey Carroll is only signed to a one-year deal so I don't think he factors much into the future, as much as I love the way the guy plays.

Your're right about Troy, he has the talent thats for sure. And as much as I like Carroll, I'd rather keep Clint in as 2nd, just because he is, like you said rather versatile in the infield and his batting is HOT right now, although I was sad to see his 13 game streak end the other night.

WABronco
07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
The Rockies happen to have one of the best prospects in the entire minor leagues, Troy Tulowitzki, who is definitely going to be the SS of the future. Clint, who can play anywhere in the infield, would move to 2nd to accomodate him. And Jamey Carroll is only signed to a one-year deal so I don't think he factors much into the future, as much as I love the way the guy plays.

Seattle was pretty darn close to taking Tulo at no. 3. Good thing they didn't...heh. Instead, we got a Thome-clone. BOOYA!

I love drooling over top 'spects though. Our system has been somewhat dry, in terms of positional talent, for a few years now. But now...boy, we've got Adam Jones in CF and Jeff Clement on the way at C. I'm lovin' it...

BTW, are you hearing anything on a Shealy deal? I've said this before, but O'Dowd would be absolutely stupid to not get some pitching. You guys are in the race. You've got some holes in the BP and BK Kim could be upgraded/moved to the BP. There's gotta be another Bray/Majewski deal layin' around out there...

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Seattle was pretty darn close to taking Tulo at no. 3. Good thing they didn't...heh. Instead, we got a Thome-clone. BOOYA!

I love drooling over top 'spects though. Our system has been somewhat dry, in terms of positional talent, for a few years now. But now...boy, we've got Adam Jones in CF and Jeff Clement on the way at C. I'm lovin' it...

BTW, are you hearing anything on a Shealy deal? I've said this before, but O'Dowd would be absolutely stupid to not get some pitching. You guys are in the race. You've got some holes in the BP and BK Kim could be upgraded/moved to the BP. There's gotta be another Bray/Majewski deal layin' around out there...I love drooling over the guys in the system, too, and our system is oozing with talent. I'm so pumped up about Tulo. He hits for average with potential for power. But what I like most is his defense. He's got great range and an amazing arm. The comparison that's always thrown around with him is "Bobby Crosby, but better." He's headed to the Arizona Fall League, and then he'll be competing for the starting job next spring.

Beyond, Tulo, we've got other infielders like Ian Stewart (who's finally heating up), Christopher Nelson, Corey Wimberly, and Eric Young, Jr. We've got Joe Koshansky at 1B. Chris Iannetta is tearing up AAA behind the plate and is probably going to get called up later this year. Outfielders like Matt Miller and Dexter Fowler. Pitchers like Ubaldo Jimenez, Juan Morillo, Shane Lindsay, and Greg Reynolds. And tons of promising guys in rookie ball. But I'm just rambling now. Our farm system kicks ass.

And yeah, Jeff Clement is a STUD. He's not hitting too well in Tacoma but he's definitely going to be good.

As for Shealy, I have a feeling he won't be traded at all because Rockies aren't getting an offer they like. Right now, the best offer they've gotten is Rudy Seanez, who is 37 or 38. I guess the Rockies have overestimated Shealy's value. It's like how the Broncos can't find a fair trade for Lelie.

WABronco
07-27-2006, 10:53 PM
I love drooling over the guys in the system, too, and our system is oozing with talent. I'm so pumped up about Tulo. He hits for average with potential for power. But what I like most is his defense. He's got great range and an amazing arm. The comparison that's always thrown around with him is "Bobby Crosby, but better." He's headed to the Arizona Fall League, and then he'll be competing for the starting job next spring.

Beyond, Tulo, we've got other infielders like Ian Stewart (who's finally heating up), Christopher Nelson, Corey Wimberly, and Eric Young, Jr. We've got Joe Koshansky at 1B. Chris Iannetta is tearing up AAA behind the plate and is probably going to get called up later this year. Outfielders like Matt Miller and Dexter Fowler. Pitchers like Ubaldo Jimenez, Juan Morillo, Shane Lindsay, and Greg Reynolds. And tons of promising guys in rookie ball. But I'm just rambling now. Our farm system kicks ass.

And yeah, Jeff Clement is a STUD. He's not hitting too well in Tacoma but he's definitely going to be good.

Very cool...

As for Shealy, I have a feeling he won't be traded at all because Rockies aren't getting an offer they like. Right now, the best offer they've gotten is Rudy Seanez, who is 37 or 38. I guess the Rockies have overestimated Shealy's value. It's like how the Broncos can't find a fair trade for Lelie.

That's ridiculous. I mean, I can understand having a problem with his lack of MLB experience or his age...but Rudy Seanez? Are you kidding me? If that's all your being offered then we'll up the ante and give you Julio Mateo. Ha, jk. That stinks though. His value can only decrease from here, IMO. Hopefully you guys can get at least a 25 man pitcher for him...

CinnaMunMun
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Let me just say, Torrealba rocked tonight!
WOOOO!!!

Oh, btw, who is that pitcher we have that can throw over 100 mph in our farm system?

PsychoChicken
07-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Let me just say, Torrealba rocked tonight!
WOOOO!!!

Oh, btw, who is that pitcher we have that can throw over 100 mph in our farm system?Juan Morillo (AA Tulsa) and Ubaldo Jimenez (AAA Springs) can both do it. Jimenez usually throws in the 94-97 range. Morillo usually works from 97-99.

WABronco
07-28-2006, 02:20 AM
Oh, now I see why. That was a Pujols-swing...on the first pitch!

PsychoChicken
07-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Another nice win on a great pitching performance by Byung-Hyun Kim. The Garrett Atkins "Bill Buckner-style" error freaked me out, but Fuentes is back to his old dominant self. Torrealba got a hit (albeit an infield one) so he's staying in my avatar.

Snapping Turtle
07-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Another nice win on a great pitching performance by Byung-Hyun Kim. The Garrett Atkins "Bill Buckner-style" error freaked me out, but Fuentes is back to his old dominant self. Torrealba got a hit (albeit an infield one) so he's staying in my avatar.

Yeah, good game! The error had me yelling a few choice words but all that matters now is that we won! And Holliday clearly ended his little slump! I hope he keeps it up!

Anyway, I jsut found out that I get to go to the game tomorrow night! I'm pretty excited cuz Francis is pitching!!

watchthemiddle
07-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Right now batters 1-7 are looking pretty good. Nice to see Holliday get some hits and RBI's.

THey can't do anything worse then split the series now.

:beer: :beer:

BVP
07-31-2006, 08:54 AM
4 Hours left untill the Trading Deadline and still no trades for Ryan Sheally. Damn, I am on the edge of my seat I am so excited.

WABronco
07-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Shealy traded to KC for Affeldt and Denny Bautista...two live arms. Scott Dohmann (sp) is also headed to KC.

CinnaMunMun
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Shealy traded to KC for Affeldt and Denny Bautista...two live arms. Scott Dohmann (sp) is also headed to KC.

I am clueless over who Bautista and Affeldt are. Is this a good trade, or are both sides holding their breath?

WABronco
07-31-2006, 04:50 PM
I am clueless over who Bautista and Affeldt are. Is this a good trade, or are both sides holding their breath?
Yea, I think so. Affeldt has always had a high potential arm...plus he's LH. Bautista throws upper 90's, and he was pretty good last year in the majors.

fatsquirrel
07-31-2006, 07:39 PM
im disappionted somewhat for what the rockies got for Shealy

Go Rockies! :D

str8jacket
07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
im disappionted somewhat for what the rockies got for Shealy

Go Rockies! :D
exactly what i was thinking little bro

BVP
08-01-2006, 09:53 AM
I am not dissapointed because we got the bullpen help that we needed, plus we got another starter so we dont have to start Kim anymore.

CinnaMunMun
08-02-2006, 10:09 AM
That was the worst inning I have EVER seen out of the Rockies in a long long time.

Helton was on friggin 3rd! The D had so many holes they looked swiss!

JUST HIT THE DANG BALL!!!! ARGGGG!!!

fatsquirrel
08-02-2006, 12:20 PM
the rockies should have won that game :mad:

BVP
08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
That was a pathetic game played by the Rockies! :mad:

Snapping Turtle
08-02-2006, 03:05 PM
That was a pathetic game played by the Rockies! :mad:

You said it! I think I've cursed them...ever since I met Clint and Corey they have not been playing their best ball. Clint has gotten a freaking error almost every game!!

Me and my superstitions believe that if JAMEY CARROLL would have been in the whole game things would have been different...

CinnaMunMun
08-02-2006, 03:27 PM
You said it! I think I've cursed them...ever since I met Clint and Corey they have not been playing their best ball. Clint has gotten a freaking error almost every game!!

Me and my superstitions believe that if JAMEY CARROLL would have been in the whole game things would have been different...

It might be worse tonght, Atkins is getting the night off and so might Torrealba.

Unfortunately, this is one of the weakest teams that is a good opportunity to rest some starters.

Snapping Turtle
08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
It might be worse tonght, Atkins is getting the night off and so might Torrealba.

Unfortunately, this is one of the weakest teams that is a good opportunity to rest some starters.

Yeah, they deserve a night off thats for sure, but Carroll and Barmes are my fave players...and things are just weird when they both aren't out there. Atkins being out worries me....I just hope we dont lose again. I'm pretty sure though that we'll be okay in the field--we usually are, but if we dont hit better tonight I might have to throw a fit.

CinnaMunMun
08-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Ahhhh, it looks like the Rockies are taking some words of Yogi Berra to heart!

"When we score more than the other team, we usuallly win"

Snapping Turtle
08-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Ahhhh, it looks like the Rockies are taking some words of Yogi Berra to heart!

"When we score more than the other team, we usuallly win"

Haha cin. And yes they are actually HITTING tonight. You know maybe they finally realized "oh, you hit the ball with the bat??"

CinnaMunMun
08-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Haha cin. And yes they are actually HITTING tonight. You know maybe they finally realized "oh, you hit the ball with the bat??"

The only one I think that gets away with that is Holliday. He kept hitting the ball with his body or face! *ow!*

CinnaMunMun
08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I wonder what kind of gum Hurdle is chewing, he got a pretty big bubble out of it.

Don't blow it Fuentes!

Man, this Ump's strike zone is very liberal!

And look! Bonds got kicked out! MUAHAHAHAHHA! He should have shut up! :laugh: On a 2-2 count! MUAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:

ahhh, feels good!

Snapping Turtle
08-04-2006, 09:28 PM
I wonder what kind of gum Hurdle is chewing, he got a pretty big bubble out of it.

Don't blow it Fuentes!

Man, this Ump's strike zone is very liberal!

And look! Bonds got kicked out! MUAHAHAHAHHA! He should have shut up! :laugh: On a 2-2 count! MUAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:

ahhh, feels good!

TRASH ON THE FIELD+rockies running for cover=big news on sports center!

CinnaMunMun
08-04-2006, 09:28 PM
TRASH ON THE FIELD+rockies running for cover=big news on sports center!
We keep giving each other the same news in different threads! :laugh:

Snapping Turtle
08-04-2006, 09:29 PM
We keep giving each other the same news in different threads! :laugh:

We do...hahaha. I'll ignore the other one, because this is the ROCKIES thread. LOL. Ugh...I was hoping no one would chuck a beer bottle and hit Clinty in the head... :D

CinnaMunMun
08-04-2006, 09:36 PM
We do...hahaha. I'll ignore the other one, because this is the ROCKIES thread. LOL. Ugh...I was hoping no one would chuck a beer bottle and hit Clinty in the head... :D

Don't worry, I doubt they would be able to hit Hurdle in the dugout! :D

Fickle fans though. The ump was doing it to us, and he starts to do it to them and they cry.

Snapping Turtle
08-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Don't worry, I doubt they would be able to hit Hurdle in the dugout! :D

Fickle fans though. The ump was doing it to us, and he starts to do it to them and they cry.

You never know Cin, they could have somehow launched something into the dougout! And you know I think his gum must be LeBron's Lemonade Lightening...because I have some of that gum and it makes big bubbles!

And the fans there! My Gosh! Some of those pitches the ump was calling strikes on us earlier were so terrible...then they go crazy on a 2-2 count. FREAKS.

CinnaMunMun
08-04-2006, 09:53 PM
You never know Cin, they could have somehow launched something into the dougout! And you know I think his gum must be LeBron's Lemonade Lightening...because I have some of that gum and it makes big bubbles!

And the fans there! My Gosh! Some of those pitches the ump was calling strikes on us earlier were so terrible...then they go crazy on a 2-2 count. FREAKS.

Well, they are Giants fans so what does that say! ;)

Actually, 9/10 times they would be the less crazy ones...but not this year!

I see playoffs!

Snapping Turtle
08-04-2006, 09:54 PM

I see playoffs!

Playoffs! Scary! I get too nervous watching regular season games! :sick:

CinnaMunMun
08-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Playoffs! Scary! I get too nervous watching regular season games! :sick:

Ill will be something on the nerves thats for sure! Playoffs AND Broncos regular season! :eek:

:shake:

Snapping Turtle
08-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Ill will be something on the nerves thats for sure! Playoffs AND Broncos regular season! :eek:

:shake:

You make me think about scary things! It would be so awesome if the Rockies AND the Broncos do AMAZING!

Ugh, I'm tired Cinny, I'm going to bed! I'll talk to you later!!

AvsFan26
08-04-2006, 11:58 PM
after watching those events i can honestly say ive never been happier in my life. god i hate barry bonds

WABronco
08-05-2006, 12:05 AM
What a bunch of ****** bags in San Fran. Bow down to Barroids...

str8jacket
08-05-2006, 06:46 AM

I see playoffs!
last i checked we were 2 1/2 out of the wild card, its a possibility

alright, we won last night! too bad i was watching the X Games and Travis Pastrana pulling a double backflip
that means we're 2 1/2 games out of First in the West
Anyway back on topic, its a close race for both NL West and the Wild Card, im hoping for the NL West of course, but if we make the playoffs Colorado will go insane, gonna have to go to the games for sure then

CinnaMunMun
08-05-2006, 01:35 PM
On a 2-2 count too...my respect for any Giants fans plummeted after last night.

Go Rockies tonight! :D

and Go Florida! beat those daggum Dodgers!

and whomever beat the Padres and Daimondbacks too! Go them!

Snapping Turtle
08-05-2006, 01:57 PM
On a 2-2 count too...my respect for any Giants fans plummeted after last night.

Go Rockies tonight! :D

and Go Florida! beat those daggum Dodgers!

and whomever beat the Padres and Daimondbacks too! Go them!

The fans not only made themselves look bad, but they made the team look bad. Losers.

Ugh, I MIGHT not be home in time tonight to watch the game! I might die.

CinnaMunMun
08-05-2006, 02:01 PM
The fans not only made themselves look bad, but they made the team look bad. Losers.

Ugh, I MIGHT not be home in time tonight to watch the game! I might die.
Im gonna miss most of it because of work. I might miss the whole thing if its a quick game! :ugh:

Snapping Turtle
08-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Im gonna miss most of it because of work. I might miss the whole thing if its a quick game! :ugh:

How sad Cinny. We can both be sad about missing the game. :( I have to go to dinner with my Grandma, and she doesnt understand the concept of eating at 5:00, so the rest of my family gets to miss at least the beginning of the game.

CinnaMunMun
08-05-2006, 09:03 PM
How sad Cinny. We can both be sad about missing the game. :( I have to go to dinner with my Grandma, and she doesnt understand the concept of eating at 5:00, so the rest of my family gets to miss at least the beginning of the game.
YAY!!!

The Rockies waited until I got home to work the magic! :D

*dances*

Snapping Turtle
08-05-2006, 09:04 PM
YAY!!!

The Rockies waited until I got home to work the magic! :D

*dances*

CINNY! CLINTY SAVES THE GAME! CLINTY SAVES THE GAME!

::dances::

And old CLint Hurdle got thrown out!

watchthemiddle
08-05-2006, 09:10 PM

I am at work, what happened??

Last I saw, it was top of the 11th.

Kapaibro
08-05-2006, 09:13 PM

I saw your man slave doing his business! MLB.tv at work!

That black uni looks good!

CinnaMunMun
08-05-2006, 09:13 PM
I am at work, what happened??

Last I saw, it was top of the 11th.
Despite the ump being against the Rockies, Freeman singled, Fogg sac. bunted, Freeman to second. Barmes singled to right allowing Freeman to score!

YAY!!

Go Clint!!

Show that stupid ump he was stupid! Hurdle should have never been thrown out. Barmes got called out for offensive interference (he hit the catcher's glove on a pitch out). Problem was, it was a bad pitch and Barmes never left the batter's box! He saw a chance to hit the ball and the catcher interfered!

Snapping Turtle
08-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Despite the ump being against the Rockies, Freeman singled, Fogg sac. bunted, Freeman to second. Barmes singled to right allowing Freeman to score!

YAY!!

Go Clint!!

Show that stupid ump he was stupid! Hurdle should have never been thrown out. Barmes got called out for offensive interference (he hit the catcher's glove on a pitch out). Problem was, it was a bad pitch and Barmes never left the batter's box! He saw a chance to hit the ball and the catcher interfered!

Imagine a volcano erupting plus a very long string or curse words and you've got a nice visual of my reaction to that call! Basically it was total BS, the ump should have discussed it more with the other umpires on the field, and Hurdle is now screwed(ok not exactly) because he did what was right.

Ugh...just thinking about it is making me mad, but besides that Clinty had a GREAT game!

Kapaibro
08-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Imagine a volcano erupting plus a very long string or curse words and you've got a nice visual of my reaction to that call! Basically it was total BS, the ump should have discussed it more with the other umpires on the field, and Hurdle is now screwed(ok not exactly) because he did what was right.

Ugh...just thinking about it is making me mad, but besides that Clinty had a GREAT game!
Deep breaths!

Visualise you and Clinty on a golden beach, blue skys, drinks in pineapples, perfect weather...................... ahhhh Happy place!

Snapping Turtle
08-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Deep breaths!

Visualise you and Clinty on a golden beach, blue skys, drinks in pineapples, perfect weather...................... ahhhh Happy place!

Kap, you are the greatest. I can't believe they were so rude to my Clinty though! :D

str8jacket
08-06-2006, 05:59 AM

YAY!!

Go Clint!!

the interference call was crap, i agree

however i think that the home plate ump was just protecting the 3rd base ump when Bonds did not check his swing and swung through (3rd base ump was the homeplate ump the night before that threw Bonds out), and letting the game run smoothly, free of debris and such, good thing a win turned out of all this or id be angry with that call as well

str8jacket
08-06-2006, 06:06 AM
I'd like to add one last thing, no love for Jeremy Affeldt? He came in and pitched brilliantly! Barmes wouldnt have had that chance if it wasnt for him, his breaking ball was nasty and has a huge range of speed, he would throw a 92 mph fastball then switch it up to a 70 mph curve

AvsFan26
08-06-2006, 09:30 AM
to be honest i was quite amazed when affeldt came in in the nineth instead of Fuentes. I mean i know that we wanted the game to go into the tenth, but i just figured we would have fuentes pitched two. But i tell ya what, this tells me that we now have two excellent closers, and maybe we can now use affeldt in the eight and Fuentes in the Nineth. i know weve got corpas, king and mesa pitching well right now, but wouldnt that be great to have affeldt takin over the eight for every couple of games?

CinnaMunMun
08-06-2006, 09:49 AM
I agree, Affeldt was amazing last night! I would feel more secure with him in the 8th than with Mesa.

I loved his curveball though, that drop was almost like he pitched it underhand! I just hope he can get a similar curve on it here in CO's thin air.

Snapping Turtle
08-06-2006, 10:17 AM
I agree with you guys. I left the room for a quick potty break and I was expecting Fuentes on the mound when I came back, and was pleasently surprised to see Jeremy up there. Last night gave him a chance to make up for his not so perfect Rockies debut. I think he may become a new fan favorite.

AvsFan26
08-06-2006, 12:18 PM
im not sure about fan favorite, but i know that this guy's definetly gonna get the job done for us, no doubt.

Snapping Turtle
08-06-2006, 12:21 PM
im not sure about fan favorite, but i know that this guy's definetly gonna get the job done for us, no doubt.

Well, okay you're prolly right, but most of my girlfriends think he's "dreamy" ooo. LOL.

AvsFan26
08-06-2006, 03:17 PM
hmmm, ill have to talk to my "girlfriends" and get their opinion lol!!!!

Snapping Turtle
08-06-2006, 03:32 PM
I guess we all spoke to soon--Rockies played a sh*tty game today!

champ24girl
08-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Here's hoping the Rockies can slow down the red-hot Dodgers and win at least half of their games in LA.

Go Rockies!!

Medford Bronco
08-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Here's hoping the Rockies can slow down the red-hot Dodgers and win at least half of their games in LA.

Go Rockies!!

No J/k I know there are a lot of Rockies fans here. I just cant root against my boys. I have been a fan for so long the Rockies did not even exist until 12 years after becoming Dodger fan in 1981.

but always good luck against SF the team I despise the most becuse of roid man.

PsychoChicken
08-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Looks like we'll start off with the top of the Dodgers rotation while they start off with the bottom of our rotation. We definitely need to grab those last two games with Francis and Jennings on the mound, and stealing a win tonight or tomorrow night would really go a long way in the standings.

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Looks like we'll start off with the top of the Dodgers rotation while they start off with the bottom of our rotation. We definitely need to grab those last two games with Francis and Jennings on the mound, and stealing a win tonight or tomorrow night would really go a long way in the standings.

I'm so nervous for this series. We need to back up our pitching with some runs!

PsychoChicken
08-07-2006, 05:09 PM
According to BA, the Rockies now have the second best farm system behind the Devil Rays.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/askba/262115.html

The Rockies also have moved up, from No. 11 at the outset of the season to No. 2 in my mind at this point. Troy Tulowitzki can make a case for being the best shortstop in the minors, and despite a so-so season Ian Stewart is among the best at third base. Chris Iannetta, Ubaldo Jimenez and Franklin Morales could join them in the 2007 version of the Top 100, as could first-round choice Greg Reynolds. The only notable prospect Colorado has brought to the majors this year is the injured Omar Quintanilla.

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 06:38 PM
According to BA, the Rockies now have the second best farm system behind the Devil Rays.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/askba/262115.html

Wow! Thanks for posting, thats really good to hear.

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Lets go Rox! :beer:

Beat Penny for once! :sad:

keithbishop
08-07-2006, 08:14 PM
BOOO!!! Boo!!

Go Dodgers!! Why can't LA have more pitchers like Brad Penny??

:cheeky: LOL. Just playing, Cinnamunmun.

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 09:06 PM
BOOO!!! Boo!!

Go Dodgers!! Why can't LA have more pitchers like Brad Penny??

:cheeky: LOL. Just playing, Cinnamunmun.

Its perfectly fine!

You guys are earning this win thats for sure!

UGH! :ugh:

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 09:09 PM
UGH.

I feel very sad right now. :ugh:

No Clinty playing and the Rockies are not doing very good. :(

I may need to go put on some sad music and hide for days in my room with the lights off while wearing a bathrobe...ok maybe not.

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 09:21 PM
UGH.

I feel very sad right now. :ugh:

No Clinty playing and the Rockies are not doing very good. :(

I may need to go put on some sad music and hide for days in my room with the lights off while wearing a bathrobe...ok maybe not.

"Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler is a nice sad song.

Tonight has some bad umping, but nothing a good team wouldn't have overcome.

Sadly, I don't think we are a playoff team yet. :(

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Uh oh!

We might still be in this!

Penny is getting high in the pitch count! :O

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 09:25 PM
"Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler is a nice sad song.

Tonight has some bad umping, but nothing a good team wouldn't have overcome.

Sadly, I don't think we are a playoff team yet. :(

We can try and keep our heads up...ok I dunno if we can, but remember there is always next years...and HOME RUN FOR HAWPE! OK, that made things slightly better, but I still dont think we're going to get much furthur with these dang Dodgers.

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
We can try and keep our heads up...ok I dunno if we can, but remember there is always next years...and HOME RUN FOR HAWPE! OK, that made things slightly better, but I still dont think we're going to get much furthur with these dang Dodgers.

I can see us winning the other games of the series. But until we find a way to beat other team's aces, we just arent going to push for the World Series.

We are young though, so there is always an upside!

The game isn't over yet, GO ROCKIES! :beer:

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 09:35 PM
I can see us winning the other games of the series. But until we find a way to beat other team's aces, we just arent going to push for the World Series.

We are young though, so there is always an upside!

The game isn't over yet, GO ROCKIES! :beer:

Do you know who we have on the mound tomorrow? Hopefully we can do something a little better there tomorrow! AAnd yes, the game is not over.

GO ROCKOS! :D

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Do you know who we have on the mound tomorrow? Hopefully we can do something a little better there tomorrow! AAnd yes, the game is not over.

GO ROCKOS! :D

Yea, Kim is starting. So thats a 50/50 that we will have a good outing with him.

but yea, we are done. No way we are going to get 3 runs off of Saito. :ugh:

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Yea, Kim is starting. So thats a 50/50 that we will have a good outing with him.

but yea, we are done. No way we are going to get 3 runs off of Saito. :ugh:

Lets be depressed..::sigh:: :( :duh:

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Lets be depressed..::sigh:: :( :duh:

No! No depression! We will see this as a learning experience!

I have an inside man who is about to introduce a metal bat to Penny's knees! ;)

Success is immenent!

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 09:44 PM
No! No depression! We will see this as a learning experience!

I have an inside man who is about to introduce a metal bat to Penny's knees! ;)

Success is immenent!

HAHA. OK no depression, although the umping is very questionable right now. I'm not sure that guy was safe on third.

Is your inside man a midget by chance? Because that would be so cool.

CinnaMunMun
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
HAHA. OK no depression, although the umping is very questionable right now. I'm not sure that guy was safe on third.

Is your inside man a midget by chance? Because that would be so cool.

He is a midget! Its B Kim! A midget by pitcher standards!

Ahhhh, we really lost now. darn!

Oh well, I wasn't expecting to win.

Snapping Turtle
08-07-2006, 09:47 PM
He is a midget! Its B Kim! A midget by pitcher standards!

Ahhhh, we really lost now. darn!

Oh well, I wasn't expecting to win.

Yey BK! LOL.

Yeah, I didn't have a good feeling about this game from the get go., especially after last night's game which sucked. Oh well, we have a better shot tomorrow methinks.

PsychoChicken
08-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Hopefully, Maddux starts sucking again like he did in Chicago and doesn't throw 6 no-hit innings like in his last outing.

Fogg's really been Jekyll/Hyde this season. He either looks like a freaking Cy Young candidate (exhibit A: two-hit CG shutout facing 27 batters vs. M's) or Jeff Weaver minus the loser attitude (exhibit B: tonight's loss)

Snapping Turtle
08-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Hopefully, Maddux starts sucking again like he did in Chicago and doesn't throw 6 no-hit innings like in his last outing.

Fogg's really been Jekyll/Hyde this season. He either looks like a freaking Cy Young candidate (exhibit A: two-hit CG shutout facing 27 batters vs. M's) or Jeff Weaver minus the loser attitude (exhibit B: tonight's loss)

Haha Jekyll/Hyde is a very good description of Fogg. Just when it seems hes going to pull through and help us get a win he blows it and gets ejected from the game! LOL.

I'm very worried about Maddux...it almost makes me sick. I just hope we HIT THE BALL tonight, because that is our BIGGEST issue. Matt Holliday DID NOTHING and usually I expect much more from him.

Hurdle's switching up of the batting order was interesting. It freaked me out at first, but if he keeps it like that for a little bit it may work out...but I still like seeing Barmes in the 2 hole.

CinnaMunMun
08-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Haha Jekyll/Hyde is a very good description of Fogg. Just when it seems hes going to pull through and help us get a win he blows it and gets ejected from the game! LOL.

I'm very worried about Maddux...it almost makes me sick. I just hope we HIT THE BALL tonight, because that is our BIGGEST issue. Matt Holliday DID NOTHING and usually I expect much more from him.

Hurdle's switching up of the batting order was interesting. It freaked me out at first, but if he keeps it like that for a little bit it may work out...but I still like seeing Barmes in the 2 hole.

Barmes is much better from the 2 hole, but it also seems hes better when there is a baserunner.

Carrol hasn't been doing so hot lately so maybe his play is what pushed Barmes back.

And Holliday needs to start playing like the guy who should have started for the All Star Game!

BK! Get that slider under control! Keep that fastball low in the zone! Get those Dodgers!

Oh, I wanted to ask you guys and gals, what do you think about our current catcher situation?

Torrealba is great, but do any of you think we should have kept Closser in the majors instead of Ardoin? Ardoin is great defensively sure, but he needs a tennis racket to hit the baseball! What do you think?

Snapping Turtle
08-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Barmes is much better from the 2 hole, but it also seems hes better when there is a baserunner.

Carrol hasn't been doing so hot lately so maybe his play is what pushed Barmes back.

And Holliday needs to start playing like the guy who should have started for the All Star Game!

BK! Get that slider under control! Keep that fastball low in the zone! Get those Dodgers!

Oh, I wanted to ask you guys and gals, what do you think about our current catcher situation?

Torrealba is great, but do any of you think we should have kept Closser in the majors instead of Ardoin? Ardoin is great defensively sure, but he needs a tennis racket to hit the baseball! What do you think?

Seriously, what is up with Carroll? He seems to be trying to hard at the plate, every time he hits its like he's trying for something bigger than necessary and then they catch it in the outfield. Come on Jamey, we only need a BASE HIT.

And Holliday, ugh. Get a home run dude. I've noticed he does so much better once he has gotten a home run, he has some sort of mentality that he isn't good when he's not jacking them. He only seems to want to jack one into the opposite field and he swings too hard sometimes..I get really annoyed with him when he does that. Doesn't he know we love him even when he doesn't get home runs? LOL.

And the catchers..I love Yorvit, but he has a TEMPER. He's always yelling out f**k and it kinda cracks me up, I just dont want to see him tossed or anything because he tends to step it up just when we need him! And I think we should have kept Closser with us, I really liked watching him play, he hit pretty good and ran the bases pretty well, Ardoin wont help us where we need it the most which is hitting and scoring runs, our defense is really good, we just need to back it up with runs, and I think Closser would have helped us better than Ardoin...yeah.

CinnaMunMun
08-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Seriously, what is up with Carroll? He seems to be trying to hard at the plate, every time he hits its like he's trying for something bigger than necessary and then they catch it in the outfield. Come on Jamey, we only need a BASE HIT.

And Holliday, ugh. Get a home run dude. I've noticed he does so much better once he has gotten a home run, he has some sort of mentality that he isn't good when he's not jacking them. He only seems to want to jack one into the opposite field and he swings too hard sometimes..I get really annoyed with him when he does that. Doesn't he know we love him even when he doesn't get home runs? LOL.

And the catchers..I love Yorvit, but he has a TEMPER. He's always yelling out f**k and it kinda cracks me up, I just dont want to see him tossed or anything because he tends to step it up just when we need him! And I think we should have kept Closser with us, I really liked watching him play, he hit pretty good and ran the bases pretty well, Ardoin wont help us where we need it the most which is hitting and scoring runs, our defense is really good, we just need to back it up with runs, and I think Closser would have helped us better than Ardoin...yeah.

I think the whole team (besides Atkins and Helton) is just trying to hard to get some runs going. I know Hawpe had that problem, but he seems to be doing a bit better now.

Holliday swung at EVERYTHING last night. Like he wanted to clobber it! He needs to just get contact first, then worry about clobbering it.

I think you are right about Carrol trying to hard. In the past he would sit and wait for that perfect pitch (or get a walk) because he is so good at recognising pitches. Hes been striking out more recently.

Ugh! Young team troubles!

but we can win tonight! Go Rox!

Snapping Turtle
08-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I think the whole team (besides Atkins and Helton) is just trying to hard to get some runs going. I know Hawpe had that problem, but he seems to be doing a bit better now.

Holliday swung at EVERYTHING last night. Like he wanted to clobber it! He needs to just get contact first, then worry about clobbering it.

I think you are right about Carrol trying to hard. In the past he would sit and wait for that perfect pitch (or get a walk) because he is so good at recognising pitches. Hes been striking out more recently.

Ugh! Young team troubles!

but we can win tonight! Go Rox!

I'm so glad Hawpe got that HR last night becasue he is a very good hitter, he just doesn't always pick the right pitches to swing at, hopefully this will give him a little boost.

Holliday needs to take chill pill and focus on what he needs to do to advance a runner, or simply get on base. We like it when people get on base.

Carroll generally is VERY good at picking the right pitch to swing at and he has done an excellent job leadin off up untill the past couple of games. Hopefully he'll do better tonight, I hope everyone does better tonight! And BK is a prety good hitter so maybe he can help out there?

PsychoChicken
08-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Sullivan was in the two-hole last night because he hits well against Penny. It also gave the top of the lineup a left handed bat instead of starting off with 4 right handed bats in a row. We'll probably see Barmes back in the two-hole tonight, though.

Snapping Turtle
08-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Sullivan was in the two-hole last night because he hits well against Penny. It also gave the top of the lineup a left handed bat instead of starting off with 4 right handed bats in a row. We'll probably see Barmes back in the two-hole tonight, though.

Good, because he does better there, and Sullivan ended up not doing too much with the bat, although he made an awesome catch in the outfield.

CinnaMunMun
08-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I see a win tonight! :eek:

Go Rox!

Snapping Turtle
08-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I see a win tonight! :eek:

Go Rox!

Were you gazing into your magic crystal ball Cinny?

I sure do hope you're right! ::crosses fingers:: I'm worried about Maddux. :ugh:

Oh well, GO GET 'EM ROCKOS! :beer:

PsychoChicken
08-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Hmm, Helton in the two-hole. That's... interesting.

PsychoChicken
08-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh my god, did Holliday just catch a ball that was hit BEHIND him?

CinnaMunMun
08-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Oh my god, did Holliday just catch a ball that was hit BEHIND him?

I dunno, but it looks like our bats are almost on track tonight. :beer:

Unfortunately, Kim is having a hard time keeping pitches down in the zone :ugh:

CinnaMunMun
08-08-2006, 07:29 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!

I told ya, I saw a win tonight! :D

CinnaMunMun
08-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Mmmmm, good close game tonight!

CinnaMunMun
08-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Why do the Rox have to torture me so? :ugh:

We have the lead, and now Kim and Ramirez blow it!

PsychoChicken
08-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Blah, I guess we can't expect everything out of Torrealba, especially because he already drove in our only two runs. Still a wasted opportunity though.

PsychoChicken
08-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Friggin' Jose Mesa...

Corpas could be twice the 8th inning man that Mesa is if they'd give him a shot.

Snapping Turtle
08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Ugh. I tried to get on here sonner and cheer on the Rockos with you guys, but my brother and his friend were trying to hook up with some chick on myspace. :(

Anyway, we did better than last night at least! A few questionable calls by the umps...the check swing by Hawpe and one of Yorvit's throws to second I thought was an out. Great play by Holliday and Helton to get the out at first.

And I think the batting order move was great! I wonder how long we'll stick with it.

Oh, and I agree, we need to put Corpas into more ball games, he is one of our better pitchers!

CinnaMunMun
08-09-2006, 10:46 AM
I agree, Corpas is on fire and deserves to throw in the spot that we are having trouble in!

Some good things though:

Hawpe looks to be back on track and not swinging at every ball inside.

Carrol is hitting better.

and Holliday seems to be hitting better as well.

Kim was shaky at times last night, but he deserved a win. Sad to see we couldn't get it for him.

Francis is up tonght right? Lets go Jeff! :beer:

Snapping Turtle
08-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Hawpe is the man right now, he's been really fun to watch and I think his confidence has had a major boost, lets jsut hope he keeps it up!

I'm nervous for tonight, I dont want to lose again! It kills team moral, and I want them to win, not only because we'll get closer to #1, but also because it will ruin the dang streak the Dodgers are on right now. We need confidence, because thats what the Dodgers have, they go out knowing they will win and we go out thinking we're going to lose!

Francis on the mound tonight is going to OWN, at least I hope so, he's been hot lately, I jsut hope he keeps it up! :heh:

PsychoChicken
08-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Jeff Francis has managed to get good command of 3 pitches over the last few games. Let's hope he's still got it going because he needs to get the win tonight big time.

In other news, Piedra sucks. Or at least he sucks when he's not juicing.

Snapping Turtle
08-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Jeff Francis has managed to get good command of 3 pitches over the last few games. Let's hope he's still got it going because he needs to get the win tonight big time.

In other news, Piedra sucks. Or at least he sucks when he's not juicing.

Ugh, the games about to stat, and I am nervous! Smitty is leading off and playing 2nd..I hope this doesnt screw things up. :sick:

And Piedra...I've never liked him. He's a loser!

Oh guess what, the neighbors were getting a new driveway pured today, and I swear one of the workers was Yorvit...it looked exactly like him. :confused:

CinnaMunMun
08-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Its a good game so far! Go Rockies!

PsychoChicken
08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
C'mon, get Francis the win he deserves.

...Not that Lowe doesn't deserve it either, but screw him!