PDA

View Full Version : Panthers @ Eagles

broncosbeast
01-11-2004, 06:18 PM
What's your pick. I think that the Eagles will make the third time a charm and get over the hump. Rush Limbaugh calls 911 for help with the ever-enlarging foot in his mouth.

Eagles 20
Panthers 14

GoDenver
01-11-2004, 08:59 PM
carlonia's lookin pretty damn good right now and their defense should be able to stop philly even better than the pack did.
here goes: 24-13 carolina

broncoforlife
01-11-2004, 10:28 PM
....er, McNabb will pick them up and carry them if he has to, just as he did today against the Pack.

21 - 17, Philly.

broncosbeast
01-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Carolina might do better if Kasay can kick the ball through the yellow things at the end of the field.

halfback
01-12-2004, 04:15 PM
I would like to see philly win

GoDenver
01-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by broncosbeast
Carolina might do better if Kasay can kick the ball through the yellow things at the end of the field.

Hahahaha..... (thanks for the laugh beast)

Elway
01-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Eagles win 35-24

Jared
01-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Philly's one weakness is stopping the run, so this may be a quick, low scoring affair.

Philly, as a team, is more efficient than Carolina, so I think, in Philly, it goes something like 17-14, Eagles.

broncosbeast
01-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Jared
Philly's one weakness is stopping the run, so this may be a quick, low scoring affair.

Philly, as a team, is more efficient than Carolina, so I think, in Philly, it goes something like 17-14, Eagles.

Philly may have a porous run defense like some other teams but they can step it up in other areas. They allowed about 350 yards to Ahman Green in two meeting but won both of them. Philly has more veteran talent and is more versatile (sp?) on offense. We have seen Jake Delhomme throw the ball extremely well this year but he is still somewhat inexperienced as a starter. Stephen Davis is their main offensive weapon. The key is the matchup between the Eagle Offense and Carolina Defense. The Eagles need to keep running but that may not be so easy when they are trying to run against one of the best defensive lines in the league. Donovan McNabb showed everyone this weekend that he can still run and is hard to bring down. Pinkston, Thrash, L.J. Smith etc. need to step up against the Carolina secondary. Philly needs more than a small lead to win. Carolina cannot let the game slip away becuase they are not a large comeback offense.

halfback
01-13-2004, 04:23 PM
I think this will be a heck of a game, the panthers have looked really good in the playoffs, id like to see philly pull it out

broncosbeast
01-14-2004, 02:55 PM
If Philly can win this I think they will take home the lombardi trophy. They can beat any of these teams. I will pull for the Eagels the rest of the way.