PDA

View Full Version : Clayton's camp observations

ECBronco
08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Here are John Clayton's observations from Bronco's camp. He's on board with Marshall, Cutler, and M. Bell.

Jay Cutler has the look of a top NFL quarterback. He has the strong arm and the smarts. Still, head coach Mike Shanahan won't rush him. Cutler is running the third team behind Jake Plummer and Bradlee Van Pelt.

The thought going around camp is that Cutler won't catch Van Pelt for the backup job until sometime during the season. Everyone knows it is particularly hard for any rookie quarterback to step in and run the West Coast offense. Shanahan doesn't need to do that with Cutler. He can take time to groom him. Cutler has all the tools. His strong arm really shows during goal-line plays and when he rifles the slant pass. From three-step drops, Cutler can step back quickly and fire a throw into the numbers of a receiver.

There's no doubt Cutler will be one of the most-watched players during the preseason. Broncos fans are still spoiled from the John Elway days. They want a young gunslinger. Cutler has the chance to be the gunslinger of the future.

The early star of camp is wide receiver Brandon Marshall of Central Florida. He already is being projected as the potential No. 3 receiver behind Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie. Sure, similar things were being said about Darius Watts, a raw second-round choice from a couple of years ago who hasn't shown the consistent hands to move forward. With Lelie holding out, Shanahan is using Watts as the third receiver, but don't be surprised if Marshall passes him by the end of the exhibition season.

Marshall is 6-foot-4, 222 pounds, and he catches everything. On slant patterns, he has the knack of positioning his body in front of the defender and making the catch. Second-round choice Tony Scheffler also looks good as a backup tight end. He has the speed to stretch the field and shows good hands.

The defense has undergone little change, but it's strange not seeing Trevor Pryce along the defensive line. Whether he played end or tackle, Pryce dominated. The Broncos cut him, and he signed with the Ravens. He already has come out and sounded bitter about the decision. Nevertheless, the defensive line went through an amazing overhaul last year and should only get better.

Think about what Shanahan did last year in winning 13 games. He revamped the defensive line with Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown, Michael Myers, Ebenezer Ekuban and John Engelberger. He gambled and won with three young players in the secondary -- Darrent Williams, Domonique Foxworth and Karl Paymah. He brought back Ian Gold to complete one of the league's best linebacking trios. Defensive coordinator Larry Coyer somehow was able to get this group to come together under a very complicated blitzing scheme.

Ron Dayne is playing with the first team at running back, but this has to be Tatum Bell's breakout year. Watching him run, you wonder why it hasn't happened sooner. Bell glides down the field. If he can make the right cut and get past the initial group of tacklers, he can run for touchdowns.

Bell averaged 5.3 yards a carry last season, but he hasn't earned enough carries to be the starter and there is no guarantee he will this year. Bell has been working on his strength to get bigger and stronger on short-yardage and goal-line plays. Shanahan thinks he tends to wear down after about 15 carries, so Bell has to prove to the coach he can hold up and produce beyond that threshold.

The starting halfback job is wide-open. Anything can happen, including an addition by trade. The Broncos also are excited about undrafted rookie Mike Bell, who is showing promise during camp.

Aside from Javon Walker's sheer talent, I also like his attitude. Even though he demanded a trade from the Packers last season, he went about his work professionally. He didn't hold out and worked hard to get ready for the season.

Going behind the scenes, you find out Walker is a perfectionist. For the past couple of years, he has worked with a former Florida State teammate on a device called Great Catch. He has been showing it at high school clinics and getting sales. The product is patented. Great Catch is basically a hand strap with a small, tennis ball-like apparatus that fits in the palm. It comes in three sizes -- small, medium and large. The idea is that if the ball hits the tennis ball in the palm of the hand, it's going to bounce out of the hands. This device forces a receiver to catch more with his fingertips. The more he catches with the fingertips, the stronger they become. Soon, Walker plans to show his new product to NFL teams. It looks like a winner.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

The Hamburgler
08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for getting that for us.

The starting halfback job is wide-open. Anything can happen, including an addition by trade. The Broncos also are excited about undrafted rookie Mike Bell, who is showing promise during camp.

MIKE BELL MIKE BELL MIKE BELL. :D But good for everybody else.

BroncFanIN
08-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Good find! That contraption that Walker has sounds pretty neat.

I'm excited to see this Marshall kid play. From the media and the insiders at the Mane, he's made a heck of an impact.

Smith, Walker and Marshall! :beer:

dontfeedthenerd
08-02-2006, 09:25 AM
The defense has undergone little change, but it's strange not seeing Trevor Pryce along the defensive line. Whether he played end or tackle, Pryce dominated. The Broncos cut him, and he signed with the Ravens. He already has come out and sounded bitter about the decision. Nevertheless, the defensive line went through an amazing overhaul last year and should only get better.

that is complete bull. Pryce dominate? Not for the past 2 years w/ his back injury and his lukewarm performance last year.

DURANGO BRONCO
08-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Has anyone seen the article on Pryce today, knocking the Broncs? I heard it was on Scout.com

DenverBuckeye
08-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Man does Brandon Marshall sound good.
Our WR core went from very little depth at all last year to as good as it can be this year.

Sounds like the WRs will be in good enough hands when Rod leaves.

Thanks for the update! :beer:

Domostick
08-02-2006, 10:11 AM
The early star of camp is wide receiver Brandon Marshall of Central Florida. He already is being projected as the potential No. 3 receiver behind Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie. Sure, similar things were being said about Darius Watts, a raw second-round choice from a couple of years ago who hasn't shown the consistent hands to move forward. With Lelie holding out, Shanahan is using Watts as the third receiver, but don't be surprised if Marshall passes him by the end of the exhibition season.

Behind Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie, yea that will happen.

ECBronco
08-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Behind Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie, yea that will happen.

I'm sure he meant Smith and Walker.

GIVEME6
08-02-2006, 11:36 AM

I'm on board the Mike Bell bandwagon. See my sig....yeah...that's SUHWEET!!
:salute:

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Watching him run, you wonder why it hasn't happened sooner. Bell glides down the field. If he can make the right cut and get past the initial group of tacklers, he can run for touchdowns.

Too bad he can never find the hole to get past the initial group of tacklers...

And this is nothing we didn't know already.

GIVEME6
08-02-2006, 11:46 AM

True. Tatum Bell CAN run with alot of power for his size, but you can tell he HATES contact. We've had RBs with far less talent than him do well in our system. Olandis Gary anyone?

Dream
08-02-2006, 12:13 PM

Tatum Bell had how many big runs last year? He needs to do it on a more consistent basis, but he has that ability. He needs to show more patience, and that'll help his vision. Instead of trying to create things on his own, he should let the line do their job, and then do his. It's his year. Bell-to-Bell baby. Ron Dayne can go back to a cheese farm in Wisconsin. :heh:

Heisman 99'
08-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Tatum Bell had how many big runs last year? He needs to do it on a more consistent basis, but he has that ability. He needs to show more patience, and that'll help his vision. Instead of trying to create things on his own, he should let the line do their job, and then do his. It's his year. Bell-to-Bell baby. Ron Dayne can go back to a cheese farm in Wisconsin. :heh:

i LOVE THE HATE. keep it coming. It's all for the better. BTw, KEEP DREAMING :laugh:

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-02-2006, 12:29 PM

Tatum had 3 50+ runs I believe, he's a monster on toss plays, no doubt... But the boy can't seem to find anything up the middle or off-guard.

I personally think that it's Tatum's job right now... But if he doesn't perform at a high level early, and IF Mike Bell keeps doing what he's doing, you could see Mike Bell start taking more and more carries and eventually getting all the carries by the end of the year. Just my opinion.

Dream
08-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Actually, Bell had his best YPC average last year up the middle, I didn't have the stats for off-guard. (I have left, mid, right) so I'm assuming the rest of the carries were off-guard, since it only makes sense because that category wasn't listed.

Left: 50 for 178 = 3.6 YPC
Middle: 38 for 254 = 6.7 YPC
Right: 49 for 139 = 2.8 YPC

That leaves 36 more runs. . . not listed. 350 yards not listed. . . which equals 9.7 YPC off the guard. He did have some huge ones (New England) in that area, but who knows. Just trying to prove a point. Probably a little less, because that comes out to 5.7 YPC, so it's probably a little less, but still accurate. :beer:

jhns
08-02-2006, 12:42 PM
If you watch his highlight video from last season he ran in the middle or off the edge for most of his highlight runs. His only problem is that he isn't consistent with the runs. Most of his big runs he even breaks a few tackles along the way and then others a guy will tap him on the shoulder and he will fall down.

Heisman 99'
08-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Actually, Bell had his best YPC average last year up the middle, I didn't have the stats for off-guard. (I have left, mid, right) so I'm assuming the rest of the carries were off-guard, since it only makes sense because that category wasn't listed.

That leaves 36 more runs. . . not listed. 350 yards not listed. . . which equals 9.7 YPC off the guard. He did have some huge ones (New England) in that area, but who knows. Just trying to prove a point. Probably a little less, because that comes out to 5.7 YPC, so it's probably a little less, but still accurate. :beer:

he still cant carry the ball more than 12times. So he should have the best average. Whats his avg after the 10-12th carry......maybe he needs to go back to texas, and groom horses.

jhns
08-02-2006, 12:44 PM
he still cant carry the ball more than 12times. So he should have the best average. Whats his avg after the 10-12th carry......maybe he needs to go back to texas, and groom horses.

You have never seen him carry the ball more than 12 times most likely. Why don't you stop talking crap about a proven player just because you want people to like your favorite player. Bell has done a lot more than Dayne.

Dream
08-02-2006, 12:46 PM

Ron Dayne has carried the ball more than 20 times in a game six times in his career. After that, his YPC went down big time. In fact, he has a pathetic YPC average when carrying the ball that much. He too, is not conditioned enough for the #1 role to be a workhorse back. Face the facts. Why don't you and DayneTrayne stop trolling the boards? It's sad. You've added nothing insightful to the site and all you and him do is talk trash about the other backs and how good Dayne supposedly is. It's disgusting, seriously. I just puked on my keyboard because of what you wrote.

Heisman 99'
08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Ron Dayne has carried the ball more than 20 times in a game six times in his career. After that, his YPC went down big time. In fact, he has a pathetic YPC average when carrying the ball that much. He too, is not conditioned enough for the #1 role to be a workhorse back. Face the facts. Why don't you and DayneTrayne stop trolling the boards? It's sad. You've added nothing insightful to the site and all you and him do is talk trash about the other backs and how good Dayne supposedly is. It's disgusting, seriously. I just puked on my keyboard because of what you wrote.

talk bad about a player unless u do what u do. Like "RON DAYNE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE CHEESE FARM IN WISC. Why would u say that about a player who's on a team that u support. most of u guys dont like Dayne b/c he didnt live up to expectations in NY. But the Boncos dont think that he's as bad as all u Dayne haters say and talk about his stats. Obvisouly, SHANNY AND CO DONT CARE ABOUT his Career stats. Tghey clearly see he was in a bad situation in NY, Let alone a offense that didnt suit his skills. Now that he's here and is favoite to win the rb battle, and u guys do is Talk about NY. GIVE ME HIS STATS FROM LAST YEAR< AND WATCH THEM SHOOT THROUGH THE ROOF this year. i cant' wait for him to turn head this year. GIVE THE GUY A DAMN CAHNCE, b4 u go ahead and keep bashing him.

Tatum's been here 3 yrs and havent been #1. Dayne comes in one year, has 5.1 avg his 1st year here, and jumps from 3-1 on the dc. Why do u guys care about what he did in NY, when he's in denver now.

Heisman 99'
08-02-2006, 01:01 PM
You have never seen him carry the ball more than 12 times most likely. Why don't you stop talking crap about a proven player just because you want people to like your favorite player. Bell has done a lot more than Dayne.

stay out of it, i gotta bone to pick with DREAMER over here. And i've seen Tatumcarry the Ball 17times vs baltimore last year, and he was very winded after about the 10th carry. Plus Mike shanahan has stated it over and over, how many times does he have to say it. he sees Taum alot more than anyone on these boards.but reallyWhat has Tatum proved other than that he's gonna need an insurance policy and being a change of pace back.

Dream
08-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I guess you don't understand sarcasm.

Secondly, Tatum has been here two years, entering his third.

Thirdly, I think Ron Dayne is a piece of garbage and always have thought he was garbage and overrated since he came into the NFL. I like the Broncos, but there are a lot of players on this team who I don't think cut the mustard, he happens to be one of them.

Fourthly, what I say about Ron Dayne is irrefutable. It doesn't matter what system you are in, carries are carries and he has proven to be a liability in that department and has not showed he can be a workhorse and carry a majority of the load on a consistent basis. Period. It's done, it's over. I win. Stop making stupid exuses and stop being a Ron Dayne tool. He too, has never proved to be able to carry the load without having stamina problems.

Fifthly, he is not the favorite to win the camp battle. Every report coming out of camp from the people I trust (people who actually do football analysis) have said Ron Dayne has been average at best. Him and Tatum did nothing special the first few days, and it looks like Dayne is still have problems, whereas Tatum Bell has starting getting into the groove. Mike Bell, an undrafted rookie is performing better than any of them.

Last but not least, Ron Dayne is a piece of garbage, and like all trash -- he'll eventually be disposed of. God, I can only hope -- then some other team can pick him up and the Ron Dayne homers can stop trolling this board and go somewhere else. :coffee:

jhns
08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
stay out of it, i gotta bone to pick with DREAMER over here. And i've seen Tatumcarry the Ball 17times vs baltimore last year, and he was very winded after about the 10th carry. Plus Mike shanahan has stated it over and over, how many times does he have to say it. he sees Taum alot more than anyone on these boards.but reallyWhat has Tatum proved other than that he's gonna need an insurance policy and being a change of pace back.

So the coaches in NY said Dayne just plain sucks. They obviously didn't like him to much. What does Bell need an insurance policy for? Where is that proven? He is the best change of pace back in the league and he racked up near 1000 yards last season doing it. I would say that is proving what you've got. Also, every back in the league has their YPC drop a lot the more they run it. I don't care who you have a bone to pick with you still don't need to start saying false stuff about Bell. LJ only was proven as a backup/change of pace back untill mid season last year. As long as they prove that they can handle running in the NFL it is better than what Dayne has proven which so far has only been to be a bust. Honestly I don't care which one starts next season though and I don't have a prediction since I haven't seen them run yet in camps and noone has seen them in live game action. As long as which ever one has the ball does a good job I could care less though.

Heisman 99'
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
I guess you don't understand sarcasm.

Secondly, Tatum has been here two years, entering his third.
2-3yrs whatever. I dont recall any back that has come here take 3 yrs to blossom.

Thirdly, I think Ron Dayne is a piece of garbage and always have thought he was garbage and overrated since he came into the NFL. I like the Broncos, but there are a lot of players on this team who I don't think cut the mustard, he happens to be one of them.

Thats ur opinion. MIKE SHANAHAN, THE FO, AND BOBBY TURNER, seem to think differently. SO imma go with them Being that they see the guys way more than you.

Fourthly, what I say about Ron Dayne is irrefutable. It doesn't matter what system you are in, carries are carries and he has proven to be a liability in that department and has not showed he can be a workhorse and carry a majority of the load on a consistent basis. Period. It's done, it's over. I win. Stop making stupid exuses and stop being a Ron Dayne tool. He too, has never proved to be able to carry the load without having stamina problems.

Its clear to see u havent watched his career w/ the NYG. When he was the featured back for 3 games, due to BARBER being out to injury his stats were 58car.337yyrds.3td's. with a 5.3avg. Can u show me a game when Tatum was ever the featuerd back. Dayne can carry the load it just remains to be seen and u got a whole 5-6 months to watch him. No running back is gonna put up stellar numbers being given the ball 2times every 5 series. Caries are carries, Dayne is the type of back that needs 25-30 carries a game. He did it in college and that's what Shanny and co. see. B/c they do the exact samething here. They could careless about his days in NY, and that why he's still here in DEnver favorite to win the #1 spot

Fifthly, he is not the favorite to win the camp battle. Every report coming out of camp from the people I trust (people who actually do football analysis) have said Ron Dayne has been average at best. Him and Tatum did nothing special the first few days, and it looks like Dayne is still have problems, whereas Tatum Bell has starting getting into the groove. Mike Bell, an undrafted rookie is performing better than any of them

i dont care what ur people know, He's still the 1st rb to break the huddle when the team comes out. And Shanny hasnt made any other statement about anyone moving up or down the DC. Far as i know MBELL Is still under Cobbs....Most of the time ur stories are talking mostly about the rookies and young guys. Where are the reports on the VETS. They wont know nothing untill Preseason games, like COACH HAS STATED, so i dont care if he looks less than average. Its camp. Show me a rb that hasnt come in here an impressed the coaches. Last year, Dayne got all the hype in TC.

Last but not least, Ron Dayne is a piece of garbage, and like all trash -- he'll eventually be disposed of. God, I can only hope -- then some other team can pick him up and the Ron Dayne homers can stop trolling this board and go somewhere else. :coffee:

Well it looks like we'll be here for 3 yrs. Whatever man its messed up how u can talk about a possible starting rb on this team. Let alone a guy trying to resurect his career. Ur pitiful. DREAM ON :laugh:

Dream
08-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow. Meet my ignore list. I just got dumber after reading that post.

Heisman 99'
08-02-2006, 01:46 PM
So the coaches in NY said Dayne just plain sucks. They obviously didn't like him to much. What does Bell need an insurance policy for? Where is that proven? He is the best change of pace back in the league and he racked up near 1000 yards last season doing it. I would say that is proving what you've got. Also, every back in the league has their YPC drop a lot the more they run it. I don't care who you have a bone to pick with you still don't need to start saying false stuff about Bell. LJ only was proven as a backup/change of pace back untill mid season last year. As long as they prove that they can handle running in the NFL it is better than what Dayne has proven which so far has only been to be a bust. Honestly I don't care which one starts next season though and I don't have a prediction since I haven't seen them run yet in camps and noone has seen them in live game action. As long as which ever one has the ball does a good job I could care less though.

i havent said anything False about BELL. i'm quoting what the coaches say about him. I like TBELL, and i dont bash any player on this team. But when u say Dayne's a bust, its not true. He may have not been what the NYG wanted, and thats there loss, b/c the way they used him is not the kind of back he is. My thing is if he's so bad, why is he still here. He had his best year last year, and due to the fact Denver runs the same scheme as Wisconsin, everybody wants to say he's gonna be a busts or bash him. Dayne did an excellent job for the 3 GAMES HE WAS THE FEATURED BACK, but once Tiki got healthy it was back to 2 carries every 5 series. What back can put up big numbers with that kind of playing time. and please dont compare Tbell to LJ, there not the same in anyway, change or pace or not. Tatum is what he is. And i expect him to have the same role as last year.

jhns
08-02-2006, 01:52 PM
i havent said anything False about BELL. i'm quoting what the coaches say about him. I like TBELL, and i dont bash any player on this team. But when u say Dayne's a bust, its not true. He may have not been what the NYG wanted, and thats there loss, b/c the way they used him is not the kind of back he is. My thing is if he's so bad, why is he still here. He had his best year last year, and due to the fact Denver runs the same scheme as Wisconsin, everybody wants to say he's gonna be a busts or bash him. Dayne did an excellent job for the 3 GAMES HE WAS THE FEATURED BACK, but once Tiki got healthy it was back to 2 carries every 5 series. What back can put up big numbers with that kind of playing time. and please dont compare Tbell to LJ, there not the same in anyway, change or pace or not. Tatum is what he is. And i expect him to have the same role as last year.

You said Bell needs an insurance policy and the coaches have never said that. The only people that have said he is injury prone or anything of the sort are people on this site. I do not even know where they get it from because it is simply not true at all. I also do not have anything against Dayne. The only thing I say about him is he hasn't produced yet and is unproven. He may be a 2000 yard back just waiting to be released but I cannot comment on that right now because he hasn't had consistent carries in this offense yet. The coaches have only said that Bell gets tired after 10-15 carries and that can change a lot since from what I understand he has bulked up and been working on his endurance just for that reason. It is the only thing that has been keeping him from being the featured back, according to the coaches.

Freestyle
08-02-2006, 02:49 PM
For the past couple of years, he has worked with a former Florida State teammate on a device called Great Catch. He has been showing it at high school clinics and getting sales. The product is patented. Great Catch is basically a hand strap with a small, tennis ball-like apparatus that fits in the palm. It comes in three sizes -- small, medium and large. The idea is that if the ball hits the tennis ball in the palm of the hand, it's going to bounce out of the hands. This device forces a receiver to catch more with his fingertips. The more he catches with the fingertips, the stronger they become. Soon, Walker plans to show his new product to NFL teams.
I hope Javon hordes this Great Catch invention to himself and the Broncos receivers. :D

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Can u show me a game when Tatum was ever the featuerd back.

Week 14, 2004... 17 carries, 123 yards, 2 TDs...

Granted, he seperated his shoulder in the third quarter, but that game put him on the map

MileHighMagic07
08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
gotta wait for pre-season games to decide this.... it's what you do in GAMETIME
not training camp...

:coffee:

tnedator
08-02-2006, 07:23 PM

I think the reason that people 'think' he can't run up the middle is because where there was no hole, he often just tucked in behind a lineman and then went down when the linement went down, rather than slide to the side, even if it was only for a yard or so.

There plays where he sort of ran into the back of his blocker and collapsed probably stick in people's mind, but he broke some big runs and medium runs up the middle. If I remember correctly at least a couple of his 4 10+ yard runs in KC were up the middle or off guard, not racing to the corner.

I think this year I am going to burn a DVD of each game so I can go back when I want to check something out.

tnedator
08-02-2006, 07:27 PM

Here's a quote for you from SoCal's report today:

RUNNING BACKS
This group was solid today. Even Dayne had his moments.

It appears only Cobbs and Bobby Humphrey are having worse camps then Dayne.

Report from Mane here (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1206794&postcount=19)

tnedator
08-02-2006, 07:30 PM
talk bad about a player unless u do what u do. Like "RON DAYNE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE CHEESE FARM IN WISC. Why would u say that about a player who's on a team that u support. most of u guys dont like Dayne b/c he didnt live up to expectations in NY. But the Boncos dont think that he's as bad as all u Dayne haters say and talk about his stats. Obvisouly, SHANNY AND CO DONT CARE ABOUT his Career stats. Tghey clearly see he was in a bad situation in NY, Let alone a offense that didnt suit his skills. Now that he's here and is favoite to win the rb battle, and u guys do is Talk about NY. GIVE ME HIS STATS FROM LAST YEAR< AND WATCH THEM SHOOT THROUGH THE ROOF this year. i cant' wait for him to turn head this year. GIVE THE GUY A DAMN CAHNCE, b4 u go ahead and keep bashing him.

Tatum's been here 3 yrs and havent been #1. Dayne comes in one year, has 5.1 avg his 1st year here, and jumps from 3-1 on the dc. Why do u guys care about what he did in NY, when he's in denver now.

Actually, we don't like Dayne because guys like you and DT are trash talkers and at times rude.

It is very hard to seperate a player from his fans. Right now, you guys are just a little too over the top.

TXBRONC
08-02-2006, 07:40 PM
I think the reason that people 'think' he can't run up the middle is because where there was no hole, he often just tucked in behind a lineman and then went down when the linement went down, rather than slide to the side, even if it was only for a yard or so.

There plays where he sort of ran into the back of his blocker and collapsed probably stick in people's mind, but he broke some big runs and medium runs up the middle. If I remember correctly at least a couple of his 4 10+ yard runs in KC were up the middle or off guard, not racing to the corner.

I think this year I am going to burn a DVD of each game so I can go back when I want to check something out.

Yep its not that T. Bell can't run inside, he has done that. His problem has been inconsistancy.

tnedator
08-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Yep its not that T. Bell can't run inside, he has done that. His problem has been inconsistancy.

Yep. He needs to figure out how to always get back to the line of scrimmage, and then get more where possible. Going down behind the line, without massive penetration, just doesn't cut it.

watchthemiddle
08-02-2006, 07:46 PM

The MAJOR place Bell has been in consistent is in practice. He has already had a few fumbles in practice including at the goal line.

Heard Shanahan talking this moring in an interview and he said he has no idea if Bell can be a 25+ carry a game back. His main emphasis is in practice. And as we have seen in the past, those who show up in practice, play.

I really think that thats why we have Dayne, Bell, Bell, and CObbs. Shanahan is not sold on T. Bell. I really think its going to be like last season. We could have 2 guys with close to 1000 yards if not over.

Look for Shanahan to draft a top RB in the 2007 draft. Mark my words of August 2nd, 2006.

:D

TXBRONC
08-03-2006, 06:08 AM
The MAJOR place Bell has been in consistent is in practice. He has already had a few fumbles in practice including at the goal line.

Heard Shanahan talking this moring in an interview and he said he has no idea if Bell can be a 25+ carry a game back. His main emphasis is in practice. And as we have seen in the past, those who show up in practice, play.

I really think that thats why we have Dayne, Bell, Bell, and CObbs. Shanahan is not sold on T. Bell. I really think its going to be like last season. We could have 2 guys with close to 1000 yards if not over.

Look for Shanahan to draft a top RB in the 2007 draft. Mark my words of August 2nd, 2006.

:D

This past season that was true. But I was sure I heard he has been doing a better job this year in TC.

I tell you what from what we're hearing about M. Bell if he can keep up the good work in camp and then translate that onto the playing field we wont have to draft a top rb. If you're right great but if we can find a stud buffalo in this years crop that would be great as well. :salute:

Skywalker
08-03-2006, 10:49 AM

how about Mike Bell AND Tatum Bell? :D

The Hamburgler
08-03-2006, 11:53 AM
how about Mike Bell AND Tatum Bell? :D
Alright.......

MIKE AND TATUM BELL MIKE AND TATUM BELL MIKE AND TATUM BELL.

But good for everyone else. :D