• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangenblue420
    koyaanisqatsi
    • Jul 2003

Best Stand Up Performer

Who had the best stand up comedy performance?
    Eddie Murphy
    14.29%
    George Carlin
    42.86%
    Andrew Dice Clay
    14.29%
    Chris Rock
    14.29%
    Richard Pryor
    0.00%
    Gallagher
    0.00%
    Jeff Foxworthy
    0.00%
    Someone I forgot
    14.29%
  • Hoolah
    Practice Squad
    • Sep 2003

Ok voted for Chris Rock (cuz voted for Pryor before).

Though of course I'm a pain in the butt, and I'm gonna say someone you forgot...Bill Hicks.
    I love Clinton, and I don't mean Bill.

Comment

• orangenblue420
      koyaanisqatsi
      • Jul 2003

I have never laughed so hard in my life as when I saw Eddie Murphy Delerious, OMG, it was the funniest **** ever (I was like 13, but still)

Evertime I see D!ck Verfemale cry, I think of
      "Tito, get me a tissue"

LMAO

Or another great line from that show....

"Now thats a fire!!!!!"

Yeah, Hooloah, there were a couple of others I was thinking about earlier that I forgot by the time I typed the poll......damn that hereditarial short term memory problem

Comment

• Jared
        Retired Mod
        • Aug 2003

I think George Carlin, even when drugged out, was the most intelligent stand up guy I have heard. Murphy was shocking in his day, but that album sounds dated and has no depth.

Where are Bill Cosby, Sam Kinison, and Lenny Bruce?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

• dhall26
          Practice Squad
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Jared
          I think George Carlin, even when drugged out, was the most intelligent stand up guy I have heard. Murphy was shocking in his day, but that album sounds dated and has no depth.

Where are Bill Cosby, Sam Kinison, and Lenny Bruce?
          Kinison was overrated, Cosby is the funniest clean performer there is, Lenny was outrageous. My question is where are

Rodney Dangerfield (Now, he was hilarious, and founded Kinison)

Bob Saget (would never dream how freaking gross he is)

and Bernie Mac (man, he's funny)

But I'll settle for Carlin, even though he seems to rant and rave more than just tell jokes!
          [QUOTE]
          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

• Jared
            Retired Mod
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by dhall26
            Kinison was overrated, Cosby is the funniest clean performer there is, Lenny was outrageous. My question is where are

Rodney Dangerfield (Now, he was hilarious, and founded Kinison)

Bob Saget (would never dream how freaking gross he is)

and Bernie Mac (man, he's funny)

But I'll settle for Carlin, even though he seems to rant and rave more than just tell jokes!
            Bill Cosby has the best sense of timing. He is really more like a storyteller. But he is funny.

Carlin is tangental. But you can tell he is is very observant about our society and it foibles.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

• dhall26
              Practice Squad
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Jared
              Bill Cosby has the best sense of timing. He is really more like a storyteller. But he is funny.

Carlin is tangental. But you can tell he is is very observant about our society and it foibles.
              I like Carlin, I just think he has a lot of resentments that are better left to his psychologist. He doesn't always seem to make them funny, more like he is just venting at all the things he's pissed at. Like an old man who's mad at the world!
              [QUOTE]
              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

• broncosbeast
                Practice Squad
                • Aug 2003

Carlin for my dirtier side and Cosby for my cleaner side.
                Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Working...
                X