• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • champbronc2
    R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
    • Sep 2005

Gerard Warren injured *Out for 2-4 weeks*

Dove Valley Dispatches

The Broncos will do without defensive tackle Gerard Warren for the next two to four weeks after he disclocated a toe during goal-line, full-contact drills at Saturday morning's practice.

But to hear the pain in Warren's voice as he angrily cursed after suffering the injury, one would have thought the injury was much more severe than that.

"A dislocation is obviously bad, but if he fractured it, he'd be out for the season," Head Coach Mike Shanahan said.

Caution will be the watchword, just as it is for Rod Smith, who missed practice again Saturday morning while recovering from a hamstring injury.

"On something like (a toe dislocation), you want to make sure it's healed before you start working or it's going to linger throughout the season," Shanahan said.

*** Posted at 11:43 a.m. MDT ***
    ----------------------------------------
    Thanks goodness it wasn't too bad. He should be go for the season opener though.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247
  • VADER72
    Special Teams
    • Dec 2005

All I can say is.... thank god it's preseason and and we have weeks to go for him to heal.

Comment

• rockrules40
      Bench Warmer
      • Jan 2005

Get Brenson Buckner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• kmartin575
        Bench Warmer
        • Apr 2005

For those of you who said the Broncos should carry only 3 DT's on the roster, now you know why you need depth at defensive tackle. I would not be surprised to see the Broncos sign somebody like Brenston Buckner, Dan Wilkinson, or Grady Jackson.
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• CB Bronco Fan
          Nuff Said
          • May 2006

Originally posted by kmartin575
          For those of you who said the Broncos should carry only 3 DT's on the roster, now you know why you need depth at defensive tackle. I would not be surprised to see the Broncos sign somebody like Brenston Buckner, Dan Wilkinson, or Grady Jackson.
          I wouldnt mind getting Buckner
          sigpic

Comment

• broncos_mtnman
            Are you not entertained?
            • Oct 2003

Brown has been held out of a few practices too with minor injuries.

I hope it's just a preseason thing, but this is the rep these Brownco guys had in Cleveland.

Especially Mr. "Big Money."

His new contract better not come back and bite us in the butt.

sigpic

Comment

• Dean
              RIP Darrent & Damien
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

I hope it's just a preseason thing, but this is the rep these Brownco guys had in Cleveland.

From what I read, the dislocation had to be reduced right on the sideline. It was real and if not rested can be a very (year ending) serious injury. Unless there is some other injury later in the season, he should return at full strength. Maybe in less than prime shape but fully able to play.

Courtney on the other hand had a sore knee. It will take an MRI to tell if it is serious or not. . . and yes, he did miss major time when playing (for lack of a better word) for the Browns.

I would hope that this focuses Shanahan's attention on the need for quantity and quality at D-tackle.

Comment

• watchthemiddle
                Banned User
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dean
                From what I read, the dislocation had to be reduced right on the sideline. It was real and if not rested can be a very (year ending) serious injury. Unless there is some other injury later in the season, he should return at full strength. Maybe in less than prime shape but fully able to play.

Courtney on the other hand had a sore knee. It will take an MRI to tell if it is serious or not. . . and yes, he did miss major time when playing (for lack of a better word) for the Browns.

I would hope that this focuses Shanahan's attention on the need for quantity and quality at D-tackle.

It won't. Brown was hurt last pre-season, and has been his entire career. Warren better come back 100% because there is a drop off in talent if not.

It seems like we have plenty of defensive ends, but thats it.

Comment

• stnzed
                  Banned User
                  • Oct 2005

You need help at DT

Dan Wilkinson. Said it a month ago! But knowing Shanahan, he'll sign some bum from NFL europe. And then tell us all how great he is. And then a lot of us will believe him. [sacasm] But at least Shanahan moved Dumerville to DT. So....They got that going for 'em!
                  Last edited by stnzed; 08-05-2006, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• champbronc2
                    R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
                    • Sep 2005

I like the idea of Buckner if it MUST come to that but I doubt we'll need to sign anyone.
                    MMA News
                    MMA News 247

Comment

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
                      Banned User
                      • Apr 2004

Forget it fellas, Shanahan does not even know the DT position exists.

Comment

• DiehardinAlaska
                        Special Teams
                        • May 2005

what does that mean?

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

"this" rep. what exactly is this rep - and can "this" rep be attached to "these" Browncos? I think we have Ekuban, Myers, Warren, Brown, Lang, Gordon, and Jackson that were all Browns that Patterson has brought over. Does this rep have to do with Courtney's unfortunate string of injuries? Did the other six all have the same freak set of circumstances? I expect these off-handed broad generalizations from rookie posters but...
                        "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

• keithbishop
                          Ring of Famer
                          • Feb 2006

Just for the heck of it.....

I think it's safe to call them BRONCOS this year.

I would love to see a DT added and wish a speedy recovery to Warren.
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Working...
                          X