PDA

View Full Version : Bigger pic sizes

orangenblue420
01-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey is there any way you gys can adjust the size of the pictures we can upload. I wouldnt mind adjusting the avatar size a bit either, but the uploaded ones are pretty limited in size. Most of the time you cant make out the picture cause you have to shrink it so small in order for this board to accept it?

Maybe? Possibly? Never, go away you pain in the ass....LOL.....

Return of Lava
01-16-2004, 12:31 PM
i want to make my avatar bigger, i had a good idea but nobody would be able to read it.

dandaman23
01-18-2004, 12:47 AM
I have an Avatar question too. Is there any way to get a picture to a .jpg? I keep on dowloading pictures that are jpgs but when I download them they turn into bim or bip or something like that. How do I change that if I can?

orangenblue420
01-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by dandaman23
I have an Avatar question too. Is there any way to get a picture to a .jpg? I keep on dowloading pictures that are jpgs but when I download them they turn into bim or bip or something like that. How do I change that if I can?

It depends on the type of "picture" program you have. They are changing into .bmp images (bitmap). You should be able to open the picture then "save as" and under where you type the name of the file there should be the box that contains the "type" of file, use the dropdown menu and there should be the option of savng as .jpeg, .gif, etc. But like I said I think it depends on the type of picture program you are using.

orangenblue420
02-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
Hey is there any way you gys can adjust the size of the pictures we can upload. I wouldnt mind adjusting the avatar size a bit either, but the uploaded ones are pretty limited in size. Most of the time you cant make out the picture cause you have to shrink it so small in order for this board to accept it?

Maybe? Possibly? Never, go away you pain in the ass....LOL.....

Should I take the lack of response by the admin as "go away you pain in the ass?" LOL

Crazie
02-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
Should I take the lack of response by the admin as "go away you pain in the ass?" LOL

That would be my guess. Although I do think you should at least get the respect to be delivered with the answer no.

Jared
02-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Well, this is the first I have seen this question.

I will pass it on to admin.

broncos_mgr
02-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Sorry, folks. Lack of response was not intentional.

We picked an avatar size that seemed to be a good combination of being big enough to let people have fun with their images while small enough to load quickly and not take up too much server space. I don't think we're going to allow bigger images anytime soon. :)

Thanks for asking!

Crazie
02-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by broncos_mgr
Sorry, folks. Lack of response was not intentional.

We picked an avatar size that seemed to be a good combination of being big enough to let people have fun with their images while small enough to load quickly and not take up too much server space. I don't think we're going to allow bigger images anytime soon. :)

Thanks for asking!

And thank you for the response. :cool: