PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue to tour in 04'!!!

WoodlandPkPunk
01-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Cannot wait!! Vince, Tommy, Nikki, and Mick together again. Saw em' open for OZZY at Big Mac in 1983. Fan ever since!!

Hoolah
01-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Tommy really? Thought him and Vince didn't get along!
!

GoDenver
01-21-2004, 02:04 PM
ya thats kind of hard to believe, Tommy touring with motley crue. if its true though, regardless of how old they are now and they may not be near as good anymore, that might be a pretty cool show.

Hoolah
01-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by GoDenver
ya thats kind of hard to believe, Tommy touring with motley crue. if its true though, regardless of how old they are now and they may not be near as good anymore, that might be a pretty cool show. I hate to sound cynical but could be a money thing...

Jared
01-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Hoolah
I hate to sound cynical but could be a money thing...

Could be? Of course it is. Come on, that is what was great about thsoe bands that the critics never seemed to understand. They never claimed to be artists or have a message, they wanted to be rich and famous, and get lots of girls. Vapid, yeah, but it is not like they weren't honest about it........

It is DEFINITELY a money thing, and I think that is great. I like money.....don't you?

Plus, I never got to see them, so now I have a chance....

Hoolah
01-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Jared
Could be? Of course it is. Come on, that is what was great about thsoe bands that the critics never seemed to understand. They never claimed to be artists or have a message, they wanted to be rich and famous, and get lots of girls. Vapid, yeah, but it is not like they weren't honest about it........

It is DEFINITELY a money thing, and I think that is great. I like money.....don't you?

Plus, I never got to see them, so now I have a chance.... Easy there! I would like money I'm sure, perhaps if I could just get some I'd find out!;)

And hey! I wasn't dissing "The Crue" man! I never could get enough of filthy skinny blokes wearing more make up than me...I could be fibbing now.

Jared
01-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Easy there! I would like money I'm sure, perhaps if I could just get some I'd find out!;)

And hey! I wasn't dissing "The Crue" man! I never could get enough of filthy skinny blokes wearing more make up than me...I could be fibbing now.
Sorry. That wasn't meant to sound defensive. I regressed to a skinny 15 year old who used to be made fun of for listening to Gay L.A. Metal (glam). Sore spot.

I think you are not fibbing, Hoolah. I think you really want to let your inner groupie come out. ;)

Broncofan-13
01-21-2004, 04:59 PM
motley crue, who are they? :D

JayhawkBronco
01-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Should be awesome!! And I believe Tracii Guns has implied that Brides of Destruction and LA Guns may be the openers for the Crue tour.

Tracii Guns and Nikki Sixx have a band called Brides of Destruction that rocks!!! So Tracii could do LA Guns and Brides on the same night and Nikki could do Motley and Brides.

Motley is back, Judas Priest is back....it's gonna be a great summer!!:D

Jared
01-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by JayhawkBronco

Motley is back, Judas Priest is back....it's gonna be a great summer!!:D

Judas Priest went away? I know Halford left, but I thought they still recorded and toured without him?

"You're my turbo lover............."

JayhawkBronco
01-21-2004, 05:31 PM
True Jared, Judas Priest never went away....I liked Ripper Owens but with the Metal God back screaming with Tipton and Downing...it doesn't get much better than that

Rock on!

Elway
01-21-2004, 05:33 PM

If I ever get ahold of some I'll let you know. ;)

I saw Crue back in the 80's , Whitesnake opened up for them, and about half the crowd was just there for them. Lot of big hair, bright lipstick, and tight leather.... and then there were the girls too. :eek:

Hoolah
01-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Sorry. That wasn't meant to sound defensive. I regressed to a skinny 15 year old who used to be made fun of for listening to Gay L.A. Metal (glam). Sore spot.

I think you are not fibbing, Hoolah. I think you really want to let your inner groupie come out. ;) It is possible that you are right. You may not be alone in the "15 year old into dodgy LA Glam metal scene", except try to imagine how much more ridiculous that is when you are 15 in rural England! I might be hiding a secret Enuff Znuff tape or two...now that is something you have to keep quiet!

ozzy_osbourne
01-22-2004, 05:10 PM
here's an idea for a promoter, put together a tour consiting of nothing but 80's hair bands and Crue could headline...

Hoolah
01-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
here's an idea for a promoter, put together a tour consiting of nothing but 80's hair bands and Crue could headline... It is dangerous to imagine all of those now aging something somethings in their original stone washed denim and tassel jackets....:goofy:

Me for example. Do you really want to unleash that????

ozzy_osbourne
01-22-2004, 05:17 PM
It is dangerous to imagine all of those now aging something somethings in their original stone washed denim and tassel jackets....:goofy:

Me for example. Do you really want to unleash that????

I would be first in line for tixs...

Hoolah
01-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
I would be first in line for tixs... You are a brave man!

I suppose bottle of something cheeky might put me in the mood.

ozzy_osbourne
01-22-2004, 05:29 PM
more then happy to share the bottle, my friend, the prince gave to me...

Hoolah
01-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Pass it to me I'm feeling strangely Gothic...mwwmwhahahahahaaaaaa!

Hoolah
01-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Although, maybe tomorrow as my ride has come...and I must away!

JayhawkBronco
01-22-2004, 06:24 PM
here's an idea for a promoter, put together a tour consiting of nothing but 80's hair bands and Crue could headline...

Actually these tours have been going on for several years now. The Poison tour probably being the most popular. They have been out with Cinderella, Ratt, Dokken, LA Guns, Warrant, Vince Neil, Faster P@ssycat, etc....Poison, Vince Neil and Skid row played to 15,000 plus at Fiddlers Green this August.

Other smaller tours have been headlined by Warrant, Ratt and Dokken, LA Guns, Faster Cat with opening acts like Bulletboys, Firehouse, Y&T and Black & Blue.

I think it's great these bands still tour....a lot of them have put out some great new music in the last few years. Of course, it will never get on MTV or the radio because they will always have that "hair band" label.

Of course, if they added a dj, put in some dance moves and put the word "the" in front of their names they could probably get some airplay.

There's a lot of talented musicians in these bands...Most of them have killer gee tar players.....Plus it's nice to hear songs about girls, parties and good times. People give these bands a hard time but at least they are fun.
:D

Elway
01-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Slaughter & winger came by about a year ago.... I don't know it's kind of like seeing your highschool sweetheart, but now she is three kids, 50 lbs heavier, gray haired and has a drinking problem in deep.

Jared
01-23-2004, 10:48 AM
I might be hiding a secret Enuff Znuff tape or two...now that is something you have to keep quiet!

OMG, yes.....I mean, cassettes are soooo passe....

lol

That band was misunderstood. I think they really wanted to sound like Badfinger or Teenage Fanclub, but that wasn't exactly "in" at the time. I heard some of the more melodic King's X stuff in there too. Needless to say, not a recipie for success with a pretty confomity driven L.A. scene at the time.