PDA

View Full Version : Degree and Profession

rascal
01-21-2004, 02:59 PM
I'm just curious as to what degrees people have and what their profession is to know people a little better. If you think I am trying to up myself against others you are wrong, just curious. I also realize that we have members here who are in highschool so just put down what you want to go into once you graduate.

I have a bachelors and masters in engineering.

Jared
01-21-2004, 04:26 PM
BA in Broadcast Telecommunications with a double minor in Theater Performance and Philosophy. I need one more class for an English minor.

I was taking courses last semester at a local school for networking, and basic IT stuff, but the effort on my part wasn't there, and time was an issue.

pikman
01-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Instrumentation Technologist.

Jared
01-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by pikman
Instrumentation Technologist.

????????????????

Road crew?

or musician?

Broncofan-13
01-21-2004, 05:08 PM
I got a BA in slacking off, and a masters in procrastination. Im a student, and even when I graduate, I still have to get up early in the morning. WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRUEL?!?!

Jared
01-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
I got a BA in slacking off, and a masters in procrastination. Im a student, and even when I graduate, I still have to get up early in the morning. WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRUEL?!?!

HAHAHAHA Clever.

Get a job in radio, and then you'll be an insomnia,c so it won't matter WHEN you get up.

Broncofan-13
01-21-2004, 05:25 PM
yea man, it is clever. see all that stuff? completely original. Radio? I dunno, Id prefer and all night resteraunt or an alligator farm, at least in the resteraunt id be able to eat, and the gator farm, well.... I wouldnt have many enemies :D

pikman
01-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Jared
????????????????

Road crew?

or musician?

I hope you're kidding.

If not let me explain. I deal with process control, more specifically Building Automation. More, more specifically automation of the environmental systems in hospitals.

rascal
01-22-2004, 08:14 AM
I hope you're kidding.

If not let me explain. I deal with process control, more specifically Building Automation. More, more specifically automation of the environmental systems in hospitals.

I knew what you meant being an engineer, but you have to forgive Jared. He works at a radio station so everything revolves around music. Crazy DJ's.

pikman
01-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by rascal
I knew what you meant being an engineer, but you have to forgive Jared. He works at a radio station so everything revolves around music. Crazy DJ's.

I can't get the image of Dr. Johnny Fever out of my head whenever I read his posts. Maybe that should be his avatar. :D

pikman
01-22-2004, 08:29 AM

I have a bachelors and masters in engineering.

What's your discipline?

AsianOrange
01-22-2004, 09:12 AM
I'm working on my CIS-World Wide Web Degree....

I used to be a web designer but the company I worked for got bought out closed down. Now I'm not a graphic artist at the local newspaper.

I like it here but it's one of those places that you love what you do but hate the politics around it.

Ok..now I'm whining....

rascal
01-22-2004, 11:41 AM
What's your discipline?

mechanical, you?

pikman
01-22-2004, 12:07 PM
mechanical, you?

I've got my diploma in Industrial Instrumentation, as well I am a Journeyman Instrument mechanic. Now I deal mostly with the control of mechanical systems. I work for a commissioning agency, head of building automation. Very cool stuff.

rascal
01-23-2004, 07:54 AM
I've got my diploma in Industrial Instrumentation, as well I am a Journeyman Instrument mechanic. Now I deal mostly with the control of mechanical systems. I work for a commissioning agency, head of building automation. Very cool stuff.

sounds like a cool job. I work on the B-2.

pikman
01-23-2004, 07:56 AM
sounds like a cool job. I work on the B-2.

The Bomber?

rascal
01-23-2004, 08:07 AM
The Bomber?

Yeah. It's pretty cool. One of the perks working for the military.

I could tell you what I did, but since they just established new security measures, I would have to kill you :)

pikman
01-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Yeah. It's pretty cool. One of the perks working for the military.

I could tell you what I did, but since they just established new security measures, I would have to kill you :)

All right now I'm seriously jealous. Man working with the best planes in the military has got to be one awesome job. I was in Florida a few years ago and had a day off say I went out to Kennedy, on the way I saw that there is a Blackbird museum or something. Still kicking myself over not stopping there

BTW please I don't want to die. :D

rascal
01-23-2004, 08:16 AM
All right now I'm seriously jealous. Man working with the best planes in the military has got to be one awesome job. I was in Florida a few years ago and had a day off say I went out to Kennedy, on the way I saw that there is a Blackbird museum or something. Still kicking myself over not stopping there

BTW please I don't want to die. :D

The blackbird is awesome. On one of my business trips to Hill AFB in Utah I stopped by their airforce museum and they had one of the best aircraft museums that I have seen. Its not on scale with the smithsonian but it was very well done. They have the blackbird and about 100 other aircraft dating from different time periods. If you ever go to Salt Lake City, take the 30 minute drive to Hill AFB and take a look at their museum. It's free by the way.

BlueDamsel
01-23-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm about 1 semester away (if I'd ever *go* to school) from an associates in Computer Science, with an emphasis on computer programming. Once I finish that, eventually I'll go back to a 4-year & get my degree in Foreign language. (I speak French, German & a tad bit of Russian)...From there it would be off to law school to get a degree in International Law.

In the meantime, I work my butt off at 3 jobs. The first job I'm a receptionist/assistant office manager at a medium-sized real estate office. Basically I do all the grunt work and am the only one that knows much about computers there.

The second job is also in the Real Estate industry, but a little less grunt work. I'm a personal assistant to a couple of realtors.

The third job is more my "fun" job, that I don't take very seriously. I am an independant consultant for a company called Beauticontrol. It's a great company & we sell spa, skin care & cosmetic products. I have a website, if anyone wants to check it out, PM me! :P hehe

Other than that, I have a few other little things I do, but those are my 3 main jobs.

dandaman23
01-23-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm in high school, got a 4.0 and I would like to go to college in Washington. Mainly the U. of Washington but Wash. St. wouldnt be to bad or Western Washington. I have no clue what kind of degree it takes to be a physical therapist for an NFL football team, that would be an awesome job.

Jared
01-24-2004, 08:55 AM
I hope you're kidding.

yes, I was joking.....its hard to imagine my tone with the written word.