PDA

View Full Version : Offical Game Day Thread: Preseason Game 4: Broncos vs. Cardinals

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shanahanaramjam
08-31-2006, 06:30 AM
I can't wait to see who emerges tonight.

dbf07
08-31-2006, 06:38 AM
I would like to see a lot of Cutler, Mike Bell and Cobbs. I like the two running backs scenario and would like to see what MBell and Cobbs are capable of.

Medford Bronco
08-31-2006, 06:40 AM
This is just a gut feeling but I think that Tatum Bell is going to capture the starting rb position tonight. I also think that Kirkus will be the #3 until Marshall returns.

Just some humble observations.

I will probably be wrong, but will support any move that Shanny makes :salute:

Emancipator
08-31-2006, 06:41 AM
I hope I'll get to watch the game.

It was someone's big idea to have a live draft on the night the Broncos are playing.

I won't call out Asian Orange...........especially since I like him. :thumb:
;)

Dream
08-31-2006, 07:11 AM
It's a gametime decision whether or not Brandon will play. . . hopefully he does. I want to see what he can do. :beer:

BroncFanIN
08-31-2006, 07:14 AM
I hope I'll get to watch the game.

It was someone's big idea to have a live draft on the night the Broncos are playing.

I won't call out Asian Orange...........especially since I like him. :thumb:
;)
Hi E!
Ready for the draft! Gonna :hammer: ya all! :laugh:

I'll be multi-tasking tonight...listening to the game, drafting a FF team, watching "Around the League" on NFL channel and listening to KOA.

I'm a busy bee!

Oh! And we find out what Bean is today! :beer:

dbf07
08-31-2006, 07:21 AM
I also think that Kirkus will be the #3 until Marshall returns.

I know Kirkus has almost matched his total yards from his time with detroit (121 yards on 6 catches). Which means he did not see much playing time.
I know he had a great college career so he has potential but how has he looked for the Broncos?
The only thing I have really seen was the clip of Shanahan talking to him about his poor route running.

BroncoStampede
08-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Woo hoo 2am ET re-air time slot on NFL NET. :ugh:

Bronco T
08-31-2006, 07:49 AM
I know it could be any of them, but who do you think will step it up and win the job tonight???

Bronco T
08-31-2006, 07:52 AM
i say t.bell because he knows this is it for him. but then again cobbs has been running really well :confused:

jhns
08-31-2006, 07:54 AM
I say Bell does! Likely they will all look a bit better tonight since Mike and Tatum won't be running against starters this game. I like both of them and don't care which one gets the start at the beginning of the season though. Most likely it will be the 2 Bells all season running the ball so really who gets the #1 spot isn't that big of a concern.

DawgFanatic
08-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Woo hoo 2am ET re-air time slot on NFL NET. :ugh:
ya, my bro is going to the game, hes a cardinal fan, he offered me to go, infact he gave me tix, but i gave it back to him...no need for me to go,

KeystoneBronco
08-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Let's see how our first stringers handle the D today! Hopefully Jake will rip it up!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

KyLewin
08-31-2006, 08:41 AM
I suspect all of them will play very well tonight. We have at least three backs who could probably win the starting spot (though I think T.Bell will still only get 10-15 carries a game, so someone else will take the rest).

Cobbs has looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers so far, but it would have been nice to see him against some starters.

I think M.Bell will probably come out and run the best of the pack and get named the starter. Against a less than stellar Titans' D he did a great job, I think he'll do the same tonight.

:salute:

DisturbedBronco
08-31-2006, 08:42 AM
Tatum Tatum Tatum

LawDog
08-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Let's see how our first stringers handle the D today! Hopefully Jake will rip it up!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

They'll handle the "D" by standing on the sideline in street clothes... Jake and most of the starters will not be playing in this game.

BroncFanIN
08-31-2006, 08:54 AM
They'll handle the "D" by standing on the sideline in street clothes... Jake and most of the starters will not be playing in this game.
I cant wait to see what our 2nd string D does to their first string offense! :laugh: From accounts I have read, it looks like the Cardinals will play their starters for the first quarter.

If thats the case, I'd love to see Cutler go against a first team D! :beer:

DisturbedBronco
08-31-2006, 08:55 AM
i'm all hyped only one more crappy preseason game

Bronco T
08-31-2006, 09:01 AM
I suspect all of them will play very well tonight. We have at least three backs who could probably win the starting spot (though I think T.Bell will still only get 10-15 carries a game, so someone else will take the rest).

Cobbs has looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers so far, but it would have been nice to see him against some starters.

I think M.Bell will probably come out and run the best of the pack and get named the starter. Against a less than stellar Titans' D he did a great job, I think he'll do the same tonight.

the cardinals are supposed to play their starting D for a quarter, hopefully cobbs will get some carries with them in.

LawDog
08-31-2006, 09:03 AM
I cant wait to see what our 2nd string D does to their first string offense! :laugh: From accounts I have read, it looks like the Cardinals will play their starters for the first quarter.

If thats the case, I'd love to see Cutler go against a first team D! :beer:

Mark Klis of the Denver Post has an article out that mentions that Coach Greene will indeed be playing his starters for at least one series. As far as Cutler goes, as long as he doesn't drop yet another snap and manages to hand the ball off cleanly (a difficult task indeed to reign in a bazooka...) I'm fine. The real interest lies in how the RB's play. I would wager, however, that we won't know who our starting RB is until the first offensive play of the St. Louis game.

Grover
08-31-2006, 09:04 AM
How come you left off Ron Dayne? Giving up on him so soon?

How do you define "run the best"?

Is that who will log the most yardage, who will have the highest yards per carry average, who will have the most touchdowns, who will have the most carries
that earn first down yardage, or who drives the pile and shows the most heart?

Those are all rhetorical questions, so you don't really need to answer them.

I think tonight's game will determine who gets cut or traded. And it will further define our running back rotation for the beginning of the season. I think Tatum Bell doesn't have the vision and ability to choose the proper holes to be the "starting" back. So I see him used similarly to last year. Between Cobbs and M. Bell, I think Cobbs will be the better player tonight and get the starting nod come season opener. I don't have any particular evidence on which to base this conclusion, so it's mostly just gut feel and guess.

LordTrychon
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
w00t! GAMEDAY! :rockon:

LawDog
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi E!
Ready for the draft! Gonna :hammer: ya all! :laugh:

I'll be multi-tasking tonight...listening to the game, drafting a FF team, watching "Around the League" on NFL channel and listening to KOA.

I'm a busy bee!

Oh! And we find out what Bean is today! :beer:

:offtopic:

I apologize for not following very closely... is this your first Bean?

In any event, congratulations - and here is a virtual (and completely annoying invasion of personal space) "can I rub your tummy?"

BroncFanIN
08-31-2006, 09:12 AM
:offtopic:

I apologize for not following very closely... is this your first Bean?

In any event, congratulations - and here is a virtual (and completely annoying invasion of personal space) "can I rub your tummy?"
Yep! First Bean! :laugh:
Thank you!
And to be a liiitle on topic...Bean is going to be a Broncomaniac. Of that I have no doubt! :beer:

<pats own belly>

CaribouRanch
08-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi, folks! If any of you are interested, here's all we need to know the amenities on the new Cardinals Stadium where the broncos will play at tonight:

http://www.azcardinalsstadium.com/

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/arizona_cardinals/

Orange_Crush21
08-31-2006, 09:14 AM
How come you left off Ron Dayne? Giving up on him so soon?

What do you mean "so soon?" Even before the injury Dayne didn't do much in TC and he certainly hasn't shown that he has what it takes to be the #1 back.

This isn't soon in the game; Dayne's been nothing but a dissapointment to this point.

Edit- By the way, I voted for Cobbs because he will once again be playing against the weaker defenses.

ECBronco
08-31-2006, 09:14 AM
I voted for M. Bell. I'm pulling for him to make an impact because I think he's going to be a good RB when he settles down a bit. It seems like he is trying to go 100 MPH all the time, but he just needs some patience. I think that will come with time.

I would like to see Cobbs get some carries in the 1st quarter against the 1st team D.

ballen
08-31-2006, 09:15 AM
I think Ron Dayne will be traded. I really think the emergence of Cedrick Cobbs has made Dayne expendable. Even if the two are neck and neck, Cobbs would have the greater upside. Not to mention the fact that a team in need of a RB would most likely be more willing to give up a mid to late round pick for Dayne. This is because they know what they are getting with Dayne. Nobody has really seen Cobbs but us. I really liked Cobbs coming out of college and would like to see him get a chance to carry the load. It does make me wonder what the future holds for Tatum. If this is not his year, I don't see him staying in Denver beyond 2006.

Orange_Crush21
08-31-2006, 09:18 AM
I think Ron Dayne will be traded. I really think the emergence of Cedrick Cobbs has made Dayne expendable. Even if the two are neck and neck, Cobbs would have the greater upside. Not to mention the fact that a team in need of a RB would most likely be more willing to give up a mid to late round pick for Dayne. This is because they know what they are getting with Dayne. Nobody has really seen Cobbs but us. I really liked Cobbs coming out of college and would like to see him get a chance to carry the load. It does make me wonder what the future holds for Tatum. If this is not his year, I don't see him staying in Denver beyond 2006.

Who is going to trade us anything for Dayne? I don't think any team is that desperate.

Bronco T
08-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Who is going to trade us anything for Dayne? I don't think any team is that desperate.

not when you can pick him up on the wavier wire!!!

ballen
08-31-2006, 09:30 AM
I just saw that Adam Shefter guy on NFL Network say to look for Dayne to get traded. The reason why you trade is because there are more than one team interested team. If you are willing to give up a 6th round pick you lock him up. Then Shanny will take that pick and add it to a fourth round pick we will get from some other dummies and turn it into a third rounder. Might as well throw in a player and move up into the second round. Add that to the pick we will already have in the top 15(thanks skins) and we've got ourselves another great draft.

Nick
08-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Man.. I can not watch this game at sports bar because raiders are playing same time (live in pleasanton, bay area) My computer is down at home and not set up with any of the nfl packages this year (cut out alot of costs for a down payment on a home, so I am living with my mom and dad and you need at least 200 down on a home here)

So I decided I can just watch it at work on StreamTV but it is not listed!!!

Can anyone help me with Ideas.. I guess i can listen to it and see play by play :ugh:

LordTrychon
08-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Man.. I can not watch this game at sports bar because raiders are playing same time (live in pleasanton, bay area) My computer is down at home and not set up with any of the nfl packages this year (cut out alot of costs for a down payment on a home, so I am living with my mom and dad and you need at least 200 down on a home here)

So I decided I can just watch it at work on StreamTV but it is not listed!!!

Can anyone help me with Ideas.. I guess i can listen to it and see play by play :ugh:
:ugh:

Life stinks some times... I bet I can't watch it either, and we're technically in the Denver market. I hate preseason.

*heavy Jamaican accent*

Boo bad preseason coverage.

HOORAAY BEER! :beer:

RunYouOver
08-31-2006, 09:41 AM
I'll be on here for the game....no chance do I get it here... :brick:

Medford Bronco
08-31-2006, 09:42 AM
:ugh:

Life stinks some times... I bet I can't watch it either, and we're technically in the Denver market. I hate preseason.

*heavy Jamaican accent*

Boo bad preseason coverage.

HOORAAY BEER! :beer:

Do you have NFL network. It is being replayed at midnight Rocky moutain time (2 AM for MED :eek: :brick: )

RunYouOver
08-31-2006, 09:44 AM
Do you have NFL network. It is being replayed at midnight Rocky moutain time (2 AM for MED :eek: :brick: )

So I can watch it from about 2-5 AM on the NFL Network?

:eek: :brick:

Medford Bronco
08-31-2006, 09:47 AM
So I can watch it from about 2-5 AM on the NFL Network?

:eek: :brick:

you will probably be awake like me :eek: :hammer:

Are you in school yet?

LordTrychon
08-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Awesome... I was just going to go check what time it would be on.

Hooray beer! :beer:

RunYouOver
08-31-2006, 09:50 AM
you will probably be awake like me :eek: :hammer:

Are you in school yet?

Would I be up at 5 AM? ;)

Medford Bronco
08-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Awesome... I was just going to go check what time it would be on.

Hooray beer! :beer:

Just to make sure look here (http://search.tv.yahoo.com/tvtitlesearch?p=%2b{Denver+Broncos}+%2blineup%3aDI TV506+%2butn%3a1157043017/1158252617&s=-$s,utn&lineup=us_DITV506&range=14&title=Denver+Broncos&lineup_tz=America/New_York&sort=score&srch=true)

RunYouOver
08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Are all the 2nd stringers (Except for RB) starting tonight?

CinnaMunMun
08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
What time is the game on? :D

RunYouOver
08-31-2006, 10:22 AM
10 Pm Est...

BroncFanIN
08-31-2006, 10:24 AM
10 Pm Est...
Hey! Did you see what time we're drafting tonight? :D

Go Broncos!
:rockon:

GIVEME6
08-31-2006, 12:24 PM
I think Cedric Cobbs is gonna run with some ferocity tonight. He's been tremendous all preseason, and he knows that this is his chance to show that he is THE stud buffalo. I'd love to see us go with a power running game this year, and Cobbs could give us that clock eating back we so desperately need. GO CEDRIC COBBS! Show'em what you got man!!! :brick:

Orange Cru$h
08-31-2006, 12:46 PM
I think Cedric Cobbs is gonna run with some ferocity tonight. He's been tremendous all preseason, and he knows that this is his chance to show that he is THE stud buffalo. I'd love to see us go with a power running game this year, and Cobbs could give us that clock eating back we so desperately need. GO CEDRIC COBBS! Show'em what you got man!!! :brick:
I gotta agree. I want to see what he can do against a first string defense! Let see some power!

Bronx84
08-31-2006, 01:08 PM
I say Mike Bell he's in his hometown and he really wants to show the coaches what he's got but Cedric is coming off a good game too.

hilife
08-31-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure who will win the job but I thiink Cobbs will play the best out of all of them. I think he could've won the starting job a while ago if he played better in practice.

Natemania
08-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Iīm really nervos bout this last pre. game :huh:
And I hate it, that I canīt see what they are doing (just can read it
on the game stats) So I have to sit in front of my pc at 4am and bite my nails :rolleyes:

:wave:

2 Minute Warning
08-31-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Pm Est...
That rules me out lol.
Have had a sinus infection need my sleep. :heh:
I will be soo glad when we get some games at more decent hour for the east coast.

tnedator
08-31-2006, 04:01 PM
This is just a gut feeling but I think that Tatum Bell is going to capture the starting rb position tonight. I also think that Kirkus will be the #3 until Marshall returns.

Just some humble observations.

I will probably be wrong, but will support any move that Shanny makes :salute:

Not to sound like a Dayne-attic wearing Cobb-colored clothing, but I think that Cobbs could leap from 3rd/4th to 1st tonight. One indication of whether or not Shanahan is even open to the possibility is how early in the game Cobbs runs. If he doesn't get carries until the 4th quarter, than there is probably no chance, no matter how he runs. However, if they put him in the game in the first half, then I think it means Shanny is giving him a shot to win the starting job.

I still think the most likely starter is M. Bell, followed by Tatum, based on what we have seen and the depth chart, but I think Cobbs could win it tonight, and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he did.

I also agree that Shanny knows his stuff, and he is going to give the ball to whichever back(s) he thinks will help him win game.

Broncofan-13
08-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Iīm really nervos bout this last pre. game :huh:
And I hate it, that I canīt see what they are doing (just can read it
on the game stats) So I have to sit in front of my pc at 4am and bite my nails :rolleyes:

:wave:

I feel ya on that, brother. Im down in mannheim. this sucks. :brick:

PatrickdaDookie
08-31-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm really excited about this last preseason game. I don't have to worry about the starters getting injured anymore. =)

diesel51
08-31-2006, 04:54 PM
This game doesn't start until 8 MNT?

Meaning 9 CNT?

And then the replay isn't until 1AM?

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I feel like staying up all night. :brick:

RunYouOver
08-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Let's get this thread over 1,000 posts tonight....I want full play by play from everyone.

:salute: :heh:

CaribouRanch
08-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Hi, folks! For Bronco fans in the rest of the USA and around the world on the internet, I believe there is is live audio stram coverage of tonight's game on the web. Click the "Listen To KTAR Live" link from their homepage on the internet at kickoff time. ;)

http://www.ktar.com/

GIVEME6
08-31-2006, 05:21 PM
If Cedric Cobbs runs for 150 tonight, will it even matter? The guy has been crazy good in GAMES, yet it seems like something is holding him back from getting a little more PT and only he and Shanahan know what that is.

tnedator
08-31-2006, 05:35 PM
If Cedric Cobbs runs for 150 tonight, will it even matter? The guy has been crazy good in GAMES, yet it seems like something is holding him back from getting a little more PT and only he and Shanahan know what that is.

Yep, something is. Either it was his slow start; possible continued bad practice sessions; or, Shanny isn't impressed by him running good against backups.

Snk16
08-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Let's get this thread over 1,000 posts tonight....I want full play by play from everyone.

:salute: :heh:

Save your fingers for the real one. :laugh:

Chidoze
08-31-2006, 05:57 PM
I think it will be Mike Bell. I hope Tatum takes it but my instinct tells me that Mike Bell will do well tonight and get the stranglehold on the No.1 spot. :beer:

Broncholio
08-31-2006, 06:06 PM

I am with you on this one. I am going with Cobbs as well. I love his power and he reminds me of a better Reuben Droughns. Just given the chance this guy can shine. Guy got some guns!

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Mike Effin' Bell

SmithOverTO
08-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Evening guys...finally my first pre-season game I'll be able to see in full spirit

BiggyBoy660
08-31-2006, 06:36 PM

When I seen M.Bell play against the Texans I don't think he performed real well he was a little impatient for the most part even the commentators said something about it. Then Tatum came in and did pretty good by running for 10 yards at a clip at times. Then when Cobbs played he did even better. I just hope that one of those three end up being the STUD runningback that we have been looking for. :brick:. I miss the days of having an elite RB. I trust Shanny's judgement and I'm sure he knows what hes doin. So, good luck tonite Mike and Tatum Bell,Cedric Cobbs! It sure would be nice to see Brandon Marshall on the field tonite. Heres to a great season watching the Denver Broncos wreak havoc in the NFL.

tnedator
08-31-2006, 06:41 PM
I am with you on this one. I am going with Cobbs as well. I love his power and he reminds me of a better Reuben Droughns. Just given the chance this guy can shine. Guy got some guns!

I know I have heard the Droughns comparison a lot, and I guess it is just natural, since he was a Broncos back. Not sure it is a good comparison. Droughns was 10 pounds lighter and 2 tenths slower in the 40 (4.63 v. 4.43).

He had a higher vertical leap 39" v 30" , standing board jump, 10'5" v 9'7", short shuttle 4.30 v 4.42, etc. etc. etc.

Physically, speed, strength, size, Cobbs was a much more physically gifted player coming into the NFL than Droughns.

All that draft garbage aside, here is the difference in what I see in their running. Droughns ALWAYS seemed to be able to get the tough yard, when it was needed, but he didn't neccessarily make contact and then break lose for the extra 5-10 yards. What we have seen with Cobbs, is that he not only gets the tough yards, but has been great at getting good yards after contact.

Now, all that has to be tempered by the fact that we have only seen Cobbs briefly against a first team D, and mostly against 2nd and 3rd teamers. Also, Cobbs has to figure out how to stay healthy, before (or if) he will ever be able to do anything special in the NFL.

Here are a couple quotes about Cobbs when he was entering the draft in 2004:

Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports: Observations from two AFC personnel directors and an NFC college scout "If he proves he can hold up physically, I like (Arkansas tailback) Cedric Cobbs a lot. He has size, nice quickness, really good vision and he runs strong. The one asterisk on his resume is his durability. And, of course, that's a pretty big asterisk."

Vic Ketchman, of jaguars.com reports: Cedric Cobbs, 6-0, 223, of Arkansas, is this draft's boom-or-bust prospect. Cobbs was a star as a freshman, but the next two years were wiped out by injuries and legal problems. Cobbs pleaded guilty to DUI and marijuana charges, but has submitted himself to monthly drug-testing since January of 2002. Cobbs had a great senior season in '03. He looked great early in the week at the Senior Bowl, but finished the week nursing a hamstring pull. He developed a reputation in college for always be nicked up and got the rap for being a soft back. He ran slow, 4.73, at the scouting combine, but he plays faster than that. Cobbs is the perfect pick for a team wanting to swing for the fence.

Broncholio
08-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Being in Iraq I guess once again I will have to watch some of the gamecast on ESPN before I get off work. Lets keep that hush hush though ok ;)

tnedator
08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
For those that weren't listening to KOA, Shanahan was just on. He said that between Bell, Bell and Cobbs, the RB starting job is wide open. He said that he really doesn't know who will start among those three in week 1. He said he has a feeling who he thinks will start, but it is still in the air.

donkyfan
08-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Being in Iraq I guess once again I will have to watch some of the gamecast on ESPN before I get off work. Lets keep that hush hush though ok ;)

Yeah, it definitely sucks being overseas trying to catch the games. Being stationed in Guam, those games come on at like 3 AM on Mondays.

tnedator
08-31-2006, 06:49 PM
www.cherokeeflyer.com/downloads/ready.mp3

Snk16
08-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Looks like we're moving the ball. :beer:

LordTrychon
08-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Looks like we're moving the ball. :beer:
Glad to hear it...

Can't wait to see it on the Network tonight...

Goodnight everyone! I'm headed home!

cutlerfan
08-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Get ready to rumble!

How is Jay looking on TV?

Variety
08-31-2006, 07:13 PM
is marshall inactive?

keithbishop
08-31-2006, 07:14 PM
According to Gameday, there was a pass from Cutler to Hamza Abdullah. :eek:

Is that right?? I missed the first couple of plays.

Knorr FG 3-0 Denver.

jhns
08-31-2006, 07:15 PM
According to Gameday, there was a pass from Cutler to Hamza Abdullah.

Is that right?? I missed the first couple of plays.

Knorr FG 3-0 Denver.

I saw that on the stats as well and was wondering the same thing.

Variety
08-31-2006, 07:16 PM
of course not...

tnedator
The live stats on NFL.com and sportsline.com are pretty messed up and delayed.

Sounds like Bell had a nice long run.

RunYouOver
FG, 3-0...Good start. :beer:

keithbishop
08-31-2006, 07:17 PM
It was the first offensive play. Anyone see/hear who the pass was to?

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-31-2006, 07:18 PM
Mike Bell is a champ

HORSEPOWER 56
08-31-2006, 07:19 PM
It was the first offensive play. Anyone see/hear who the pass was to?

Nate Jackson for 18 yards.

tnedator
08-31-2006, 07:20 PM
NFL network has the game live at the moment on their Huddle show

jeremy_koenig
08-31-2006, 07:22 PM
we are getting man handled on defense

tnedator
08-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Broncos 2nd team D is not looking good.

tnedator
08-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Webster loses his helmet a lot. Happened last week, too.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-31-2006, 07:23 PM
The Cards threw the ball 5 straight times. They're pretty much killing our backups right now.

cutlerfan
08-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Sam Brandon - nice stop

tnedator
Brandon made a great play breakup on a pass at the goalline.

Drew303
Nice 3rd down stop! Keep in mind this is the back up D against their 1st string offense.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Wow, our backups are holding their starters to a field goal. Not bad boys, 3-3.

WABronco
08-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Brandon's one of the best cover safeties in the league...

RunYouOver
08-31-2006, 07:26 PM
To anyone watching the game...was Mike Bell's run because of great blocking or did he find the right hole and take advantage of it.

cutlerfan
08-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Come on NFL network. I could care less about Raiders and Seahawks

tnedator
08-31-2006, 07:27 PM
To anyone watching the game...was Mike Bell's run because of great blocking or did he find the right hole and take advantage of it.

Radio said he made a cutback on that run.

Snk16
Our second stringers got raped there....but our Goalline D looked good. I guess that was more reacting than thinking which is why we did better.

tnedator
Come on NFL network. I could care less about Raiders and Seahawks

You hoping Plummer comes in and want to watch him on NFL Network? :goofy:

Bronx84
08-31-2006, 07:28 PM
I just got back from hockey how's Cutler and Mike Bel doing? I see he had a nice rune how was it?

tnedator
Our second stringers got raped there....but our Goalline D looked good. I guess that was more reacting than thinking which is why we did better.

Exactly, our D looked horrible until they got around the 5, and then the goalline D held them.

dogfish
pretty sweet that our 2nd string held their starters in the red zone. . . damn, anquan boldin is a BEAST!! dude is chunky for a WR. . . . i love nate webster-- he's got a real nose for the ball, and he can dish out some hits, too. . . dumervil is getting pushed around at DT, no surprise there. . . . :ugh:

can't wait to see the whole game tomorrow after work. . . . :D

Bronx84
08-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Man CLark shouldn't have brought that one out.

cutlerfan
08-31-2006, 07:30 PM
See I bet NFL Network will show Leinert when he starts but did not show Jay.

Dang that is just wrong!

Elway
Ah the Cards first string defense and they can only must up 3 points.... bwa haha

tnedator
I just got back from hockey how's Cutler and Mike Bel doing? I see he had a nice rune how was it?

Cutler sounds not bad. Bell is 5-22, with a 13 yard run.

And now Cutler just threw 84 yard TD

Snk16
Cutler! WIth the touchdown pass to Circus Kircus! :rockon:

TOUCHDOWN! :beer:

Drew303
beautiful pass!!!!!!!!

Bronx84
Kircus he's the man YEAH!!!!!

cutlerfan
What about Jay Cutler!!

jeremy_koenig
Cutler to Kircus...........84 yards.......TOUCHDOWN

Elway
84 Kircus... yeeeahhhh baby!!!

We have a # 3 receiver! :) :idiot: Cards

N.O.Bronco
08-31-2006, 07:31 PM
80yds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JAY

Drew303
Micah Knorr still sucks!

HORSEPOWER 56
Cutler drops DA BOMB and Kircus beats Rolle, 84 yard TD !!!!!!!

Bronx84
Knorr missed lol.

tnedator
See I bet NFL Network will show Leinert when he starts but did not show Jay.

Dang that is just wrong!

West Coast Bias (Leinart being from USC)

Just showed the boot and pass. Great pass by Cutler. :)

WABronco
Ahahahahaa....Arizona's defense SUCKS.

Kircus just burned their no. 1. Very nice.

Wow...thanks for that Knorr...you waste of leg strength.

DBfan187
:eek: :eek: :eek:

RBDynasty
08-31-2006, 07:32 PM
D-D-D-DAMN! What a throw by Cutler!! And what a move by Kircus to get open. 84 YARDS!!!!!!

Bronx84
I can't wait to see Leinart come in and get showed up by Cutler.

tnedator
If Cutler keeps throwing 80+ yard bombs, he isn't going to give our RB's a chance to fight it out!!

Javalon
Man, I wish I'd seen that! :(

And this is against their starters, right?

RBDynasty
Wow...thanks for that Knorr...you waste of leg strength.And people were complaining about Elam losing it....

jeremy_koenig
08-31-2006, 07:33 PM
and Knorr misses the extra point......wtf? my grandma can make those........really :brick:

RunYouOver
TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS!!!

84 Yards to Kircus! :D

MyFav
Great pass!!!!
It didn't even look like he threw it his hardest. :beer:

MarvinWillis
I think every body will ride Kircus nuts for the rest of the week for now.

cutlerfan
I have been trying to tell you fans. Jay is special! I have watched this for four years!

PatrickdaDookie
<3 Kircus =)

RunYouOver
08-31-2006, 07:34 PM
He missed the extra point? Wide left?! :brick: :brick: :hammer: :hammer:

WABronco
No doubt......

I'll regulate 'em though...don't worry.

Snk16
West Coast Bias (Leinart being from USC)

Just showed the boot and pass. Great pass by Cutler. :)

Yeah.

ESPN's on the East Coast Bias...

NFL Network's go the West Coast Bias...

We still don't get much face time on both...Lol...although we get more on NFL Network, we dont' get that much...:laugh:

WE CAN"T WIN!

Elway
08-31-2006, 07:35 PM
LOL @ 850 radio, "He fell for the old bananna in the tail pipe." gotta love 48 hrs.

DBfan187
Parsons was the holder, laces may've been in. :ugh:

Bronx84
I still wanted to see the back though but who cares, Cutler makes a beutiful pass and Kircus make a great move and catch.

WABronco
Hey, NFL Networkers...are they showing parts of the game or what?

MarvinWillis
<3 Kircus =)

OMG there BACK!!!! :eek:

HORSEPOWER 56
Why is Knorr place-kicking? If anything, you'd think they'd let Ernster do it. Knorr's as good as gone anyway.

PurdueBronc

They better hail my adoptee. :D j/k.

Great play though.

djay1183
I can't watch the game!!! Somebody describe the play that led to that touchdown...PLEASE!!!

DBfan187
08-31-2006, 07:36 PM
LOL @ 850 radio, "He fell for the old bananna in the tail pipe." gotta love 48 hrs.
You mean Beverly Hills Cop ?

MarvinWillis
They better hail my adoptee. :D j/k.

Great play though.

I bet you tommorow when i get home from school there wil lbe 5 threads about kircus.

WABronco
I can't watch the game!!! Somebody describe the play that led to that touchdown...PLEASE!!!
Bootleg to the left side and Cutler set his feet and gunned it downfield. Kircus was more or less wide open.

squints
08-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Why is Knorr place-kicking? If anything, you'd think they'd let Ernster do it. Knorr's as good as gone anyway.
I guess when they say "rest starters" they really mean it.

tnedator
NFL.com was showing Bell at 5 for 38, then changed it to 5 for 22, when they changed his 28 yard run to a 13. NFL Network is still showing 5 for 38.

Anyone know if his long run was a 13 or 28/29? KOA said 13. Stats on this game are all fubar'd

Bronx84
Sam Brandon is playing great.

tnedator
I guess when they say "rest starters" they really mean it.

Shanny had said the only starters that would play, would be the RB

Snk16
No doubt......

I'll regulate 'em though...don't worry.

WABronco:

Poster. Comedian. Nut Regulator.

Elway
08-31-2006, 07:38 PM

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060831_DEN@ARI

try that.

jeremy_koenig
Not busting on the broncos or anything, but Warner looks pretty good, but Cutler will prevail. :D

RunYouOver
CP to anyone who tells me every starter from today's game.... :beer:

WABronco
WABronco:

Poster. Comedian. Nut Regulator.
Daamnnnnnn straight.

HORSEPOWER 56

He does have the most experience of any guy on the field right now. (well, on our defense that is). It's kinda funny that the Cards will keep playing their starters. I really hope we hold them to 3 or less again this time. ;)

djay1183

That's my boy!!! :D

Snk16
08-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey, NFL Networkers...are they showing parts of the game or what?

Yes they are I saw them before. They're splitting between Seattle and Oakland and us.

They're showing more of them...as said before (West Coast Bias)

WABronco
08-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Not busting on the broncos or anything, but Warner looks pretty good, but Cutler will prevail. :D
He won't look too good much longer. If a defender lays a hand on him he may suffer a season ending head/neck/chest/leg/groin injury.

WABronco
08-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes they are I saw them before. They're splitting between Seattle and Oakland and us.

They're showing more of them...as said before (West Coast Bias)
Pshhhhhh...I've got that game on TV. BORING

RBDynasty
I think every body will ride Kircus nuts for the rest of the week for now.Haha... yeah. But the guy's something special I think. He just knows how to get open. He's pretty much cemented his spot on the team (at least a #5 although I think he can challenge for the #3 as the regular season goes on).

cutlerfan
I want to see Leinert make a throw just like Cutler did. That was not all Cutler had. I was at a game where the ball was in the air 74 yards!

jaggernaut
man this guy is good....what a catch. I say happy trails ashley this guy is good!

SmithOverTO
08-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Good to see him performing. Might be a suprise starter...

ProjectDSM
Is it just me or are the announcers over reacting for every play the Cards make. They're acting like we're playing a playoff game or something.

jeremy_koenig
Boldin is raping us :eek: :eek: :eek:

WABronco
08-31-2006, 07:42 PM
I want to see Leinert make a throw just like Cutler did. That was not all Cutler had. I was at a game where the ball was in the air 74 yards!
Leinart would've hung that one up so bad that a DL would've been able to get back there and pick it off.

HORSEPOWER 56
Boldin and Fitzgerald are making a Mockery of Foxy and Paymah.

BarkdogRX7
Yeah that was a textbook Broncos play. I do like the Arizona offense. I cant wait til our #1 D gets in there later this year and they get a dose of Lynch and Bailey...and then there has to be room for some Al in thurr too lol...

GIVEME6
08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Keep us posted on how Cobbs looks when he enters the game. Also, is Brandon Marshall playing tonight??

cutlerfan
08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Elvis sack Kurt Warner!

Shanahanaramjam
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Is it me or does anyone else feel that Leinart and Warner have similar games?

WABronco
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Relax guys. Rolle bit on the oldest trick in the book. Kircus was WIDE OPEN. He did very well running into the endzone though...

jaggernaut
08-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Marshell is out due to injury...watts and kircus started

HORSEPOWER 56
Second quarter and Arizona starters are still in the game. I think Dennis Green won't let them come out until they score a TD, but oops FG again!!!

Bronx84
held them again but the receivers are killin us.

Skywalker
Could someone tell me the score?

ProjectDSM
08-31-2006, 07:46 PM

6 - 9 denver

DBfan187
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060831_DEN@ARI

HORSEPOWER 56

9-6 Broncos, should be 10-6 but Knorr missed an extra point.

jeremy_koenig
Battle Of The Kickers

WABronco
Hey, are any of you NFL Networkers seeing this Marquis Weeks guy on Seattle? If he gets cut we need to pick him up pronto.

Milehigh117
08-31-2006, 07:47 PM

Banana in the tail pipe is from Beverly Hills Cop if I'm not mistaken

Bronx84
08-31-2006, 07:47 PM
I think were gonna come out and pass deep again. But Arizon's Defense is gonna be watching for the PA now so it should open the run game up.

WABronco
08-31-2006, 07:48 PM
AHAHAHA!

Vanderjackass just missed a 20 yard FG in the Cowboys game, in OT. HE CHOKES EVEN IN THE PRE-SEASON.

cutlerfan
08-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Vanderjact missed a Field goal on NFL network

ProjectDSM
08-31-2006, 07:49 PM
I think were gonna come out and pass deep again. But Arizon's Defense is gonna be watching for the PA now so it should open the run game up.
Oh yeah, the DB's will be waiting for the pass. They DON'T want to get burnt that bad again... :idiot:

Bronx84
AHAHAHA!

Vanderjackass just missed a 20 yard FG in the Cowboys game, in OT. HE CHOKES EVEN IN THE PRE-SEASON.
Lol how does he miss a kick like that?

Javalon
Battle Of The Kickers
Not really. We scored a TD.

jeremy_koenig
08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Not really. We scored a TD.
Yeah, i know. Sorry Javalon..........i'll stop talking :ugh:

Broncosfreak_56
08-31-2006, 07:51 PM
nice pass jay :beer:

keithbishop
08-31-2006, 07:53 PM
The mystery receiver on play #1 was FB Cecil Sapp.

tnedator
:( Third cutler fumble of the preseason

Bronx84
Man FUMBLE.

Broncosfreak_56
08-31-2006, 07:54 PM
still our ball

cutlerfan
Wow Cutler got a break!

Snk16
Cutler sacked and fumbled. :ugh:

Luckily we got hte flag...

Bronx84
Nice No FUMBLE.

squints
Thats a lot of flags. :duh:

Broncosfreak_56
wow, perfect throw...

HORSEPOWER 56
Wow, lucky break on that fumble/penalty.

Javalon
08-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah, i know. Sorry Javalon..........i'll stop talking :ugh:
Why? I wasn't trying to insult you or anything. I just thought maybe you saw the 9 - 6 score and thought it was all field goals. Not everyone is watching the game so I thought I'd point it out just in case.

Don't stop posting on my account. :beer:

tnedator
Incomplete, but very nice pass to Kircus

cutlerfan
You have to catch that pass!

Diehard Pistons Fan
08-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Ugh, Jay needs to learn how to hang on to the ball. Other than that he's been great, though.

WABronco
Leinart's on the sidelines thinking, "wow, I didn't know it was even possible to throw further than 20 yards downfield."

tnedator
Wow, lucky break on that fumble/penalty.

Yep, very lucky. I have a feeling Cutler might have to run some of those Ball security drills that Bell did a few weeks ago.

jeremy_koenig
**** Bell, put Bell in :confused:

MarvinWillis
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Didn't i say that People was going ot start to ride his nuts again. :duh:

tnedator
You have to catch that pass!

DB stuck his hand in to break it up. Nice pass. Nice play by the DB.

M_A_C
That deep ball was awesome! To bad he didn't catch it.

MyFav
Leinart's on the sidelines thinking, "wow, I didn't know it was even possible to throw further than 20 yards downfield."
LOL!!!
He probably thinks it illegal.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Ah well, our first 3 and out of the game.

Bronx84
Is Leinart comming in?

Snk16
Well...that went um...rather well.

Broncosfreak_56
LOL!!!
He probably thinks it illegal.
not illegal, he just cant do it :idiot: (leinart)

tnedator
didnt pull a plummer

I guess by that you mean that he didn't get his team to the AFCCG?

How about we DON'T turn this into a JAY/JAKE thread, and just enjoy the game?

HORSEPOWER 56
08-31-2006, 07:59 PM
eh...no stupid mistakes from cutler there...didnt pull a plummer

Well, except the fumble while being sacked. He's lucky there was also a penalty.

Javalon
Didn't i say that People was going ot start to ride his nuts again. :duh:
Come on, P-NUT. There's no reason for people not to be happy for the guy.

WABronco
Why Peyton Manning...why?

Broncosfreak_56
08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
I guess by that you mean that he didn't get his team to the AFCCG?

How about we DON'T turn this into a JAY/JAKE thread, and just enjoy the game?
ok...im sorry, ill delete that post... :ugh:

tnedator
08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
ok...im sorry, ill delete that post... :ugh:

Don't have to do that, let's just focus on this game, and enjoying Jay's laser throws.

Bronx84
08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Man Leinart is doing pretty good right now.

Broncosfreak_56
08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
dumervil!!! :salute:

cutlerfan
08-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Jay loves the challenge he will show up Leinert!

Keep watching or listening

I have never seen Jay back down in a game!

jeremy_koenig
yeah ELVIS...........sack that biatch

tnedator
Next time the Broncos get the ball, should give some indication if Cobbs is really in the running for the starting job. If he is, then you would think he gets the next series.

If M. Bell comes back in, then you would think that is an indication that it is primarily a two horse race.

Bronx84
Hey theres Elvis!

Javalon
Go Elvis! First sack I believe. :beer:

HORSEPOWER 56
Dumervil sacks Pretty-boy Matt!

LoyalSoldier
wow.........all they have to do is pass on us and we're ******

Don't go around the filter. That is grounds for removal.

Broncosfreak_56
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

SuperD77
08-31-2006, 08:03 PM
The Circus Is In Town!

Broncosfreak_56
dumervil is doing awsome.

Bronx84
Next time the Broncos get the ball, should give some indication if Cobbs is really in the running for the starting job. If he is, then you would think he gets the next series.

If M. Bell comes back in, then you would think that is an indication that it is primarily a two horse race.
Yeah I agree ubless we go into a 2 Minute Drill.

BR0NCOFANATIC
08-31-2006, 08:05 PM
the backup secondary sucks....lol :brick:

Bronx84
the backup secondary sucks....lol :brick:
Well that why there backups lol.

MarvinWillis
Come on, P-NUT. There's no reason for people not to be happy for the guy.

I can understand people, be happy but i dont like when people ride a player nuts until the player haves bad game than bashes them. Remember Tatum bell In 2004 Mia game where he beasted as a rookie. Then the Season Opener, where he stunk every body bashed the hell out of him. I can name Todd Devoe, Remember when he was doing good in camp people was comparing him to Rod smith. than his hype died down,then after his Awesome catch againist the Eagles more nut riding came. Remember Ron Dayne, Where the hell are his Nut riders now?? they could've been all the same people. I remember Brandon Browner, Lenny Walls, Alot of players.

SuperD77
The Circus Is In Town! Circus Kircus is off the hook. That was a great catch but did you guys see how he burned his man? Unreal! This guy is the next Eddie Mac. How about that sick toss from Cutler to! That was our secondary offense scoring against an Arizona 1st unit defense. Cutler and Circus are great players I cant wait to see what they'll do if they ever hook up in a regular season game.

Bronx84
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
They got it on 4th Down.

AdamantiumBronco
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
I wish I could stay up and cheer with u guys, and see what our young ones do, but im really tired...

Bronx84
08-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Man Leinart is doing good.

jeremy_koenig
yeah, Leinart looks ****ing awesome
oh well

cutlerfan
Lets get ready to rumble.

Cutler TD

Leinert TD

M_A_C
Nice illegal play. :brick:

Broncosfreak_56
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Lets get ready to rumble.

Cutler TD

Leinert TD
cutler should have 2 though...

HORSEPOWER 56
Cardinals are killing us with passing. It's going to be a long season against passing teams, again.

WABronco
Cheaters! They Cheat! They Cheat Their Way To 5 Wins This Season!

Broncosfreak_56
Nice illegal play. :brick:
seriously :hammer: :hammer:

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Cardinals are killing us with passing. It's going to be a long season against passing teams, again.
no its not

RunYouOver

These are our 2nd stringers....

BR0NCOFANATIC
warner and leinart look great because they are going up against second and third string players. Unlike cutler who did great against starters.

HORSEPOWER 56
Man Leinart is doing good.

Do you think he'd have scored a TD against our starting defense, though? Cutler scored against their starters.

tnedator
cutler should have 2 though...

Yea, except for the fact that a DB broke up the pass attempt on his other, "almost" TD.

ProjectDSM
08-31-2006, 08:10 PM
It's out second team defense. They're going to make some mistakes. Heck, they'll make a lot of mistakes...