PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, where did Janet Jackson ever come into play?



jocool
01-24-2004, 11:49 PM
WHat, who huh? Her Agent, Im lost on that one! WTF, has she done for the listening public lately?? Oh yeah, sure shes been pooping out mind numbing albums one after another. Come on was it just her turn to do the Superbowl HALFTIME?? Hmmm, Kid Rock is doing something as well, (he Blows)- well at least theres AEROSMITH! GO GRANDPAS!!!!! Jezze could I be anymore negative???????? LOL! NO, just once again in your face factual!!!!!!!:cheeky: Yes, they searched the bottom of the barrel (BECAUSE THEY COULDNT FIND ANYONE ELSE and found she still had some replay value left- pathetic!


Wait, wait, I know shes gonna do a new version of Rythem Nation!

BroncoMatt
01-25-2004, 01:10 AM
How the hell can you hate Janet? She is a great singer, great dancer and one of the finest women on the planet.

http://www.janet-world.com/janet.jpg

Quit hating

Pierce
01-25-2004, 01:39 AM
I'd rather see Janet Jackson with Aerosmith than Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. I was embarrassed to see rock legends like Aerosmith have to share the same stage with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.:goofy:

kenoyripsit28
01-25-2004, 01:40 AM
good point but she is just gooooone havent heard from her in like 2 years then she pops up to the superbowl I PRAY she doesnt say anything about Micheal.

BlueDamsel
01-25-2004, 02:11 AM
That's when you just tune into NBC's SNL-halftime update, if they do that again this year???

Pierce
01-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BeerGirl
That's when you just tune into NBC's SNL-halftime update, if they do that again this year???

I loved the SNL halftime show last year. I'm hoping for the same next week.:cool:

Crazie
01-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by jocool
WHat, who huh? Her Agent, Im lost on that one! WTF, has she done for the listening public lately?? Oh yeah, sure shes been pooping out mind numbing albums one after another. Come on was it just her turn to do the Superbowl HALFTIME?? Hmmm, Kid Rock is doing something as well, (he Blows)- well at least theres AEROSMITH! GO GRANDPAS!!!!! Jezze could I be anymore negative???????? LOL! NO, just once again in your face factual!!!!!!!:cheeky: Yes, they searched the bottom of the barrel (BECAUSE THEY COULDNT FIND ANYONE ELSE and found she still had some replay value left- pathetic!


Wait, wait, I know shes gonna do a new version of Rythem Nation!

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but who would you rather do the show?

pikman
01-26-2004, 02:50 PM
At least they didn't sign up that lovely little Clay Aiken from American Idol.

Jared
01-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by kenoyripsit28
good point but she is just gooooone havent heard from her in like 2 years then she pops up to the superbowl I PRAY she doesnt say anything about Micheal.


2 years is a long time? She is the second best selling pop artist ever (behind Madonna), so she is a well known person to most Americans, regardless of musical tastes, which I think is part of the reason. Now I am not a big fan of Miss Jackson's, but artists routinely take 2-3 years betwen albums nowadays, and I would think that this means that she is probably gearing up for a new album and tour. 2 years is not THAT long. Aerosmith a few years back was almost 2 years removed from "Just Push Play", when they let N'Sync and Britney "I was a teenaged star" Spears wreck "Walk this Way", which was 25 years old at the time.......

And I think the chances of her answering a question about her brother (which I am sure SOME idiot will ask) are about...oh.....0-to-infinity.

BroncoManiac_69
01-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I saw Janet Jackson's Velvet Rope tour in Las Vegas and I must say that I was totally impressed with her show. I kinda like the idea of her doing the halftime.

Kid Rock can go bite a wall..... Feel this.

Nelly is on the list too. Think we will be "shakin' our tailfeathers"

There was one other I am drawing a blank on.

I heard no mention of Aerosmith. If they are there, I apologize. I do like the old geezers who still know how to rock. Living legends.

Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. What a couple of losers. All Spears does is lipsinc everything and Timberlake just plain makes me puke. LOL!

broncosbeast
01-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
Timberlake just plain makes me puke. LOL!

You and every intelligent person in the world, or at least those with eyeballs.

Jared
01-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by broncosbeast
You and every intelligent person in the world, or at least those with eyeballs.

Comaparitvely speaking, his uptempo tunes are way more interesting to dance to than most of his contemporaries. From what I have heard in clubs, I will at least give him kudos for using live instruments. Its just a new spin on white boy soul, which ok if you like that sort of thing. Its better than that incessant dance pop/recycled disco stuff.

AsianOrange
01-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Yea....It has to be a CBS\MTV thing....same company just milking something.

I think it's for the girls...

BUT the Super Bowl halftime show been blowing for quite some time now.

Hell, i do not recall a Super Bowl halftime show I enjoyed since Super Bowl 23 when they had an Elvis singer doing a bunch of dancing and singing...

I hate Aerosmith, Kid Rock, Britany Spear crap they keep jamming down our throats!

2 Minute Warning
01-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I thought it was cool when Cher did the halftime for one of our games:) But I'm really fed up with Aerosmith and Brittney.