PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes The Best Ice Cream?

THE SHIELD
01-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Duh, It's Ben and Jerry's, duh!!!

orang/blu in LA
01-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I love Ben & Jerry's for all their mixed ice creams...but my favorite, single flavor ice cream is Haagen-Dazs strawberry. UH, that stuff is HEAVEN! and strangely, when i'm sick i crave it. like when i had the flu not too long ago - all i wanted was their strawberry ice cream. and low and behold, I ate a pint in a day and was BETTER! Chicken soup aint got nothin' on haagen-dazs strawberry ice cream!;)

Elway
01-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Carvel & Sundaes :D

orangenblue420
01-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Elway
Carvel & Sundaes :D

Carvel and Ice Cream cakes....OMG yummmmmmm, every year I got one for my b-day, oh I loved the cookie crumbs in the middle, even the icing was good (and I hate regualr icing, unless its chocolate, of course) but oh how I wish I ahd some ice cream cake and good pizza right now and it aint even 4:20 yet :D

Ben and Jerrys is oh soo good too.......they got my vote....phish food.......and chunky monkey.......

Nixhex78
01-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by bcollin1
It's called Shakey's, and it's unbelievable.

That reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman used fetus/stem cell research to clone his own ice cream parlor called Shakeys! :D

orangenblue420
01-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by bcollin1
There's a place in Fayetteville, AR that serves real ice cream. It's called Shakey's, and it's unbelievable.

After that, I'd say Haagen Dazs.

If you haven't tried one, have one of their Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream bars. Good Lord.

We have a Shakeys here in okla, but I havent tried it yet....there is this place called Scotties that has frozen homemade custard that is to die for, I like the concretes, they are like blizzards, my fav is brownie with Spanish peanuts.....they also have a brownie sundae that is awesome cause the brownies come fresh out of the oven.......

dandaman23
01-27-2004, 02:41 PM
I voted for Hagen Daaz. But you left out 2 of the best. Cold Stone and TCBY, I am sure you have those down there, there so good. My favorite ice cream is cookie dough, MMMM.

Jared
01-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by dandaman23
I voted for Hagen Daaz. But you left out 2 of the best. Cold Stone and TCBY, I am sure you have those down there, there so good. My favorite ice cream is cookie dough, MMMM.

I have Cold Stone here, but I never heard of them until I moved here from PA.

TCBY is frozen yogurt only, isn't it? It used to be.

The Country's Best Yougurt

THE SHIELD
01-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Jared
I have Cold Stone here, but I never heard of them until I moved here from PA.

TCBY is frozen yogurt only, isn't it? It used to be.

The Country's Best Yougurt

TCBY IS YOGURT, AND WE DON'T HAVE A COLD stone in Kansas City.

Jared
01-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by dhall26
TCBY IS YOGURT, AND WE DON'T HAVE A COLD stone in Kansas City.
I think Cold Stone is a western regional chain. Good stuff for sure.

dandaman23
01-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Huh? LOL I always thought thats what ice cream was, was frozen yogurt. It looks like ice cream, tastes like ice cream, whats the difference?

Jared
01-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by dandaman23
Huh? LOL I always thought thats what ice cream was, was frozen yogurt. It looks like ice cream, tastes like ice cream, whats the difference?

Frozen Yogurt is just that, yogurt that has been frozen. Yougurt has some active cultures in it, ice cream does not. Ice cream is, at its core, real cream and sugar frozen at a very low temp. No active cultures. Yogurt is much easier to digest, if you have a lactose problem.

Slightly different memebrs of the dairy family.

Did I mention that I am Food Network junkie?

THE SHIELD
01-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Do any of you have a SHERIDAN'S FROZEN CUSTARD yet? We're starting to get a lot of them popping up around town!! If you do, check them out!!!!!

Jared
01-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by dhall26
Do any of you have a SHERIDAN'S FROZEN CUSTARD yet? We're starting to get a lot of them popping up around town!! If you do, check them out!!!!!

Bruster's is good too, for those who have one.

2 Minute Warning
01-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Even though I live in Ben and Jerry's country, I like the Baskin Robbin's, very tough decision!!! Since to be honest I like em' all:)

dandaman23
01-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Jovi I agree with you I like them all.LOL.

RunByDesign
01-30-2004, 04:56 AM
Ben and Jerry's. :p