PDA

View Full Version : Beer

rascal
01-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Talk about your favorite beer thanks to "Do you believe in God" thread. Kinda weird, but it got mentioned.

Personally I like St. Pauli, Fat Tire, and New Castle.

And ASAHI from Japan, that stuff was good. Buy a 1 liter can out of a chilled vending machine on a street for $2.50!!

pikman
01-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Pilsner, Guiness, Molson Canadian, Lynenhugels Red...

rascal
01-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by pikman
Pilsner, Guiness, Molson Canadian, Lynenhugels Red...

Never heard of that last one, where is it from? Since your from up north, do Canadians really take offense when you insult thier beer?

pikman
01-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by rascal
Never heard of that last one, where is it from? Since your from up north, do Canadians really take offense when you insult thier beer?

Don't be bad mouthin our ale Rascal, I may have to get into it with you. Even worse don't make fun of our whiskey or our hockey. :D

Tried Lynenhugel's when I was in Wisconsin, great beer, for American suds.

Jared
01-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Pikman and I had this convo once....

Molson Canadian, Sam Adams, Boddington's, Guinness (BRILLIANT!), Young's (Australian), Moretti's (Italian), Yuengling (Pennsylvanian), Bellhaven (Scottish), and locally I like Gordon Biersch. I alos like many of the Dutch and Belgian lambics I have tried from Wholefoods, but I cannot remember how to pronounce or spell them

rascal
01-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Don't be bad mouthin our ale Rascal, I may have to get into it with you. Even worse don't make fun of our whiskey or our hockey. :D

Your hockey teams suck, go avalanche!! HAHA :)

Jared
01-26-2004, 03:24 PM

Well, I do prefer Irish Whiskeys....is that badmouthing?

And I love the Candian Hockey teams....the Nordiques.....whoops.....the Jets.....whoops.....

j/k

Jared
01-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Your hockey teams suck, go avalanche!! HAHA :)

The Avalanche WERE a Canadian team, so I think that counts as not badmouthing, no?

Nixhex78
01-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey Jared! I know what you fear the most. You can't hide from the evil that be:

http://www.kapowgifts.com/acatalog/transformers-deceptacon.jpg

rascal
01-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Jared
The Avalanche WERE a Canadian team, so I think that counts as not badmouthing, no?

yeah I know that is the irony in my statement.

Jared
01-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Nixhex78
Hey Jared! I know what you fear the most. You can't hide from the evil that be:

http://www.kapowgifts.com/acatalog/transformers-deceptacon.jpg

You will always be thwarted by in fighting, my enemy. Too many factions want power for themselves. (Starscream in a particular, although the Constructicons are rather rebellious too).

Suck my energon cube, loser! :D

Nixhex78
01-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Jared
You will always be thwarted by in fighting, my enemy. Too many factions want power for themselves. (Starscream in a particular, although the Constructicons are rather rebellious too).

Suck my energon cube, loser! :D

Transformers! Robots in disguise!

Jared
01-26-2004, 03:35 PM
yeah I know that is the irony in my statement.

I know...hence my "Mr. Obvious" humor.....its hard to do that with the written word. It fell flat.

Jared
01-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Nixhex78
Transformers! Robots in disguise!

Optimus Prime: One shall stand, one shall fall.

Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly?

Optimus Prime: That's a question you should ask yourself, Megatron.

or how about:

Wreck-Gar: Yes, friends and now destroy Unicron, kill the grand poobah, eliminate even the toughest stains. Hurry, hurry, hurry, sale must end, rush right on down and test drive latest model with no obligation. New improved Junkion planet is sleek sexy import with turbo handling.

pikman
01-26-2004, 03:40 PM
How'd we go from beer to transformers? I understand going from beer to hockey, thats a natural transition, but transformers.

BTW Rascal, hockey is not the sport where they throw the big rocks down the ice at a target. :D

Jared
01-26-2004, 03:48 PM
How'd we go from beer to transformers? I understand going from beer to hockey, thats a natural transition, but transformers.

BTW Rascal, hockey is not the sport where they throw the big rocks down the ice at a target. :D

Well, you'd have to be pretty drunk to come up to think it was a good movie, so it seemed logical to me...

or maybe I am the drunk one.....

hmmmm.....beer........

orangenblue420
01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
I dont like beer of any sort, its nasty.....and it sucks cause after 9 thats all you can buy here....also its only 3.2 in Okla....anything higher has to be purchased in a liquor store (which again, closes at 9) None of which matters to me since I dont drink that p!ss water anyways....But its still weird.......

I cant believe how many beers are actually out there.....I saw this catalog that our restaurant gets and there must have been 100's to choose from....it was amazing....another thing that cracked me up was the way they had the beers listed, they had imports and they would say what country then anything else was domestic which means it was made here in the US, but all the beer that was made in Texas said Texas not domestic, kinda like texas was its own damn country...LOL (oh, i forget they think they are)

rascal
01-27-2004, 09:34 AM

Damn! All this time I've been wrong and didn't even know it. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well then, we throw rocks better than you do. :)

pikman
01-27-2004, 10:48 AM

Well then, we throw rocks better than you do. :)

Oh Ya there's no doubt about that. How's that glass house holding up anyway? :D

THE SHIELD
01-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Okay I guess I'll be the first to bring up SCHLITZ MALT LIQUOR!!!!! It's the BOMB!!!!!! On a for real, I don't drink much beer, all it does is make me fart and piss!

orangenblue420
01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by dhall26
Okay I guess I'll be the first to bring up SCHLITZ MALT LIQUOR!!!!! It's the BOMB!!!!!! On a for real, I don't drink much beer, all it does is make me fart and piss!

TMI :eek:

pikman
01-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by dhall26

Thought that was just an inherent trait of Chiefs fans.

palehorse
01-27-2004, 11:35 AM
I have been fortunate enough to try beers from all around the world, many in the countries they are home too. Guinness remains one of the better standby beers for all around enjoyment, especially meals. I also typically lean toward the Pale Ale and Lager varieties, as their depth make them a more versatile when it comes to cooking, and dining.

Another wonderful by-product is the tolerance that is gained by drinking a heavier, slightly higher alcohol content adult beverage. This comes in handy when some punk at the river wants to go toe-to-toe (or can to can, if you will) with some watered down pilsner. If they try to put me under the table with my choice of beer, they always go down hard. If they try with something that I use for washing my dishes, they go down even harder. :D

2 Minute Warning
01-27-2004, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rascal
[B]Talk about your favorite beer thanks to "Do you believe in God" thread. Kinda weird, but it got mentioned.

The "original Coors" was my favorite. I think we get a different Coors recipe sent to the east coast:( So I like Busch for it's crisp flavor:)

BlueDamsel
01-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Beer's yucky, drink vodka! ;)

palehorse
01-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by BeerGirl
Beer's yucky, drink vodka! ;)

Expand your palate, my dear one. Many beverages have unique qualities for every occasion. Are you a potato or grain vodka woman?

BlueDamsel
01-27-2004, 05:45 PM
I have tried expanding my palate. Actually, if I drink beer, it's typically Killians. If I drink it, then I've usually already gotten drunk off of vodka or rum. I learned about liquor at an early age & know the "rules" of drinking (no beer before liquor, eat greasy foods first, etc) (I grew up in Germany, so I have experienced a lot of different European as well as American beers)

heh...I also learned to just drink whatever is given to me...So long as it's mixed in something, I'll drink pretty much any kind. I have been known to take straight shots of vodka, but again those were just bought for me & handed to me.

palehorse
01-27-2004, 05:49 PM
my kinda girl. :D

Stick to grain vodka, when you are mixing it (it'll be smoother), and use potato vodka, for flavor; when you have a choice.

JayhawkBronco
01-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Bass

RunByDesign
01-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Bees Knees Honeywheat Hefewiesen (Roosters)

mmmm....

COOLTOOL
01-28-2004, 12:29 AM
We got some beer here in California (Humbolt Hemp Ale)... Pretty da*n good... It's even got Pot leaves right on the lable:D <-- Hey orangeblue420... I'm sure you would love it.

Jared
01-28-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by COOLTOOL
We got some beer here in California (Humbolt Hemp Ale)... Pretty da*n good... It's even got Pot leaves right on the lable:D <-- Hey orangeblue420... I'm sure you would love it.

I have seen that but have not tried it yet.

palehorse
01-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Gotta love those Micro Brews. For the upcoming Super Bowl Party, a buddy broght the following back from Utah: Polygamy Porter and 1st Amendment Lager.

orangenblue420
01-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by COOLTOOL

Well they are getting close to the perfect invention, they just need to make something other than beer out of it, like rum or gin (vodka used to be my fav but now it doesnt like me anymore :( )