Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

The Dark Knight
08-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs a team we should beat

- vs Scott Linehan

Of course we don't have to worry about the heat but let's hope we have a better start against the Rams then we did against Miami last year.

Anyone else thinks this first game looks familair?

OrangePeel
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Of course we don't have to worry about the heat but let's hope we have a better start against the Rams then we did against Miami last year.

now you're getting me nervous.
We SHOULD beat them handily, but i think the fact that there is no heat factor makes that a whole lot more of a reality.

Chicago-Broncofreak
08-11-2006, 04:21 PM
now you're getting me nervous.
We SHOULD beat them handily, but i think the fact that there is no heat factor makes that a whole lot more of a reality.
Well being on turf doesn't really make me feel good, either.

I think we'll be ready, though. They've got enough questions on D IMHO for us to exploit, and if we sick Champ on Torry Holt hopefully we can keep they're passing game subdued. Anyone have stats on hand of how/if Champ has matched up with Holt before?

Nomad Broncofan
08-11-2006, 06:00 PM
I think the first four games will be really tough for Denver. We can win them all but to start off with St Louis, ouch, they looked good last night. I know can't judge preseason from regular.

Lars7
08-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Good point! I hope it doesn't turn out like last year. That was embarrassing. Remember Scott Linehan was with the Dolphins last year.

tommy1986
08-11-2006, 06:10 PM
It will be a close, high-scoring game. Their offense scares me but their defense still does not. I think we come out on top though.

Jaws
08-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

If Bulger were to get injured then you could add Frerotte to the equation as well.

Freestyle
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
With the schedule we have we can't afford to lose this game.

broncos_mtnman
08-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

You forgot 11:00 am start time (MST).

I remember hearing last year before the opener against Miami that Shanny's record in Eastern Time Zone games is the worst of any other catagory.

Yes, it is starting to sound eerily familiar.

:shake: :shake:

TXBRONC
08-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Not having to worry about the heat and the humidity is a big plus.

Reidman
08-11-2006, 07:59 PM
I could actually see us losing this one.

Rams aren't bad and they can go on a tear when they are feeling good...

Plus, as someone else pointed out, turf is hard to play on especially with our running style..

WABronco
08-11-2006, 08:00 PM
I could actually see us losing this one.

Rams aren't bad and they can go on a tear when they are feeling good...

Plus, as someone else pointed out, turf is hard to play on especially with our running style..
They can score, but they strike me as being soft. Hopefully we can slap 'em around a bit.

Reidman
08-11-2006, 08:05 PM
They can score, but they strike me as being soft. Hopefully we can slap 'em around a bit.
They may be soft but with Bulger returning and healthy (mostly) and guys like Torry Holt and Steven Jackson, they will be a force to be reckoned with on their turf. Our D will really need to play their best game in that one, otherwise it could get ugly fast...

NameUsedBefore
08-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, this time around we don't have McCaffrey to catch-and-roll into the endzone, :D

RazR
08-11-2006, 08:17 PM
I met Steve Jackson this offseason (photoshoot for my magazine... he's a Vegas local), and I told him I am a Broncos fan and he was like "Yea, we face eachother in Game 1 of the season". And I said, "don't worry man... Game 2 will be better for your team".

:halo:

We shared a good laugh, but I hope I didn't light a fire under his ass, lol

VADER72
08-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Funny you say this. I was thinking the same thing tonightn watching the Lions game. I hope we learned from last year. But, maybe tonight helps in a way since it was in a dome and on turf.

Nick
08-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

I think it is not going to be a walk by game there new CB hill is looking good as well as there OL RB's and pass rush.

But hey Cutler can do it ;)

AsianOrange
08-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Cutler is not a starter yet. Jake is still the same QB that took the team 13-3.

Cutler goes starter and into the playoff, he's immediate shark bait.

Nick
08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Cutler is not a starter yet. Jake is still the same QB that took the team 13-3.

Cutler goes starter and into the playoff, he's immediate shark bait.

That is to to easy :laugh:

i won't go there.

(i would feel more comfortable with Cutler in the playoffs then Jake)

AsianOrange
08-11-2006, 09:11 PM
That is to to easy :laugh:

i won't go there.

HAHA, ok....I know its cliche but cmon, i hardly post!

WABronco
08-11-2006, 09:11 PM
They may be soft but with Bulger returning and healthy (mostly) and guys like Torry Holt and Steven Jackson, they will be a force to be reckoned with on their turf. Our D will really need to play their best game in that one, otherwise it could get ugly fast...
True......

tripleh
08-14-2006, 12:42 AM
I will be at this game, First row behind the broncos bench.... WOOO!!!!!!

Mile High Jedi
08-14-2006, 04:45 AM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road
- vs a new coach
- vs Scott Linehan

Well look on the bright side DKnight, if this game does play out the same way as our first game last year, maybe the Broncos will have a simliar 13-3 season too. :D

Seriously though, I think our chances are better in this game. The 1000 degree Miami heat won't be such a factor (as I recall, we had the game under control early but let them get back in it as time wore on).

And our ground game may not be as effected as people fear. Q. Griffen seemed to do pretty well on turf way back when. It's possible either Bell will do OK. Dayne did pretty well on turf against Dallas (at least I think Texas Stadium is turf)...

I say, let them play this one first before you "pencil in" one for the L column. Here's to a good game :beer:

Go Broncos!!!

tnedator
08-14-2006, 05:16 AM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Also on artificial turf. Not sure what our record was last year (can't remember if we played on it), but we haven't historically played well on artificial turf.

BroncoStampede
08-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Also on artificial turf. Not sure what our record was last year (can't remember if we played on it), but we haven't historically played well on artificial turf.

Ill take our chances in the dome compared to that stifling Miami heat and humidity. Plus Miami had an excellent defense which is why they won that game, and I dont see that caliber of defense in St Louis. I surely dont see St Louis putting up 35 on us either...

The Dark Knight
08-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Ill take our chances in the dome compared to that stifling Miami heat and humidity. Plus Miami had an excellent defense which is why they won that game, and I dont see that caliber of defense in St Louis. I surely dont see St Louis putting up 35 on us either...

You know, in that St Louis preseason game vs the Colts, the defense didn't look very talented but they did look pretty fast.

I think they did give Manning a little bit of the happy feet even though he was still able to make the completions.

Plummer might not fair as well.

I guess we'll just have to see.

The Dark Knight
08-28-2006, 02:21 PM

I don't think our team is built to take advantage of the speed artificial turf brings.

We don't have the scheme or personel.

Obviously we do have some fast guys but,

We always look alot slower out there then the opponents.

On a side note, I think Ashley Lelie would be a much better artificial turf player than the player he was when he was here.

jhns
08-28-2006, 02:29 PM
The turf MIGHT hurt our offense a little but our defense is built on speed and that means it will really help them. I am not real worried about this game. Like any other there is a chance we could lose but the Rams are not a good team right now and I don't see it being a huge problem to take them down.

Mount-n-Groan
08-28-2006, 03:05 PM
In a nearly related story...

The Rams lose their starting left guard for the season. Replaced by Incognito. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2563986)

Incognito??? :huh: What? Who? Where? I wonder who he really is. :D

Skywalker
08-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Don't scare me like that! :eek:

Bronco Timcat
08-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Anyone have shanny's record on opening weekend? Go look it up. The broncos will be fine in this one. Tatum is geared for turf. The Rams D-fence is soft like my grandma. Steven jackson is a legit threat but Im still not sold on thier QB. Broncos take it 28-10 ;)

runnerg26
08-28-2006, 10:12 PM
I think it'll be close, come down to the end, hopefully in the Bronocos favor.

JRWIZ
08-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Anyone have shanny's record on opening weekend? Go look it up. The broncos will be fine in this one. Tatum is geared for turf. The Rams D-fence is soft like my grandma. Steven jackson is a legit threat but Im still not sold on thier QB. Broncos take it 28-10 ;)

Right now were are on a losing streak in opening games.

I hope for a win but have this one down as a loss.

Javalon
08-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Yep, this one makes me nervous, too.

But we have two things going for us that we didn't last season:

1) No heat and humidity

2) Last year's opening day disaster to learn from

I think we'll pull this one out.

TXBRONC
08-29-2006, 05:43 AM
As always as long as the running game is working we will be fine.

Medford Bronco
08-29-2006, 06:06 AM
I don't think our team is built to take advantage of the speed artificial turf brings.

We don't have the scheme or personel.

Obviously we do have some fast guys but,

We always look alot slower out there then the opponents.

On a side note, I think Ashley Lelie would be a much better artificial turf player than the player he was when he was here.

So you think he should do well in Atlanta then. If Vick actually gets him the ball.

Medford Bronco
08-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Good points but I feel that our team because of last year will be better prepared for this. Shanny should be ready.

We need to run the ball. Remember last year Anderson got hurt and that pretty much ended the running game vs Miami. Then Champ got hurt and it was only 7-3 when that happened.

SmithOverTO
08-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Hmmm, let's see....

- On the road

- vs a new coach

- vs Scott Linehan

Miami has always had a good defense and 120+ degree heat on their side

WABronco
09-07-2006, 11:43 AM
My keys to this game are this:

Denver's Defense vs. Ram's Offense

Denver's blitzing and how it affects St. Louis's offensive playcalling...or vice versa.

Even with Orlando Pace, St. Louis has had problems for years with pass protection. Last year they ranked 27th in sacks allowed. They've also had an average to below average Adjusted Sack rate (sacks/pass attempts) for the last three years.

Point is, if Denver can get pressure on Bulger, with or without blitzing, I think that will minimize the damage in terms of your passing game. Add on top of that the fact that our top trio of corners had solid to decent numbers in the short and intermediate passing zones (as well as deep zones, but that's irrelevant if we get pressure on Bulger).

What's interesting though is that Linehan called for a lot of extra pass-pro during his time in Miami. He called for the most max-protect in the league, and he also ran a lot of 2 TE sets (both of which St. Louis currently has the personel for IMO). Whether that's a tendency of Linehan or only a result of the Miami offense is a relative unknown (although Miami had a top 5 adjusted sack rate).

Our DC, Larry Coyer, likes blitzing (quite a bit actually), and he called the most 6 and 7 man blitzes in the league last year. Coyer also brought blitzes from everywhere, as evidenced by the amount of times we blitzed either cornerbacks (5th most in the league) or safeties (Lynch tied for the team lead with 4 sacks). St. Louis will have to be on their toes in terms of pre-snap recognition and blitz pickup by skill players--either by the TE (rookie TE), RB (Jackson's no Edgerrin James), or maybe even a slot receiver in motion (Pittsburgh did this and it worked).

Stopping the intermediate and deep passing game

Getting pressure on Bulger seemingly isn't the only key, because I've watched the last few years of Seattle vs. St. Louis matchups...Bulger gets teed off on, but he still goes for 300 yards. Denver has a much better secondary (as well as a better group of coverage-LB's) than Seattle though.

Clogging up the intermediate middle part of the field will be key IMO. Torry Holt and Isacc Bruce have made a living off running 15 yard comeback/hitch routes in the middle of the field. Last year, Torry Holt ranked 15th in Medium pass%, and he was no. 1 overall in Medium pass success rate. Kevin Curtis, the no. 2 for most of the year after Bruce went down, was 30th in the league in Medium pass%, and he had an above average success rate as well. Marc Bulger threw the 6th highest amount of medium passes and he was the most accurate in the league on those routes. Before you say, "New Coach New Coach!" Know this...Linehan is and always has been a vertical-happy coach. St. Louis' receivers also have superb deep metrics...but our defensive backs match up well if you ask me.

In terms of deep coverage, Darrent Williams was by far and away our best guy. He ranked in the top 3 in deep coverage success percentage.

Champ Bailey and Domonique Foxworth were, for the most part, solid across the board in the deep and medium area.

Denver's pass D ranked 5th overall using DVOA, and had solid DVOA numbers against no. 1, 2, and 3 receivers as well as TE's.

Champ may again be left on an island against either Holt or Bruce, but that will allow Coyer to give extra help to either Darrent or Dom...which is a good thing if you ask me.

What's really surprising is how well our safeties covered the deep and medium zones. Sam Brandon, who primarily covered the opponents TE in the big nickel package (and it showed), was arguably the best cover safety in the league against deep and intermediate passes. He was also above average against short passes, but I don't think that's important for this game. John Lynch was not beat once deep last year in primary coverage, leading to his no. 1 overall deep coverage ranking. Lynch also featured a top 5 intermediate ranking. Nick Ferguson was also well above average in both areas.

Admittedly, neither starting safety has the athleticism or speed to be a true elite coverage safety. However, I think there's clear evidence that says that both guys can defend the pass within Coyer's scheme, and that's all that's needed. The numbers don't lie...

Given their elite speed and athleticism for the position, our linebackers are well equipped in coverage. DJ Williams suffered a bit of a falloff in coverage last year, but he's got the tools to be great. Al Wilson is clearly one of the best coverage 'backers in the league. Ian Gold put up a solid stop rate last year as well, but his strongsuit is shooting gaps and rushing the passer.

Defending against Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson is your prototypical starting back. He's big (6-2, 230), fast (4.45 coming out of Oregon State), and powerful.

However, he's been an inconsistent talent. He can be a force at times (179 yards against Jacksonville), or an utter embarrasment at times (less than 100 yards in two games vs. San Fran last year).

Every scouting report I've been reading (no, not ESPIN) points out that Jackson has below average vision and does not run with patience behind the line. According to Mediator12, Jackson led the league in negative yard running plays last year, and after film analysis of the team's pre-season games, he doesn't think they've improved much either.

This could play into our hands as well because, as we all know, Coyer's scheme calls for the DL to clog up lanes and fill gaps. If we can do that--get Jackson to string plays out or run to the wrong hole--I think our LB's can finish off any run and limit the Rams ground game as a whole.

Despite the presence of an elite talent like Orlando Pace, the Ram's offensive line ranks poorly in run metrics. Not one spot on the line averaged over 4.5 YPC. Both tackles are inconsistent, and the interior is made up of old-and-busted holdovers from the glory days. Not impressed if you ask me.

Denver's Offense vs. Ram's Defense

Denver passing against Ram's secondary

Key phrase: Physical mismatch.

Without even looking at the numbers, I believe our receivers are too much of a physical mismatch for the St. Louis DB's. Not one of their top 4 CB's are above 6 feet tall. If Javon Walker can get in a man coverage situation...look out. Rod Smith should be able to have his way with their corners, regardless of the size difference. And then, if Marshall is ready to go, you've got a monster in the slot against someone who's 5-10, 180. Utter carnage awaits!

If you want to read about the St. Louis pass defense metrics, I'd advise against it...it's ugly. Their top two corners in terms of stop rate are gone, and their replacements (Travis Fisher, Fakhir Brown, Jerametrius Butler) aren't much more impressive. I feel Butler is a legit starter, based off previous observation. But, go back to the physical mismatch. Anyways, last year, St. Louis had the 28th overall DVOA ranking against the pass last year, and they were the worst in the league against no. 1 receivers.

And, you may be asking, "well, if you're going to talk about physical mismatches with their DB's, what about Darrent?" My answer is this: when was the last time you saw either Torry Holt or Isacc Bruce get physical with a DB. Those guys are finesse as it gets. Not saying they're incapable, it's just not their game IMO.

Our receiving TE's (scratch that--receiving TE) are somewhat of an unknown/non-factor. If Scheffler's ready to be a weapon, he could be huge in this game. Brandon Chillar did not have very good pass defense metrics last year, although the addition in Corey Chavous may help significantly.

Oh, and don't worry, Jake's good enough to tear this D to shreds. :D

Denver run against Ram's defense

.......'nuff said.

Lol, just kiddin'.

As you all know, Denver had the best run blocking line in all of football last year. Many of us also think that the question who the starting RB will be is irrelevant...Denver runs the ball.

According to the numbers, Anthony Hargrove was the teams best run defender last year. Not surprising, as Hargrove is an athletic, big-bodied player who could end up being the "next one" at DE. He's very projectable. However, who are you going to take in a one-on-one back alley brawl? Matt Lepsis, or this Hargrove fellow?

St. Louis' offseason additions were made with the run defense in mind. Will Witherspoon, La'Roi Glover, and Corey Chavous are widely viewed as improvements. However, thanks to more analysis by Mediator, that may not be the case. La'Roi Glover is an obvious improvement, but the other two have been underwhelming thus far. Will Witherspoon has been a bit raw in his move to MLB. According to Med, Witherspoon looked horrible during his time in the pre-season. Corey Chavous is simply not an improvement over Adam Archuleta...especially in run defense. According to Football Prospectus, Chavous' physical skills are clearly eroding and he no longer has the range he once had. He's never been a stalwart in the box, defending the run. The two incumbents, Pisa Tinoisamoa and Brandon Chillar, are adequate against the run. Tinoisamoa is great in pursuit however, and will have to be sealed off on the backside of runs.

Their other starting tackle, Jimmy Kennedy, has been inconsistent or just bad throughout his career. He's a huge body, but he was sent to the bench frequently last year for poor play. If he continues to play poorly, he may find himself in Denver next year ( :D ) because this year is seen as a make-or-break year for him.

If you ask me, I'd like to see Tatum get the start for this game. St. Louis is a mistake-prone team on defense. You can't make mistakes against 4.3 speed. Regardless of who gets the start, I think we'll move the ball on the ground without problem.

WABronco
09-07-2006, 11:45 AM
cont...

Special Teams

Both teams have underwhelming return games.

We may have the edge in the punting game, even without Sauerbrun. Their punter had the lowest average punt yardage of the pre-season.

Elam and Wilkins are a wash, but Wilkins has kicked in that dome for a while now.

St. Louis' coverage units have long been below average. They ranked 23rd in punt coverage and 29th in kick coverage last year.

(please not Charlie Adams, please not Charlie Adams...)

Looking at just the matchups, I like our chances. If Denver can somehow limit that passing game, there's really no other obstacle IMHO (I'm not yet afraid of Steven Jackson and I dropped St. Louis D in my FFL in about 2 seconds after it was autopicked). Easier said than done, and many of us Denver fans have grown accustomed to trashing Coyer for his shoddy playcalling.

I must say however, I actually feel comfortable with Coyer's scheme going into this game. We'll see...

Overall keys:

1) Exploit their poor pass protection

2) Rely on your DB's to limit their specialized passing game

3) Rely on your front seven to do their job

4) Control the ball and keep their offense on the sidelines as much as possible

5) Take advantage of their poor ST's and win the field position battle

-----------------------------------------------------------

All righty. I wouldn't say I'm overconfident going into this game, but I do feel fairly comfortable considering the matchups.

For a real good scouting report, check out Med's. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=46242)

I tried to keep it as straight forward as possible, but if you need assistance understanding certain terms...go to footballoutsiders.com

Whadda ya think? Is this overly "CAPTAIN OBVIOUS"? By no means am I claiming to be some scouting expert...I just thought it'd be fun to give it a shot for once and make some theories. If you think I missed something, I probably did...just give me a holla and I'll try to fill it in as best I can.

BTW, I used material from both KC Joyner and Football Prospectus in making this report. I also borrowed a few quotes from all-aroud-good-guy Mediator12 from the Orange Mane.

hilife
09-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Very nice report :beer:

Edit: CP as soon as it will let me give you one

DURANGO BRONCO
09-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Excellent read, and analysis. CP on the way!

TheSportsGuru
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Nice analysis!!

Feel free to bring it over the the MHR as well....

WABronco
09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I would also add that the Rams DE's are obvious candidates for some bootleg trickery...Hargrove moreso than Little. Both guys are aggressive upfield rushers.

WABronco
09-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Feel free to add your own thoughts as well...

WABronco
09-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Bumpeeee

Agree, disagree?

chukardog
09-07-2006, 02:19 PM
how do you figure? I would say Seattle was clearly ahead of Denver in that category. The NFL rushing title, MVP, 24 TD's and a trip to the superbowl say Im right.

Domostick
09-07-2006, 02:24 PM
how do you figure? I would say Seattle was clearly ahead of Denver in that category. The NFL rushing title, MVP, 24 TD's and a trip to the superbowl say Im right.

And you have an elite back, while we have Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson, our scrubs got more yards than your elite.

cabroncofanatic
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM

Without even looking at the numbers, I believe our receivers are too much of a physical mismatch for the St. Louis DB's. Not one of their top 4 CB's are above 6 feet tall. If Javon Walker can get in a man coverage situation...look out. Rod Smith should be able to have his way with their corners, regardless of the size difference. And then, if Marshall is ready to go, you've got a monster in the slot against someone who's 5-10, 180. Utter carnage awaits!

very detailed breakdown of the matchups. kudos. what about the rams' pass rush? they were near the league leaders last season in sacks. our o-line's strength is run blocking, not pass protection - we'd have a lot more sacks if jake wasn't back there doin a great job evading the rush. they can dump plummer, maybe even cause a turnover. at the very least, consistent pressure will disrupt our pass attack.

whadya think?

jhns
09-07-2006, 02:49 PM

Well aren't you just the smart one. I would guess having the league MVP at running back makes up for some lack of blocking. Maybe that is just my logic though. I would say the fact that this same line has produced multiple no name 1000 yard rushers and been at the tops of the league in rushing the past 5 years makes them better.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Good Analysis. I agree with everything you've said. Pressure on Bulger is the key is this one. If he has time to throw, Holt and Bruce have time to get open. I don't care if your name is Champ or not, Tory Holt isn't a perrenial probowler for nothing.

I haven't really paid any attention to the Rams this preseason and was wondering how their new TE's looked? They took two (Klopfenstein and Byrd) back in the draft. neither of whom should be overlooked as a passing weapon especially if we are forcing Bulger to check down all the time.

cabroncofanatic
09-07-2006, 03:16 PM
also, some real-time factors would be useful, like injury situations. i know both holt and bruce are listed as "day-to-day", which means they'll likely play, but they may not be 100%.

a discussion of turnover tendencies would be good, too, since that's pretty key to teams' success.

dogfish
09-07-2006, 03:19 PM
damn WA, nice analysis homey. . . . :beer:

i just finished writing a thread myself, so i'm not gonna repeat a bunch of it. . . . suffice it to say, i think we can run the ball down their throats. . . . other than pace, i think our Dl matches up pretty well against their OL, hopefully we can get some pressure without sending the house, and be a little more selective with the blitz. . . i'm not down on the blitz like a lot of fair-weather fans who probably loved it all last year when we were dominating QBs like mcnabb and brady (twice!), but then freaked out when it failed us in one game. . . i think we NEED to blitz, we just can't get pressure without it-- but that doesn't mean you have to bring it every play, and i think we'd be wise to keep our safeties back as much as possible. . . . i think our LBs can handle jackson for the most part, especially if brown and warren are ready to go. . . .

great points about their corners, i also think that's a key matchup where we have a distinct advantage. . . can't wait to see javon do his thing! WOOT!

WABronco
09-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Please, if that's all you're going to bring, this is what I got to say to you:

NEXT QUESTION

Denver ranked higher than Seattle in adjusted line yards (average YPC that also takes into account defenses faced).

Our line also has the best group of individual run-blocking metrics. George Foster, our supposed weak link, had the lowest success rate at right around 84%. That's good enough to be the best success rate on other teams.

And, I'd also hedge a guess that Seattle's passing attack also had something to do with Alexander's production.

You can make an argument for either team, but I'd say the Denver pedigree puts them over the top...

WABronco
09-07-2006, 03:47 PM
very detailed breakdown of the matchups. kudos. what about the rams' pass rush? they were near the league leaders last season in sacks. our o-line's strength is run blocking, not pass protection - we'd have a lot more sacks if jake wasn't back there doin a great job evading the rush. they can dump plummer, maybe even cause a turnover. at the very least, consistent pressure will disrupt our pass attack.

whadya think?

Very true. They had a top 15 adjusted sack rate...they can definitely in their ears back and get after it. I am worried slightly about the Leonard Little-George Foster matchup. Foster has not shown he can handle a legit speed rusher...he's got the tools, he just hasn't done it yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to double team Little with Stephen Alexander.

I'm much less worried about the Hargrove-Lepsis matchup.

Personally, I think the 3-4 alignment gives us much more trouble than the conventional 4 man line, in terms of pass rush. I feel comfortable that we can handle Little...for the most part anyways. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember getting much trouble from a 4-3 outside of Miami (and even then, I think they swapped Taylor from down lineman to stand-up rusher quite a bit) on opening day. Granted, I don't have a perfect recollection either...

We'll see on gameday.

WABronco
09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
also, some real-time factors would be useful, like injury situations. i know both holt and bruce are listed as "day-to-day", which means they'll likely play, but they may not be 100%.

a discussion of turnover tendencies would be good, too, since that's pretty key to teams' success.
Did we not have the best turnover ratio last year? I'm not sure, but I know we only had one day where we were in the negative.

The Rams, on the other hand, had 8 games with at least a -1 in the turnover battle. Against the Giants, the had 5 TO's.

Bulger definitely likes to throw it around.

I'll do some more digging later...

WABronco
09-07-2006, 03:50 PM
damn WA, nice analysis homey. . . . :beer:

i just finished writing a thread myself, so i'm not gonna repeat a bunch of it. . . . suffice it to say, i think we can run the ball down their throats. . . . other than pace, i think our Dl matches up pretty well against their OL, hopefully we can get some pressure without sending the house, and be a little more selective with the blitz. . . i'm not down on the blitz like a lot of fair-weather fans who probably loved it all last year when we were dominating QBs like mcnabb and brady (twice!), but then freaked out when it failed us in one game. . . i think we NEED to blitz, we just can't get pressure without it-- but that doesn't mean you have to bring it every play, and i think we'd be wise to keep our safeties back as much as possible. . . . i think our LBs can handle jackson for the most part, especially if brown and warren are ready to go. . . .

great points about their corners, i also think that's a key matchup where we have a distinct advantage. . . can't wait to see javon do his thing! WOOT!

Compliments are greatly appreciated!

I think I'm going to do some add-on later tonight. St. Louis had one of the worst red-zone offenses in the league last year, and Linehan has historically coached a poor red-zone offense.

cabroncofanatic
09-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Very true. They had a top 15 adjusted sack rate...

i don't know what "adjusted sack rate" is, but i believe they had around 45 sacks last yr, or about 3/game.

Personally, I think the 3-4 alignment gives us much more trouble than the conventional 4 man line, in terms of pass rush. I feel comfortable that we can handle Little...for the most part anyways. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember getting much trouble from a 4-3 outside of Miami (and even then, I think they swapped Taylor from down lineman to stand-up rusher quite a bit) on opening day. Granted, I don't have a perfect recollection either...

i can't remember a game where jake was sacked a lot - he was only sacked at total of around 16 times. the only game against the 3-4 i can remember he had problems was the steelers game. the o-line handled the pats (2x) and the cowboys w/o too much trouble.

it'd be interesting to see a breakdown of how the line does against different d formations, not just sacks but also pressures/hurried throws.

MindField
09-07-2006, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=WABronco]My keys to this game are this:

Denver's Defense vs. Ram's Offense

Denver's blitzing and how it affects St. Louis's offensive playcalling...or vice versa.

Even with Orlando Pace, St. Louis has had problems for years with pass protection. Last year they ranked 27th in sacks allowed. They've also had an average to below average Adjusted Sack rate (sacks/pass attempts) for the last three years.

Point is, if Denver can get pressure on Bulger, with or without blitzing, I think that will minimize the damage in terms of your passing game. Add on top of that the fact that our top trio of corners had solid to decent numbers in the short and intermediate passing zones (as well as deep zones, but that's irrelevant if we get pressure on Bulger).

What's interesting though is that Linehan called for a lot of extra pass-pro during his time in Miami. He called for the most max-protect in the league, and he also ran a lot of 2 TE sets (both of which St. Louis currently has the personel for IMO). Whether that's a tendency of Linehan or only a result of the Miami offense is a relative unknown (although Miami had a top 5 adjusted sack rate).

Our DC, Larry Coyer, likes blitzing (quite a bit actually), and he called the most 6 and 7 man blitzes in the league last year. Coyer also brought blitzes from everywhere, as evidenced by the amount of times we blitzed either cornerbacks (5th most in the league) or safeties (Lynch tied for the team lead with 4 sacks). St. Louis will have to be on their toes in terms of pre-snap recognition and blitz pickup by skill players--either by the TE (rookie TE), RB (Jackson's no Edgerrin James), or maybe even a slot receiver in motion (Pittsburgh did this and it worked).

Stopping the intermediate and deep passing game

Getting pressure on Bulger seemingly isn't the only key, because I've watched the last few years of Seattle vs. St. Louis matchups...Bulger gets teed off on, but he still goes for 300 yards. Denver has a much better secondary (as well as a better group of coverage-LB's) than Seattle though.

Clogging up the intermediate middle part of the field will be key IMO. Torry Holt and Isacc Bruce have made a living off running 15 yard comeback/hitch routes in the middle of the field. Last year, Torry Holt ranked 15th in Medium pass%, and he was no. 1 overall in Medium pass success rate. Kevin Curtis, the no. 2 for most of the year after Bruce went down, was 30th in the league in Medium pass%, and he had an above average success rate as well. Marc Bulger threw the 6th highest amount of medium passes and he was the most accurate in the league on those routes. Before you say, "New Coach New Coach!" Know this...Linehan is and always has been a vertical-happy coach. St. Louis' receivers also have superb deep metrics...but our defensive backs match up well if you ask me.

In terms of deep coverage, Darrent Williams was by far and away our best guy. He ranked in the top 3 in deep coverage success percentage.

Champ Bailey and Domonique Foxworth were, for the most part, solid across the board in the deep and medium area.

Denver's pass D ranked 5th overall using DVOA, and had solid DVOA numbers against no. 1, 2, and 3 receivers as well as TE's.

Champ may again be left on an island against either Holt or Bruce, but that will allow Coyer to give extra help to either Darrent or Dom...which is a good thing if you ask me.

What's really surprising is how well our safeties covered the deep and medium zones. Sam Brandon, who primarily covered the opponents TE in the big nickel package (and it showed), was arguably the best cover safety in the league against deep and intermediate passes. He was also above average against short passes, but I don't think that's important for this game. John Lynch was not beat once deep last year in primary coverage, leading to his no. 1 overall deep coverage ranking. Lynch also featured a top 5 intermediate ranking. Nick Ferguson was also well above average in both areas.

Admittedly, neither starting safety has the athleticism or speed to be a true elite coverage safety. However, I think there's clear evidence that says that both guys can defend the pass within Coyer's scheme, and that's all that's needed. The numbers don't lie...

Given their elite speed and athleticism for the position, our linebackers are well equipped in coverage. DJ Williams suffered a bit of a falloff in coverage last year, but he's got the tools to be great. Al Wilson is clearly one of the best coverage 'backers in the league. Ian Gold put up a solid stop rate last year as well, but his strongsuit is shooting gaps and rushing the passer.

Defending against Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson is your prototypical starting back. He's big (6-2, 230), fast (4.45 coming out of Oregon State), and powerful.

However, he's been an inconsistent talent. He can be a force at times (179 yards against Jacksonville), or an utter embarrasment at times (less than 100 yards in two games vs. San Fran last year).

Every scouting report I've been reading (no, not ESPIN) points out that Jackson has below average vision and does not run with patience behind the line. According to Mediator12, Jackson led the league in negative yard running plays last year, and after film analysis of the team's pre-season games, he doesn't think they've improved much either.

This could play into our hands as well because, as we all know, Coyer's scheme calls for the DL to clog up lanes and fill gaps. If we can do that--get Jackson to string plays out or run to the wrong hole--I think our LB's can finish off any run and limit the Rams ground game as a whole.

Despite the presence of an elite talent like Orlando Pace, the Ram's offensive line ranks poorly in run metrics. Not one spot on the line averaged over 4.5 YPC. Both tackles are inconsistent, and the interior is made up of old-and-busted holdovers from the glory days. Not impressed if you ask me.

If you want to read about the St. Louis pass defense metrics, I'd advise against it...it's ugly. Their top two corners in terms of stop rate are gone, and their replacements (Travis Fisher, Fakhir Brown, Jerametrius Butler) aren't much more impressive. I feel Butler is a legit starter, based off previous observation. But, go back to the physical mismatch. Anyways, last year, St. Louis had the 28th overall DVOA ranking against the pass last year, and they were the worst in the league against no. 1 receivers.

And, you may be asking, "well, if you're going to talk about physical mismatches with their DB's, what about Darrent?" My answer is this: when was the last time you saw either Torry Holt or Isacc Bruce get physical with a DB. Those guys are finesse as it gets. Not saying they're incapable, it's just not their game IMO.

Our receiving TE's (scratch that--receiving TE) are somewhat of an unknown/non-factor. If Scheffler's ready to be a weapon, he could be huge in this game. Brandon Chillar did not have very good pass defense metrics last year, although the addition in Corey Chavous may help significantly.

Denver run against Ram's defense

.......'nuff said.

Lol, just kiddin'.

As you all know, Denver had the best run blocking line in all of football last year. Many of us also think that the question who the starting RB will be is irrelevant...Denver runs the ball.

According to the numbers, Anthony Hargrove was the teams best run defender last year. Not surprising, as Hargrove is an athletic, big-bodied player who could end up being the "next one" at DE. He's very projectable. However, who are you going to take in a one-on-one back alley brawl? Matt Lepsis, or this Hargrove fellow?

St. Louis' offseason additions were made with the run defense in mind. Will Witherspoon, La'Roi Glover, and Corey Chavous are widely viewed as improvements. However, thanks to more analysis by Mediator, that may not be the case. La'Roi Glover is an obvious improvement, but the other two have been underwhelming thus far. Will Witherspoon has been a bit raw in his move to MLB. According to Med, Witherspoon looked horrible during his time in the pre-season. Corey Chavous is simply not an improvement over Adam Archuleta...especially in run defense. According to Football Prospectus, Chavous' physical skills are clearly eroding and he no longer has the range he once had. He's never been a stalwart in the box, defending the run. The two incumbents, Pisa Tinoisamoa and Brandon Chillar, are adequate against the run. Tinoisamoa is great in pursuit however, and will have to be sealed off on the backside of runs.

Your making this much too complicated...the answer is to simply to score more points than the opponent :coffee:

cabroncofanatic
09-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Did we not have the best turnover ratio last year? I'm not sure, but I know we only had one day where we were in the negative.

The Rams, on the other hand, had 8 games with at least a -1 in the turnover battle. Against the Giants, the had 5 TO's.

Bulger definitely likes to throw it around.

I'll do some more digging later...

i think we were 2nd best around +20. cinci was 1st. i did some digging and the rams had 24 picks last yr, but more than half of those came from backup qbs who played half the games. bulger himself had 9 ints in 8 games. for comparison, jake had 7 picks all yr. so, as long as jake avoids the mistakes, we've prob got the advantage here, especially since we were more adept at picking off qbs than the rams: 20 ints vs 13.

JRWIZ
09-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Last year was last year they have a new coach because of last year.

The new guy may or may not have the same tendencies.

I hope your right but I have zero confidence that we can pressure bulger, without exposing our DB's to an overdose of HOLT and BRUCE.

I have ZERO confidence that coyer can stop the pass.

cabroncofanatic
09-07-2006, 07:03 PM
I hope your right but I have zero confidence that we can pressure bulger, without exposing our DB's to an overdose of HOLT and BRUCE.

and CURTIS. this is still a potent offense. denver's d will have it's hands full.

WABronco
09-07-2006, 07:11 PM
i don't know what "adjusted sack rate" is, but i believe they had around 45 sacks last yr, or about 3/game.

Adjusted sack rate=sacks/pass attempts faced

We faced a lot of pass attempts, and we didn't get many sacks. Therefore, our adjusted sack rate was quite poor.

It's a better indicator than just total sack numbers IMO.

dogfish
09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Your making this much too complicated...the answer is to simply to score more points than the opponent :coffee:

damn, really??! :O

well, thanks for providing THAT brilliant and insightful analysis, mr. williamson. . . . .

:rolleyes:

really provided some serious food for thought with that one. . . .

WABronco
09-07-2006, 07:20 PM

Hey MindField...good to see you drop by.

Tell you what, if you don't feel like adding anything constructive, just don't post.

BTW, thanks for the tip on outscoring the opponent. I'll be sure to add it to my original post later.

I apologize though. The goal of my post was to simply promote more in-depth discussion on Sunday's game--not to confuse. Again, you have my apologies.

SmithOverTO
09-07-2006, 08:05 PM
My keys:

Pressure, pressure, pressure. If we can pressure Bulger we will be in control throughout the game. Man...that's THE key.

If not...Bulger will pick us apart, A+ secondary or not.

Also...running game is essential this game but not all-mighty. If we get that going then we will win. Simple.

Running game and pressure. That's it.

Seamus
09-07-2006, 08:56 PM
JRWIZ has brought up my concern, when half of the front four have been out most of the pre season with injuries, poor performance overall on the pass rush from last year, I am concerned about any pressure that we may bring on Bulger. Instead of show me the money, show me the pass rush!

The running and bootleg should be interesting seeing how this goes. I agree we will see a lot of Scheffler, don't count out my adopt a Bronco Nate in some of those multiple TE sets.
I think M Bell gets the start, I didn't see a reason to change this from the AZ game since he and T Bell had about the same performance. Either one should do well as described above.

Other than that lot to read, presented well, thanks!

cabroncofanatic
09-08-2006, 03:54 PM
JRWIZ has brought up my concern, when half of the front four have been out most of the pre season with injuries, poor performance overall on the pass rush from last year, I am concerned about any pressure that we may bring on Bulger. Instead of show me the money, show me the pass rush!

interesting discussion of rams' o-line. check out the game forecast thread, too.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19488

watchthemiddle
09-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Teams that run the "max protect" on their offensive line we have BIG problems with on D. Hopefully, Coyer has a way around it this time. I won't hold my breath.

:coffee:

dare2bme
09-08-2006, 04:08 PM
At least our defense is better than it was in the 2000 game.

You know the year we lost 41-36?

I expect us to be able to keep them below 20 points with secondary and LB play. Funny how the discussion for defenses is all about the front 7 when our back 7 is stellar.

Anyhow, just my :2cents:

dogfish
09-08-2006, 04:44 PM
interesting discussion of rams' o-line. check out the game forecast thread, too.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19488

thanks for the link. . . . it gave me a good laugh-- couldn't resist sticking my head into their smack forum for a look-see, and the first thing i find is a thread by mr. archimedes owl. . . . . :D

old_school_44
09-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Steven Jackson is the key to the Rams Offense.

The 27th in league in the pass rush department is a little missleading since they have (of late) thrown the ball on almost every down.

The Rams have been struggling with their new coach's offensive system. If their head coach is smart they won't try to throw the ball all over the place until they get their running game going. This would also keep the Broncos offense off the field. However, most coaches make the common mistake and give up on their running game too soon.

BTW - I'm still not sold on the Broncos D line

Archimedes Owl
09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Great thread WA!!!:beer:

I really don't think that the Rams have much of a chance to slow down our offense unless we just have a bad day. Our passing attack is more than adequate against them and our run attack should give them lots of trouble. In my opinion, barring the team just not showing up at all, we WILL score points.

Their best chance at winning is scoring early and then scoring some more and then after that, scoring some more.

Their pass offense really is underrated despite their offensive line woes. I mean a 65% completion percentage is very good and they have a pretty darn good set of recievers.

I think that they don't have the best running game, so even if they can generate a lead, they won't be a pounding football team that can try to hold the lead. Their best bet would be to keep trying to score once they have the lead and to win in a shootout.

By the way, I invited the Rams fans to our board and none have come, but they were all cordial to me when I went there.

thanks for the link. . . . it gave me a good laugh-- couldn't resist sticking my head into their smack forum for a look-see, and the first thing i find is a thread by mr. archimedes owl. . . . . :D
Heh, yeah, I had to make a thread there. I mean, nobody had made one yet, so I felt obligated, but it was pretty mild smack and turned out to be mostly a debate.

By the way, WAB in my thread is WABronco. (That's right isn't it??)

dogfish
09-08-2006, 07:52 PM
yeah, that's him-- you can tell by the lynch avi, as well as the posting style. . . . some of his posts were more or less cut-and-pasted from this one, and why not? it's good stuff. . . and BTW, i think somebody has shown up from their board, unless rammerhammer just coincidentally popped up tonight. . . .

WABronco
09-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Great thread WA!!!:beer:

I really don't think that the Rams have much of a chance to slow down our offense unless we just have a bad day. Our passing attack is more than adequate against them and our run attack should give them lots of trouble. In my opinion, barring the team just not showing up at all, we WILL score points.

Totally agree AO...

By the way, WAB in my thread is WABronco. (That's right isn't it??)

Yea, that's me. I thought I'd drop by and check things out...

WABronco
09-08-2006, 08:04 PM
yeah, that's him-- you can tell by the lynch avi, as well as the posting style. . . . some of his posts were more or less cut-and-pasted from this one, and why not? it's good stuff. . . and BTW, i think somebody has shown up from their board, unless rammerhammer just coincidentally popped up tonight. . . .
Yea, that's where I started my little report thingy. I was like, "damn, this ain't so hard after all." So, I figured, what the heck...

BTW, Mediator12 (the scout/analyst guy who drops by occasionally but resides on the Orange Mane) has asked me to add a little "by the numbers" piece to his weekly scouting reports. So, I'll probably be doing that week-by-week. If you haven't gone over there to check out his reports, you should. There isn't one bland paragraph or one general statement (Uhemmm...ESPIN). You can tell, each point comes directly from some hardcore film study. It's a very good primer for gamedays.

dogfish
09-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Yea, that's where I started my little report thingy. I was like, "damn, this ain't so hard after all." So, I figured, what the heck...

BTW, Mediator12 (the scout/analyst guy who drops by occasionally but resides on the Orange Mane) has asked me to add a little "by the numbers" piece to his weekly scouting reports. So, I'll probably be doing that week-by-week. If you haven't gone over there to check out his reports, you should. There isn't one bland paragraph or one general statement (Uhemmm...ESPIN). You can tell, each point comes directly from some hardcore film study. It's a very good primer for gamedays.

i did check out the mane earlier this summer-- they never activated my account though, so i couldn't post over there. . . . :ugh: maybe i will pop by to read his piece, his TC reports were damn informative. . . .

WABronco
09-08-2006, 08:12 PM
i did check out the mane earlier this summer-- they never activated my account though, so i couldn't post over there. . . . :ugh: maybe i will pop by to read his piece, his TC reports were damn informative. . . .
He's knows his stuff...for sure!

Lorcust
09-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Random Thought/Hope:

You know how teams play with Vanilla gameplans during the preseason? Maybe Coyer was keeping up his traditional blitzing scheme in the preseason, since the players were familiar with it from last year, but practicing a different game plan during practices/TC.

He might be trying to add an element of surprise and maybe, just maybe, he'll show something that shows the ability to add pressure from our D-line. We might see some more sacks, and maybe, just maybe he will..... ADAPT.

Or I'm expecting too much from him. Either way, I just hope his shoddy game planning, when something doesn't work, doesn't rear it's ugly head when it matters most.

Birdo
09-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Random Thought/Hope:

You know how teams play with Vanilla gameplans during the preseason? Maybe Coyer was keeping up his traditional blitzing scheme in the preseason, since the players were familiar with it from last year, but practicing a different game plan during practices/TC.

He might be trying to add an element of surprise and maybe, just maybe, he'll show something that shows the ability to add pressure from our D-line. We might see some more sacks, and maybe, just maybe he will..... ADAPT.

Or I'm expecting too much from him. Either way, I just hope his shoddy game planning, when something doesn't work, doesn't rear it's ugly head when it matters most.

That sure would be nice...

Pisa
09-08-2006, 10:59 PM
A couple of the posts were really insightful, showing more effort at looking at the Rams than almost any of the national guys. Kudos especialy to WABronco and Mediator12.

The key to the game for me is the Broncos experience on both sides of the ball. The Rams aren't going to come up with any schemes the Broncos have not seen before and if the Rams have some success, the Broncos are very capable of making adjustments. The Rams have a new unproven head coach, a defensive coordinator who had bad defenses at New Orleans and a coaching staff that has never worked together. I just hope the Rams can follow Plan A and can't imagine them switching to Plans B and C, something I think the Broncos could do if necessary.

The Rams do have some advantages that give them a shot. They are home and nobody is sure what schemes they will use on offense or defense. They showed very little in the preseason. The Rams have a lot of talent among their starters, much more than the experts recognize. They are healthy everywhere except possibly at fullback where both Smith and Hedgecock were really hurting most of the preseason. Playing Houston in preseason exposed them to an offense similar in style to the Broncos.

Last year only Pace and McCollum played well on the offensive line. Timmerman played hurt all year and had his worst year by far, Nutten went out for the season and was replaced by Terrell who showed promise but made a ton of mistakes. Terrell was injured in practice and will be out for the year. Incognito is the starter there and he looks like he will be a good one. I hated the pick, the guy seems like a real jerk but he plays hard, is very intense and strong. Barron held out last year and didn't get to play until two others proved themselves useless. He has looked phenominal at times but made a ton of rookie mistakes. This is a very solid offensive line, especially pass blocking, but they have zero depth, not one sub I would feel even adequate. They were better than their stats last year. They often played with four wide, with deep drops by the qb and at least medium patterns by the receivers with no ground game.

Their skill players are top notch. Bulger, Holt, Jackson, Bruce and Curtis can be scary to most teams. Your team matches up well with three good CB's. Klopfenstein looks like he will be a solid tight end. The have used him strictly as an on line blocker so far but he has shown good hands on his few opportunities to catch the ball. Aaron Walker is running ahead of Byrd at the 2nd TE position. Don't know how they stand at FB. In one game Linehan used a different formation on every play without ever going to four wide. The offensive key for the Rams will be whether they can open some holes for Jackson. He can be a brutal guy to bring down if he gets into the secondary.

The personnel on defense is hugely improved but they were just awful last year. They rarely had the same guys in the secondary from game to game. This year it looks like they will go with Brown, Fisher, Hill and Butler at CB with Chavous and Atogwe a safety. All of those guys can tackle, something none of the secondary could do last year. Witherspoon has been much better than you guys indicated, the best MLB the Rams have had since Fletcher. Pisa continues to play well. Chillar is adequate at best but at least comes off the field in the nickel.

The Rams have had Little playing mostly on the right side in preseason though they plan to move him around. Hargrove is up around 280 at LDE, Kennedy and Glover have been the best Rams DT's in some time. Adeyanju and Wroten look like two very promising rookie linemen, Green and Fisk are decent subs.

I don't know what Haslett is going to do with this group. He has frequently lined up nine guys on the LOS and and blitzed 4 to 6. After watching the laid back defenses of Lovie Smith and Marmie, this is culture shock to me. I suspect he will be aggressive against Denver, blitzing a lot like Pittsburgh, counting on the secondary to play tight. It appears to me the Rams will be very disruptive at times but will give up some big plays.

I think the Rams will have to win the turnover battle to prevail here. Otherwise, Broncos 24, Rams 21.

Good luck this season after Sunday. Your team appears to have a real shot at the whole thing. It would take good health and some luck for the Rams even to reach the playoffs.

Elway
09-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Well here we are again folks. The whole season before us.. the highs the the lows.. the anticipation of not knowing what is going to happen...

so welcome to the First official game day thread of the Broncos 2006 season.

I look forward to interacting with all my peeps again.

Have fun and follow the COC

GO DENVER!! :duh:

Emancipator
09-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Here I am again, the second person to show up to the show. :D
Go Broncos.

This is going to be a great season. Hopefully, we will have many to join the postgating.

Bronco_f1
yeahh!!!! Go Broncos! :beer:

Bronco_f1
ahhh! Emancipator beat me to it! :D

T140
09-09-2006, 09:11 PM
9 minutes late i see!

:eek: so excited 'bout the season starting! yay!

Go Broncos! :salute:

Elway
09-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Here I am again, the second person to show up to the show. :D
Go Broncos.

E... that's my boy!!

Knew you'd be among the first to show here! :beer:

Emancipator
09-09-2006, 09:12 PM
ahhh! Emancipator beat me to it! :D
It's what I do. I'm fast just like formula one. ;)

:D

Elway
09-09-2006, 09:12 PM
9 minutes late i see!

:eek: so excited 'bout the season starting! yay!

Go Broncos! :salute:

Er.. um... we had technical difficulaties.. :rolleyes:

uh yeah that is right...

yuo do believe me don't you? :halo:

Elway
09-09-2006, 09:13 PM

I think you saw the light pop on next tomy name , so you knew it was coming :D

you're good like that!

Emancipator
E... that's my boy!!

Knew you'd be among the first to show here! :beer:
I'm on to help kick this thing off. Then get some sleep. Then come back in very early for the marathon until game time. :salute:

maruske845
emm

Great feeling to see this agian up agian

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Alrighty then. Let's start strong and play hard. I want to hear a pin drop in the Edward Jones Dome (take the crowd right outta it), unless of course it is the Broncos faithful whooping it up!

Emancipator
09-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Maruske in the house. See there....... I knew it would be worth staying up for. Haven't chatted with you in a long time.

Hello Horsepower :wave:

T140
Er.. um... we had technical difficulaties.. :rolleyes:

uh yeah that is right...

yuo do believe me don't you? :halo:

:thumb: sure i believe you! you're a moderator... they never lie! :P

Bronco_f1

I guess you are faster than me :ugh: . Ill get a plane :D

Elway
09-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm on to help kick this thing off. Then get some sleep. Then come back in very early for the marathon until game time. :salute:

Me too, start it up, say hi... and then crash and burn for a few hours... time to recharge for game day!!! One Sunday... three games = bliss! :D

Emancipator
09-09-2006, 09:19 PM
So how much will Denver win by today?

Not that it will be easy. They won't look past the Rams. It is going to be a tough game, but I think Denver will win 27-13.

Snk16
09-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Snk16 reporting for duty!

Time for the season to start, and I'm glad. Can't wait until the game. Let's kick some Ram @**!

RazR
09-09-2006, 09:34 PM
LET'S DO IT!!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute: :beer:

WABronco
09-09-2006, 09:48 PM
I Smelllll A Beat Downnnnnnnnnnn

sniperwolf
09-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Very xcited about the Game...
personally i am not so worried about that, we still have the great D that we had the last year, and i hope that plummer keeps the level that it showed in the last season.
as i read in some of yours avatars and messages, about the Rush we just need some one to get the job and go for 1200 yars in the season.
I think that Javon Walker will be very important, and Plummer will make more Bootleg passes to the midfield with Him.

Rams D is not an issue so i can see a nice score for the Broncos Tomorrow :coffee:

My oppinion

Regards.

Sniper

Elway
09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm as optomistic as the next person about tomorrow, but in the back of my head I remember what happened week one against the Phins when we went on over confident, that game was played on the road also.

The Rams are good, tomorrow we just need to show them we are better and ready for the season!

sniperwolf
09-09-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm as optomistic as the next person about tomorrow, but in the back of my head I remember what happened week one against the Phins when we went on over confident, that game was played on the road also.

The Rams are good, tomorrow we just need to show them we are better and ready for the season!

i was suffering for 3 weeks about that lost against the Phins last year.....

it is Scary but we have to trust..

Sniper

98Yards2Glory
09-09-2006, 10:15 PM
I think our DB's are going to get off to a great start against the Rams. Denver wins 31-10. It won't be like when I saw these teams play games in Anaheim, what with the watermelon heads and all that, But a Bronco win is a win.

sneakers
09-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I have an excuse for being 42 minutes late......I am at work.

I have to work until 7 am. Go to sleep around 10am, wake up at noon to watch the game....then back to bed.

Emancipator
09-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Well I'm headed to bed. I'm asking that you gals and guys to hold down the fort until I return. I should be back in about 5/6 hours. I''ll get some sleep so I can take this thread the final 5 hours til gametime.

See you all and have a great night/morning. :beer:

Go Broncos. :salute:

dogfish
09-09-2006, 11:02 PM
BRONCOS LOCOS!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

YEA BABY!! ALL THE WAY IN '06!!

:salute: :salute:

atomicbloke
09-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Finally, the offseason is over. No more endless 15 page threads on some trade rumor or draft prospect or Jake/Jay debates.

Finally, it's GAME TIME!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

The Executioner
09-09-2006, 11:46 PM
I got to go to church tommorow at 10:30 and hopefully I wont miss a lot of plays.

Jaws
09-10-2006, 01:05 AM
A good day to you all and may the Rams be sent to the butchers today!

:beer:

sneakers
09-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Alrighty then. Let's start strong and play hard. I want to hear a pin drop in the Edward Jones Dome (take the crowd right outta it), unless of course it is the Broncos faithful whooping it up!

Is that what they are calling it now. Last I heard it was called the "Kurt Warner's Wife Dome." Because the way the cameras used to focus in on her so much, you figured she owned the place.

Q-niverse
09-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Go Broncos!!! Here's to another fun and exciting season!!! :beer:

2 Minute Warning
09-10-2006, 05:27 AM
It's finally here! :beer:

Nomad Broncofan
09-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Yeap! We have a little frost on the windshields, the air is crisp, it's Sunday, and it's time for some Broncos football. It doesn't get any better than that. Definately, the cherry on top is a Broncos win. Good Luck BRONCOS!

Natemania
09-10-2006, 05:43 AM
4.15 hours to go....Cant wait :dance:
But I just can "watch" on game stats again, because nasn shows Atlanta vs
Carolina :rolleyes:

J-Red
09-10-2006, 05:50 AM
GO BRONCOS!!!!

IT'S FINALLY GAMEDAY!!!

Anyone else feel like streaking? :D

DenFanNPckrLand
09-10-2006, 05:59 AM
Does anyone but me feel like they're about to get a fix for their addiction? I've missed the Broncos since January. And I get to see the game today up here in Cheesehead land!! This will be one awesome day. Cold outside, can see your breath. Feels like it's time. With that in mind:

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BRONCOS FOOTBALL?!?!?!!?

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

rcsodak
09-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Well, if we can't bash, then what's the use...... :brick:

GO Jake!

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 07:01 AM
woohoo! Broncos season is here! :beer:

I'm ready for some football! :dance:

bronco30
09-10-2006, 07:03 AM
just over 3 hours away till the bell's roll...go broncos

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Goog morning everyone how the heck has everybody been :coffee:

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 07:16 AM
2 Hours, 45 minutes away... :D :D :D

I'm so excited!!

I don't get the game here, so I'll be a regular in here today..... :beer:

GO BRONCOS! :cheers:

Chimo
09-10-2006, 07:23 AM
GO BRONCOS!!!!

IT'S FINALLY GAMEDAY!!!

Anyone else feel like streaking? :D

Im already streching..... :D :beer:

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 07:31 AM
2 Hours, 45 minutes away... :D :D

I'm so excited!!

I don't get the game here, so I'll be a regular in here today..... :beer:

GO BRONCOS! :cheers:
Hey Run! Hey Lenny!
I have all my FF screens loaded! 1pm game here today! woohoo! TV is programmed to change to channel 710 at 1pm! :beer:

Natemania
09-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Goog morning everyone how the heck has everybody been :coffee:

Good morning is a good joke :D Here we have 4.35 pm ;)
But I wish it was 2,5 hours later :halo:

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Hey Run! Hey Lenny!
I have all my FF screens loaded! 1pm game here today! woohoo! TV is programmed to change to channel 710 at 1pm! :beer:

Nice to see you agine BroncFan, Rudy Game time is at 11:00 here im still on whiskey and coffee LOL :coffee:

Natemania
09-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Nice to see you agine BroncFan, Rudy Game time is at 11:00 here im still on whiskey and coffee LOL :coffee:

And here it is on 7 pm...good time to have a cold beer and some snacks :beer:

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey Run! Hey Lenny!

You get the game? :ugh:

Well, it's good for you. :)

I think I'm actually going to get about 6 or 7 of the games this year though, which isn't bad at all.

There's the Sunday night game at New England....

The Monday night game at baltimore

Sunday Night game against Oakland

(Those are actually 3 games in a row for us, in weeks 3, 5, 6)

There's a chance that we might play Sunday night again the rest of the weeks, because starting in Week 10, according to nfl.com, one of the Sunday games will move to Sunday night each week.

There's the Thanksgiving game on NFL Network at KC.

And there will probably be another game or 2 in there on CBS or Fox when the Jets or Giants aren't playing....

5-7 games isn't bad for Broncos Coverage in NJ, don't ya think?

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:40 AM
mmmmmmm cold beer :beer: yells at wife "woman bring me a beer"

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 07:44 AM
You get the game? :ugh:

Well, it's good for you. :)

I think I'm actually going to get about 6 or 7 of the games this year though, which isn't bad at all.

There's the Sunday night game at New England....

The Monday night game at baltimore

Sunday Night game against Oakland

(Those are actually 3 games in a row for us, in weeks 3, 5, 6)

There's a chance that we might play Sunday night again the rest of the weeks, because starting in Week 10, according to nfl.com, one of the Sunday games will move to Sunday night each week.

There's the Thanksgiving game on NFL Network at KC.

And there will probably be another game or 2 in there on CBS or Fox when the Jets or Giants aren't playing....

5-7 games isn't bad for Broncos Coverage in NJ, don't ya think?
Not bad at all! My hubby briefly contemplated the idea of getting rid of Sunday Ticket. Then he thought "Wait a second. I have a pregnant wife at home with no Broncos football....hmmm...maybe I should rethink that!" :laugh:

We have the Chefs/Bengals game on here locally today, along with the Falcons game, then the Bears game later on.:sick:
(Though I wish the Chefs game is on later-I'd like to see that one!

Natemania
09-10-2006, 07:44 AM

*rofl* dont forget that Im a woman too, so you dont have to yell :hammer: :D

champbronc2
09-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Please can I borrow someones streamTVnow thing! :brick:

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:46 AM
*rofl* dont forget that Im a woman too, so you dont have to yell :hammer: :D

been maried for 13 years yelling is the only way we comunicate :thumb:

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 07:48 AM
BAM! Beer beans biglenny on the side of the head. The beer busts open and spews all over the place.
Biglenny grabs his helmet, puts it on, grabs his hockey mit and yells "bad shot! Try again!" :goofy:

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Not bad at all! My hubby briefly contemplated the idea of getting rid of Sunday Ticket. Then he thought "Wait a second. I have a pregnant wife at home with no Broncos football....hmmm...maybe I should rethink that!" :laugh:

We have the Chefs/Bengals game on here locally today, along with the Falcons game, then the Bears game later on.:sick:
(Though I wish the Chefs game is on later-I'd like to see that one!

I've got the Jets at Tennessee, Philly at Houston, and Dallas at Jacksonville.

I'll probably have the Jets game on in the background today while I get the only coverage I can of the Broncos game online....

I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Alright, I'm going to head out for some breakfast, hopefully with enough time to catch most of NFL Countdown on ESPN....

:wave:

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:50 AM
BAM! Beer beans biglenny on the side of the head. The beer busts open and spews all over the place.
Biglenny grabs his helmet, puts it on, grabs his hockey mit and yells "bad shot! Try again!" :goofy:

WOW its like your sitting right here in my liveing room that is just spookey :O

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 07:50 AM
I've got the Jets at Tennessee, Philly at Houston, and Dallas at Jacksonville.

I'll probably have the Jets game on in the background today while I get the only coverage I can of the Broncos game online....

I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Me neither! I'm watching the NFL Channel now...switching to ESPN in 10 minutes. Wondering which games they will hype the most...likely whatever game TO is in...:coffee:

Natemania
09-10-2006, 07:51 AM
been maried for 13 years yelling is the only way we comunicate :thumb:

your poor wife :heh:
Is she Broncos grazy too ? :)

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Alright, I'm going to head out for some breakfast, hopefully with enough time to catch most of NFL Countdown on ESPN....

see ya later

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:52 AM
your poor wife :heh:
Is she Broncos grazy too ? :)

no but she is a big fan of the vacume cleaner during game time :brick: :D

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 07:55 AM
That's what the "Volume" button is for. Press the little "+" button to turn it up! :hammer:

Chimo
09-10-2006, 07:56 AM

did that really happen on the simpsons?

Natemania
09-10-2006, 07:56 AM
*rofl* I have to translate vacume cleaner first....Fine now I learnd a new english word :D .....Boah Im a wife too, but I really would "kill" her if she does that here during the game

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:57 AM
That's what the "Volume" button is for. Press the little "+" button to turn it up! :hammer:

I guess I should mention that I love the old lady very much and plan on being around to piss her off for many years to come :D

biglenny
09-10-2006, 07:59 AM
*rofl* I have to translate vacume cleaner first....Fine now I learnd a new english word :D .....Boah Im a wife too, but I really would "kill" her if she does that here during the game

finaly someone on my side ;)

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 07:59 AM
I guess I should mention that I love the old lady very much and plan on being around to piss her off for many years to come :D
But of course! Like Rudy, I am also a wife. It just seems natural to give ya crap. It means we like ya! :D

Chimo
09-10-2006, 08:00 AM

lol :idiot:

BroncFanIN
did that really happen on the simpsons?
I have no idea. :huh: But if not, they are more than welcome to use it! :laugh:

Natemania

your such a good guy ;)

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:01 AM
But of course! Like Rudy, I am also a wife. It just seems natural to give ya crap. It means we like ya! :D

Oh dont get me wrong im feeling the love :rolleyes: :D

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:03 AM
lol :idiot:

hey none of that :hammer: I need more whiskey

SmithOverTO
Morning all! Its so nice to see our team playing for real again! Been waaay to long.

Broncos 35, Rams 17.

Rams are going to learn why we went 13-3 last year!

Natemania
ok...I have to leave for an hour or a half....washing machine is waiting :rolleyes:

BroncFanIN
Oh dont get me wrong im feeling the love :rolleyes: :D
See?
Ooo! Countdown is on! Gotta see if Steve Smith and TJ Whosyourmomma is gonna play today!

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:04 AM
ok...I have to leave for an hour or a half....washing machine is waiting :rolleyes:

yea get to work woman :D

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Dang it! Mine to! I'll be back in sec...gotta dry the first load and load the second...

dogfish
09-10-2006, 08:06 AM
WOOOOOOO!!!!

few hours to kickoff. . . . my fridge is full of beer. . . . now it's time to go cook some chili-- YEA BABY!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
:rockon::rockon:

Chimo
09-10-2006, 08:06 AM
I have no idea. :huh: But if not, they are more than welcome to use it! :laugh:

lol good point :beer:

Jaws
09-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Nice to see some familiar faces in here again.

I just have one thing to say:

RAMS RECH!

Chimo
09-10-2006, 08:09 AM
hey none of that :hammer: I need more whiskey
:idiot: :idiot: :idiot: lol......haha ;)

biglenny

RAMS RECH!

Jaws how are you :beer:

SmithOverTO

RAMS RECH!

Kind of reminds me of going back to school. Everyone gets together, shares wild stories, and beats the crap out of an NFC West team :hammer:

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:10 AM
:idiot: :idiot: :idiot: lol......haha ;)

ohhhh! thats it its on now im gunna im gunna well hmmm ill think about it over more whiskey

Chimo
09-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Kind of reminds me of going back to school. Everyone gets together, shares wild stories, and beats the crap out of an NFC West team :hammer:
yea......good times....good times... :D

Jaws
09-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Jaws how are you :beer:

Very excited for the game of course. How have you been?

Sadly I can only drop in for five now as I promised to go watch ahem.. I don't know how to say this in a thread like this as it's a dirty word ..ahem.. soccer :heh: with my son. His team is playing on tv for once and he's very excited. Gotta be the dutiful mother and spend some time with my kiddo.

Be back in time for the game though :D

Chimo
09-10-2006, 08:12 AM
ohhhh! thats it its on now im gunna im gunna well hmmm ill think about it over more whiskey

rotfl.... :idiot: damn that age limit :hammer:

CinnaMunMun
09-10-2006, 08:13 AM

Sadly I can only drop in for five now as I promised to go watch ahem.. I don't know how to say this in a thread like this as it's a dirty word ..ahem.. soccer :heh: with my son. His team is playing on tv for once and he's very excited. Gotta be the dutiful mother and spend some time with my kiddo.

I noticed you name isn't in all caps anymore Jaws! :D

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Sounds like a demotion.

biglenny

well soccer hu? Its all good its important to be the good mom and on that note I got to watch my boys beat up on some poor kids in their football game yesterday

SmithOverTO

Nice to see you, Jaws. But soccer isnt a dirty word. I fell in love with the sport of the world over the summer. But I must say if your son is on TV, either he is a helluva player or you guys are in a very local market. :D

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Everyone please excuse me, but

What's up Biglenny?

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a demotion.

finaly the mighty EMANCIPATOR arives

Jaws
09-10-2006, 08:17 AM

Very observant, not by choice, but it just happened this way.

Some very strange things happened a couple of days ago, it was related to the Broncoscountry site. Anyway without going into too much detail, it played havoc with my username and I was able to do allsorts of things like change my own username however many times I like. I went through such names as "Raiders Rech", "Who am I" and even changed my name to "Admin" for a while, before Steve stepped in and fixed it for me. In the process, I went from ALL CAPS back to lower case, but at least I'm Jaws once more.

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah I was on this morning early.

Then I had to make breakfast for the wife..........It's her birthday. She's getting old. Not like me....time is standing still for me. :D

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:18 AM
how was your off season Eman

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:19 AM
hey yall!!!

does anyone know if the game is gonna be on stream to now??

:confused:

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:20 AM
how was your off season Eman
It was a long one, but I'm blessed.

Really good to see you. How is the other half treating you? :paper:

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah I was on this morning early.

Then I had to make breakfast for the wife..........It's her birthday. She's getting old. Not like me....time is standing still for me. :D

I tried to stay up for the 12:00 gameshow thred but just couldnt hang seems that age is catching up with biglenny :brick:

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:21 AM
It was a long one, but I'm blessed.

Really good to see you. How is the other half treating you? :paper:

Oh I have her under control :heh:

Jaws
09-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Nice to see you, Jaws. But soccer isnt a dirty word. I fell in love with the sport of the world over the summer. But I must say if your son is on TV, either he is a helluva player or you guys are in a very local market. :D

Glad to see another soccer fan here. I'm a big allround footie fan, the American and European sort. My soccer team Liverpool lost badly to their local rivals yesterday so I'm looking forward to the Broncos cheering me up.

As for my son, as much as I'd like to say that I am a proud soccer mum and that he plays in the Premiership, I'm afraid that what I promised was to go watch soccer with him, not watch him play lol.

Anyway gotta go now. See everyone later :wave:

Jaws
09-10-2006, 08:22 AM
hey yall!!!

Just checked the calendar at you know where and it said it was going to be on channel 11. I don't know if it will be on the Viidoo place as well :beer:

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:22 AM
hey yall!!!

Hello Anton.

Great to see you. :salute:

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:23 AM
This is for some of you to check your tv listings.

http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Just checked the calendar at you know where and it said it was going to be on channel 11. I don't know if it will be on the Viidoo place as well

:kiss:

IM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

:shake::shake::shake::shake:

Snk16
09-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Let this season commence! :fight:

Let's go Broncos!

Just a reminder, anyone who doesn't get hte game, and has AIM is welcome to join the Broncos gameday chat, simply just post in the thread.

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Hello Anton.

Great to see you. :salute:

hey lover...

:P

im gonna stay up for this...

it starts at 3 am my time...

:ugh:

i got work tomoz...

but i dont care!!!

:dance:

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:25 AM
welcome anton :beer:

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi E! Nice to see you! Got your FF roster all set?;)

SmithOverTO
09-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey E, how about your suspiciously accurate players of the game? :D

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Let this season commence! :fight:

Let's go Broncos!

Just a reminder, anyone who doesn't get hte game, and has AIM is welcome to join the Broncos gameday chat, simply just post in the thread.
Hi Snk! :beer:

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi E! Nice to see you! Got your FF roster all set?;)
Yep........I plan on gearing up to take the big bean down.

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Hey E, how about your suspiciously accurate players of the game? :D
SmithOverTO,

I think today is going to be a day for Al Wilson. And all last season I never picked Jake Plummer but I'm going with Jake today. Still look for the Bells to do their things.

Wilson and Plummer Players of the Game :salute:

Snk16
09-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Hi Snk! :beer:
Glad to be here. :beer:

I'll be more active in this thread more towards gametime. :beer:

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:30 AM
welcome anton :beer:

hey lenny!!!

who be you??

you a ram lover??

:eek:

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:31 AM
SmithOverTO,

I think today is going to be a day for Al Wilson. And all last season I never picked Jake Plummer but I'm going with Jake today. Still look for the Bells to do their things.

im jumping gun and saying javon with 7 catches for over 100 yrds and a TD...

SmithOverTO
09-10-2006, 08:32 AM
SmithOverTO,

I've got Ian Gold and Javon Walker.

And the question of the year: Who is punting? Ernster?

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:33 AM
SmithOverTO,

Ill be looking forward to that I need to see a rompin today :beer:

anton...
I've got Ian Gold and Javon Walker.

And the question of the year: Who is punting? Ernster?

champ...

im sure he could punt if need be...

Emancipator
hey lenny!!!

who be you??

you a ram lover??

biglenny is one of the good guys.........huge Bronco fan.

One of the first game day people. Normally shows up for game day threads.
My bud.........so you'll like him to Anton. :beer:

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:34 AM
I see it's more crowded in here now than it was 45 minutes ago. :)

Hi E!!! :wave:

Hi Jaws :wave:

Hi anton :wave:

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:35 AM
hey lenny!!!

who be you??

you a ram lover??

oh oh lennys getting upset :hammer:

BroncFanIN
Yep........I plan on gearing up to take the big bean down.
The big bean?:huh:

AsianOrange

Hi E!!! :wave:

Hi Jaws :wave:

Hi anton :wave:

ahem, where is my shoutout?

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:36 AM

:heh: Didn't see ya there AO ;)

How've you been?

Oh, and Hi! :wave:

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:36 AM

Hi E!!!

Hi Jaws

Hi anton

r:

WAAAAAAZUP!!!!

:shake:

i havent been this excited since i ate too much watermelon and got all gassy....

worth every second though!!!

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:37 AM
oh oh lennys getting upset :hammer:

ram

ram

ram

:laugh:

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:38 AM

WAAAAAAZUP!!!!

i havent been this excited since i ate too much watermelon and got all gassy....

worth every second though!!!

What time is it where you are anton?

BroncFanIN
Hi AO! :wave:

biglenny
its sure gunna be fun to see how javon holds up

Emancipator
09-10-2006, 08:39 AM
The big bean?:huh:
I figure if you are carrying the little bean then you must be the big bean. << and will get bigger. :laugh:

Hello Run YOu Over

Snk

Asian Orange.

AsianOrange
I'm doing well, hopwfully better after 3 pm CDT whent he Broncos get that very important first win.

I would also note that the Broncos finished 13-3 last year after getting humiliated the first game last year in Miami. So no worries, IT'S STILL EARLY!!

anton...

hey AO!!!

who is your pick for player of the game??

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:40 AM
I figure if you are carrying the little bean then you must be the big bean. << and will get bigger. :laugh:

Hello Run YOu Over

Snk

Asian Orange.

How've you been? :beer:

Excited to be part of another gameday thread?

AdamantiumBronco
Hi guys, sure will be an awsome day! even tho im stuck with the chiefs game ill be on nfl.com tracking the game. :beer:

anton...
What time is it where you are anton?

1:39 am...

sleep is for the weak!!!

Broncosfreak_56
Im so excited for this game!! Lets kickoff!!! :brick: :brick: :brick: Whoo yea! :D

BroncFanIN
its sure gunna be fun to see how javon holds up
Same here! I wanna see the D get some pressure!

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:41 AM

sleep is for the weak!!!

So let's see that would make it..... 3 AM when the game starts....which means it'll be about 6 AM when the game ends.......Are you going to be on here the whole time? :eek:

Broncosfreak_56

sleep is for the weak!!!

...or the smart ;)

SmithOverTO
I'm doing well, hopwfully better after 3 pm CDT whent he Broncos get that very important first win.

I would also note that the Broncos finished 13-3 last year after getting humiliated the first game last year in Miami. So no worries, IT'S STILL EARLY!!

yep we've got kc next week which means 20 point win :D

anton...
Same here! I wanna see the D get some pressure!

i just want some BRONCO FOOTBALL!!!!

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:42 AM
yep we've got kc next week which means 20 point win :D

Don't talk too soon! :sick:

SmithOverTO
09-10-2006, 08:42 AM

sleep is for the weak!!!

As my old CO used to tell me: Sleep's a habit and you can break it.

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:43 AM

sleep is for the weak!!!

I got to spend sometime in sydney when I was in the navy to much to do there to sleep :beer:

SmithOverTO
Don't talk too soon! :sick:

Sorry :brick:

anton...
So let's see that would make it..... 3 AM when the game starts....which means it'll be about 6 AM when the game ends.......Are you going to be on here the whole time? :eek:

anything for you...

BABY!!!

but yeah...

why not...

i mean i joined this board to follow the broncs..

and now im here...

but i will be regretting this tomoz...

BUT FOR NOW I DONT CARE!!!

Emancipator
I've been doing great.

I can't wait til the game in 1hour and 18 minutes.

Should be a great game. I'm looking forward to seeing us play those fast Rams.

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:44 AM
As my old CO used to tell me: Sleep's a habit and you can break it.

that guy is a msart guy...

and the broncos are a worthy habit breakers....

:thumb:

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:45 AM
anything for you...

BABY!!!

but yeah...

why not...

i mean i joined this board to follow the broncs..

and now im here...

but i will be regretting this tomoz...

BUT FOR NOW I DONT CARE!!!

You'll enjoy it.

What got you into the Broncos anyway? :confused:

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:45 AM
I got to spend sometime in sydney when I was in the navy to much to do there to sleep :beer:

:salute:

DAMN RIGHT!!!

i see those navy folks around on fri and sat night at 4 am in the city..

mostly nice guys...

when did you come?!?!

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 08:48 AM
*sigh* Anyone who has TJ Hoshmazolli on their team...he's not playing today! :mad:

anton...
You'll enjoy it.

What got you into the Broncos anyway? :confused:

well i have meny rellies in america...

i go and visit every second year...

i went last year...

and im coming out again this year..

but this time alone...

and IM GOING TO A BRONCOS GAME HOPEFULLY!!!

and well my cousin is a huge montana based bronco lover...

he got me into it bakc in 2001...

and ive never looked back...

it took me a hwile to build up real interest but now im looooving it!!!

biglenny
:salute:

DAMN RIGHT!!!

i see those navy folks around on fri and sat night at 4 am in the city..

mostly nice guys...

when did you come?!?!

would be about 1992-93 sidney once went to the rocks oh man that was sweet and then perth also a very good time

BroncFanIN
09-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Not one mention of the Broncos on ESPN... :brick:

SmithOverTO
09-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Not one mention of the Broncos on ESPN... :brick:

Listening to Countdown on ESPN Radio. Lot of Bronco talk. Ishmael says Cutler will start by Week 10

Natemania
09-10-2006, 08:51 AM
ok Im back again :wave:
man I put so much shirts and jeans and socks...out of my wachine machine I swear I have never bought all that :rolleyes: ...

.....So but now Im really ready for some great Broncos Football with a Plummer to Jackson TD catch in the first half :rockon: :D

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:52 AM
would be about 1992-93 sidney once went to the rocks oh man that was sweet and then perth also a very good time

i wanst even alive then...

and yeah...

the rocks are good...

but darling i make it AWESOME!!!

biglenny
09-10-2006, 08:53 AM
ok Im back again :wave:
man I put so much shirts and jeans and socks...out of my wachine machine I swear I have never bought all that :rolleyes: ...

.....So but now Im really ready for some great Broncos Football with a Plummer to Jackson TD catch in the first half :rockon: :D

welcome back Rudy :beer:

SmithOverTO
09-10-2006, 08:54 AM

and yeah...

the rocks are good...

You werent alive in 1993? :eek:

BroncFanIN
Listening to Countdown on ESPN Radio. Lot of Bronco talk. Ishmael says Cutler will start by Week 10
Nice :beer: I think I'll switch over to CBS here at noon.

My stud WR is not playing today :cry:

biglenny

and yeah...

the rocks are good...

Ill bet you do ;)

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:55 AM
1 hour.... 10 minutes...... :D

eaglebronco
09-10-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm back and ready :)

Go bronc's!!!!!Go hard and stay injury free..

anton...
09-10-2006, 08:57 AM
You werent alive in 1993? :eek:

did i stutter?

i dont think i did...

Natemania
09-10-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm back and ready :)

.....and stay injury free..

Oh yes...your word in gods ear

anton...

:dance: :dance: :dance:

BroncFanIN
:beer: :beer: :beer:

RunYouOver
09-10-2006, 08:59 AM
did i stutter?

i dont think i did...

It says on your profile December 2, 1987.

That's before 1993, isn't it? :confused: