PDA

View Full Version : your view of the jaguars!!!!!!! (by my bro. 10 yr old jag fan)

bronx_2003
02-11-2004, 01:06 PM
What do you think of the jags chances next year??? will leftwich be able to carry the team?

also, what do you think the jags need to improve on????

i think they need a FA OLB and to use there top draft pick on a WR.

rascal
02-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by jdslick
I haven't followed them too closely, but I do think that they're making a big mistake by not using and then getting rid of Mark Brunnell.

using then losing? Not sure what that means.

It's obvious he wants out and they want him out. If they can trade him instead of releasing him that would best for them.

bronx_2003
02-11-2004, 01:12 PM
(jags fan) - One thing jags arent making a mistake because leftwich is younger and better.Jags are getting loads of money because they have cut Brunell.

rascal
02-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by jdslick
SImple, it means it's a mistake to have him on the bench and a bigger mistake to get rid of him. He only wants to leave, because he wants to play.

I disagree. They have leftwich and mark doesn't want to play so why not trade him and get something for him instead of wasting money by releasing him as a cap hit or having him ride the bench. I'm assuming you think he should start, but it is apparent that he will never start there again unless leftwich gets injured, so why keep him at that outlandish salary?

Elway
02-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Brunell came out... he could pass and scramble they compared him to Steve Young... now they can compare him to Steve Old.

Leftwich was the way to go if they want to start improving.

Elway
02-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Highly doubtful... given a few years Leftwich will re-write the Jags recordbook. Brunell hasn't done much for thw Jags the last three years.

quarterback1426
03-07-2004, 08:11 PM
If losing Brunell will hurt them so much, then why wasn't Brunell the starter this past year? Leftwitch showed that he can handle the load, and may turn out to be an above-average NFL QB