PDA

View Full Version : O'Neal at WR?

Beretta 07
02-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeah so... I heard somewhere that O'Neal won't be playing CB anymore. Instead, he'll be playing at WR next year. Anybody know if this is a legit statement? If they DO do that, I think it's a bad call. Denver's secondary is pretty weak and Deltha is one of the few links that hold it together.

muse
02-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Deltha is far too inconsistent at CB to be considered there. And with MarTay Jenkins coming in as WR/KR/PR his time here could be coming to an abrupt end.

Beretta 07
02-14-2004, 11:06 AM
alright then.. thanks

dandaman23
02-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by muse
Deltha is far too inconsistent at CB to be considered there. And with MarTay Jenkins coming in as WR/KR/PR his time here could be coming to an abrupt end.

Deltha O'neal had a terrible year and yes he was very inconsistent but he is a really good CB, he had an off year this year. I believe if we give him one more shot, he will do great this upcoming year. I dont want us to release him and see him go to another team and do great, kind of like what happend with Tyrone Poole and the Patriots.

And Berreta Shanahan was just trying him out at WR, I dont think he was ever really going to move there for good, I know I saw him in there at offense in one of the games this past season.

DarKliger
02-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Shanahan screwed up.And robbed a year fron Deltha he had a few bad games so he yanked him.Plus i didnt see to many bad plays from him the only one that really comes to mind is the last minute TD from the New England game.(Shivers in disgust)

BroncClaymore
02-17-2004, 04:21 AM
O'Neal was a class player - Everyone agree? Good
O'Neal still IS a class player? - What do you say to that?
I personally think this guy is talented and should be allowed the oportunity to keep going. After this near disasterous year in his career i think he is going to work extra hard in training camp and proove his worth. I dont want to see ANOTHER 1st round pick go down the drain!

PS - On the Madden Update they have allready moved him to WR on the PC version!

Beretta 07
02-18-2004, 11:07 AM
He just had a bad year... I think he should still have another shot.

BroncClaymore
02-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Ditto, but dont keep him in if he begins to show signs of screwing up. BUT, if it ends up like a Warner - Bulger situation, then stick with whats working. Walls and Herndon are doing fine from what iv heard. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

EddyMac87
02-20-2004, 11:22 PM
i can see why yall are mad about deltha going to WR, i am a little also, but you cant blame mike. Even though Deltha was are biggest playmaker at cornerback but he also let up too many big plays and i like Walls and Herndon. Their both young and will get a lot better.

PRBronco
02-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Oneal is a liability, he should be traded or released, we shouldn't even bother with this WR garbage. Did you see the New England game? Oh my god, he was terrible. Yes, he used to be solid, i have no idea what happened to him

plummer16
02-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by BroncClaymore
After this near disasterous year in his career i think he is going to work extra hard in training camp and proove his worth.

This is exactly what everybody said last year, and look what happened! We need to rid ourselves of him, trade him for a 5th round pick.. anything. He might become a decent DB... but he will never become anything in Denver now.

bronco_head
02-26-2004, 01:11 PM
I think they should give him a chance.We all seen what he can do,yes he had a bad year but lets not give up on him yet.With Bailey on his way over I think oneal will play better.Just think oneal and bailey playing across from each other.I think oneal will step up his game with champ in town.It just might happen.Two shut down corners on one team.

HowardGriffith
03-03-2004, 12:23 AM
In that same monday night game against the Patriots, O'neal returned a punt for a td to take the lead in the game. Was'nt it just 2 years ago he had 9 interceptions? The whole team only had 9 last year. Shanahan must not like him, cause the talent is there, he is just on too short of a leash.

quarterback1426
03-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by DarKliger
Shanahan screwed up.And robbed a year fron Deltha he had a few bad games so he yanked him.Plus i didnt see to many bad plays from him the only one that really comes to mind is the last minute TD from the New England game.(Shivers in disgust)

I watched every Bronco game (and i think Deltha is the best), but i saw him make a lot of mistakes and get burned pretty bad a few times. And as for WR, he just can't catch. He also can't hold onto the ball, which is why he got yanked at PR.