PDA

View Full Version : Rich just keep on getting richer!

rcsodak
02-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Is it just me, or will the Yankees, if they get A-Rod, be the highest scoring team in the history of baseball?
Holy *****!!!
$190 MILLION Payroll!
My poor Cinci Reds are about $45million in the hole.
Maybe Yanks should acquire Jr. Then just practice all season long to prepare for the World Series.

orangenblue420
02-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by rcsodak
Then just practice all season long to prepare for the World Series.

We already do :D

Yeah george just has more money than he knows what to do with, my suggestion is Bowlen needs to hook up with george and george can slip him some cash so we can slip it to our players, keep it off the books for cap purposes and save the rest to pay the refs to wear the same glasses they were wearing during our game at KC :D

Jared
02-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by rcsodak
Is it just me, or will the Yankees, if they get A-Rod, be the highest scoring team in the history of baseball?
Holy *****!!!
$190 MILLION Payroll!
My poor Cinci Reds are about $45million in the hole.
Maybe Yanks should acquire Jr. Then just practice all season long to prepare for the World Series.

Well, only if they stay healthy. And the bigger if is their pitching.

Its like the Lakers coming into this season...."oh, they're going to win 75 games!" All you need are some key injuries and that screws everything up. Basball has larger rosters, so that 1 or 2 injuries has less effect, but championshisp aren't guaranteed. And I am a Lakers fan!

And if you think good pitching and defense isn't more important than a murderer's row of offense, look at the last 2 World Series champs, The Angels and the Marlins, who had superb pitching performances when needed and played solid defense. The Yankees lost a sure fire HOFer (Clemens) and a guy who was the soul of their pitching staff (Petite). He may also get to the HOF if he wins about 75 more games, which he can do in 4 or 5 seasons. That's a lot of quality pitching to give up, no matter how much you can score.

Don't believe me, ask the Rangers, A-Rods old team.

I hope the Yankees don't win, just because I hate them. But also because I think it will show George that more fiscal repsonsibility can still bring him a winning team.

The flip side of that is that for anything to change, the Yankees will have to win 5 or 6 straight. Then players on teams other than the Yankees might just have the guts to stand up and say "This is messed up, Union stance be damned"

Elway
02-18-2004, 05:56 PM
George really didn't want A-Rod, he was looking for another reason to embarress Boston by closing the deal they couldn't get done. :D

LOL good one George :p

cpfan26
02-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Yeah the yanks could be scary this season with all the star power they have.

dandaman23
02-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by cpfan26
Yeah the yanks could be scary this season with all the star power they have.

They have always been scary with all the star power they have.LOL.

GoDenver
02-20-2004, 12:51 AM
yankee's are disgusting i think. they're the only team that raises, raises and keeps raising ticket prices so they can buy baseball players. players that only come to the team with sweetheart deals like private jets to games, suites away from the team while on the road and other unsportsman like deals.
that team has no heart. all wallet, nothing else.

rcsodak
02-20-2004, 04:12 PM
They also have rings, dude.....don't forget about the rings!!!!

GoDenver
02-20-2004, 10:14 PM
ring shming d!ckface! what are you now, a yankee fan? just cause your chef's cant afford to buy a ring like the yankee's, cause in all fairness we have salary cap's in the nfl, you decide to say something like, "rings dude." ....nerd

Crazie
02-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Baseball needs a salary Cap I mean why even have a season this year?

broncosbeast
02-22-2004, 07:13 AM
One day, the Yankees will get every MLB player so every other team would forfit every game against the Yankees. They could just hand the Yanks their rings and not bother playing the season. I like to think of the Seinfeld version of Steinbrenner as the correct one.

rcsodak
02-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by GoDenver
ring shming d!ckface! what are you now, a yankee fan? just cause your chef's cant afford to buy a ring like the yankee's, cause in all fairness we have salary cap's in the nfl, you decide to say something like, "rings dude." ....nerd

Yo d!ckface, you trying to sound smart? WTF! I was a Bronco fan when you were still running down one of your mamas chins.
So back the f()ck up! ...dork!

NameUsedBefore
02-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Damn calm down.

Anyways: the Yankees are too much of a power house and you guys are right, the deals they make are VERY unsportsman like. What I don't understand is that a somewhat sissy sport (compared to others) writes some checks larger than a football team's salary cap!