PDA

View Full Version : COMPLETE 2007 Free Agent WR/ TE List

ydave77
10-17-2006, 07:28 PM
We've all been wondering it. So here it is boys and girls, our receiving options for 2007. Its obvious this is our weakest area on offense, I am sure we all hope Marshall can break out in 2007, and be the solid WR2 that we need. But I think its best that we have another option, in case Marshall isnt ready yet. I think the lack of receiving threats is seriously hampering our offense.
So without further adieu:

Free Agent Wide Receivers
Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Patrick Crayton, RFA, Dallas Cowboys
Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
Bobby Wade, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

Free Agent Tight Ends
Eric Johnson, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Kyle Brady, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots
Ben Hartsock, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Zach Hilton, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Reggie Kelly, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Jerramy Stevens, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Boo Williams, UFA, New York Giants

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I could go for some Eric Johnson about now, then maybe we can have a decent TE (not saying Scheffler is bad)

rovolution
10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
id love daniel graham. he'd be a great addition and he has some ties to the state of colorado already so mabye he would come here.

Lorcust
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Engram for the win. :D

The Dyna$ty
10-17-2006, 07:36 PM
^why would you want no hands Bobby Engram :confused:

Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars only WR that id take a shot at and TE Grahm of course

tdnmecudawon3
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
id love daniel graham. he'd be a great addition and he has some ties to the state of colorado already so mabye he would come here.

yeah and you know there is a big chance NE won't resign him. The way they let guys go.

BroncoFanCam
10-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I will take 1- of Daniel Graham and 1- of Tyrone Calico please...

mrbrightside111
10-17-2006, 08:07 PM
drew bennett, and patrick crayton would be great addition, if we decide to go after them.

JoeBalla2k5
10-17-2006, 08:08 PM
David Boston...Period. Him and Jake already have the timing down :eek:

ydave77
10-17-2006, 08:13 PM
I will take 1- of Daniel Graham and 1- of Tyrone Calico please...

I'll take Graham with you for sure.

By the way, bfc your avatar is frickin awesome.

DenBronx
10-17-2006, 08:19 PM
daniel graham, daniel graham, daniel graham!!!

ReleaseTheBeast7
10-17-2006, 08:19 PM

Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars only WR that id take a shot at and TE Grahm of course

Wilford's garbage... He drops ALOT of balls, if you were discontent with Lelie, you'd hate this dude...

Graham, Eric Johnson, Jerramy Stevens, that's a strong FA TE class, we need to get someone from there this year

dogfish
10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
thanks for posting it, dave. . . . :thumb:

i just said in another thread, it would make sense for us to try improving our receiving corps through free agency rather than the draft, given the luck we've had drafting receivers, and the time it generally takes them to develop. . . . to me, drew bennett and kevin curtis are the best receivers on that list. . . bennett would probably be the best fit here-- he has the route running skills and reliable hands to be a good #2, and fill the need for a possession receiver, plus he has the size to be effective on jump balls and in the red zone, and i believe he's a solid blocker. . .

curtis, on the other hand, has that blazer speed, and would be a nice deep threat. . . of course, i'm still hoping quincy morgan can fill that role for us, and in any case i don't see much of any chance that the rams will let curtis go. . . the titans may be a little more likely to part with bennett, as they have some nice young depth at WR, but i see them most likely keeping him as well. . . patrick crayton would be nice, but i think they like him a lot in dallas, and they have NOTHING at WR after terry "old man" glenn and the ticking time bomb-- he's probably the LEAST likely to be available. . . of those who ARE likely to be available, bobby engram is probably the best of a very weak bunch compared to the WRS who were on the market via trade or FA this past offfseason. . . .

of the TEs, i agree with the consensus that dan graham would be a great addition, for his blocking skills as much as his receiving. . . he's a guy who would fit nicely here, especially as a denver native, and i highly doubt NE will make much effort to keep him with three other young TEs on the roster-- it's pretty obvious they drafted mills and thomas in preparation for graham's impending departure, and he's a guy i could quite easily see us targeting in the offseason. . . .

i'd also be interested in eric johnson, and between his injury history and the acquisition of vernon davis, it's entirely possible that the niners will let him go. . . however, given that injury history, it would be foolish IMO to pay very much for him, unless he'd accept an incentive-laden contract-- he's not the type of guy you want to get into a bidding war over, even if you have the cap space for it. . .

it'll be interesting to see how it works out, but i definitely won't be surprised if it's an area we look to address through FA. . . i certainly still hope that marshall and scheffler work out, but even if they do they're positions that could use more depth and talent, especially TE. . . .

PatrickdaDookie
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Wow, slim pickings. Boo Williams all the way!

BroncoFanCam
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
I'll take Graham with you for sure.

By the way, bfc your avatar is frickin awesome.Thanks man... if you ever need another one (avatar) lemme know... ;)

dogfish
10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Wilford's garbage... He drops ALOT of balls, if you were discontent with Lelie, you'd hate this dude...

Graham, Eric Johnson, Jerramy Stevens, that's a strong FA TE class, we need to get someone from there this year

if wiford's garbage because he drops a lot of balls, then what the hell is jerramy stevens?

:confused:

Ravage!!!
10-17-2006, 08:41 PM
David Boston...Period. Him and Jake already have the timing down :eek:

But Jake won't be the QB.... :eek:

ydave77
10-17-2006, 08:45 PM
thanks for posting it, dave. . . . :thumb:

i just said in another thread, it would make sense for us to try improving our receiving corps through free agency rather than the draft, given the luck we've had drafting receivers, and the time it generally takes them to develop. . . . to me, drew bennett and kevin curtis are the best receivers on that list. . . bennett would probably be the best fit here-- he has the route running skills and reliable hands to be a good #2, and fill the need for a possession receiver, plus he has the size to be effective on jump balls and in the red zone, and i believe he's a solid blocker. . .

curtis, on the other hand, has that blazer speed, and would be a nice deep threat. . . of course, i'm still hoping quincy morgan can fill that role for us, and in any case i don't see much of any chance that the rams will let curtis go. . . the titans may be a little more likely to part with bennett, as they have some nice young depth at WR, but i see them most likely keeping him as well. . . patrick crayton would be nice, but i think they like him a lot in dallas, and they have NOTHING at WR after terry "old man" glenn and the ticking time bomb-- he's probably the LEAST likely to be available. . . of those who ARE likely to be available, bobby engram is probably the best of a very weak bunch compared to the WRS who were on the market via trade or FA this past offfseason. . . .

of the TEs, i agree with the consensus that dan graham would be a great addition, for his blocking skills as much as his receiving. . . he's a guy who would fit nicely here, especially as a denver native, and i highly doubt NE will make much effort to keep him with three other young TEs on the roster-- it's pretty obvious they drafted mills and thomas in preparation for graham's impending departure, and he's a guy i could quite easily see us targeting in the offseason. . . .

i'd also be interested in eric johnson, and between his injury history and the acquisition of vernon davis, it's entirely possible that the niners will let him go. . . however, given that injury history, it would be foolish IMO to pay very much for him, unless he'd accept an incentive-laden contract-- he's not the type of guy you want to get into a bidding war over, even if you have the cap space for it. . .

it'll be interesting to see how it works out, but i definitely won't be surprised if it's an area we look to address through FA. . . i certainly still hope that marshall and scheffler work out, but even if they do they're positions that could use more depth and talent, especially TE. . . .

thanks dogfish
i always look forward to when you post in depth previews before the game, so I am glad I could post something for you.

As for your thoughts, I agree that Bennett would be great here. Perfect for us. Unfortunately, I think he will be the #1 WR available so I thnk he will be vastly over bid upon (the skins will get him to run their new 6 WR, no QB offense). Regardless, he might price himself out of our range. As for Kevin Curtis, I would imagine that the Rams will make a strong push to keep him. With Bruce getting older (I think he was Rod Smith's fav player when Rod was growing up :D ), I would imagine they will try to keep Curtis. But they havent locked him up yet so he may be an option. He is not exactly what I have in mind for our WR2, but I would take him. I think we need a big possession receiver type, like a Keyshaun Johnson without the baggage.

The guy who I woudl really like us taking a crack at, is Ernest Wilford. He is a RFA, but I cant picture the Jags putting anythign but a low round tender on him. The yhave so much money locked up in WR already (2 first rders in Reggie Williams, and Matt jones), that they cnat afford to have a 3rd guy around at a high price. He is a big target 6ft4in, 223lbs, and hasnt had the opportunity to start in Jax, as he has been stuck behind Jimmy Smith, and some high profile draft picks.

As for TE, Eric Johnson is a great receiving TE, but he cant stay healthy for a lick. I woud lbe worried about giving him a sizeable bonus. If he comes cheap, I am all for it. Otherwise Graham would be the guy I target.

BroncoFanCam
10-17-2006, 08:48 PM
But Jake won't be the QB.... :eek:

*CHING*

Down goes that theory... :laugh:

ydave77
10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
if wiford's garbage because he drops a lot of balls, then what the hell is jerramy stevens?

I actually like Stevens. I think the drops are part of the Seattle water, Darrel Jax went thru it, same with Koren Robinson when he was up there (but that was probably just the alcohol withdrawal). Just get him to train with Javon's crazy tennis ball palm thing. Then he wont have any more dropsies.

dogfish
10-17-2006, 09:02 PM
I actually like Stevens. I think the drops are part of the Seattle water, Darrel Jax went thru it, same with Koren Robinson when he was up there (but that was probably just the alcohol withdrawal). Just get him to train with Javon's crazy tennis ball palm thing. Then he wont have any more dropsies.

obviously he's got a nice blend of size, speed, and athleticism. . . but he needs to learn not to mouth off to guys like joey "who let my dogs out" porter. . . . :eek:

BroncoFlyhalf
10-17-2006, 09:11 PM
drew bennett, and patrick crayton would be great addition, if we decide to go after them.

Spot on. I'm forced to watch many Cowboys' games and Crayton is pretty good. And it goes without saying that Bennett is a McCaffrey clone
:D

The Executioner
10-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Either Eric Johnson, or Daniel Graham or Jeremy Stevens will come to Broncos and start at the TE, mark my word.

BroncoFanCam
10-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Spot on. I'm forced to watch many Cowboys' games and Crayton is pretty good. And it goes without saying that Bennett is a McCaffrey clone
:DANTON LOOK!!!!!!

Someone knows who CRAYTON is!!!!!!

He burns fools alive in Madden... Other than that... WTH is he again?

RebelSyxx
10-17-2006, 09:50 PM
I'd go with none of the above.......let our guys develop. Scheffler will be good and marshall or kircus can do the job.

The possiblity of us actually getting someone, would have to be cheap.

Boston or McCardell could be well suited. if ANY!

SM19
10-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I've pared it to seven I'd be interested in. Bennett, Curtis, and Wilford at receiver. Eric Johnson, Graham, and maybe Stevens at tight end. Ponder for returns.

I include Wilford because, pass-dropping problems or no, he's got a nose for the end zone. Roughly one touchdown for every six catches last year.

WABronco
10-17-2006, 10:57 PM

No hands? Bobby Engram is freakin' MR. THIRD DOWN. He's one of the most valuable receivers in the league because of his third down play...

WABronco
10-17-2006, 10:58 PM

One poor game does not equal poor tendencies.

Broncos724
10-17-2006, 11:17 PM
You'd be amazed at how a great QB makes average WR's look good. We start Cutler next year and our current receivers will be more than enough, I guarantee you.

WABronco
10-17-2006, 11:20 PM
We've all been wondering it. So here it is boys and girls, our receiving options for 2007. Its obvious this is our weakest area on offense, I am sure we all hope Marshall can break out in 2007, and be the solid WR2 that we need. But I think its best that we have another option, in case Marshall isnt ready yet. I think the lack of receiving threats is seriously hampering our offense.
So without further adieu:

Free Agent Wide Receivers
Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Patrick Crayton, RFA, Dallas Cowboys
Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
Bobby Wade, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

The players I'm interested in are bolded.

I think Bennett could make for a solid addition and would be an effective compliment to Javon (with Cutler throwing him the ball, IMO). However, in no way am I interested in getting into a mass bidding war for someone who will probably be the cream of a weak-ass crop. If he comes at a good price, cool. If not, pass.

DJ Hackett is one of the better backup receivers in the league. He enters, catches a 30 yard bomb on a 3rd and 17, then leaves. I would be very interested in acquiring him for field-stretching purposes. The CU connections are just a bonus...

Shaun McDonald was a player we should've targeted this offseason (he'd probably be our 3rd receiver). He offers an almost identical skillset to Kevin Curtis', and will undoubtedly come at a fraction of the price. I'm not interested in ponying up for Curtis, as I don't think he'd be an effective starter outside of St. Louis.

Kelley Washington is a bit of a sleeper to me. I think, with his size and speed, he could come in and surprise, or he could just be the player that he is now...a valuable 3rd receiver. He's more than expendable in Cinci, so he's as good as gone.

Eric Johnson, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Kyle Brady, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots
Ben Hartsock, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Zach Hilton, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Reggie Kelly, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Jerramy Stevens, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Boo Williams, UFA, New York Giants

Jerramy Stevens is a wet dream. He'd be an ideal addition and would be a mammoth boost to our redzone offense. He's not leaving Seattle though, and the good thing is Scheffler figures to be an almost identical player if he develops properly.

I guess Dan Graham would be a nice addition. He brings more than Alexander as a blocker and is at least adequate as a receiver.

One guy that's missing is George Wrighster of Jacksonville. He's a bit of a sleeper FA in my eyes, because he'll come cheap (even off a breakout year--already over his career high in receptions) and he could put up some respectable numbers. He's a big body, and his athleticism is still pretty good from what I can see.

WABronco
10-17-2006, 11:23 PM
You'd be amazed at how a great QB makes average WR's look good. We start Cutler next year and our current receivers will be more than enough, I guarantee you.

Totally agree...as far as Cutler making our current receivers better anyways. I still think there's room for improvement (Devoe, Morgan, maybe even Kircus).

dogfish
10-17-2006, 11:36 PM
One poor game does not equal poor tendencies.

i dunno man. . . i've certainly seen him drop passes in games besides the stupor bowl. . . . obviously he's improved his play the past year or so, but i still think of him as the guy who couldn't take itula mili's job for how many years? i seem to remember him having some conflicts with holmgren over his attitude. . . to me he just seems like a guy who lacks the drive and focus to make the most of his talent. . .

now, i know you watch those guys more than i do, and i respect your judgement-- if you tell me he's really cleaned it up i'm inclined to believe you. . . clearly, his TD numbers last year are impressive. . . in any case, i think you're right-- he's not going anywhere. . . although, if he gets a big offer, it's possible that the hawks could let him go and draft another TE, or pick up one of those other FAs at a better price. . . .

also, i myself would prefer graham because of his blocking ability and probable lower price tag, even if he isn't as dangerous a receiver as stevens. . . to me, he's the IDEAL second TE for our system if scheffler can develop into a starter-- an excellent blocker who still has good enough hands and speed to be effective as a receiver on short-to-intermediate routes. . . and he's balanced enough to make a solid starter if chef doesn't develop, or is relegated to a part-time role as a receiving TE because his blocking doesn't improve. . . .

UberBroncoMan
10-18-2006, 04:11 AM

AB SO FREAKING LUTLY

Ben Watson rocks, but Graham is also awesome for the Pats. He has it all, he can block, catch and run. I'd have him starting for us if we can sign him.

Nick
10-18-2006, 08:43 AM
crayton and curtis are solid number three and will be happy with either.

As for TE's eric johnson, brady and graham top the list.

ECBronco
10-18-2006, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't mind getting D. Bennett or K. Curtis at WR.

D. Graham or E. Johnson for TE.

Broncos72690
10-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Bennett and Graham would be excellent targets.

Dream
10-18-2006, 09:20 AM
I'd take Daniel Graham for a tight end, and there are several receivers I'd look into, but I like Bennett because he's a big target. I had stated since the draft, that regardless of Walker being added and Marshall, we need another receiver. Our receiving corps isn't that strong, and it's basically one guy doing a majority of the work. Rod has not played well all year, he's slowing down and is not getting off the line like usual. He's struggling. He's came down with Timmy Brown syndrome. If we don't address it in FA, (which is the best way IMO) the draft should be loaded with receivers. We don't even have to go rounds 1 or 2 to get a good receiver, good ones will slip into the third round, where we convienently have two picks. . . (or should anyways!)

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way. As I was ripped apart by some posters thinking we needed an upgrade a while back. :salute:

In-com-plete
10-18-2006, 09:29 AM
If we get someone from that list, Johnson looks like our best bet. But I'm trying to think of a way we can rip off the Skins (again) and score Chris Cooley.

White Dragon
10-18-2006, 09:51 AM
FWIW...

Tyrone Calico, Jerome Pathon, Peter Warrick & Boo Williams were all released by their teams before the start of the season, and to my knowledge, haven't signed with anyone else since.

Fan in exile
10-18-2006, 09:51 AM
If we get someone from that list, Johnson looks like our best bet. But I'm trying to think of a way we can rip off the Skins (again) and score Chris Cooley.

THat's a pretty good thought, because they got a couple this year, they can't keep all of them.

For giggles maybe a George Foster for Cooley trade could be worked out?

24SuperChamp
10-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Has flashes of Eddy-mac in 'em. :thumb:

silkamilkamonic
10-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Daniel Graham will command a huge salary, being one of the better blocking TE's with very good hands also.

Teams will be able to offer him more then Denver, and I would much rather focus on Scheffler and keep Alexander rather than going with that route.