PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Broncoholic JS
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I would love to see the Thunder eliminate the Lakers in this round!

Hoserman117
04-25-2010, 12:36 AM
I would love to see the Thunder eliminate the Lakers in this round!

That would definitely be sweet. Thunder are my second favorite team since Kevin Durant is from UT :D

Strimpel
04-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Nuggets..... Your killing us all here

Get your damn act together, and win this game! :go:

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Nuggets..... Your killing us all here

Get your damn act together, and win this game! :go:

^^^ What he said

But doubt it happens this team has no direction under Dantley.

milehighireland
04-26-2010, 02:32 AM
^^^ What he said

But doubt it happens this team has no direction under Dantley.

He looks lost out there, i dont think he really has much of a clue what he's doing....

this sucks though... two months ago we looked like a certainty for a finals appearance with the way we were playing.... now we're almost certainly going to go out to utah before the playoffs have even truly begun

Bronco51
04-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Now that Melo is throwing the entire team under the bus, it's time to start wondering if the Nuggets can win with him. I have heard wild rumors of the Nuggets dealing Melo and trying to get into the Wade, James, and Bosh sweepstakes. Not that that will ever happen, but when stars get disgruntled and trade rumors start popping up, how much longer can the team (as constituted) really stay together? Well, I guess I will be like a Cubs fan......there is always next year.

BroncoManiac_69
04-26-2010, 08:24 AM
It is so sad to see this team completely falling apart.

I don't really put the blame on Melo. They are fighting amongst each other and playing with zero heart.

We have been watching the demise of the Nuggets ever since coach Karl had to take his leave of absence. It's such a shame after such a great season.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Denver needs to get another Big in the draft, and there needs to be some kind of trade made, this team just doesn't have the chemistry it did last year. I love J.R. Smith when he has the hot hand, but I would like to see us get a player with a little more consistence who is a team player. This is sickening.

Atwnbroncfan
04-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Now that Melo is throwing the entire team under the bus, it's time to start wondering if the Nuggets can win with him. I have heard wild rumors of the Nuggets dealing Melo and trying to get into the Wade, James, and Bosh sweepstakes. Not that that will ever happen, but when stars get disgruntled and trade rumors start popping up, how much longer can the team (as constituted) really stay together? Well, I guess I will be like a Cubs fan......there is always next year.

"I'm trying, I'm trying to beat them. I'm trying to do everything I can in my power to beat the Jazz," Anthony said Sunday. "But, at the end of the day, I need some help. I'm not sitting here pointing fingers or nothing. As a unit, we've got to do this together. I can't do this by myself."

I wouldn't call that throwing a team under the bus. And Melo is and should be a Nugg as long as he wants. He resurrected this franchise, and without him we would still be having 10 win seasons.

And by the way Dantley was the one throwing people under the bus. Melo never mentioned one person as not doing their job, Dantley called out Melo.

Bronco51
04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't call that throwing a team under the bus. And Melo is and should be a Nugg as long as he wants. He resurrected this franchise, and without him we would still be having 10 win seasons.

And by the way Dantley was the one throwing people under the bus. Melo never mentioned one person as not doing their job, Dantley called out Melo.

"I can't do this by myself" pretty much implies he is the only one doing his job. I know he was frustrated and had every right to be, but sayings like that will not go over well in the locker room or media. And yes, Dantley did not fare any better and needs to go away very soon. The imp[losion of this team is disgusting to watch.

ParkHill-71
04-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Nugget Nation:

It's time!!!
The Carmelo era needs to end in this fans perspective. The answer is no, if you think I mean just give the guy away. I'm thinking trade a superstar for a superstar.

Lol...I know this is blasphamous! Trade the only player we have who can put up 30-40 points on average a night. What the hell is the matter with me....
Im stupid...I dont know Basketball....ect..ect...

All I will say is, he has worn down this nugget team. I dont trust his Basketball I.Q. He does not know when to pass, or when he needs to drive to the whole, or when he needs to shoot that Broke ass jumper....

As for defense, well...um....talk about a pipe dream. He is a phenominal scorer. The problem is, is an pre school thinker in terms of basketball....in my opinion. Sure I will get flammed up for this. Yet I still type.

TRADE CARMELLO ANTHONY!!!

Sometimes people need to be humbled before they figure out that the way they were doing things was not the best way. Even look at his post game comments, he still doesnt get it! He is one of the leaders! Lead by example dude! Your defense was piss poor as it has been with the exception of most of the playoffs last year!

Bring me Dewayne Wade. I have a feeling he wants out of Miami...
I just dont think the kid is learning, and he is the face of the franchise!

BluenOrnge4Life
04-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Nugget Nation:

It's time!!!
The Carmelo era needs to end in this fans perspective. The answer is no, if you think I mean just give the guy away. I'm thinking trade a superstar for a superstar.

Lol...I know this is blasphamous! Trade the only player we have who can put up 30-40 points on average a night. What the hell is the matter with me....

All I will say is, he has worn down this nugget team. I dont trust his Basketball I.Q. He does not know when to pass, or when he needs to drive to the whole, or when he needs to shoot that Broke ass jumper....

As for defense, well...um....talk about a pipe dream. He is a phenominal scorer. The problem is, is an pre school thinker in terms of basketball....in my opinion. Sure I will get flammed up for this. Yet I still type.

Sometimes people need to be humbled before they figure out that the way they were doing things was not the best way. Even look at his post game comments, he still doesnt get it! He is one of the leaders! Lead by example dude! Your defense was piss poor as it has been with the exception of most of the playoffs last year!

I just dont think the kid is learning, and he is the face of the franchise!melo needs to be better coached. That is all.

milehighireland
04-27-2010, 09:06 AM
melo needs to be better coached. That is all.

Whole team needs to be, but i agree. He was the only one that tried sunday and still you have AD throwing him under the bus afterwards.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_14962072?source=commented-nuggets

It was the tweet re-tweeted 'round the hoop world.

After the Nuggets Game 4 loss at Utah, Nuggets guard J.R. Smith posted on Twitter: "You play selfish you lose selfish that's all I'm saying about the game!"

The Nuggets had only 13 assists in Sunday's Game 4 loss (Utah had 14 in the second half alone). Carmelo Anthony did attempt 26 shots, but he made half of them. And Smith, perhaps more than any other Nugget, is known for playing selfishly.

Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups was asked Monday about the tweet, and the team captain said: "It's frustrating to lose, and people can say what they want, but at any rate, when we win, we win together."

Asked about Smith's tweet, Nuggets acting coach Adrian Dantley
appeared visibly uncomfortable at the team's media availability Monday.

"I don't know what to say about that, there's always some comments made by a player. And usually when you lose a game, we're going to have that type of statements," said Dantley, who is filling in for George Karl, still recovering from throat and neck cancer.

Then, asked again about the Smith tweet, Dantley said: "What do you want me to say? That he shouldn't have made that comment? I don't know. He shouldn't have made that comment."

On Monday, Smith did not make himself available to the media. But after the backlash, Smith tweeted:

"yo i got the twiiter goons on my back!"

For the regular season, Denver averaged 20.9 assists per game. During the season, the Nuggets were 42-7 when they tallied 20 or more assists. The Nuggets had just 12 assists in the Game 3, also a loss.

"I don't think we've been specifically selfish, I think that the style that we play doesn't make us a high-assist volume team, like Utah is," Billups said. "The style they play, they're going to move it every time, they're going to have 25-30 assists most nights. Our system is not set for that; our system is kind of run-and-play and isolations.
You can't get a lot of assists that way."

Dantley added: "I don't know who was selfish. A lot of time it looks that way when we miss shots, when it's the same shot in the first game that we made. ...When you lose, you say some funny things, some negative things, but the main thing I told the guys (at Monday's film session) was: Stay together. I know they feel down. It felt like a funeral in there, or something like that. We just got to get their spirits up."

Numerous Twitter users posted their own tweets about Smith's "selfish" line, including one tweeter who made reference to the old phrase the pot calling the kettle black.

Smith was essential in Denver's Game 1 win, splashing four 3-pointers in the fourth quarter. But overall, he has shot 11-for-45 in the series, which Utah leads, 3-1. Game 5 is Wednesday at Pepsi Center.

Smith uses the Twitter handle @JR_Swish.

This says it all really, especially the bolded parts. His own player throws the rest of his teammates under the bus and he doesnt know what to say when asked about it? yet he's pretty quick to criticise melo for not doing a lebron james and carrying an entire team to a win by himself..

Refs make bad calls and AD does nothing, he mismanages the clock, not using timeouts that are there to break opponents momentum, his own players start criticising each other and he does basically nothing, instead throwing the best nuggets player this series under the bus.... i really dont think he's cut out for this coaching business...

rst08tierney
04-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Looks like elimination is coming too fast for both of our teams. Who would have thought that Spurs would be the ones on fire this year?

The city of Denver treats Melo like trash and I just dont get it. He was tossed under the bus in 2007 when the Lakers swept the Nuggets when it was clearly Iversons fault. The fans need to realize with out Melo the Nuggets are a boarder line playoff team and NOT a contender

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Looks like elimination is coming too fast for both of our teams. Who would have thought that Spurs would be the ones on fire this year?

The city of Denver treats Melo like trash and I just dont get it. He was tossed under the bus in 2007 when the Lakers swept the Nuggets when it was clearly Iversons fault. The fans need to realize with out Melo the Nuggets are a boarder line playoff team and NOT a contender

I agree, all this crap about trading Melo is stupid. Person to trade is JR Smith.
Melo reseructed this franchise.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-27-2010, 09:35 AM

This. If we don't have melo, who is going to score 30 points a game for us on a regular basis? We have been in the playoffs every year since he got here. People forget that before melo we were horrible. J.r. smith needs to go, funny to call people out for being selfish when you take 3 point shot after shot like you are in a 3 point competition. Its great when he is accurate but just look at his numbers all the games we have lost this series. Horrible.

BroncoFanBoy
04-27-2010, 11:17 AM
the way they're playing makes me want to do this: http://lexusnet.com/forums/Smileys/default/suicide.gif

BroncoFanBoy
04-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Nugget Nation:

It's time!!!

I just dont think the kid is learning, and he is the face of the franchise!

http://lexusnet.com/forums/Smileys/default/suicide.gif

ParkHill-71
04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
melo needs to be better coached. That is all.

You cant help somebody that doesnt want to be helped. I heard Sandy Clough today talking about Carmello was the only one playing hard. He said never mind the turn overs.........Can you believe that...lol...

I watch Carmello pretend to play. Maybe, and though snarkish, Maybe, just maybe the players got tired of cutting and running, while Carmello pretends to pass to them, and then pulls up for that stupid Jumper while gaurded!

I have never truly bought into Carmello. What I whitnessed in the play offs last year from him, is what I expect from him all the time now. I know he can do it, I just dont think he wants to do it! So therefore I say trade him. Its just this fans perspective. Again, Im not advocating giving him away for nothing!

ParkHill-71
04-27-2010, 06:47 PM
The city of Denver treats Melo like trash

I dont agree with this! Maybe there are some fans in Denver who actually watch him play, and pretend to play defense, while making some of the dumbest decisions a star, STAR athelete can make!.

Still, I find that there are far more Pro Carmello Anthony fans than Con!

CoryWinget81
04-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Bottom line is this:

The Denver Nuggets are playing selfish basketball. They aren't getting teammates involved. I think this is the classic case of too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

The sad reality is, we're such a good team. We'll never see it blossom until we get the "gonna get mine" and the "I'll do it myself" attitude out of the locker room.

When Chauncey waved off AD's play last week and jacked up that AWFUL shot, I thought the series might be over. When I heard the words come out of Chauncey's mouth that implied he's the best player and he should be taking the last shot, I KNEW it was over.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-27-2010, 09:35 PM
You cant help somebody that doesnt want to be helped. I heard Sandy Clough today talking about Carmello was the only one playing hard. He said never mind the turn overs.........Can you believe that...lol...

I watch Carmello pretend to play. Maybe, and though snarkish, Maybe, just maybe the players got tired of cutting and running, while Carmello pretends to pass to them, and then pulls up for that stupid Jumper while gaurded!

I have never truly bought into Carmello. What I whitnessed in the play offs last year from him, is what I expect from him all the time now. I know he can do it, I just dont think he wants to do it! So therefore I say trade him. Its just this fans perspective. Again, Im not advocating giving him away for nothing!you couldn't be more wrong about melo, he does want it.

BroncoManiac_69
04-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Bottom line is this:

The Denver Nuggets are playing selfish basketball. They aren't getting teammates involved. I think this is the classic case of too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

The sad reality is, we're such a good team. We'll never see it blossom until we get the "gonna get mine" and the "I'll do it myself" attitude out of the locker room.

When Chauncey waved off AD's play last week and jacked up that AWFUL shot, I thought the series might be over. When I heard the words come out of Chauncey's mouth that implied he's the best player and he should be taking the last shot, I KNEW it was over.

This team needs and misses coach Karl.

Period.

We may take game 5 at home but it will be over in 6.

Sad, unless this LR stops pointing fingers, Chantley just shuts the hell up and a miracle happens in 3 straight.

I'm tired of watching at this point. No heart. No teamwork. George knows how to work these guys and as I have already said, they have lost it since coach Karl had to leave.

So sad but true.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 02:08 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-100428&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fplayoffs%2f2010%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fc olumnist%3dhollinger_john%26page%3dPERDiem-100428 Anybody have Espn insider?

ParkHill-71
04-28-2010, 03:15 PM
you couldn't be more wrong about melo, he does want it.

Noted......!

Spice 1
04-28-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't blame Melo for saying what he said. I'm also not a Nuggets fan, so I am not as emotionally involved as a lot of you. I understand where he is coming from, from a basketball perspective. When you have guys on the court, who don't have to be defended, someone other than Melo has to step up and create scoring opportunities. Nene appears to struggle against bigger defenders, this is surprising to me (quickness). Kenyon and Birdman aren't making themselves hard to defend at all (I know you don't have a jumper, but get yourself into scoring position once in a while). JR Smith is great or terrible, this is par for the course with him, nothing new there. I think it comes down to Billups. I've never seen Billups get completely annihilated by the other teams point guard before. Not in the playoffs. It seems almost like he's becoming tentative at times now. Denver needs Billups in a bad way right now. Williams has got to be forced to work on defense.

VenomousDB
04-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh, yay, the Nuggets are playing tonight. woo hoo

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Oh, yay, the Nuggets are playing tonight. woo hooYessir. Let's get it done tonight, boys.

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
No excuses tonight. At home, elimination game.

GET IT DONE.

Southstander
04-28-2010, 08:22 PM
How are the Nuglets looking tonight.

Note: I am not knocking them by calling them the Nuglets, a fmr 9News Sportscaster called them that in the early 90's by mistake.

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
How are the Nuglets looking tonight.

Note: I am not knocking them by calling them the Nuglets, a fmr 9News Sportscaster called them that in the early 90's by mistake.

Not too bad for once. I'd still like to see a little more ball movement. Melo is crashing the boards too.

Southstander
04-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Not too bad for once. I'd still like to see a little more ball movement. Melo is crashing the boards too.

Good!:salute:

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
*** did anyone just see that Melo commercial?

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
*** did anyone just see that Melo commercial?

Are you watching Altitude or TNT?

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Are you watching Altitude or TNT?
I'm watching TNT.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Nothing good has ever came out of Utah! Lets come back and win this series boys! Come on Nuggets!! Win or go home, and I am not ready for us to go home! LETS GO NUGGETS!!

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm watching TNT.

No I didn't see it then. :(

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh great, Nene just went down. :sad:

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
And Nene goes down, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
The Jazz have now replaced the Spurs as the worst floppers in the league IMHO. I hate them so much!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh great, Nene just went down. :sad:

I am not happy about that! It seems like Utah has been getting all the calls and breaks in this series. UGH

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 08:49 PM
I am not happy about that! It seems like Utah has been getting all the calls and breaks in this series. UGHyEAH Sprained left knee, not good.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Williams is kicking Billups's ass, plain and simple.

ERoyal248
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Nene goes down, not looking good for Denver.. Billups picks up his 3rd foul, should of put in Lawson.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Williams is kicking Billups's ass, plain and simple.

I hate Williams! Plain and simple! LOL

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Nene goes down, not looking good for Denver.. Billups picks up his 3rd foul, should of put in Lawson.Another example of Dantley making bad decisions.

ERoyal248
04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Another example of Dantley making bad decisions.

Agreed, he makes plenty of bad decisions for sure.. Maybe they can squeeze this one out and try to get Game 6.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Come on Nuggets!! LETS GO NUGGETS!! THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Another example of Dantley making bad decisions.

A lot of this series has been coaching mistakes. Without Karl our team is substantially different. He would have made a lot of better decisions. Not that I don't trust Dantley, but Karl would have had this 3-1 Nuggets right now. Karl knew how to coach on the road in the playoffs.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 09:20 PM
A lot of this series has been coaching mistakes. Without Karl our team is substantially different. He would have made a lot of better decisions. Not that I don't trust Dantley, but Karl would have had this 3-1 Nuggets right now. Karl knew how to coach on the road in the playoffs. Word. We are up 8 now, I hope we can get on a roll here and open this one up.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
So when Carmelo Anthony makes a good play at the Pepsi Center they go MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLO! I propose when Tebow does the same at Mile High we yell TEBOOOOOOOOOOW!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Word. We are up 8 now, I hope we can get on a roll here and open this one up.

That has dwindled down to 4 now. :( ok back up to 6!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Be inspired by Sandstorm boys!

GO NUGGETS!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Utah plays dirty and their karma will catch up to them. If they beat us in this series, they will lose soon enough and I will smile from ear to ear knowing that they will never raise a banner in Utah. I like Jerry Sloan a little, but hope he never gets a ring. Am I a bad person for thinking that?

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I used to have mad respect for Deron Williams, but he's turned into another flopper.

Oh, and Utah, MISS A FREAKING SHOT ONCE IN AWHILE!!

ERoyal248
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
JR Smith with a HUGE 3.. Utah never goes away, they make shot after shot..

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
I used to have mad respect for Deron Williams, but he's turned into another flopper.

Oh, and Utah, MISS A FREAKING SHOT ONCE IN AWHILE!!:laugh: They just won't go away. I knew Deron Williams was good, but jesus... he never misses - at least not in this series.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't understand why they are sitting at Pepsi Center, now is the time when the team needs you to stand and make some noise to show you are behind them! COME ON NUGGETS!

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't understand why they are sitting at Pepsi Center, now is the time when the team needs you to stand and make some noise to show you are behind them! COME ON NUGGETS!

I'm not sitting. I'm standing up in the box screaming my ass off!!

I've almost dropped my phone over the rail 3 times, rofl

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 10:02 PM
ten

LETS GO NUGGETS!!!!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm not sitting. I'm standing up in the box screaming my ass off!!

I've almost dropped my phone over the rail 3 times, rofl

LOL good man!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Tacos!!!!!!!

Southstander
04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Since I don't watch B-Ball I don't have the game on. That being said what is the score.

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Since I don't watch B-Ball I don't have the game on. That being said what is the score.

101-94 smith at the line

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
GO NUGGETS!!!! :rockon: :dance:

Southstander
04-28-2010, 10:06 PM
101-94 smith at the line

Who has 101 and how much time is left?

ERoyal248

Nuggets up 11, 5 minutes left.

Broncoholic JS
Finally, Williams doesn't get away with a flop!!!

CoryWinget81
Who has 101 and how much time is left?

105-95 nuggets, 4:48 left

Southstander
04-28-2010, 10:07 PM

Thanks!:salute:

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Please God I will do anything for a game 7 on Sunday!!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
JR Smith with liftoff!!!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
What are you chanting at Pepsi?

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 10:12 PM
What are you chanting at Pepsi?

Which time? We're cheering on JR's dunk?

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM

What were you guys just chanting? I couldn't make it out on tv.

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 10:15 PM
What were you guys just chanting? I couldn't make it out on tv.

LEEEEEEEEEEETS GO NUUUUUUGEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTS!!!!

...that? rofl

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 10:15 PM
LEEEEEEEEEEETS GO NUUUUUUGEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTS!!!!

...that? rofl

Oh that and UTAH SUCKS!!!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Oh that and UTAH SUCKS!!!

very nice!!!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I am a huge Duke fan so I was a big Boozer fan back in the day, but when you put on the jersey of the Jazz I hate you!

Southstander
04-28-2010, 10:17 PM
What are the Nugs chances of winning three games in a row? Please take off your fan glasses and give an honest answer.

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 10:18 PM
I strongly dislike Carlos Boozer.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
buh bye Williams!!

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
What are the Nugs chances of winning three games in a row? Please take off your fan glasses and give an honest answer.

Very high, especially when game 7 is in your house!

CoryWinget81
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM

Game 6 in Utah is gonna be the War on the Floor. It's gonna be WIIIIIIIILD

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Nuggets win, Nuggets win, theeee Nuggets win!

Southstander
04-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Best of luck.

ERoyal248
04-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Goood win for the Nugs, now can they win in Utah. I hate Deron Williams, but damn the dude is beast..

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 10:28 PM
What are the Nugs chances of winning three games in a row? Please take off your fan glasses and give an honest answer.Now it's 2 in a row. 1 game at a time. It's going to be tough to win in Utah, especially with Nene hurt and Anderson limping into game 6, BUT I think if they take it to a game 7, The Nugs win at home.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Please God, let Nene be okay! We will need him if we want to win this series!

Southstander
04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Now it's 2 in a row. 1 game at a time. It's going to be tough to win in Utah, especially with Nene hurt and Anderson limping into game 6, BUT I think if they take it to a game 7, The Nugs win at home.

Thank you for your honesty. It is refreshing to see people can be honest not just blind fans.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Thank you for your honesty. It is refreshing to see people can be honest not just blind fans.

Utah is a tough building to win in at any time no matter what kinda team they have. This is the postseason where anything is possible, but it will be even harder to win there come Friday.

rst08tierney
04-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Good win last night, can the Nuggets hang on and beat the odds?

About 60% of teams that have fallen into the 3-1 hole have lost in 5 games.

20% lose the series in 6, 15% lose in 7, and about 5% win the series.

Most Recent Examples:
2006: Phoenix over Los Angeles Lakers, 1st Round (ouch!)
1997: Miami over New York: Conference Semifinals
1995: Houston over Phoenix: Conference Semifinals

CoryWinget81
04-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Hate to say it, but if Nene misses the game, we are probably sunk. Andersen is MAYBE 70% right now. Maybe we can rotate Joey and Malik around, but I don't see a win.

Prove me wrong Denver. Make me a believer!

BroncoFanBoy
04-29-2010, 07:58 AM
staying alive baby

Atwnbroncfan
04-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Who ever wins game 6 wins the series. Well obiously Utah would, but I don't think they beat us at home in Game 7. If we take it one quarter at a time you never know. We could pull out game 6. Last night proved that if we can stop everyone but Boozer and Williams, we can win it.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Last night proved that if we can stop everyone but Boozer and Williams, we can win it.This + everyone passing the ball around.

champ24girl
04-29-2010, 09:36 AM
I walked right by Champ Bailey as he was headed to his courtside seats at the Nuggets game last night - I see him sitting courtside at a lot of Nuggets games from my seats way up yonder, but it was really cool to walk right by him last night!!!! :)

BroncoManiac_69
04-29-2010, 09:38 AM
You should hear them here in Utah today.

They're happy that they can "close the series at home"

They are confident and cocky really that it's over on Friday.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-29-2010, 10:32 AM
You should hear them here in Utah today.

They're happy that they can "close the series at home"

They are confident and cocky really that it's over on Friday.They had better hope so because there's no way they win a game 7 in Denver. That crowd will be BEYOND pumped.

CoryWinget81
04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm not too confident about game 6. If Williams was getting all those BS calls in DENVER, imagine what he's gonna get in Utah.

BroncoManiac_69
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
They had better hope so because there's no way they win a game 7 in Denver. That crowd will be BEYOND pumped.

If we reach game 7 that crowd had better be pumped.

Last night they were sitting on their thumbs and golf clapping the entire first half. Sounded like a mortuary in there. At least they seemed to wake up in the 4th qtr.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Energy Solutions will be very raucous tomorrow night.

And you're right Cory. The refs have been calling bogus crap this whole series.

CoryWinget81
04-29-2010, 11:03 AM
I know Lakers fans are gonna rush in here and talk crap, but this is why I debate watching the NBA every season.

Call the damn game square. If a guy is trying to drive past with his LEFT hand and he's a right handed shooter, and he LOSES THE BALL, how is that a foul in the act of shooting? Like Scott said last night, "I guess he's gonna lay it up left handed from 19 feet away." and then the offensive foul on JR when he had his legs taken out from under him on a shot. Really?

BluenOrnge4Life
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/04/29/nene.update.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Please let it be just a sprain! :sad:

VenomousDB
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Yessir. Let's get it done tonight, boys.

I was being sarcastic haha...but good win nonetheless. Lets just take it one game at a time and hopefully bring this one back to Denver.

VenomousDB
04-29-2010, 11:47 AM
I know no one will care..or Im going to get a smartass answer like "yeah my brothers cousins uncles wifes nephew"

BUT my mechanic, yes my mechanic, said his neighbor is one of the heads of officiating for the NBA...he said he was going golfing with him and was going to ask what the hell was up with all the BS calls.

CoryWinget81
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
I know no one will care..or Im going to get a smartass answer like "yeah my brothers cousins uncles wifes nephew"

BUT my mechanic, yes my mechanic, said his neighbor is one of the heads of officiating for the NBA...he said he was going golfing with him and was going to ask what the hell was up with all the BS calls.

The mechanic will probably be fined by David Stern for questioning the integrity of the officials.

ERoyal248
04-29-2010, 12:49 PM
DENVER -- Medical tests have revealed that Nuggets center Nene Hilario only hyperextended his left knee and didn't tear his ACL as feared when he went down in the first half of Denver's Game 5 win over the Utah Jazz.

An MRI on Thursday revealed no ligament or meniscus damage in his sprained knee, the team said.

Nene didn't make the team's trip to Salt Lake City for Game 6 on Friday night, but if the Nuggets win that game, there's a possibility Nene could return to action Sunday night back in Denver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5148207

CoryWinget81
04-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Now I REALLY don't feel confident about game 6.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-29-2010, 03:16 PM
:
The mechanic will probably be fined by David Stern for questioning the integrity of the officials.
:laugh: funniest thing I've heard all day.

BroncoManiac_69
04-30-2010, 07:14 AM
:rockon: LET'S DO THIS NUGGETS! :rockon:

BroncoFanBoy
04-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Lets go nuggets

jazz will choke! Jazz will choke!

BluenOrnge4Life
04-30-2010, 07:55 AM
:rockon: LET'S DO THIS NUGGETS! :rockon:If we share the ball, play Defense, and get on the offensive boards, WE WILL win. Can The Nuggets do it again? I'm hopeful but I wouldn't bank on it. :D

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 07:58 AM
We have to play lights out D tonight and get some freakin energy going. Stop giving them second chance points by limiting their offensive rebounds. And for the love of GOD attack the damn basket. Pts off TO's and Pts in the paint win ballgames, Nuggets.

Utah has a hard time defending the screen and roll. With Melo, Chauncey, Lawson, JR and Afflalo we have 5 people who are elite (or almost elite) at the dribble drive. There no excuses anymore for the Nuggets. Put the ball on the floor and blow by. LETS WIN THIS GAME.

BroncoManiac_69
04-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Lets go nuggets

jazz will choke! Jazz will choke!

This is EXACTLY what some Jazz fans just said.

I'm friends with our SLC Fox13 news group. Great bunch. Anyway, the anchor Kerri said: Can the Jazz close it out tonight?

Lots of support of course saying Go Jazz etc.

I put my Go Nuggets in there. :D

Then a few of them said: Jazz will choke like they always do.

LET'S HOPE SO! :rockon:

Atwnbroncfan
04-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Lets get it done. Time to put up or shut up. Lets go boys. Time for Mr. Big Shot live up to the name.....

Nuggs 115-Jaz 113.....Melo with the game winner......:go:

BroncoManiac_69
04-30-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm Getting Nervous! :eek:

:huh:

ParkHill-71
04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
I've been nervous!

Lets get it Nuggets! Play hard and don't quit the mental part of it!

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
I said this on Facebook...but...

Tonight, we're gonna punch the Jazz right in the guts, and then on Sunday, we're gonna rip them out and leave them laying on I-25 while Deron and the rest of that overrated team run home with their tails between their legs.

We will NOT lose this series.

Southstander
04-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Best of luck tonight.:salute:

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 04:11 PM
One of my favorite Basketball pump up songs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=YkwQbuAGLj4&feature=related

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jy0UNPc8aw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=Z8OFs1D66Po&eurl=http://www.youtube.com/user/bektur34%23p/a/u/0/Z8OFs1D66Po

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 07:32 PM
i know its early on yet but i am NOT liking this right now. Playing selfish, consistently fouling and cant shoot while Utah are nailing every shot.

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
this is looking more and more like a blowout with each passing second. lakers likely going to close out as well, just to make things even better :sad:

Southstander
04-30-2010, 08:00 PM
While I don't follow Basketball, and if I have to pick a team to cheer for it is the C's I do want a....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6Hb1xxSjffs/SR331khaOpI/AAAAAAAACAk/3Fn9ZnmBRM0/s320/alex_english_jersey-arton29501-240x240.jpg

d-bronx42
04-30-2010, 08:10 PM
These refs are pretty awesome..................... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 08:23 PM
These refs are pretty awesome..................... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's a mess. I'm glad AD is being a bit more vocal now though, he was often guilty of just letting that sort of nonsense slide

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 08:30 PM
That's more like it lads! Graham is playing like a man possessed!!... here's where i start to worry though.... our 3rd quarter performances are often what cost us games... hopefully its gonna be different this time...

White Dragon
04-30-2010, 09:00 PM
I've lost all respect I had for Williams.

Anyone else see how Afflalo didn't even touch him and he 'faked' getting hit in the eye? That's absolutely ridiculous.

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 09:03 PM

Anyone else see how Afflalo didn't even touch him and he 'faked' getting hit in the eye? That's absolutely ridiculous.

cheat. and heres me thinking diving is something exclusive to soccer.... gets his 4th not long after... karma there!

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 09:11 PM
I am an Illini basketball fan, and I've lost every ounce of respect for Deron Williams. What a flopping little punk.

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 09:31 PM
I hope Lakers fans are watching this game so they can tell me that we whine about calls too much.

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 09:39 PM
yeah, this is getting ridiculous

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 09:41 PM
that shove could well cost us the season

Spyder
04-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I hope Lakers fans are watching this game so they can tell me that we whine about calls too much.

I just flipped over now that we advanced.

Why'd Martin push Williams for? That was pretty retarded.

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 09:45 PM
im up all night watching this now... if i end up having stayed up til 6 am to watch us lose and to see the lakers win with a second left, this laptop will go out the nearest window lol

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 09:48 PM
How is that a foul on carmelo?!! And then a technical!! This is a joke!

Spyder
04-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Looks like you guys are history.

I'd be really disappointed if I were a Nuggets fan, you can blame the refs all you want when you lose, but the discipline on this team is NOT there and the fundamentals of the game..no where to be found. Something is majorly wrong.

ERoyal248
04-30-2010, 09:52 PM

I'd be really disappointed if I were a Nuggets fan, you can blame the refs all you want when you lose, but the discipline on this team is NOT there and the fundamentals of the game..no where to be found. Something is majorly wrong.

Karl is why, but these refs have been ridiculous.. You breathe on the Jazz it's a foul. Theres still no reason the Nuggets should lose to the Jazz, especially without AK47 and Okur.

Spyder
04-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Karl is why, but these refs have been ridiculous.. You breathe on the Jazz it's a foul.

See that's the thing, I'll agree that the NBA refs have always been very, very... poor, but is that really a good excuse every single season? The ref excuse was used this year, last year, the year before that. Maybe there's another reason why this team has pretty solid talent and never lives up to what they're capable of doing.

rst08tierney
04-30-2010, 09:56 PM

Its self destruction worse then the 07-08 season. Not having Karl on the bench killed the composure of this team. The Nuggets need another PRODUCTIVE big man if they want to ever make it out of the first round again.

Melo summed it up by not running up the court in the last 2mins

Sorry guys, I was really looking froward for a rematch of last year

VenomousDB
04-30-2010, 09:57 PM
See that's the thing, I'll agree that the NBA refs have always been very, very... poor, but is that really a good excuse every single season? The ref excuse was used this year, last year, the year before that. Maybe there's another reason why this team has pretty solid talent and never lives up to what they're capable of doing.

Oh please, coming from a Lakers fan, give me a break.

ERoyal248
04-30-2010, 09:57 PM

Yeah i agree, i edited the post and said theres still no reason Denver should lose to them, especially without Okur and AK47. I think Karl is a big reason why they lost, Dantley is a bad coach. Playoff refs are awful, it's pathetic.

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 09:58 PM
14 free throws for the Jazz this qtr, 2 for us. joke. this is soul crushing stuff. we all get to see utah getting bounced by the lakers now, great. 6 am for this...:brick::brick:

Spyder
04-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh please, coming from a Lakers fan, give me a break.

Uhm, mind telling me exactly what you're talking about? It's the truth, every year around these boards the refs are blamed for every single loss. Nothing is ever put on lazy defense, stupid shots, tons of missed free throws, Kenyon Martin committing absolute retarded fouls, stupid T's.

You guys just lost a series to a team missing two of their starting players. I hope that's a big enough break for you. :)

Spyder
04-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Its self destruction worse then the 07-08 season. Not having Karl on the bench killed the composure of this team. The Nuggets need another PRODUCTIVE big man if they want to ever make it out of the first round again.

Melo summed it up by not running up the court in the last 2mins

Sorry guys, I was really looking froward for a rematch of last year

Yeah I agree. the last 20-25 games (including the playoffs) this team just looked awful. No direction, no heart, didn't seem to care. That must be tough.

rst08tierney
04-30-2010, 10:02 PM
14 free throws for the Jazz this qtr, 2 for us. joke. this is soul crushing stuff. we all get to see utah getting bounced by the lakers now, great. 6 am for this...:brick::brick:

Dont worry, the thunder had 40 more ft attempts then the lakers for the series. The league wants to keep the first round interesting for small markets

Southstander
04-30-2010, 10:02 PM
With both D-Wade and James contracts comming up is Melo's up as well?

Spyder
04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
With both D-Wade and James contracts comming up is Melo's up as well?

I think he's got a year left. I wouldn't be surprised if he bolts for the Knicks if they can't land Wade or Lebron.

ERoyal248
04-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Great, now we get to watch the Lakers kick the crap out of the Jazz.. They have Deron, Boozer, Millsap and a bunch of role players.. Lakers in 5, if that, probably a sweep.

Southstander
I think he's got a year left. I wouldn't be surprised if he bolts for the Knicks if they can't land Wade or Lebron.

Thanks.:salute:

rst08tierney
Lakers owe Anderson a pay check for the blow at the end on Williams

VenomousDB
04-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Uhm, mind telling me exactly what you're talking about? It's the truth, every year around these boards the refs are blamed for every single loss. Nothing is ever put on lazy defense, stupid shots, tons of missed free throws, Kenyon Martin committing absolute retarded fouls, stupid T's.

You guys just lost a series to a team missing two of their starting players. I hope that's a big enough break for you. :)

Im saying Laker players and fans arent innocent themselves. They blame the refs 100 percent of the time, or they "just werent on their game that night"..never any credit for the opposing team.

rst08tierney
04-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Im saying Laker players and fans arent innocent themselves. They blame the refs 100 percent of the time, or they "just werent on their game that night"..never any credit for the opposing team.

I agree, if its was not for the refs, the lakers would have won all 82 games this year and swept the thunder in the first round :doh:

But honesty, the NBA is a business and Stern has his entire fist in the refs pockets. The league is crooked

milehighireland
D-Will injured just in time for a series against the lakers.... Seriously?

In fairness, this was coming, soon as Karl went out this team started to unravel and tonight was just it being highlighted. off fishing now, maybe mark cuban can lend the lads a boat..

Spyder

Sounds like a generic answer, but okay.

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Someone is a little upset. ;) Maybe next year, yeah?

I dunno, I guess so. Kind of faux pas to come talkin crap after a blown elimination game, right?

VenomousDB
04-30-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree, if its was not for the refs, the lakers would have won all 82 games this year and swept the thunder in the first round :doh:

Laker fans and players always blame the refs, whats so hard to understand?

ERoyal248
Is Deron's injury serious, i didnt see it.. If so, Lakers sweep, they may sweep regardless.

Spyder
I dunno, I guess so. Kind of faux pas to come talkin crap after a blown elimination game, right?

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

The Lakers won and the Jazz beat the Nuggets in 6 just as I predicted a few pages back.

So all's good tonight.

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 10:12 PM

The Lakers won and the Jazz beat the Nuggets in 6 just as I predicted a few pages back.

So all's good tonight.

Please, please, quit being a smug jerk. Please?

rst08tierney
04-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Im getting my broom ready for the next series

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Is Deron's injury serious, i didnt see it.. If so, Lakers sweep, they may sweep regardless.

Lakers in 6 at the absolute worst, if Deron is gone, sweep. Utah dont match up well with them at all.

They'll likely be back representing the west in the finals this year, great.

Spyder
04-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Please, please, quit being a smug jerk. Please?

I'm not.

I'm just saying if I were a Nuggets fan, I'd be pretty disappointed with my team. You guys pay like a gazillion dollars to a bunch of dudes who don't even try half the time.

I was really, deep down hoping for a rematch.

rst08tierney
04-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Lakers in 6 at the absolute worst, Utah dont match up well with them at all.

Whos going to match up with our big line up? Gasol,Bynum,Odem,Kobe,Artest?

rst08tierney
04-30-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm not.

I'm just saying if I were a Nuggets fan, I'd be pretty disappointed with my team. You guys pay like a gazillion dollars to a bunch of dudes who don't even try half the time.

You gotta leave them alone, they won the regular season series, remember?

Spyder
Im getting my broom ready for the next series

Same. We'll coast into the WCFs. I just hope the PHX-SA series isn't TOO long. Too many days off between series' sucks!

ERoyal248
Lakers in 6 at the absolute worst, if Deron is gone, sweep. Utah dont match up well with them at all.

I dont see it going anymore then 5 if Deron will play. If he's out, they get sweeped. Lakers are so lucky, avoid the Mavs and Nuggets in the West, now Deron Williams may be out.. They get the Spurs or Suns in WCF, how much easier path does it get.

Broncoholic JS
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
I am so over this force/hump/god/whatever that is keeping the Nuggets down and from succeeding. First it was George Karl our leader going down, then it was Nene getting hurt, and overall it was like the season toyed with our hearts. Giving us false hope at the beginning with the challenge for the #2 seed in the conference. The slide was unexpected with early play, but it is what we expect in Denver with all of our teams. I am tired of the other teams who have won in the past always beating us in the playoffs (Spurs, Lakers, and now the Jazz). When is our turn? It has been a long time and I am tired of waiting.

I am so proud of you boys though! Lets hope Martin can restructure his contract so we can bring in answers as this current team doesn't have the tools to succeed. Something new needs to happen and fast, we don't deserve this and I hope the Nuggets rise above this and make themselves better because of it.

I am tired of saying it every year at the end of the postseason, but...

;LETS GO NUGGETS IN 2010-2011!!

CoryWinget81
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
You gotta leave them alone, they won the regular season series, remember?

Which I myself never talked crap about.

rst08tierney
04-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Lets hope Martin can restructure his contract so we can bring in answers as this current team doesn't have the tools to succeed.

Martin is a major problem. He is a regular season weapon X and vanishes when the playoffs come. Kmart needs to go in a package deal for savvy vet

Spyder
04-30-2010, 10:21 PM
I am so over this force/hump/god/whatever that is keeping the Nuggets down and from succeeding. First it was George Karl our leader going down, then it was Nene getting hurt, and overall it was like the season toyed with our hearts. Giving us false hope at the beginning with the challenge for the #2 seed in the conference. The slide was unexpected with early play, but it is what we expect in Denver with all of our teams. I am tired of the other teams who have won in the past always beating us in the playoffs (Spurs, Lakers, and now the Jazz). When is our turn? It has been a long time and I am tired of waiting.

I am so proud of you boys though! Lets hope Martin can restructure his contract so we can bring in answers as this current team doesn't have the tools to succeed. Something new needs to happen and fast, we don't deserve this and I hope the Nuggets rise above this and make themselves better because of it.

I am tired of saying it every year at the end of the postseason, but...

;LETS GO NUGGETS IN 2010-2011!!

You guys might also want to restructure Nene's contract because no way is that dude worth 10mil a year. You might wanna also think about letting Andersen go, cause that dude is insanely overrated.

Broncoholic JS
04-30-2010, 10:21 PM

Carmelo is signed through 2011-2012, I don't see him going anywhere. He will be a career Nugget.

Spyder
04-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Carmelo is signed through 2011-2012, I don't see him going anywhere. He will be a career Nugget.

Oh, my bad. I read he was free in 2011 since every where I've read claims the Knicks and a few others are on the East Coast are aiming for him in '11.

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 10:25 PM
I dont see it going anymore then 5 if Deron will play. If he's out, they get sweeped. Lakers are so lucky, avoid the Mavs and Nuggets in the West, now Deron Williams may be out.. They get the Spurs or Suns in WCF, how much easier path does it get.

I actually cannot believe their luck, they win the series on a last second shot (as they do)... although i'll put that down to being clutch i suppose...
mavs in one of their most promising seasons ever choke, we lose karl and do the same, Deron Williams plays the series of his life against us and hurts his arm at the very end just in time for an upcoming trip to staples... and after they dispatch Utah they either get suns who they generally own or 7th seeded San Antonio... Finals are either going to be the coveted Kobe/Lebron fest or a rematch of last year.. fantastic.

Broncoholic JS
04-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Not having George Karl in this series was huge too. A lot of this series loss can be blamed on poor coaching by Dantley.

rst08tierney
04-30-2010, 10:27 PM
I actually cannot believe their luck, they win the series on a last second shot (as they do)...
mavs in one of their most promising seasons ever choke, we lose karl and do the same, Deron Williams plays the series of his life against us and hurts his arm at the very end just in time for an upcoming trip to staples... and after they dispatch Utah they either get suns who they generally own or 7th seeded San Antonio...

The problem is Cleavland having HCA, its never been the west

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 10:33 PM
It'll probably be a rematch of last year, with the same result... Cavs never seem to play well against Orlando.

Southstander
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM

For the Nuggets fans I hope so, but for now that is only hopful thinking.

No that there is anything wrong with it.

ERoyal248
04-30-2010, 10:37 PM
It'll probably be a rematch of last year, with the same result... Cavs never seem to play well against Orlando.

Orlando has homecourt and last year our backcourt was Alston and Lee, this year it's Jameer whos playing out of his mind and VC.. Magic or Cavs will have homecourt unless somehow Boston wins the East.

Broncoholic JS
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game tonight as I had other things going on BUT...I was listening to the final 7 minutes on the radio on the way home. They mentioned that JR Smith wasn't even joining in on the huddle at timeouts and what not. Is this true? Also, I don't like the guy but Deron Williams went down?

ERoyal248
04-30-2010, 10:42 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game tonight as I had other things going on BUT...I was listening to the final 7 minutes on the radio on the way home. They mentioned that JR Smith wasn't even joining in on the huddle at timeouts and what not. Is this true? Also, I don't like the guy but Deron Williams went down?

I didnt see the end of the game, i heard Deron went down, not sure how bad it is. He shouldn't of been in the game, they had it all wrapped up..

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Orlando has homecourt and last year our backcourt was Alston and Lee, this year it's Jameer whos playing out of his mind and VC.. Magic or Cavs will have homecourt unless somehow Boston wins the East.

In fairness Orlando have looked excellent so far, they're getting a nice rest too and will probably either sweep or win in 5 against hawks/bucks.

Still, right now, its hard to see past the lakers unfortunately... they have that sort of feeling about them again and things are falling into place nicely for them

milehighireland
04-30-2010, 10:48 PM

Yeah, Andersen injured his arm in the last second or so. And as for JR, it wouldnt surprise me. His contribution tonight was precisely F all, as we say round here. i suppose he'll be off on twitter blaming everybody but himself for this now.

Broncoholic JS
3 things need to happen in the offseason...

1. Kenyon MUST restructure to allow us to sign some high named FA (cough cough Bosh or maybe Wade).

2. Deal JR Smith, his childish attitude must go and we need someone more team oriented.

3. Sign Carmelo to a long term contract. He has a player option for 2011-2012 and unless you give him a good nucleus is surely gone.

and

4. Bring in some proven defenders as the high powered offense we have now doesn't seem to want to play D.

Okay that was 4, but who cares? LOL

ERoyal248
In fairness Orlando have looked excellent so far, they're getting a nice rest too and will probably either sweep or win in 5 against hawks/bucks.

Still, right now, its hard to see past the lakers unfortunately... they have that sort of feeling about them again and things are falling into place nicely for them

How exactly, Orlando is better then last year, better starters, better bench, more experienced. Ariza killed Orlando in the Finals, Artest has been MIA so far in the playoffs. There bench outside of Odom is inconsistent. Jameer has been the X Factor so far and Dwight hasnt even played much yet due to the refs, we still sweep.

How many teams can sweep a team with there best player in foul trouble in all 4 games. We'll see though, i still think the Cavs/Magic if both get there goes 7 games. It would be one heck of a series.

Broncos-R-Great
04-30-2010, 11:44 PM
People can blame the refs all they want but that was a pathetic 4th quarter by the Nuggets, it was painful to watch, it's almost like they wanted to lose just so the season would be over.

milehighireland
05-01-2010, 04:32 AM
How exactly, Orlando is better then last year, better starters, better bench, more experienced. Ariza killed Orlando in the Finals, Artest has been MIA so far in the playoffs. There bench outside of Odom is inconsistent. Jameer has been the X Factor so far and Dwight hasnt even played much yet due to the refs, we still sweep.

How many teams can sweep a team with there best player in foul trouble in all 4 games. We'll see though, i still think the Cavs/Magic if both get there goes 7 games. It would be one heck of a series.

I just find it hard to go against a Laker team as experienced and clutch as they are when the finals come around. Would love if Orlando proved me wrong, of course they can do it, one worry id have is that a series against the cavs could take a lot out of them while i expect LA to cruise through their remaining playoff games

People can blame the refs all they want but that was a pathetic 4th quarter by the Nuggets, it was painful to watch, it's almost like they wanted to lose just so the season would be over.

It's down to Dantley. Dont mean to be getting on the man's back, but he really was in over his head. He may have a future in coaching yet but this team is one full of egos and prima donnas (hate to say it, but everyone here knows it) and only the very best at coaching can get it to reach its potential. Dantley is not, and just to make it more difficult he was up against one of the very best coaches in the game in Jerry Sloan. IMO this advantage Utah had in coaching far outweighed our advantage on the court when Okur and AK-47 went down.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-01-2010, 08:04 AM
J.r. smith needs to go. That is all for now.

Axemaster
05-01-2010, 08:20 AM

At least the Birdman took out that punkassed little punk for the next round. The Lakers are gonna school these punks in 4 straight easy!

Axemaster
05-01-2010, 08:24 AM

Speak for your OWN team, we really dont want any opinions from a fan of a team that couldnt even sweep the #8 seeded Thunder.

I pray that the Fakerz somehow make the Finals, cause either Cleveland or Orlando ar SOOOOO much better then them right now it isint even CLOSE!:go:

Axemaster
05-01-2010, 08:28 AM

So all's good tonight.

*** are you anyway???? The ROD of the NBA???

Axemaster
05-01-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm not.

Yep, I really thing you ARE ROD, just substitute his MANCRUSH for Phyllis, and yours for KOBE, and there you go!!!!:salute:

Spyder
05-01-2010, 01:35 PM
At least the Birdman took out that punkassed little punk for the next round. The Lakers are gonna school these punks in 4 straight easy!

Yeah. Atleast he did something, right? Cause he didn't do jack all playoffs scoring wise or rebounding wise! LOL.

Speak for your OWN team, we really dont want any opinions from a fan of a team that couldnt even sweep the #8 seeded Thunder.

The Thunder are a very, very solid team right now and would have knocked Denver out in 5 or 6 easy. They also took us to the same amount of games as Denver did last season in the WCFs. You know, when Denver was actually half way decent? Nice try though.

Yep, I really thing you ARE ROD, just substitute his MANCRUSH for Phyllis, and yours for KOBE, and there you go!!!!:salute:

*** is ROD?

I haven't said anything about Kobe in the past 4-5 pages or so, so your assumption that I have some type of mancrush on the dude isn't even funny. You're trying waaaay too hard now man.

Come on now. You can do better.

The Experience
05-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Disappointing season for Denver. Too much talent not too get deep in the playoffs. To much to get over with K-Mart playing on one knee and Karl out. I hope this makes all the GK haters realize how good of a coach he really is. Dantley is a very good assistant coach. He can be a very good HC if he steps up and demands accountability from the players and gets a little angry once and a while. The team really is a mess right now. I hope this shows the FO that they need a true C. Nene isn't cutting it. Petro is better and has the ability to be that guy. IMO it is time to cut ties with Nene. It will be hard to find a team to deal him to because of his ridiculous contract. But it is time for him to go..... There are great pieces already in place on this team as far as Chauncey and Melo. Smith needs to step up. AA was a great addition and Lawson is the future. Petro IMO is the missing piece. We need another banger off the bench as well. If the team doesn't do demonstrably better next year then it is time to blow things up.

TheQBGuru
05-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I think Denver needs some help in the front court. Someone like a Gasol or Bynum would be perfect for this team.

The Experience
05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I think Denver needs some help in the front court. Someone like a Gasol or Bynum would be perfect for this team.

Of course they would, but neither of those two are gonna happen. I think Petro can be that guy but they still need another banger anyway.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
The Thunder are a very, very solid team right now and would have knocked Denver out in 5 or 6 easy. You don 't know that. Basketball is a game of matchups, and Chauncey was struggling to cover D Will. Denver handled OKC pretty well during the regular season, even at the end when we were on the decline.

Spyder
05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
You don 't know that. Basketball is a game of matchups, and Chauncey was struggling to cover D Will. Denver handled OKC pretty well during the regular season, even at the end when we were on the decline.

Yeah. I don't know that, but somehow that other guy knows that it's something to be ashamed about that the Thunder beat us twice. Oh well.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah. I don't know that, but somehow that other guy knows that it's something to be ashamed about that the Thunder beat us twice. Oh well.yeah LA shouldn't be ashamed at all, they won in 6. Kevin Durant was the scoring champ, he is a super star. Dude is going to win some games in a 7 game series.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-01-2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_14996988

"SALT LAKE CITY — In the biggest moments of the most critical game of the Nuggets' season, veteran guard J.R. Smith sat on the bench and pouted Friday night.

In another display of no regard to authority that has peppered Smith's time in Denver, he sat on the very end of the bench and pretty much remained there from 2:35 in the third quarter to 4:23 in the fourth quarter, when Nuggets acting head coach Adrian Dantley put him in the game as the team searched for any kind of a quick offensive spark.

Smith sat on the end of the bench during every timeout during that time — at 8:23 in the fourth quarter and at 6:00 in the fourth as well.

He did not get up and participate in huddles. He didn't respond when teammates and assistant coach Jamahl Mosley went over to get him engaged in the game.

Asked why he acted in that manner, Smith said, "I'm not really sure." Asked what frustrated him that much, Smith said, "The whole game, pretty much."

He did get up once to yell observations to Chauncey Billups at one point during the fourth quarter.

Then he resumed his seat at the end of the bench. Even when he was put back in the game, on the next timeout Smith barely listened, instead choosing to stay on the outskirts of the huddle, while the other four who were in the game sat within earshot of Dantley.

Dantley said he was unaware of Smith's sulking.

"I didn't see what happened with J.R.," Dantley said. "He didn't get in an argument with me."

Smith finished Game 6 of the Jazz series with three points. He hit 1-of-4 shots. He missed all three of his 3-point attempts. He is going into the last year of a three-year contract next season and said he still wants to be part of the core of the Nuggets.

"Yeah," Smith said. "I don't want to go anywhere."

Bye Bye. :salute:

Southstander
05-01-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=138010&catid=339

Nuggets coach George Karl is back in the hospital due to a blood clot in his leg. His life partner, Kim Van Deraa confirmeed on her blog that the coach was being treated for the situation. Karl went throught a frightening blood clot situation earlier in his fight against throat and neck cancer.

Van Deraa then posted a blog this afternoon:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2010/05/01/george-karl-again-hospitalized-for-blood-clot-in-leg

BluenOrnge4Life
05-01-2010, 07:09 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=138010&catid=339Yeah I just read this too. Horrible news. :sad:

d-bronx42
05-02-2010, 01:27 PM
On the bright side, at least NeNe didn't tear his other ACL, as that could have easily ruined his career... I really hope the front office considers trading this guy and a draft pick for an actual big man who isn't such a p#^&*#.

I hope Wesley Matthews tears every ligament in his knee however... That guy flopped over 15 times in the series against the Nuggets and i cant stand the way that guy plays. He knew the only way he could guard Melo was to flop like a fish out of water anytime Melo drove to the basket.

He makes Manu Ginobli look like Rambo...

rst08tierney
05-02-2010, 01:54 PM

I pray that the Fakerz somehow make the Finals, cause either Cleveland or Orlando ar SOOOOO much better then them right now it isint even CLOSE!:go:

Blah Blah Blah. Give credit where credits due. OKC by far is the second best team in West as things stand today. Their youth will give any team problems especially in transition. They were by far the best 8 seed in the last 10 years.

Please dont forget the Thunder also set an NBA record for FT discrepancy with going to the line 50 times more then the Lakers did in the 6 game series.

But hey, then again you were the same guy bragging about the Nuggets winning the season series over the Lakers...........(I let that one simmer by its self) why should I even try.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Blah Blah Blah. Give credit where credits due. OKC by far is the second best team in West as things stand today. Their youth will give any team problems especially in transition. They were by far the best 8 seed in the last 10 years.

Please dont forget the Thunder also set an NBA record for FT discrepancy with going to the line 50 times more then the Lakers did in the 6 game series.

But hey, then again you were the same guy bragging about the Nuggets winning the season series over the Lakers...........(I let that one simmer by its self) why should I even try.are you seriously going to crown okc as the second best team in the west because they won 2 games? They were the 8th seed and lost in the first round! L.a. hasn't even proven to be the best in the west yet this year but somehow okc is 2nd because they played you tough.

rst08tierney
05-02-2010, 05:48 PM
are you seriously going to crown okc as the second best team in the west because they won 2 games? They were the 8th seed and lost in the first round! L.a. hasn't even proven to be the best in the west yet this year but somehow okc is 2nd because they played you tough.

Actually, I'll give you my top 8 teams before the playoffs started. If I had to make a new list as of today,things would not change. Both the Thunder and the Spurs were the most under rated teams going into the playoffs this year, period. The Lakers and the Nuggets by far were the most over rated. OKC should have taken the series to 7 and they would have much more respect then they have now. Expect the Thunder to land a Veteran big man in the off season to make a run at the title next year and gain the peanut gallerys respect.

1 Spurs
2 Thunder
3 Lakers
4 Jazz
5 Suns
6 Dallas
7 Nuggets
8 Portland

BroncoManiac_69
05-02-2010, 11:41 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=138010&catid=339

Yeah I just read this too. Horrible news. :sad:

As if the team didn't suffer enough from this crisis that has struck coach, now this.

Our sincere thoughts and prayers to coach.

Both of them miss each each other. Let's hope both get to meet again in their quest to do what means the most to both of them.

Kno-Sean
05-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Actually, I'll give you my top 8 teams before the playoffs started. If I had to make a new list as of today,things would not change. Both the Thunder and the Spurs were the most under rated teams going into the playoffs this year, period. The Lakers and the Nuggets by far were the most over rated. OKC should have taken the series to 7 and they would have much more respect then they have now. Expect the Thunder to land a Veteran big man in the off season to make a run at the title next year and gain the peanut gallerys respect.

1 Spurs
2 Thunder
3 Lakers
4 Jazz
5 Suns
6 Dallas
7 Nuggets
8 Portland

Man that is dumb...

The Lakers are the Champs until proven differently. The Lakers are by far the Best in the West. The Lake Show has another gear we have yet to see. Your list is totally out of whack.

1 Lakers
2 Suns
3 Spurs
4 Mavs
5 Jazz
6 Nuggets
7 Portland
8 Thunder

I mean ya the Thunder played well at home for games 3 and 4, yet they still didn't prove anything. They beat the Lakers in 2 games and then got STOMPED in game 5 when the Lake Show decided they didn't wanna mess arond anymore. OKC hasn't proved anything.

Bronco51
05-03-2010, 12:58 PM
In my dreams the Nuggets would find a way to deal JR, Nene, KMart, and Birdman and be able to bring in Bosh and Nowitzki. Come on Nuggets!! Go and spend like Steinbrenner.

rst08tierney
05-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Man that is dumb...

The Lakers are the Champs until proven differently. The Lakers are by far the Best in the West. The Lake Show has another gear we have yet to see. Your list is totally out of whack.

You gotta understand I made my list before the playoffs started. Tell me why the Spurs should not be #1 going in? Just look at the stats and who they beat coming in. I fully understand the lakers have another gear but they played like trash after the all start break and were playing VERY far from a championship level. OKC proved they can hang with the best and the rest of my list is 100% accurate due to elimination. (The Spurs and Lakers in the Western Conf finals will be epic this year)

Sun, Mar 28 @ Boston W 94-73 44-28 M. Ginobili 28 D. Blair 11
R. Jefferson 11 M. Ginobili 7

Mon, Mar 29 @ New Jersey L 84-90 44-29 G. Hill 19 T. Duncan 12 R. Jefferson 5

Wed, Mar 31 Houston W 119-102 45-29 G. Hill 30 T. Duncan 10 M. Ginobili 10

APRIL

Fri, Apr 2 Orlando W 112-100 46-29 M. Ginobili 43 T. Duncan 8 G. Hill 9

Sun, Apr 4 @ LA Lakers W 100-81 47-29 M. Ginobili 32 T. Duncan 11 M. Ginobili 5

Tue, Apr 6 @ Sacramento W 95-86 48-29 R. Jefferson 18 A. McDyess 11 M. Ginobili 6

Wed, Apr 7 @ Phoenix L 101-112 48-30 R. Mason 18 D. Blair 8 T. Parker 5

Fri, Apr 9 Memphis L 99-107 48-31 M. Ginobili 26 T. Duncan 10 T. Parker 8

Sat, Apr 10 @ Denver W 104-85 49-31 T. Duncan 18 T. Duncan 10 M. Ginobili 7

Mon, Apr 12 Minnesota W 133-111 50-31 K. Bogans 17 I. Mahinmi 7 T. Parker 7

Wed, Apr 14 @ Dallas L 89-96 50-32 D. Blair 27 D. Blair 23 R. Mason 6

Kno-Sean
05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
You gotta understand I made my list before the playoffs started. Tell me why the Spurs should not be #1 going in? Just look at the stats and who they beat coming in. I fully understand the lakers have another gear but they played like trash after the all start break and were playing VERY far from a championship level. OKC proved they can hang with the best and the rest of my list is 100% accurate due to elimination. (The Spurs and Lakers in the Western Conf finals will be epic this year)

If they are the Best in The West then why did they get a 7 or 6 seed, whichever they got. And how can you put OKC over the Lakers when the Lakers beat them in a 6 game series, doesn't make any sense to me at all man.

rst08tierney
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
If they are the Best in The West then why did they get a 7 or 6 seed, whichever they got. And how can you put OKC over the Lakers when the Lakers beat them in a 6 game series, doesn't make any sense to me at all man.

let me break this down again for you. Please pay attention this time.

You gotta understand I made my list before the playoffs started.
My top 8 in the west WAS BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS STARTED, and I passed the comment that I would not make any changes at this point of the playoffs to the list. I gave the Spurs the top seat due to how they finished the season and how Ginobili & Parker impacted their line ups going into the play-offs

:doh:

Have you ever looked at power rankings before?

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

Kno-Sean
05-03-2010, 06:19 PM
So you mean that you actually thought OKC was going to beat the Lakers? I suggest changing your pic and sig...

Bronco_Armada
05-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Wonder if the Nuggs will go after Bosh?

I know my damn knicks will not.

They are still playing with them selves over James

:P

milehighireland
05-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Wonder if the Nuggs will go after Bosh?

I know my damn knicks will not.

They are still playing with them selves over James

:P

Knicks really putting their eggs in the one basket with LeBron.... what are they gonna do if he decides he'll stay with the Cavs?

Bosh sighted at Lakers game... not good, hes likely gonna end up there and its us that should be going after him :sad:

rst08tierney
05-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Knicks really putting their eggs in the one basket with LeBron.... what are they gonna do if he decides he'll stay with the Cavs?

Bosh sighted at Lakers game... not good, hes likely gonna end up there and its us that should be going after him :sad:

Bosh wont be a Laker unless he signs for less then he's worth. The lakers will already have problems unloading expiring contracts such as

Morrison,Farmar,Sasha,Luke

I expect the lakers to over hall the bench completely next year and some how have a hard time thinking Bosh will fit as one of the pieces

BluenOrnge4Life
05-06-2010, 01:14 PM

Bosh sighted at Lakers game... not good, hes likely gonna end up there and its us that should be going after him :sad: I doubt he will go there. I would love to see us go after him though.

Bronco_Armada
05-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Bosh wont be a Laker unless he signs for less then he's worth. The lakers will already have problems unloading expiring contracts such as

Morrison,Farmar,Sasha,Luke

I expect the lakers to over hall the bench completely next year and some how have a hard time thinking Bosh will fit as one of the pieces

I'll gain a little more respect for LA if they cut ties with Luke.

Do not like that guy.

CodyRoark
05-08-2010, 12:06 AM
The way Farmar talks and the type of satellite signal his ears get cracks me up!

Dude is a clown!

I talked with my buddy Scott Hastings today and we talked about the Nuggets bench...

He pretty much said, "Before the team does anything they need to sit down and think about where they are at right now, what kind of team they want to be." They need to get the right pieces to become a great team!

Starting with bench:

Last year the Nuggets bench was so amazing!

I miss LK!

So here is what I think:

Trade/Dump:
JR,Birdman, Malik, Nene, AC

Get:
Bosh/Stoudemire?

Keep:
Lawson,Afflalo,Melo,Billups,Petro,Graham, Kenyon, Koby Karl.

Starters:
Billups/Lawson
Afflalo/Karl
Carmelo/Graham
Stoudemire/Kenyon
Bosh/Petro

Projected Bench:
Lawson,Karl,Graham,Kenyon,Petro

Also would like LK back...

who knows thougH?

BluenOrnge4Life
05-08-2010, 10:55 AM
How about them spurs being the 'top' team in the west right now down 3-0. :D

rst08tierney
05-09-2010, 05:42 PM
The way Farmar talks and the type of satellite signal his ears get cracks me up!

Dude is a clown!

I talked with my buddy Scott Hastings today and we talked about the Nuggets bench...

He pretty much said, "Before the team does anything they need to sit down and think about where they are at right now, what kind of team they want to be." They need to get the right pieces to become a great team!

Starting with bench:

Last year the Nuggets bench was so amazing!

I miss LK!

So here is what I think:

Trade/Dump:
JR,Birdman, Malik, Nene, AC

Get:
Bosh/Stoudemire?

Keep:
Lawson,Afflalo,Melo,Billups,Petro,Graham, Kenyon, Koby Karl.

Starters:
Billups/Lawson
Afflalo/Karl
Carmelo/Graham
Stoudemire/Kenyon
Bosh/Petro

Projected Bench:
Lawson,Karl,Graham,Kenyon,Petro

Also would like LK back...

who knows thougH?

You gotta remember with Bosh, his natural position is Power Foward. You gotta keep Nene for the center position. Stoudemire is a "need to win now" type of player. Not sure how much he has left after this year and another 82 games next season. I would much rather see K-Mart get his walking papers and have a Bosh or a Stoudemire in the starting line up. (how much does he put against the cap?)

I think its time for the nuggets to make a decision on if they can compete for a title with what they have now, if not its time to get remaining value for the older vets like Billups. Im sure he has some good trade value left in him and Lawson would make a solid starter.

Again, size is the problem in the west. Who can match up with the lakers? Teams need to go big and at this point the FA center situation is very meek.

I like your moves but the team still needs size and a true center.

CodyRoark
05-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I agree there!

Billups is questionable at best. He seemed to have lost his legs and overall smartness of the game of basketball towards the end of the year. Instead of playing like a leader he played like a rookie and made rookie mistakes. Team has to start from scratch, keep players that will bloom this franchise: Carmelo,Afflalo,Lawson,Petro,Graham,Nene.

I like JR but I despise him too. You know what I mean. He is a question mark.

Birdman is as good as gone, Malik Allen/AC/Balkman are 0 contributors.

Keep: Melo/Billups/Lawson/Petro/Graham/Nene/Afflalo

Starters: Billups/Afflalo/Melo/Nene/Petro

Bench: Lawson/Karl/Graham

PF/C positions for bench need filled in... Hopefully Denver does well with offseason moves!

MNBroncs85
05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
I agree there!

Billups is questionable at best. He seemed to have lost his legs and overall smartness of the game of basketball towards the end of the year. Instead of playing like a leader he played like a rookie and made rookie mistakes. Team has to start from scratch, keep players that will bloom this franchise: Carmelo,Afflalo,Lawson,Petro,Graham,Nene.

I like JR but I despise him too. You know what I mean. He is a question mark.

Birdman is as good as gone, Malik Allen/AC/Balkman are 0 contributors.

Keep: Melo/Billups/Lawson/Petro/Graham/Nene/Afflalo

Starters: Billups/Afflalo/Melo/Nene/Petro

Bench: Lawson/Karl/Graham

PF/C positions for bench need filled in... Hopefully Denver does well with offseason moves!

Cmon JR is the man hes had some questionable games but I think hes key to this teams success. If anything get rid of Petro he really irritated me.

The Experience
05-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I hate to say it. But I think George Karl will have to retire. It's way too bad but he just is not doing well.

CodyRoark
05-10-2010, 06:20 PM
George's health is more important then the team.

Adrian Dantley don't deserve another chance, he was horrible as a replacement. If GK returns dump Dantley's ass and pick up Jeff Van Gundy or Byron Scott.

Southstander
05-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Should the Nuggets go after Wade or James to help out Melo?

The Experience
05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
George's health is more important then the team.

Adrian Dantley don't deserve another chance, he was horrible as a replacement. If GK returns dump Dantley's ass and pick up Jeff Van Gundy or Byron Scott.

Dantley can be a great HC when he figures out how to become a HC instead of an assistant.

I hate Jeff Van Gundy, I don't want him anywhere near the Nuggets. I would really like Scott though. Maybe if the Cavs don't win a title and Mike Brown gets fired then I would definitely like him. Sam Mitchell and Terry Porter would be good choices as well. I heard in the Post that Larry Brown may be out in Charlotte as well.

The Experience
05-10-2010, 06:42 PM

They should. But they are so tied up in the contracts of Nene and Kenyon Martin that there is no way that he will be able to afford James or Wade or even Bosh.

rst08tierney
05-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Denver's too small of a basketball Market for those two. Nugget season ticket holders would also have a major problem seeing a 20% - 30% ticket increase.

James needs to go where the moneys at. Under the current bargaining agreement, the max amount he can make is 16mil a year for his services. Denver does not have the marketing opportunities like Miami,Los Angeles or New York to keep James financially interested due to the cap on his sallary.

Atwnbroncfan
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I'd be happy to get any Center.

MNBroncs85
05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Absolutely, I wish the best for George Karl I strongly feel this team would still be in it if he was still coaching them because imo this team went way downhill once dantley took over.

The Experience
05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Good article on the b/r
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/388185-denver-nuggets-postseason-one-and-done-again-the-time-for-change-is-no

It may be a little harsh but it is really hard to disagree with what he says. Especially about our bigs.

Atwnbroncfan
05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Good article on the b/r
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/388185-denver-nuggets-postseason-one-and-done-again-the-time-for-change-is-no

It may be a little harsh but it is really hard to disagree with what he says. Especially about our bigs.

Getting Al Horford? Sign me up for that.

The Experience
05-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Getting Al Horford? Sign me up for that.

Ya I would love that too!

but unlikely........:sad:

BluenOrnge4Life
05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Good article on the b/r

It may be a little harsh but it is really hard to disagree with what he says. Especially about our bigs. I couldn't agree more. I love to cheer for Nene, Birdman, and Jr Smith, but in this league you need consistency in the Playoffs and they don't bring it. A trade definitely needs to be made.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-14-2010, 10:11 AM
GREAT NEWS!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5187854

The Experience
05-14-2010, 12:13 PM
GREAT NEWS!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5187854

I hope this happens. But I wouldn't put much into it. Karl also planned to come back before playoffs and after the 1st round. Karl's health is priority number 1. I just don't see him coming back unfortunately.

Atwnbroncfan
05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
I hope this happens. But I wouldn't put much into it. Karl also planned to come back before playoffs and after the 1st round. Karl's health is priority number 1. I just don't see him coming back unfortunately.

If we can't get George back, I'd like us to go hire Avery Johnson. He is as crazy as our players are.

The Experience
05-14-2010, 12:54 PM
If we can't get George back, I'd like us to go hire Avery Johnson. He is as crazy as our players are.

There are many guys on my list

Avery Johnson
Mike Brown (if he gets cut from Cleveland)
Sam Mitchell
Mike Woodson
Byron Scott
Stan Van Gundy (he may get canned from Orlando if they don't win it all)

CoryWinget81
05-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Stan Van Gundy (he may get canned from Orlando if they don't win it all)

That would be great if we fixed the front court. He's an inside out guy, and we have the perimeter shooters, now we just need the big man down low.

ParkHill-71
05-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Denver's too small of a basketball Market for those two. Nugget season ticket holders would also have a major problem seeing a 20% - 30% ticket increase.

James needs to go where the moneys at. Under the current bargaining agreement, the max amount he can make is 16mil a year for his services. Denver does not have the marketing opportunities like Miami,Los Angeles or New York to keep James financially interested due to the cap on his sallary.

lol....says a Lakers fan...:D
didnt we sign Kenyon Martin to a $90 something million dollar contract at one point....

Denver Absolutely has a market for players. Only, Wade and Carmelo probably wont be on the same team. Personaly, I dont think Melo could handle another scorer on this team that plays a similar role as him, but thats just me and my own bias I guess!

I am advocating us going after Wade in a trade player for player. Melo for Wade. Do I think it would happen, ummm no. I wanted Wade out of the draft that year, just to show you how much I admire him!

BluenOrnge4Life
05-18-2010, 11:10 AM
lol....says a Lakers fan...:D
didnt we sign Kenyon Martin to a $90 something million dollar contract at one point....

Denver Absolutely has a market for players. Only, Wade and Carmelo probably wont be on the same team. Personaly, I dont think Melo could handle another scorer on this team that plays a similar role as him, but thats just me and my own bias I guess!

I am advocating us going after Wade in a trade player for player. Melo for Wade. Do I think it would happen, ummm no. I wanted Wade out of the draft that year, just to show you how much I admire him!I do agree that Denver isn't too small of a market for Lebron, but Denver won't trade Melo. He is definitely staying here.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/18/karl.update.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

DENVER (AP) -- Nuggets coach George Karl has started showing up at work on occasion and getting out more as he slowly recovers from throat cancer and its complications.

Kim Van Deraa, Karl's life partner and mother of their 5-year-old daughter, wrote in her blog Tuesday that Karl's energy level is slowly rising and that he is still using a feeding tube for most of his nutrition but occasionally eats peaches.

"He has tried a few other things which usually ended with - I'm not ready for that!" Van Deraa wrote.

Van Deraa wrote that Karl is getting out to more places than just his doctor's office, where he frequently has to go to make sure his blood-thinning medication levels are right. Karl has twice been hospitalized with blood clots in his legs or lungs following his six-week radiation and chemotherapy treatment.

"He is in good spirits which is the most important thing!!!" Van Deraa wrote. "He also lost approximately 40 lbs which might not be great for his recovery process right now but once he is feeling better this will help his energy and activity level."

Karl, who turned 59 last week, has said he intends to return to coaching later this summer, health permitting.

Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke said Karl's health is the organization's No. 1 priority this offseason. The Nuggets, under acting coach Adrian Dantley, were eliminated by the Utah Jazz in the first round of the playoffs. The Nuggets were 42-21 under Karl, 13-12 under Dantley.

This is Karl's second bout with cancer. He beat prostate cancer several years ago. His son, Coby, who plays for the Nuggets, is a thyroid cancer survivor."

BluenOrnge4Life
05-20-2010, 07:47 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b4bKT

I'm a HUGE Melo fan, but I would have to agree with this article. Melo still needs to develop into a better player, Mentally.

rst08tierney
05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I think Amare Stoudemire will be VERY available at MLE after the Lakers/Suns series is over. Amare has shown he is not worth more then then 7mil a year and will be a steal with his media comments and lack of effort on the defensive end. (You cant blame the guy, Run and Gun for 82 games plus 2 rounds of the playoffs. I would be quite angry running up and down the court, not getting the touches I need for my team to win)

I honestly believe in any other organized system then the Suns "Gimmick Offense" he will excel and become an impact player for another 3 years in the CORRECT SYSTEM. (Inside out basketball)

Why im posting this is I feel Denver is the perfect fit. Let Anderson and Smith walk, pick up Amare. Denver now has another big to compete.I was hoping Cory/Atwn or another Die Hard could work out the numbers since you guys know your teams salary. Would this work with your current cap?

What do you think? Do you also agree that Amare (because of the Laker Series) is worth no more the MLE?

Chillez
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b4bKT

I'm a HUGE Melo fan, but I would have to agree with this article. Melo still needs to develop into a better player, Mentally.

Totally agree Melo mental toughness is weak. I like Melo a lot but I would have Kobe, Lebron, and Wade ahead of him. He's #4 for me great player though he just needs to do more in playoffs.

Atwnbroncfan
05-24-2010, 03:19 PM
I think Amare Stoudemire will be VERY available at MLE after the Lakers/Suns series is over. Amare has shown he is not worth more then then 7mil a year and will be a steal with his media comments and lack of effort on the defensive end. (You cant blame the guy, Run and Gun for 82 games plus 2 rounds of the playoffs. I would be quite angry running up and down the court, not getting the touches I need for my team to win)

I honestly believe in any other organized system then the Suns "Gimmick Offense" he will excel and become an impact player for another 3 years in the CORRECT SYSTEM. (Inside out basketball)

Why im posting this is I feel Denver is the perfect fit. Let Anderson and Smith walk, pick up Amare. Denver now has another big to compete.I was hoping Cory/Atwn or another Die Hard could work out the numbers since you guys know your teams salary. Would this work with your current cap?

What do you think? Do you also agree that Amare (because of the Laker Series) is worth no more the MLE?

If we signed Amare for 7-9 mill it would work. JR is slated to get 6 million next year and Birdman is slated to get 4 million. Plus we get 3 million freed up from Antonio McDyess, and we have our MLE.

So letting JR and Birdman walk would free up about 9 million, and with McDyess and the MLE we will have about 18 million to spend on our roster. (Unless Kroenke allows us to spend more).

We will probably resign Petro and Graham. But with them plus Amare that would spend around 13-15 million. So we would need the remaining 3 million to fill the roster.

However if we sign Amare we probably could trade off Nene for some sort of reserve scoring guard and some cash. Then use that 11 million freed by Nene to go sign Brendon Haywood, or some other Defensive Center.

But honestly Amare is out of our price range. If we unload Nene I'd like to take a look at Amare and Boozer.

On a side note

Report: Nuggets in talks to extend Carmelo Anthony
By Matt Moore
The Denver Nuggets aren't going to wait around to find out if they're going to be Cleveland'd or Toronto'd next summer when Carmelo Anthony hits the free agent market a year behind his famous friends.

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports that the Nuggets have scheduled face to face meetings with Melo's representatives in the next few weeks to begin preliminary discussions of a contract extension for the All-Star Forward The move symbolizes an aggressive maneuver on the part of the Nuggets to avoid Melo departing in free agency if things with the Nuggets were to go south.

It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds from two angles. First, it'll be telling to see how Melo handles this, with Washington's acquisition of the number one overall pick and interest in the town he grew up in picking back up. Additionally, Melo's agent is Leon Rose, who you may have heard also represents LeBron James. So Rose is likely to be preoccupied the next few weeks managing the biggest free agent contract in the history of the NBA.

Still, good for the Nuggets seeking to avoid this disaster. Melo's been willing in the past to forsake his options in pursuit of financial stability. Signing another long-term extension would further that approach and create a safety net for the Nuggets going forward. Melo's not looking to be a global icon. He just wants to make money and play basketball, it would seem.

And the Nuggets want to be the ones paying him to play basketball. They're reaching out early to keep that position.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/report-nuggets-in-talks-to-extend-carmelo-anthony.php

That is the best news of all.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
^ I saw this too, it's great news. What's funny is all the comments about that article. SOO many people think Melo is going to leave Denver but yet he is negotiating a contract extension before his contract is even up? :confused:
I don't see the logic in that. Melo stays IMO. :go:

ParkHill-71
05-25-2010, 05:15 PM
I do agree that Denver isn't too small of a market for Lebron, but Denver won't trade Melo. He is definitely staying here.

And in my opinion, that's to bad. I just keep re living the fakeness of him in my opinion. In my opinion, and it I admit its only this fans perspective, I have grown tired of his attitude. When I say attitude, I mean him not knowing when to shoot, when to pass, when to foul ect..ect....

Im tired of what I perceive the fake defense. The fake pass. Most of all, that ridiculous jumper at ill advised times. It sucks too, because when he's on, its mostly good. Still, I dont even get happy when he is on, as I think it perpetuates his not so smart play, or lazy play.

Just being honest. If he is on with that jumper, to me it can be even worse. Its just lazy sometimes. Like he just doesnt want to do the mental work. Which is fine, but the anticipation I have for him growing into what I think he can be if he applied himself....well lets just say, it's gone.

I don't think he will ever realize how good he can be. Well, I dont think he will relize that in DENVER! Sometimes change is good! My pops used to always talk about wasted talent. Tragically, I see a little bit of that in Melo.

Just how I see it. While he is a Nugget, I will support him, it's only I want more tho! I think its time!

BluenOrnge4Life
05-26-2010, 08:43 AM
And in my opinion, that's to bad. I just keep re living the fakeness of him in my opinion. In my opinion, and it I admit its only this fans perspective, I have grown tired of his attitude. When I say attitude, I mean him not knowing when to shoot, when to pass, when to foul ect..ect....

Im tired of what I perceive the fake defense. The fake pass. Most of all, that ridiculous jumper at ill advised times. It sucks too, because when he's on, its mostly good. Still, I dont even get happy when he is on, as I think it perpetuates his not so smart play, or lazy play.

Just being honest. If he is on with that jumper, to me it can be even worse. Its just lazy sometimes. Like he just doesnt want to do the mental work. Which is fine, but the anticipation I have for him growing into what I think he can be if he applied himself....well lets just say, it's gone.

I don't think he will ever realize how good he can be. Well, I dont think he will relize that in DENVER! Sometimes change is good! My pops used to always talk about wasted talent. Tragically, I see a little bit of that in Melo.

Just how I see it. While he is a Nugget, I will support him, it's only I want more tho! I think its time!Wouldn't it suck for us to trade Melo away for him only to go out on another team with a chip on his shoulder and lead them to a championship? I have my frustrations with Melo too but he has grown up a bit, and I still think he can develop into that complete player to take us to that next level.

I also tend to think much of his decision making might be in part because he doesn't trust a lot of his supporting cast. I would be more down for changing some of the pieces around Melo and giving him another few years (like they appear to be trying to do) to show us if he really can develop into that player to win us a championship. It was just a year ago that he was playing great in the WCF finals against Kobe... he is a Super Star and the face of the franchise, don't give up on him, yet.