PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Atwnbroncfan
01-11-2011, 07:44 PM
We suck plain and simple. What is it going to take to get this FO to get the deal done?

Broncoholic JS
01-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey Jason,
How about this game so far? We started off really slow, but took the lead late in the second quarter. I thought your Suns were going to run away with this.

GO NUGGETS!!

Broncoholic JS
01-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Afflalo is switching to beast mode tonight!!!

Atwnbroncfan
01-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Big game from AAA and Lawson.

Cahill
01-11-2011, 09:37 PM
FWIW

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Den, NJ, Det could be working feverishly for nothing. Sources say Melo has never told anyone, not even his reps, he's willing to sign in NJ
2 minutes ago

When will this drama end? I feel bad for you Nuggets fans. You guys probably just want to move on with this already.

Broncoholic JS
01-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I love seeing Blue Devils dunking on Tar Heels!!

GO NUGGETS!!

GO DUKE!!

DiversityA
01-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Wow, didn't expect this kind of game. The trade stuff is frustrating, so this was a nice change of pace. All I can say is I'm thankful we have guys like Ty, Arrrron, and even JR.

Broncoholic3233
01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
By boy Triple A went off big tonight! Love it, such a hard worker and has a promising future.

Great spark provided by Ty also, was hoping he would knock out Dragic to be honest. :laugh:

But PLEASE just get Melo out of here. If the Net stuff isn't going to work, ship him to NY for something.

I just want him gone and want to start "rebuilding" somewhat.

But if you trade Melo, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't get rid of Billups.

Go Nugs!

Vhailor
01-12-2011, 06:05 AM
You guys dismantled my Suns. I felt sick watching the Suns' embarrassing play, and turned it off close to the end of the 3rd quarter.

rst08tierney
01-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Beat the Heat!!

Broncoholic3233
01-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Beat the Heat!!

Oh, I want to beat them so badly. I hope Lebron gets humiliated.

It seems my hatred for Lebron has me wanting to beat the heat more than any other team, maybe even the Lakers. :confused:

Probably not, still hate the Lakers, but man I want to kill the Heat.

Atwnbroncfan
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Lebron probably wont be playing tonight.

12and4
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Go nuggets....

Atwnbroncfan
01-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Look what happens when we actually try.

Broncoholic3233
01-14-2011, 12:18 AM
So awesome! Great game to attend.

Hell of a game by JR!!!

WOO!!

Karma is a b**** ain't it Lebron. :laugh:

DiversityA
01-14-2011, 12:29 AM
The return of JR Swish! I'd like to say we can get some momentum after these last 2 games, but sadly I doubt that'll be the case.

jake15guy
01-14-2011, 01:35 AM
man i somehow hope we can find a way to keep melo. He's the heart of this team and seeing him going is going to suck!

i wish he would see that denver is the best place for him. Were one "dominate center" away from being a true contender. imo

12and4
01-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Did anyone see JR acting like his hand was on fire... lol

milehighireland
01-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Holy moley, what a result!

Bowie Man
01-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Does anyone know if the two 1st round picks in the proposed trade are still "protected"? I can't find anywhere it saying they are but I know in the offseason deal they tried to get through the picks were protected.

BluenOrnge4Life
01-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know if the two 1st round picks in the proposed trade are still "protected"? I can't find anywhere it saying they are but I know in the offseason deal they tried to get through the picks were protected.Are you referring to the Nets trade? New rumors have Melo possibly going to the Knicks, and I think they only have a 1st as far as picks go - which is nothing if you ask me because they are already a pretty good team.

Bowie Man
01-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Are you referring to the Nets trade? New rumors have Melo possibly going to the Knicks, and I think they only have a 1st as far as picks go - which is nothing if you ask me because they are already a pretty good team.

Yeah, the Nets. I don't think we'll trade Melo to the Knicks unless he says he won't go to NJ. Plus(if the three-team deal with Memphis is the direction they go), I don't like OJ Mayo......he's a jerk(IMO) and does not fill a need.

BluenOrnge4Life
01-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Yeah, the Nets. I don't think we'll trade Melo to the Knicks unless he says he won't go to NJ. Plus(if the three-team deal with Memphis is the direction they go), I don't like OJ Mayo......he's a jerk(IMO) and does not fill a need.Agreed, plus the draft pick would be almost worthless. The Knicks are already a good team and will likely be better with Melo, so that means the draft picks won't be that high.

At the beginning of the season, pretty much the same deal was on the table. I hope waiting doesn't end up costing us.

rst08tierney
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Congrats on the win. Did anyone catch half time when Webber said :

"it was just time for the Heat to step back and come back to earth"

Gotta give credit when credits due. JR Smith played lights out and the Nuggets followed suit!

Broncoholic3233
01-14-2011, 12:45 PM
man i somehow hope we can find a way to keep melo. He's the heart of this team and seeing him going is going to suck!

i wish he would see that denver is the best place for him. Were one "dominate center" away from being a true contender. imo

No thanks. Bye bye Melo.

Amari24
01-14-2011, 12:48 PM
No thanks. Bye bye Melo.

Actually I hope Melo stays, :D he can just do my Rockets a favor by dragging Denver into an even bigger hole, and opening up yet another late round seed :P

Broncoholic3233
01-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Actually I hope Melo stays, :D he can just do my Rockets a favor by dragging Denver into an even bigger hole, and opening up yet another late round seed :P

:nono:

How dare you.

:nono:

:D

12and4
01-15-2011, 01:40 AM
I want him to stay :(

Broncoholic3233
01-15-2011, 01:56 AM
I want him to stay :(

He is good, that is for sure. I hesitate to call him a superstar though.

I see a superstar as a player that truly changes a game. As much as I hate Lebron he has all the tools. He can shoot, he passes and he rebounds. He also plays defense.

Melo, until this year, only did the shooting part. This year he has finally be rebounding more. But he still is a ballstopper, he doesn't pass. He also doesn't play defense.

So, I have no problem with him going away and getting a few good players, along with 2-3 picks for chances at 2-3 more really good players.

Melo isn't the type of player that will win you a championship, he just isn't. We got Chauncey for that reason, and we played great, made it to the western conference finals, and lost.

We need height. We have plenty of people that can shoot ,but we don't play defense and we are out matched on the boards typically. If we can get a decent/good SF and a PF/C prospect for Melo and draft picks, hell yeah count me in.

Especially after today, his dream is to play in NY, that is fine, he grew up there, but he obviously doesn't want to be here anymore and I, along with many fans don't want him here anymore. He is getting booed at games and he really just isn't welcomed anymore.

I want the trade to happen sooner than later, and hopefully our front office doesn't screw us over.....wishful thinking it seems.

12and4
01-15-2011, 03:53 AM
If he signs a contract to stay in denver those boos will turn into cheers.

I'd rather have a team with chauncy and melo than one with a bunch of rooks... idk, thats just me... why look for a good player when you got one right here...

its like a win win, but to me its a WINNNNN if he stays and a win if he leaves

Amari24
01-15-2011, 02:07 PM

I'd rather have a team with chauncy and melo than one with a bunch of rooks... idk, thats just me... why look for a good player when you got one right here...

The most important thing today is having a dominant bigman, and that's what the Nuggets lack. They're potentially getting a Superstar PF/C in Favors. Melo isn't a superstar, and has hit his ceiling.

Bowie Man
01-15-2011, 02:26 PM

The Thunder had a team full of rookies and young players and look where they are now. They are built to be a contender for years.

broncoFan!
01-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Sign Carmelo please!!! :sad:The dude is great and fun to watch. Reminds me of a Lebron James except that he doesn't play defense and doesn't have the whole package behind him as Broncoholic said.

12and4
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
The Thunder had a team full of rookies and young players and look where they are now. They are built to be a contender for years.

http://heyyouwhysoserious.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/thunder.jpg

That should be thunders mascot....

(Thunder from killer instinct on SNES)

but yeah idk, rather have a team with melo and billups

DiversityA
01-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Poor Cavs...

Broncoholic3233
01-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Another great blowout, finally "clicking" somewhat it seems.

I hope Melo is gone soon, but man I am going to be hurt if Billups gets dragged along :(

Broncoholic3233
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Seth_Everett

Mikhail Prokorov just announced he instructed the Nets to walk away from the Carmelo Anthony deal.

Way to be a tool Melo. Also, way to keep sucking Nuggets FO.

:rolleyes:

I just want him gone. :(

There is a silver lining though, we get to keep Billups if this is true. :D

Broncoholic3233
01-19-2011, 04:05 PM
The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17139284?source=rss#ixzz1BWd68gIE

Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov flew from Russia to New Jersey today to say his team would no longer pursue Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony.

"There comes a time when the price is simply too expensive," he said during a news conference in New Jersey this afternoon. "I'm instructing our team to walk away from the deal."

Prokhorov said his meeting with Anthony, which was set for Thursday, is canceled.

"It's been too long and too expensive," he said.

When asked if that was a final decision, he responded, "for sure."

"It's my own decision," Prokhorov said. "(The Nuggets) had a very good proposal. They probably did their best to protect their interests.

But "I never met with Carmelo and I never spoke with him. Maybe he sent me an email, but i didn't see it. Or maybe the carrier pigeon got lost."

Prokhorov added: "I never received any negative information. But there was no direct information. It's my feeling of strategy."

When asked if he'd spoken with the Nuggets to tell them the deal was dead, he said: "No. You're the first to know."

Huge failure from that joke of a FO we have. :brick:

Now Knicks probably won't offer that much....they really don't have any competition anymore...

Atwnbroncfan
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Well we just went through this with the broncos and now the nuggets....ugh. We coulda had Favors, but us waiting killed us. We are now totally screwed.

milehighireland
01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
tbh it was as much melo being an ass as anything else

12and4
01-19-2011, 09:11 PM
I love me some lawson

Broncoholic3233
01-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I love me some lawson

I feel dirty saying this, as a Duke fan, but man I love me some Lawson too. Glad I got his jersey.

Provides that much needed spark and he is a frickin beast for how small he is.

Go Nugs, close this game out!

Broncoholic3233
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Great win.

Melo getting boo'd, lol.

Gah, just get it out of the way, get him outta here or force him to sign it, just do it, and do it now, tired of waiting.

CHARGER$
01-19-2011, 10:06 PM
just thought id drop and and say....

I was a huge sonics fan in the days of kemp, payton, cage, schrempf and gill.

I still remember mutumbo laying on the court with the ball over his face crying after they upset us. :fight:

Don't follow basketball too much anymore. :sad:

I will hate the nuggs forever just for that game!

Broncoholic3233
01-19-2011, 10:12 PM

I still remember mutumbo laying on the court with the ball over his face crying after they upset us. :fight:

Who is your team now though, even though you don't watch anymore? Thunder?

12and4
01-19-2011, 11:13 PM

I remember playing with mutumbo in nba jam 98, yesterday on my ps3 :D

I feel dirty saying this, as a Duke fan, but man I love me some Lawson too. Glad I got his jersey.

Provides that much needed spark and he is a frickin beast for how small he is.

Go Nugs, close this game out!

yeah, he's always in a hurry and i love it...

rst08tierney
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Lakers friday!

Bynum is probable for the game with a hyper extended elbow and Artest is running up and down the court like a 90 year old woman walking on glass.

Part of me wants to say we get run out of the building again but the other half is thinking 109 to 104 LA. Both teams need this win in a major way to get things back on track. Last game Nene exposed Gasol BAD.

*We have played 3 games in a rown with minimal attempts from the line. Is this the game we get the whistle on are side again?

Injury free game as always guys! :thumb:

Broncoholic3233
01-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Lakers friday!

Bynum is probable for the game with a hyper extended elbow and Artest is running up and down the court like a 90 year old woman walking on glass.

Part of me wants to say we get run out of the building again but the other half is thinking 109 to 104 LA. Both teams need this win in a major way to get things back on track. Last game Nene exposed Gasol BAD.

*We have played 3 games in a rown with minimal attempts from the line. Is this the game we get the whistle on are side again?

Injury free game as always guys! :thumb:

Can't wait.

I agree with your predictions, it is very possible we blow you guys out, we can blow out anyone in our own house and seems like we have in the past. BUT, we are so unpredictable, and well you are the Lakers, so I could see you guys wining too.

I hope for a good game, with a Nuggets win of course.

:salute:

Atwnbroncfan
01-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Can't wait.

I agree with your predictions, it is very possible we blow you guys out, we can blow out anyone in our own house and seems like we have in the past. BUT, we are so unpredictable, and well you are the Lakers, so I could see you guys wining too.

I hope for a good game, with a Nuggets win of course.

Agreed. Im going to the game so hopefully it will be a blow out. :D

Sidenote: Are you going to the game saturday night? Time for the white out at moby.

Broncoholic3233
01-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Agreed. Im going to the game so hopefully it will be a blow out. :D

Sidenote: Are you going to the game saturday night? Time for the white out at moby.

I'll be at the Nugs game tomorrow too.

About Saturday night, not sure, I'll either be there or at the Mammoths game. Hopefully we fill up the stadium though, either way.

BluenOrnge4Life
01-21-2011, 09:01 AM
As the Nets front office would put it, the Nuggets front office is 'The Mickey Mouse Club."

I may be wrong, but I think they totally messed this whole thing up. The Nets have now backed out of the trade and the Knicks aren't going to be able to give us nearly as much.

Why should they even give us anything? They know they can just get Melo at the end of the season without having to give up any picks or players.

The Nuggets should have traded Melo to the Nets at the beginning of the season when the offer was on the table - EVERYBODY knew he wanted to go to New York, but the front office took a gamble on him changing his mind and staying here. They gambled, and they are going to lose.

The Experience
01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Here is a great article and an even better video on our Head Coach George Karl.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/20/george-karl/index.html

What an awesome guy. I hope he is the Nuggets coach for as long as he wants to be. He really needs a ring. I'd hope that Melo would see that and just sign the damn extension but no......

Kno-Sean
01-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Here is a great article and an even better video on our Head Coach George Karl.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/20/george-karl/index.html

What an awesome guy. I hope he is the Nuggets coach for as long as he wants to be. He really needs a ring. I'd hope that Melo would see that and just sign the damn extension but no......

I miss him in Milwaukee :sad:

Axemaster
01-21-2011, 09:44 PM
If we have learned anything from the Nuggets front office over the years, it is that they screw up all the personell moves eventually. This 5 year run of playoffs with essentially 1 good player, and a team of role players, and one potential HOFer in Billups has still netted them jack squat, so Melo is gonna bail to a team that has no chance against Boston, or Miami, or Orlando in the East??

It all just really makes NO SENSE whatsoever!

Broncoholic3233
01-21-2011, 09:55 PM
My boy triple A doin it big tonight. Way to many lakers fans an no shows though.

Melo just needs to sign or so the crowd will be back to normal.

GO NUGGETS!

12and4
01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
My boy triple A doin it big tonight. Way to many lakers fans an no shows though.

Melo just needs to sign or so the crowd will be back to normal.

GO NUGGETS!

boooooo...

terrible second half.

Kno-Sean
01-21-2011, 11:01 PM
boooooo...

terrible second half.

What was JR Smith doing at 10 minute mark throwing his mouth guard and sleeve for?

Any who the Lakers looked very good.

rst08tierney
01-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Very happy with the lakers focus in the 3rd. Great game guys

Broncoholic3233
01-21-2011, 11:19 PM

Great game? Who you kidding...

Nuggets played selfish. Couldn't get a rebound. Refs were awful. Terrible game.

Save us your pity man....we know we played like crap.

This team is so upsetting, you have no idea.

DiversityA
01-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Great game? Who you kidding...

Nuggets played selfish. Couldn't get a rebound. Refs were awful. Terrible game.

Save us your pity man....we know we played like crap.

This team is so upsetting, you have no idea.
I'm with you. That was a far cry from last time we played LA for sure...
I mean seriously...does anyone on the team even know how to box out? Kenyon and Harrington were absolutely worthless and Nene was just overmatched. Ty and Afflalo were the only ones trying, which wasn't enough

Broncoholic3233
01-21-2011, 11:45 PM

I'm not trying to take it out on you, hope I didnt come of as a dbag.

Im just very upset with our team. Livid to be honest. I mean show up when at home. I'm also very upset with your fans. 75% of them were straight up classless and a good 25% straight up thugs.

Ugh...what an awful game, that's one of the games I look forward to the most and we straight up got our asses kicked.

12and4
01-22-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm not trying to take it out on you, hope I didnt come of as a dbag.

Im just very upset with our team. Livid to be honest. I mean show up when at home. I'm also very upset with your fans. 75% of them were straight up classless and a good 25% straight up thugs.

Ugh...what an awful game, that's one of the games I look forward to the most and we straight up got our asses kicked.

Agreed, i was looking forward to this one... disappointed to say the least.

Atwnbroncfan
01-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Best thing at the game today was the beer.

12and4
01-22-2011, 01:53 AM

I saw you on tv!

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 03:09 AM

Amen too that.

rst08tierney
01-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Artests 2 rebounds at the end of the game just sucked the life out of any come back hopes. Both teams still have some serious work to do before playoff time

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Ahhhh.....now Kobe called Nuggets fans idiots and stupid.

Any respect I had for him is gone. HATE him even more now. Hope Karma catches up to him like it did Lebron......what a tool.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Now granted I am biased being a huge Duke fan, I wanted to get other Nuggets fans opinion on this.

If we lose Melo (seems like a sure thing), in the draft should we take Kyle Singler to take his spot.

Not really sure how high Singler would go, but he is one hell of a player. He has good size at 6'8, 230lbs. He has a hell of a shot and he is a leader. He's also learned under one of the best, if not the best in Coach K.

I'd personally love him here, with or without Melo here to be honest.

The Experience
01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Ahhhh.....now Kobe called Nuggets fans idiots and stupid.

Any respect I had for him is gone. HATE him even more now. Hope Karma catches up to him like it did Lebron......what a tool.

His words are harsh, but he is right IMO. I'm not the biggest fan of Melo. But I will never boo anyone wearing a Nugget uniform. I think it is pretty bad what he has done to us these last few months, but he is a Nugget. Granted for not much longer, but I refuse to boo him. That may change when he is gone.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 04:34 PM
His words are harsh, but he is right IMO. I'm not the biggest fan of Melo. But I will never boo anyone wearing a Nugget uniform. I think it is pretty bad what he has done to us these last few months, but he is a Nugget. Granted for not much longer, but I refuse to boo him.

That is the thing, when you are a professional athlete, you have to watch what you say. He called us idiots and stupid, two separate times.

If he disagrees with what we are doing, you say it professionally, something like "They really shouldn't boo him, it isn't the right thing too do". But he didn't, so now I have lost all respect for him.

I haven't boo'd him, but I also don't really think its that big of a deal, people are expressing our displeasure he won't sign here. He should know people are booing because people don't want him to leave, they want him too stay, not just to hate on him.

The Experience
01-22-2011, 04:41 PM
That is the thing, when you are a professional athlete, you have to watch what you say. He called us idiots and stupid, two separate times.

If he disagrees with what we are doing, you say it professionally, something like "They really shouldn't boo him, it isn't the right thing too do". But he didn't, so now I have lost all respect for him.

I haven't boo'd him, but I also don't really think its that big of a deal, people are expressing our displeasure he won't sign here. He should know people are booing because people don't want him to leave, they want him too stay, not just to hate on him.
No I agree, I think Kobe should have worded it better.

I think no true Nuggets fan has business booing Melo. If they want him to stay, they should cheer not boo. If I were him, I wouldn't feel great about Denver if I am getting booed.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 04:43 PM
No I agree, I think Kobe should have worded it better.

I think no true Nuggets fan has business booing Melo. If they want him to stay, they should cheer not boo. If I were him, I wouldn't feel great about Denver if I am getting booed.

Right, and I think that is what Kobe is meaning to say, but he said it terribly and is going to receive much more hate now, deservedly so imo.

I want him gone, I am not gonna lie. It's been a great 7 year run with him, but I think it is time to move on. I really wanted Favors now, so if that is off the table, I am not really sure anymore.

I am split now, whether we should take a worse deal, or just keep him and hope he signs.

Toss up.

The Experience
01-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Right, and I think that is what Kobe is meaning to say, but he said it terribly and is going to receive much more hate now, deservedly so imo.

I want him gone, I am not gonna lie. It's been a great 7 year run with him, but I think it is time to move on. I really wanted Favors now, so if that is off the table, I am not really sure anymore.

I am split now, whether we should take a worse deal, or just keep him and hope he signs.

Toss up.

I really want him to re-sign, but I doubt it will happen.

The key for Denver is to get another team interested so there may be doubt for NY that he may not be there next year.

At this point I think we will probably get Chandler and Curry for Melo. Thats about it. That will change if we get another team interested.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 04:55 PM
I really want him to re-sign, but I doubt it will happen.

The key for Denver is to get another team interested so there may be doubt for NY that he may not be there next year.

At this point I think we will probably get Chandler and Curry for Melo. Thats about it. That will change if we get another team interested.

Yeah, that is prob NY best offer, I hope we would at least get 1 first round pick though.

But now onto my other question I posed, what do you think about drafting Singler?

The Experience
01-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, that is prob NY best offer, I hope we would at least get 1 first round pick though.

But now onto my other question I posed, what do you think about drafting Singler?

I don't get to watch Duke a ton. Big fan of Coach K. But from what I have seen I like Singler. Wouldn't mind him in Denver, especially if we don't get a SF in return for Melo.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't get to watch Duke a ton. Big fan of Coach K. But from what I have seen I like Singler. Wouldn't mind him in Denver, especially if we don't get a SF in return for Melo.
He isn't afraid to drive and he isn't afraid to crash the boards which is great. He is a very intelligent player, works hard as hell and has one hell of a shot. Most importantly though, he plays defense.

If you want to take the time, here are some great highlights of him:

2008-2009 highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoTFo_rarWE)

Team Highlights from last year but some great plays by Singler included (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr-NyZdDlos)

Kyle Singler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIhuu7fl0U8)

ERoyal248
01-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Not sure if it's true or not, but supposedly the Knicks offered this and the Nuggets declinded.

Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields, and a 1st round pick.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Not sure if it's true or not, but supposedly the Knicks offered this and the Nuggets declinded.

Woah, that would be dumb of us, imo. I don't think it is true though. I heard the Knicks definitely wouldn't trade Fields.

Amari24
01-22-2011, 05:28 PM

Of course they would decline that. No big man, and they'll probably want Bill Walker included.

DiversityA
01-22-2011, 11:19 PM

Whoa, I feel like that's the best deal we can get. I'd take it...not sure why we didn't. The Knicks have no big men I'd want (except Stoudemire of course), so let's just take the best players available. We could use that pick to get a better big.

The Experience
01-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Going to the game tonight! We better win.....

rst08tierney
01-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Lets Clarify Kobes comments. I do agree he should have worded it better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6047389

Atwnbroncfan
01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Lets Clarify Kobes comments. I do agree he should have worded it better.

I dont think it really matters anymore. Kobe's comments didnt even make news here. Just ont espn, it did show up on the nuggets blog on denverpost.com, but thats it. Most people in Denver have already forgotten about basketball because of this debacle. Everyone is gearing up for baseball season.

Broncoholic3233
01-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I dont think it really matters anymore. Kobe's comments didnt even make news here. Just ont espn, it did show up on the nuggets blog on denverpost.com, but thats it. Most people in Denver have already forgotten about basketball because of this debacle. Everyone is gearing up for baseball season.

Yup.

I can't wait for baseball season.

But I haven't forgotten about the Nugs

rst08tierney
01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Yup.

I can't wait for baseball season.

But I haven't forgotten about the Nugs

Nugs have an injury plagued team right now. If they can just get in the playoffs healthy WITH Melo, they will have a chance to beat anyone.

Dont forget about them........

Broncoholic3233
01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Nugs have an injury plagued team right now. If they can just get in the playoffs healthy WITH Melo, they will have a chance to beat anyone.

Dont forget about them........

I'd never forget them, love them too much. But I am just saying right now, baseball seems more appealing to Rockies fans.

Broncoholic3233
01-24-2011, 10:14 PM
This is why:

http://cdn.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/co-branded%20melodramatic2.jpg

White Dragon
01-24-2011, 10:54 PM
I'd never forget them, love them too much. But I am just saying right now, baseball seems more appealing to Rockies fans.

I'm a Mariners fan... so I'm stuck in the twilight zone.

The Nuggets are driving my crazy, Melo more specifically. The Avs aren't playing very consistently right now. Football season is over, at least Broncos football.

I really hope the Nuggets get at least decent value for Melo. I'd really be happy if a trade with New Jersey including Favors and first round picks went though.

Broncoholic3233
01-25-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm a Mariners fan... so I'm stuck in the twilight zone.

The Nuggets are driving my crazy, Melo more specifically. The Avs aren't playing very consistently right now. Football season is over, at least Broncos football.

I really hope the Nuggets get at least decent value for Melo. I'd really be happy if a trade with New Jersey including Favors and first round picks went though.

Yeah, Avs just have no defense, so when they don't score 3-4+ goals, they have trouble winning games. :(

Broncoholic3233
01-25-2011, 06:17 PM
That was one hell of a shot (obviously lucky....but still) by Booker to end the 2nd half. :O

Great first half by the Nuggets though. Just gotta keep it up, play strong the whole game, but it away in the 3rd so we can hopefully rest our starters for the back to back tomorrow.

Go Nugs!

Broncoholic3233
01-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow. Ty Lawson is sooo fast and sooo strong. Love watching him play. He also has one of the best touches on his layups, they seem to always go in, even when it looks like he is out of control.

Spice 1
01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow. Ty Lawson is sooo fast and sooo strong. Love watching him play. He also has one of the best touches on his layups, they seem to always go in, even when it looks like he is out of control.

Natural born shooter. He's got quicks, and is learning when to turn it on and off. He'll be in the league for a long time. Wanna trade him to the Cavs?

Broncoholic3233
01-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Natural born shooter. He's got quicks, and is learning when to turn it on and off. He'll be in the league for a long time. Wanna trade him to the Cavs?

As much as I feel sorry for you guys and hate Lebron for what he did too you, sorry, no. :P

Can't afford to lose the future.

12and4
01-25-2011, 11:45 PM
I missed the game :(

computer issues (not that i watch the games on my computer, that would be against the rules)

just was preoccupied with the computer so i missed the game which was on my tv because i have nba league pass... yeah

Spice 1
01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
As much as I feel sorry for you guys and hate Lebron for what he did too you, sorry, no. :P

Can't afford to lose the future.

Well all we gotta do is suck long enough to get Sullinger. I hope you guys get something for Melo. I think they should figure out a trade to Dallas. I'll bet Cuban would do it. They have a lot of talent sitting on their roster, and Cuban's out of his mind.

Broncoholic3233
01-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks man, so do I. At least Melo is not giving us false hope like that tool Lebron. It's our FO that is jacking around.

I have heard Houston and Dallas are looking to 'rent' him, not sure what the trades would include though, as it would probably only be a half season rental or less really.

Or I hope just one day he says, hell, I'd like to retire a Nugget. I just want the drama to stop.

BroncoFanBoy
01-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks man, so do I. At least Melo is not giving us false hope like that tool Lebron. It's our FO that is jacking around.

I have heard Houston and Dallas are looking to 'rent' him, not sure what the trades would include though, as it would probably only be a half season rental or less really.

Or I hope just one day he says, hell, I'd like to retire a Nugget. I just want the drama to stop.

Like Spice 1 said, Cuban is a crazy person. He'd give almost anything to get Melo to be a Maverick. And they have a talented team down there in Dallas. And since it would be "rent" that's fine with me. It just makes it easier to trade him

Broncoholic3233
01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Haven't won in Detroit since 1995, almost in 2007 until Rasheed broke our hearts.

Go Nuggets, gotta get this win tonight, get started 2-0 on the road.

Hopefully Karl will let JR play, but who knows.

The Experience
01-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Haven't won in Detroit since 1995, almost in 2007 until Rasheed broke our hearts.

Go Nuggets, gotta get this win tonight, get started 2-0 on the road.

Hopefully Karl will let JR play, but who knows.

JR is one of my favorite players. But he is also the most frustrating. He has as much talent as any 2 guard in the league. But he gets in his own way too much. He was late to shoot around last night so he deserved to be benched.

I would be surprised if he didn't play tonight.

Atwnbroncfan
01-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Huge game from mr. big shot.

Broncoholic3233
01-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Great to get a win. First win I've ever seen in Detroit.

Good start to the road trip 2-0.

Huge game from Billups, spiting his old team, but hell of a quarter from Will Bynum.

Hope we carry this momentum to the next game and hopefully we have Nene, Kenyon and Birdman back for it.

Go Nugs!

Atwnbroncfan
01-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Great to get a win. First win I've ever seen in Detroit.

Good start to the road trip 2-0.

Huge game from Billups, spiting his old team, but hell of a quarter from Will Bynum.

Hope we carry this momentum to the next game and hopefully we have Nene, Kenyon and Birdman back for it.

Go Nugs!

Were on a road trip, but dang we play terrible teams on it. As a matter of fact we play terrible teams from now until the all star game. 10 of our next 13 is against teams below .500.

Broncoholic3233
01-26-2011, 08:20 PM
We maybe on a road trip, but dang we play terrible teams on it. As a matter of fact we play terrible teams from now until the all star game. 10 of our next 13 is against teams below .500.

No reason we shouldn't go 10-3 our next 13 games then, giving us a 37-21 record, would we be great. Even though freaking San Antonio has already won 38 games, wow.

Atwnbroncfan
01-26-2011, 08:28 PM
No reason we shouldn't go 10-3 our next 13 games then, giving us a 37-21 record, would we be great. Even though freaking San Antonio has already won 38 games, wow.

Yea its ridiculous. Except SA doesnt scare me. We should have beaten them twice.

Atwnbroncfan
01-28-2011, 07:18 PM
I feel bad for the cavs. Lost 26 of 27 including last 18. Weve handled them pretty well tonight, lets close it out.

Broncoholic3233
01-28-2011, 07:54 PM
I feel bad for the cavs. Lost 26 of 27 including last 18. Weve handled them pretty well tonight, lets close it out.

Yeah....then we gave up that huge lead.

It looks like we have it in the bag lets hope up 11 with 3:24 but man.....

Nice blown wide open layup by Melo :P

But Chauncey and Ty being clutch like always.

GO NUGGETS!

Broncoholic3233
01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Well we got the win 117-103. Now we have won 4-0 and we are 3-0 on our road trip! That is rare. :beer:

Big games from Lawson and Afflalo.

Big Al air balled 3, 3's tonight I think. Melo couldn't hit a layup, but still got his points. Then Chauncey hit another dagger 3 tonight to help seal the game.

Not sure what happened to Nene though. Wonder if he reinjured himself or they just decided to rest him after his few minutes.

But anyways, need to keep this up and win the next two on the road.

Go Nuggets! :goz:

BluenOrnge4Life
01-31-2011, 06:52 PM
ouch, losing to the lowly nets tonight. Melo has 33 though, maybe that rich Russian Billionaire will change his mind...

They should have made the trade before the end of the half, then the players can just switch jerseys before they come out. :P

Atwnbroncfan
01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Back to back losses to Sixers and Nets. No bueno.

CodyRoark
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Been a long while since I've been on here! Hope all is well with all of you. Nuggets drop back to back losses... Not good! The main thing is that players take possessions off on defense. Got it to 4 points then just rested off a bit. Hopefully you come back home vs Portland(I hate them and their fans; I live here in Oregon) and put on a show. To follow things up a headline game vs the Utah Jazz on ESPN!

This team has the talent to beat anybody but when some players decide to take a night off it messes up the entire motivation. This team has nothing but opportunity ahead of them! GO Nuggets

DiversityA
01-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Ugh. Losing these two back to back really kills any momentum we had a few days ago.

Come on Nuggets. Just...ugh. :doh:

BroncoFanBoy
01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
I vote we take Favors and Harris with us. Leave Melo in New Jersey. Tell him he missed the flight back to Denver :D

BluenOrnge4Life
02-01-2011, 12:05 AM
I vote we take Favors and Harris with us. Leave Melo in New Jersey. Tell him he missed the flight back to Denver :DAgreed. The Nuggets never consistently play good basketball, and never will long enough to win anything with the current players on this team.

It's time to move Melo & Kmart and build for the future.

BroncoFanBoy
02-02-2011, 10:24 PM
another fun game to go to! Go Nuggets!

DiversityA
02-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Such a good game. Can we play like this more often...PLEASE??

and JR Swish is so freakishly athletic, and that jumper is sooo smooth.

Broncoholic JS
02-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Not happy about the game tonight! UGH

GO NUGGETS!! COME ON!! PLEASE?

DiversityA
02-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Now I remember how much I hate the Jazz (I'm looking at you Deron Williams)

The Experience
02-05-2011, 01:07 AM
What a tough one tonight. I was at the game and the crowd was really electric and supportive of our Nuggets. The officiating was god awful all night.

This game further cemented how much I hate the Jazz. Or should I say the Utah Floppers. The refs gave them every one too. I can't respect guys like Sloan and Popovich because while they may be great coaches, I can't respect a coach who teaches their players to flop.

Oh ya, Birdman is easily the most useless player on the team. Ely is much better.

DiversityA
02-05-2011, 01:55 AM
What a tough one tonight. I was at the game and the crowd was really electric and supportive of our Nuggets. The officiating was god awful all night.

This game further cemented how much I hate the Jazz. Or should I say the Utah Floppers. The refs gave them every one too. I can't respect guys like Sloan and Popovich because while they may be great coaches, I can't respect a coach who teaches their players to flop.

Oh ya, Birdman is easily the most useless player on the team. Ely is much better.
Agreed on both parts (but I do have respect for those coaches, but I hate floppers so much...)
Birdman has become a complete joke, and now I really doubt he'll ever be back what he used to be.
It sucks though. This team once again has promise, but it's seeming like this will be another wasted year, even without the Melodrama.

The Experience
02-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Agreed on both parts (but I do have respect for those coaches, but I hate floppers so much...)
Birdman has become a complete joke, and now I really doubt he'll ever be back what he used to be.
It sucks though. This team once again has promise, but it's seeming like this will be another wasted year, even without the Melodrama.

At this point, it is like trying to move a brick wall. Whenever we show promise, you can't get too excited about it because you know Melo will be gone. We just need to get the deal done so both can move on.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported late Friday night that multiple sources tell him that Carmelo Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, has begun informing teams that Anthony will only sign an extension with the Knicks.

There have been varying reports and sources have been wrong and/or misleading in the past, but we've had the Knicks pegged as his probable destination and it appears the dominoes are falling into place. The key question is whether or not Donnie Walsh wants a happy superstar, which means signing Anthony to the extension he wants, and beating trade offers from the teams that would rent him for the playoffs.

We tend to think that if Walsh wants Melo in his future he will want him happy, but if Walsh balks then things could spin out of control. Regardless, owners of Knicks players continue to be put on notice.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=152043

Broncoholic3233
02-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Eh, pretty good game played by the Nuggets, kinda lost a big lead, but got it back.

Good bounce back at least after that tough loss to the tools of Utah.

ERoyal248
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Knicks, Nuggets, Twolves discussing 3-team trade. Melo to NYK; Chandler,Corey Brewer, Minny 1st round pick to Den; ECurry, ARandolph to Minny.

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

Broncoholic3233
02-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Knicks, Nuggets, Twolves discussing 3-team trade. Melo to NYK; Chandler,Corey Brewer, Minny 1st round pick to Den; ECurry, ARandolph to Minny.

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

Ugh, no big men.......make it two first round picks at least....

Ugh, Nuggets screwed us on this one :sad:

Broncoholic3233
02-05-2011, 09:33 PM
But, if this is the best trade we will get do it.

Wilson can take Melo's place, obviously nowhere near as good, but a good 17 points per game, 6 rebounds and he is only 23.

Not sure why we need Brewer, but oh well and a lottery pick.

Eh, not a fan, but doubt we get a better offer cuz its the Knicks or a rental team at this point.

TecmoElway
02-05-2011, 09:51 PM
ESPN reported this story as well. Seems like the single first rounder is the best the Nuggets can get.

Broncoholic3233
02-05-2011, 09:54 PM
ESPN reported this story as well. Seems like the single first rounder is the best the Nuggets can get.

If it is their lottery pick, which I am guessing it has to be, we have a very good chance at having the 1-3 pick.

The Experience
02-05-2011, 10:43 PM

I think this will be as good as it gets. Chandler is a very good player and Brewer is a very good defender.

I say pull the trigger.

12and4
02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Would we be able to beat utah in a 7 game series right now? Just wondering...

BroncoFanBoy
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM

probably not :sad:

DiversityA
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Nope, sadly...

BluenOrnge4Life
02-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Latest Melo trade rumor has Melo going to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum straight up. (Just reported on ESPN First Take)

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE This trade.

Make it happen. Don't think twice about it. Do it. Done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304

The Experience
02-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Latest Melo trade rumor has Melo going to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum straight up. (Just reported on ESPN First Take)

No way we deal Melo to LA without Ron Artest being involved. They wanna move him.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-08-2011, 11:02 AM
No way we deal Melo to LA without Ron Artest being involved. They wanna move him.
I guess we'll see... I wouldn't mind Artest being involved in the trade as long as we don't give up any of our young, talented players.

ERoyal248
02-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Hmm, if LA throws in Artest then i'd do it.

LA would get Melo but lose a lot of size in Bynum, interesting if it happens.

The Experience
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
I guess we'll see... I wouldn't mind Artest being involved in the trade as long as we don't give up any of our young, talented players.

I doubt that we would. I think LA would move Ron Ron for just about anything right now.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
I doubt that we would. I think LA would move Ron Ron for just about anything right now.I think we have guys we would move for just about anything right now too so...

From what I've read, the Nuggets don't want Artest or Odom, just Bynum.

ERoyal248
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
NY Daily News reports Lakers turned down Melo for Bynum deal. Both Kobe & Phil Jackson wanted to do the deal.

http://twitter.com/thegarymiller

Broncoholic3233
02-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Melo won't be a Laker. I'd be absolutely shocked if we made this trade and the Lakers for that matter

DiversityA
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I wonder if this is truly likely, but you know what, I really wouldn't mind it. I'm not the biggest Bynum fan (mainly since he's on the Lakers), but he's more of a proven player than Favors for sure, and I think he'd be more valuable to us than anyone else we can get.

It could make the Lakers very scary, but it would take a lot for Melo and Kobe to work things out this year. Either way, I'd still prefer us to not get screwed out of a good player than making another team better. Plus, I would hate the Lakers more than I ever thought I could. :peace:

TecmoElway
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/02/08/court-vision-lakers-join-melo-trade-talks/?eref=sihp

SI makes it sound like the Nuggets want Bynum and a #1 draft pick from another team (I'm assuming so it is higher than the Lakers draft spot).

DiversityA
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/02/08/court-vision-lakers-join-melo-trade-talks/?eref=sihp

SI makes it sound like the Nuggets want Bynum and a #1 draft pick from another team (I'm assuming so it is higher than the Lakers draft spot).
Ugh...the more complicated, the less likely. I really hope our front office figures something out before it's too late.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm convinced that whatever we get at this point will be significantly less than what was on the table at the beginning of the season.

The Nuggets front office failed big time on this one IMO.

Spyder
02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry but from a Lakers fan's point of view, I'm not buying into this trade very much at all. This has all the looks of a little mind game the Nuggets are playing with the Knicks in attempt for them to sweeten the pot. They did the exact same thing to NJ by trying to get Dallas, Houston and even Orlando (for a short while) involved so the Nets would throw everything at them.

I wouldn't want to touch Carmelo with a stick. The dude cannot perform come playoff time and would cause more damage than anything else in the long run. Andrew Bynum, when healthy, is a force and is still too young to give up yet.

Denver is looking like a bigger joke as the days go by. I'm sure when Carmelo bolts to NYC in June, the Nuggets FO will try to blame every other team out there (NJ in particular) for the failure to move him before he became a free agent.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-08-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry but from a Lakers fan's point of view, I'm not buying into this trade very much at all. This has all the looks of a little mind game the Nuggets are playing with the Knicks in attempt for them to sweeten the pot. They did the exact same thing to NJ by trying to get Dallas, Houston and even Orlando (for a short while) involved so the Nets would throw everything at them.

I wouldn't want to touch Carmelo with a stick. The dude cannot perform come playoff time and would cause more damage than anything else in the long run. Andrew Bynum, when healthy, is a force and is still too young to give up yet.

Denver is looking like a bigger joke as the days go by. I'm sure when Carmelo bolts to NYC in June, the Nuggets FO will try to blame every other team out there (NJ in particular) for the failure to move him before he became a free agent.

They have nobody but themselves to blame too.

EVERYBODY could see it by the end of last summer that he didn't want to sign an extension with Denver, yet the Nuggets front office thought they could somehow convince him to stay.

My guess is that if they do move him, it will pretty much be for peanuts at this point. They should have traded him to the Nets before the season started.

rst08tierney
02-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Im with you on this 100% Spyder.

Most laker fans agree and understand what Bynum brings to this team but chatter around league seems to think other wise. NOBODY wants Bynum. Most people outside of LA see him as an overpaid center with bad knees who is injury-prone. I truly don't believe Denver would even consider doing this trade. They said weeks ago that they have zero interest in Bynum. But it is obvious that Denver offered no such deal...this is all fake discussion to scare NY.

When all is said and done , I honestly feel Melo stays a Nugget this year and walks after the season. He is then free to join any contender he wants.

Another thing the lakers have working for them is a possible d12 trade with orlando after the season. Howard has expressed he wants to play for Lakers and be a contender each year. A center for a center trade would benefit both teams and be a major salary dump for Orlando.

Realistically I think D12 has a better chance to become a Laker then Melo but its still nice to dream.

Howard/DC/Ratliff
Gasol/LO
Melo/Artest
Bryant/Barnes
Wall/Blake/Brown

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab250/Zac_Sweeney/NBA%20Photoshops/Jersey%20Switches/laWPvtdramasmallfixpng.png

Spyder
02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Im with you on this 100% Spyder.

Most laker fans agree and understand what Bynum brings to this team but chatter around league seems to think other wise. NOBODY wants Bynum. Most people outside of LA see him as an overpaid center with bad knees who is injury-prone. I truly don't believe Denver would even consider doing this trade. They said weeks ago that they have zero interest in Bynum. But it is obvious that Denver offered no such deal...this is all fake discussion to scare NY.

When all is said and done , I honestly feel Melo stays a Nugget this year and walks after the season. He is then free to join any contender he wants.

Another thing the lakers have working for them is a possible d12 trade with orlando after the season. Howard has expressed he wants to play for Lakers and be a contender each year. A center for a center trade would benefit both teams and be a major salary dump for Orlando.

Realistically I think D12 has a better chance to become a Laker then Melo but its still nice to dream.

Howard/DC/Ratliff
Gasol/LO
Melo/Artest
Bryant/Barnes
Wall/Blake/Brown

I agree about Dwight Howard. I believe next year is the final year on his contract and everyone, including those in Orlando, believe he wants to bolt for a better chance to win consistently. No one except the Thunder scare me long term in the Western Conference, the Spurs are going to present a big challenge this year obviously but because of age, it's nothing I'm too worried about moving forward.

Deron Williams will also be a FA after next season (I believe) and rumors suggest he's expressed quite a bit of interest in playing for the Lakers. He could kind of take over that Superstar role once Kobe starts hitting the twilight dwindle of his career.

Back on the Carmelo drama. I just won't buy into the Nuggets actually going through with it. It'd be the best deal they could get by far, especially if a third team would toss in a 1st RND selection, but it's all chatter to me to get the Knicks in desperation mode. Carmelo wants to play in NYC and has made it known for atleast a year now. He'll be there in a few months, I guarantee it.

The only possible trade I could see Denver making is sending Carmelo to Dallas as a rental for their playoff run, though I still don't believe that will actually happen as Denver's FO believes that with a healthy lineup, they can still make some noise this post season.

All of this drama must REALLY be crap on the Nuggets fans. Sadly this may just be the tip of the iceberg as they're likely to go through the same thing Toronto and Cleveland went through.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-09-2011, 10:03 AM
I agree about Dwight Howard. I believe next year is the final year on his contract and everyone, including those in Orlando, believe he wants to bolt for a better chance to win consistently. No one except the Thunder scare me long term in the Western Conference, the Spurs are going to present a big challenge this year obviously but because of age, it's nothing I'm too worried about moving forward.

Deron Williams will also be a FA after next season (I believe) and rumors suggest he's expressed quite a bit of interest in playing for the Lakers. He could kind of take over that Superstar role once Kobe starts hitting the twilight dwindle of his career.

Back on the Carmelo drama. I just won't buy into the Nuggets actually going through with it. It'd be the best deal they could get by far, especially if a third team would toss in a 1st RND selection, but it's all chatter to me to get the Knicks in desperation mode. Carmelo wants to play in NYC and has made it known for atleast a year now. He'll be there in a few months, I guarantee it.

The only possible trade I could see Denver making is sending Carmelo to Dallas as a rental for their playoff run, though I still don't believe that will actually happen as Denver's FO believes that with a healthy lineup, they can make some noise this season.

All of this drama must REALLY be crap on the Nuggets fans. Sadly this may just be the tip of the iceberg as they're likely to go through the same thing Toronto and Cleveland went through.

To be honest, I don't think Denver will be nearly as bad without Carmelo as Cleveland has been without Lebron.

That's if they don't blow the whole thing up and trade everyone away - which they might.

I think the team will actually play better without Melo and his selfish play and might surprise some people. There is still the potential that the new CBA will have a franchise tag, and the Nuggets will be able to franchise Melo next year. Then we would basically be facing the same thing we did this year, except maybe the front office would be smart enough to pull the trigger right away.

If I'm the Knicks, I still try to make some move for Melo because wasn't it a forgone conclusion that Lebron was going to the Knicks about a year and a half ago?

You never know what happens once a player hits free agency.

Spyder
02-09-2011, 10:07 AM
To be honest, I don't think Denver will be nearly as bad without Carmelo as Cleveland has been without Lebron.

That's if they don't blow the whole thing up and trade everyone away - which they might.

I think the team will actually play better without Melo and his selfish play and might surprise some people. There is still the potential that the new CBA will have a franchise tag, and the Nuggets will be able to franchise Melo next year. Then we would basically be facing the same thing we did this year, except maybe the front office would be smart enough to pull the trigger right away.

If I'm the Knicks, I still try to make some move for Melo because wasn't it a forgone conclusion that Lebron was going to the Knicks about a year and a half ago?

You never know what happens once a player hits free agency.

I actually agree 100% with you that the Nuggets would be better off without Carmelo, I've longed believed this. Granted they could come up with one more solid scorer and keep the bulk of their team together. JR Smith has gradually become a little less selfish than just a few years ago and Nene is playing much, much better. Finally coming into his own in a way.

My comment was more on the line that with the amount of FAs the Nuggets are said to have at years end, I've read many articles that once Carmelo is either traded or walks in free agency, the FO will likely blow the team up and start over again.

Who really knows at this point though about anything with the Nuggets.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-09-2011, 10:21 AM
I actually agree 100% with you that the Nuggets would be better off without Carmelo, I've longed believed this. Granted they could come up with one more solid scorer and keep the bulk of their team together. JR Smith has gradually become a little less selfish than just a few years ago and Nene is playing much, much better. Finally coming into his own in a way.

My comment was more on the line that with the amount of FAs the Nuggets are said to have at years end, I've read many articles that once Carmelo is either traded or walks in free agency, the FO will likely blow the team up and start over again.

Who really knows at this point though about anything with the Nuggets.

Ya that's very true. I've heard that they definitely want to unload K-Mart, Harrington, and possibly Jr Smith too, which doesn't make any sense to me. If you get rid of Melo, you have to keep the young kid who can go off and score 30 a night.

Also, you just signed Al Harrington last offseason to a multi-year deal, and now you can't wait to get rid of him? :confused:

the0rangecrush
02-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Ya that's very true. I've heard that they definitely want to unload K-Mart, Harrington, and possibly Jr Smith too, which doesn't make any sense to me. If you get rid of Melo, you have to keep the young kid who can go off and score 30 a night.

Also, you just signed Al Harrington last offseason to a multi-year deal, and now you can't wait to get rid of him? :confused:

I think the nuggets are realizing, without Melo its rebuilding time. Good young point guard in Lawson and good big men in Nene and Birdman. Other than that, keep chauncey to be the leader and a role model for younger guys.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
I think the nuggets are realizing, without Melo its rebuilding time. Good young point guard in Lawson and good big men in Nene and Birdman. Other than that, keep chauncey to be the leader and a role model for younger guys.

Birdman has been completely useless since the WCF two years ago.

I'm all for unloading K-Mart, but I don't see the need to blow the whole team up. Jr. Smith is young and can score, I think Chauncey should retire in Denver coming off the bench, and I think Al Harrington will benefit greatly from Melos absence.

The three guys going forward that I would be really excited about are Lawson, Nene, and Afflalo.

Broncoholic3233
02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Birdman has been completely useless since the WCF two years ago.

I'm all for unloading K-Mart, but I don't see the need to blow the whole team up. Jr. Smith is young and can score, I think Chauncey should retire in Denver coming off the bench, and I think Al Harrington will benefit greatly from Melos absence.

The three guys going forward that I would be really excited about are Lawson, Nene, and Afflalo.

Yeah. The team is going to be built around Lawson and Afflalo for sure, then probably Nene assuming we re-sign him.

Talk about a disappointment, Al Harrington. Hes gotta step up or he is definitely gone.

rst08tierney
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah. The team is going to be built around Lawson and Afflalo for sure, then probably Nene assuming we re-sign him.

Talk about a disappointment, Al Harrington. Hes gotta step up or he is definitely gone.

Nene should be delt. Seriously?.......11.3 mil a year for inconstant pay night in and night out. He is wayyyyyyy over paid. Almost like Bryan Grant (10mil a year) when he came over from miami to the lakers in the Shaq trade. The Nuggets need to blow it up and like you said build the team around the youth movement.

rst08tierney
02-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Phil Jackson sums things about about the Melo rumors

Phil J on the concept of acquiring 'Melo: "My first thought is why are these [media] people interrupting my life with these kind of rumors."

jake15guy
02-09-2011, 02:59 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17341282

OAKLAND, CALIF. Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony said today he would "take a real hard look" at signing a three-year, $65 million contract extension with the Nuggets if he is not dealt by the Feb. 24 trading deadline.
The Nuggets have had the contract extension on the table since June. This is the first time since he was offered the contract that Anthony said publicly he might sign it.
Talking this morning after the team's shootaround, Anthony brushed off recent reports that he might be traded to the Los Angeles Lakers.
"I've never heard of that. That was a new one," Anthony said.
"It is what it is. Everyday is something different. I guess now is the Lakers."

exactly what i thought would happen. with the new cba about to be in place i knew melo would have to consider all that money on the table. hopefully this happens and maybe we can bring in a big name player once the season is done. I for one think we need a true, dominate center. nene has done well for us but he is still playing out of position.

also would make it easier to unload k-mart since we could move nene back to forward like he should be

Broncoholic3233
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Nene should be delt. Seriously?.......11.3 mil a year for inconstant pay night in and night out. He is wayyyyyyy over paid. Almost like Bryan Grant (10mil a year) when he came over from miami to the lakers in the Shaq trade. The Nuggets need to blow it up and like you said build the team around the youth movement.

This would have been true last year for sure, I couldn't stand Nene. I still really don't like him, he has way to much potential to be as soft as he is.

But he has improved drastically this year from years past, I would know, I watch all 82 Nuggets games.

I don't want us signing him to some huge contract, which he will probably want, but if its reasonable, we gotta resign him.

He is a PF playing C. We need a true, big C, so Nene can go to the PF position.

As for the Bynum for Melo rumor. That is ridiculous, I agree. First off, from what Laker fans have said calling into 104.3 the fan, Bynum is a softy too and his work ethic blows. Pretty much they were just ragging on Bynum. They also didn't want Melo, because he is too selfish.

Anyways, that trade won't happen, it is just a smokescreen as well, I believe.

Broncoholic3233
02-09-2011, 03:05 PM

exactly what i thought would happen. with the new cba about to be in place i knew melo would have to consider all that money on the table. hopefully this happens and maybe we can bring in a big name player once the season is done. I for one think we need a true, dominate center. nene has done well for us but he is still playing out of position.

also would make it easier to unload k-mart since we could move nene back to forward like he should be
Yeah, I still don't think he signs though. He is just saying this so NY will be like, crap, we gotta make a reasonable offer, or he could remain a Nugget.

So I think he is just saying the right things....

As for Nene, in the post before I said my thoughts, and I agree with you, he is out of position. He is a PF in my book because he is too soft to be a Center. We really, really need a Center, hopefully we can draft a good one sometime soon, they are so hard to find though.

jake15guy
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
He is a PF playing C. We need a true, big C, so Nene can go to the PF position.
i have been saying this for the past few years now.

i think all we really need is a dominate center and we could easily be in the talks for contenders. i love nene but i cant stand him playing center.

Broncoholic3233
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
i have been saying this for the past few years now.

i think all we really need is a dominate center and we could easily be in the talks for contenders. i love nene but i cant stand him playing center.

If only dominate centers grew on trees. :sad:

In the west, we really don't have any, true dominate centers. Bynum can be, when he is healthy. Same with Yao. Other than that.....none, just mainly PFs.

D Howard is really in a league of his own.

I hope we draft a C, who ends up not being a project, and can at least give us a good 20 minutes a night his rookie season. One can dream.... :(

rst08tierney
02-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Would the nuggets have been contenders if they picked up Z off wavers last year?

BluenOrnge4Life
02-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Give us Gasol, Odom, and Bynum. You can have Melo, Harrington, K-Mart, Chauncey, and Birdman. Deal? :P

BluenOrnge4Life
02-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Would the nuggets have been contenders if they picked up Z off wavers last year?

I think we tried to pick him up? I thought he was a free agent.

jake15guy
02-09-2011, 05:05 PM

idk if ide consider Z a dominate center. tho i belive he would be a good rotational man, hes just getting pretty old and idk if ide want to rely on that.

we need someone young, big, and who isnt afraid to crash the boards and get roughed up a bit.

jake15guy
02-09-2011, 05:22 PM
If only dominate centers grew on trees. :sad:

In the west, we really don't have any, true dominate centers. Bynum can be, when he is healthy. Same with Yao. Other than that.....none, just mainly PFs.

D Howard is really in a league of his own.

I hope we draft a C, who ends up not being a project, and can at least give us a good 20 minutes a night his rookie season. One can dream.... :(

howard for melo. count it.
lol jk

Spice 1
02-09-2011, 06:59 PM
idk if ide consider Z a dominate center. tho i belive he would be a good rotational man, hes just getting pretty old and idk if ide want to rely on that.

we need someone young, big, and who isnt afraid to crash the boards and get roughed up a bit.

Yep. Z's strength is in his ability to pull the other team's bigs out of the paint on offense. He hasn't had a post game in ten years. He's a liability defensively. He gives you size, but can't make rotations and has never had good recognition defensively. His size is also misleading. He plays small defensively. Dwight Howard (along with others) used him regularly. He actually hurt the Cavs last year, because his shot was flat most of the season (including the post season). That was the main reason to have him in the rotation.

I don't know how the Lakers could get away with Melo in the starting lineup. They already suck at playing team defense (no one wants to hold anyone else accountable defensively, and we know Jackson isn't going to do it). Melo is a playmaker, and that's not going to mesh with Kobe and Gasol. I wouldn't rule it out though. The thing about the triangle is that it calls for isolation, back cuts, and post entry. They could keep everyone involved without dramatically changing the offense. I just don't know if the Lakers would want to stake their season on whether or not Melo would be willing to buy into that "Lamar Odom" type of role.

BroncoFanBoy
02-09-2011, 08:04 PM

I have a hard time believing that. He even said "if not traded" He still doesn't want to be here, and we will regret it if we are unable to unload him

rst08tierney
02-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Lakers wont move Bynum for Melo. This article is dead on for the lakers

Its titled, if they wait, they can get howard

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41513953/ns/sports-nba/

Broncoholic JS
02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Come on Nuggets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncoholic JS
02-10-2011, 11:19 PM
I just woke up the neighbors I am sure!!!

NUGGETS WIN ON THE AFFLALO BUZZER BEATER!!!

ERoyal248
02-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Nice win Nuggets fans.

Affalo is so underrated.

DiversityA
02-10-2011, 11:21 PM
That truly was one of the best games of the year.

AFFLALOOOOOOO

Chillez
02-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Very nice congrats Nugget fans!! :salute:

That was a heck of a game I enjoyed it.

12and4
02-10-2011, 11:31 PM
That was very very up and down...

But all that matters is that we had the lead at 0.00s...

great great great game. I woke up the neighbors as well...

The Experience
02-10-2011, 11:48 PM
AAA is the NBA's most underrated player!!!!

He played like a man possessed in the 4th.

"Afflalo is an assassin!!"

12and4
02-11-2011, 12:17 AM
AAA is the NBA's most underrated player!!!!

He played like a man possessed in the 4th.

Midway through the 4th I was telling myself... man... I need an afflalo jersey...

that finalized it.

The Experience
02-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Midway through the 4th I was telling myself... man... I need an afflalo jersey...

that finalized it.

No matter what happens with Melo, we need to lock AAA up.

jake15guy
02-11-2011, 12:38 AM
man that had to of been one of the best games ive seen in a while. Seems like everytime these two teams play its always a thriller.

Go nugs

Broncoholic3233
02-11-2011, 12:40 AM
So yeah, HOW BOUT MY BOY TRIPLE A!!!!

Man, what a game to attend! Crowd was weak.......until the end, when the remaining people were AWESOME!!

Wow, what a win.

TRIPLE A! There is a reason that dude is my avatar, because he is soooooo badass.

Broncoholic3233
02-11-2011, 12:41 AM

that finalized it.

Just got one recently, authentic, wayyyyy worth the money. LOVE MY BOY TRIPLE A! :goz:

DiversityA
02-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Serioiusly...why don't I have an Afflalo jersey either? I almost got one last year, but went with Nene.

DevilSpawn
02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Now I'm not sure if the Knicks get Melo. I originally didn't want us to trade any players given that he'll be a free agent, but Melo loses money if he isn't traded. As a Knicks fan I want it, but I want our coach gone. It's like he refuses to coach defense!!

Broncoholic3233
02-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Now I'm not sure if the Knicks get Melo. I originally didn't want us to trade any players given that he'll be a free agent, but Melo loses money if he isn't traded. As a Knicks fan I want it, but I want our coach gone. It's like he refuses to coach defense!!

Doubt that.

Karl is one of the best coaches in the league, yet we never play defense.

As some radio hosts were saying on the radio the other day, its a players league now, players don't want to play defense, so they don't.

Really, very few teams are good defensive teams anymore, it sucks, but its true. Now, it might be your coach, but I wouldn't blame it solely on him.

Plus, I think the Nuggets keep Melo now. Whether he re-signs or leaves at the end of the year, is to be determined.

the0rangecrush
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Ugh should have traded Melo to the Nets for the kings ransom. Lawson,AAA,Favors, nene, and two firsts one of which could be jared sullinger:sad: Let chauncey mentor and lead dear god

BroncoSexyDaddy
02-11-2011, 12:28 PM
I went to the Golden State Warrior game against Denver Wedsnesday and didn't see Billips in the line up.I was wondering why he didnt play? Anyone!

the0rangecrush
02-11-2011, 12:34 PM
I went to the Golden State Warrior game against Denver Wedsnesday and didn't see Billips in the line up.I was wondering why he didnt play? Anyone!

I believe it was a sore knee

Broncoholic3233
02-11-2011, 12:35 PM

He had hurt his knee the game before early on. So he missed that game, and the Golden State game, but he was back last night for the Mavericks game.

Probably wanted to rest him up on the first of a back to back to be safe, we really needed him for the Mavericks.

milehighireland
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
From the sublime to the ridiculous. This. Is. Embarrassing... Everybody involved with this should be very very ashamed.

typical, any time nuggets look like getting something good going they blow it the next game. i'm no diehard fan by any means but seeing that would make ya pretty damn angry

I think something fundamental has broken in this team, it can't all be down to the melodrama.

Atwnbroncfan
02-13-2011, 06:43 PM
From the sublime to the ridiculous. This. Is. Embarrassing... Everybody involved with this should be very very ashamed.

typical, any time nuggets look like getting something good going they blow it the next game. i'm no diehard fan by any means but seeing that would make ya pretty damn angry

I think something fundamental has broken in this team, it can't all be down to the melodrama.

This has been the nuggets for the last 5 years. We will see what happens with Melo at the deadline. But IF Melo isn't dealt and they can put all the trade talk aside. This team is built to make a run.

milehighireland
02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
This has been the nuggets for the last 5 years. We will see what happens with Melo at the deadline. But IF Melo isn't dealt and they can put all the trade talk aside. This team is built to make a run.

I'm just hoping nothing is done before the deadline, he decides to stay in the end like he says he might if he isn't dealt and they make a bit of a run after the break... realistically though, i get the feeling this team is a Melo departure away from being the next Cavs right now.

Whatever happens, nothing is coming from this season, It'll be a success if Nuggets dont get swept in the 1st round. I'll settle for the Lakers not winning the title from this season as scant consolation to tell the truth.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm just hoping nothing is done before the deadline, he decides to stay in the end like he says he might if he isn't dealt and they make a bit of a run after the break... realistically though, i get the feeling this team is a Melo departure away from being the next Cavs right now.

Whatever happens, nothing is coming from this season, It'll be a success if Nuggets dont get swept in the 1st round. I'll settle for the Lakers not winning the title from this season as scant consolation to tell the truth.

The only way this team is a melo departure away from being the Cavs, is if they blow up the entire team.

There's this big misconception that Melo doesn't have any talent around him here in Denver.

Put Lebron on this team for the past 7 years, and I guarantee he has more than 1 WCF appearance, and he probably has a title or two.

Spyder
02-14-2011, 11:52 AM
The only way this team is a melo departure away from being the Cavs, is if they blow up the entire team.

There's this big misconception that Melo doesn't have any talent around him here in Denver.

Put Lebron on this team for the past 7 years, and I guarantee he has more than 1 WCF appearance, and he probably has a title or two.

This.

Denver has had a pretty damn solid core for atleast 3-4 years now, if not longer. I don't know who was a bigger playoff disappointment throughout the years.. Yao/McGrady's Rockets or the Nuggets. Granted the Nuggets still don't know how to win and much of that stems from Carmelo not being the player many think he is. He's a glorified street ball player who can score in bunches but doesn't do much else.

Put Lebron in Denver, Kobe or even Dwayne Wade and the Nuggets would have atleast one ring if not two by now.

I'll never back off my claims that Carmelo is completely overrated. I still believe as a whole the Nuggets would be a better team WITHOUT him. Add one more big man and with Arron Afflalo's sudden role and I guarantee the Nuggets will be competing for years to come. Unless the FO decides to blow up the team, which isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Put Lebron in Denver, Kobe or even Dwayne Wade and the Nuggets would have atleast one ring if not two by now.
Yes, I would have included Kobe or Wade but I thought they were obvious since they have already won titles. :D

ERoyal248
02-15-2011, 11:38 AM
New offer but declined, your FO must want kings ransom.

Nuggets get:

Gallo, Eddy Curry, Felton, 1st round pick and someone else.

Knicks get:

Melo and Billups

Broncoholic3233
02-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Nuggets get:

Knicks get:

Melo and Billups

Glad they declined that. What an awful, awful trade.

I'd rather just lose Melo than get that garbage and lose Billups.

the0rangecrush
02-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Nuggets get:

Knicks get:

Melo and Billups

Brussard said that was nothing but speculation.

Spyder
02-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Nuggets get:

Knicks get:

Melo and Billups

There's also conflicting reports that the Knicks were the ones who actually turned it down because they don't want to lose Raymond Felton right now.

the0rangecrush
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
I would settle for mosgov Felton and a first

BluenOrnge4Life
02-15-2011, 01:00 PM
There's also conflicting reports that the Knicks were the ones who actually turned it down because they don't want to lose Raymond Felton right now.

I almost hope Melo goes elsewhere just to spite the Knicks.

He probably won't, but it would be funny to see. First they lose out on Lebron, then Melo.

BroncoSexyDaddy
02-15-2011, 08:19 PM
I think if Melo gets traded it will be to the Lakers,otherwise he stays in Denver.Imo New York dont have enough trade bait unless they trade away their best player Stoud... and we know thats not going to happen.You put Melo and Billips on the Lakers,championship.

InElwayWeTrust
02-15-2011, 10:49 PM
I think if Melo gets traded it will be to the Lakers,otherwise he stays in Denver.Imo New York dont have enough trade bait unless they trade away their best player Stoud... and we know thats not going to happen.You put Melo and Billips on the Lakers,championship.

The Knicks have enough, they're just not willing to give it up.

Danilo Gallinari is really underrated. I would take him, Chandler, and a first from another team for Melo in a second. I would much rather have that then Bynum...

Gallinari is putting up 16 PPG, and would do much better here. He has awesome size for a SF, and is a hell of a 3 pt shooter. With him, Chandler, and the 1st Rounder we can build a good team without completely stripping down.

PG- Billups, Lawson- Billups is still a very good PG, and can lead us into the playoffs this year with or without Melo. I have loved the Lawson pick from the beginning and think he will be a good PG for a long time. We are set at this position.

SG- Arron Afflalo, JR Smith- This position would probably become our strongest point after Melo leaves. Afflalo is a good defender, and is really starting to develop into a good scorer this year. JR can be great some nights, and horrible others. If he can get some consistency, he could be our leading scorer.

SF- Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler- I've already said I really like Gallinari, he gives us size that we need, especially against LA. I like Chandler coming off the bench here also.

PF- Al Harrington, Kenyon Martin- This is really our only hole in the lineup if the trade goes down. Harrington will do for this year. Then we can get a starting PF in F/A with Martin's contract off the books, or in the draft with our acquired 1st rounder.

C- Nene, Birdman- Not great, but Nene has shown improvement every year, and in all reality is a PF playing Center right now because that is where we need him. I think the better option is to get a real Center through F/A or the draft, and move Nene to PF.

We are not as far away from being a competitive team without Melo as some think...

ech1997
02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Once again, the Mile High City gets screwed. There is an amusing but insightful editorial at [URL="http://www.thedailyhattrick.info"] talking about all of this drama. It isn't looking good, Nuggets fans.

:doh:

BluenOrnge4Life
02-16-2011, 07:40 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/153321/report-nuggets,-nets-talking-melo-again

"The Nuggets reportedly reached out to the Nets and re-opened the Carmelo Anthony trade talks recently. No word on whether or not Melo has agreed to a possible extension with the Nets, but talks are said to be progressing, and center around Melo, Derrick Favors and draft picks. Expect many more Melo trade rumors to come down the pipe over the next week until this madness is finally behind us. He could also end up staying in Denver, going to New York, or even end up with another team that hasn't even been mentioned yet."

Do it Denver, pull the trigger. We probably won't even win 1 playoff series this year and he's not signing the extension, so why not?

If nothing else, maybe the Knicks will panic and reconsider the trade they just declined.

the0rangecrush
02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/153321/report-nuggets,-nets-talking-melo-again

"The Nuggets reportedly reached out to the Nets and re-opened the Carmelo Anthony trade talks recently. No word on whether or not Melo has agreed to a possible extension with the Nets, but talks are said to be progressing, and center around Melo, Derrick Favors and draft picks. Expect many more Melo trade rumors to come down the pipe over the next week until this madness is finally behind us. He could also end up staying in Denver, going to New York, or even end up with another team that hasn't even been mentioned yet."

Do it Denver, pull the trigger. We probably won't even win 1 playoff series this year and he's not signing the extension, so why not?

If nothing else, maybe the Knicks will panic and reconsider the trade they just declined.

I heard it was the nets who reached out not the nuggets, Favors and 2 firsts I would settle for that

BluenOrnge4Life
02-16-2011, 08:10 PM
I heard it was the nets who reached out not the nuggets, Favors and 2 firsts I would settle for thatAt this point, I would be completely fine with that as well.

The Experience
02-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Birdman is the most useless player ever.......

the0rangecrush
02-16-2011, 08:14 PM
At this point, I would be completely fine with that as well.

we could get sullinger with one pick our lineup would be

lawson
afflalo
favors
sullinger
nene:D

with 2 more firsts to get talent:peace:

DiversityA
02-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Birdman is the most useless player ever.......
100% agreed.

And today I actually believed this might've been Melo's last game for us. Good, much needed win today, but if we can get Favors and draft picks then that's perfect. No blowing up our whole team, but still getting a potential beast down low.

12and4
02-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah birdman has disappointed me... it was nice to see kmart wake up at the end of that game after he nearly got neutered...

The Experience
02-16-2011, 11:44 PM
we could get sullinger with one pick our lineup would be

lawson
afflalo
favors
sullinger
nene:D

with 2 more firsts to get talent:peace:

that would be sick. Sullinger is a beast.

Spice 1
02-17-2011, 11:40 AM
that would be sick. Sullinger is a beast.

If you guys end up getting Sullinger, I may consider converting to the Nuggets. At least, they'll be my new second fav team. He says that he's coming back next year, but we'll see what the agents and runners have to say about that. I really think that Sullinger is the third best player ever to come out of OH. Behind LeBron and Hondo. He has a natural talent in the post, but will have to work on his perimeter game in the league.

The Experience
02-17-2011, 12:15 PM
I hope getting rid of Melo gives this team a new defensive mentality. They need to become a more defensive team. GK preaches defense but I think Melo could care less about D. When we get rid of him I hope the team wakes up and starts playing defense. The sole reason Denver got to the WCF 2 years ago was because they played good D.

If you play good defense you will be a good team. And with this team's offensive ability we will be a great team with or without Melo.

the0rangecrush
02-17-2011, 12:18 PM
I hope getting rid of Melo gives this team a new defensive mentality. They need to become a more defensive team. GK preaches defense but I think Melo could care less about D. When we get rid of him I hope the team wakes up and starts playing defense. The sole reason Denver got to the WCF 2 years ago was because they played good D.

If you play good defense you will be a good team. And with this team's offensive ability we will be a great team with or without Melo.

I agree, but just to push your buttons melo won us the game on a defensive play last night.

The Experience
02-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I agree, but just to push your buttons melo won us the game on a defensive play last night.

He can play good D when he wants to. He just never feels like he needs to.

the0rangecrush
02-17-2011, 12:24 PM
He can play good D when he wants to. He just never feels like he needs to.

Ain't that the truth remember his D on Kobe in the west finals a couple years back, if only he played like that all the time.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Carmelo Anthony will finally meet face-to-face with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov over All-Star weekend, sources tell ESPN.com.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/153468/report-melo,-prokhorov-to-meet-over-weekend

Let's see if this meeting actually takes place this time. I'm not that optimistic with all the trade rumors we've heard all season, but it would be nice if it did happen. I was wondering if if this is possibly Melo being frustrated with the Knicks not being able to get a deal done yet, and now he's willing to take to Nets because of it?

Who knows for sure.

I will laugh if the Knicks fail to land Lebron & Melo.

the0rangecrush
02-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Carmelo Anthony will finally meet face-to-face with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov over All-Star weekend, sources tell ESPN.com.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/153468/report-melo,-prokhorov-to-meet-over-weekend

Let's see if this meeting actually takes place this time. I'm not that optimistic with all the trade rumors we've heard all season, but it would be nice if it did happen. I was wondering if if this is possibly Melo being frustrated with the Knicks not being able to get a deal done yet, and now he's willing to take to Nets because of it?

Who knows for sure.

I will laugh if the Knicks fail to land Lebron & Melo.

Doesn't anyone else feel they would have a better chance with Jay Z there, I mean the guy is the king of NY. Melo wants to be a star in Ny, i'll make it simple NJ if you want melo just follow these steps. Melo starts talking with prokhorov he tells I'm globalizing basketball you will be a global star. Then blare empire state of mind, as Jay-Z walks in he tells him "i run this town" that we are moving to Brooklyn, and we will get his good friend chris paul next season. Boom done deal, we will take favors and 2 firsts.

Atwnbroncfan
02-17-2011, 06:46 PM
New Jersey Nets receive:

Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
Renaldo Balkman
Melvin Ely
Shelden Williams.

Denver Nuggets receive:

Derrick Favors
Devin Harris
Troy Murphy
Ben Uzoh
And... four first-round picks.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27559314

Get this done. 4 First round picks!!! Thats more than before.

the0rangecrush
02-17-2011, 06:51 PM
I really want billups to stay, can we take out devin harris or someone other than that do it

BluenOrnge4Life
02-17-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27559314

Get this done. 4 First round picks!!! Thats more than before.

I would jump for joy if Denver pulled off that trade. I love Chauncey, but Lawson is the PG of the future for this team, and 4 first round picks are obviously for the future as well.

Atwnbroncfan
02-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I really want billups to stay, can we take out devin harris or someone other than that do it

Love Chauncey but id give him up for that. Plus Ive read that we'd trade Harris to POR for Batum after.

With Harris/Batum Trade:
Lawson/Uzoh/Carter
Afflalo/Smith/Forbes
Batum/Forbes/Harrington
Favors/Martin/Harrington
Nene/Birdman/Murphy

Thats a solid team to say the least. Resign JR with all the cap space and your talking playoffs. With the 4 1st rd picks over the next 2-3 seasons add the PG, SF, C that you need and look out. That team is stacked.

Without Harris/Batum Trade:

Harris/Lawson/Uzoh
Afflalo/Smith/Forbes
Forbes/Harrington/Afflalo
Favors/Martin/Harrington/Murphy
Nene/Birdman

I like Billups, but that deal shouldnt be turned down.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6133683

New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, through his spokeswoman, has publicly restated last month's proclamation that his team is done chasing a trade for Carmelo Anthony.

"Mikhail has not changed his mind," Ellen Pinchuk told The Associated Press in an e-mail Thursday.

But sources close to the situation told ESPN.com the Denver Nuggets -- after Wednesday's widespread reports the Nets have indeed rejoined the New York Knicks in the Anthony Sweepstakes -- are operating under the assumption Prokhorov and Anthony will meet face-to-face at All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.

The Nuggets would encourage the meeting, sources said, because trading with New Jersey has always appealed more to the Nuggets than dealing with the Knicks. Denver is known to covet Nets rookie Derrick Favors more than any other player who's been made available to the Nuggets in a trade saga that dates to mid-September. Sources say the Nuggets, furthermore, remain well aware that New Jersey will not consent to an Anthony trade, no matter what is agreed to between the teams, unless Anthony agrees to sign a three-year, $65 million contract extension with the Nets.

Before Prokhorov so forcefully pulled the Nets out of the Anthony chase at a Jan. 19 news conference, New Jersey was pressing hard to secure a face-to-face meeting with the All-Star forward so the Russian billionaire and Nets minority owner Jay-Z could directly sell Anthony on the team's future in Brooklyn and address Anthony's presumed reluctance to sign the extension in hopes of getting him to change that stance.

Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday night that Prokhorov, despite Pinchuk's statement, has been negotiating directly with Nuggets ownership this week while awaiting confirmation of a meeting in which the Nets might be able to lobby Anthony to abandon his long-standing determination to land with the Knicks.

The trading deadline is less than a week away, at 3 p.m. Feb. 24.

Yahoo! Sports reported Thursday night that the Nets, in the latest iteration of the trade, are prepared to send Devin Harris, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round picks along with Favors to Denver for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman.

But sources told ESPN.com not all of those picks would wind up in Denver. At least one of the first-rounders is earmarked to be packaged with Murphy to a third team -- either in this trade or in a separate deal -- because the Nuggets have maintained for months that they're unwilling to absorb Murphy's $12 million expiring contract for luxury-tax reasons. The Nets and Nuggets have engaged numerous teams over the course of the season -- including Minnesota, Cleveland and Detroit -- in an attempt to find a landing spot other than Denver for Murphy.

It remains to be seen how the Knicks will respond to the latest apparent threat from their neighbors in New Jersey, with the Nets possessing assets that have kept them in the hunt for Anthony despite the open secret around the league that Madison Square Garden is Anthony's preferred destination.

The Knicks have been reluctant for months to part with promising youngsters such as Danilo Gallinari and rookie swingman Landry Fields, believing that gutting their roster to get Anthony makes little long-term sense. Yet one source close to the situation echoed the rising belief that GM Donnie Walsh might have no choice if Knicks owner James Dolan, as many observers anticipate, takes a Melo-at-all-costs stance.

"Don't forget Donnie is still trying to get a contract extension," the source said, suggesting that finding a way to acquire Anthony now, whatever the Knicks give up, might be the clincher for Walsh to get his own extension.

Yet it's believed that Anthony can once and for all squash New Jersey's interest if he tells Prokhorov himself that he doesn't want to sign the extension with the Nets. Prokhorov longs to have a full-fledged star in place before the Nets' planned move to Brooklyn for the 2012-13 season, but New Jersey can't give up assets such as Favors and multiple draft picks without knowing they have Anthony locked up long-term.

One source said that the Dallas Mavericks -- long considered right there with Houston at the top of the list of teams willing to gamble on trading for Anthony without his signature on a contract extension -- have been sufficiently convinced Anthony remains determined to get to New York. The source said the Mavs have thus decided that there's no way they could include prized young guard Roddy Beaubois in a trade with Denver because keeping Anthony beyond this season would be so difficult.

The Nets have remained quietly confident all season, despite the collapse of multi-team near-deals for Anthony in September (involving Charlotte and Utah) and January (Detroit), that Anthony would eventually agree to extend with them after meeting with Prokhorov and Jay-Z.

ESPN.com reported Wednesday that Anthony, meanwhile, has grown frustrated with New York's inability to complete the trade and corresponding reports that New York is hesitant to surrender Gallinari and/or Fields.

Sources close to Anthony have long maintained that the 26-year-old wants so badly to wind up in New York that he'd be willing to opt out of the final year of his current contract and become a free agent this summer, even if it means potentially losing millions of dollars under the terms of the next collective bargaining agreement. But Anthony's willingness to leave significant money on the table has seemed to wane as the Feb. 24 trade deadline draws nearer.

ESPN.com also reported Wednesday that Denver likes Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Fields and Timofey Mozgov and wants two, if not three, of those players as well as Knicks point guard Raymond Felton in exchange for Anthony and Billups. There have also been numerous reports that such a deal would also include a first-round pick from Minnesota going to Denver -- with the Wolves acquiring Anthony Randolph from the Knicks -- but New York is reluctant to part with so much of Amare Stoudemire's supporting cast.

Atwnbroncfan
02-18-2011, 12:03 PM
According to outlets out of NJ deal is done impending signed extension.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-18-2011, 12:10 PM
According to outlets out of NJ deal is done impending signed extension.

One thing is certain in all of this though: we aren't going to get Lebron'd.

IMO the worst case scenario is the Knicks panic and agree to the deal they declined just a week ago.

the0rangecrush
02-18-2011, 12:16 PM
No one underestimate the power of Jay Z

the0rangecrush
02-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Melo is reportedly going to give his answer to the Nets today, but last night he said he would be with the nuggets on Tuesday so it doesn't look good for the nets:sad:

The Experience
02-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Chris Broussard

"Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK"

We would probably send Mozgov and Felton if this is true.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Chris Broussard

"Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK"

We would probably send Mozgov and Felton if this is true.

Plan B, good work front office. I'm more & more impressed as we continue on with this Melo Drama.

The Experience
02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Plan B, good work front office. I'm more & more impressed as we continue on with this Melo Drama.

I agree, for a while I thought that we really screwed this up. But it looks like Ujiri knows what he's doing.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I agree, for a while I thought that we really screwed this up. But it looks like Ujiri knows what he's doing.
Agreed. Thanks for sharing the news bro, CP to you. :salute:

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm still worried, very worried.

Lets just hope it gets all figured out. Preferably today.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-21-2011, 12:02 PM

I would be lying to say that i'm not worried, but I'm much more optimistic.

I don't see one of the two trades not happening now because Melo wants to get paid. Before I thought we were blowing it because I didn't think Melo worried that much about the money, but he's let it be known that he does.

The Experience
02-21-2011, 12:03 PM

I am too. But I feel better than I did this time a week ago.....

Get it over with by thursday because I am going to the game and I wanna see the new team we will have.

the0rangecrush
02-21-2011, 12:05 PM
At bare minimum we won't be totally decimated like clevland.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah I feel more optimistic, but I still feel like we might try to get greedy, even tho the Knicks have made it clear they won't budge anymore.

This Thursdays game is awesome, love the Celtics team, but definitely be going for the mugs regardless.

Isn't the trade deadline Thursday?

12and4
02-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't understand. So whats the final trade going to look like? (if it goes through)

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't understand. So whats the final trade going to look like? (if it goes through)

If it's the Knicks.... We get Felton, Chandler, Gallinari, mozgov and a 1st. We lose melo, Billups, Sheldon Williams (a dukie :( ), balkman and Ely.

Then rumor has it we trade probably Felton and mozgov for two firsts to the Nets I guess, idk.

DONT WORRY!!!!!! We still have Afflalo :td:

Edit: I forgot we get Curry too

the0rangecrush
02-21-2011, 12:16 PM

From what i understand nuggets get gallonari, Felton, mosgov, Chandler, curry and the timberwolves 1st for melo billups and role players
The we trade mosgov and either Felton or gallonari for 2 1st round picks to the nets.

The Experience
02-21-2011, 12:24 PM
If it's the Knicks.... We get Felton, Chandler, Gallinari, mozgov and a 1st. We lose melo, Billups, Sheldon Williams (a dukie :( ), balkman and Ely.

Then rumor has it we trade probably Felton and mozgov for two firsts to the Nets I guess, idk.

Actually, I have heard that Curry will be going to Minn. and we will get Cory Brewer.

the0rangecrush
02-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Breaking News: melo is unwilling to commit to push or pull the front door open, just knows he wants to get inside

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Breaking News: melo is unwilling to commit to push or pull the front door open, just knows he wants to get inside

Can you elaborate? I'm on my phone in class and don't have my laptop :(

12and4
02-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Hmmmm

http://www.sailusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/spicy_chicken_masala_curry.JPG

I guess.... I just don't want billups to go... he loves it here.

and 3233, he's making a joke.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Alright. Haha. I figured but who knows...

Ugh I just want this thing done with

the0rangecrush
02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Alright. Haha. I figured but who knows...

Ugh I just want this thing done with

Ya I agree my head is spinning as well due to different info each day

BluenOrnge4Life
02-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Hmmmm

http://www.sailusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/spicy_chicken_masala_curry.JPG

I guess.... I just don't want billups to go... he loves it here.

and 3233, he's making a joke.
I'm sad to see Billups go too, but I think it's for the best because we aren't going to get much in return without him anyways, and Lawson is the PG of the future for this team.

jake15guy
02-21-2011, 05:23 PM
sure am gonna miss melo once he's gone. hopefully we can get a nice up and coming player to fill the void.

kinda makes ya wonder if the number 15 is cursed in denver lol

marshall wore 15(gone)
melo wore 15(soon to be gone)
tebow currently 15(who knows right?)

purely just small talk. hope nobody takes offense to the tebow part.

12and4
02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Guess who is gonna be on CONAN tonight?????? CARMELO ANTHONY!

ERoyal248
02-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Melo is close to being dealt to Knicks, possibly tonight, a source tells Y! Sports.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Source tells Newsday after Knicks-Nuggets talked today, Carmelo Anthony trade expected to be finalized tomorrow. #fb

http://twitter.com/alanhahn

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Goodbye Carmelo, we will miss you. Just wish things would have went differently!

Some players just want to go "home" again. But this is was your home too! Sorry it just wasn't in the right geographic.

We will win a title before you do Carmelo, mark it down!

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Goodbye Carmelo, we will miss you. Just wish things would have went differently!

Some players just want to go "home" again. But this is was your home too! Sorry it just wasn't in the right geographic.

We will win a title before you do Carmelo, mark it down!

Eh, I will miss Mr. Big Shot before I miss Melo. :(

I hope Chauncey opts out and is welcomed back. He can be Ty's backup if need be. Great veteran to have around.

#1 :salute: Can't wait to have you in our front office if we aren't able to have you as a player again.

Oh,

bye Melo, thanks for the 7-8 years of playoffs, when we only got out of the first round once.

BUT, these may just be more rumors, who knows.

But also, yes, we will win a Title before Melo. :D