PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

12and4
02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
But also, yes, we will win a Title before Melo. :D

lol its safe to say that neither will... just sayin. its near impossible for a team in denver to win a championship in the NBA...

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
lol its safe to say that neither will... just sayin. its near impossible for a team in denver to win a championship in the NBA...

Stop being a hater, Sam. :nono: :mad:

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Eh, I will miss Mr. Big Shot before I miss Melo. :(

I hope Chauncey opts out and is welcomed back. He can be Ty's backup if need be. Great veteran to have around.

#1 :salute: Can't wait to have you in our front office if we aren't able to have you as a player again.

Oh,

bye Melo, thanks for the 7-8 years of playoffs, when we only got out of the first round once.

BUT, these may just be more rumors, who knows.

But also, yes, we will win a Title before Melo. :D

I also hope Chauncey is able to opt out. He is my favorite player on the Nuggets.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Anybody else see the reports that we are gonna give Danilo Gallinari and Mozgov to the Nets for first round picks if the Melo-Knicks trade goes through?? Am I the only one who is against this? I could care less about Mozgov but Gallinari is a very good player and he is only 22? Why would we trade him? Maybe it's just me...

Edit: Link-
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/02/21/carmelo.trade/

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Anybody else see the reports that we are gonna give Danilo Gallinari and Mozgov to the Nets for first round picks if the Melo-Knicks trade goes through?? Am I the only one who is against this? I could care less about Mozgov but Gallinari is a very good player and he is only 22? Why would we trade him? Maybe it's just me...

Eh. I don't care. I hate European players, all they do is flop. But....that being said.....I'd rather not trade him, cuz he is good, and I will have to get over it. But still, 2 first rounders, for an unproven big guy who probably won't pan out and a 6th man type player, can't say I'd be disappointed.

I'd rather trade Felton though if they plan on having Ty start now, but then we don't have a good backup, idk, hard to say...hmm..

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Eh. I don't care. I hate European players, all they do is flop. But....that being said.....I'd rather not trade him, cuz he is good, and I will have to get over it. But still, 2 first rounders, for an unproven big guy who probably won't pan out and a 6th man type player, can't say I'd be disappointed.

I'd rather trade Felton though if they plan on having Ty start now, but then we don't have a good backup, idk, hard to say...hmm..

I see what you're saying, but I just hope the picks are this year, or 2012 at latest. I hate this 2014 1st round pick CRAP! It is stupid that they can even deal picks that far into the future...

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Several league executives talking to New York and Denver believe Knicks have caved and included Mozgov into trade package for 'Melo.

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:02 PM
I see what you're saying, but I just hope the picks are this year, or 2012 at latest. I hate this 2014 1st round pick CRAP! It is stupid that they can even deal picks that far into the future...

Agreed.

Shouldn't be able to trade picks that are more than 2 years in the future.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Dallas, Denver and New Jersey have discussed three-way that would land Harris with Mavs and Felton and Mozgov with Nets, source says.

Not sure who we'd get though, or if it would just be picks?

Spyder
02-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Looks like the Nuggets decided to go with a full blown rebuilding project if all of these rumors come true.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Looks like the Nuggets decided to go with a full blown rebuilding project if all of these rumors come true.

Why do you say that?

PG - Lawson, Felton(?), AC
SG - Afflalo, JR Smith
SF - Chandler, Gallinari (?), Forbes
PF - Kenyon Martin, Al Harrington, Sheldon Williams (?)
C - Nene, Birdman, Mosgov (?)

Don't really see that as rebuilding.

Plus we'll have some nice picks in the future if we make multiple trades.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 08:11 PM

Nah Gallinari will be the one piece that stays for sure. Id hope we trade Chandler and Mozgov but right now it looks like Felton and Mozgov.
But either way its brilliant. With the trade leaked, NYK could pull out becasue they dont want their players still in NY. Thus forcing Melo to sign with NJN. Or they go ahead and do the trade, and the team with Mozgov Favors Lopez and others turns out better than the Knicks. Knicks are getting screwed hardcore.

Spyder
02-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Why do you say that?

SG - Afflalo, JR Smith

I mean if they end up trading those players to NJ or Dallas for draft picks.

Kenyon Martin will likely be told to hit the road at years end and it's highly doubtful JR Smith will be brought back next season, especially if George Karl is brought back. Everyone knows those two can't stand each other. Plus rumors around the NBA speak of JR being really angry he still isn't a starter, so yeah I can def. see him looking elsewhere.

AA and Ty Lawson are very good building blocks. The Nuggets will likely be a little bit better IMO because of the return of team ball with Carmelo gone, though the current roster still won't be good enough to compete with the upper echelon of the Western Conference.

So maybe rebuilding wasn't the right term, but I suppose it's really going to depend on who the team trades with what they get back for Carmelo. Either way the Nuggets will be better off in the long term.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Why do you say that?

SG - Afflalo, JR Smith

Gotta take out Mosgov and either Chandler or Felton and yea thats our team. But I think its solid, thin at PG. PF/C must be a priority in the draft.

edit: You forgot Corey Brewer as well.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Just curious... We have our own 1st rounder this year right?

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
I mean if they end up trading those players to NJ or Dallas for draft picks.

Kenyon Martin will likely be told to hit the road at years end and it's highly doubtful JR Smith will be brought back next season, especially if George Karl is brought back. Everyone knows those two can't stand each other. Plus rumors around the NBA speak of JR being really angry he still isn't a starter, so yeah I can def. see him looking elsewhere.

AA and Ty Lawson are very good building blocks. The Nuggets will likely be a little bit better IMO because of the return of team ball with Carmelo gone, though the current roster still won't be good enough to compete with the upper echelon of the Western Conference.

So maybe rebuilding wasn't the right term, but I suppose it's really going to depend on who the team trades with what they get back for Carmelo. Either way the Nuggets will be better off in the long term.

I get what you are saying.

I think we keep JR, even though all signs point against it, especially if we ship out of these new players.

Kenyon, Birdman and Harrington are all way under-performing and if it wasn't for the new contracts for Birdman and Harrington I think we could see all of them gone. Kenyon for sure, if he doesn't take a major pay cut. Maybe try to trade Harrington or something, Birdman probably stays.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Looks like Mozgov and Felton are the two that go so here is my depth:

PG Lawson/AC (Hate this I thought we were done with Carter, just straight trash)
SG Afflalo/Smith/Brewer (Smith gone after this year)
SF Gallinari/Chandler/Forbes (Chandler probably gone after season)
PF Martin/Harrington (Martin gone after seasons end)
C Nene/Birdman

Thats a 7-8 seed in the West this season. This Offseason C/PF is a priority. Id love to get Sullinger, if he declares we need to do what we can to get him. As well as a backup/starting PG. Im not sold on Lawson yet. But for the most part we already got 4 young starters in Lawson, Afflalo, Gallinari, and Nene.

The Experience
02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Chandler is a much better player than Gallo so we should trade Gallo over Chandler. My guess is Felton though.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:22 PM
HERE IS THE TRADE:

It's Melo, Chauncey, Balkman, Williams, and Carter to New York.

Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, Mozgov and NY 1st round '14 pick, and 2 2nd round draft picks to Denver.

Minny gets Curry and Randolph

getlynched47
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
HERE IS THE TRADE:

Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, Mozgov and 2 draft picks to Denver.

Dear Melo:

Thanks for nothing, idiot. You couldn't deliver on a championship, and on top of that you basically spit on the face of your fans here in Denver.

I was a HUGE Melo fan, but with this drama-crap that you pulled, I'm done.

Good riddance.

As for Chauncey Billups, this sucks. I will not be watching anymore Nuggets games this season. I did not want to watch Chauncey go.

ERoyal248
02-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Den got the better end imo.

Knicks gave up a ton for Melo, we'll see how he does there. I'm just glad he didn't go to NJ, then Billups goes to Miami if he's bought out.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Dear Melo:

Thanks for nothing, idiot. You couldn't deliver on a championship, and on top of that you basically spit on the face of your fans here in Denver.

Good riddance.

As for Chauncey Billups, this sucks. I will not be watching anymore Nuggets games this season. I did not want to watch Chauncey go.

I HATE seeing chauncey leave :(

I will still watch though, love the Nuggets

DiversityA
02-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Dear Melo:

Good riddance.

I was never a huge Melo fan, but I agree. I'm excited we're FINALLY moving on, but it seems a secondary trade is going to happen with the Nets, or someone. I can't wait until we truly know what our team will be, and I'm actually more excited to watch games again.

But, goodbye Chauncey. :( You're welcome back any time. Is Felton gonna be our starter now? I want Ty to be our PG of the future, that's why I really wished we just left the Chauncey/Felton part out of the deal...

getlynched47
02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I HATE seeing chauncey leave :(

I will still watch though, love the Nuggets

I love the Nuggets too. I have only missed a hand-full of games this season. But seeing Chauncey traded really upsets me.

It upsets me that we had a super star with Melo and were unable to keep him, also.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:41 PM
I love the Nuggets too. I have only missed a hand-full of games this season. But seeing Chauncey traded really upsets me.

It upsets me that we had a super star with Melo and were unable to keep him, also.

I feel your pain man. I had just bought another Authentic C. Billups jersey. I will still rock it proudly and hope he comes back, if not as a player, in our FO later on!

YOU WILL BE MISSED Mr. BIG SHOT!

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Stein just said on ESPN that Mozgov, Nene, Smith, and Felton are the 4 players in play for the thursday deadline.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I dont like the younger Kroenkes, at least the Stan paid people to stay and wanted banners in rafters!

Spyder
02-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Stein just said on ESPN that Mozgov, Nene, Smith, and Felton are the 4 players in play for the thursday deadline.

Nene too huh?

Well just like I thought, the Nuggets are definitely trying a different route from the previous 7 years.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:46 PM

If they ship out Nene, we are definitely in rebuilding mode.

As much as an underachiever Nene is, that would hurt, badly. :ugh:

Hope we don't feel like we HAVE to rebuild now, because we definitely do not.

Spyder
02-21-2011, 08:49 PM
If they ship out Nene, we are definitely in rebuilding mode.

As much as an underachiever Nene is, that would hurt, badly. :ugh:

Hope we don't feel like we HAVE to rebuild now, because we definitely do not.

This is more or less why I figured the Nuggets would go into rebuilding mode. The FO had it in their heads that Carmelo was this irreplaceable superstar on par with guys like Lebron, Wade or Kobe and figured if they lost him then they'd likely have no choice but to rebuild.

Like I said, I don't think they have to and they still might not, but if Nene goes, that's def. a step in the rebuilding direction.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:50 PM
This is more or less why I figured the Nuggets would go into rebuilding mode. The FO had it in their heads that Carmelo was this irreplaceable superstar on par with guys like Lebron, Wade or Kobe and figured if they lost him then they'd likely have no choice but to rebuild.

Like I said, I don't think they have to and they still might not, but if Nene goes, that's def. a step in the rebuilding direction.

I agree with you 100%.

We definitely don't need to rebuild. We are most likely about the same because we will now pass and ball, with the possibility of playing defense.

But if Nene goes, we are rebuilding, which is frankly, stupid.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:53 PM

Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, Mozgov and Corey Brewer along with NY 1st Round '14 Pick and 2 2nd round draft picks to Denver.

Curry and Randolph to Minnesota

New addition is Corey Brewer as we suspected.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I wonder if the new Nuggets will be in uniform tomorrow night. If not, we play with a rather short bench!

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I wonder if the new Nuggets will be in uniform tomorrow night. If not, we play with a rather short bench!

They will. I just doubt we see any of the new guys start.

Most likely see Forbes as the starting SF tomorrow.

But they've gotta be, or else we'd have like 6 players :laugh:

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:07 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard
Chris_Broussard
Houston wants Nene bad but sources say Denver unlikely to trade Nene or JR Smith before deadline.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:08 PM
For some odd reason I miss Carmelo already!

:(

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Why will the Nuggets never be a powerhouse in the NBA?

Why can't we have the glory for once?

Why do we always miss out?

I don't get it!

We were so close in 2009, then the Lakers happened.

Why do the basketball Gods hate us here in Denver?

I can't wait to be the powerhouse I dreamed we could be as a kid!

Southstander
02-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Chris_Broussard
Houston wants Nene bad but sources say Denver unlikely to trade Nene or JR Smith before deadline.

ESPNews just said they might just trade them.

DishWater
02-21-2011, 09:18 PM
ESPNews just said they might just trade them.

Both of them?

Good god...it'll be a completely different team in 24 hours.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:27 PM
:sad:

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Quietly, new NYK G Chauncey Billups got paid as he is expected to get $14 million salary '11-'12 and won't be bought out, source tells Y!

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
:sad:

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Quietly, new NYK G Chauncey Billups got paid as he is expected to get $14 million salary '11-'12 and won't be bought out, source tells Y!

Wellllllllll (I don't want an infraction for this so....379Q783Q7587387)

Booooooo :(

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Wellllllllll (I don't want an infraction for this so....379Q783Q7587387)

Booooooo :(

If there was ever a time for an infraction it would be now.

:mad: :sad:

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Man I remember going to games at McNichols to a packed house back in the day, back when we played as a TEAM. Now it seems its all about me me me me. Maybe its a good thing Carmelo is gone, but it really hurts right now. Just as we were starting to become relevant in the NBA, we get torn down.

Story of my sports life.......

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
If there was ever a time for an infraction it would be now.

:mad: :sad:

grrrrrrrr I don't want to though, Melo isn't worth it.

DishWater
02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
I like Danilo; seems like someone who'd play well for George.

If JR and Nene will in fact be traded, I hope there's a way we can still wrestle Favors from the Nets...

12and4
02-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Just woke up from my study break... WTH HAPPENED!

One day here are the nuggets... the next day its this completely new team LOLOLOLOL

I cannot get used to that... freakin basketball

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Toughest part of this trade is going to be having to get used to having a European flopper as a part of the Nuggets, which I despise to much. :ugh:

The Experience
02-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Toughest part of this trade is going to be having to get used to having a European flopper as a part of the Nuggets, which I despise to much. :ugh:

I kind of agree. I don't watch Gallo much, is he a flopper? It's much better than Kirilenko.

I think Wilson Chandler will be a great player for us.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I kind of agree. I don't watch Gallo much, is he a flopper? It's much better than Kirilenko.

Yes, he is a big flopper, unfortunately.

BVP
02-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Its time for Afflalo to step up and be our star... ****ty because I was really excited about Favors coming here.

BVP
02-21-2011, 11:36 PM

I heard that Chandler will refuse to play for us...

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 11:38 PM
I heard that Chandler will refuse to play for us...

Haven't heard that one. Link?

Cyrend
02-21-2011, 11:45 PM
I didn't hear anything about Chandler refusing to play for us, but there were definitely reports that Chandler early on was steadfast about not wanting to be traded to Denver.

The Experience
02-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Haven't heard that one. Link?

All I have heard is he did not want to leave NY. Which is pretty normal. I have never heard that he would "refuse" to play.

The Experience
02-21-2011, 11:49 PM
I didn't hear anything about Chandler refusing to play for us, but there were definitely reports that Chandler early on was steadfast about not wanting to be traded to Denver.

Yes I think he was saying that. But that really means nothing.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes I think he was saying that. But that really means nothing.

It does worry me a little bit though, if he doesn't want to be here, he might not perform at the level we need him too

BroncoManiac_69
02-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I am shocked the deal contained so many players and brought Golden State into the mix?

Nuggets can go back to sucking again. :sad:

The Experience
02-21-2011, 11:58 PM
It does worry me a little bit though, if he doesn't want to be here, he might not perform at the level we need him too

The dude is a FA at the end of the year. If he wants to get paid, he will play. If he wants to get paid well, he will perform. I think after he gets in the organization he will want to stay.

12and4
02-21-2011, 11:58 PM
I am shocked the deal contained so many players and brought Golden State into the mix?

Nuggets can go back to sucking again. :sad:

lol, nah the new up and comings will pull through. and GS wasn't a part of this deal unless I'm missing something?

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 12:04 AM
lol, nah the new up and comings will pull through. and GS wasn't a part of this deal unless I'm missing something?

Their draft picks were, but they belonged to New York

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 12:06 AM
The dude is a FA at the end of the year. If he wants to get paid, he will play. If he wants to get paid well, he will perform. I think after he gets in the organization he will want to stay.

Yeah, assuming he re-signs period.

Ugh, nerve racking.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah, assuming he re-signs period.

Ugh, nerve racking.

I think Denver obviously coveted him enough to make him the center piece of the deal. Every name in the deal we got, Felton, Gallo, Mozgov all were in question whether they would be a part of the deal. Chandler has always been involved. I think Denver is very high on him, and he has the opportunity to be the main scorer on the team, very attractive to him.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 01:12 AM
I would love to see us unload the ball and chain (Bird) before the deadline.....

The Experience
02-22-2011, 01:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6146336

Nuggets not expected to keep Gallo.

They seem fully committed to Wilson Chandler.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:50 AM

Once they officially revamp their roster with the trade of Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks, the Denver Nuggets might be turning the page and focusing on their next moves.

The Nuggets are already pitching a contract extension to Nene, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

With Anthony moved, the Nuggets, according to sources, are focused on either extending Nene before the July 30 deadline or executing a trade closer to the draft.

The Brazilian forward has the right to opt out of his contract at season's end and is poised to walk away from the $11.6 million he's scheduled to make in 2011-12 to become a free agent.

Denver may also be working on a plan to trade newly acquired forward Danilo Gallinari.

League sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that the Nuggets are not expected to keep Gallinari once the trade, which also involved the Minnesota Timberwolves, is completed.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported that the New Jersey Nets might be interested in acquiring the perimeter-shooting forward,but the market for Gallinari might also include the Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors.

The need for time to move Gallinari is why Denver pulled the trigger on the Anthony deal Monday night, rather than get closer to Thursday's trade deadline to see what else develops, sources said. The Nuggets are not looking to deal Raymond Felton or Wilson Chandler, who were also acquired in the Anthony trade, a league source told Bucher.

Here is the article that, The Experience linked.

Good that we are working on signing Nene, that doesn't mean complete rebuild mode, but I wonder what we would get for Gallinari.

I personally think Wilson Chandler is a risky guy for the future, but if the Nuggets are confident they can get him to stay and be productive, I guess you don't need two starting SF's.

We'll see...

The Experience
02-22-2011, 12:11 PM

Here is the article that, The Experience linked.

Good that we are working on signing Nene, that doesn't mean complete rebuild mode, but I wonder what we would get for Gallinari.

I personally think Wilson Chandler is a risky guy for the future, but if the Nuggets are confident they can get him to stay and be productive, I guess you don't need two starting SF's.

We'll see...

They can probably get a good 1st for Gallo.

Chandler is very underrated IMO. He can shoot, score, rebound, block shots and defend. I think he is a nice piece to help build a good team around.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 12:21 PM
They can probably get a good 1st for Gallo.

Chandler is very underrated IMO. He can shoot, score, rebound, block shots and defend. I think he is a nice piece to help build a good team around.

Yeah I Agee. He is a good player. But if he doesn't wanna play here, there is no garuntee he will sign. Simple as that.

I hope he does and really want him to be our SF moving forward but idk if I would trade Gallinari just yet.

We'll see 2 1/2 more days to make trades...

The Experience
02-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah I Agee. He is a good player. But if he doesn't wanna play here, there is no garuntee he will sign. Simple as that.

I hope he does and really want him to be our SF moving forward but idk if I would trade Gallinari just yet.

We'll see 2 1/2 more days to make trades...

I think having time around one of the great coaches who players tend to love will change his mind.

I think everyone is making too much of his comments. First of all the article was on yahoo (not the most reliable source). He never said to anyone he doesn't want to play, it's all speculation.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Wow looks like GK is not a fan of Melo.....

Tweets from Vic Lombardi after talking to GK

Finally from George: "I want to coach a team that is willing to play the right way. That window has opened".
29 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I get the feeling George was never a big fan of Melo's game. He tolerated his game, because the team won. But coulda won more.
31 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I asked Al Harrington about whose going to pick-up the scoring slack. Another snicker. "We can find scorers. Not a problem"
35 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Karl: "I think Josh and Masai hit a home run". Okay, I think we have substantial evidence the coach likes the deal.
36 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
All in all, this coach seems eager to prove this team can win without a superstar. Can't wait to find out.
38 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Karl: "we haven't been a play-hard team. I want to be faster with the basketball. Carmelo was never fast with the ball"
39 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I asked George how he's gonna replace 28 pts a night, he sorta snickered: "you think I like the way we played with Melo?"
40 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
He not only believes they'll make the playoffs, Karl thinks "we'll be a threat in the playoffs".
44 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Just interviewed the Nuggets (what's left of them) and George Karl. Karl very upbeat.

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow looks like GK is not a fan of Melo.....

Tweets from Vic Lombardi after talking to GK

Finally from George: "I want to coach a team that is willing to play the right way. That window has opened".
29 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I get the feeling George was never a big fan of Melo's game. He tolerated his game, because the team won. But coulda won more.
31 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I asked Al Harrington about whose going to pick-up the scoring slack. Another snicker. "We can find scorers. Not a problem"
35 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Karl: "I think Josh and Masai hit a home run". Okay, I think we have substantial evidence the coach likes the deal.
36 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
All in all, this coach seems eager to prove this team can win without a superstar. Can't wait to find out.
38 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Karl: "we haven't been a play-hard team. I want to be faster with the basketball. Carmelo was never fast with the ball"
39 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I asked George how he's gonna replace 28 pts a night, he sorta snickered: "you think I like the way we played with Melo?"
40 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
He not only believes they'll make the playoffs, Karl thinks "we'll be a threat in the playoffs".
Just interviewed the Nuggets (what's left of them) and George Karl. Karl very upbeat.

Just saying the owner of the Cavs said they would win a championship before lebron sooooo people say things all
The time.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 12:46 PM
To me, I think GK is specifically talking about defense. I think this team will be a brand new team on that side of the ball.

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 12:48 PM
To me, I think GK is specifically talking about defense. I think this team will be a brand new team on that side of the ball.

Ya I hope so, we should model after the spurs great D and precise team work on the offensive end

The Experience
02-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Ya I hope so, we should model after the spurs great D and precise team work on the offensive end

Just as long as we don't flop like the Spurs do, I am good with this.

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Just as long as we don't flop like the Spurs do, I am good with this.

I still hate that they said manu drew the charge. I would also like to see us play with a faster pace as well.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Marc Stein says no more trades for Denver before the deadline.

giv
02-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Marc Stein says no more trades for Denver before the deadline.

I hope that's not true ....

hope nuggets more picks or young talent

The Experience
02-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Nuggets consider Chandler one of the league's better young SF.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1403/wilson-chandler

Looks like Denver will make a strong push for an extension.

DishWater
02-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Sounds like we're going to keep Felton, too. George might even play Law and him at the same time... I don't know enough about the guy to know whether that's a good idea or not, but sounds like we will actually run and pass now.

Which is a good thing.

CoryWinget81
02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Dempsey said on the Fan he expects Denver to keep their acquisitions and see how the team comes together to see what they have.

I, for one, am hoping Mozgov comes on strong. We desperately need a big man, and how boss would it be if he just fell in our laps like this?

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Dempsey said on the Fan he expects Denver to keep their acquisitions and see how the team comes together to see what they have.

I, for one, am hoping Mozgov comes on strong. We desperately need a big man, and how boss would it be if he just fell in our laps like this?

I heard that too and I think it's very smart. It's hard to tell how Melo's selfish play has negatively impacted the performance of other players on the roster, and it's also hard to tell how good/bad this team could be the way it sits right now. I think you move forward and see if this team can make a playoff push with what you've got.

If the Nuggets crash & burn, then you can look at blowing this up and trading players for draft picks.

DishWater
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
If the Nuggets crash & burn, then you can look at blowing this up and trading players for draft picks.

There's depth now. Almost too much. I'm not sure how you can blow it up (unless you send all of Nene, Danilo, Mozgov, Felton, and JR packing).

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Nene wants extension in Denver - in 5 year, $50M-plus range - but sources say he's intrigued with how he'd fit into OKC. Feeling's mutual.

Really, really can't afford to lose him anymore, I hope we can extend him, and he doesn't get to intrigued by OKC

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 05:39 PM
There's depth now. Almost too much. I'm not sure how you can blow it up (unless you send all of Nene, Danilo, Mozgov, Felton, and JR packing).

Too much depth? That's definitely a reach. There has been a lot of speculation that the Nuggets wanted to get rid of j.r. Smith, K-Mart, & Harrington. Those are 3 guys for starters, and I know they would get rid of Birdman if anyone was actually willing to take him.

DishWater
02-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Too much depth? That's definitely a reach. There has been a lot of speculation that the Nuggets wanted to get rid of j.r. Smith, K-Mart, & Harrington. Those are 3 guys for starters, and I know they would get rid of Birdman if anyone was actually willing to take him.

I'm not most knowledgeable of NBA fans but take a look at our PG, SF, SG, and C positions now.

If we don't trade JR or Nene, we'll have starting-caliber players coming off the bench in each of those.

It might be a reach, but maybe this is why George thinks we can still win in the playoffs...

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Nene wants extension in Denver - in 5 year, $50M-plus range - but sources say he's intrigued with how he'd fit into OKC. Feeling's mutual.

Really, really can't afford to lose him anymore, I hope we can extend him, and he doesn't get to intrigued by OKC

If thats what Nene wants, give it to him thats fair market value.

As for tonight, Im afraid to watch it could be ugly.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 05:54 PM
If thats what Nene wants, give it to him thats fair market value.

As for tonight, Im afraid to watch it could be ugly.

I agree. I don't have anything against that contract, I am worried he might try to leave us at the end of the season and go to OKC. Not sure if he would take the financial risk though

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Nuggets are getting one more asset in trade, source said -- Minnesota C Kosta Koufos

No clue who he is.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 06:25 PM
No clue who he is.

Big Russian guy I think

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Nuggets join Thunder in teams interesting in Grizz center Hasheem Thabeet, sources say.

DiversityA
02-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Definitely gotta keep Nene. I'd be more disappointed if he left than if JR left after the season.

But finally doing this trade has me actually excited about watching the Nuggets again, but it'll be better when the new guys can get here.

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Nuggets join Thunder in teams interesting in Grizz center Hasheem Thabeet, sources say.

I guess one thing is clear. We are looking to get BIG.

Sidenote, JR and Lawson playing good thus far.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Scotty Hasting is pumped up, you can just tell.

He is really excited for this new team without Melo.

Good start thus far!

GO NUGS!!!

The Experience
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
JR is on fire!

The Experience
02-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Anyone notice GK has been standing nearly the entire game?

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Anyone notice GK has been standing nearly the entire game?

Because he can actually coach now. With Melo the ball went into his hands for 15 plus seconds. Now we can actually pass the ball, and set plays. No more of this iso bull crap.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Because he can actually coach now. With Melo the ball went into his hands for 15 plus seconds. Now we can actually pass the ball, and set plays. No more of this iso bull crap.

It's fun, isn't it?

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Ok guys let's not forget this is a Memphis team without Rudy gay

The Experience
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Well one thing hasn't changed since the trade......

Birdman is still the most useless player on the floor.....

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 07:43 PM

This is the Nuggets without 5 of their players. Whats your point?

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 07:43 PM

True.

But they are one of the hottest teams in the league.

We only have 9 players.

And we are actually moving the ball.

It's fun......don't kill the mood. :nono:

The Experience
02-22-2011, 07:44 PM

It's still a good team.

Lawson has been the best player on the floor tonight....

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 07:45 PM
This is the Nuggets without 5 of their players. Whats your point?

Rudy gay is one of the best players in the league, and even the cavs won their first game let's not jump for joy due to scorn

The Experience
02-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Too funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lPWMKD8uZo&feature=related

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Rudy gay is one of the best players in the league, and even the cavs won their first game let's not jump for joy due to scorn

I jump for joy when ever my Nuggs play well. I dont care if were playing the Cavs or the Spurs. And as for tonight im happy with the ball movement we are seeing. Adding Gallinari, Chandler, and Felton only adds to it.

Only thing that concerns me thus far is we need Nene to be the back bone of this team, and he only has like 2 shots tonight. True hes been doubled all night, but he has gotta be our go to guy for the time being.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Who the hell is gonna do the Blackjack Pizza commercials now???? :confused:

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM

I'm about to get flamed, but I've never had blackjack pizza

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM

Billups still! :D

I doubt he moves, not a temporary place in NY. I doubt he is a Knick next season anyways.

But yeah, idk if he would still do commercials :P

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm about to get flamed, but I've never had blackjack pizza

No. That won't get you flamed, I don't think. It sucks.

Your other comment tho. :mad: :nono:

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Holy crap, The Bird is almost respectable tonight........................ALMOST :coffee:

Broncoholic JS
02-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Nene.......lol Good try though!!!!

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Timofey Mosgov and Raymond Felton are at the game in the box watching.

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Timofey Mosgov and Raymond Felton are at the game in the box watching.

Not surprising probally just arrived

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm really impressed with the Nuggets play thus far. Only 9 Nuggets tonight and they are up by 18 in the third.

They are passing the ball tonight and actually playing D! :D

The Experience
02-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm really impressed with the Nuggets play thus far. Only 9 Nuggets tonight and they are up by 18 in the third.

They are passing the ball tonight and actually playing D! :D

What a concept!!!!

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 08:40 PM
What a concept!!!!

I bet we were dumbfounded everytime we played the spurs

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 08:42 PM

The difference being that the Cavs got nothing for Lebron and the Nuggets got 4 quality players for melo - who aren't even playing yet - as well as draft picks.

Please refrain from any sort of Cleveland Cavaliers comparison, it's a completely different situation.

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Nene.....the Beast we knew he could be.

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
The difference being that the Cavs got nothing for Lebron and the Nuggets got 4 quality players for melo - who aren't even playing yet - as well as draft picks.

Please refrain from any sort of Cleveland Cavaliers comparison, it's a completely different situation.

I was making a clevland fan comparison, they got all hyped in the very beginning of the season only to have the nba's worst losing streak. So please refrain from commenting unless your sure of the comparison

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
This is one of the best games I've seen in a long time!

This is basketball!

20+ assists
10+ steals
DEFENSE

Lawson is too, too dirty!

The Experience
02-22-2011, 08:48 PM
This team seems recharged and refreshed. One of the best games of the year.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 08:49 PM

I was making a clevland fan comparison, they got all hyped in the very beginning of the season only to have the nba's worst losing streak.

Right... that's what you were doing. :rolleyes:

Broncoholic3233

If I were Mozgov or Felton, I would be pretty excited watching tonights game.

The Experience
Hey no need for bickering, The Nuggets are playing a great game. There should be no negativity!

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 08:51 PM

Agreed. I also am in the belief that JR Smith can be a superstar if he would just mature a little. There's no denying that he has the athletic ability to be a beast in this league.

Spyder
02-22-2011, 08:51 PM
The Nuggets are far and away more talented than the Cavs are, so I wouldn't worry too much about those comparisons.

I don't live in Colorado so I'm not watching this game but I have checked the box score from NBA.com and much like I have said for years.. more team ball, less selfishness, more defense. Th Nuggets will improve over time as long as the FO doesn't decide to completely rebuild.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Raymond Felton said to Uriji, "Don't trade any of the NY players, we will have a very good team"

Like the attitude :D

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Right... that's what you were doing. :rolleyes:

I've been burned one to many times by Denver teams, I'm a realist I'm just stating it how it is

The Experience
02-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Agreed. I also am in the belief that JR Smith can be a superstar if he would just mature a little. There's no denying that he has the athletic ability to be a beast in this league.

The Nuggets are far and away more talented than the Cavs are, so I wouldn't worry too much about those comparisons.

I don't live in Colorado so I'm not watching this game but I have checked the box score from NBA.com and much like I have said for years.. more team ball, less selfishness, more defense. Th Nuggets will improve over time as long as the FO doesn't decide to completely rebuild.

I agree 100% with both of these posts.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 08:53 PM

I don't live in Colorado so I'm not watching this game but I have checked the box score from NBA.com and much like I have said for years.. more team ball, less selfishness, more defense. Th Nuggets will improve over time as long as the FO doesn't decide to completely rebuild.it's been an exciting game to watch - especially considering the circumstances.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:57 PM
JR SWISH!

FOR 1, 2, 3!!

Nice buzzer beater :D

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 08:57 PM
JR SWISH!!!!! That was friggin RIDICULOUS!

The Experience
02-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Have we seen if CHandler or Gallo have showed yet?

I think Ujiri just said that they are all here...

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:58 PM
JR SWISH!!!!! That was friggin RIDICULOUS!

A little sad we didn't continue our defense in the 3rd quarter, but that made me feel all good :D

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:59 PM

Chandler doesn't want to player for us, so he didn't show up to the game. :(

As for Gallinari, haven't seen him either.

(I'm just kidding about the first sentence)

The Experience
02-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Chandler doesn't want to player for us, so he didn't show up to the game. :(

As for Gallinari, haven't seen him either.

(I'm just kidding about the first sentence)

You mofo. You had me goin for a sec ;)

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:02 PM
They just said all 4 Knicks are here, haven't showed them all yet.

Not sure when the T-Wolves guy will be here.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 09:02 PM

Ya they just said they are now all 4 in Kroenkes booth.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 09:03 PM
A little sad we didn't continue our defense in the 3rd quarter, but that made me feel all good :DYa I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack on that tonight tho because they are all playing soo many minutes.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna LMAO hard if NY loses tomorrow..... :D

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Im gonna break my TV if we blow this. Forbes, what the heck are you doing out there.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 09:08 PM
The newest Nuggets are down courtside to say Hello. :D

Can the Russian speak English? :laugh:

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:12 PM
That was fun listening to the new Nuggets talk.

I'm excited, to say the least!

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:12 PM
The newest Nuggets are down courtside to say Hello. :D

Can the Russian speak English? :laugh:

Hahahaha, Timofey was so akward.

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Does anyone else kind of wish the nuggets play the Knicks in the finals and we sweep them in 4 embarrassing games

Atwnbroncfan
Reporter: What do you think of Denver so far?
Mozgov: Say again
Mozgov: Dont Know

And what the heck was Gallinari wearing LOL

The Experience
Mozgov doesn't have much to say.... Let's hope actions speak louder than words.

Felton and Gallo seem stoked!

I think Chandler put any rumors to rest.....

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Mozgov: Say again
Mozgov: Dont Know

And what the heck was Gallinari wearing LOL

Floppers attire :P

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
That was fun listening to the new Nuggets talk.

I'm excited, to say the least!Me too man. I feel much better about this trade now that I can actually see the team.

Hahahaha, Timofey was so akward.

Ya it both funny and painful to listen to. lol

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Mozgov doesn't have much to say.... Let's hope actions speak louder than words.

Felton and Gallo seem stoked!

I think Chandler put any rumors to rest.....

Sorta, he said the right things, seemed a little less happy than Felton and Gallo, but hopefully that changes.

As for Timofey, that was just plain funny. :laugh:

The Experience
02-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Any idea what numbers they will wear?

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Any idea what numbers they will wear?

Felton #2

Gallinari #8

Chandler #21

Mosgov #25

I think they will all keep their same numbers.

As for the other dude, no idea

Broncoholic JS
02-22-2011, 09:24 PM
This is what defense and hustle looks like!! Good game tonight!

The Experience
02-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Felton #2

Gallinari #8

Chandler #21

Mosgov #25

I think they will all keep their same numbers.

As for the other dude, no idea

I'm pretty sure #2 is retired for English

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure #2 is retired for English

Ahhh, you may be right. Then I'd guess he will wear #20, which he wore in Charlotte

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
That win felt great!

Can't wait for Thursday nights game! So excited!

GO NUGS!

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Great win tonight. This team can still score, and I know with the new additions that our defense will be way better.

Can't wait till Thursday! :D

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 09:32 PM
That win felt great!

Can't wait for Thursday nights game! So excited!

GO NUGS!

My thoughts EXACTLY. Posted at the same time. :laugh:

johnlimburg
02-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Well one thing hasn't changed since the trade......

Birdman is still the most useless player on the floor.....

birdman was decent. I would try to move al harrington right now. Salary dump. Get a second round pick or something.

Harrington is useless.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 09:36 PM
birdman was decent. I would try to move al harrington right now. Salary dump. Get a second round pick or something.

Harrington is useless.

Birdman is barely worth minimum. He played ok tonight but he is horrible in all facets.

His contract is ridiculous.

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 10:37 PM
WOW looking at our roster. We are big and fast. We have 6 players who are 6'10" or bigger. And only 2 players under 6'5", which are our point guards. Im interested to see how this works out.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 10:48 PM
What do you guys think we are going to do?

Nene contract expires this year (w/ player option)
Aaflalo has 1 year left after this year
Felton has 1 year left after this year
Gallinari has 1 year left after this year
Wilson contract expires this year
Forbes contract expires this year

Who do we re-sign? In what order? Who do we let go? Do we trade any of these guys?

I think K-Mart is as good as gone, unless he takes a huge pay cut.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 11:47 PM

Who do we re-sign? In what order? Who do we let go? Do we trade any of these guys?

I think you can bet that all of those guys get extended. We may let Felton walk depending on how Lawson does.

Both AAA and Chandler are restricted FAs this year.

CoryWinget81
02-22-2011, 11:55 PM
If the Nuggets are interested in winning games in 2012, AAA will be a Nugget.

Reminds me alot of Andre Iguodala, in the sense that he, at any time, could blow up and become a superstar.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 11:56 PM

I could definitely see all of those guys getting extended... I think Nene will be extended within the next couple of weeks or so.

milehighireland
02-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Good win there, sort of statement at any rate... but the real acid test comes thursday night

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Well the Nets trade may haunt us for time and eternity. Nets about to give the Jazz the same deal for Williams. Favors Harris and picks to utah. This better not get shoved back in our face in 5 years.

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Call me crazy but I think this trade is all about keeping the Jimmer in utah.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't get it. Why did you let Jerry Sloan resign if all you were going to do was trade Deron Williams?

red19
02-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't get it. Why did you let Jerry Sloan resign if all you were going to do was trade Deron Williams?

I think Deron tipped himself off, that he was not really interested in re-signing. I think they saw the fiasco that was the Melo situation and wanted no part of that mess. As a long time Jazz fan, I can understand the front offices view of the situation. Favors can be a very good player, and Harris already is IMO. Im pretty happy with the results of a bad situation.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-23-2011, 10:00 AM
I think Deron tipped himself off, that he was not really interested in re-signing. I think they saw the fiasco that was the Melo situation and wanted no part of that mess. As a long time Jazz fan, I can understand the front offices view of the situation. Favors can be a very good player, and Harris already is IMO. Im pretty happy with the results of a bad situation.Aw gotcha. Ya I feel the same way about the Nuggets trade, it was sad but they did the best that they could considering the circumstances.

Two good front offices to make tough, good decisions like that.

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 10:16 AM

Someone will snag him before Utah has a chance. Plus, call me crazy, but I don't think he pans out in the NBA.

At least I hope not.

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Someone will snag him before Utah has a chance. Plus, call me crazy, but I don't think he pans out in the NBA.

At least I hope not.

I see him like an Eddie House. Deadly shooter, dont expect too much more.

red19
02-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Thats a good comparison, as would a JJ Reddick. I think he can find a good spot in the league as a bench scoring threat. I think he will make a good second rotation player. Might even throw up a few 20 pt games here and there.

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 10:24 AM

That I could see, I just can't see him as a starter.

Hope he has an off night tonight too :D

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Thats a good comparison, as would a JJ Reddick. I think he can find a good spot in the league as a bench scoring threat. I think he will make a good second rotation player. Might even throw up a few 20 pt games here and there.

Yeah, that too. JJ is kind of coming into his own now which I love to see being a huge Duke fan.

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
That I could see, I just can't see him as a starter.

Hope he has an off night tonight too :D

That would make my day for sure. Keeping my hopes up, but..........lol

:beer:

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Apparently Chandler has cousins that go to CU, and he said last night he wants to stay in Denver. Encouraging news.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/23/new-nuggets-arrive-in-denver-glad-to-be-moving-on/

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17457041

the0rangecrush
02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
I know we are interested in Thabeet, but could we still be interested in Favors. I still want favors in denver would Utah be interested in a trade?

The Experience
02-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Apparently Chandler has cousins that go to CU, and he said last night he wants to stay in Denver. Encouraging news.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/23/new-nuggets-arrive-in-denver-glad-to-be-moving-on/

Great to hear!

I think he should be locked up....

The Experience
02-23-2011, 11:26 AM
I know we are interested in Thabeet, but could we still be interested in Favors. I still want favors in denver would Utah be interested in a trade?

While I would like Favors, I don't wanna give Utah anything....

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the links man, I'll cp you later.

Still not sold, feeling better but is he just saying the right things, or does he sincerely mean it?

Hope he does for sure.

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 11:55 AM
I really really want Favors, but I also don't want to give Utah anything. Thabeet would be nice not sure he will pan out, but I'm confident Favors will. Hope we land one of them though. I'd love to move Nene to a PF

The Experience
02-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the links man, I'll cp you later.

Still not sold, feeling better but is he just saying the right things, or does he sincerely mean it?

Hope he does for sure.

It could be both.

One thing I noticed last night was that Felton and Chandler were both wearing hats but took them off during an interview with Maya Stark.

Very classy....

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah noticed that too. Love Felton already hope we can keep him as a role player/ backup to Ty.

I couldn't tell if Chandler was wearing a NYK hat or not, that wouldve been weird. :laugh:

The Experience
02-23-2011, 11:58 AM
I really really want Favors, but I also don't want to give Utah anything. Thabeet would be nice not sure he will pan out, but I'm confident Favors will. Hope we land one of them though. I'd love to move Nene to a PF

Thabeet has a ton of potential. He is just soooo raw. He has Mutombo like potential. I think we could get him for next to nothing....

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Thabeet has a ton of potential. He is just soooo raw. He has Mutombo like potential. I think we could get him for next to nothing....

Yup, and if we can get him cheap, do it now.

I just am not sure if he will pan out or not, he's a lot more risky than Favors, but definitely cheaper too.

The Experience
02-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Yup, and if we can get him cheap, do it now.

I just am not sure if he will pan out or not, he's a lot more risky than Favors, but definitely cheaper too.

If we don't have to give up much, then pull the trigger. If he doesn't work out, nothing really lost. If he does, Masai looks like a genius.

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 12:02 PM
If we don't have to give up much, then pull the trigger. If he doesn't work out, nothing really lost. If he does, Masai looks like a genius.

What do you think we'd have to give up? Like a future 2nd? Or a player like Ely and cash?

Also, do you know if we have a 1st this year?

The Experience
02-23-2011, 12:06 PM
What do you think we'd have to give up? Like a future 2nd? Or a player like Ely and cash?

Also, do you know if we have a 1st this year?

I'm pretty positive we have a 1st this year. According to this we do....

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

For Hasheem we may give up like 2 2nds or a 2nd and cash. I would love a straight up Bird for Thabeet...

the0rangecrush
02-23-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty positive we have a 1st this year. According to this we do....

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

For Hasheem we may give up like 2 2nds or a 2nd and cash. I would love a straight up Bird for Thabeet...

If we are in rebuild mode then yes do it. Thabeet is big project, pardon the pun, he dominated in college due to size and is gonna take a while to refine and learn the NBA game.

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 12:24 PM
If we would have to give up 2 2nds I'd say no thanks. But like a 2nd and some cash we just got, then it is probably worth it.

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Id give Forbes and a 2nd for Thabeet

The Experience
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this is 100% BS.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1140/raymond-felton

UNHAPPY FELTON LIKELY TO REMAIN IN DENVER
Sam Amick reports that "Word among rival executives" is that Raymond Felton does not want to be in Denver.
Unfortunately for Felton, Amick also reports that "Denver has said definitively" that none of its new players will be dealt. If that's the case, it's bad news for not only Felton, but for Ty Lawson. The two of them could still have decent value while sharing PG duties and potentially playing together some at the same time, but both will see their upside capped if Felton isn't dealt somewhere else. Feb 23, 2:39 PM
Source: Sam Amick on Twitter

He seemed genuinely excited to be here last night. I think this is BS.

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty sure this is 100% BS.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1140/raymond-felton

He seemed genuinely excited to be here last night. I think this is BS.

Maybe not...

Tony Dutt, agent for Ray Felton, will meet tonight with Den GM Masai Ujiri to discuss whether or not Felton will start.

Broncoholic3233
02-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Great....

:ugh:

the0rangecrush
02-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Give Lawson a chance when he plays he balls, plain and simple.

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Ray Felton's agent, Nuggets GM to Meet
By Chris Broussard

The agent for Raymond Felton will meet tonight with Denver Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri to discuss his client's present and future role with the club.

"I really want to clarify with him that Raymond is not going to be a backup," said Tony Dutt, Felton's agent.

With Chauncey Billups going to New York as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade, George Karl has said Ty Lawson will be the Nuggets' starting point guard. That would seem to put Felton, who is having the best season of his six-year career, in a reserve role, which would understandably not sit well with him.

But Dutt said other GMs around the league have told him the Nuggets have resisted trade inquiries for Felton by saying they intend to use him as a starter.

Dutt said he would not demand or ask for a trade if Ujiri tells him Felton will not start, partly because he doesn't want Felton to be a disruption to the team and partly because some of the clubs interested in Felton -- such as New Jersey and Atlanta -- have already made trades for point guards.

Ujiri, who said he is meeting with the agents of all the new players he acquired, said he intends to keep Felton for the remainder of the season. He would not, however, discuss whether or not Felton will start.

Relieved to have finally completed this season-long odyssey with Anthony, Ujiri made light of the situation, saying it's Karl's call as to who will start.

"My job was to bring two North Carolina NCAA championship point guards together," Ujiri said in a text message. "The rest is George's headache."

Part of Denver's interest in Felton was as a potential trade chip since he's having a strong year and has only one season left on his contract. But that will most likely have to wait until the June draft or during the summer.

"Raymond just wants to play," Dutt said. "At the same time, he understands Denver wanting to develop Ty. But if they were looking for a backup point guard, they should have moved Raymond."

What is with these NBA players. I dont think he realizes the Nuggs like have both their PG's on the floor. We didnt with Chauncey and Lawson, and we will do it with Felton and Lawson. If he doesn't want to be here trade he is worth something.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6152967

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Tuesday Night:

Felton: This Lawson guy is good. Glad I recruited his ass to Carolina haha, he gonna make a good back up for me.

Agent: No Felton he is starting and your his back up.

Felton: Lolz whatever you say. This team looks good, can't wait to start playing

Wednesday after practice:

Felton: What kind of BS is this, coach says I aint starting tomorrow? How do you do this to a fellow tar heel?

Agent: I told you yesterday Lawson starts.

Felton: I thought you were kidding. I thought you were trying to make me feel better cause I had to leave NYC for Denver. I even tweeted about it.

Agent: No Lawson starts

Felton: Go talk to the GM. I dont want to look like Melo. But I deserve to be treated like him.

GridironChamp
02-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Give Lawson a chance when he plays he balls, plain and simple.

Felton > Lawson in college and after.

the0rangecrush
02-23-2011, 09:17 PM

I respectfully disagree

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 09:22 PM

I respectfully disagree

Felton is more of a proven commodity. I think Lawson defers too much on open jumpers.

the0rangecrush
02-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Felton is more of a proven commodity. I think Lawson defers too much on open jumpers.

Yes Lawson has stuff to learn, but when he does will be a better fit for our team

BluenOrnge4Life
02-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Are we seriously already having problems on who is going to start at point guard?

The best player should start. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to trade Felton if the price is right.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm really excited to see the New Look Nuggets tonight!

:goz:

The Experience
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm really excited to see the New Look Nuggets tonight!

:goz:

Mee too!

I am going to the game, I can't wait!

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Mee too!

I am going to the game, I can't wait!

Nice Bro Have fun!

I was considering looking for tickets for the game as well

the0rangecrush
02-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Nice Bro Have fun!

I was considering looking for tickets for the game as well

Living on the east coast sucks, luckily they play the celtics so I get to watch

The Experience
02-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Article and video on the new guys after practice..
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17467825?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

the0rangecrush
02-24-2011, 01:24 PM
So the trade deadline has passed, looks like our team is set let's go nuggets!!!!

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 01:26 PM
So the trade deadline has passed, looks like our team is set let's go nuggets!!!!

I second this and I think it was the right decision to see how this team plays together before making any future decisions. :goz:

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow I just heard Melos' first press conference and he didn't even thank Denver one time. Really? Really? After 8 years? Not even a simple, 'It was a good 8 years in Denver."

He also said he is going to commit to playing Defense and that it really all comes down to effort... WOW.... :laugh:

So basically you didn't give it your all here in Denver, and now you will that you're playing in the Garden. This dude is a complete joke and a fraud.

I have two Melo Jerseys that I now plan to burn in the parking lot on the first night that the Knicks come to town.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Wow I just heard Melos' first press conference and he didn't even thank Denver one time. Really? Really? After 8 years? Not even a simple, 'It was a good 8 years in Denver."

He also said he is going to commit to playing Defense and that it really all comes down to effort... WOW.... :laugh:

So basically you didn't give it your all here in Denver, and now you will that you're playing in the Garden. This dude is a complete joke and a fraud.

I have two Melo Jerseys that I now plan to burn in the parking lot on the first night that the Knicks come to town.

Yeah.

But apparently he bought a page in the Sunday paper to thank Denver and the fans and what not.

Screw him tho....

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
With the Celtics making a trade today, they will be short handed tonight. Maybe that helps!

More minutes @ higher altitude = Gassed Celtics in 3rd-4th Quarter.

The Experience
02-24-2011, 04:39 PM
With the Celtics making a trade today, they will be short handed tonight. Maybe that helps!

Perkins not being out there will certainly help Nene

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 06:33 PM

They will have a playoff rotation. 8 player rotation probably.

Cant wait to see our new nuggs in action tonight.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Our lineup tonight:

PG - Lawson
SG - Afflalo
SF - Gallinari
PF - K-Mart
C - Nene

Ely and Koufos inactive tonight.

InElwayWeTrust
02-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up Broncoholic! I'd CP u but i gotta spread em around first. Thats the lineup i was hoping for. Cant wait to see Gallinari and Chandler go Beast mode on the C's tonight! GO NUGGETS!!!!!

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
This Bulls/Heat game is a close one. Go bulls.

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Gallinari looks great thus far, Nervous, but great. Needs to start finishing at the rim tho. As for early in the game the ball was sticking, but looks like were getting some good ball movement now. But dang, if I see one more Kmart jumper im gonna puke.

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Nene getting mugged in the paint every time.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Gallinari looks great thus far, Nervous, but great. Needs to start finishing at the rim tho. As for early in the game the ball was sticking, but looks like were getting some good ball movement now. But dang, if I see one more Kmart jumper im gonna puke.

Agreed, and I cringe everytime KMart takes a jumper - he has such an ugly shot.

12and4
02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
I like the new additions...

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
If we can shoot 40% in this game we will win. Shooting 32% right now, need to start knocking down some shots. It looks good so far, but this team has a long way to go. Seems a bit like chaos out there.

12and4
02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh I hate harrington....

InElwayWeTrust
02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
great, gallonari is already hurt.... uuugh

12and4
02-24-2011, 09:30 PM
great, gallonari is already hurt.... uuugh

Guess who's back :D

InElwayWeTrust
02-24-2011, 09:32 PM
haha, that was quick

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 09:32 PM
These refs suck.

InElwayWeTrust
02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Gallonari is really impressing me with his defense on big baby. I hope he isnt just doing this because its his first game here.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
These teams suck also tonight

Man what a boring game.

I want defense, but man, this isn't even a defensive battle, its just both teams sucking.

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Gallonari is really impressing me with his defense on big baby. I hope he isnt just doing this because its his first game here.

Afraid he is going melo on us? lol

These teams suck also tonight

Man what a boring game.

I want defense, but man, this isn't even a defensive battle, its just both teams sucking.

Very boring. But you can't deny seeing the potential in this Nuggets team now. We have 2 sets of starters. I want to see Mozgov hit the floor but doubt he does.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 09:46 PM
If we can shoot 40% in this game we will win. Shooting 32% right now, need to start knocking down some shots. It looks good so far, but this team has a long way to go. Seems a bit like chaos out there.Yeah. It's going to take some time for this team to gel and there will probably be ups and downs in the process.

Not only do the new players need to build chemistry with the old ones, but the old players need to get use to touching the ball a lot more now that Melo isn't there to demand it, the entire game.

12and4
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Wow... we keep missing shots... boo guys boo

DishWater
02-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Very promising. I disagree with you guys. Chandler looks legit. Gallinari too.

Anybody else notice they're wearing dark blue bands and elbow sleeves as opposed to white ones?

Money says that has something to do with the old white of the Anthony era...

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm really happy we didn't trade JR Smith. I want to see if he can develop/mature without Melo around. We all know he can score, and I think at the very least, he's good to have around while we see what we've got with these new additions.

I still think J.R. has the potential to be a superstar in this league and since we just had to trade two stars away, we might as well see this one through.

the0rangecrush
02-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Anyone else see how many FA we have next season.. Yikes.... No rest for the weary let's go FO

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Very promising. I disagree with you guys. Chandler looks legit. Gallinari too.

Anybody else notice they're wearing dark blue bands and elbow sleeves as opposed to white ones?

Money says that has something to do with the old white of the Anthony era...

I did see that too. New era, new bands/sleeves. :D

12and4
02-24-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm likin the new guys as well... They keep saying boston is shorthanded, but they have their three all stars in... our players have had only a couple practices together lol. It's like a pickup game vs the celtics :D "You you you you and you, play the celtics".

But at least we have some of our OG players in at all times to control things a lil more.

Broncoholic JS
02-24-2011, 10:35 PM
The only upside of scoring 61 points through 3 quarters is only giving up 60. LOL

johnlimburg
02-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Al harrington is hopeless.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Al harrington is hopeless.

So bad.

Felton hasn't been much better on defense.......

Wow....this is pretty pathetic

the0rangecrush
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Harrington needs to go same with birdman, and put Lawson back in he gives us a spark

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 10:49 PM
3 more years of Bird and 4 more years of Harrington :sad:

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Not sure about this lineup Karl put out there right now. Rather have Chandler or Gallinari in over Felton.

the0rangecrush
02-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Woah Martin just had a seizure lol

the0rangecrush
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Nene you don't need these stupid penalties, you don't usually do this stop it

johnlimburg
02-24-2011, 10:57 PM
im lovin the defense though. Something we havnt seen in years

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Ballinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :D

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2011, 10:58 PM
TRIPLE A BABY!!!

Now this New Nuggets BASKETBALL!!!

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 10:59 PM
I think we got this one boys! 2-0 in post Melo era, one win against an Eastern contender.