PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Atwnbroncfan
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Well Blazers didnt come to play today, getting destroyed by the spurs. So with a win tonight we clinch the divsion. :salute!:

Spurs look like they are ready to shut up the haters and are gonna go on a tear heading into the postseason.

Atwnbroncfan
04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Wow the spurs just decided to stop playing. lol all new ball game

CodyRoark
04-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Well Blazers didnt come to play today, getting destroyed by the spurs. So with a win tonight we clinch the divsion. :salute!:

Spurs look like they are ready to shut up the haters and are gonna go on a tear heading into the postseason.

That changed real fast... I hope San Antonio rallies and beats the Trailblazers.. Prob. not though by the way they are playing.

Atwnbroncfan
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
This game gives me a bad feeling.

Atwnbroncfan
04-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Same old nuggets acting like its gonna be given to them. This team is frustrating.

CodyRoark
04-08-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm not liking this game, we are playing sloppy on O and D.

CodyRoark
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM
We need to play better. 3 point deficit at halftime. We must come out in the 3rd strong.

Atwnbroncfan
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
No way that we are going to win this game by the way we are playing... It's over.

There is hope we play the thunder like this all the time. We always beat up on em in the 2nd half...knock on wood

CodyRoark
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Who knows, we need to open up and finish the game strong!

So many reasons to yell at the Comp. Screen so many reasons to scream hell yeah... Damn, if I could only make up my mind.

CodyRoark
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
There he is! It's Kleiza! Woot!

Where have you been man? We've missed your big time shots!

Atwnbroncfan
04-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Big game tomorrow. At lakers, time to see if were for real.

VenomousDB
04-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Isnt it hard to believe that the NUGGETS have made the playoffs 6 years in a row! I remember the good ol days with Billups and Mcdyess with the dark blue, red, and gold unis when they were at the bottom of the barrel.

Legendary30
04-09-2009, 07:25 AM
No matter what happens tonight in LA, the Nuggets are the real deal. :go:

Gr3yStreet
04-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Go Nuggets!

F the Lakers!

I HATE them SO much.

Legendary30
04-09-2009, 08:17 AM
BEAT LA

BEAT LA

BEAT LA

BEAT LA

http://www.freewebs.com/denvernuggetsforever/DenverNuggetsMainLogo.gif

Atwnbroncfan
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh boy am i getting nervous. I want us to show up today. We play like we did yesterday game will be done by half time.

Atwnbroncfan
04-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Game Time.....:dance::beer::rockon:

Atwnbroncfan
04-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Not saying we can comebacl. But we gotta start getting some boards, and the refs gotta even the calls out. It a bit one sided right now.

Atwnbroncfan
04-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Heck of a game going on right now.

Atwnbroncfan
04-09-2009, 10:19 PM
This game done. What sad is refs didnt let them play. Lakers got every ticky tac call. Games like these refs need to let players play. Disappointed in refs, and Anthony Carter today really let us down. Carter bad 4th quarter decesions took us from down by 5 pts to down by 15.

VenomousDB
04-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I had to stop watching

chazoe60
04-09-2009, 10:25 PM
This game done. What sad is refs didnt let them play. Lakers got every ticky tac call. Games like these refs need to let players play. Disappointed in refs, and Anthony Carter today really let us down. Carter bad 4th quarter decesions took us from down by 5 pts to down by 15.

I agree it was as if there were two sets of rules being used tonight. :sad: Why does Carmelo not get the star treatment by the refs that other all star players get?

The officiating in the NBA makes it almost unwatchable.

Atwnbroncfan
04-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I agree it was as if there were two sets of rules being used tonight. :sad: Why does Carmelo not get the star treatment by the refs that other all star players get?

Yea but I can gaurantee the Lakers are a little frightened. This game was closer than the score says. We were in it the whole time, and they know that in the playoffs they are not getting all those calls. If maybe Lakers didnt get 2 or 3 of those calls, Denver wins this game.

VenomousDB
04-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Theres way too many ticky tacky and judgement calls. They need to do something about that.

CodyRoark
04-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Hard to watch last night, but Smith was alright. He's just got to get a great look before just throwing it up. Melo did good and Nene was spectacular. Tonight Lakers play Portland in Portland. We need to pray that Portland falls, it'll give us a better chance to clinch the Division... If Portland loses and we beat Sac. in Denver on Monday, we've got it wrapped up.

Let's Go Nuggz!

Atwnbroncfan
04-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Hard to watch last night, but Smith was alright. He's just got to get a great look before just throwing it up. Melo did good and Nene was spectacular. Tonight Lakers play Portland in Portland. We need to pray that Portland falls, it'll give us a better chance to clinch the Division... If Portland loses and we beat Sac. in Denver on Monday, we've got it wrapped up.

Let's Go Nuggz!

If Portland loses tonight we win division. And if we win Tuesday and a one houston loss and we clinch 2 seed. Which seems where we want to be bc looks like that what Dallas is gonna get. But that scares me bc dirk could eat us alive. :sad:

Atwnbroncfan
04-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Lakers can rot and die for all i care, they are purposely tanking this game last minute and a half of the game against portland and only down 3 and all of their shots were from 3pt range. Wow, talk about a tank job. With that said portland played well, but im not gonna look too much into it. To win 3 of their starters had to play 35+ minutes, they wont be able to do that in the playoffs. Looks like nuggs will win monday, and might get the 2 seed. But it looks like we will be the 3 seed in reality.

CodyRoark
04-11-2009, 12:16 PM
We play Portland Wednesday.. We play Sacramento Monday. Portland plays Clippers tonight, Oklahoma on Monday and us on Wednesday. Portland is currently 1 1/2 games behind. If they win tonight, they'll be one game behind, then if they beat Oklahoma they'll be a half game behind. Say we win Monday and so does Portland, it will go down to a battle on Wednesday. It'll be a must win do or die. Win and You get the Division and 2 seed. Lose and you fall. Portland must lose tonight and or Monday. I don't think we can beat Portland in Portland... that place is harder to win in then it is in LA.

BroncoRy
04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
We play Portland Wednesday.. We play Sacramento Monday. Portland plays Clippers tonight, Oklahoma on Monday and us on Wednesday. Portland is currently 1 1/2 games behind. If they win tonight, they'll be one game behind, then if they beat Oklahoma they'll be a half game behind. Say we win Monday and so does Portland, it will go down to a battle on Wednesday. It'll be a must win do or die. Win and You get the Division and 2 seed. Lose and you fall. Portland must lose tonight and or Monday. I don't think we can beat Portland in Portland... that place is harder to win in then it is in LA.

If Denver wins tonight they clinch the Northwest division due to tiebreakers. Even if Portland were to beat Denver and have the same record at season's end Denver would be the champ because they ahve the better Division record.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gamecenter/preview/NBA_20090413_SAC@DEN

They can accomplish the first of those goals Monday night when they look to clinch their first division title in three years with a matchup against the lowly Sacramento Kings.

CodyRoark
04-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I just saw that... I hope Denver wins, but you can never count out the lowly teams fighting for pride towards the end of the season.

Gr3yStreet
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Houston could still steel the 2nd seed from us however because of tie breakers...I think.

Either way. Tonight is a MUST win.

VenomousDB
04-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Go Nuggets. You better win!!!!!!!!!!!

miguel_fdz92
04-13-2009, 04:06 PM

portland is very hard to win in but i hope the nuggets destroy portland since portland beat us :salute!:

Atwnbroncfan
04-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow that is all i can say. This is pathetic. Even if we come back and win it gonna be another year of 1 and done in the playoffs.......Can you say goodbye Karl?

Atwnbroncfan
04-13-2009, 08:30 PM
OH MY JR...........:jawdrop:

Eddiemac730
04-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Great game by JR Smith

:go::go::go:

VenomousDB
04-13-2009, 08:41 PM
JR Smith! Nice! Keep it up

Legendary30
04-14-2009, 06:34 AM
2009 Northwest Division Champions!!!!!!!!!!!

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/0102/20070102_031204_Nuggets_Logo_PickAxe_150bug.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/8b/fullj.e7b2551426d15159c80192c551c740d9/e7b2551426d15159c80192c551c740d9-getty-82991458ge001_blazers_nuggets.jpg

Peerless
04-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Early first round exit.

BroncoManiac_69
04-14-2009, 08:53 AM
I just heard from a friend of mine who sat court side last night. He was so excited. :laugh:

And come on boys and girls.... Nuggets to the Finals!! :rockon:

:heh:

:go:

Legendary30
04-14-2009, 09:05 AM
The Spurs will have an Early first round exit.

Fixed. :coffee:

Peerless
04-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Fixed. :coffee:

LOL :laugh:

They haven't been eliminated in the first round since Duncan has been there.

CodyRoark
04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
3 Rows Back! Woot when Smith was on fire in the fourth it was just like we won the Finals, the fans were pumped and I sure was!

Legendary30
04-15-2009, 07:19 AM
It all comes down to tonight. How bad do the Nuggets want that #2 seed?????

GO NUGGETS!!! I believe!!!!!!! :go:

Spice 1
04-15-2009, 10:40 AM
A little Chauncey goes a long way huh? This is the year Melo breaks out in the playoffs. I promise.

Legendary30
04-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Just a few more hours! Let Go NUGGETS!!! It's time you make Denver a Basketball town!!!

VenomousDB
04-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Just a few more hours! Let Go NUGGETS!!! It's time you make Denver a Basketball town!!!

That would be great for this city for them to bring home a championship after the whole Cutler debacle, and the Rockies being one hit wonders, and the Avs sucking complete ass.

Atwnbroncfan
04-15-2009, 04:11 PM
That would be great for this city for them to bring home a championship after the whole Cutler debacle, and the Rockies being one hit wonders, and the Avs sucking complete ass.

Dont be so sure bout that. Rockies have a great lineup even without Holliday. If they can shore up the bullpen, there is a really good chance they make the playoffs at the worst.

As for nuggets, they need to step it up tonight. All other teams have been playing at high intensity. Even though nuggs have won 13 of 14 i havent seen the same intensity from them as other teams have shown.

Eddiemac730
04-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I would agree have to agree with you the Rockies are going to be a good baseball team .

Oh Go Nuggets lets get that 2nd seed without the help of Dallas ..

:go::go::go:

Atwnbroncfan
04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Nuggs 6 mins away from getting 2 seed and playing dallas. Not sure if thats good or bad bc Dallas looks good, and Cuban hates us, especially JR bc of this year.

Atwnbroncfan
04-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Well Nuggs dont need to win. We got 2 seed Dallas just won. Just gotta wait and see the final of the Spurs hornets game to see who we play. They just went into OT. I dont mind playing either. Each has a player that worries me. With Dirk on Dallas and Paul on the Hornets. Hornets scare me less bc Chauncey can shut down Paul. No one is big enough to stop Dirk on our team.

Max Power
04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Nuggets are playing really sloppy tonight, and the Blazers look like they should be the #2 seed.

Max Power
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Well Nuggs dont need to win. We got 2 seed Dallas just won. Just gotta wait and see the final of the Spurs hornets game to see who we play. They just went into OT. I dont mind playing either. Each has a player that worries me. With Dirk on Dallas and Paul on the Hornets. Hornets scare me less bc Chauncey can shut down Paul. No one is big enough to stop Dirk on our team.

Paul scares me more than Dirk, because he's a complete point guard that can set things up for teammates when he's not scoring himself. Dirk isn't a mauling force inside, he's more of a jump-shooting big man, so if you contest his shots you can keep him in check. You can't shut him down because he does make really tough shots all the time.

Spyder
04-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Another early round exit?

New Orleans in 6!

Atwnbroncfan
04-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Another early round exit?

New Orleans in 6!

They will beat NO. Nuggs aernt trying.

MileHighPimp303
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
this is a terrible game, waist of my time, just terrible

Spyder
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
They will beat NO. Nuggs aernt trying.

I doubt that.
They've looked terrible all night, if thats all on purpose, they shouldn't receive a paycheck for this game then.
Not to mention.. I don't really think Chauncey is going to let this team go out and play without trying, that defeats the entire purpose of the Nuggets bringing him to Denver. They're overrated.

I say New Orleans wins in 6.

Atwnbroncfan
04-15-2009, 09:52 PM
I doubt that.
They've looked terrible all night, if thats all on purpose, they shouldn't receive a paycheck for this game then.

I say New Orleans wins in 6.

I think it will be good series. There still human, when a team knows they got it or think they got it they let it affect them. Like the broncos the week they played the panthers. They thought they had the divsion and then they saw chargers win, it affected them.

Spyder
04-15-2009, 09:56 PM
I think it will be good series. There still human, when a team knows they got it or think they got it they let it affect them. Like the broncos the week they played the panthers. They thought they had the divsion and then they saw chargers win, it affected them.

Well, comparing the Broncos and Nuggets isn't really a good thing then.
The Broncos were part of one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history, are you saying the Nuggets aren't much different? A big part of winning Championships is having heart and going out there night in and night out and proving it. If the Nuggets are just going to take nights off when they know they have something wrapped up, that shows a lack of leadership and desire. Hasn't Carmelo been in the league the same amount of years as Dwayne Wade and Lebron James? Two leaders. Carmelo simply isn't, not even close.

See the Lakers, they've had the West locked up for a while and didn't decide to just go to sleep.

Atwnbroncfan
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Well, comparing the Broncos and Nuggets isn't really a good thing then.
The Broncos were part of one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history, are you saying the Nuggets aren't much different? A big part of winning Championships is having heart and going out there night in and night out and proving it. If the Nuggets are just going to take nights off when they know they have something wrapped up, that shows a lack of leadership and desire. Hasn't Carmelo been in the league the same amount of years as Dwayne Wade and Lebron James? Two leaders. Carmelo simply isn't, not even close.

See the Lakers, they've had the West locked up for a while and didn't decide to just go to sleep.

Didnt know 13 of 16 is falling asleep. And Lebron is the same as Melo till he wins a championship. I agree this team is way too lax. But problem is we dont have any big men. But i still think we can pull out at least 1 series.

CoryWinget81
04-15-2009, 10:16 PM
If Nene doesn't stop being such a wuss against the bigger centers, we might not even get through one series.

I think since we had the 2 seed locked up, we just cruised.

Atwnbroncfan
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
If Nene doesn't stop being such a wuss against the bigger centers, we might not even get through one series.

I think since we had the 2 seed locked up, we just cruised.

Yea thats what i thought too. Although K-Marts one handed dunk on the reb was nasty. I was screaming for awhile after it lol

CoryWinget81
04-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Yea thats what i thought too. Although K-Marts one handed dunk on the reb was nasty. I was screaming for awhile after it lol

That jumper he hit in the third was sweet too.

I knew with 5:00 to go in the 2nd when the Blazers were hitting all of those shots in transition we were gonna lose :(

Spyder
04-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Didnt know 13 of 16 is falling asleep. And Lebron is the same as Melo till he wins a championship. I agree this team is way too lax. But problem is we dont have any big men. But i still think we can pull out at least 1 series.

Lakers didn't get embarrassed in any of their latest losses though.
Who honestly goes on ESPN and loses by like 40 and expects anyone to take them seriously?
Even if you just cruise along, make it interesting.

Your teams biggest problem is they're softer than a pillow.

Pau Gasol dominates offensively, but its a well known fact how soft he is on the boards, even he dominates Nene and your centers. Ouch.

Legendary30
04-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Lakers didn't get embarrassed in any of their latest losses though.
Who honestly goes on ESPN and loses by like 40 and expects anyone to take them seriously?
Even if you just cruise along, make it interesting.

Your teams biggest problem is they're softer than a pillow.

Pau Gasol dominates offensively, but its a well known fact how soft he is on the boards, even he dominates Nene and your centers. Ouch.

The Nuggets were within 7 points late in the 3rd. Their starters barely saw the floor in the 4th quarter. The Nuggets had nothing to gain by leaving The starters out their trying to win a meaningless game. If one of them got hurt, George Karl would be getting chewed up by the fans here in Denver.

Since they clinched they put it in cruise control. I'm not worried.

Gasol doesn't dominate Nene. The only thing that Gaol is good for is running the pick and roll with Kobe. He isn't going to post up Nene and back him down.

CoryWinget81
04-16-2009, 07:58 AM
The Nuggets were within 7 points late in the 3rd. Their starters barely saw the floor in the 4th quarter. The Nuggets had nothing to gain by leaving The starters out their trying to win a meaningless game. If one of them got hurt, George Karl would be getting chewed up by the fans here in Denver.

Gasol doesn't dominate Nene. The only thing that Gaol is good for is running the pick and roll with Kobe. He isn't going to post up Nene and back him down.

Thursday - April 16, 2009 - Lakers fans react to comments by L30:

http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/275.gif

Legendary30
04-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Thursday - April 16, 2009 - Lakers fans react to comments by L30:

http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/275.gif

:laugh:

Bring on the Hornets!!!! :fight:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1119/1152842607_155cb87b0e.jpg?v=0

CoryWinget81
04-16-2009, 08:14 AM

Bring on the Hornets!!!! :fight:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1119/1152842607_155cb87b0e.jpg?v=0

I agree. Bring em on.

CP3 scares me. Whenever I watch him when he's on his game, my face is stuck like :jawdrop:
Tyson Chandler scares Nene. :eek:

licence_to_kill
04-16-2009, 08:19 AM
That jumper he hit in the third was sweet too.

I knew with 5:00 to go in the 2nd when the Blazers were hitting all of those shots in transition we were gonna lose :(

Those early 3's they kept hitting were really spreading the floor.

Tough loss though, I was rooting for you guys.

CoryWinget81
04-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Those early 3's they kept hitting were really spreading the floor.

Tough loss though, I was rooting for you guys.

It didn't help that we were laying up like a Jr. High team.

Oh well though, we were crusing. Thanks Houston! :D

Legendary30
04-16-2009, 08:42 AM
That game would have been completely different if Houston had won. Oh well, the season is over.

First round Predictions:

West

1. Lakers vs 8. Jazz: Lakers in 5
2. Nuggets vs 7. Hornets: Nuggets in 6
3. Spurs vs 6. Mavericks: Spurs in 6
4. Blazers vs 5. Rockets: Blazers in 7

East

1. Cavs vs 8. Pistons: Cavs in 5
2. Celtics vs 7. Bulls: Celtics in 6
3. Magic vs 6. Sixers: Magic in 5
4. Hawks vs 5. Heat: Heat in 6

CoryWinget81
04-16-2009, 08:44 AM
That game would have been completely different if Houston had won. Oh well, the season is over.

First round Predictions:

West

1. Lakers vs 8. Jazz: Lakers in 5
2. Nuggets vs 7. Hornets: Nuggets in 6
3. Spurs vs 6. Mavericks: Spurs in 6
4. Blazers vs 5. Rockets: Blazers in 7

East

1. Cavs vs 8. Pistons: Cavs in 5
2. Celtics vs 7. Bulls: Celtics in 6
3. Magic vs 6. Sixers: Magic in 5
4. Hawks vs 5. Heat: Heat in 6

Garnett is done for the playoffs. They better sweep the Bulls or they are done.

Gr3yStreet
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Go Nuggets!

2 Seed! I say we win in five.

I think we can snake one in NO and win em all at home. But I am a homer when it comes to playoffs...:go::go:

Legendary30
04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Garnett is done for the playoffs. They better sweep the Bulls or they are done.

Garnett being out is why I have them winning in 6 instead of a sweep. I think they have enough without him, and with home court advantage, to win at least the first series. They wont repeat without garnett.

Spyder
04-16-2009, 10:39 AM

Sorry, New Orleans is still going to beat you guys, EAZY.

4-2 HORNETSSSS.

Gasol runs the pick and roll as good as anyone in the league, but his game is completely different when he plays Denver. He suddenly becomes a rebounder and isn't as afraid to take it to the basket. Maybe Nene isn't the big bad center he's made out to be. The goons on the Clippers give Gasol a rougher time.

Legendary30
04-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Sorry, New Orleans is still going to beat you guys, EAZY.

4-2 HORNETSSSS.

Good luck with all that.
Talk about looking horrible lately, the Hornets are 3-6 in the month of April so far and are 4-6 in their past 10 games. The Nuggets are 5-2 in April and 8-2 in their past 10. The Hornets are on a 2 game losing streak and backing into the playoffs.

The Hornets are going to get stomped.

Atwnbroncfan
04-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Good luck with all that.
Talk about looking horrible lately, the Hornets are 3-6 in the month of April so far and are 4-6 in their past 10 games. The Nuggets are 5-2 in April and 8-2 in their past 10. The Hornets are on a 2 game losing streak and backing into the playoffs.

The Hornets are going to get stomped.

Amen. Billups at worst can limit CP3.

Legendary30
04-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Amen. Billups at worst can limit CP3.

CB7 aka Mr Big Shot > CP3

:coffee:

Atwnbroncfan
04-16-2009, 11:22 AM
CB7 aka Mr Big Shot > CP3

Well not sure bout that. gotta give it up to CP3 he is nasty. But Billups has the most ability out of any of the PG's in the playoffs to stop him.

CoryWinget81
04-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Danny Ainge is pretty worried about the Celtics too...he just had a heart attack.

Legendary30
04-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Danny Ainge is pretty worried about the Celtics too...he just had a heart attack.

Damn, his artery was 100% clogged. At least he is going to make a full recovery.

CodyRoark
04-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Don't let me down Nuggets. Your in Denver, play smart and strong and keep your fans cheering don't let us down.

Atwnbroncfan
04-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Bulls look like a nice this team this morning. I think they actually may win this series.

CodyRoark
04-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Tomorrow's game is big for us. The thing I hate is that if you lose a game then your down 0-1 then if you lose another your 0-2... It feels much better to be ahead 1-0 and/or 2-0. Let's play some ball!

Gr3yStreet
04-19-2009, 07:53 AM
nba playoffs | first round
Melo: Apply pressure
In word and deed, Anthony seems ready for his mission
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post
Posted: 04/19/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT
Updated: 04/19/2009 02:06:31 AM MDT

Rosewood Crescent Hotel in Dallas is one of those impossibly opulent spots six stars, if you will with a 22,000-square-foot spa, a high-end sushi restaurant and two-story suites. On March 26, the day after a game at New Orleans, the Nuggets' starters had a day off at the posh hotel, but the reserves had practice at Southern Methodist University.

After the team bus pulled up at SMU, the usual suspects walked off Renaldo Balkman, Johan Petro, Steven Hunter but then, like a star cameo in a movie, out popped Carmelo Anthony.

"It just lifted everybody," assistant coach Chad Iske said of Anthony's presence. "It turned into a great workout one of our best practices and one of our best days, because he made a great leadership move on his part. All the younger guys and the guys on the bench saw that, and it's a positive thing for them to see.

"When your best player is working hard, your other players have to follow suit."

Anthony begins his sixth postseason today against the No. 7-seeded Hornets, and everyone around him says he's never been more focused. Days like the one in Dallas show Anthony's dedication (sure enough, he scored a season-high 43 against the Mavericks). No, he's not yet a Chauncey Billups-type leader, but he's clearly the most mature Melo since he showed up in Denver in 2003.

"I'm on a mission I'm on a mission, man," said Anthony, who has lost in the first round five consecutive postseasons. "I'm sick of just being in the first round. That's the only thing I've been thinking about. This series, I'm on a mission."

One year ago this week, the No. 8-seeded Nuggets began a series at the No. 1 Lakers, where some rowdy Staples Centers staples chanted "D-U-I! D-U-I!" The series was a debacle. Denver lost all four games by an average of 13.3 points. Anthony, arrested the previous week, had averaged 25.7 points in the regular season and shot 49.2 percent from the field, but in the playoffs he averaged 22.5 and shot just 36.4 percent.

Many of his teammates refused to talk to the media, but after Game 3, Anthony did, famously/infamously proclaiming: "We quit. Everybody, from the coaches to the players. And I said it. And I'm not pointing the fingers at anybody, because we all sucked. I didn't play worth a (expletive) tonight."

"We Quit" was headline news. About a year later, after the No. 2-seeded Nuggets practiced Saturday, Anthony was asked about his attitude for this postseason.

"Apply pressure," he said. "That's my slogan. Make that a headline."

New accent: passing

A proactive Anthony means an active Anthony.

"Obviously, Carmelo's going to be your main focus when you're playing this team," Hornets coach Byron Scott said Saturday, "because he can score in so many different ways on you."

Anthony is at his best when he can produce in transition, but sometimes the pace of a playoff game is more, say, Billups than Chris Paul. Denver needs Anthony to thrive in different spots, be it in a post-up setup, on the perimeter or slashing to the basket, like he does so well, so often (whether or not he gets the foul call).

But here's the catch: In order for Anthony and the Nuggets to succeed in this series, he must be a factor with the pass, too. Denver's not trying to turn him into a pass-first player, but as Anthony admitted, unselfishness is a key facet to this offense.

Even if it's not getting the assist, sometimes that pass before the assist pass is just as important, because it zips the ball from one side to the other and, especially in Anthony's case, it draws the defender on the Nuggets' star, opening a lane for a teammate.

"I think Melo is huge in that situation, because he's the guy who's going to see the most double teams, he's going to see the best defender James Posey's going to be on him a lot of minutes," Nuggets coach George Karl said. "He's got to stay away from the tricks and the little Posey antics that create your frustration."

And on the other end of the floor, "He's defending more," said Kenyon Martin, Denver's top defender.

Upgrade on defense

Before the season began, Anthony opened up about the mental toughness that comes with being a tough defender. He said in games against lesser teams, sometimes you have to play mind games to get yourself defending as if the matchup was, say, in the Olympic gold medal game.

And while there were a few blips against bad teams this season, Denver didn't let up too often against teams under .500 31-6, with none of the losses at the Pepsi Center. And while Denver's overall defense drastically improved with newcomers Billups, Chris Andersen and Dahntay Jones, Anthony's defensive upgrade has been significant, considering he used to be really bad.

"The team sees me doing that and everybody feeds off of that," Anthony said. "At times this season, we've played the best defense we've ever played."

"He's determined now," Martin said. "People have been putting him in the same category that Kevin Garnett was in and Tracy McGrady. I don't think he wants to be affiliated with that too much longer."

Until last season, Garnett had been to the playoffs eight times, losing seven times in the first round. McGrady is 0-for-7. Both guys were perennial all-stars, but people don't remember all-star teams they remember championship teams.

Anthony and Karl have had their run-ins over the years, and they even had a bump-in-the-road this season, in that game at Indiana, when Anthony refused to go to the bench. But the two are on pretty good terms now and, whether it's fair or not, are linked in this recent era of Nuggets history. Karl, who was hired in January 2005, has lost in the first round the past four seasons.

"I'm sure (Anthony) is aware of the target being on him and me," Karl said. "And I told him the other day that's kind of fun."

Asked the same thing, and sure enough, Anthony said the same thing: "There's a lot of pressure, man. But pressure is fun. This is the best unit I've been on since I've been here.

"It's my time to shine. It's our time to shine. This is our year I think we can go pretty far."

:go::go::go::go::go:

CoryWinget81
04-19-2009, 07:59 AM
I can't decide if I should hope the Nuggets play with a sense of urgency, or they they just play an even-keeled game.

I think I'm going with urgency. I love my Nuggets, but when they try to slow the game down the team as a whole becomes very complacent and lazy.

LETS GO NUGGETS!!

DawgFanatic
04-19-2009, 08:18 AM
wow....alot of new bandwagon fans i see around here.....Nuggets will get out the first round, but thats as far as they'll go.

CoryWinget81
04-19-2009, 10:23 AM
wow....alot of new bandwagon fans i see around here.....Nuggets will get out the first round, but thats as far as they'll go.

LOL I hope you arent talkin about me. Suite 64, come see me anytime! :salute:

CodyRoark
04-19-2009, 10:55 AM
That article posted above makes me confident. If my team is confident then I am!

GO NUGGZ!

Gonna wear my Nuggz jersey of Melo and my Denver Nuggz beanie tonight! It's ON!

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 11:13 AM

Yea pretty much look at whos replying here for most part it the same 5-7 posters who have been posting all year. None of us here really are bandwagon.

BroncoRy
04-19-2009, 11:51 AM
anyone else happpy with all the road wins yesterday?

I think those three road wins will reallly get the Nuggets focused and very business like as they prepare for today's game.

Nuggs will roll the Hornets. All they have to do is limit CP3 and West their is nothing else the hornets can consistently throw at the Nuggets. Peja will become such a defensive liability with Melo destroying with the jumpers and back his sorry ass down into the paint.

Chandler is still hurt. Rasual Butler...please....

Hornets have no bench and are a gimpy. Hornets have no one that can contain Smith off the bench and if Kleiza continues his good shooting ( from towards the end of the season) plus the Birdman flying all over the court. The Nugget bench will dominate the Hornets. I could also see Balkman contributing if called upon

Nuggets pose so many matchup difficulties for the Hornets. This series should be over in 5 maybe 6 in favor of the Nuggets.

Axemaster
04-19-2009, 01:33 PM

What the hell are you talking about? I have been on this board going on 4 years now. Under 3 different names. And have been talking about the Nuggets, and everything ELSE, the whole time!

CodyRoark
04-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Tonight we must play strong at home... The recent road wins by playoff teams yesterday has really gave me an itch. We need to not play sloppy in the first quarter... George Karl last week did mention that we are a stronger road team because we play smart first off and at home we mess around. We must put on our game faces and have great play from Kleiza, Nene, Melo, JR, Chauncey, Balkman, and Birdman...

Please don't put Petro in tonight.

CodyRoark
04-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Eek, the road success has continued... Philly just beat Orlando...

That means

Road Wins:
Houston(1-0 Lead)
Bulls(1-0 Lead)
Dallas(1-0 Lead)

Let's just hope the Nuggz, Cavz and Lakerz are the only teams that won at home in the first game of the series!

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Eek, the road success has continued... Philly just beat Orlando...

That means

Road Wins:
Houston(1-0 Lead)
Bulls(1-0 Lead)
Dallas(1-0 Lead)

Let's just hope the Nuggz, Cavz and Lakerz are the only teams that won at home in the first game of the series!

Im not worried. Hornets bench is terrible. Even if it even between our starters, i expect our bench to out score theirs by at least 20.

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Hawks killing the heat. I never watched em this year so I just thought they were an ok team who was benefiting from no one outside the top 3 in the east. But wow im impressed with this team. I wouldnt be suprised if they got to the Eastern Finals.

Peerless
04-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Hawks killing the heat. I never watched em this year so I just thought they were an ok team who was benefiting from no one outside the top 3 in the east. But wow im impressed with this team. I wouldnt be suprised if they got to the Eastern Finals.

They almost went to the finals last year.

They took Boston to 7 games. The Hawks are a fun team to watch. Joe Johnson is a very underrated/quiet superstar.

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 07:31 PM

They took Boston to 7 games. The Hawks are a fun team to watch. Joe Johnson is a very underrated/quiet superstar.

Yea i remember the boston series but i didnt watch the games. But im def gonna be watching this team for the rest of the playoffs. Smith is a beast too.

Gametime for the nuggs. As long as we dont get too jump shot happy we should be fine tonight.

DawgFanatic
04-19-2009, 08:49 PM

Makes you wonder what the boneheads in PHX were thinking back in '05 huh? And all smack talk aside, your spurs look done.... but i'll never count them out. I actually hope they win. I can't stand the Mavericks like i can't stand the Steelers.

Nuggets are winning right now.47-55 Q2

CoryWinget81
04-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Posting from the Can.

Great game so far, even though the defense makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes.

Birdman is playing great, Melo needs to take a better shot selection.

By the way, I can hear CP3 cussing the refs out all the way in my box. He's losing his cool.

DawgFanatic
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Posting from the Can.

Great game so far, even though the defense makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes.

Birdman is playing great, Melo needs to take a better shot selection.

By the way, I can hear CP3 cussing the refs out all the way in my box. He's losing his cool.

CP3 reminds me of the NBA version of L.T from the chargers...Cries when calls don't go his way and he also looks like him IMO.

CoryWinget81
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
CP3 reminds me of the NBA version of L.T from the chargers...Cries when calls don't go his way and he also looks like him IMO.

Yeah, I don't know why they didnt toss him in the second, he yelled "Bull@#%! You @#^%& @%^hole" to the ref.

Ridiculous.

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM

:laugh: now that you mention it. Thats exactly true lol. But as a nuggs fan im ok with 1st half. All I can say is Mr. Big Shot.

Gr3yStreet
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
We're lookin real solid right now....

Chauncey is the Man.

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
We're lookin real solid right now....

Chauncey is the Man.

and paul is a *****

CoryWinget81
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
and paul is a *****

Chris Paul is a flopping, classless piece of feces, and the refs are just eating it up.

By the way, that foul should have been on Chandler, not Melo's 4th. Glad we're up and looking strong, but if the games get called like this against a team like LA we're toast.

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Chris Paul is a flopping, classless piece of feces, and the refs are just eating it up.

By the way, that foul should have been on Chandler, not Melo's 4th. Glad we're up and looking strong, but if the games get called like this against a team like LA we're toast.

Man were killing the 2 seed.

Oh wait we are the 2 seed. Just watching this game and refs giving them the calls like they the 2 seed at home.

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
B-B-B-Billups!

Eddiemac730
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Yea Chauncey 1-2-3

:go::go:

CoryWinget81
04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Birdman (bur-d mahn) noun: No easy shots.

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Lol Reggie Miller is hilarious. Saying we taking the Hornets behind the shed and straight up beating em lol classic.

Gr3yStreet
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Dominated. :go:

chazoe60
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
The Nuggets bench is friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long live Kleiza(sp?)

CoryWinget81
04-19-2009, 10:09 PM
http://www.buildersshare.com/images/2008/05/18/woodshed2.jpg

http://www.gtdtimes.com/files/2008/05/taking_a_beating.jpg

Atwnbroncfan
04-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Great now some idiot has just made a name of nuggets fans as dirty by throwing a beer bottle at the Hornets bench....great. Thanks buddy

VenomousDB
04-19-2009, 10:24 PM
What an a-hole who threw the bottle. I hope he gets banned.

CoryWinget81
04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Great now some idiot has just made a name of nuggets fans as dirty by throwing a beer bottle at the Hornets bench....great. Thanks buddy

So dumb. Hope he spends the night in jail.

Gonna go pound a few at Blue Sky, PEACE!!

dragster69
04-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Just got a chance to watch the last few minutes of the 4th qtr, and the Nuggets are looking good. I'm not much of a basketball fan, but this is the time of the year I wouldn't mind jumping in the bandwagon and support the Nuggets
I wish them the best! :beer:

dragster69
04-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Great now some idiot has just made a name of nuggets fans as dirty by throwing a beer bottle at the Hornets bench....great. Thanks buddyThat's odd. I didn't think they would sell bottled beers at any sport arena as far as I was aware of...

VenomousDB
04-19-2009, 10:33 PM
That's odd. I didn't think they would sell bottled beers at any sport arena as far as I was aware of...

It was you wasnt it?! :P

But yeah I didnt think they sold them either, but it was definitely a beer bottle. Or maybe they still sell root beer in bottles? I dont know, but whoever he was is a jackass.

iowabronco24
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry guys I'm a lakers fan. KOBEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ha, I'm sure he's not the most popular guy in Colorado, but he's still the man in my book!

dragster69
04-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Sorry guys I'm a lakers fan. KOBEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ha, I'm sure he's not the most popular guy in Colorado, but he's still the man in my book!
No, he's not! :D
I'll tell you what, we can only hope somebody else knocks the Lakers out for us to get a chance. That said, we've played the Lakers well before, they're definitley the team to beat, but that's why you play the game :thumb:

dragster69
04-19-2009, 10:40 PM
It was you wasnt it?! :P

But yeah I didnt think they sold them either, but it was definitely a beer bottle. Or maybe they still sell root beer in bottles? I dont know, but whoever he was is a jackass.
Nah, I'm not that crazy :laugh:
Yeah, that was totally warped!

joshunderwood
04-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Awesome game by the Nuggs tonight, especially Billups of course, but whoever threw that bottle is a disgrace to Nuggets fans everywhere. Nice to see Byron Scott say that he knows the Nuggs have good fans, but that he thinks that one guy is an a**hole. Hopefully the Nuggets keep up the energy for game 2!

iowabronco24
04-19-2009, 10:42 PM
No, he's not! :D
I'll tell you what, we can only hope somebody else knocks the Lakers out for us to get a chance. That said, we've played the Lakers well before, they're definitley the team to beat, but that's why you play the game :thumb:

Ya, I think the Nuggets are talented enough to have a fair shot, but lets face it, I don't think any1 is touching them this year. I'd say the most any team is going to win against them is 2 games, at that will probably be the Cavs in the finals.

Mello is a baller though.

iowabronco24
04-19-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm also curious to how most of you fans reacted when you traded Iverson for Billips? It turned out great for you guys, but I could see some skepticism in the beginning maybe?

dragster69
04-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm also curious to how most of you fans reacted when you traded Iverson for Billips? It turned out great for you guys, but I could see some skepticism in the beginning maybe?Well, to be quite honest, I thought it was an even trade for what we were getting in return. I thought at first it was a gutsy move, but little did we know it turned out to be the best move the Nuggets could've made
In hindsight, that was an awesome trade! :D

VenomousDB
04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Well, to be quite honest, I thought it was an even trade for what we were getting in return. I thought at first it was a gutsy move, but little did we know it turned out to be the best move the Nuggets could've made
In hindsight, that was an awesome trade! :D

Didnt you say you werent much of a fan of basketball? :laugh:

Big Hock
04-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Broncos and Nuggets are the 2 teams I support. What a great game, Chauncy was amazing! Lets hope we sweep the Hornets out of the first round.

dragster69
04-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Didnt you say you werent much of a fan of basketball? :laugh:
I've said I wasn't much of a basketball fan, not that I wasn't a basketball fan, and I do occassionally watch some play-off games. That was big news though. I bet you there are people who are not football fans that know all about the Cutler trade ;)

UberBroncoMan
04-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Ya, I think the Nuggets are talented enough to have a fair shot, but lets face it, I don't think any1 is touching them this year. I'd say the most any team is going to win against them is 2 games, at that will probably be the Cavs in the finals.

The Lakers could easily beat us... not that I even like them, but based on this season it's just the facts.

Spyder
04-20-2009, 05:08 AM

Carmelo is overrated.

Chauncey is beastly in the playoffs though, I remember him tearing my Lakers up in 04, dude just brings his game to a new level.

If Denver had maybe one more big man and another solid bench player, they could give us a run.

CoryWinget81
04-20-2009, 07:23 AM
I hate Iverson with a passion, so early in the morning on my way to work, I was at McDonalds in the drive-thru getting breakfast. I heard on the radio we traded Iverson for Billups and McDyess, and I yelled so loud people were turning around in their cars looking at me.

IF, and I say IF, Birdman can turn the dial to 10 during the playoffs...there's our big guy downlow.

IF.

Bowie Man
04-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Carmelo is overrated.

Chauncey is beastly in the playoffs though, I remember him tearing my Lakers up in 04, dude just brings his game to a new level.

If Denver had maybe one more big man and another solid bench player, they could give us a run.

Melo is far from overrated, he's a great player that is clutch when you need him. I think we'll give the Lakers a run if we play them, but that run might be getting swept with every game pretty close. Anyway, the Lakers are the team to beat in the West, but the Cavs are better.

Bowie Man
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
IF, and I say IF, Birdman can turn the dial to 10 during the playoffs...there's our big guy downlow.

IF.

I agree, if Birdman and Smith light it up we're a scary team, but I also think Karl needs to play Balkman more. He's done very well defending guards, and if he can do a (relatively) good job of guarding Paul, we could us him like the Celtics used Posey in the finals last year. That would be very good since almost every Western playoff team has a good, if not great, guard. Parker, Kidd, Paul, Bryant, etc.

Spyder
04-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Melo is far from overrated, he's a great player that is clutch when you need him.

That's his biggest problem though, he's never been clutch in the playoffs, when you need him to be. Last night his 13 points didn't really matter because Chauncey and the rest of the team played really well. There's bound to be a night though, regardless of what round, that Carmelo is going to have to prove he could win a game, maybe a few, by himself the way Lebron, Kobe, Dwayne, Chauncey etc etc, all do.

CoryWinget81
04-20-2009, 07:49 AM
That's his biggest problem though, he's never been clutch in the playoffs, when you need him to be. Last night his 13 points didn't really matter because Chauncey and the rest of the team played really well. There's bound to be a night though, regardless of what round, that Carmelo is going to have to prove he could win a game, maybe a few, by himself the way Lebron, Kobe, Dwayne, Chauncey etc etc, all do.

He scored a few critical points, and had a couple of rebounds when the game was still close.

I wouldn't call Carmelo overrated, but he definitely will have a different role this year in the playoffs. He's doesn't HAVE to carry the team now.

Spyder
04-20-2009, 07:56 AM
He scored a few critical points, and had a couple of rebounds when the game was still close.

I wouldn't call Carmelo overrated, but he definitely will have a different role this year in the playoffs. He's doesn't HAVE to carry the team now.

In all honesty, a secondary role is probably whats best for a player like him.

Spice 1
04-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Melo will be fine. He just needs to let the game come to him. He's not at the level right now to take his whenever he wants it. The thing about Melo, is he can impact the game in a multitude of ways. He can help his team win w/o scoring. Right now he should let his offense come to him. That will help him get into a rhythm, and when he's in a rhythm he pretty dynamic. Melo is a beast in waiting.

Atwnbroncfan
04-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Billups Comes Up Big In Playoff Opener By Jeremy Wagner | TrueHoop Network
When he introduced Chauncey Billups earlier this season, George Karl proclaimed, "Our next step has been to win in the playoffs, and anybody who has been in the Eastern Conference championships six years in a row knows how to win in the playoffs."

On a night when the Nuggets clearly came out tight to start the game, Billups showed them how to win. He was the only Nugget unfazed by the pressure. During the first quarter, Billups shot 5-for-6 while the rest of the Denver players were 2-for-12.

As the game wore on, Billups' play allowed the other Nuggets to relax, and that led to an offensive barrage, including a 21-0 second-half run that blew the game open.

More important than the baskets he made was his vocal leadership. Billups was constantly communicating with his teammates on the court, giving encouragement and instruction. He was teaching this perennial playoff flop how to win.

While most of the attention will be on Billups' brilliant offensive performance, the Nuggets' incredible defense should not be overlooked. Chris Paul was "held" to his season averages and Kenyon Martin absolutely dominated David West, who shot 4-for-16 and struggled to get an open look. Billups' shot will come and go, but if the Nuggets can continue to play defense like that, the rest of the West better take notice.

Jeremy Wagner's work can be found on the TrueHoop Network's Nuggets blog, Roundball Mining Company

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090420

CodyRoark
04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
So dumb. Hope he spends the night in jail.

Gonna go pound a few at Blue Sky, PEACE!!

I thought it was that guy on here... what's his name... Spyder..I thought he was the one who threw it... lol.

Melo isn't overrated. He's a leader and a damn good one. Sure he had a bad night, not everyone has a great night... Sure Lebron is good, but really he's overrated if anything at all.

Billups and Smith I hope hit not one not two but 7 3's each!

I think we'll win Wednesday and take a 2-0 lead and then the real challenge of playing good on the road will happen... Let's sweep!

Axemaster
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I hate Iverson with a passion, so early in the morning on my way to work, I was at McDonalds in the drive-thru getting breakfast. I heard on the radio we traded Iverson for Billups and McDyess, and I yelled so loud people were turning around in their cars looking at me.

IF.

Well Birdman is playing better D this year then Camby, so I am glad we have him!

CodyRoark
04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
With the players we have I feel confident we can get out of the first two rounds. If we had home court when playing against LA we could win I think... But I hope either Portland or Houston, preferabbly Houston will take out the Lakers... Then we could win.

Atwnbroncfan
04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Well Birdman is playing better D this year then Camby, so I am glad we have him!

Thats bc Camby is an overrated Defensive player. He never played his man he always hung back to get the block shots and rebounds. He played for stats not wins. Birdman comes out of nowhere, and is always battling his man, he is less selfish than Camby.

Spyder
04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Melo isn't overrated. He's a leader and a damn good one. Sure he had a bad night, not everyone has a great night... Sure Lebron is good, but really he's overrated if anything at all.

No he's not. He's probably one of the WORST leaders in the league, that's one of the biggest reasons Denver brought Chauncey in, because your team were a bunch of individual one on one players.

Leaders don't get suspended for refusing to come out of the game.

BroncoRy
04-20-2009, 02:54 PM
No he's not. He's probably one of the WORST leaders in the league, that's one of the biggest reasons Denver brought Chauncey in, because your team were a bunch of individual one on one players.

Spyder, you seem to be an intelligent basketball fan. You have to figure in Melo's position. He does not play a position of constant impact. Generally leaders come from the PG spot, maybe the SG spot if the player is super talented like Kobe or Lebron, and maybe the center but even then you have to have a floor general who knows how to get the ball down low. The Nuggets have never had that before until now. Andre Miller was decent but was easily shut down when he was a Nugget. Allen Iverson....not a floor general whatsoever...Chauncey-hell yes.

There are few teams with leaders from the small forward position.

Get off Melo's case. He didn't score well last night but he worked hard pulling down seven rebounds, 2 assists, made his free throws and a block. That shows he didn't start moping and getting frustrated. If he fails again this series then by all means call him what you will but until then he deserves better.

In previous playoff years all the other team had to do was shut down Melo. Now that is not the case any longer.

Legendary30
04-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Lakers fans should worry about their own post season instead of what the Nuggets are doing.

Bowie Man
04-21-2009, 09:37 AM

It's kinda hard to score when you're sitting on the bench for most of the 4th quarter because you're up by 30 points, not to mention the fact that when the defense is focused primarily on you it makes it harder to score. Melo played fine last night, not great, but he did OK and let others(Billups and Smith mainly) reap the benefits of the Hornets' focus on him, and not getting upset about not getting the shots and the glory.

Legendary30
04-21-2009, 09:42 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0407/nba_g_nuggets_576.jpg

Legendary30
04-21-2009, 09:44 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0248/6011/98810_feature.jpg

Atwnbroncfan
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM

Leaders also dont rape innocent college girls. :coffee:

And they dont bicker with another player bc he hurt his feelings. Face it Kobe is overrated.

CoryWinget81
04-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Leaders also dont rape innocent college girls. :coffee:

And they dont bicker with another player bc he hurt his feelings. Face it Kobe is overrated.

I can't agree with this. I hate the Lakers, and I hate Kobe Beef with a passion, but the last thing that fool is, is overrated.

Atwnbroncfan
04-21-2009, 10:12 AM
I can't agree with this. I hate the Lakers, and I hate Kobe Beef with a passion, but the last thing that fool is, is overrated.

I think he is. The guy is a dirtball ball hog. Who cant win without a 300 pound monster in the post.

Peerless
04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Go Spurs Go!

Legendary30
04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Go Spurs Go!

.........and never come back.

licence_to_kill
04-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I think he is. The guy is a dirtball ball hog. Who cant win without a 300 pound monster in the post.

I dont get this. Ever NBA championship team this decade has had a good guard/bigman combo.

You could also say that Shaq can't win without a monster shooting guard.

Spyder
04-21-2009, 12:12 PM

Who did he bicker with? Shaq? Incase you haven't noticed, Shaq is the one who has stated for like a year that he wants to come to LA cause he misses the glory days. He also went on to talk about how the media blew it out of proportion and that he has no beef with Kobe. Last summers rap tape? Obviously Kobe has moved on, Shaq can't though, he wants to come back!

As far as Kobe being overrated....

well I think everyone else in this thread has pretty much answered that already.

I honestly hope Denver can make it to the Western Finals, really I do.
We're going to need the rest for the NBA finals after we have a tough series with Houston or Portland in the semi finals.

Spyder
04-21-2009, 12:15 PM

Shaq has won with two of the best guards in the game, he's won nothing with the garbage he has in Phoenix right now. He actually played well this year, but it didn't really matter.

Looking back at history, very few teams have ever won anything without a dominant force in the middle. See the Celtics and Bill Russell if you want a history lesson.

CodyRoark
04-21-2009, 05:35 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0248/6011/98810_feature.jpg

So Spyder, your telling us that that isn't leadership. He and Billups are the teams engine to make the car run for us. Without them we wouldn't move two feet.

Spyder
04-21-2009, 05:52 PM
So Spyder, your telling us that that isn't leadership. He and Billups are the teams engine to make the car run for us. Without them we wouldn't move two feet.

Are you referring to the picture or something else?

Chauncey is a leader, winner and awesome dude, I never said anything about that.
If Carmelo had half the intangibles and drive Chauncey has, he'd be one of the greatest of all time.

He's a better than average player, but nothing special as he was made out to be just 2-3 years ago.

Chauncey is the man though.

Atwnbroncfan
04-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Nuggets setting physical defensive tone in series
posted by: Dan Boniface 12 mins ago Toolbox: Read Comments Print Article Email Article Smaller Larger

DENVER (AP) - Dahntay Jones' in-your-face defensive style appears to be getting on the nerves of the New Orleans Hornets.

Still stinging over their lopsided loss to the Nuggets in Game 1, Hornets coach Byron Scott suggested Jones' heavy contact on All-Star Chris Paul crossed the line.

"I can appreciate anybody that plays hard, but when you get to the point where you're being a little dirty, that's the thing that kind of aggravates me," Scott said Tuesday. "Being that I played in this league, I know how tough that is. But when you get to the point where you're being a little dirty then I don't appreciate that - and I don't respect it."

Getting under the skin of the Hornets is all part of the plan for the Nuggets, who were determined to set an aggressive defensive tone for the series.

So far, they've succeeded in shutting down and bothering the Hornets.

"I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm just trying to put pressure on (Paul) and play hard," said Jones, whose team heads into Game 2 on Wednesday night with a 1-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. "People don't like it when you play hard, people don't like it when you're physical."

That approach served the Nuggets' Kenyon Martin and Nene well as Martin stymied David West and Nene kept Tyson Chandler in check. Also mixing it up in the lane was Chris Andersen, the "Birdman" swooping in and blocking four shots.

New Orleans should expect more of the same.

"The series is going to be a tough, long, long series and being physical is something that we've got to pride ourselves on," Chauncey Billups said.

Overlooked in Billups' 36-point scoring spree Sunday night was the aggressive nature of the Nuggets' defense, the team adopting the attitude that no basket for New Orleans would come easy.

"I'm not going out to foul nobody. I'm going out to play basketball," Martin said. "But if the situation calls for it, I'm not going to give them a layup."

The Hornets weren't exactly thrilled with some of Denver's tactics, taking particular exception to the way Jones was checking and pushing around Paul.

"I was looking at the tape, there were some cheap shots that I thought he took in there," Scott said.

Martin saw things a little differently on his copy of the video.

"Things happen when you play hard," Martin said.

Then again, Martin wouldn't want Jones covering him, either.

"He'd probably get up under my skin," Martin said. "That's what we need. That's what you want."

Jones certainly bothered Scott, who lauded Martin's work on West but wouldn't even acknowledge Jones' efforts on Paul.

"I don't give him no credit, not really," Scott said.

Jones doesn't understand the Hornets' irritation. His job is to limit Paul's production - by any means necessary within the rules.

"What Byron was talking about I don't know," Jones said. "It's the playoffs, it gets more physical on both ends."

Paul is attempting to stay above the fray and keep his emotions in check, especially on the court.

"I'm smart enough to realize if we both get ejected, or something like that, he's done his job," said Paul, who finished with 21 points on 7-of-19 shooting. "I'm more focused about what we're doing rather than what he's doing."

Although the Nuggets' swarming defensive disrupted the Hornets' pick-and-roll offense Sunday, Paul said it was more about them missing open looks than anything the Nuggets did. The team shot just 37 percent from the field, and allowed the Nuggets to blow the game open with a 21-0 run that spanned the third and fourth quarters.

"We're going to have to be aggressive, try to get to the line and get some easy baskets," Paul said.

That involves making West more of a factor, which concerns Karl.

"An All-Star has a way of bouncing back," Karl said. "They will see some things on video that they think they can exploit. The chess game has just begun."

The Nuggets' move will be to check, and check hard.

"We're going to bring the same intensity and play as hard," Jones said. "Hopefully it will turn out the same way."

Not that Denver's necessarily relying on another offensive outburst from Billups.

"We got one of our best players getting hot," Karl said. "How we win the four games are probably going to have different personalities, other than consistently being good defensively."

The Nuggets wouldn't mind seeing Anthony bounce back after being limited to just 13 points.

"I think they're trying to find some answers for our defense," Karl said. "We're trying to find some answers to give 'Melo more opportunities ... We're not going to overreact."

Anthony certainly won't. Watching from the bench in fourth quarter with the game sewn up does have its appeal.

"I'm in a great state right now - focused," Anthony said. "If I score 13 and we win by 30, I'll take that."

For confidence's sake, though, he wouldn't mind burying a couple of shots early in Game 2.

"My goal is not to come into a game and miss shots," he said, smiling. "Of course I want to make shots. It makes it easier for me, it makes it easier for everyone on my team."

However, he's realizing he doesn't have to carry the Nuggets on his shoulders alone. The offensive load can be spread around now.

"To have someone like Chauncey to step up, I'll take that on any given night," he said.

Get ready for a lot of fouls to be called on Jones. Now that the Hornets are crying CP3 is (gulp) gonna get more calls. Its sad that instead of talking about playing more and fixing something, all they can do in the playoffs is cry bc a player is being too intense.

CodyRoark
04-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Are you referring to the picture or something else?

Chauncey is a leader, winner and awesome dude, I never said anything about that.
If Carmelo had half the intangibles and drive Chauncey has, he'd be one of the greatest of all time.

He's a better than average player, but nothing special as he was made out to be just 2-3 years ago.

Chauncey is the man though.

I do agree with you on one thing though... I think he'd be excellent off the bench. I know I'm going to get bashed for that but I think he'd do better. He does great already and that's what I love about my Melo but he'd have more energy coming off the bench... But who would fill the void for the starter spot? JR could? But still Melo deserves a starting role but he'd be so much better coming off the bench..

Melo and Billups rule!

CoryWinget81
04-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Get ready for a lot of fouls to be called on Jones. Now that the Hornets are crying CP3 is (gulp) gonna get more calls. Its sad that instead of talking about playing more and fixing something, all they can do in the playoffs is cry bc a player is being too intense.

Screw Byron Scott AND Chris Paul.

Why doesn't Scott just come out and say "When Paul has the ball, everyone else should sit indian style on the court until he's done shooting"

CodyRoark
04-21-2009, 07:09 PM
"I can appreciate anybody that plays hard, but when you get to the point where you're being a little dirty, that's the thing that kind of aggravates me," Scott said Tuesday. "Being that I played in this league, I know how tough that is. But when you get to the point where you're being a little dirty then I don't appreciate that - and I don't respect it."

"I was looking at the tape, there were some cheap shots that I thought he took in there," Scott said.

TO BYRON Scott:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/Jbowen716/ALBundyGTFO.gif

CodyRoark
04-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Doesn't this dunk right here make you wanna just start a riot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L07gTJOm6kA

DAAMMNN

What was your guys' reaction when this happened?

I almost did a backflip out of my pants.

Atwnbroncfan
04-21-2009, 08:21 PM
I wasnt suprised KMart always throws it down hard as ****. But i was going crazy, woulda been perfect if Roy was standing right there too. lol woulda been perfect then.

CodyRoark
04-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I can't stop watching it... If only I could convert it into a GIF then I'd set it as my AVY.

njyz
04-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Just imagine Denver's potential lineups if NBA Hang Time 09 existed.. This team can catch fire on a dime - if they establish their consistent up-tempo style on both ends of the court. This can force the opponent to abandon all hope (see also: DEN-NO gm1). If they can win these first two series in 4, 5 games a piece, they can run toe-to-toe with anyone else at the end.

Legendary30
04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Chris Paul is a little cry baby flopper. He is a good player, but when he starts with the flopping its pathetic. I always think its so funny how these big NBA players get bumped and they go flying like they just got blind sided by an NFL player.

Legendary30
04-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Chris Pauls Flops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TaRdBpxfrw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnMUmLHOks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJcFa2oA5IU

Gr3yStreet
04-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm torn between which broadcast to watch....

I don't really care for Chris Marlowe all that much, but on the other hand I really don't want to hear about Chris Paul for three hours...

Legendary30
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm torn between which broadcast to watch....

I don't really care for Chris Marlowe all that much, but on the other hand I really don't want to hear about Chris Paul for three hours...

I watched the game on Altitude. On TNT they are desperately looking for reasons to praise Chris Paul. I'm not trying to hear all that.

Spice 1
04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I honestly hope Denver can make it to the Western Finals, really I do.
We're going to need the rest for the NBA finals after we have a tough series with Houston or Portland in the semi finals.

The Lakers have been getting plenty of rest. Just watch them play defense against Utah. :sad:

Legendary30
04-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Just about 8 more hours to go until tip off!! This is gonna be a great game. I can feel it!:go:

Gr3yStreet
04-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Let's hope for another blow-out. I would love to leave them feelin defeated goin back to NO.

I like the attitude the team is taking. They're acting like professionals. :go:

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 11:43 AM
http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/929982~Chauncey-Billups-2004-NBA-Championship-MVP-Trophies-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Chauncey looks naked, needs to add another one. And if Melo wins he got something over everyone in his draft. He will have college pro and world championship. :rockon:

Legendary30
04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/929982~Chauncey-Billups-2004-NBA-Championship-MVP-Trophies-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Chauncey looks naked, needs to add another one. And if Melo wins he got something over everyone in his draft. He will have college pro and world championship. :rockon:

Exactly!!!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2008-08/41809155.jpg

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2008/09/medium_melotrophy.jpeg

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Exactly!!!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2008-08/41809155.jpg

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2008/09/medium_melotrophy.jpeg

Its scary what 5 years does to you. :laugh:. Look how much different he looks lol.

Legendary30
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Its scary what 5 years does to you. :laugh:. Look how much different he looks lol.

He is a few shades darker and his mustache has filled in quite nicely!!!

Bowie Man
04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Not to mention he doesn't have the dreads since the Olympics. Oh, a prediction for tonight: I think JR and/or Nene will have a big game tonight. Now that I said it, it won't happen; but that's just the feeling I get thinking about it. They want to stop Melo and Chauncey, so Nene should be getting some open layups and dunks and JR should be getting some nice looks from the arc.

Legendary30
04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
My prediction for tonight.

105-98 Nuggets

Carmelo scores 24
Chauncey scores 15 and 11ast.
Jr Scores 20
Nene Scores 14 and has 14 rebounds.

Peerless
04-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Go Spurs! :peace:

NathanGriss26
04-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Go! my teams are Nuggets vs. Cavs NBA FInals Baby! go !

Legendary30
04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Go Jazz! Beat the Spurs! :peace:

I agree.

CodyRoark
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Are you a Nuggets fan or are you doing this to be funny?

I don't think it's funny, but if your a Nuggets fan why are you always rooting for the Spurs.

If your a Spurs fan make your own damn Spurs topic and stop flooding this one with ugly black and silver.lol jk

CodyRoark
04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Woot! What's up with Mr. Wolverine Chuck!

He's been complimenting us as of late! Usually he doesn't!

Just make sure Chuck you don't cut off your hand opening a box of twinkies!lol funniest commercial ever!

VenomousDB
04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Go Nuggets!

CodyRoark
04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Gametime is almost ready, let's GO NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peerless
04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm actually a Spurs fan, and have been supporting the Silver and Black since '01.

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm actually a Spurs fan, and have been supporting the Silver and Black since '01.

Since the bandwagon began. :P

VenomousDB
04-22-2009, 07:22 PM

How can you support anything silver and black :laugh:

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Wade went off tonight lol.

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 07:38 PM
http://nimg.sulekha.com/Sports/original700/carmelo-anthony-hilton-armstrong-rasual-butler-2009-3-25-22-1-37.jpg

Gonna be that easy for Melo tonight. :salute!:

Gr3yStreet
04-22-2009, 07:49 PM
:go::go::go::go::go:

Smoke 'em Nugs!

CinnaMunMun
04-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Hastings on the Melo foul:
And then the moron...I mean ref... thinks it's going to be a fight and calls the foul.

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Refs want to keep Hornets in it.

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Great 1st half. Need to keep it up.

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.christianpoint.org/inspiration/images/crying_baby.jpg

Its Chris Paul. Why dont you cry and pout some more to get some calls. :rolleyes:

Atwnbroncfan
04-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Nuggs and Cavs have to be considered the most impressive teams through the 1st 2 games of the playoffs.

CinnaMunMun
04-22-2009, 10:00 PM
It's nice to see the Nuggs get another commanding lead! :salute!:

Calif. Bronco
04-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Great win the last two games - now we just need to split in N.O. and wrap this baby up in 5!!! :salute:

VenomousDB
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Great win the last two games - now we just need to split in N.O. and wrap this baby up in 5!!! :salute:

Or how about just win the next 2 games? I dunno, seems logical to me

Calif. Bronco
04-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Or how about just win the next 2 games? I dunno, seems logical to me

Well obviously that would be the best thing, but NBA teams (and NBA refs) have this amazing tendency to feed off the home crowd so I expect New Orleans to play much better (and get more calls - legitimate or not) in Games 3 & 4

Legendary30
04-23-2009, 06:42 AM
The Hornets are completley over matched in this series. Everybody was saying that they were going to come out fired up and with a different intensity, but they had nothing. If the Nuggets can win the first one in New Orleans, then this series is over.

Legendary30
04-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Who else seen Brian Dawkins at the Nuggets game?? It was in the first or second quarter (On Altitude) and after a play the camera shpwed Dawkins wearing a black sweater and a black hat standing and cheering.

BroncoRy
04-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Nuggets are better at EVERY position when going starting five vs. starting five. CP3 is a stud but right now he is getting worked by Chauncey and the whole Nuggets team. This series is very reminscent of past Nugget failures. All other teams had to do was frustrate and double or triple team Melo. Now the Nuggs are doing the same to the Chris Paul and they have no answer.

I loved how the Hornets thought DWest would go off. Kenyon completely overmatches him defensively.

Denver should come home 3-1 and hopefully maybe even broom time.

Axemaster
04-23-2009, 09:15 AM

Their dynasty is OVER!:peace:

Gr3yStreet
04-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Let's keep a level head around here.

This series could still change VERY quickly if the team gets content and drops two on the road.

I don't think that will happen though. Chauncey will keep everyone focused. We just need to steal one in the big easy and were solid.

A sweep would just be dandy though. We don't have an '07 rockies type "streaking" team here. We got a group of solid veterans who know how to play. Some extra rest would be ideal.

P.S. Nene needs to figure out how to play playoff basketball. It just boggles my mind...he plays so timid..he is so HUGE that he can over power everyone...I dont know why he isn't...Tyson Chandler can't stop Nene....Nene is stopping Nene...

P.P.S BIRDMAN!

Legendary30
04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Chauncey has schooled Chris Paul so far. Alot of people were saying Chauncey would have his hands full trying to balance out Chris Paul But it's been the other way around.

BroncoManiac_69
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Denver's looking good. Let's hope they can sweep but at the very least just win this series. :go:

A buddy of mine here at work was saying chicken man. I said no... it's bird man. He says they are changing his nickname and I proceeded to argue with him.

He starts laughing and said yeah... with the Broncos new head coach being McD, it's Chicken Nugget.

That really made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

Atwnbroncfan
04-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Funny after we dominate again, Spyder is no where to be found. We have out played our opponet better than the Lakers have. If we can get to the Western Confrence finals, it should be a good series. But the numbers of this series are inflated, becuase in the season we had trouble getting rebounds when the likes of Gasol Dirk Duncan or whoever our opponet was. But if we can keep dominating our confidence will be sky high, and you dont want to play nuggs when they got their swagger.

Legendary30
04-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Funny after we dominate again, Spyder is no where to be found. We have out played our opponet better than the Lakers have. If we can get to the Western Confrence finals, it should be a good series. But the numbers of this series are inflated, becuase in the season we had trouble getting rebounds when the likes of Gasol Dirk Duncan or whoever our opponet was. But if we can keep dominating our confidence will be sky high, and you dont want to play nuggs when they got their swagger.

They are finally playing like they deserve to be there, instead of this "We are just happy to be in the playoffs" mentality. Chauncey knows what this would mean for this city. It would put Denver basketball on the map.

CoryWinget81
04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Chauncey is getting some deserved props, but how about Dahntay Jones?

He's locking CrybabyPaul3 down!

CodyRoark
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM
During the NUGGETs introduction, you guys have seen and all... Is there any way I could get my hands on that beat that plays while they are getting introduced?

Atwnbroncfan
04-23-2009, 07:33 PM
These games tonight are boring blow outs, Dampier is a whimp didnt follow through on his threat (i think). Hopefully Jazz can win now, i want to shut up some laker fans.

Calif. Bronco
04-23-2009, 09:16 PM
i want to shut up some laker fans.

I'm surrounded by an entire city of them - you truly have no idea how badly I would love to see them get knocked out early :thumb:

Atwnbroncfan
04-23-2009, 10:20 PM
good win by jazz tonight.

BroncoRy
04-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Is it just me or are the Hornets in denial?

After game CP3 said the only we reason lost we lost was because we didn't contain their runs. Uh, last I saw that is basically how a basketball game is won most of the time.

Then after game 2 Coach Byron Scott stated that the only reasons why they lost is they had some defensive lapses and they turned the ball over. Again, to me those sound like excuses when they preface a statement with the words " the only reason."

As a Nugget fan I love this mentality from the opposing team. They don't seem to get it. What they have to do is play better in all facets of the game instead of saying " the only reason...."

Also, the Hornets want to look at their series last year with San Antonio as inspiration. Yes, a series they LOST when they had home court advantage. They are trying to compare this series with the SA series in that most of the games were blowouts.

Memo to the Hornets...this is a new season. And no season is ever the same as the last.

The Hornets have clearly lost their sting. I really hope the Nuggets knock them out with a huge uppercut and send the best American Flopper into the off season soon.

Bowie Man
04-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Chauncey is getting some deserved props, but how about Dahntay Jones?

He's locking CrybabyPaul3 down!

I just want to see him do it to Kobe and Lebron!:thumb:

Atwnbroncfan
04-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Barkley said it best last night after the Jazz-Lakers series. There are pretty much 3 teams that came to play in postseason, Cavs, Lakers, and Nuggs. He said if he had to pick now it would be a Cavs-Nuggs finals bc the Cavs and Nuggs are on a mission. The Lakers are not playing with a passion or a mission, they just get complacent.

Bowie Man
04-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Barkley said it best last night after the Jazz-Lakers series. There are pretty much 3 teams that came to play in postseason, Cavs, Lakers, and Nuggs. He said if he had to pick now it would be a Cavs-Nuggs finals bc the Cavs and Nuggs are on a mission. The Lakers are not playing with a passion or a mission, they just get complacent.

:O:jawdrop::O BARKLEY said THAT?!?!? LIVE??? I don't like him, but it takes some guts to say that the Lakers will get beat on national TV.

Spyder
04-24-2009, 08:39 AM

I'm right here actually and to be honest, Denver has looked better than we have so far. We got beat last night with Utah missing one of their top big guys and Kobe looked terrible out there. I don't know if he's tired or what, but he looked bad. We almost gave away the 2nd game in LA a few nights ago. I believe we'll still win this series, but we have looked far from flawless.

I was hard on Denver before, but they have looked really good and if others around Chauncey can sustain playing at a high level, I can't see why the Nuggets shouldn't be in the Western Conference Finals atleast.

Spice 1
04-24-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm right here actually and to be honest, Denver has looked better than we have so far. We got beat last night with Utah missing one of their top big guys and Kobe looked terrible out there. I don't know if he's tired or what, but he looked bad. We almost gave away the 2nd game in LA a few nights ago. I believe we'll still win this series, but we have looked far from flawless.

I was hard on Denver before, but they have looked really good and if others around Chauncey can sustain playing at a high level, I can't see why the Nuggets shouldn't be in the Western Conference Finals atleast.

Kobe said that the crowd in Utah calms him down, and makes him play better. That may be true, but he needed to be more intense last night. When Kobe goes to the rack hard, he get's to the free throw line. I feel bad for Utah in game four, because Kobe is going to be aggressive as hell.

Atwnbroncfan
04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Report Violation i really think the hornets is going all the way because chris paul is not going to tollerate lossing 3 games in the roll.Hes going to put a flame in this game and all these hornets haters owe me a hundred dollor if the hornets go all the way in these series. Go Hornets!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol wow this is from a fan on espn. Its sad hed think that. Of all the teams in the west the one team with no chance to get to the finals is the Hornets. I think it will come down to the Lakers-Nuggs, Lakers will prob get in, in like 6 or 7 games.

But to think the Hornets will go all the way is just sad.

CoryWinget81
04-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Bear with me.

I think that the Nuggets playing as well as they are right now gives teams playing the Lakers added incentive. For instance, Utah (who plays really well at home) knows/thinks they can hang with the Nuggets.

Here is hoping that someone takes that added incentive and drops LA out of the playoffs!

Atwnbroncfan
04-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Are we sure this is playoff basketball? :confused: Bc im watching the cavs pistons game and there is no one there half the stadium is empty lol

CoryWinget81
04-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Are we sure this is playoff basketball? :confused: Bc im watching the cavs pistons game and there is no one there half the stadium is empty lol

Yeah, I heard on ESPN radio today that they were offering tickets to the game in DET to CLEVELAND season ticket holders for 11 dollars.

NugzFan
04-24-2009, 06:11 PM
During the NUGGETs introduction, you guys have seen and all... Is there any way I could get my hands on that beat that plays while they are getting introduced?

hey bronco fans! new poster here - as you can tell im a die hard nuggets fan and loving this team and the playoffs so far! glad to see you guys are too!

as for the song, i believe this is the one you are referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Eeen_QT2A (can you embed youtube vids here)

the song is written by TRE (love the song), and the video made by corona (video is equally awesome)...both of whom post at NuggetsTalk (nuggets forum).....id be happy to post the URL if its allowed here. or we could exchange links to both forums.

GO NUGGETS!!!

destroy the hornets in game 3!!!! :go::go::go::go:

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 09:24 AM
I know its draft day, but what a way to make time go faster than have a nugget playoff game at 11. Huge day for denver sports. 40 mins to tip off, lets go nuggs. :rockon:

joshunderwood
04-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah Nuggets! Anyone have ESPN Insider? If so, can you post this article?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/insider/news/story?id=4095305&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fplayoffs%2f2009%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3 d4095305

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Wow this is an amazng start. They are starting better so far then they gave all series, and thats a scary thought. Long way to go tho.

chazoe60
04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
When I see Melo play the way he has this season it makes me proud of how much he has grown up. I think Billups has been a very good influence on him.

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 10:33 AM
These refs are garbage? Why didnt we get these calls when we were home? NBA is really joke when it comes to getting who they want to win.

Botan
04-25-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm not a big fan of the refs either, but they seem to be calling it decently for a road game so far. I wish the nuggets would have finished off that quarter a bit stronger.

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm not a big fan of the refs either, but they seem to be calling it decently for a road game so far. I wish the nuggets would have finished off that quarter a bit stronger.

Its hard when thier playing refs and the other team. Refs just dont want it to be a blow out. When the calls started we were up 16 were now up 5.

chazoe60
04-25-2009, 10:46 AM
You had to know the Hornets would make a run and get it close again. As far as the reffing goes, NBA officiating is the most frustrating thing in sports.

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Where the **** is J.R.

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Karl might cost us the game, he did is rotation very very bad so far. Wating till 8-9 mins left in 2nd to take chauncey out and to get JR in? The rest of this quarter could be really really bad.

chazoe60
04-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Karl might cost us the game, he did is rotation very very bad so far. Wating till 8-9 mins left in 2nd to take chauncey out and to get JR in? The rest of this quarter could be really really bad.

It's still early. The third has been when we have been pulling away, so let's wait and see how the game looks half way through the third.

Botan
04-25-2009, 10:57 AM
We need to tighten up our defense. Leaving Paul wide open for a three looks really bad.

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 10:58 AM
It's still early. The third has been when we have been pulling away, so let's wait and see how the game looks half way through the third.

Just dont understand how Paul barely gets touched and he flops and he gets the call, but melo is getting banged around and gets nothing. Chris Paul is a disgrace. I cant stand floppers.

MileHighPimp303
04-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Nuggets are playing so sloppy, they blew an opportunity to end this series by half time. Lets start making shots.

MileHighPimp303
04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
playing 1 on 1, looks like the nuggets of old.

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I cant even believe this, this team is just quiting.

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Whats sad is EVERYTHING, every call play bounce luck is going Hornets way, and right now were only down by 2 lol.

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Game over, nuggs refuse to cut, refuse to try for anything inside. And with 5 mins to go Billups is still on the bench. Nene on the bench with 5 fouls, and the refs calling it heavily one sided. We have got a few calls, but nothing has been consistent. Gotta get ready for game 4. Will be huge.

The Experience
04-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Not over yet.

EDIT: Bad shot by Melo

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2009, 12:56 PM
We may have lost but im not worried. It took everything to go right for the hornets to beat us by 2. It will def help if we can win monday tho.

White Dragon
04-25-2009, 01:05 PM
The Nuggets played a HORRIBLE game, I mean down right terrible and ONLY lost by 2.

It was unrealistic to think it'd be a sweep, but I still believe Denver will take it in 6 at most.

draco193
04-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Need to get a W on Monday, time to stomp on any hopes the Hornets have.