PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

johnlimburg
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
JR=Starter in game 5 if we win tonight

Broncoholic JS
04-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Seriously, JR is huge for us. We need him, he's so in tune with our crowd. He provides so much energy for our team and he's the best pure offensive player on the team

With more maturity he starts on this team and is a top 10 player in the league!

I love JR!!

Broncoholic JS
04-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Can you feeeeeeeel it????????????????????????

GOOOOOO NUGGETS!!

Atwnbroncfan
04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
OT looks to be looming.

12and4
04-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Here comes the sweeeeeep

Broncoholic JS
04-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Don't put away the hardwood yet Pepsi, we will need it on Friday!!!

COME ON NUGGETS!!! LETS SHOCK THEM!!

the0rangecrush
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Westbrook had 30 points on 30 shots, if I was KD I'd be pissed. In team meetings he should be like I'm Kevin mo f'n Durant and you are shooting 30 shots!!!

beastlyskronk
04-25-2011, 10:35 PM
One game down, 3 more to go. OKC looked exhausted towards the end of the game, particularly Westbrook. Since the next game is Wednesday in OKC and there won't be much rest, I think we should try to attack early and often and keep them worn down.

Bad thing is Afflalo was being bothered by his injury tonight, not sure how much he'll be able to give the rest of this series. JR Smith is also going to be banged up with as much as he threw himself around tonight. Not to worried about Martin's knee, he looked fine.

12and4
04-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I wanted post # 5000

12and4
04-25-2011, 10:45 PM
http://www.nba.com/live1/

Press Conference

Now some crap I've been thinkin about (generalizations of course):

Game 1: At one point we were up 13 or 16, i forget. We had the lead with a minute left, and a bad non call on interference killed momentum... lost by 4.
Game 2: Got killed, but battled back on 4 or 5 occasions, which took heart, leadership, and courage.
Game 3: This is the one that got away. Close game till the fourth, then we went down by 10 or something, then JR lit it up and we got within 1 with like 10 seconds left, but couldn't pull the trigger.
Game 4: Same as games 1 and 3, but we actually pulled the trigger.

I'm just going through the games to show myself that we have been battling them each game, with one exception. We have a chance. We probably should have won one of the games 1 or 3, to tie the series, but it didn't happen. We DO have a chance... We just need some luck.

Broncoholic3233
04-25-2011, 10:57 PM
NUGGETS BABY!!!

Great crowd tonight for being down 3-0!

beastlyskronk
04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
http://www.nba.com/live1/

Press Conference

Now some crap I've been thinkin about (generalizations of course):

Game 1: At one point we were up 13 or 16, i forget. We had the lead with a minute left, and a bad non call on interference killed momentum... lost by 4.
Game 2: Got killed, but battled back on 4 or 5 occasions, which took heart, leadership, and courage.
Game 3: This is the one that got away. Close game till the fourth, then we went down by 10 or something, then JR lit it up and we got within 1 with like 10 seconds left, but couldn't pull the trigger.
Game 4: Same as games 1 and 3, but we actually pulled the trigger.

I'm just going through the games to show myself that we have been battling them each game, with one exception. We have a chance. We probably should have won one of the games 1 or 3, to tie the series, but it didn't happen. We DO have a chance... We just need some luck.

I agree, this series should be 2-2 but the refs missed the offensive interference in game 1 which probably costed us the game. Game 2 I think we just lost it mentally before the game started and the team was tired. We probably should have won Game 3 but we just didn't finish them.

Even though this series is 3-1, it's really been a lot closer than people think. There is a very real possibility that we can come back and win the series. Just keep attacking and drawing fouls especially on Durant who has been in foul trouble these last 2 games. Keep the game close and make sure Durant has 4 or 5 fouls going into the 4th then just attack him all 4th quarter. Westbrook showed tonight he can't finish us.

johnlimburg
04-25-2011, 11:03 PM
JR should play over 30 mins on wednesday. He is our only good thing on offense. AAA offense has been poor for awhile now. Plus JR atleast can create his own shot. AAA not so much. Start JR with Gallo, Lawson, KMART, and nene

Broncoholic3233
04-25-2011, 11:03 PM
History is made to be broken.

Gotta think good thoughts for good things to happen!! LETS GO NUGGETS!!

beastlyskronk
04-25-2011, 11:05 PM
JR should play over 30 mins on wednesday. He is our only good thing on offense. AAA offense has been poor for awhile now. Plus JR atleast can create his own shot. AAA not so much. Start JR with Gallo, Lawson, KMART, and nene

AAA's hamstring was really bothering him tonight. I'm not saying he can creat his own shot but he normally doesn't drive so often or pass up the couple of open 3s he had. JR should definitely get starter minutes though, he played well and hustled hard tonight.

12and4
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah we have found how to play durant and westbrook, although we still let them score.

Anyways, We were 47% from 3pt.

we were 23/64 which is 36% on 2pt shots....

but we got 1 more offensive rebound(13) than they did (12)

Glad chandler got the bench for most of this game... ugghhh he's been bad, bless his heart.

Broncoholic3233
04-25-2011, 11:17 PM

Sorry man, that is bias talking because that is not true at all. AAA was just fine game 3 offensively. His hammy is obviously only about 50% if that it seems.

JR was great tonight and I do agree he should play more minutes in game 5. Gallo starting to hit is huge also.

12and4
04-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Sorry man, that is bias talking because that is not true at all. AAA was just fine game 3 offensively. His hammy is obviously only about 50% if that it seems.

JR was great tonight and I do agree he should play more minutes in game 5. Gallo starting to hit is huge also.

Gallo needs to get mad to play well....... kick him in the nads.

Nene needs to wake up a little.

Kmart rocked with his jumpers.

Lawson = clutch

JR had one of his good days.

felton is the only acquisition that has been okay-good in each game.

johnlimburg
04-25-2011, 11:29 PM

No it isnt. He is the guy. You know that I have never been completely on the Trip A train. How was AAA fine in game 3. He looked scared to shoot in the clutch and hit 3 3 pointers in the first. He had like 4 points for the final 3 quarters.

AAA is a good role guy who is always going to be solid. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Also why did geroge go with the two small guard set. I would go with Trip A and JR in the clutch at the two guard spots.

Broncoholic3233
04-26-2011, 12:31 AM
No it isnt. He is the guy. You know that I have never been completely on the Trip A train. How was AAA fine in game 3. He looked scared to shoot in the clutch and hit 3 3 pointers in the first. He had like 4 points for the final 3 quarters.

AAA is a good role guy who is always going to be solid. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Also why did geroge go with the two small guard set. I would go with Trip A and JR in the clutch at the two guard spots.

You are letting your love for JR take over your thoughts on AAA.

Nothing more nothing less than a good role guy? Afflalo is one of the best defenders at SG there is. He has a GREAT 3 pointer. When he is healthy, he can great separation, not as well as JR, but JR is rare in his athletic ability. Afflalo can drive easily also. Afflalo is our best FT shooter on the team.

I mean c'mon man, I know if you had your wish JR would start over AAA, that is fine. I don't care who your favorite player is, but trying to make JR sound better and belittling AAA is not right.

You are acting as if AAA is just supposed to come back from missing 12-14 whatever games he missed and be on fire. He was great at the beginning of game 3, and then cooled off. I'm not denying that. But he still had 13 points, not bad for his first game back.

GK said he had taken AAA out for too long, so he couldn't put him back in.....not really sure what that means. Guess he figured he'd cooled off to much, and wanted to stick with the guys that were making these runs.

JR was pretty damn good tonight. He was great by any means, but he got the crowd into, his job as a 6th MAN that is what he is. He isn't a starter, he is that bench player that comes in and gives you 25 minutes, with a chance for him to light it up. He gets the crowd involved. That is what he is.

I wouldn't mind him to play 30 minutes, AS LONG AS HE IS PLAYING SMART. That is a big what if. He was hustling out there tonight. He was awful playing defense in the 1st half, then picked it up a good amount in the 2nd half.

Our key to success in game 5, is having everyone shoot lights out. We just need that break, we need our guys to be on fire, even for just that game, get us back home to game 6 and it is a brand new series.

GO NUGGETS!!!!

(now I must pull an all-nighter and study for an 8am exam)

johnlimburg
04-26-2011, 12:56 AM
You are letting your love for JR take over your thoughts on AAA.

I disagree. You know and posted a while ago that I didnt really think much of AAA.

Nothing more nothing less than a good role guy? Afflalo is one of the best defenders at SG there is. He has a GREAT 3 pointer. When he is healthy, he can great separation, not as well as JR, but JR is rare in his athletic ability. Afflalo can drive easily also. Afflalo is our best FT shooter on the team.

Yes he is the best defender however with a team with Melo and Billups that was alright and his 12 Points per game was good. However when you have a guy who could be the leading scorer with those starting minutes on the bench a guy who isnt going to give you all that much on offense I say he is a role player. Maybe yes. My love for JR is getting the way but Afflalo is in his way. And his 12 per game just aint going to cut it for this terrible offense of ours.

I mean c'mon man, I know if you had your wish JR would start over AAA, that is fine. I don't care who your favorite player is, but trying to make JR sound better and belittling AAA is not right.

I didnt try to belittle. Im just saying. With this offense we need a guy who can create his own shot. JR does that much much better than AAA. I actually really like AAA. And also I dont love JR as much as you make it out. For example I said he was an idiot in this thread after his comments. However he is the best Offensive player we have and he needs to be on the court atleast for this series

You are acting as if AAA is just supposed to come back from missing 12-14 whatever games he missed and be on fire. He was great at the beginning of game 3, and then cooled off. I'm not denying that. But he still had 13 points, not bad for his first game back.

Well then let him rid the bench like I am saying. Im not saying during the regular season JR should start but in this series he should.

GK said he had taken AAA out for too long, so he couldn't put him back in.....not really sure what that means. Guess he figured he'd cooled off to much, and wanted to stick with the guys that were making these runs.

Also I think he was a little banged up

JR was pretty damn good tonight. He was great by any means, but he got the crowd into, his job as a 6th MAN that is what he is. He isn't a starter, he is that bench player that comes in and gives you 25 minutes, with a chance for him to light it up. He gets the crowd involved. That is what he is.

How do we know he isnt a starter. He hasnt been a starter. I gave the stats when he does play over 30 mins indicating that he could be a much more successful starter than Afflalo. Atleast according to the stats.

I wouldn't mind him to play 30 minutes, AS LONG AS HE IS PLAYING SMART. That is a big what if. He was hustling out there tonight. He was awful playing defense in the 1st half, then picked it up a good amount in the 2nd half.

I agree with this comment

Our key to success in game 5, is having everyone shoot lights out. We just need that break, we need our guys to be on fire, even for just that game, get us back home to game 6 and it is a brand new series.

I think that JR is the key along with Lawson and NENE. Nene has to stop being a girl and throw something down the hole with force. And hit 3 throws.

GO NUGGETS!!!!

(now I must pull an all-nighter and study for an 8am exam)

That sucks. Good luck

Thoughts in BOLD

Broncoholic3233
04-26-2011, 01:02 AM
That sucks. Good luck

Thoughts in BOLD

I, and many others, just think JR is a 6th man type of player. Jason Terry could definitely start, but he is better from the bench. Same with Lamar Odom and Crawford. Hell, Manu, as good as he is, had come of the bench some until he was the starter.

Just some guys are better off the bench. I believe JR is that guy a good 25-30 minute guy.

Next year, if healthy, I look for AAA to average 17-18 PPG.

milehighireland
04-26-2011, 02:56 AM
It's really unlikely but if we get the win on wednesday they'll start to sweat. We probably wont, mind, but they're still very playoff raw and we could instil a bit of panic and get them on the ropes if we pull it to 3-2 coming back home.

C'mon lads, a 3-4 happened in the NHL last year, why can't we do it?

johnlimburg
04-26-2011, 04:31 AM
It's really unlikely but if we get the win on wednesday they'll start to sweat. We probably wont, mind, but they're still very playoff raw and we could instil a bit of panic and get them on the ropes if we pull it to 3-2 coming back home.

C'mon lads, a 3-4 happened in the NHL last year, why can't we do it?

The chances are very slim however it aint over till its over. You should have heard Tomm Looney on JT the Brick saying were were embarrassing the way we celebrated with like 7 minutes to go. I tweeted him and he was like you almost lost so big deal pretty much.

Plus I just wish we could get over this two PG crap. I want lawson in majority 35+ minutes. Felton IMO really isnt anything special. I think we will move him and either Gallo or Chandler in the offseason. If we resign Chandler.

Also am the only who was very happy to see Gallo excited and pumped to win. Screaming lets go and punchin his chest. I love that passion. He wanted it out there and matched Durant blow for blow in the second half.

PP7FTW
04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
They better not move Gallo, he's the next Dirk. The only scenario in which i would be ok with Gallo being moved is if it's in a reasonable package for a superstar like Dwight Howard. Chandler can GTFO, he sucks. Felton can stick around as Ty's backup, I don't get the hate for him. He's a good backup PG to have.

The Experience
04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
They better not move Gallo, he's the next Dirk. The only scenario in which i would be ok with Gallo being moved is if it's in a reasonable package for a superstar like Dwight Howard. Chandler can GTFO, he sucks. Felton can stick around as Ty's backup, I don't get the hate for him. He's a good backup PG to have.

Chandler's D is very valuable. He is just slumping on offense.

You must not have watched any Nuggets games up until playoffs...

PP7FTW
04-26-2011, 10:00 AM
He's average at best, and that includes his defense. I've watched plenty of Nuggets games before the playoffs.

Broncoholic3233
04-26-2011, 10:05 AM
He's average at best, and that includes his defense. I've watched plenty of Nuggets games before the playoffs.

I don't know why you are saying Chandlers D is average. He has above average D for this NBA we play in where there is little to no defense half the time.

Broncoholic3233
04-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Plus, Chandler was doing great in NY. He is slumping right now no doubt but too much hate on him from you.

Also, Felton has stated he is a starter not a backup. So it's doubtful he'll stick around unless we give him starter money and almost starter minutes as a backup.

PP7FTW
04-26-2011, 10:12 AM
He tends to give good jump shooters too much space to shoot. We've seen that throughout this series when he's on Durant (though granted Durant is a tough matchup for anybody).

I'm just saying he's expendable, that's all. He's definitely a player the Nuggets should include in a trade package for a dominant big if one became available.

Broncoholic3233
04-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Gotcha.

If we can only take one I'd take Gallo for sure over Chandler. Gallo is just as good of defender, at least in this series. His jump shot is very smooth. He's a good flopper :P He just needs to work on his driving and shooting to score rather than looking for the foul.

I think we need both and hopefully we can keep both. But I agree we need go package something together and go after a big.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Good game last night. I really enjoyed watching Gallo & TY come through big for us.

Oh, and my TV is thankful that we didn't squander that 10 point lead we had with 2 mins left in the 4th... I was going to break things if we did. :D

The Experience
04-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Gotcha.

If we can only take one I'd take Gallo for sure over Chandler. Gallo is just as good of defender, at least in this series. His jump shot is very smooth. He's a good flopper :P He just needs to work on his driving and shooting to score rather than looking for the foul.

I think we need both and hopefully we can keep both. But I agree we need go package something together and go after a big.

Chandler will become valuable because I am pretty sure JR won't be back. Chandler would be a great guy to have coming off the bench regardless if JR leaves or not.

beastlyskronk
04-26-2011, 03:11 PM
He tends to give good jump shooters too much space to shoot. We've seen that throughout this series when he's on Durant (though granted Durant is a tough matchup for anybody).

I'm just saying he's expendable, that's all. He's definitely a player the Nuggets should include in a trade package for a dominant big if one became available.

Chandler has really struggled when someone sets a screen. Usually other than that he's fine. He's definitely making Durant work for his baskets and it will wear him down, especially if we keep prolonging the series. Offensively he's just been using so much energy on defense so he's not shooting well because he's tiring himself out. Also he's still being bothered by his injury. If he was healthy, he'd probably be getting about 10 or so points because all his shots are open shots.

As for the AAA debate, AAA is good when he's healthy but I believe his hamstring was bothering him in game 3 as well, I think it tightened during his extended break and when he came back in he struggled. Then in game 4 it became visible that it was still bothering him. He did do a pretty good job of getting to the basket last night despite being hampered. Until he gets healthy I think we have to use JR Smith more, especially if he's playing smart and making his shots.

Something else I noticed, JR does seem to play more like a PG when his shots aren't falling. He's underrated when it comes to passing, although the Al Harrington pass last night was bad but it wasn't really on him, just miscommunication between the two. I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup of JR, AAA, Gallo, Martin, Nene or you could replace Martin with Harrington if you want to thin the post out for Nene or if JR drives he has plenty of options for the kick out.

johnlimburg
04-27-2011, 06:10 AM
If we win this game we can put some fear in these guys. Make them a little nervous. We better win. I'm excited. Lets go Nuggets. Stay away from the two point guard sets IMO. I say the key to guarding the OKC back court is a two SG set with AAA and JR.

Any word on Trip A and Gallo's injuries

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 09:10 AM
If we win this game we can put some fear in these guys. Make them a little nervous. We better win. I'm excited. Lets go Nuggets. Stay away from the two point guard sets IMO. I say the key to guarding the OKC back court is a two SG set with AAA and JR.

Any word on Trip A and Gallo's injuries

They will both play in an elimination game. Doubt 100%, but they aren't missing this.

rst08tierney
04-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Wanted to stop in and wish you guys some love for the game.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Wanted to stop in and wish you guys some love for the game.

Meeting you in the WCF is the plan still, right? :P

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 04:47 PM
LETS GO NUGGETS!!!!!!!!

Gotta believe!!

CAN YOU FEEL IT?!

johnlimburg
04-27-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EquEeR9f6Qc

Funny Gallo

12and4
04-27-2011, 06:20 PM
We got it in the bag...

Frenchy180
04-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Lets go Nuggets!

I Can Feel It!

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Lol Westbrook...tough guy!

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Our bench sucks.

johnlimburg
04-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Im really want to see Koufas out there. Is Mosgov dressed tonight.

Tied game at the half. Harrington should stay seated on the bench.

beastlyskronk
04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Why does Andersen play so bad on the road? It's like he just over thinks everything instead of just going out and doing what he's known for doing and that's giving energy to the team. JR can't get any room to shoot, we're not settings screens hard enough or timing it very well. OKC is starting to anticipate us kicking it out and are jumping on it, we have to get over the fear of getting blocked and get into their bodies and draw the foul to tone down their aggression.

AAA, Lawson, Martin, and Felton have looked good so far. Gallo has been ok as well as Chandler, Nene has been good, just not in long enough due to foul trouble.

12and4
04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Im really want to see Koufas out there. Is Mosgov dressed tonight.

Tied game at the half. Harrington should stay seated on the bench.

Harry made a three or two... i like.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Why does Andersen play so bad on the road? It's like he just over thinks everything instead of just going out and doing what he's known for doing and that's giving energy to the team. JR can't get any room to shoot, we're not settings screens hard enough or timing it very well. OKC is starting to anticipate us kicking it out and are jumping on it, we have to get over the fear of getting blocked and get into their bodies and draw the foul to tone down their aggression.

AAA, Lawson, Martin, and Felton have looked good so far. Gallo has been ok as well as Chandler, Nene has been good, just not in long enough due to foul trouble.

I think Gallo has been our best player tonight.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Nene is throwing us into the offseason.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
FTs

OKC 28
DEN 8

hmmm mm.........

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Shall we chat?

http://www.broncoscountry.com/bc_chat/index.php

Axemaster
04-27-2011, 08:32 PM
FTs

OKC 28
DEN 8

hmmm mm.........

31-8 Free throw attempted with 10 seconds to go in the 3rd and still a 3 point lead on the road. Not bad eh?:goz:

beastlyskronk
04-27-2011, 08:33 PM
I think Gallo has been our best player tonight.

Idk his turnovers and the easy misses stick to my mind and I don't think he's been as good defensively as he was last game.

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Come on Nuggets!! We can put them on the ropes here!!!

JakeNbake
04-27-2011, 08:40 PM
J.R. is turning on Swish Mode.

Bronco51
04-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I swear Cutler must be in uniform for theNuggets with all these whack a$$ passes this quarter.

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Come on boys!!!

Bronco51
04-27-2011, 09:05 PM
The Nuggets are seriously trying to lose this game

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 09:09 PM
The duranchulla is in the zone!

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
This dude is no joke its over in 5 called it weeks ago

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 09:12 PM
How was that a foul on felton?

Bronco51
04-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Nene has officially been neutered by Ibaka tonight.

the0rangecrush
04-27-2011, 09:18 PM
That's Over and back

The Experience
04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
THese refs are braindead, that's over and back!!!

Bronco51
How does Chandler let him get the inbounds going towards the basket?

the0rangecrush
And the refs screw us yet again thanks NBA

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Durant just became my favorite player and NO it wasn't backcourt his foot was on the line when he caught it

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 09:20 PM
I hate Nene.

HATE. HATE. HATE.

Get rid of him. He is a bum. Most un-clutch player in the history of sports.

MightyHorse
04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh well at least we don't live in OKC yuck

ERoyal248
Durant is ridiculous.

the0rangecrush
Durant just became my favorite player and NO it wasn't backcourt his foot was on the line when he caught it

Then he established possession and stepped on it again backcourt violation

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Denver fans cry about the refs WAY too much just look throughout the thread. It was a great call. And all the announcers agreed. U just got a call on that felton foul. Over in 5 like I said a month ago

ERoyal248
Good season guys..

:salute:

Broncoholic3233
NBA refs deserve the death penalty. They are the most worthless human beings on the planet.

the0rangecrush
Hey stern you an you superstar league is a bunch of crap and I hope you fall off a cliff, your crappy officials to cost us this series

The Experience
04-27-2011, 09:23 PM

This........

JakeNbake
Denver fans cry about the refs WAY too much just look throughout the thread. It was a great call. And all the announcers agreed. U just got a call on that felton foul. Over in 5 like I said a month ago

Goodjob... you called something. How many things have you guess wrong in your life?

Bronco51
CHOKE ARTISTS! Up by 9 with 3 mins to go. Get rid of all of them. No heart. Jump shooting, scared to go inside, wimps.

beastlyskronk
I hate Nene.

HATE. HATE. HATE.

Get rid of him. He is a bum. Most un-clutch player in the history of sports.

All he had to do was jump into Ibaka and draw the foul, at least he gets the chance to make free throws. Overall we lost simply because we were scared to attack throughout the series.

Atwnbroncfan

Explain 42 to 21 free throw advantage. That's bull I'll give a team a 10 free throw advantage, but not 21 on two teams that evenly attack the rim.

Broncoholic3233

Get the hell out of our thread. You don't know anything about the NBA. You've proved it countless times.

At least we didn't get swept like your bum Knicks.

42 Thunder 21 Nuggets

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 09:24 PM

Lol no he didn't his foot was on the line he took 1 step and that was on the line too just stop. It was the right call u lost fair and square

the0rangecrush

Late games refs were jokes, the Perkins tip in with the ball in the cylinder and now the over and back, 2 awful call costs us two games

Broncoholic JS
Thank you for an awesome season Nuggets!

Botan

Congrats, you knew the refs would be Kevin Durant's personal bodyguards. Go figure.

I've never seen such terrible reffing in a series in my life.

Oh and having Carmelo Anthony sure did a whole hell of a lot good for the Knicks. You'd think that his 'allstar' ways would get you guys out of the first round. Enjoy being a one and done team for the next 6 or 7 years.

Carmelo is just like Allen Iverson, a lazy punk who is all about himself. He couldn't careless about his fans, teammates or coaches. Watching these new nuggets has been refreshing, it's a shame that the refs were so intent on giving this series to OKC.

Blondie79
04-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Refs decided who was gonna win this series in game 1..

Broncoholic3233
All he had to do was jump into Ibaka and draw the foul, at least he gets the chance to make free throws. Overall we lost simply because we were scared to attack throughout the series.

He is a wuss. He missed an easy dunk. Completely killed our momentum.

Worthless, most un-clutch player in history.

PLEASE GET A REAL CENTER. Let him go....

the0rangecrush
Lol no he didn't his foot was on the line he took 1 step and that was on the line too just stop. It was the right call u lost fair and square
Once again backcourt violation, but it's ok Durant is a superstar so no call

The Experience

3 games the refs have screwed us late in this series, he caught that ball before he stepped back.

Then Harden's foul on JR in game 3.

The offensive interference call in game 1.

They blow horribly and all should be fired....

12and4
04-27-2011, 09:26 PM
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************************

thats whats goin through my mind.

We beat the thunder tonight. We lost to the refs

MightyHorse
04-27-2011, 09:26 PM
If Jordan Oordt were playin power center forward guard we would have won easily

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 09:27 PM

I love how the refs handed OKC 2 games late.

We are one key player away from winning a title. OKC will just be the Durants and will never win anything because of his selfishness.

themadfanatic
Get the hell out of our thread. You don't know anything about the NBA. You've proved it countless times.

At least we didn't get swept like your bum Knicks.

42 Thunder 21 Nuggets

Its a nuggets thread not YOUR thread OR a knicks thread. And I'm sure I know more about the nba and basketball then u. And I don't care what u THINK. Ur opinion of my basketball knowlege means nothing to me. What I DO KNOW is I said okc would beat u in 5 apparently I know that much lol

CoryWinget81
I sure would love to spit some beech-nut in some peoples eyes tonight.

Fist-pump and scream all you want Durant, the NBA gave that game to you.

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 09:30 PM
The only person I will congratulate is Scott Brooks, the rest of OKC can just go away for all I care.

the0rangecrush
04-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Its a nuggets thread not YOUR thread OR a knicks thread. And I'm sure I know more about the nba and basketball then u. And I don't care what u THINK. Ur opinion of my basketball knowlege means nothing to me. What I DO KNOW is I said okc would beat u in 5 apparently I know that much lol

A broken clock is right twice a day...

johnlimburg
What a joke. No one wants to stand up down the stretch. Same as game 4 except OKC knock down there shots. Nene could have thrown that down if he wanted to. Everyone scared to shoot the basketball. Chandler with a terrible defensive play and got embarressed. From looking like we should finish easily we lose. We play well with the lineup out there and GK takes out Smith and then throws him out there at the end. He goes with a tiny set with Felton Lawson and Trip A and again it fails.

It sucks how it finished but hopefully this offseason we trade Felton, Chandler and the big girl NENE. Them packaged together in exchanged for a big time player I think would be good. Dwight Howard on just a loan. So over Nene being a girl and cant hit a shot down the stretch.

Broncoholic JS

Thats all you know. lol

goodbye

johnlimburg
04-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Madfanatic have you given me my CP for the Knicks not going to the east finals

The Experience
04-27-2011, 09:33 PM

You also said that the Knicks had a legitimate shot at beating the C's so that offsets your OKC Den prediction..

It's pretty obvious BH knows more about the NBA then you, sorry but I would know.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 09:34 PM
This thread turned angry quick. Lol

Thanks for the enjoyable run at the end Nuggs. I enjoyed watching basketball the right way. With a few offseason moves I see us in the thick of things next year. :salute:

the0rangecrush
04-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Lol Charles Barkley freakin out, at the over and back call, he said it's bull and is losin it

beastlyskronk
04-27-2011, 09:35 PM
He is a wuss. He missed an easy dunk. Completely killed our momentum.

Worthless, most un-clutch player in history.

PLEASE GET A REAL CENTER. Let him go....

I wouldn't let him go, honestly I'd probably trade Harrington for Hasheem Thabeet. I know Thabeet hasn't done anything yet, but if we can develop him, we have a huge, long C and we can let Nene either come off the bench and play the 5 and 4 or we can have him start at the 4.

Edit: Well maybe not Harrington, we can probably get Thabeet for less

Broncoholic3233
Lol Charles Barkley freakin out, at the over and back call, he said it's bull and is losin it

That is because it was an awful call. He stepped over twice.

themadfanatic
No okc earned it. The ONLY blown call was the perkins tip in and u still had a chance to win a u STILL LOST. Durant CLEARLY never had possesion in the front court so that's just denver fans REACHING. No anaylist is complaining about that call. They even reviewed it. Just bias denver fans. Give KD his props he TOOK that game u were up 7 with 2 minutes to go and u couldn't stop him

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM

Its the NBA. When the ref by the hoop makes the call that the player was in the backcourt to over rule the ref looking straight down the line you know you have a problem.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't let him go, honestly I'd probably trade Harrington for Hasheem Thabeet. I know Thabeet hasn't done anything yet, but if we can develop him, we have a huge, long C and we can let Nene either come off the bench and play the 5 and 4 or we can have him start at the 4.

I'm so done with him, it's come to the point I'd let him walk.

He shows up in the 1st quarter, then disappears. Crys to the refs for fouls. Is a huge wuss.

He just isn't worth the contract we will have to give him.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 09:37 PM
No okc earned it. The ONLY blown call was the perkins tip in and u still had a chance to win a u STILL LOST. Durant CLEARLY never had possesion in the front court so that's just denver fans REACHING. No anaylist is complaining about that call. They even reviewed it. Just bias denver fans. Give KD his props he TOOK that game u were up 7 with 2 minutes to go and u couldn't stop him

No they didn't video review it, that isnt in the rule book. I have no problem with them calling that (Even though its bull). My problem is the ref looking down the line made that call, but the ref by the hoop over ruled him, that is whack.

Botan
04-27-2011, 09:37 PM

Knicks got swept, we didn't

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Have fun watching the knicks suck for the next decade with that 'allstar' they call carmelo anthony.

Nuggets got SCREWED this whole series by the refs. You can't scratch Durant without refs blowing their whistle. Nuggets can get flat out mugged and not get a call.

BTW NENE sucks.

beastlyskronk
04-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I think our biggest problem in general is our lack of length down low. We don't have any length except for Andersen and he's terrible with his on ball defense as well as his offense.

the0rangecrush

First instead of being up 1 with the ball, we were down 1 with it. That's not blowing it...

Second it was backcourt he established possesion, then dribbled up and stepped back on the line backcourt

Also the entire NBA on TNT crew just complained so 0-3

Broncoholic JS
Just remember we won a playoff game without Melo, he couldn't win one without us!!

The Experience

You are right about that. But he stepped over, TWICE!

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Oh I thought they reviewed it since they showed us the replay then overturned it

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Karl, you just got a nice new fat contract. I hope you go rip into the officials in the post game press confrence.

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Oh I thought they reviewed it since they showed us the replay then overturned it

Oh you thought so huh? lol

Get the facts straight or stop talking about it.

The Experience
04-27-2011, 09:43 PM

No they didn't even bother reviewing it which pisses me off more than anything....

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Thank you Nuggets for a great season. I thought we'd be better after the trade, but I definitely didn't see us being that good.

This offseason is going to be exciting/nerve wracking. Wonder what we are going to do.

As far as I'm concerned right now, adios Nene.

Thanks again Nuggets. Can't wait until next year.

GO NUGGETS!!!!

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Karl, you just got a nice new fat contract. I hope you go rip into the officials in the post game press confrence.

Yes please!!!!

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 09:46 PM
This will make us better, bank on it.

Can't wait for next season already!!

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
This is not a knicks thread lol. And we had 1.5 stars instead of 3. I don't think it was backcourt but obviously nugget fans do. The announcers calling the game didn't either but I guess the tnt crew did ill agree to disagree regardless it was a good game KD was unbelievable, nuggets won one knicks didn't johnlimburg I don't think I can give cps on probation. U guys have a good offseason, have fun fishing with melo and enjoy ur draft day :) ps don't be so angry its unhealthy

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
So...who goes? Who stays? Who gets traded?

Looking forward to the season next year!!

the0rangecrush
04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Trade Felton, Chandler, and Nene to whoever has the number 2 draft pick, and take Derrick Williams, then With our first round pick take Keith Benson center from Oakland.

1. Lawson
2. Afflalo
3. Gallo
4. Williams
5. Benson

The Experience
04-27-2011, 09:51 PM

At this point, I say let Nene walk and let Koufos and Moz duke it out at starting center. Get rid of Bird, resign AAA, JR and WC.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Trade Felton, Chandler, and Nene to whoever has the number 2 draft pick, and take Derrick Williams, then With our first round pick take Keith Benson center from Oakland.

1. Lawson
2. Afflalo
3. Gallo
4. Williams
5. Benson

Chandler is FA. I wouldn't trade that much for an unproven commodity.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 09:52 PM

I'll give my top 3:

Stays
1. AAA
2. Gallo
3. Nene

Goes
1. JR
2. K-Mart
3. Chandler

THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT. Just what I think will happen. But hopefully I'm dead wrong.

I really want everyone back, aside from Nene. Nene is not worth the contract we'd give him.

Freyaka
04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
This thread turned angry quick. Lol

Thanks for the enjoyable run at the end Nuggs. I enjoyed watching basketball the right way. With a few offseason moves I see us in the thick of things next year. :salute:

Yea no joke...we need to at least make an effort to be civil with our fellow posters no matter how little we think of them collectively.

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 09:56 PM
It sucks that a month ago we were "contenders" in the West...now we are just going home..:(

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Teary eyed Afflalo giving post game interview.

You don't often see that in the pros.

He loves the game. Taking it hard, as he should. (not meaning it his fault)

:salute: to him

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
I hope so, I'm a huge fan

12and4
04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Open letter to the nba refs.

Why won't you let us play?

Sincerely,
Disappointed.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
I hope so, I'm a huge fan

How would he figure in with Melo and Shawne Williams, or would Melo shift to the 4?

A lineup of Douglas, Chandler, Williams, Melo, and Amare at times would be nice.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
How would he figure in with Melo and Shawne Williams, or would Melo shift to the 4?

A lineup of Douglas, Chandler, Williams, Melo, and Amare at times would be nice.

We aren't going to let him leave here. He'd have to be traded. He's restricted FA. I can't see us letting him walk, even with his post season and late season woes.

themadfanatic
04-27-2011, 10:18 PM

Yeah that would work I don't love williams though if we had to get rid of him to get WC back I'd be fine with that also I like carter alot

The Experience
04-27-2011, 10:35 PM
We aren't going to let him leave here. He'd have to be traded. He's restricted FA. I can't see us letting him walk, even with his post season and late season woes.

I agree I think he is a big part of our future.

I think you'd see a contract extension before you would see a trade or an offer sheet signed.

Broncoholic JS
04-27-2011, 10:39 PM
We are a big man and a finisher away from hoisting banners at Pepsi!!

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
We are a big man and a finisher away from hoisting banners at Pepsi!!

We've got a finisher in either AAA or Gallo. One of them will step up, of that I am sure. Hell, maybe even Ty.

But yes, we need a big man, desperately.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm excited to see The MOZ play more next year, and I'm definitely looking forward to see what kind of trades this front office will make to make us an even better team next year.

:goz:

johnlimburg
04-27-2011, 10:53 PM
We've got a finisher in either AAA or Gallo. One of them will step up, of that I am sure. Hell, maybe even Ty.

But yes, we need a big man, desperately.

I know you love AAA but I dont think he is a closer. Today was evident enough that we need one. As was game 4.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 10:57 PM
I know you love AAA but I dont think he is a closer. Today was evident enough that we need one. As was game 4.

AAA off balance shot rimmed out.

He's a closer. He proved it in the Dallas game.

Not saying he is a Durant or anything at closing. But he'll play smart, and hit the shots most of the time.

AAA or Gallo. Bank on it. One of those will be the closer next year.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm excited to see The MOZ play more next year, and I'm definitely looking forward to see what kind of trades this front office will make to make us an even better team next year.

:goz:

Me too.

I'm excited. But scared. Hope we don't really screw up and do something stupid.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM

Also, I think it is going to be a real hard off season for ya. I don't think JR will be back.

All Nuggets fans (well most), are gonna be real sad about that.

I just can't see him and GK working it out. :(

I hope I am wrong. I want him back. He's dumb, but he's awesome too lol

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 11:06 PM
My wishlist:

Lock up: (no particular order)
1. AAA
2. Lawson
3. Gallo
4. Chandler
5. K-Mart (hopefully he'll take a fair price)
6. JR
7. Felton

Trade:
1. Harrington (Bait someone into trading for him)

Bye-bye:
1. Nene

Draft:
1. A big
2. A big

FA:
1. Marc Gasol :P

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2011, 11:17 PM
My wishlist:

1. AAA
2. Lawson
3. Gallo
4. Chandler
6. JR
7. Felton

Trade:

Bye-bye:
1. Nene

Draft:
1. A big
2. A big

FA:

So same team except replace nene with Marc Gasol? Interesting, I'm not sure the grizzlies let Gasol walk though.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 11:29 PM
So same team except replace nene with Marc Gasol? Interesting, I'm not sure the grizzlies let Gasol walk though.

I'd like to know what you want, please post if you got the time.

I love our team. LOVE our team.

We had some struggles, but I still love this team.

And I really doubt Marc Gasol goes anywhere. He's a big WISH

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Players with time left:

Al Harrington: 4 years remaining
Birdman: 3 years remaining
Timofey Mozgov: 2 years remaining
Ty Lawson: 1 year remaining, 2012-13 team option, 2013-14 RFA
Kosta Koufas: 1 year remaining, 2012-13 RFA
Danilo Gallinari: 1 year remaining, 2012-13 RFA
Raymond Felton: 1 year remaining
Nene: 2011-12 player option

FA:

Kenyon Martin: FA
JR Smith: FA
Gary Forbes: FA
Melvin Ely: FA

RFA:

Wilson Chandler: RFA
Arron Afflalo: RFA

johnlimburg
04-27-2011, 11:49 PM
I dont care that AAA missed that last shot. It was very tough and that is not what I'm referring to. He just looks scared to take a shot. As does every other player on the floor. No one has that killer instinct.

Also he has hit on egame winner and refering to that as him being a closer IMO isnt a good supporting statemnet.

But all that aside. Their is a very small possibility Marc Gasol goes anywhere. Especially after the way they have played.

I want to resign JR but doubtful we do. George Karl refuses to use him. I think a lot of Nuggets fans love him and will be pissed when he goes. However I think Kenyon will want to leave and will be alright with that. He wasn't even mean like I had hoped he would be in this series.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 11:59 PM
I dont care that AAA missed that last shot. It was very tough and that is not what I'm referring to. He just looks scared to take a shot. As does every other player on the floor. No one has that killer instinct.

Also he has hit on egame winner and refering to that as him being a closer IMO isnt a good supporting statemnet.

But all that aside. Their is a very small possibility Marc Gasol goes anywhere. Especially after the way they have played.

I want to resign JR but doubtful we do. George Karl refuses to use him. I think a lot of Nuggets fans love him and will be pissed when he goes. However I think Kenyon will want to leave and will be alright with that. He wasn't even mean like I had hoped he would be in this series.

The reason for not having that instinct on this team is because we didn't have a whole season to figure it out. We had the end of the regular season and playoffs against a great team.

Like I said, I look for AAA or Gallo to be that person next year.

I think Kenyon wants to stay, and I want him to stay. He is a leader, a defender and a guy that won't take crap. I was a little surprised he didn't make some really hard fouls though.

milehighireland
04-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Expected as much last night and in the series. With a series of departures coming up, next season is gonna be ugly

draco193
04-28-2011, 08:30 AM
My wishlist:

1. AAA
2. Lawson
3. Gallo
4. Chandler
6. JR
7. Felton

Trade:

Bye-bye:
1. Nene

Draft:
1. A big
2. A big

FA:

I would rather let KMart walk than let Nene go. The guy is an excellent player, only will be 29 this next season. He improved his true shooting and effective field goal percentages. He also improved his rebounding percentage.

He had a bad run in the playoffs, but, I think it was more of a bump in the road. Pretty much in agreement with everything else though.

We need another effective big to pair with Nene, Al Harrington was not that at all this year. Hopefully Mozgov and Koufos can grow as well.

Broncoholic3233
04-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Expected as much last night and in the series. With a series of departures coming up, next season is gonna be ugly

lol

you keep thinking that. we'll win 50+ next year, unless we have an unexpected, horrible off-season.

Broncoholic3233
04-28-2011, 10:10 AM
I would rather let KMart walk than let Nene go. The guy is an excellent player, only will be 29 this next season. He improved his true shooting and effective field goal percentages. He also improved his rebounding percentage.

He had a bad run in the playoffs, but, I think it was more of a bump in the road. Pretty much in agreement with everything else though.

We need another effective big to pair with Nene, Al Harrington was not that at all this year. Hopefully Mozgov and Koufos can grow as well.

Nene had improved this year. I'm not denying that. But, he still isn't a good enough player to justify the big contract he is going to want.

His true FG percentage is good, leads the league, but he misses sooooo many layups and dunks. Pathetic.

He was decent at rebounding for a Center, but nothing special.

He barks at the refs constantly, even when he isn't fouled.

He is the most un-clutch player in history. He can't hit FTs, or anything.

If the contract is fair, and not huge like I think it will be sure, why not, wouldn't hurt.

K-Mart is the leader of this team, and honestly, Denver loves him now, which is weird. I think, if he will take a fair price, we'll re-sign him, even if he doesn't play big minutes.

arapaho
04-28-2011, 10:20 AM

nene is to soft...he's a one handed center ....in the world of bigs...you gotta go strong, two hands on the ball and power it in....i would love to see how many one handed layups or dunks nene had blocked all season...gotta be huge....he very limited in shots...hes got the up and under layup (one handed of course)...the short jumper...or the one handed dunk...and thats about it

Axemaster
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM
nene is to soft...he's a one handed center ....in the world of bigs...you gotta go strong, two hands on the ball and power it in....i would love to see how many one handed layups or dunks nene had blocked all season...gotta be huge....he very limited in shots...hes got the up and under layup (one handed of course)...the short jumper...or the one handed dunk...and thats about it

Well, he can be soft at times, but he had a great season, and if he stays healthy next year, I have heard coaches like OKC's Brooks and others sauy he is a Fringe All-Star calliber player, and I cringe to think of where they would have been without him.

Overall it was an AWESOME season, regardless of how the playoffs went. I, and a lot of others didn't expect much of them after the trade went down, but they had one of the best records in the NBA!!!!

I think their problem is much like the Broncos problem, they can score, but the DEFENSE is bad. If they could draft or through Free Agency pick up a defensive stopper, they just might be able to break through in the playoffs.

arapaho
04-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Well, he can be soft at times, but he had a great season, and if he stays healthy next year, I have heard coaches like OKC's Brooks and others sauy he is a Fringe All-Star calliber player, and I cringe to think of where they would have been without him.

Overall it was an AWESOME season, regardless of how the playoffs went. I, and a lot of others didn't expect much of them after the trade went down, but they had one of the best records in the NBA!!!!

I think their problem is much like the Broncos problem, they can score, but the DEFENSE is bad. If they could draft or through Free Agency pick up a defensive stopper, they just might be able to break through in the playoffs.

i dont think thier problem was defense...OK just shoots lights out...the problem was nene and his softness....and no one on offense stepped up consistantly and was a offensive threat....i dont miss carmelo...i think we will be a better team without him, however we need that one guy who can command an offense...score outside, inside

what made our offense clik was melo...if you gave him the mid range j...he would kill you...you gave him a step and he would kill you...we dont have that guy now...i thought chandler could fill in that role but he just crumbled ...melo one the drive and kicking it out fed jr and got the threes going...we got no one who can loosen up the defnese so our shooters can get going

Axemaster
04-29-2011, 08:53 PM
i dont think thier problem was defense...OK just shoots lights out...the problem was nene and his softness....and no one on offense stepped up consistantly and was a offensive threat....i dont miss carmelo...i think we will be a better team without him, however we need that one guy who can command an offense...score outside, inside

what made our offense clik was melo...if you gave him the mid range j...he would kill you...you gave him a step and he would kill you...we dont have that guy now...i thought chandler could fill in that role but he just crumbled ...melo one the drive and kicking it out fed jr and got the threes going...we got no one who can loosen up the defnese so our shooters can get going

Well I am probably just splitting hairs here, but the true NBA Champions all have had one thing in common over the last 10 years, they all played a great team defense. Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Miami, Detroit, they all could do it.

I agree we are definatly better then we were before the Mello trade, and the Knicks just may find out that sad fact too, but it is crazy that players like JR and Lawson and Affalo can all hit the shots consistantly when they need to for 46 minutes a game, then comes the last 2 and nothing.

Probably the one thing that will stick in my craw all offseason more then anything else was the FF shooting. Cost them two games for sure in this series, and if they hit even 70% in those 2, we are having a game six tonight for the series win!!!!!!:sad:

Atwnbroncfan
04-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Nuggets want to build on core, keep Afflalo
GM Masai Ujiri says team hopes to keep core together, with emphasis on keeping Arron Afflalo

By Benjamin Hochman

One by one, the Nuggets left the Pepsi Center on Thursday carrying black trash bags stuffed with a season full of memories — shoes, jerseys and warm-ups, all of which they had hoped to wear tonight in Game 6.

There won't be a Game 6 against Oklahoma City, so the Nuggets spent Thursday looking forward, with many hoping they are a big part of Denver's future.

"In my eyes, I'm here," said shooting guard Arron Afflalo, who is a restricted free agent and hopes to sign a long-term contract with the Nuggets this summer. "That's the plan. At this point, that's how I'm moving forward."
Others, including unrestricted free agent J.R. Smith, said they would be open to re-signing with Denver but would explore other options.

The Nuggets went 18-7 down the stretch after the megatrade of Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks. Nuggets executive Masai Ujiri would like to build off that momentum.

"We're going to try to keep the core together and build from here," he said. "That's the goal."

Asked specifically about Afflalo, an off guard who averaged 12.6 points per game in a breakout season, Ujiri said there's "no question" he will be a Nugget for years to come.
Ujiri also said he's had positive talks with forward Wilson Chandler about staying in Denver. Chandler, a restricted free agent, struggled in his first-ever postseason. He was comfortable in the Knicks' system and is willing to look at other options, but the Nuggets like his game and his potential to improve at age 23.

When asked if unrestricted free agents Smith and Kenyon Martin could both re-sign, Ujiri said: "I don't see why not. It's early in the process."

Martin just completed his 11th NBA season — and played out his $90 million contract — meaning he can sign with any team. Asked about his priorities, the Nuggets' captain said, "At this point in my career, I think winning and being part of a winning team is more important than starting."

Asked if the Nuggets could fit into that equation, Martin said: "Winning? Yeah. But we'll see (about signing)."

Martin said there wasn't an offer "on the table right now. . . . The season just ended, it's still fresh. We'll play it as it lies."

During the playoffs, Smith said there was a "strong possibility" he would sign with a new team this summer. Thursday, before heading to Houston to work with basketball coach/mentor John Lucas, Smith said he would consider signing with Denver.

Asked about his relationship with coach George Karl, the volatile shooting guard said: "Up and down. Pretty much roller-coaster style. When it's going good, it's going great. When it's going bad, it's going terrible."

Starting center Nene wouldn't talk publicly about his plans, but it's understood he and the Nuggets would like to work out a three-year contract, one that would be worth around $10 million annually. Nene has one year left on what was a six-year, $60 million contract that is worth around $12 million. He has an early termination option that he can use to become an unrestricted free agent.

For now, the 2010-11 season is in trash bags in the trunks of luxury cars. What-ifs will hover inside the empty Pepsi Center about the 4-1 opening-round playoff loss to Oklahoma City, including two brutal last-minute losses on the road.

Ujiri admitted he was disappointed that the season ended on a losing note, but believes the Nuggets are young, talented and only going to get better as they practice and play together.

"Am I excited about our future? Yes, I am," Ujiri said. "It's about building a winning culture. And I can happily say that we're a little bit on our way to getting there."

Its good that AAA is pretty much a sure thing to get locked up. It would be nice to get Chandler back too. I dont care what your opinion on Nene is but a 3 year deal at 10 mill per year would be a great deal for us and we should jump on it. Also, it sounds like JR and KMart are gone. Oh well I thought they would be.

Broncoholic3233
04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
AAA is this team now. He's that main building block as he should be. He definitely has all-star potential. He is a leader, a great defender, and a great shot, who can also drive.

Meh, the deal for Nene is Ok....still kinda overpriced for a softy like him, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Lawson better be extended even though he has more years.

I don't think Chandler ever liked it here, and I think he might be gone.

We'll see.....

Axemaster
04-30-2011, 12:24 PM
JR better sign with Denver. Not too many other coaches in the NBA would put up with his Schennanigans and Tomfoolery!:peace:

Axemaster
04-30-2011, 12:30 PM
As far as JRs quote about his relationship with Karl, hell, he has gotton along better with him then ANY coach he has played with, and any controversy with them is ALL due to him NEVER GROWIN UP!!!:goz:

Broncoholic3233
05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
On the table in front of Nene are two choices: Take the last year of his contract, which would keep him with the Nuggets, or opt out of his contract, which could make him a former member of the Nuggets.

While no final decision has been made, Nene said Monday he is strongly considering opting out of the final season of his six-year, $60 million contract, which would pay him $12 million, and testing the free-agent market.

After nine seasons in the NBA, Nene has full control of his future and it could take hard work for the Nuggets to make him happy enough to return.

"I've been here for nine years," said Nene, 28. "If that doesn't work how you want it, you need to sit down and evaluate everything and see what you can do."

The overarching issues in this situation are his level of happiness with the Nuggets and, ultimately, his value on the open market.

Players similar to him — Utah's Al Jefferson, Chicago's Carlos Boozer and Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge — will make $11 million to $14 million next season. The NBA's new collective bargaining agreement will have the final say about what the market can offer Nene, but he stands to command big dollars.

Nuggets executives Masai Ujiri and Josh Kroenke have said they want Nene back, but will have to ask themselves how high they want to go.

But it's not all about the next contract for Nene. There is a large component of appreciation that Nene says is missing, and that's proving to be equally as important as the dollars.

"If I play happy, if I enjoy the game, my game improves," Nene said. "I did my best for the team, for the city. I tried to do my best for the fans. But the (Nuggets) need to understand you need to see the return on the other side, or you need to look for it. You need to look for it sometimes.

"They don't realize all of the sacrifices I made. When you don't feel appreciated, it's hard."

During his career in Denver, Nene has had to battle back from major injuries and ailments: a torn ACL in his right knee in the 2005-06 season opener, a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb in November 2007 and a bout with testicular cancer in January 2008.

Nene made it through and has been a durable player the past three seasons, playing no fewer than 75 games.

This season, Nene set a career high in field-goal percentage (.615). The 6-foot-11 center from Brazil was near career highs in points (averaging 14.5), free-throw percentage (.711) and rebounds (averaging 7.6).

"I'm very professional. I do my best and I want the team to do their best too — look good, have the best players they can have, be smart," Nene said.

And he intends to continue operating in that fashion whether it's with the Nuggets or another team.

"Nine years you give your best to represent the Denver Nuggets name," Nene said. "There's not many players that take that seriously, that name. I did because I want to be here. I want to retire here. But God says you know your present, but your future is in his hands."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17978868

On my phone so hopefully this looks ok.

Broncoholic3233
05-03-2011, 10:52 AM
He's a wuss this article proves it. "they don't realize the sacrifices I've made"

C'mon...they'll appreciate you once you produce like a 5 should. Make your dunks/layups.

I'm not denying losing him will hurt. It will especially if we can't find another big. But man of he's looking for 14-15 mil a year. No thanks unless he's a 4.

jake15guy
05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm not denying losing him will hurt. It will especially if we can't find another big. But man of he's looking for 14-15 mil a year. No thanks unless he's a 4.

Well hopefully we get a true center this off season. If we did and managed to keep nene i wouldnt mind paying him around 12 a year. If Martin leaves then nene moves back to 4 anyways right? Well if we got another center

BluenOrnge4Life
05-03-2011, 12:28 PM
What is he crying about? He's making a lot of money, hasn't won anything in Denver, but feels under appreciated?

Win something and you'll get the appreciation you feel that you deserve. I'm tired of seeing his soft play in crucial moments of the game.

Broncoholic3233
05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I was listening to the fan and somebody text this is, "Nene opened a ice cream shop on the 16th street mall.....It's called.....Softies." :laugh:

And actually it seems like a lot of people would rather see him walk, kind of surprised.

The Experience
05-03-2011, 03:14 PM
I think Koufos has the potential and talent to be our center of the future.

Broncoholic3233
05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I think Koufos has the potential and talent to be our center of the future.

Definitely hope so, but seems like wishful thinking more than anything.

I think Mozgov/Koufos both are going to be great backups, but, I hope they both can become starters. Only time will tell. Mozgov I think has more of a mean to him. Kosta looks maybe a little more developed, but pretty skinny.

Atwnbroncfan
05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Lol at Nene. The sacrafices he has made? How about the Nuggets? They paid him 12 mill to sit out 2 years. Nene Denver has been good to you, any other franchise would have dumped you long ago.

The Experience
05-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Definitely hope so, but seems like wishful thinking more than anything.

I think Mozgov/Koufos both are going to be great backups, but, I hope they both can become starters. Only time will tell. Mozgov I think has more of a mean to him. Kosta looks maybe a little more developed, but pretty skinny.

I just like what I saw outta Kosta the last few games of the season, he was a beast...

Broncoholic3233
05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
I just like what I saw outta Kosta the last few games of the season, he was a beast...

Yup. I just am not sure if he'd be better than Nene. I think Kosta will be a real nice 15-20 minute guy. Throw 8-10 rebounds your way, 4-8 points. But man....I hope he turns into a real #5, same with Mozgov.

Broncoholic JS
05-08-2011, 11:45 PM
I can't help but think of the 2008-2009 Nuggets team today. If we could have beaten the Lakers we could be the 2-time defending champions going down today to Dallas. If we got through LA in 2009, I truly think we would have hoisted the banner.

Wishful thinking I know.

I miss the Nuggets already!

GO NUGGETS!!

ps - Kinda bittersweet seeing LA go down like that!!

BluenOrnge4Life
05-09-2011, 08:32 PM
With all this talk about the Lakers being blown up - maybe I'm crazy - but I can't help but think the Nuggets should try and make a play for one of the Lakers bigs: Gasol/Odom/Bynum.

We have Chips now, we should use them to try and make this team bigger, and better.

I heard on the fan that there might have been a Kobe/Gasol fallout because of their ladies gossiping and that Gasol and Kobe haven't talked in weeks. I know it's just a rumor, but there might be some substance to it considering the way Gasol has played in this series.

Gasol anyone? We know that Felton isn't going to be here long term & that he wants to be a starter in this league. The Lakers could probably use a PG like Felton... maybe we could package him in a deal for Gasol or Odom? Thoughts?

Broncoholic3233
05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
I mean, he's better than Nene, but he is just as soft, but better.

I don't want Gasol pass.

Bynum should his immaturity and with the injuries he's suffered in the past, and the amount we would have to give up, pass.

I just hope Grizz are stupid enough to not lock up Marc Gasol, and we can make a run for him. (Very, very wishful thinking.)

BluenOrnge4Life
05-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I mean, he's better than Nene, but he is just as soft, but better.

I don't want Gasol pass.

Bynum should his immaturity and with the injuries he's suffered in the past, and the amount we would have to give up, pass.

I just hope Grizz are stupid enough to not lock up Marc Gasol, and we can make a run for him. (Very, very wishful thinking.)

So you're under the belief that we'll just be better next year? Is there any other guys you would like to go after? What about Odom?

We just can't sit idle, wait, & hope for guys to become available for us. We have to be aggressive in finding players. This is a team that could possibly be losing K-Mart, Jr Smith, & Nene very soon. If we lose those 3 and don't make any more big moves, we are at best a .500 team next year.

Nene is soft in the playoffs but losing him would be a huge loss for us in the Regular season.

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM
So you're under the belief that we'll just be better next year? Is there any other guys you would like to go after? What about Odom?

We just can't sit idle, wait, & hope for guys to become available for us. We have to be aggressive in finding players. This is a team that could possibly be losing K-Mart, Jr Smith, & Nene very soon. If we lose those 3 and don't make any more big moves, we are at best a .500 team next year.

Nene is soft in the playoffs but losing him would be a huge loss for us in the Regular season.

Why go after Odom? He is no different than the pieces we already have on the roster. IF we make a play on any of the Lakers players it would be Bynum or Gasol, but neither is worth it for us.

beastlyskronk
05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Why go after Odom? He is no different than the pieces we already have on the roster. IF we make a play on any of the Lakers players it would be Bynum or Gasol, but neither is worth it for us.

Odom can stretch the court and he's a pretty good post player. He's more consistent from the 4 spot than anyone else we have. He can also play SF if we need him too. Nene is better suited at the 4 though so if we keep him here we desperately need a true 5, problem is, there aren't a lot of good 5s in the NBA, let alone ones that will be available. To get a good 5 you have to get a player with potential while he's young and coach him up. It is so rare to get a good 5 in FA or through a trade.

I mentioned it earlier but I'd love to make a move to get Thabeet from Houston. He's going to be extremely cheap since he hasn't produced at all so far. Just get him to bulk up some and teach him how to use his length to his advantage and we could be looking. Or another guy we could look at getting would be Robin Lopez in Phoenix. I'm not sure if they're trying to stay a running team or not but if they are, Al Harrington and Nene would be intriguing offers. I'm not saying trade both of them, just that both are good big men that can run the court very well.

Ultimately I think we'll end up getting rid of Kenyon Martin and Al Harrington have Andersen backup at 5 and Gallo/Chandler backup at 4, Gallo starts at 3, Chandler backs him up too. We'll move Nene to the 4 and we'll try to develop Mozgov throughout the regular season as a 5. This is probably the best option for us in the long run because it allows us to clear a big contract in Kenyon Martin and Al Harrington. Mozgov just needs to be coached up so he can stop fouling and not turn it over as much, although Nene turns the ball over a lot too so Mozgov should at least get a shot. Mozgov is a better rebounded than what we have right now, at least he was in Euroleague play

BluenOrnge4Life
05-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Why go after Odom? He is no different than the pieces we already have on the roster. IF we make a play on any of the Lakers players it would be Bynum or Gasol, but neither is worth it for us.Because we are not that big considering Nene + Kmart may be out the door.

I like the potential of MOZ, but I haven't seen enough of him to say that I'm confident in him playing good for all 82 games next year.

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Because we are not that big considering Nene + Kmart may be out the door.

I like the potential of MOZ, but I haven't seen enough of him to say that I'm confident in him playing good for all 82 games next year.

Then what are you giving up for Odom? Id say no thanks for a 32 year old player on the downside of his career. Only way I bring him here is if its Felton for Odom straight up. Otherwise Ill pass. Id rather see Chandler and Gallo develop here.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Then what are you giving up for Odom? Id say no thanks for a 32 year old player on the downside of his career. Only way I bring him here is if its Felton for Odom straight up. Otherwise Ill pass. Id rather see Chandler and Gallo develop here.

I didn't say give up the farm. IMO Lawson/Afflalo/Gallo/MOZ are off limits, but a combination of Felton and just about anyone else would be fine with me for Odom or Gasol.

Gasol has been a solid big for years, one bad postseason doesn't change that for me.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
George Karl interviewing on the fan right now...

TecmoElway
05-11-2011, 01:37 PM
George Karl interviewing on the fan right now...

Anything of interest?

Broncoholic3233
05-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Anything of interest?

He just talked about how excited he is, and the fans. He said more fans have come up to him these past 3-4 weeks expressing their excitement and hope for next season, more so than after the WCF appearance.

He said keeping the same team around wouldn't be a bad idea at all, but with all the FAs, they are going to have to sit down in the next week or two and discuss it. The pending CBA issue is hurting their off-season routine too.

He said JR and him are fine.

I'd give it a listen.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Interesting... I was just listening to the Jim Rome Show and Mark Heisler from the LAtimes said, "Maybe the Lakers should consider moving Lamar for Ray Felton, the Nuggets have two Point Guards, can use a big like Lamar, and the Lakers need a point guard."

johnlimburg
05-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Interesting... I was just listening to the Jim Rome Show and Mark Heisler from the LAtimes said, "Maybe the Lakers should consider moving Lamar for Ray Felton, the Nuggets have two Point Guards, can use a big like Lamar, and the Lakers need a point guard."

Good plan. Felton would be happy but would Lamar. Would he start. I would say probaly.

Atwnbroncfan
05-17-2011, 06:51 PM

I think our offseason runs through Nene first. If Nene leaves were in full rebuilding mode, so we would dump felton for picks. There is no reason to move him for a 32 year old player if you don't think you can contend.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
I think our offseason runs through Nene first. If Nene leaves were in full rebuilding mode, so we would dump felton for picks. There is no reason to move him for a 32 year old player if you don't think you can contend.

Yes there is. Felton has said it himself that he believes he's a starter in this league, and can start somewhere. Is Felton going to start over Lawson? No. Therefore, moving him is really the only alternative.

Atwnbroncfan
05-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Karl expects mozgov to play 20-30 minutes a game at center next year.

westcoast1
05-19-2011, 10:57 PM
karl sucks, he's a complete baffoon. we will never win until he's gone. any coach that would allow the lowest bball iq team of alltime to continue this charade for this long is not all there. dumbest team of all time. nene is always gonna be a big soccer player. do i really need to say anything bout kenyon martin? not smart. jr smith-not smart. has anyone ever been rejected more than aaron afflalo? overrated. so close but so far away. while they could play anybody close, they would lose to anybody in a series cause they have zero heart. any arguments just check their results in the playoffs. if u are a season ticket holder i feel sorry for you.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey guys Chauncey Billups is in studio on the Mike & Scott show today on 104.3 The Fan.

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2011, 12:11 PM
karl sucks, he's a complete baffoon. we will never win until he's gone. any coach that would allow the lowest bball iq team of alltime to continue this charade for this long is not all there. dumbest team of all time. nene is always gonna be a big soccer player. do i really need to say anything bout kenyon martin? not smart. jr smith-not smart. has anyone ever been rejected more than aaron afflalo? overrated. so close but so far away. while they could play anybody close, they would lose to anybody in a series cause they have zero heart. any arguments just check their results in the playoffs. if u are a season ticket holder i feel sorry for you.

Hahaha. Well obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks for the laugh though!

CodyRoark
05-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Glad to be back Experience! It's been a long time! Wish I could have dropped by here more during the season to hang with you guys but I was so caught up with rehabilitation and football!

What do you want to happen in the offseason?

I want:
JR to stay (though it seems he's leaning towards going to Hou/NJ/NY/Chi.
Kenyon i'm 50/50 on; I love him when he's healthy but his knees are a ticking time bomb and he's getting old as can be.
Nene to man up and take charge and be a leader! His inconsistency has made me want to rip out my hair on countless occasions! He can be the best player at times and he can be the worst! He needs to develop an identity!
GK today stated Mozzy would get around 20-30 mins at center next year, that way Nene could move to the PF spot if Kenyon leaves and that would be a big back court!

Re-Sign Afflalo: The dude is so committed to the team and is our best defender and one of our leaders!

From what I've heard the Nugs FO is going to cement the franchise around Ty,AA,Gallo and possibly Nene or JR(if he stays).

We desperately need a big that can bang with other bigs. Memphis gave OKC problems and Dallas's bigs gave LA problems! Finally we need a third PG!

GK's use of the NC Duo wasn't a successful formula to win. Felton shouldn't be concerned with starting but concerned with what would best help the team; whether it's starting or coming off the bench! A lot of people dawg on AC but I would not mind having him back for the Vet Minimum! He hustled in Game 4 vs Boston! I miss that AC!

The Experience
05-20-2011, 06:19 PM
I would like to have JR and Chandler back, both are pretty wishful thinking.

Nene only if he mans up a bit.

I want Kenyon back, he is a leader and one of our best defenders as well as bring attitude to the team.

Agreed on AAA.

I want to see more of Mozzy and Kosta next year for sure though...

johnlimburg
05-20-2011, 07:38 PM
I would like to have JR and Chandler back, both are pretty wishful thinking.

Nene only if he mans up a bit.

I want Kenyon back, he is a leader and one of our best defenders as well as bring attitude to the team.

Agreed on AAA.

I want to see more of Mozzy and Kosta next year for sure though...

I would have no problem at all with taking a risk and trading Nene to get a playmaking tough number 4 who can make a play in the last 2 minutes of games and risk having Mosgov, Anderson and Koufas play the 5.

I don't want to keep Chandler personally. I want Gallo as the fulltime number 3. I think we drafted the best 2 guard or number 3 who is on the board in the 1st round when we pick. JR IMO will not resign and I don't think Kenyon resigns either. I think we trade Felton and Nene if he doesn't opt out of the last year of his contract.

First thing I hope we do is try to package Nene and Felton to get a a quality play making number 4.

Draft the best 2 or 3 available.

Sign a veteran point guard to play limitied mintues.

Resign Kenyon Martin.

Atwnbroncfan
06-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Nuggets have been bringing players in for visits now, here are my top 5 choices for who we should take at 22:

1. Tobias Harris SF/PF Tennessee, -top 10 player out of high school a year ago, a hard worker, and continues to get better.
2. Jordan Williams PF/C Maryland, coming from a fast break team is a great rebounder. Has been working on his mid range game and has made a lot of progress since his Freshman year
3. Nikola Vucevic C USC, Biggest player in the draft is a big that stretches the floor. Great mid range shooter, and has improved his 3 point shot. Has the size but defense and rebounding are lacking. But with lawson could be a great pick and pop type of player.
4. Tyler Honeycutt SF UCLA, Great defender has tons of upside. Has been a bit of a disappointment at UCLA, but his potential can't be ignored. Could be a Tayshaun Prince kind of player.
5. Nolan Smith PG Duke, Smart player does all the little things right. If the front office decides Felton will be moved by the deadline Smith would be a solid pick up to become the back up PG.

JaJaun Johnson just missed my top 5 but is right there at 6. If the mystery prospect of Biyombo was there at 22 it might be worth pulling the trigger. A great rebounder and defender, think Ben Wallace. But some think he will be going to detroit at 8.

the0rangecrush
06-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Nuggets have been bringing players in for visits now, here are my top 5 choices for who we should take at 22:

1. Tobias Harris SF/PF Tennessee, -top 10 player out of high school a year ago, a hard worker, and continues to get better.
2. Jordan Williams PF/C Maryland, coming from a fast break team is a great rebounder. Has been working on his mid range game and has made a lot of progress since his Freshman year
3. Nikola Vucevic C USC, Biggest player in the draft is a big that stretches the floor. Great mid range shooter, and has improved his 3 point shot. Has the size but defense and rebounding are lacking. But with lawson could be a great pick and pop type of player.
4. Tyler Honeycutt SF UCLA, Great defender has tons of upside. Has been a bit of a disappointment at UCLA, but his potential can't be ignored. Could be a Tayshaun Prince kind of player.
5. Nolan Smith PG Duke, Smart player does all the little things right. If the front office decides Felton will be moved by the deadline Smith would be a solid pick up to become the back up PG.

JaJaun Johnson just missed my top 5 but is right there at 6. If the mystery prospect of Biyombo was there at 22 it might be worth pulling the trigger. A great rebounder and defender, think Ben Wallace. But some think he will be going to detroit at 8.

I'd love for Biyombo, however I disagree with Wallace he's practically an Ibaka clone, and if we don't go PF in the first I'd love to see JaJuan in the second we might have to maneuver for him, but he's worth it

Atwnbroncfan
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
I'd love for Biyombo, however I disagree with Wallace he's practically an Ibaka clone, and if we don't go PF in the first I'd love to see JaJuan in the second we might have to maneuver for him, but he's worth it

Ill take him being more of a Ibaka I think Ibaka has way more of an offensive game than Wallace does.

the0rangecrush
06-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Ill take him being more of a Ibaka I think Ibaka has way more of an offensive game than Wallace does.

Right now Biyambo has less offensive skills, but he's only 18 he has a lot of length and height and can be a presence like Ibaka defensively rather quick, however his offensive game will take a couple years to develop which is why he might drop to us, but he can go as high as Detroit IMO

Atwnbroncfan
06-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Right now Biyambo has less offensive skills, but he's only 18 he has a lot of length and height and can be a presence like Ibaka defensively rather quick, however his offensive game will take a couple years to develop which is why he might drop to us, but he can go as high as Detroit IMO

Ive read some reports that question his age believing that he is older than 18.

the0rangecrush
06-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Ive read some reports that question his age believing that he is older than 18.

Interesting I don't think it should be a huge deal, unless he's really like 23 lol.

johnlimburg
06-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Just been thinking about the Nuggets and the off season lately.

__________________________________________________ _________

Off-Contract:

Nene-The off season travels through him. He IMO will more than likely opt out and sign a 15 Million Dollar contract per year somewhere. From a lot of reports I have seen he is and will have a massive suitor base when he hits the open market. I personally don't want him here anymore. He has shown time and time again he is soft and just isn't clutch. He doesn't know how to box out. I would love for him to not opt out and we trade him. I think if he was to not opt out I want him traded.

Aaron Afflalo-Must resign. Not sure what type of contract he will probably get. I would say probably like JR Smiths contract. 6 Million per year over 5 years. I don't think he is worth over 8 Million per season.

Wilson Chandler-I think he will leave. I would love to keep him but he is starting quality and will want to be a starter at some point. I would love to see us sign and trade him but I am happy having Danillo Gallinari as the full time starter.

JR Smith-My favorite player on the team. I don't think he resigns here. He and GK obviously don't get a long and JR has all the potential in the world and should go somewhere to show that. I believe he will be a starter somewhere at get a 8 Million Dollar per year contract. I would love him to resign here but he wants to be a starter and with AAA and GK's love for him I don't see that happening. I just wish JR was more consistent.

Kenyon Martin-No doubt in my mind does he walk. He will go to a serious championship competitor. After his late season re birth he will get a decent contract from someone and as much as I would love to resign him due to his great defensive presence I will not be too disappointed if he has to leave.

Gary Forbes-He showed he can make an impact off the bench and showed some potential. It would be stupid IMO to not resign him. He can be a developmental depth guy and hopefully in the future a 6th man role like JR Smith currently has. Probably like 1.7 Million per year over 3 years.

Melvin Ely-He is a roster filler guy. Solid player though who I hope we resign. Played decent in some garbage time and a base minimum salary for 1 or 2 years would be good.

Trades:

Raymond Felton-He wants to be a starter somewhere and it isn't going to be here. Ty Lawson is the future of this team and he should be getting 35 Minutes per game and making this team his. Raymond Felton was rumored with L.A Lakers a while ago and I could see that happening for sure. The rumor was for Lamar Odom and I could live with that. Lamar would probably start and is a very good scorer and would be a good asset. Adds some aggressiveness and with Kenyon Martin more than likely gone I would love this. However his age worries me a bit.

However I would like to get another first round pick and I am sure a team would give one up for Felton. I would love a pick between 15-20 straight up for Felton but if we grouped our first rounder and Raymond Felton we could maybe get to around the 8th Overall pick mark.

Nene-I hope he doesn't opt out and we can ship him somewhere, anywhere for something. With the news from a lot of sources about teams really clamoring for him we could get a nice player/pick back for him. I think we can rebuild this team and still be competitive. I would love a a top 10 pick for him or a good power forward/centre.

Ideally the trade I would love as unrealistic as it may be is:

Raymond Felton and Nene to the Atlanta Hawks for Al Horford and Marvin Williams.

Free Agents:

This is a pretty weak free agency class and there is no real difference maker out there besides Marc Gasol IMO but I don't see him getting away. Nene will probably be the biggest FA available.

There are 3 options I would really love.

Jeff Green-He is a long limped dispruptive 3/4 defensively and has the ability to score. Can provide a lot of energy and I am sure he could help us with playing defense on Kevin Durant who we may be going up against for years. What would everyone think of a guy like him coming off the bench or possibly even starting at the 4. He started there for OKC for the first half of the season and played very well. I would love him here.

Leandro Babosa-Explosive scorer who can stroke it from deep and is a very efficient jump shooter. However unlike JR Smith he attacks the basket a lot more and scores very efficiently. I would love to have his explosiveness coming off of our bench. He could play the minutes when Ty Lawson and AAA are on the bench.

Sebastian Telfair-Solid backup point guard. Very explosive and fast. Attacks the basket and plays similar to Ty Lawson. Would be a good bench option.

I would like all of these options to happen. I believe we will trade Raymond Felton and JR Smith will walk. We will need a backup point guard who can push the pace like Lawson and a guy who can score to replace JR's bench production. Babosa and Telfair can be those guys. Jeff Green could start at the 4 or be a very nice bench player.

Overall:

Resign:

Aaron Afflalo: 5 Years 35 Million

Gary Forbes: 3 Years 5 Million

Melvin Ely: 3 Years 2 Million

Trade:

Raymond Felton and Nene for Al Horford and Marvin Williams.

Sign:

Sebastian Telfair: 3 Years 7 Million

Leanadro Babosa: 4 Years 28 Million

Draft:

#22 Overall:

Jajaun Johnson (WOW)

Lineup:

Ty Lawson---------------Sebastian Telfair
Aaron Afflalo-------------Leanadro Barbossa-----------Gary Forbes
Danillo Gallinari----------Marvin Williams
Al Horford-----------------Jajaun Johnson---------------Al Harrington
Timofey Mosgov---------Chris Anderson----------------Kosta Koufas

Atwnbroncfan
06-05-2011, 07:35 AM
That is a interesting offseason. Not sure about nene leaving but I'd be happy with a roster like that.

johnlimburg
06-05-2011, 07:40 AM
That is a interesting offseason. Not sure about nene leaving but I'd be happy with a roster like that.

I just think he has proven time and time again he is solid and is not worth his contract. And even so to resign he is going to probably want 15 Million per year and I defiantly don't think he is worth that.

Yeh as unrealistic as the roster is I was just so board and thought I would write about the Nuggets some.

Go to youtube and type in Jajuan Johnson. Watch all his individual game highlights and highlight videos. He is very exciting and will/should be available at #22 where we pick in the first round.

Atwnbroncfan
06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
I just think he has proven time and time again he is solid and is not worth his contract. And even so to resign he is going to probably want 15 Million per year and I defiantly don't think he is worth that.

Yeh as unrealistic as the roster is I was just so board and thought I would write about the Nuggets some.

Go to youtube and type in Jajuan Johnson. Watch all his individual game highlights and highlight videos. He is very exciting and will/should be available at #22 where we pick in the first round.

Yea a few posts back I rated the top 5 prospects I wanted and Johnson just missed out but was at 6 for me. But I would be happy if we took him. Tons of potential. As for Nene if we got a true Center he would thrive at PF but we won't do that. But at 15 mill let him walk im on edge with giving him 12 mill.

I like your FA except for Telfair, not a fan of him. I'd love Barbosa tho him and lawson at the same time would be awesome, so fast.

Kno-Sean
06-05-2011, 12:50 PM
No offense, but I'd love to see JR Smith in Milwaukee!

Broncoholic3233
06-05-2011, 01:00 PM
No offense taken lol. A lot of people would want to have JR on their team.

He won't give you 82 games, not even close, but the games he does show up and really play a complete game he'll awe you.

He's awesome. I hope we re-sign him, but probably pretty doubtful.

Kno-Sean
06-05-2011, 01:04 PM
That's what makes me doubt he'll be in Milwaukee.

Skiles is all about hard nosed defense, every night for 48 minutes. But the kid has some unique talent, I would like to see him stay in Denver too if he's not a Buck.

Broncoholic3233
06-05-2011, 01:07 PM
That's what makes me doubt he'll be in Milwaukee.

Skiles is all about hard nosed defense, every night for 48 minutes. But the kid has some unique talent, I would like to see him stay in Denver too if he's not a Buck.

Yeah. He'll give you about 41 offensive games....only about 20 defensive games.

However, last year, we had improved a lot. So hopefully he continues and kicks the hot/cold spells he goes on. The hot ones are awesome, but the cold ones seem to last for a long time.

johnlimburg
06-10-2011, 03:03 AM
Nuggets have a lot of options with the No. 22 pick of the NBA draft

On the one hand, the NBA draft is going to be very tricky for the Nuggets as they try to find the right piece at pick No. 22. After all, will power forward Kenyon Martin re-sign? What about shooting guard J.R. Smith? And what if the Nuggets get an irresistible offer for point guard Raymond Felton ? So many questions . . . that won't be answered until after the June 23 draft.

On the other hand, it's all pretty simple.

"You probably try to take the best guy," Denver coach George Karl said. "I don't think you get real philosophical."

The Nuggets have brought in a dozen prospects for workouts and will continue to evaluate players at the Pepsi Center before the draft. Because 21 players will be drafted before the Nuggets use their pick, it's hard to gauge who will be available at No. 22. Numerous mock drafts have different names in that slot, including 6-foot-8 forward Tobias Harris of Tennessee and 6-5 guard Iman Shumpert of Georgia Tech, who was in Denver last week.

"I think to some level it's best player available, but at some point it becomes, 'What's the need?' " Nuggets executive Masai Ujiri said. "Most of our scouting is done during the season. We watch tons of games. But with this, you can actually see them up close, see how quick guys are, see their true size. And you get to look in their eyes. We do a lot of caliber tests and psychological tests."

Karl is confident the Nuggets will extend Nene's contract. But even if Martin re-signs, the Nuggets will take a long look at the low-post prospects. Martin and Chris Andersen are in their 30s and injury-prone. The Nuggets like Timofey Mozgov, but adding another budding post player would be enticing. Maryland's 6-10 Jordan Williams visited Denver last week. He's dropped his weight to 250 pounds and says he has expanded his range. As for Harris, he averaged 15.3 points and 7.3 rebounds as a Tennessee freshman.

"Tobias is a versatile player. He can play inside and out," said Ryan Blake, co-director of NBA scouting. "He's a runner and really intelligent too. He knows the game.

"He's very skilled (with his) back to the basket, played heady defense and knows spacing, which is very important when you're young. He doesn't have that huge strength where he can body up on the power forwards right now, but he's not that far away from that. He can make an impact right away, like (previous low draft pick) Landry Fields or (undrafted) Wes Matthews."

The intriguing prospects include 6-8 Kenneth Faried of Morehead State, projected as a low-20s pick. Faried played in a low-profile conference, the Ohio Valley. But some of the voracious rebounders in recent NBA history, including Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace, didn't play on the big stage in college basketball.

Faried averaged 8.0, 13.0, 13.0 and 14.5 rebounds in his four seasons at Morehead State. He became a fan favorite in Denver when he played two games at the Pepsi Center with Morehead State during the NCAA Tournament in March. He helped Morehead State upset fourth-seeded Louisville 62-61 with 17 rebounds and 12 points.

"He doesn't have the bulk. But he has that motor, he has that conditioning and strength," Blake said of Faried, the Ohio Valley Conference male athlete of the year as a senior. "He's not an offensive guy. But he's so competitive. It's not just rebounding. He knows how to set screens and where to go on the court.

"Teams like Denver should love a guy like that because he does all the intangibles to make the other guys better. . . . He's like a bass player in a band."

The Nuggets don't have a second-round pick in the 2011 draft. Two years ago, they traded that pick to the Detroit Pistons for Arron Afflalo, who became the Nuggets' starting shooting guard. Afflalo plans to re-sign with Denver this summer.
Who's on the board at No. 22?

The Nuggets have the 22nd pick in the June 23 NBA draft. Here are some possible players:

Name School Height Weight Year
Tobias Harris Tennessee 6-8 220 Fr.
Iman Shumpert Georgia Tech 6-5 220 Jr.
Jordan Williams Maryland 6-10 250 So.
Kenneth Faried Morehead State 6-8 225 Sr.
Charles Jenkins Hofstra 6-3 215 Sr.

Who do people want ?

Broncoholic3233
06-10-2011, 11:33 AM
A big. A REAL big. I want Nene (who will probably be resigned) to play 4. So I want a 5.

johnlimburg
06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
A big. A REAL big. I want Nene (who will probably be resigned) to play 4. So I want a 5.

I really think Koufas and Mosgov can play effectively in a rotation at the 5 with Anderson playing some minutes. I see some very good 4's being available at 22 and think they are the best value. Jajuan Johnson for one. Also I really want to trade Felton to get a solid player or get a first round pick for him. I want all Ty Lawson all the time and the point guard rotating and 2 at time annoys me. Maybe a guy like Iman Shumpert. He can play the 1 and the 2 and be the primary backup.

Also Tobias Harris looks like a poor mans Melo and could be good backup behind Gallanari.

There are some guys I would like to sign like Babosa and Jeff Green but I think if we can get some more young pieces we can continue to build.

beastlyskronk
06-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Hmmm I wonder if Brendan Haywood will be available. I know he didn't take kindly to being a backup after he signed his contract with Dallas but he has played well as a backup center. Obviously not the scoring threat that Nene is but he's bigger/longer and overall more of a defensive presence as well as a better rebounder.

johnlimburg
06-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Hmmm I wonder if Brendan Haywood will be available. I know he didn't take kindly to being a backup after he signed his contract with Dallas but he has played well as a backup center. Obviously not the scoring threat that Nene is but he's bigger/longer and overall more of a defensive presence as well as a better rebounder.

Well his contract is large. Still 5 years and over 45Million dollars still owed. We should stay away from the aging low impact centre. I wanted him to sign here last off season. However his contract is large.

However I think there is little doubt that Tyson Chandler would leave and sign somewhere else however I would love to sign Chandler to a 10 Million dollar per year deal. Doubtful yes. However if he wins a ring I am sure he wants the money while he can and if we offer the most, than we could get him. Him or Samuel Dalembert (8-8 guy)

Sign Chandler/Dalembert

Sign Sebastian Telfair

Sign JR Smith/Leonard Babosa

Trade Felton for a top 20 draft pick

Try to sign and trade Chandler and get something for him

Draft Tobias Harris and Jajuan Johnson

Lawson----Afflalo-----Gallari-----Nene-----Chandler
Telfair-----Babosa----Harris----Johnson---Mosgov
-------------Forbes-----------------------------Koufas
---------------------------------------------------Anderson

johnlimburg
06-13-2011, 01:26 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_18234936?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referralskipframe-bleacherreport.com

Its not a bleacher report article I just got it through bleacher report. Talks about more prospects we have been working out.

Also some stuff about a possibility of moving up

http://nugglove.com/2011/06/11/nuggets-moving-up-the-draft/

BluenOrnge4Life
06-17-2011, 12:05 PM
About 10 days ago Nuggets coach George Karl, assistant coach John Welch, and strength coach Steve Hess found themselves in Sant’Angelo Lodigiano, Italy, visiting Danilo Gallinari and putting a plan in place they hope begins to take him from a good player to a great one.

“I think we both made a step together into a better place,” Karl said. “Understanding what we want to do and how we want to get there.”

Gallinari is a player the Nuggets want leading them from a production standpoint in the future. The talent is there. The potential to be one of the NBA’s best players is there. But just how productive can Gallinari, who averaged 14.7 points and 5.4 rebounds in 14 games with the Nuggets after the Carmelo Anthony trade, be?

“The window in almost every area has growth,” Karl said. “He can become a better defender, he can become a better rebounder, his playmaking can grow and his ability to become a consistent scorer I think is what we all probably see more than anything. He’s not going to get into the Melo numbers, but I think he’s going to take a step forward next year. He averaged 15? I think the step would be 18 or something like that.”

Asked if this was the Nuggets making Gallinari their priority and taking a clear step in molding him to be their lead player, Karl hedged.

“You guys always want to exaggerate,” Karl said. “I think he’s on the top of our priority list, but I think there are a few other guys there, too. I think Nene is there and some of the other free agent situations that probably can’t even be handled until the end of the summer. But right now with the lockout possibly coming on July 1 we’re trying to touch as many people as we can in a positive way and answer their questions and maybe give them some of our desires.”

Kenyon Martin a Mav?

In the midst of a compelling playoff series between the Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks, this tweet by Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin flew under the radar five days ago: “What’s y’all think about me in a Mavs jersey next year!! Just a thought people”

Whenever free agency starts, Martin, born in Michigan but who grew up in Texas, will be an unrestricted free agent. He finished up a seven-year, $90 million contract with the Nuggets this season, averaging 8.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in a year that saw him fight back from offseason knee surgery to become one of the team’s leaders down the stretch after the Anthony trade.

He is originally from Dallas and goes back there in the summers during the offseason.

There stands to be a good market for Martin, an underrated defensive stopper that contributes significantly on the glass and as much as needed on offense.

Chris Dempsey: Twitter @dempseypost or cdempsey@denverpost.com

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/06/17/george-karl-envisions-significant-production-improvement-for-danilo-gallinari-next-season/5340/

beastlyskronk
06-17-2011, 01:55 PM
well Kenyon Martin leaving would open up the 4 spot for Nene to move there. The only problem would be finding a good starting C. Mozgov has potential and he'll probably split time with Koufos if we do move Nene to PF.

johnlimburg
06-18-2011, 03:22 AM
well Kenyon Martin leaving would open up the 4 spot for Nene to move there. The only problem would be finding a good starting C. Mozgov has potential and he'll probably split time with Koufos if we do move Nene to PF.

If we could some how sign Tyson Chandler. I would love that.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:18 AM
K-Mart will go to a contender. He's gone.

You all knock Nene far too much. He's nor a superstar but he is a very good starting C. PF MAY be a better fit for him. But PF's are easier to find then C's.

If Denver was smart they'd attempt to make a move for one of the soon to be FA's and sell the farm for one of them.

Deron Williams (although I doubt the nets would trade him, even if he says he won't sign long term.)

Russ Westbrook

Chris Paul

Send a package of Ty Lawson, Felton, Gallo, and whoever else to try and get one.

Of course it all depends on if they'd sign long term with Denver, I have my doubts. But you never know

Bottom line, you're NEVER going to win anything in this league without a Superstar, gotta get one somewhere.

johnlimburg
06-18-2011, 07:04 AM

Agreed

You all knock Nene far too much. He's nor a superstar but he is a very good starting C. PF MAY be a better fit for him. But PF's are easier to find then C's.

I think he would benefit a lot from a change to the 4 however I think he deserves a lot of blame for our exit against OKC. He was god awful from the line and really struggled to get his game rolling. He didn't put his stance on the series and got hand fed in game 1 and was the only reason he had a solid outing. He needs to learn to box out and play with a mean streak. We seen it occasionally but he is very soft. I think he is just a solid 5 but if he resigns I hope it is to play the 4.

If Denver was smart they'd attempt to make a move for one of the soon to be FA's and sell the farm for one of them.

Deron Williams (although I doubt the nets would trade him, even if he says he won't sign long term.)

Russ Westbrook

Chris Paul

Send a package of Ty Lawson, Felton, Gallo, and whoever else to try and get one.

Of course it all depends on if they'd sign long term with Denver, I have my doubts. But you never know

I don't think we will and don't think we need to. Plus the guys you list below in Paul and Williams seem like they would not sign a long term deal like you mentioned with the Nuggets. Westbrook I just hate so much. Talented but personally I want to break his teeth.

Bottom line, you're NEVER going to win anything in this league without a Superstar, gotta get one somewhere.

True but I think the Nuggets are going to have to develop a superstar. I still beleive JR Smith could be that guy however will he resign and eliminate the bone headed stuff from his game.

I think the off-season if performed correctly by the GM (whose name I cannot spell) and Stan Kronke we could be a very good team in 2011 and then into the future a real competitor.

I think it starts with resigning Nene (or not), Resigning Afflalo, JR, Chandler and then looking at whether to trade Raymond Felton.

Personally I would love to move Raymond Felton in exchange for a starting caliber 3,4,5.

I think the number free agent target should be Tyson Chandler. He would compliment Nene perfectly and with him getting a ring now he may be looking for the biggest pay day.

Also the draft will be key. Jajuan Johnson is the guy who we need. Long limbed 3 or 4 who can shoot from every where and plays with his back to the basket well. Great defensive player and would be a very good front court rotation guy immediately.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-18-2011, 09:53 AM

Russ Westbrook

Chris Paul

But you don't understand that guys like Ty Lawson & Gallinari are young enough that you don't know if they're going to be stars yet or not.

They've both shown flashes. Trades can be made to go out and get good players, but the core of Lawson, AAA, Moz, & Gallo shouldn't be... and most likely won't be touched.

Ujiri is a stud in that front office as we've seen during the Melo trade, and I trust any moves that he makes.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 11:09 AM
But you don't understand that guys like Ty Lawson & Gallinari are young enough that you don't know if they're going to be stars yet or not.

They've both shown flashes. Trades can be made to go out and get good players, but the core of Lawson, AAA, Moz, & Gallo shouldn't be... and most likely won't be touched.

Ujiri is a stud in that front office as we've seen during the Melo trade, and I trust any moves that he makes.

No one on the Nuggets is/ or is gonna be a superstar. You'd already know.

Lawson is a good young PG. But he will NEVER be a Deron Williams. Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook.... He had nothing on those guys. Flat out. He just doesn't have the tools to be ether then any of those guys.

AA is the definition of mediocre. Him staying or going really is irrelavant. He wouldn't be a good trade asset anyways.

Gallinari looks like he may become a good role player. He's still very young. But as with Lawson....he just doesn't have the tools to ever be 'elite'.

I'm very fond of J.R. Smith. But he literally might as well not even show up to play defense, and his tendency to jack up shots regardless of the circumstance isn't a good quality.

Face it guys, there's been 1 team in the last decade that has won a title without a true elite player. That was the Pistons. But they played amazing defense, and all 5 guys that were starting for them we're at the top of their game.

Denver needs someone. They need a guy to build around, cause right now. They only have a bunch of role players.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 11:27 AM
....and saying Ujiri is a 'stud' is a bit much.... He traded away the best player in the history of the Nuggets.... Got solid role players, and it looks like 2 of the better ones will both walk. That's not very good.....

The Experience
06-18-2011, 11:45 AM
....and saying Ujiri is a 'stud' is a bit much.... He traded away the best player in the history of the Nuggets.... Got solid role players, and it looks like 2 of the better ones will both walk. That's not very good.....

Well what the hell did you want him to do? We couldn't have gotten a superstar for a guy who is a FA at the end of the season.

I couldn't disagree more with your assesment on Lawson, Gallo, and Ujiri.....

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 03:53 PM
No one on the Nuggets is/ or is gonna be a superstar. You'd already know.

Lawson is a good young PG. But he will NEVER be a Deron Williams. Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook.... He had nothing on those guys. Flat out. He just doesn't have the tools to be ether then any of those guys.

AA is the definition of mediocre. Him staying or going really is irrelavant. He wouldn't be a good trade asset anyways.

Gallinari looks like he may become a good role player. He's still very young. But as with Lawson....he just doesn't have the tools to ever be 'elite'.

I'm very fond of J.R. Smith. But he literally might as well not even show up to play defense, and his tendency to jack up shots regardless of the circumstance isn't a good quality.

Face it guys, there's been 1 team in the last decade that has won a title without a true elite player. That was the Pistons. But they played amazing defense, and all 5 guys that were starting for them we're at the top of their game.

Denver needs someone. They need a guy to build around, cause right now. They only have a bunch of role players.

lol what? This post is so far off. The only thing Lawson doesn't have is a consistent jump shot and he still shot 40% from 3 point last year. I think this year he'll really find his groove shooting wise. And we already know he can get to the basket whenever he wants, he's one of the fastest and quickest players in the league. He's already shown that he's a willing passer. Once he gets that instinct of when he needs to score for the team then he'll be great. He averaged 12 points and 5 assists in the regular season and he was primarily a bench player and in the postseason he averaged 16 and 5. What other tools does he need?

And for as far off as you are on Lawson, you're even farther off on Gallinari. He just needs to work on being more consistent with his jump shot but he can shoot as good as anyone in the NBA. And when he drives to the basket he needs to look to score and not draw a foul, that's really his only problem. Gallinari is a willing defender and can be very good at times. He's 6'10" and has great length, there aren't many SFs in this league that can guard him. There's a reason most Knicks fans and all of the smart Knick fans were mad that we got Gallinari, they know that he'll be superstar in the NBA, a more complete superstar than Melo and Amare. They know he would have been that 3rd piece that would push them over the top.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 04:05 PM
I think it was pretty amazing what this team was able to do the last half of the season when everyone counted them out. You can credit that to George Karl and Masai Ujiri.

I'm not blinded by homerism, this team still has a long ways to go. But we have some nice pieces, we don't have a superstar yet. I think Lawson and Gallinari have that potential.

As for AAA being mediocre, your high. He is the team's hardest worker, best perimeter defender, most consistent, best 3pt shooter and a high character guy as well as a leader. If anything he is one of the most underrated players in the game. That's not homerism, thats fact....

His career high is 2 APG.... And 12 PPG..... That's VERY VERY VERY mediocre.

This is like dissinh Tebow. It's comical how upset everyone gets. Ty Lawson isn't the 2nd coming of Magic guys hate to break it to you,

And Gallinari can't even keep his spot in the starting rotation consistently..... Okay?

The Nuggets were bounced in the 1st round this year guys, and next year with potentially losing K-Mart, Felton, Smith, Chandler.... Do you really think they're gonna be better next year? Sorry, but no.

Not even future HOF's AA, Gallo, and Lawson can overcome that....

CodyRoark
06-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm seeing some buffoonery on this page... Ty Lawson, Afflalo, Gallo are the poster boys of this team now. Gallo is being worked to be made into Denver's superstar. Gallo has shown superstar glimpses before. Remember Denver vs Knicks at the Garden he and Melo battled... Both had 30 I believe. Lawson's problem was getting used to what he needed to do after the trade. He's getting there! Lawson is a damn good point guard and can give any opposing PG/Team fits on any night.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Career stats

Gallinari 13 PPG 4 RPG

Lawson 10 PPG 4 APG

Afflalo 7 PPF 2 RPG 1 APG

I can't believe I said these guys weren't superstars. What was I thinking?! This numbers blow me away. Please disregard everything I said. Denver has 3 bonafide Hall of Famers.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes, because stats tell the whole story.

AAA has started 2 seasons. He has plenty of time to grow. He can hit the 3, he's a leader, he can drive and he plays great defense.

Ty Lawson hasn't even started 2 seasons, and already shows flashes of being great. You are clueless if you can't see that.

Gallo is also young, and can be good, and once again, if you can't see that that's laughable.

You really are clueless. Melo was a bum. It's pretty cool how he always lead us deep in the playoffs though. Oh wait. It's pretty cool how he played good defense. Oh wait. It's pretty cool how he was a great team player. Oh wait.

Yeah.....I'm glad he's gone, and all 3 of those players are the future, and the future is bright.

You obviously don't know crap about basketball, so please, do us all of a favor, and just stop.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Such a homer. Lololollol. This has honestly made
my day. Hate on Melo cause he left, love **** players just cause they're on the Nuggets. Good logic. Carmelo was the best player the Nuggets ever had, I'm sorry you're too blind to see that.

And I clearly said I thought Lawson was "a good young PG".... But he will never be a superstar. And he won't be, he's not a great passer, his jumpsuit is very inconsistent, and at the end of the day. He's still just too small to guard a guy like Russell Westbrook or Derrick Rose. I'm sorry, maybe when you understand the NBA and stop looking at everything through your homer goggles maybe you can add something intelligent to this conversation. Until then, take your homer attitude and check it at the door.
Cause I highly doubt Carmelo was a 'bum' to you when he had the Nuggets in the WCF a few years ago.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 05:30 PM
And just for the record.....

Carmelo's stats for his first 3 years.

21 PPG 6 RPG 3 APG

20 PPG 5 RPG 2 APG

26 PPG 5 RPG 2 APG

That's a superstar. That's his 1st 3 years, and he was lighting it up. Not to mention he's probably the best finisher in the NBA right behind KB24.

Has NEVER dipped under 20 PPG in EIGHT years. That's an all star. That's a guy to build a team around. The Nuggets were only able to surround him with the corpse of Kenyon Martin, Allen Iverson, and Chauncey Billups. I can't say I'd really want to stick around either. The Melo era is over. You're in rebuilding mode with the scraps the Knicks gave you to get Melo, half with probably leave, and half may become role players. Hope that you eventually draft/sign another superstar. Because until you do, you're looking at making the playoffs as a 8th seed, or not making them at all. Sorry to be real.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 05:43 PM
You are funny.

Melo is an all star. Not a superstar. Get real man.

Also....Westbrook is the most overrated PG in the league. Wanted to address that. He can shoot, cool. He ain't a great passer. He is a ball hog. He always tries to be the best player that night, even if it hurts his team. He thinks its his team, and not Durants. OVERRATED.

Keep hating on the Nugs. You'll be eating your words next year. I bet you aren't even a true fan anyways.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Just for fun go compare the numbers of DENVER'S BIG 3 to any superstar at any of their respective positions.

I.e Lawson to Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Williams, hell even Tyreke Evans.

Gallinari to LeBron, Carmelo, Durant, Pierce

Afflalo to Mamba, DWade....you get the idea.

Compare the first 3 or 4 years of those guy's careers with the scrubs the Nuggets have. Maybe that will finally make you open your eyes.

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Dirk Nowitzki only averaged 8.2 ppg his rookie season and 17.5 his 2nd season. Kobe Bryant averaged 7.6 ppg his rookie season and 15.4 his 2nd season. If you're only looking at stats to make your "argument" then you have no idea what you're talking. You have to watch these guys play to get a feel for their potential.

Also comparing them to guys like KD, Melo, and LeBron is just stupid because those guys were the only person on their team that could score at that time so of course their numbers will look good.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Just for fun go compare the numbers of DENVER'S BIG 3 to any superstar at any of their respective positions.

I.e Lawson to Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Williams, hell even Tyreke Evans.

Gallinari to LeBron, Carmelo, Durant, Pierce

Afflalo to Mamba, DWade....you get the idea.

Compare the first 3 or 4 years of those guy's careers with the scrubs the Nuggets have. Maybe that will finally make you open your eyes.

Yeah. You aren't a Nuggets fan, calling them scrubs. You are absolutely clueless. Hahahahahaha.

Just because we have very good, capable players, means they are scrubs and suck? That's funny. Once we lost Melo we did just fine. Sure, we got knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st, but we did that 7 times with Melo too.

Keep hating. Once we are doing good, I'm sure you'll be turned around and saying how you knew we'd do good. LOL

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Melo's not a superstar? That's comical. Sour grapes I suppose.

8 years of over 20 PPG production, multiple 30 PPG seasons. Got a team almost single handidly to the WCF. Commanded a $17MilPY contract extension. Killer instinct you can't coach.....

But you're right. He's a 'bum'.

Westbrook has averaged over 8 APG the past two years. He's been a very good distributor of the ball. It's funny when people talk about about things they don't know. Not to mention Westbrook has more athleticism and raw talent then Lawson could ever dream of having.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeah. You aren't a Nuggets fan, calling them scrubs. You are absolutely clueless. Hahahahahaha.

Just because we have very good, capable players, means they are scrubs and suck? That's funny. Once we lost Melo we did just fine. Sure, we got knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st, but we did that 7 times with Melo too.

Keep hating. Once we are doing good, I'm sure you'll be turned around and saying how you knew we'd do good. LOL I never claimed to be a Nuggets fan.

Here's a layout of this discussion we're having

Me-Stats, valid reasons.

You-Claims of seeing the future.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Hahaha. You are such a hater. Don't even think about calling yourself a Nuggets fan. (Glad to see you aren't a Nuggets fan).

Melo can score. Cool. That is all.

He doesn't make the players around him better. He doesn't pass the ball. He just began to rebound this year. He isn't a leader. He can score. That is all. That is an all star, not a superstar.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Dirk Nowitzki only averaged 8.2 ppg his rookie season and 17.5 his 2nd season. Kobe Bryant averaged 7.6 ppg his rookie season and 15.4 his 2nd season. If you're only looking at stats to make your "argument" then you have no idea what you're talking. You have to watch these guys play to get a feel for their potential.

Also comparing them to guys like KD, Melo, and LeBron is just stupid because those guys were the only person on their team that could score at that time so of course their numbers will look good.

Kobe was playing with Shaq in his prime and didn't play a full season until like his 3rd years. Dirk is irrelavant. He doesn't play SF,PG, or SG. So I don't see how he fits. Even if you want to discount Kobe for some foolish reason, look at everyone else I listed. And compare them to the DENVER'S BIG 3. There's no contest.

I listed the Superstar's bud. What people on here are claimg Lawson, Afflalo, and Galinari will become. Who was I supposed to list? I don't think you understand the discussion.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Hahaha. You are such a hater. Don't even think about calling yourself a Nuggets fan. (Glad to see you aren't a Nuggets fan).

Melo can score. Cool. That is all.

He doesn't make the players around him better. He doesn't pass the ball. He just began to rebound this year. He isn't a leader. He can score. That is all. That is an all star, not a superstar. Melo's averaged right around 6 RPG for his career. For 8 years at the SF position, that's pretty solid. So
no. He "didn't just start rebounding this year.". Sorry.

He didn't make anyone around him better huh? I think Chauncey Billups and that WCF finals team
might disagree.

Please keep responding, this is too good.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Melo's averaged right around 6 RPG for his career. For 8 years at the SF position, that's pretty solid. So
no. He "didn't just start rebounding this year.". Sorry.

He didn't make anyone around him better huh? I think Chauncey Billups and that WCF finals team
might disagree.

Please keep responding, this is too good.

Weird how no one has agreed with you right? Yet, you think you are 100% correct. Pretty fun. You keep responding please.

Chauncey took the Pistons to the CF plenty of times. He won one with the Pistons. CHAUNCEY TURNED THE NUGGETS AROUND THAT YEAR.

You keep proving how little basketball you actually watch.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Embarrassed about what, huh?

Stats tell the FULL story don't they? Don't see you posting defensive stats. Defense is a key part of the game, is it not?

Legitimate points? That's funny.

Way to address the last post though. Chauncey was the leader of the team. He was the reason we made the WCF. Or, why didn't we make it with just Melo before hand? If he's such a superstar. Dallas only had one superstar, and look at them, they are the Champs.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:22 PM
And just for fun.....

The year the Nuggets made the WCF

Billups 17 ppg 6 apg

Carmelo 22 PPG 6.8 RPG..... In only 66 games........

I can see how you would say Billups got them there. It makes perfect sense.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Embarrassed about what, huh?

Stats tell the FULL story don't they? Don't see you posting defensive stats. Defense is a key part of the game, is it not?

Legitimate points? That's funny.

Way to address the last post though. Chauncey was the leader of the team. He was the reason we made the WCF. Or, why didn't we make it with just Melo before hand? If he's such a superstar. Dallas only had one superstar, and look at them, they are the Champs. It took Dirk 13 years.......and Dirk like Melo.... Has very questionable defense.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:26 PM
And just for fun.....

The year the Nuggets made the WCF

Billups 17 ppg 6 apg

Carmelo 22 PPG 6.8 RPG..... In only 66 games........

I can see how you would say Billups got them there. It makes perfect sense.

There you go with your stats again.....

Where are the leadership stats? Huh?

Please, just try to tell me that Melo lead that team, and it wasn't Billups.

And why did Melo never make it out of the first without Billups? If he's so damn good.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Defense and mental toughness are the most important part of being a championship team. Melo had neither.

Where are the defensive stats? Those are far more important than PPG

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Defense and mental toughness are the most important part of being a championship team. Melo had neither.

Exactly.

I'm still waiting for those stats.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:33 PM
What stats are you looking for? Be specific here kiddo.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Exactly.

I'm still waiting for those stats.

As far as RPG goes, i wonder how many of Melo's rebounds came in garbage time?

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:35 PM

You know how a game is decided in the NBA?

The team with more points wins.

=O =O =O

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:35 PM

Amount of Key defensive plays in crucial point of the game to help the team win

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:36 PM

Leadership.

Prove Melo was the leader that year and not Billups.

Defense.

Show how good Melo has been on defense to make him a superstar.

Rebounds.

Show how many were in garbage time.

C'mon stat man! Get to work.