PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:36 PM
You know how a game is decided in the NBA?

The team with more points wins.

=O =O =O

And do you know how to keep a team from scoring more points than you?

Playing defense.

=O =O =O

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:38 PM
You know how a game is decided in the NBA?

The team with more points wins.

=O =O =O
There is a flipside to that. The winning team also holds the other team to fewer points....

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Keep grasping at straws. The best player to ever put on a Denver uniform wanted out, atleast be grateful he was there for 8 years...

I never thought someone could be this butthurt and angry over a sports player.

He's a consensus top 10 player in the NBA.

You know what consensus means?

People that get paid to follow the NBA think he is a top 10 player. I think they would know more then butthurt nugget's fans.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:39 PM
And do you know how to keep a team from scoring more runs than you?

Playing defense.

=O =O =O

BH get out of ypur basebal mind for a sec.....
Haha

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Melo better than Alex English? I think not....

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Amount of Key defensive plays in crucial point of the game to help the team win

Yea that doesn't exist. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Let's add "fictional things" to the list of reasons why Melo sucked. It's quite a list.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Yea that doesn't exist. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Let's add "fictional things" to the list of reasons why Melo sucked. It's quite a list.

Exactly, those stats dont exist. My point being that stats dont tell the whole story.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:42 PM
BH get out of ypur basebal mind for a sec.....
Haha

lmao

I just noticed that.

Watching the Rockies....talking Nuggets. My bad.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Alex English made the playoffs 9 times with the Nuggets.

1 WCF

Career Average of 22 PPG 6 RPG

Sounds like a less successful version of.......

MELO

Holy Realism Batman!

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Haha same here

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Still waiting on a response to my earlier post...

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Exactly, those stats dont exist. My point being that stats dont tell the whole story.

Stats are what you can track. They're what makes a player. You're not in the lockeroom pal. You have no idea who was the leader of those teams, and in case you didn't notice. No one on the Nuggets played good defense. That was their style of play.

Keep clinging to your "fictional asinine make believe" claims of no leadership and poor defense to make yourself feel better about a great player flat out wanting off your team. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Stats are what you can track. They're what makes a player. You're not in the lockeroom pal. You have no idea who was the leader of those teams, and in case you didn't notice. No one on the Nuggets played good defense. That was their style of play.

Keep clinging to your "fictional asinine make believe" claims of no leadership and poor defense to make yourself feel better about a great player flat out wanting off your team. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

You are so delusional.

Its obvious who the leaders are, you dont have to be in the lockeroom. Watch the games and interviews.

Once again, take a Break from your statsheet an actually watch a damn basketball game.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Jordan's a really good example of what you are all failing to understand. Granted he was also a solid defensive player, but regardless the point remains.

You can have all the defense, all the good character, and whatever else you claim Melo didn't have.

But bottom line.

Jordan made his money hitting game winning shots, and flat out refusing to lose claims by hitting clutch shot, after clutch shot.

That's what Carmelo brings you. That absolute raw nasty ability. The ability to go out there on any given night and out score anyone in the NBA, the ability to be cold blooded when it mattered most.

Wanna talk about what really matters?

Carmelo is 2nd in the NBA since his rookie year in hitting GAME WINNING SHOTS. Behind only, Kobe Bryant.

Kobe also had periods where he struggled, before Gasol got there. Despite Kobe still being nasty as all hell, the Lakers were struggling to make the playoffs.

Everyone needs help, and Carmelo never received anything other then over the hill old players. He wasn't the reason you couldn't win while he was here. If you want to place Blame, look at your front office.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Jordan was a great defensive player.

Are you really trying to argue that offense is what wins titles?

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I bet of Elway had gotten traded in the early 90's you'd of all been saying this same crap about him too.

HE NEVER WON US ANYTHING
HE DIDN'T LEAD THAT TEAM
GOOD RIDDANCE
HE WASNT MENTALLY TOUGH ENOUGH, THATS WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT!

The Experience
06-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Im waiting for an answer

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
I bet of Elway had gotten traded in the early 90's you'd of all been saying this same crap about him too.

HE NEVER WON US ANYTHING
HE DIDN'T LEAD THAT TEAM
GOOD RIDDANCE
HE WASNT MENTALLY TOUGH ENOUGH, THATS WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT!

LOL

You are the person who is reaching.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Jordan was a great defensive player.

Are you really trying to argue that offense is what wins titles?

Are you really trying to argue that it doesn't? Jordan averaged around 30 PPG throughout the championship run. I guess that didn't matter right?

And his game winner against the Jazz? Didn't matter.

Beating the heavy defensive Pistons team WITH OFFENSE. Didn't
matter.

The Heat were a MUCH better defensive team then the Mavs, it's not even close. But.... Guess who won? Willed by 1 offensive player who just couldn't be stopped.

Move on to the next straw you're gonna grasp.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:16 PM
The Heat were superior defensively to the Mavs.

Mavs won.

The Celtics were superior defensively to the Lakers

Lakers won.

I don't know who was superior in the Magic/Lakers series. But I'd lean twoards the Magic, considering Dwight was the DPOY.....

Lakers won.

Even if you discredit the Magic/Lakers series, still 2 of the last 3 NBA champions won the title with superior offense. So.... Try again kiddo?

The Experience
06-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Difference is, though you are correct. The teams that won were great defensive teams

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 07:22 PM
The Knicks were miles ahead of the Celtics offensively, why did they get swept against the Celtics?

Just because one team is considered better defensively, does not mean defense doesn't win championships. Both teams in all of the last few finals have been good defensively, and in the Mavs case, good in the Finals.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 07:24 PM
The Knicks were miles ahead of the Celtics offensively, why did they get swept against the Celtics?

Just because one team is considered better defensively, does not mean defense doesn't win championships. Both teams in all of the last few finals have been good defensively, and in the Mavs case, good in the Finals.

The Knicks that have the superstar Melo right?

Hmmm.....weird how Melo, even with Amare, can't get out of the first round.

Bizzare.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:25 PM
What who? The Mavs and the Lakers? Not even close.

Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler played good defense. Dirk was almost a liability at times. Terry and Barea were non factors, and Marion was 'solid' at best. Hardly a 'great' defensive team.

The Lakers have Kobe who is a great defensive player, and Bynum. Gasol and Derek Fisher are serious liabilities. Ron Artest was there for only the 2nd title, and his defense isn't what it once was.

The Lakers win over the Magic highlighted even more of KB's defensive ability, but as a team they were average at best.

The past 3 NBA champions have won on offense.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 07:26 PM
And amare had an MVP caliber year

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 07:29 PM

Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler played good defense. Dirk was almost a liability at times. Terry and Barea were non factors, and Marion was 'solid' at best. Hardly a 'great' defensive team.

The Lakers have Kobe who is a great defensive player, and Bynum. Gasol and Derek Fisher are serious liabilities. Ron Artest was there for only the 2nd title, and his defense isn't what it once was.

The Lakers win over the Magic highlighted even more of KB's defensive ability, but as a team they were average at best.

Dude.....really?

92-84 (low scoring)
95-93 (low scoring)
88-86 (low scoring)
86-83 (low scoring)
112-103 (high scoring)
105-95 (Medium scoring)

That's hardly an offensive series. LOL.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Amare had a great year.

At the

The Experience
06-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Rick Carlise has his teams play great D. Plain and simple

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 07:35 PM

The Heat were in the top 10 in scoring were they not? How many times did they top 100? How many times did they even get to their average? The answer to those last 2 questions is once and that was when they got 103 points in a game that they lost. They failed to get above 90 twice. Miami was also 6th defensively allowing 94.6 a game, Dallas topped that 3 times and got to their average twice offensively. Dallas was 10th in the NBA in points allowed, allowing 96 ppg. Miami got over 96 once all series, and they lost that game.

The fact is, regardless of the perception, in that series and for that series alone, Dallas played better defense than Miami did.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Time the Celtics/Knicks series was played your love child Billups got hurt, and the Knicks already had no depth due to the Melo trade. The Celtics were much better offensively at that point. AS A TEAM. It was 2 vs. 5. The Celtics team that was in the Finals the previous year vs. Amelomare and rejects from the nuggets.

But I'm glad were judging players after 1 playoff appearence with a team. Guess Shaq blows, he lost to Houston....

Jordan too, he lost Detroit.

Man they suck.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 07:37 PM
The Heat were in the top 10 in scoring were they not? How many times did they top 100? How many times did they even get to their average? The answer to those last 2 questions is once and that was when they got 103 points in a game that they lost. They failed to get above 90 twice. Miami was also 6th defensively allowing 94.6 a game, Dallas topped that 3 times and got to their average twice offensively. Dallas was 10th in the NBA in points allowed, allowing 96 ppg. Miami got over 96 once all series, and they lost that game.

The fact is, regardless of the perception, in that series and for that series alone, Dallas played better defense than Miami did.

See this is the type of observation that someone who actually watches the games and doesnt put it all on stats would make

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Miami was better defensively in every category.... And they lost. That is the point.

The Celtics were better too.... And they lost.....

I'm not saying defense doesn't play part, I'm saying offense plays just as big of a part.

Which some of you just will not accept due to Melo walking away.

beastlyskronk
And just for the record.....

Carmelo's stats for his first 3 years.

21 PPG 6 RPG 3 APG

20 PPG 5 RPG 2 APG

26 PPG 5 RPG 2 APG

That's a superstar. That's his 1st 3 years, and he was lighting it up. Not to mention he's probably the best finisher in the NBA right behind KB24.

Has NEVER dipped under 20 PPG in EIGHT years. That's an all star. That's a guy to build a team around. The Nuggets were only able to surround him with the corpse of Kenyon Martin, Allen Iverson, and Chauncey Billups. I can't say I'd really want to stick around either. The Melo era is over. You're in rebuilding mode with the scraps the Knicks gave you to get Melo, half with probably leave, and half may become role players. Hope that you eventually draft/sign another superstar. Because until you do, you're looking at making the playoffs as a 8th seed, or not making them at all. Sorry to be real.

Going back to this, man you must think Rajon Rondo is terrible despite the fact that he's one of the best PGs in the NBA.

Project KSL
See this is the type of observation that someone who actually watches the games and doesnt put it all on stats would make
He used statistics to make a
point genius.... Try again.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Going back to this, man you must think Rajon Rondo is terrible despite the fact that he's one of the best PGs in the NBA.

Rondo's a great PG for what his role on that team is. He's not on the level
of the other guys I listed, but as a pure passer there might not be anyone better.

johnlimburg
06-18-2011, 07:43 PM
LOL at some of the stuff that has been said over the last few pages.

I have to wonder do people watch the Nuggets. Lawson and Afflalo are clearly the core of this team and depending if Nene resigns then them guys are the three pieces.

Plus we matched OKC blow for blow and yes we lost 4-1 but only one game we got really got beat down. We were there matching them blow for blow in every game bar one. And another year of maturity and another year together, we could be for real IMO.

Nene needs to work on one thing in the off-season. Free Throws.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 07:44 PM
He used statistics to make a
point genius.... Try again.

You can tell he actually watched though and just dint base his opinion off stats like you do.

And i appreciate you callin me a genius

johnlimburg
06-18-2011, 07:44 PM
of the other guys I listed, but as a pure passer there might not be anyone better.

So there is no better passer in the game but he is not on the level of the other guys who are talked about as the best point guards. Point Guards are distributors first and he most defiantly is a top tier point guard.

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 07:46 PM

And his first 2 years were average at best, it wasn't until his 3rd year starting that he started to show that he's a superstar. Gallinari is going into his 3rd year, Ty Lawson is going into his 3rd year, and Afflalo will be going into his 3rd year starting. Afflalo won't ever be a superstar, but he'll be a great defender and 3 point shooter, a better version of Bruce Bowen. Lawson had the athleticism and shooting ability of Allen Iverson but he has the mindset of a true PG so while he won't ever average 20-30 PPG like Iverson or like Rose/Westbrook, he will be a star at the PG position. Gallinari is a mismatch against just about every SF in the NBA. He's going to take a huge step forward this year, especially if Karl chooses to make the offense go through him rather than sticking with what he did in the playoffs this year.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:46 PM
You can tell he actually watched though and just dint base his opinion off stats like you do.

And i appreciate you callin me a genius

You gathered this from reading a post, where stats where the focus.

Bravo professor.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:48 PM
So there is no better passer in the game but he is not on the level of the other guys who are talked about as the best point guards. Point Guards are distributors first and he most defiantly is a top tier point guard.

He doesn't have a jumpshot. It doesn't exist.

Every other top guy can pass as well as score, he's 1 dimensional. He's not on the level of a Chris Paul or a Derrick rose.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:48 PM
And his first 2 years were average at best, it wasn't until his 3rd year starting that he started to show that he's a superstar. Gallinari is going into his 3rd year, Ty Lawson is going into his 3rd year, and Afflalo will be going into his 3rd year starting. Afflalo won't ever be a superstar, but he'll be a great defender and 3 point shooter, a better version of Bruce Bowen. Lawson had the athleticism and shooting ability of Allen Iverson but he has the mindset of a true PG so while he won't ever average 20-30 PPG like Iverson or like Rose/Westbrook, he will be a star at the PG position. Gallinari is a mismatch against just about every SF in the NBA. He's going to take a huge step forward this year, especially if Karl chooses to make the offense go through him rather than sticking with what he did in the playoffs this year.

Rondo isn't a superstar............

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Actually going back to the OKC series, they didn't show that without a doubt they were a better team than us. They won 4-1, but we should have won at least one more game but the botched call messed us up. Even if OKC won 4-2 they weren't impressive doing so. All but one game was close and Denver did not have great chemistry coming off the trade and Gallinari, Chandler, and Afflalo started the series either out from injury or being really bothered by injury. And during the series both Lawson and Felton got hurt, I think Martin did as well but I'm not sure. Despite all that we probably could have won the series had Nene made his FTs.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm still waiting for a response....

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:51 PM

Gallinari vs. LeBron

*spoiler alert*

Rape.

Seriously though, IF and that's a big IF he ever becomes a respectable player. I'm sure coaches will play a PF on him...and Amare...KG.... And in taking either of them against Galo.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm still waiting for a response....

For what? I haven't verbally destroyed you enough today?

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 07:53 PM
For what? I haven't verbally destroyed you enough today?

Lol.

No. You haven't verbally destroyed me at all. :confused:

Address my previous post with scores. It was a defensive series, not offensive. GO.

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 07:54 PM

Every other top guy can pass as well as score, he's 1 dimensional. He's not on the level of a Chris Paul or a Derrick rose.

He's not 1 dimensional, Rondo can play defense better than any other PG in the NBA. He can get to the basket at will and he's the only transition player they have. He doesn't have a great jump shot and he's not a great free throw shooter, but he has everything else you want. And he can work on his jump shot, it's got a lot better the past few years.

Project KSL
06-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Actually going back to the OKC series, they didn't show that without a doubt they were a better team than us. They won 4-1, but we should have won at least one more game but the botched call messed us up. Even if OKC won 4-2 they weren't impressive doing so. All but one game was close and Denver did not have great chemistry coming off the trade and Gallinari, Chandler, and Afflalo started the series either out from injury or being really bothered by injury. And during the series both Lawson and Felton got hurt, I think Martin did as well but I'm not sure. Despite all that we probably could have won the series had Nene made his FTs.

That's a whole lot of "what if's". Bottom line, you were almost swept and OKC is a vastly superior team. It was 4-1.

4-1. Take the homer goggles off for just a little bit.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 07:55 PM
That's a whole lot of "what if's". Bottom line, you were almost swept and OKC is a vastly superior team. It was 4-1.

You obviously didn't watch the series.

It was much closer than a 4-1 series, even though it ended that way.

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Gallinari vs. LeBron

*spoiler alert*

Rape.

Seriously though, IF and that's a big IF he ever becomes a respectable player. I'm sure coaches will play a PF on him...and Amare...KG.... And in taking either of them against Galo.

That's one SF, there aren't many SFs that can guard him. Put a PF on him and they'll struggle. Amare could probably do a respectable job but he isn't great defensively to begin with and KG isn't athletic enough to guard him.

johnlimburg
06-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Derrick Rose is a shooter first and a distributor second. I would say Paul is better however Rondo is most defiantly a top tier Point Guard.

ERoyal248
06-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Were the Mavs superior to the Lakers when 2 of the games the Mavs made huge comebacks in.

Game 1- Lakers lead most of the way, Mavs come back in the 4th.

Game 2- Mavs took control in the 4th.

Game 3- Lakers lead most of the way and Mavs with another big comeback.

Game 4- Blowout

Could/should have been 2-2/3-1 heading to Game 5.

And the Mavs/Heat series was a defensive series. Game 1 was in the 90's, Game 2 in the 90's, Game 3 and 4 in the 80's, Game 5 was a shootout, and Game 6 was high scoring.

johnlimburg
06-18-2011, 07:58 PM
You obviously didn't watch the series.

It was much closer than a 4-1 series, even though it ended that way.

Exactly.

You have to watch the games to break down the play of the team and players and the guys here went blow for blow with OKC. Fact. It was possession for possession and par except for game 2. It was a very close series.

The Experience
06-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Fact is, anyobe who knows anything about basketball is that defense wins championships. Period.

Anyone who believes otherwise honestly doesnt deserve to have an opinion because they have no clue what they are talking about.

beastlyskronk
06-18-2011, 08:04 PM

Those aren't a lot of "what if's". Those are facts. Denver did not have great chemistry going into the playoffs. Afflalo, Chandler, and Gallinari started the series injured. Lawson and Felton both got hurt during the series. When Miami started the season poorly, chemistry and injuries were the reason, this is the same reason for Denver. They lost by 3 in 2 games and lost by 4 in the other game. The only what if is Nene making his FTs. Nene shot 56% in the series after shooting 71% in the regular season and shooting over 70% the past 3 seasons.

OKC should have won that series more convincingly if they were the contenders everyone believes they are. Either OKC are contenders and Denver is on par with them, or neither team is contenders and both are just 1st/2nd round playoff teams.

johnlimburg
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Those aren't a lot of "what if's". Those are facts. Denver did not have great chemistry going into the playoffs. Afflalo, Chandler, and Gallinari started the series injured. Lawson and Felton both got hurt during the series. When Miami started the season poorly, chemistry and injuries were the reason, this is the same reason for Denver. They lost by 3 in 2 games and lost by 4 in the other game. The only what if is Nene making his FTs. Nene shot 56% in the series after shooting 71% in the regular season and shooting over 70% the past 3 seasons.

OKC should have won that series more convincingly if they were the contenders everyone believes they are. Either OKC are contenders and Denver is on par with them, or neither team is contenders and both are just 1st/2nd round playoff teams.

Plus Durant got to the line by rarely driving to the basket and he got so many calls which should not have been. Same with Westbrook.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-18-2011, 11:08 PM
No one on the Nuggets is/ or is gonna be a superstar. You'd already know.

Lawson is a good young PG. But he will NEVER be a Deron Williams. Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook.... He had nothing on those guys. Flat out. He just doesn't have the tools to be ether then any of those guys.

AA is the definition of mediocre. Him staying or going really is irrelavant. He wouldn't be a good trade asset anyways.

Gallinari looks like he may become a good role player. He's still very young. But as with Lawson....he just doesn't have the tools to ever be 'elite'.

I'm very fond of J.R. Smith. But he literally might as well not even show up to play defense, and his tendency to jack up shots regardless of the circumstance isn't a good quality.

Face it guys, there's been 1 team in the last decade that has won a title without a true elite player. That was the Pistons. But they played amazing defense, and all 5 guys that were starting for them we're at the top of their game.

Denver needs someone. They need a guy to build around, cause right now. They only have a bunch of role players.
As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. Lawson has all the tools to be a superstar - he is one of the fastest guys in the league if you haven't noticed. Just ask anyone who actually follows the nuggets and knows basketball, and they will tell you that Lawson had chris Paul like numbers after the Melo trade when he became the starter.

Just stop making crap up and trying to pass it off as a well known fact. You will never gain credibility with anyone, anywhere.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-18-2011, 11:12 PM
....and saying Ujiri is a 'stud' is a bit much.... He traded away the best player in the history of the Nuggets.... Got solid role players, and it looks like 2 of the better ones will both walk. That's not very good.....

Again, do you even know what you're talking about? Melo CAME to the Nuggets and said 'TRADE ME' because i'm not going to re-sign with you next year. Then, they went on to get the best trade for him that they could possibly get. Almost everyone who analyzes basketball credited Ujiri with doing this.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-18-2011, 11:22 PM
LOL after reading through these past few pages, my ignore list just got larger by one. There's just no point in trying to use logic with trolls. :goz:

johnlimburg
06-19-2011, 12:21 AM
I too think Lawson has the potential to be a superstar. This is his team now. Afflalo I don't see as a superstar but a very solid starter. Gallo showed he can flood the basket at times and just needs to be aggressive all the time. We seen him get going when he got angry at Durant and started to score on him and stop him in the play offs. Kenyon is gone IMO and Nene at 4 with his scoring and current rebounds if he can just hit his free throws and get his shots in the clutch will be a great second option on offense. Then the 5 is the biggest hole. Mosgov and Koufas look like a great prospects and good rotational guys. I think the number one target in free agency should be Tyson Chandler.

A starting 5 of:

Lawson
Afflalo
Gallo
Nene
Chandler

This would be a very good team no doubt.

Our bench though wouldn't be very good without JR Smith and Wilson Chandler. We would have Felton but he is no doubt traded IMO. Forbes is a nice prospect and Anderson proved his worth late last season while Harrington is not great.

I think it would be great to trade Felton for Lamar Odom or a top 15 draft pick. With a trade for Lamar Odom he can play all across the board. He is a great offensive player and defender. I would start him at 3 with Gallo off the bench. Or the other way around if Odom would be happy with that. He could defend the likes of Russell Westbrook at the Point Guard position if we had to go up against OKC again. Lawson really struggled with that however Afflalo was pretty good at it.

With our draft pick I would love either one of Jajuan Johnson and Bismack Biyombo or both if we were to trade Felton for a top 15 pick instead of getting Odom.

Free Agency sign a scorer at the 2 or resign JR Smith. In the FA market I would love Leonard Babosa and then we need a backup PG if we trade Felton. Sebastian Telfair is a guy who would keep the fast pace game of Lawson up while he sits on the bench. Also sign Patrick Mills from Portland.

So my newest Mock Offseason for the Nuggets:

Resign:

Aaron Afflalo
Gary Forbes
Nene

Sign:

Sebastian Telfair
Patrick Mills
Leonard Babosa
Tyson Chandler

Trade:

Raymond Felton for Lamar Odom

Draft:

Jajuan Johnson

Lawson-------Telfair-----------Mills
Afflalo---------Babosa---------Forbes
Odom---------Gallo
Nene----------Johnson--------Anderson
Chandler-----Mosgov---------Koufas

That would be around the same pay role as now.

johnlimburg
06-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Here is another player who looks the goods IMO for a selection at #22 for the Nuggets.

Charles Jenkins: 6-3 PG/SG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hESn_lWNh3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcO1N1MZycg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuT5cZA_0Wg&feature=related

Guy can shoot and would be a great backup Point Guard/Shooting Guard if JR Smith walks or Raymond Felton is traded.

the0rangecrush
06-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Here is another player who looks the goods IMO for a selection at #22 for the Nuggets.

Charles Jenkins: 6-3 PG/SG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hESn_lWNh3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcO1N1MZycg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuT5cZA_0Wg&feature=related

Guy can shoot and would be a great backup Point Guard/Shooting Guard if JR Smith walks or Raymond Felton is traded.

If we do choose to go the Guard route, I'd rather have Marshon Brooks guy is electric.

johnlimburg
06-19-2011, 05:07 PM
If we do choose to go the Guard route, I'd rather have Marshon Brooks guy is electric.

I would like him also however Jenkins looks like he can create his shot better which IMO is something we need. We really struggled to do that when JR Smith wasn't on the court especially in the playoffs. As good as Afflalo is he is a great shot creator.

Question for someone who may know. Can teams trade players during the draft for picks or is like the NFL where it is only picks for picks because I would love to get a first round big man and a first round guard.

Amari24
06-19-2011, 06:19 PM
I would like him also however Jenkins looks like he can create his shot better which IMO is something we need. We really struggled to do that when JR Smith wasn't on the court especially in the playoffs. As good as Afflalo is he is a great shot creator.

Question for someone who may know. Can teams trade players during the draft for picks or is like the NFL where it is only picks for picks because I would love to get a first round big man and a first round guard.

You can certainly trade players for picks. We actually saw it a lot in last year's draft.

beastlyskronk
06-19-2011, 06:38 PM
You can certainly trade players for picks. We actually saw it a lot in last year's draft.

But the NBA has an expiring CBA as well, although I think it expires after the draft

Amari24
06-19-2011, 06:48 PM
The draft is in several more days. What the new CBA needs is Franchise tags, and maybe a 5-round draft instead of two rounds.

johnlimburg
06-19-2011, 06:55 PM

I am aware of that however with the CBA situation like in the NFL is what I was referring to though.

johnlimburg
06-19-2011, 06:56 PM
The draft is in several more days. What the new CBA needs is Franchise tags, and maybe a 5-round draft instead of two rounds.

How weak would the late round of an NBA draft be. There would be like no talent at all.

Amari24
06-19-2011, 07:05 PM
How weak would the late round of an NBA draft be. There would be like no talent at all.

That would be where scouts come in handy. Every year there are tons of decent players who go undrafted and get sent down to the D-league, never to get a chance to prove themselves in the NBA. Imagine if the NFL only had about 4 rounds. The Pats would've never got Brady, we would've never got TD.

beastlyskronk
06-19-2011, 07:08 PM
That would be where scouts come in handy. Every year there are tons of decent players who go undrafted and get sent down to the D-league, never to get a chance to prove themselves in the NBA. Imagine if the NFL only had about 4 rounds. The Pats would've never got Brady, we would've never got TD.

That's still 5 new players for a team, most of them would be relegated to the d-league anyway.

On an unrelated note, one of my friends is cousins (by marriage) to Chauncey Billups and he hung out with Nene after the Hornets playoff game a few years back and he said Nene told him a lame joke. I wish Nene would tell me a lame joke :sad:

Amari24
06-19-2011, 07:18 PM
That's still 5 new players for a team, most of them would be relegated to the d-league anyway.

On an unrelated note, one of my friends is cousins (by marriage) to Chauncey Billups and he hung out with Nene after the Hornets playoff game a few years back and he said Nene told him a lame joke. I wish Nene would tell me a lame joke :sad:

I think it would work if they increased the limit to your roster to 18, instead of 15, which I think is the highest right now.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-19-2011, 07:43 PM

It takes a lot more positions to fill an NFL team. Therefore, more players and more rounds.

Amari24
06-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Like I said, if they could increase the current roster capacity by as little as three additional roster spots then it would work. Although, they probably won't do that for a number of reasons.

johnlimburg
06-20-2011, 06:06 PM
The Denver Nuggets have extended qualifying offers to Restricted Free Agents Aaron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler and Gary Forbes.

beastlyskronk
06-20-2011, 07:25 PM
I think it would work if they increased the limit to your roster to 18, instead of 15, which I think is the highest right now.

Well the roster limit is 15 but the active roster limit is only 12. You'd probably have to increase that too but how the NBA is now, you usually only play 8 or 9 guys and the other 3 or 4 are only there in case it's a blowout. Increasing the roster limit to increase the amount of rounds in the draft would only allow more players to sit on the bench.

Although if you keep the roster limit the same, it would really strengthen the NBA developmental teams and that would probably turn into a smaller scale MLB system sort of.

the0rangecrush
06-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Cavs are shopping the 4th overall pick, and are planning on taking Irving 1st overall, My best guess is Minny takes Williams and the Utah takes Knight, do you think we should trade up for a guy like enes canter?

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Cavs are shopping the 4th overall pick, and are planning on taking Irving 1st overall, My best guess is Minny takes Williams and the Utah takes Knight, do you think we should trade up for a guy like enes canter?

Nope. No player is worth it. It isn't like there is a guy to go out there and get and be a superstar which is what you want that high.

I would rather just try to get a pick in the top 15 for Raymond Felton and try get Charles Jenkins and Jajuan Johnson.

What would we have to give up also. Not worth it.

the0rangecrush
06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Nope. No player is worth it. It isn't like there is a guy to go out there and get and be a superstar which is what you want that high.

I would rather just try to get a pick in the top 15 for Raymond Felton and try get Charles Jenkins and Jajuan Johnson.

What would we have to give up also. Not worth it.

IMO Canter would have been a star, he just didn't play.

Amari24
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
These are probably the most uncertain lottery prospects ever. Kyrie, a guy whos only played about 10 games and didn't look all that good, didn't even show up at the combine. Lol I hope the Cavs know what they're doing if they draft him. Kanter is a boom or bust guy. He can be the next Yao, or the next Yi. He's probably worth the risk if you want to pay up. Williams is killing his own draft stock by saying he's a SF, when most think he has to play PF in the NBA. Lets be real, Williams would get abused by KG and other 4's. I think he's another Michael Beasley. I like the guys who are coming out mid-1st.

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 06:11 PM
These rumors about Felton and the #22 pick for Sacremento's top 10 pick are scaring me. I don't want it if we have to give up the #22.

I would rather Lamar Odom for Raymond Felton and if possible also give them Harrington.

nic.zeman24
06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
These rumors about Felton and the #22 pick for Sacremento's top 10 pick are scaring me. I don't want it if we have to give up the #22.

I would rather Lamar Odom for Raymond Felton and if possible also give them Harrington.

Who would we pick if we picked that high?

I like that for Lamar Odom. Would he start though

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Who would we pick if we picked that high?

I like that for Lamar Odom. Would he start though

I don't think anyone is really worth going and getting that high. I really don't. I want to keep that #22 so we can get a solid bench role player who could be a potential star down the road like Lawson. Someone like Charles Jenkins and Jajuan Johnson.

I think we would be better off keeping the pick and going after the Lakers trade which has been rumored.

I think Odom would start at 3 or 4. I would like him to start at the 3 and have Nene at 4 and then get a true centre in Free Agency to play the 5 or have Mosgov or Koufas play there.

nic.zeman24
06-21-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't think anyone is really worth going and getting that high. I really don't. I want to keep that #22 so we can get a solid bench role player who could be a potential star down the road like Lawson. Someone like Charles Jenkins and Jajuan Johnson.

I think we would be better off keeping the pick and going after the Lakers trade which has been rumored.

I think Odom would start at 3 or 4. I would like him to start at the 3 and have Nene at 4 and then get a true centre in Free Agency to play the 5 or have Mosgov or Koufas play there.

I like your ideas and you are right this is a bad year to pick high because there is little superstar talent but its a good year to be where we are because there are a lot of solid players who could end up starters.

I personally want Johnson because he can be a very good player on O and D.

I havent heard of the Odom trade before this but it makes sense because the Lakers need a PG and we dont really need Felton seeing as Lawson will be the future at that position

Amari24
06-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Jajuan Johnson reminds me of Jeff Green, just bigger. Klay Thompson would also be a good pick for Denver. Although, I hope you guys bomb on all your picks. :smug:

nic.zeman24
06-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Jajuan Johnson reminds me of Jeff Green, just bigger. Klay Thompson would also be a good pick for Denver. Although, I hope you guys bomb on all your picks. :smug:

I would take a shooting guard but I dont know of any good ones in this draft because I have been focusing on big men

Amari24
06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
I like Klay Thompson the most out of any SG in this draft. He's about 6-7 210 lbs. I like him a lot. He can also play SF, but I like him more at SG.

I hope my Rockets look at him at #14 if he's still available. We also have the #23 pick right after Denver, but no way he drops that far.

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 08:53 PM
I like your ideas and you are right this is a bad year to pick high because there is little superstar talent but its a good year to be where we are because there are a lot of solid players who could end up starters.

I personally want Johnson because he can be a very good player on O and D.

I havent heard of the Odom trade before this but it makes sense because the Lakers need a PG and we dont really need Felton seeing as Lawson will be the future at that position

I agree with what you said about solid players.

Here is some articles about Lamar Odom and Felton.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski, both the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings are interested in the services of Raymond Felton, the Denver Nuggets backup point guard.

We have discussed Felton being a trade option numerous times in the past, and especially the Lakers and Kings both being teams of interest. Eric Pincus hinted that Lamar Odom may be an option. Pincus tweeted:

i’ve tweeted before about Lakers/Felton – an obvious move for LA if Denver interested, possibly LO type move

A trade that makes sense would involve both Al Harrington and Steve Blake as well, but a deal would depend on Odom’s willingness to play for Denver.

A Kings deal would make more sense, especially if the Nuggets could move up in the draft or get one of Sacramento’s young players (Jason Thompson, Omri Casspi, Donta Greene…) or even one of their young veterans (Francisco Garcia, Beno Udrih). Felton would also help the Kings, who have a number of scorers – but lack playmaker.

Nuggets extend AAA, Chandler and Forbes

The Denver Nuggets took some big steps in improving the future of their team Monday.

According to the Nuggets website, team has extended qualifying offers to restricted free agents Arron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler and Gary Forbes. They also extended the fourth-year of Ty Lawson’s contract. The moves were a no-brainer, but it also pretty much sets up the Nuggets to keep Forbes (unless a team extends a crazy offer).

Afflalo is one of the Nuggets top priorities, if not their top priority, while Chandler would be a player that they would love to get back – unless another team overpays to get him. However, there murmurs around Denver that Chandler doesn’t want to come back to the Nuggets and may want to play somewhere else. If the Nuggets could get a sign-and-trade worked out for Chandler, it would really help.

From Nugglove.com

Plus it has been un the updates on 1043thefan all day and has been talked about for several weeks.

I would take a shooting guard but I dont know of any good ones in this draft because I have been focusing on big men

I have been watching highlights of some of the shooting guards and reading what websites say about them who are projected around the 15-30 range. Watch highlights of Charles Jenkins. I would love him and Jajuan Johnson in the same draft if we could get another late 1st round pick.

nic.zeman24
06-21-2011, 08:58 PM
I agree with what you said about solid players.

Here is some articles about Lamar Odom and Felton.

From Nugglove.com

Plus it has been un the updates on 1043thefan all day and has been talked about for several weeks.

I have been watching highlights of some of the shooting guards and reading what websites say about them who are projected around the 15-30 range. Watch highlights of Charles Jenkins. I would love him and Jajuan Johnson in the same draft if we could get another late 1st round pick.

I would not mind Jason Thompson at all he could also be solid. I like what im seeing in the Jenkins highlights. I agree if we get him and johnson I will be in heaven.

Amari24
06-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Here are some Klay Thompson highlights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plJG2gjZVWY

He's the total package.

I seen Charles Jenkins play, I think he's a little slow off the dribble. Just my opinion though.

beastlyskronk
06-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Jason Thompson has a bright future at PF if he can keep steady minutes. He can offer more than Kenyon Martin can imo but getting him would more than likely keep Nene at C. Not too bad though, both are wide bodies, but neither are lengthy shot blocking types.

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Klay would need to be a high pick though and we would have to give Felton and #22. When on the other side you could potentially get Charles Jenkins/Jajuan Johnson and Lamar Odom. I would rather a very good veteran player and a rookie power forward/or combo scoring guard who is very physical and could help us a load with defense on Russell Westbrook who is someone we will have to potentially go through to go deep in the playoffs.

No thanks on a trade up. Stick at #22 and try get a veteran player for Felton or a high pick straight up without giving away the #22 as well.

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 09:13 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aROdr-IDE7g

Possible second round choice but could be an option #22.

Amari24
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Klay is projected to go in the 10-15 range. Denver is at #22, that's not that big of a dip into the mid-first. Maybe Denver can make a trade with Utah at #12.

nic.zeman24
06-21-2011, 09:19 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aROdr-IDE7g

Possible second round choice but could be an option #22.

is he a center? Personally I love big men who can stretch the floor because it opens up the dribble drive O even more

the0rangecrush
06-21-2011, 09:23 PM
At SG, Marshawn Brooks hes a scorer he just has that killer instinct that we lacked last year and can score from anywhere. Also if we are trying to move up to Sacrementos pick, than I think that means we are targeting Bismack Biyambo.

nic.zeman24
06-21-2011, 09:28 PM
At SG, Marshawn Brooks hes a scorer he just has that killer instinct that we lacked last year and can score from anywhere. Also if we are trying to move up to Sacrementos pick, than I think that means we are targeting Bismack Biyambo.

Im sorry I dont like Bismark on the Nuggets, no offensive game at all but he is a good defensive player

the0rangecrush
06-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Im sorry I dont like Bismark on the Nuggets, no offensive game at all but he is a good defensive player

Ya but we don't really need a scorer, we need the presence in the paint, defensively he's a Serge Ibaka clone, although his offensive game is lacking he is only 18. We have a ton scorers, but no game changing defender.

nic.zeman24
06-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Ya but we don't really need a scorer, we need the presence in the paint, defensively he's a Serge Ibaka clone, although his offensive game is lacking he is only 18. We have a ton scorers, but no game changing defender.

If we traded up I would rather have faried than Bismark because he can play D rebound and his offensive game is better than Bismarks

the0rangecrush
06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
If we traded up I would rather have faried than Bismark because he can play D rebound and his offensive game is better than Bismarks

Right now Bismack is a better defender, but Farried is a better scorer(although both aren't very good scorers) but in 3-4 years Bismack will be an absolute force.

nic.zeman24
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Right now Bismack is a better defender, but Farried is a better scorer(although both aren't very good scorers) but in 3-4 years Bismack will be an absolute force.

I hope so, im just iffy about international players

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Klay is projected to go in the 10-15 range. Denver is at #22, that's not that big of a dip into the mid-first. Maybe Denver can make a trade with Utah at #12.

I just don't really want to give up anything to go get him. Not that impressive IMO.

is he a center? Personally I love big men who can stretch the floor because it opens up the dribble drive O even more

Power Forward. Models his game around Dirk Nowitski and plays similar to him. Obviously no where near as talented but a 7-0 power forward who can score from everywhere is pretty interesting.

I am in two minds on him. He seems like a very explosive defender but clueless at the offensive end of the floor. I would not trade up for him. Jajuan Johnson is a lanky shot blocking defender who has a much more polished offensive game. I would take Johnson over him.

I just hope we don't make the move.

I think we do need a go to scorer who is not scared to make a shot. In the OKC series everyone was scared to shoot. AAA, Lawson, Felton, Nene. Everyone bar JR Smith.

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Kenneth scares me. A 6-7 Power Forward who had success rebounding against inferior competition. I hope he isn't the main target which is what has been reported by a number of sources.

johnlimburg
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
If we were to ever replace Jim Tracy, my first choice is Terry Pendleton....

Wrong Thread

The Experience
06-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Wrong Thread

just realized that, time for bed haha

nic.zeman24
06-22-2011, 06:34 AM
[QUOTE=johnlimburg;3814553]Kenneth scares me. A 6-7 Power Forward who had success rebounding against inferior competition. I hope he isn't the main target which is what has been reported by a number of sources.[/QUOTE/]

He still rebounded good in his tourny games.

I get where you are coming from though, he is small but he has a motor that never stops and good instincts and form when he is rebounding.

johnlimburg
06-22-2011, 06:46 AM

I get where you are coming from though, he is small but he has a motor that never stops and good instincts and form when he is rebounding.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think of that however we need length to compete with the Lakers and OKC.

the0rangecrush
06-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Can someone explain to me the love for Felton around the league, don't get me wrong he played well but it wasn't like he blew me away IMO he was worse than Lawson. Also some tidbits Spurs have been in contact with Raptors and Kings in attempt to trade for the pick with the centerpiece being Tony Parker (they also called us about Felton), and the Suns are in early talks with the T-wolves for the number two with a trade involving Steve Nash.

johnlimburg
06-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Can someone explain to me the love for Felton around the league, don't get me wrong he played well but it wasn't like he blew me away IMO he was worse than Lawson. Also some tidbits Spurs have been in contact with Raptors and Kings in attempt to trade for the pick with the centerpiece being Tony Parker (they also called us about Felton), and the Suns are in early talks with the T-wolves for the number two with a trade involving Steve Nash.

T Wolves were also contacted about Andrew Bogut and their lottery pick for the #2 overall.

I still think Lamar Odom for Felton if possible is the best option for us.

the0rangecrush
06-22-2011, 07:20 AM
T Wolves were also contacted about Andrew Bogut and their lottery pick for the #2 overall.

I still think Lamar Odom for Felton if possible is the best option for us.

Ugh the last thing I want to see is the kardashians mug everytime I watch a game lol, but in all seriousness it would be interesting to have odom, but IMO he is better coming off the bench than starting, he reminds me of Jason Terry.

johnlimburg
06-22-2011, 07:27 AM
I just think having a versatile piece who can defend, score, rebound would be a very good asset for this team. Whether it is off the bench or starting.

Broncoholic3233
06-22-2011, 11:20 AM
I want Josh Smith.

Trade Felton and Harrington and something.

Just make sure he is a Nugget.

TecmoElway
06-22-2011, 12:33 PM
How about the Nuggets send Felton to the Kings for the 7th pick?

Then, with the 7th pick, the Nuggets select Jimmer. He becomes a jersey selling machine similar to Tebow.

Finally, all of us fans come to the forums making controversial posts about Jimmer and his playing time similar to the many Tebow threads we see. :devil:

johnlimburg
06-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I want Josh Smith.

Trade Felton and Harrington and something.

Just make sure he is a Nugget.

And do what with Nene. Play him at centre again. I don't want that.

How about the Nuggets send Felton to the Kings for the 7th pick?

Then, with the 7th pick, the Nuggets select Jimmer. He becomes a jersey selling machine similar to Tebow.

Finally, all of us fans come to the forums making controversial posts about Jimmer and his playing time similar to the many Tebow threads we see. :devil:

Hell no. He is not worth trading up for.

Andrew Bogut would be nice if we could trade up to 7 and then try and get him.

johnlimburg
06-22-2011, 03:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8684223

Look what this idiot wrote.

They already have Ty Lawson(notes), who they appear confident in to get the job done at the point, so Felton may be an expendable asset. I would think that something like Steve Blake(notes) and a couple of the Lakers' second-round picks in the 2011 NBA Draft would be sufficient, but that may be a bit optimistic.

They are not getting Felton for Steve Blake and some second rounders. Obviously a fan writer.

nic.zeman24
06-22-2011, 03:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8684223

Look what this idiot wrote.

They are not getting Felton for Steve Blake and some second rounders. Obviously a fan writer.

Thats hilarious since Ty is 100X better than Blake and the seconds put together.

Did you here that Tony Parker is on the trade block? Who would he go to?

nic.zeman24
06-22-2011, 03:58 PM

I dont know Felton is ok but his stats were inflated in the NY offense.

nic.zeman24
06-22-2011, 04:00 PM

I get where you are coming from though, he is small but he has a motor that never stops and good instincts and form when he is rebounding.

I didn't think of that however we need length to compete with the Lakers and OKC.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with that my #1 prize would be Johnson but Faried would still make me happy.

johnlimburg
06-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Thats hilarious since Ty is 100X better than Blake and the seconds put together.

Did you here that Tony Parker is on the trade block? Who would he go to?

It hasn't been rumored but I think Tony Parker for Josh Smith would be good for both teams however I think Spurs want a high pick.

johnlimburg
06-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Listen to 104.3 The Fan in the next 10 minutes. The Nuggets director of scouting will be on.

Amari24
06-22-2011, 04:26 PM
I could see Parker going to the Pacers for Granger.

johnlimburg
06-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I could see Parker going to the Pacers for Granger.

That would be a good trade. I would love Granger. I like him a lot.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Does anyone think we will trade up to the # 10 pick the Sac owns? They just traded away their starting PG so maybe a deal is in the works.

the0rangecrush
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Does anyone think we will trade up to the # 10 pick the Sac owns? They just traded away their starting PG so maybe a deal is in the works.

For who, if Tristan Thompson is there then yea, Id also consider Chris singleton

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
For who, if Tristan Thompson is there then yea, Id also consider Chris singleton

I wouldnt mind Singleton he seems like he could be a lockdown defender imagine him and AAA on the court together

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 04:21 PM
for who, if tristan thompson is there then yea, id also consider chris singleton

MARSHON BROOKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

the0rangecrush
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
MARSHON BROOKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I agree but we can have him at 22 if all goes right

the0rangecrush
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
I wouldnt mind Singleton he seems like he could be a lockdown defender imagine him and AAA on the court together

Ya he's a non crazy artest

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I agree but we can have him at 22 if all goes right

I will be praying. I think the Knicks will take him if he is there, but hopefully not. :salute:

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Ya he's a non crazy artest

Yea I would take a Ron Artest type player without the craziness and fighting

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Welp its about that time, who are the cavs going to pick?

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Cleveland takes Irving! I'm 1/1 on my picks!!! 100%!!!!! OMG!!!! :D.......:paper:.....

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Cleveland takes Irving! I'm 1/1 on my picks!!! 100%!!!!! OMG!!!! :D.......:paper:.....
I thought they would pick Irving but I think Williams is bettter

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I thought they would pick Irving but I think Williams is bettter

I completely agree. Especially when they have Baron Davis at PG.

the0rangecrush
06-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Well let's trade for Beasley

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow... First surprise of the draft. I had him going 14th, so I was way off.

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Man.... The Raptors never learn. This pick is going to be a bust, I will put any amount of money on it. He can't even play for a year or 2.

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Good to see the Colorado kid get drafted. I really wish it wasn't to Utah but oh well. :D

Chillez
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Good to see the Colorado kid get drafted. I really wish it wasn't to Utah but oh well. :D

Will he be any good?

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Uhg I was hoping the Nuggets would pick before Burn Notice came on...

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Im suprised Leonards still on the board for San Diego state

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I can't believe Kawhi Leonard hasn't been picked yet??? The Nuggets should trade up to get him right now!! I have watched him live quite a few times and he is an absolute MONSTER! He was a possible top 3-5 pick, and all of these teams are falling in love with these soft foreign players, we need to take advantage!!!!!

Edit: haha, didn't see your post before I posted nic.z haha

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
can someon keep me updated on the draft while I turn to Burn Notice?

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 05:56 PM
I can't believe Kawhi Leonard hasn't been picked yet??? The Nuggets should trade up to get him right now!! I have watched him live quite a few times and he is an absolute MONSTER! He was a possible top 3-5 pick, and all of these teams are falling in love with these soft foreign players, we need to take advantage!!!!!

I know I want him sooo bad

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Will he be any good?

Meh... he's ok. He can't shoot but he is good at getting the ball to the hoop.

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 05:57 PM
can someon keep me updated on the draft while I turn to Burn Notice?

Yea man. I'll announce the picks on here for ya.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Yea man. I'll announce the picks on here for ya.

Alright thanks, Ill Cp ya :thumb:

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:01 PM
15th pick, the Pacers take Kawhi Leonard... Lol, we spoke too soon.

Chillez
06-23-2011, 06:02 PM

Edit: haha, didn't see your post before I posted nic.z haha

He just went off the board... :sad:

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
15th pick, the Pacers take Kawhi Leonard... Lol, we spoke too soon.

Dang we should not have jinxed it

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:09 PM
76ers pick Nikola Vucevic from USC

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Knicks pick Iman Shum

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Knicks pick Iman Shumart. Thank god they didn't take Brooks, I want him! Haha

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Knicks pick Iman Shum

Ive never heard of him

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Dangit I wanted the nuggets to get singelton

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Spurs got Leonard from the Pacers for George Hill

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Great.... The Bucks just got Tobias Harris. He was the player I thought the Nuggets would get. I am rooting for us to pick Marshon Brooks, but I thought Tobais was the most likely pick. I just hope we don't take an International player....

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Spurs got Leonard from the Pacers for George Hill

Yea, horrible trade for Pacers if that was all they got for Leonard...

johnlimburg
06-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I hope someone takes Kenneth Farred from us.

I want either Charles Jenkins or Jajuan Johnson

nic.zeman24
Yea, horrible trade for Pacers if that was all they got for Leonard...

I get update texts form espn and thats what it said but I think those are just the 2 main pieces

johnlimburg
Pacers trade the rights of the 15th pick to San Antonio

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Please Minnesota and Portland, DON'T TAKE BROOKS!!!! :D

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Yes! Minnesota takes Donatas Motiejunas from Lithuania.

johnlimburg
06-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Please Minnesota and Portland, DON'T TAKE BROOKS!!!! :D

I would be happy with Brooks. Brooks, Jenkins, Johnson

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes! Minnesota takes Donatas Motiejunas from Lithuania.

Thank god I guess they dont want to get better

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I would be happy with Brooks. Brooks, Jenkins, Johnson

Not so sure with Jenkins, but I would be happy with JaJuan Johnson also.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
brooks or Johnson

Hoserman117
06-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Hamilton is taking a bit of a fall

InElwayWeTrust
Yes! Nolan Smith, not a bad pick by Portland, but the Nuggets can now get Marshon Brooks! C'mon Nuggets don't let me down!!!! :goz:

nic.zeman24
Now we will see how much the Nuggets like Faried

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Dont mess up here Nuggets

ERoyal248
06-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Felton and Miller being talked about, Katz just said.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Felton and Miller being talked about, Katz just said.

Miller????

Den615
Would rather keep Felton, but I wouldn't mind getting Miller back. I can understand Felton wanting a full time starting job.

Spyder
Why the hell are the Nuggets trying to get Andre Miller again? lmao.

ERoyal248
Miller????

Andre Miller

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Would rather keep Felton, but I wouldn't mind getting Miller back. I can understand Felton wanting a full time starting job.

Oh ok Andre Miller for some reason I was thinking VON:P

ERoyal248
Nugs take Faried, solid pick.

InElwayWeTrust
I'm gonna go set my house on fire... I'll talk to you guys later....

Hoserman117
06-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Good pick, good player.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Hes a good player and I like him and his high energy game, I think the Nuggets could trade back in if they trade Felton to the Lakers

Spyder
06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
This was a good pick for them, they don't need a scorer, they need a defender and rebounder. So very solid pick.

But still, they have to move Felton for something better than Andre Miller. That trade would be ridiculous.

Chillez
06-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Remember it's just a game. :thumb:

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:45 PM
This was a good pick for them, they don't need a scorer, they need a defender and rebounder. So very solid pick.

But still, they have to move Felton for something better than Andre Miller. That trade would be ridiculous.

Maybe for the Lakers first rounder

Den615
06-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Hes a good player and I like him and his high energy game, I think the Nuggets could trade back in if they trade Felton to the Lakers

I hope we don't do anything that would help the Lakers.

nic.zeman24

We basically replace K mart with a better K mart

Hoserman117

:laugh: Why do you hate the pick so much?

Spyder
06-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Maybe for the Lakers first rounder

Too late, the deal is said to be done.

Raymond Felton for Andre Miller.

johnlimburg
Not that happy with the pick. A 6-7 rebound specialist. Will he be successful in the NBA. I suppose we need a rebound specialist and a good defender with Kenyon Martin leaving more than likely.

Decent pick. Hopefully all works out.

nic.zeman24
I hope we don't do anything that would help the Lakers.

Personally I dont think Felton is that good, his stats were inflated in NYs O

nic.zeman24
Too late, the deal is said to be done.

Raymond Felton for Andre Miller.

Really? dang

johnlimburg
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
What the hell. We just swapped a good PG for an old crap one. Good move Nuggets. :yawn:

We better have got something else as well. It was just confirmed

Spyder
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Really? dang

Yeah that's what I'm hearing. Kind of a stupid trade, imo.

Oh well.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:49 PM
What the hell. We just swapped a good PG for an old crap one. Good move Nuggets. :yawn:

We better have got something else as well. It was just confirmed

That is not what I wanted to do with Felton

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:50 PM
:laugh: Why do you hate the pick so much?

Because he is WAY to small. I am sick and tired of getting bullied around in the playoffs every year. He may be great against people his size, but if we go against L.A. in the playoffs, Gasol will make him his.... well, you know.

Den615
06-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Personally I dont think Felton is that good, his stats were inflated in NYs O

He is better than any pg on the Lakers in my opinion.

Rotoworld confirmed it...Miller for Felton

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:52 PM

Well yea obviously, I dont think he is a good fit here though because Lawson is the better player

Spyder
06-23-2011, 06:52 PM

I agree with this. He's not elite, but I would have taken him over anything we currently have on the roster.
He's def. an upgrade over Blake and Fisher will likely be gone.

That's a dumb trade by Denver, imo. They could have gotten something way better.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Im so heated about that Felton trade now

Chillez
06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
What a dumb move by Nuggets trading Raymond Felton for Andre Miller. Not smart.... :brick:

Hoserman117
06-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I would have said Hamilton to the C's here, but not with Jeff Green on the roster.

Den615
06-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Well now this is getting confusing...

Den615
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
The Nuggets selected forward Kenneth Faried with the No. 22 pick of the draft, and will send him to Portland, along with Raymond Felton, in exchange for guards Andre Miller and Nolan Smith.
Faried is a rebounding beast and looked like he was going to land in Portland regardless of what happened. Now that Andre Miller is in Denver, it further clouds the immediate future of Ty Lawson, as the two will share minutes unless another trade goes down.

The Blazers drafted Duke guard Nolan Smith with the No. 21 pick in the 2011 draft.
Smith is a minor surprise being drafted this early, but Portland is reportedly going to trade him to Denver for the No. 22 pick (Kenneth Faried).

Not sure what to think of this...

nic.zeman24

wait so who are the Nuggs getting?

Chillez
Atleast now we have 2 Miller in Denver one in NBA other NFL. :P

Amari24
06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I called Kenneth going to Denver in my mock :D I figured you guys needed a guy who can attack the rim and rack up 15 rebounds a game. I think Kenneth is that guy, he's a little undersized, but the numbers speak for themselves.

Spyder

***? Lol. This is confusing as hell.

nic.zeman24

Why would we want Nolan smith

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
So we traded Faried and Felton, for Miller and Felton???

Does Felton have to fly to Portland and then come back or can he just stay here? :D

Den615
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
wait so who are the Nuggs getting?

This cant be right...Nolan Smith and Andre Miller

I don't like this at all

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
This cant be right...Nolan Smith and Andre Miller

I don't like this at all

I dont think it is at all

InElwayWeTrust
Now THERE is an organization that knows what their doing...

Marshon Brooks goes to the C's... :(

Spyder
If it's Faried and Felton for Miller and Smith, well I'm sorry guys but the Nuggets FO prove yet again to be some of the biggest morons in all of basketball.

That is REALLY stupid.

Can anyone confirm it?

Hoserman117
06-23-2011, 07:01 PM
If Hamilton falls to the Bulls I'm gonna slap somebody.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 07:01 PM
If it's Faried and Felton for Miller and Smith, well I'm sorry guys but the Nuggets FO prove yet again to be some of the biggest morons in all of basketball.

That is REALLY stupid.

Can anyone confirm it?

I hope not but it would be, Ty is our Pg of the future we cannot crowd the position

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
If Hamilton falls to the Bulls I'm gonna slap somebody.

Is the Nuggs FO around? If so, that is who you should slap. Just sayin...

Hoserman117
06-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Saweeeeet. Glad Hamilton didn't go to the Bulls. Was gonna slap a foolz.

Hoserman117
Is the Nuggs FO around? If so, that is who you should slap. Just sayin...

Yeah dude all I can say is I'm sorry. I thought Fareid was a good pick, but that trade makes absolutely no sense.

nic.zeman24
I just read we would get the 26 pick, Hamiltion and Miller for Felton

Edit: thats what it says in the DP

beastlyskronk
06-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Well I guess this means JR is out of here :(

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I just read we would get the 26 pick, Hamiltion and Miller for Felton

Link por favor?

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Link por favor?

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18341042

beastlyskronk
06-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Link por favor?

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/06/trail_blazers_reportedly_trade.html

johnlimburg
06-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Well the Nets know what they are doing. I just seen something we may have got #26 from Mavs in the Felton Miller and possibly Dallas trade.

:confused:

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18341042

I don't see anything about picks there? It looks like just Felton for Miller straight up (AKA Worst Trade in History of the NBA) ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little.... only a little...

Amari24
06-23-2011, 07:10 PM
LOL I'll laugh if that trade actually happens!

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't see anything about picks there? It looks like just Felton for Miller straight up (AKA Worst Trade in History of the NBA) ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little.... only a little...

It says Felton for Miller and the 26 pick from Dallas and a future second rounder

Spyder
06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Apparently the Nuggets want Miller back because he was one of George Karl's favorites...

Wow.

Den615
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Thank god rotoworld screwed up that report. Now they are saying that Faried will stay a Nugget.

The Nuggets selected forward Kenneth Faried with the No. 22 pick of the 2011 NBA Draft.
There was an initial report that he would be sent to Portland in the Raymond Felton/Andre Miller deal, but that's not the case anymore. He will have a great shot at stepping into the void left by Kenyon Martin, and will be somebody to watch as the preseason progresses to see if he can slip into a starting gig.

The Experience
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Felton doesn't wanna be a backup, period. Miller is a good veteran player.... Not a horrible trade, get over it....

beastlyskronk
06-23-2011, 07:13 PM
I can't honestly see us keeping Miller with his contract, he's due like 7 mil in a week or so

beastlyskronk
06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Felton doesn't wanna be a backup, period. Miller is a good veteran player.... Not a horrible trade, get over it....

he's a good backup, but at 7 mil and with no outside shot at all, being 35 years old I don't think he is worth it. Jordan Hamilton and Kenneth Faried are worth it though

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 07:15 PM
he's a good backup, but at 7 mil and with no outside shot at all, being 35 years old I don't think he is worth it. Jordan Hamilton and Kenneth Faried are worth it though

Heck Yea but it means we wont keep Chandler

Amari24
06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Hamilton, while pretty one-dimensional, has a lot more upside than any of those guys. That would be a good trade I think with Faried.

johnlimburg

We extended him a qualifying offer so we can sign and trade him for another piece. If we really get Hamilton and Miller for Felton that is alright then.

beastlyskronk

Chandler was likely gone anways, besides Faried offers us more than what Chandler did in the playoffs. And Hamilton can score but Faried can't. It'll be interesting to see how Karl handles having Gallinari, Faried, and Hamilton since none of them are true PFs and the closest true SF would be Gallinari

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 07:18 PM
If we got Jordan Hamilton in that trade then it is actually not bad, but we better have got something other than old, good for nothing, over payed Andre Miller.

InElwayWeTrust
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't get it, they are talking about all of the trades, but have said nothing about our trade on there?? In fact, they just said Jordan Hamilton is staying in the state of Texas? Man this is confusing.

nic.zeman24
Chandler was likely gone anways, besides Faried offers us more than what Chandler did in the playoffs. And Hamilton can score but Faried can't. It'll be interesting to see how Karl handles having Gallinari, Faried, and Hamilton since none of them are true PFs and the closest true SF would be Gallinari

I could see us it like this

Lawson/Miller
AAA/????
Galo/Hamilton
Nene/Faried
Mozgov/nene

Amari24
Blazers traded Rudy Fernandez to the Dallas Mavericks. The Mavericks have sent the No. 26 pick, Jordan Hamilton to the Nuggets.

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't get it, they are talking about all of the trades, but have said nothing about our trade on there?? In fact, they just said Jordan Hamilton is staying in the state of Texas? Man this is confusing.

I remember this in the year when we got Lawson, I was so comfused.

Why dont they just let teams trade into those picks?

The Experience
06-23-2011, 07:21 PM
If we got Jordan Hamilton in that trade then it is actually not bad, but we better have got something other than old, good for nothing, over payed Andre Miller.

Good for nothing? Dude is a solid PG, overpayed? yes. Old? yes. But he is still a good player and can contribute off the bench....

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Blazers traded Rudy Fernandez to the Dallas Mavericks. The Mavericks have sent the No. 26 pick, Jordan Hamilton to the Nuggets.

Thats a good trade for the Nuggets

beastlyskronk
06-23-2011, 07:25 PM
I could see us it like this

Lawson/Miller
AAA/????
Galo/Hamilton
Nene/Faried
Mozgov/nene

Honestly I'd like to see

Lawson/Smith/Miller
AAA/Smith
Galo/Hamilton/Faried
Nene/Faried/Hamilton
Mozgov/Nene/Andersen

We have great depth so I went a little deeper but mainly the only difference is that I actually like Smith as a scoring PG. He showed a lot of growth in the OKC series imo. When his outside shot wasn't falling he'd penetrate and if he couldn't score off the penetration he'd penetrate and look for a pass. The only problem is, if no one else is making their shots he will get trigger happy which can be a good thing or a bad thing. We need to bring JR back. Faried actually might be able to play a little bit at SG for defensive purposes in a pinch or to get Galo, Hamilton, and Faried on the court at the same time.

johnlimburg
06-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Thank god it is not straight up Felton for Miller

Amari24
06-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Thank god it is not straight up Felton for Miller

That would be a silly trade. Felton is a much better player than Miller. They need to get at least another solid player out of a trade like that.

beastlyskronk
06-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I can't wait for basketball season to start now, I'm really excited

nic.zeman24
06-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Honestly I'd like to see

Lawson/Smith/Miller
AAA/Smith
Galo/Hamilton/Faried
Nene/Faried/Hamilton
Mozgov/Nene/Andersen

We have great depth so I went a little deeper but mainly the only difference is that I actually like Smith as a scoring PG. He showed a lot of growth in the OKC series imo. When his outside shot wasn't falling he'd penetrate and if he couldn't score off the penetration he'd penetrate and look for a pass. The only problem is, if no one else is making their shots he will get trigger happy which can be a good thing or a bad thing. We need to bring JR back. Faried actually might be able to play a little bit at SG for defensive purposes in a pinch or to get Galo, Hamilton, and Faried on the court at the same time.

It would be nice if we could resign Smith but I dont think that could happen

The Experience
06-23-2011, 07:28 PM
I can't wait for basketball season to start now, I'm really excited

Let's hope there is basketball....

Hoserman117
06-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Not a bad trade for the Heat.