PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31

rst08tierney
12-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow...bynums gone beast mode over night

rst08tierney
12-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Uncontested layup.......such a gift

Broncoholic3233
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Poor Gallo. He just is sooooo off this year so far.

Ugh. I wanna cry.

Cyrend
12-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Gallo is an absolute piece of trash. He just missed a wide open 3 give us the win with under 20 to go and then missed an uncontested layup with 3 seconds to go.

I was excited for this guy and he is just the Kyle Orton of clutch shots. Absolutely pathetic

rst08tierney
12-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Rubber match should be fun regardless of the outcome

Broncoholic3233
12-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Choke. I wish horrible things on the Lakers.

And their trashy fanbase.

Ugh. Can't stand that team.

Broncoholic3233
12-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Gallo is an absolute piece of trash. He just missed a wide open 3 give us the win with under 20 to go and then missed an uncontested layup with 3 seconds to go.

I was excited for this guy and he is just the Kyle Orton of clutch shots. Absolutely pathetic

What a moronic statement.

Two games in and your are spouting that crap.

Gimme a break.

GO GALLO!!!!!!

The Experience
12-31-2011, 03:56 PM

To be fair, it is early in the season and really the Nuggets as a whole suck at shooting at this point.

But the layup miss was inexcusable.

rst08tierney
12-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Choke. I wish horrible things on the Lakers.

And their trashy fanbase.

Ugh. Can't stand that team.

Don't judge all laker fans by the raider nation garbage you see on tv.

Many of us go back to the show time days of 80' s

Amari24
12-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Terrible defense. The Nuggets need a go-to-guy... Gallo isn't it.

rst08tierney
12-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Terrible defense. The Nuggets need a go-to-guy... Gallo isn't it.

Smith when he gets back

ERoyal248
12-31-2011, 03:58 PM

I agree with BH3223, most Laker fans are stupid.

Not saying you are, but they have a bad fanbase.

Cyrend
12-31-2011, 03:59 PM
I think we just glimpsed what its like to be a lower tier team with no star power. There comes a time when players need to make shots in close game situations and this team just showed against Portland and LA that they have absolutely no idea how to do that.

Broncoholic3233
12-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Wasn't directed at you. Didnt see you posted right before me.

Just majority of laker fans

rst08tierney
12-31-2011, 04:01 PM
I agree with BH3223, most Laker fans are stupid.

Not saying you are, but they have a bad fanbase.
Its a california fan base. Most of these laker fans jumped on the wagon when the winning started again.

Most jumped ship to the clippers in 05 through 07

Cyrend
12-31-2011, 04:03 PM
What a moronic statement.

Two games in and your are spouting that crap.

Gimme a break.

GO GALLO!!!!!!

Are you serious? Gallo hasn't been clutch since he's been in Denver and whenever the team says "he's going to be the guy. Just watch." He comes out like tonight and misses like 6 in a row including botching that absolute gift of a game tying layup.

Broncoholic3233
12-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Are you serious? Gallo hasn't been clutch since he's been in Denver and whenever the team says "he's going to be the guy. Just watch." He comes out like tonight and misses like 6 in a row including botching that absolute gift of a game tying layup.

I'm 100% serious.

Sorry I don't just jump off ship because he isn't Melo yet.

Go Gallo!!!!!

Cyrend
12-31-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm 100% serious.

Sorry I don't just jump off ship because he isn't Melo yet.

Go Gallo!!!!!

That's the thing, we don't need him to be Melo! If he just turns out to be an average to above average guy at the 3 then that's just great! But I don't see why George Karl is trying to throw his weight behind Gallo as the go to guy when he's just not that.

Give Ty the ball at the end. Let him create something. Or AAA. I don't care. But when Gallo puts on a performance like tonight, where someone who is known as a shooter, could barely hit the dang rim, why do you keep feeding him?

Cyrend
12-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Hopefully Wilson Chandler come back and actually wants to be a Nugget. We need talent in the worst way.

vLordChronicv
12-31-2011, 05:18 PM
you guys got mad at me when i said we needed JR smith. now look at ya. :(

beastlyskronk
12-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Hopefully Wilson Chandler come back and actually wants to be a Nugget. We need talent in the worst way.

After his performance in the playoffs, you think he'll do any better than Gallo?

Not sure why Gallo opted for a layup rather than just dunking it anyway. Pretty dumb decision.

But seriously everyone needs to calm down, the refs did an absolutely terrible job officiating that 4th quarter, they gave the Lakers every oppurtunity to win the game. From the no timeout to the phanton foul on Nene when he was boxing out and Bynum went over his back. I was actually shocked that they didn't call a foul when Kobe lost the ball. Mozgov looked pretty good today, Bynum got away with quite a few fouls on some of his rebounds on Mozgov and that really hurt us in the long run. But Mozgov is definitely going to be a defensive presence for us by the end of the year

The Experience
12-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Smith when he gets back

JR is not coming back....

vLordChronicv
12-31-2011, 06:46 PM
and nene is the reason we won the game before this so you guys can get off his back. 25 pts ? 9 rebounds? cmon man :)

vLordChronicv
12-31-2011, 07:02 PM
front page of yahoo / fail

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Danilo-Gallinari-blows-the-uncontested-la?urn=nba-wp12682

BVP
12-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Even Harrington should be playing instead of Gallo in clutch situations. Gallo isn't clutch, and has he even hit a 3 this season?

Amari24
12-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Even Harrington should be playing instead of Gallo in clutch situations. Gallo isn't clutch, and has he even hit a 3 this season?

During the game the commentators said he was like 2/16 from three. I think he missed about two more after that so he's now 2/18 from three this season.

Cyrend
12-31-2011, 09:05 PM
During the game the commentators said he was like 2/16 from three. I think he missed about two more after that so he's now 2/18 from three this season.

What a marksman.

Broncoholic3233
01-01-2012, 12:35 PM
and nene is the reason we won the game before this so you guys can get off his back. 25 pts ? 9 rebounds? cmon man :)

No. We lost that game and Nene disappeared

Do you even watch? No need to lie. To busy getting blazed probably.

GO GALLO!!!

nic.zeman24
01-01-2012, 05:39 PM
better get my head into the Nuggets game because I am pissed

nic.zeman24
01-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Apparently Demarcus Cousins has demanded a trade and the team told him to stay away. not that I want him though. Great talent too much attitude

InElwayWeTrust
01-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Apparently Demarcus Cousins has demanded a trade and the team told him to stay away. not that I want him though. Great talent too much attitude

Attitude or not I'd love to get him. To me it all depends on what we would have to give up.

Amari24
01-01-2012, 06:15 PM

This is why I said the team that took Cousins was going to regret it. He's the most immature, hot headed idiot in the league.

If I were the Kings I would trade him now, maybe package him for Dwight.

Broncoholic3233
01-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Great end to the half!

Finish on an 8-0 run. Up 11 at half.

GO NUGGERS! GO GALLO!!!!

InElwayWeTrust
01-01-2012, 07:40 PM
We are self destructing.....

How does Bynum suck so bad, but play so good against us!?!?!?

InElwayWeTrust
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Gallo made a 3....

The mayans were right, the world is ending. :eek:

:laugh:

Broncoholic3233
01-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Good job Nuggers!!

Finished the 4th quarter on an 11-0 run and won by 9.

Keep hatin' Gallo all! Team high 20 points!!

InElwayWeTrust
01-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Great finish tonight. If we can get better shooting the ball we will be a force!

beastlyskronk
01-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Ty Lawson with a double double, the team plays on a completely different level when he's in attack mode. When the perimeter shooters start knocking down those 3s on the kickouts we'll be even harder to defend.

johnlimburg
01-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Nene and Afflalo.

When we were having a offensive drought I would have loved to see one of our two highest players actually put there hand up and make a play to get it going. But they didn't put we got there anyway.

Harrington is back and playing really well.

Lawson is great and my favorite Nugget. He needs to attack more though and keep applying the pressure.

What a pickup Andre Miller was. Without him we lose this game IMO.

I love this team

ParkHill-71
01-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Mozi has a chip on his shoulder and i celebrate that. Has was pushing kobe around on those screens. Cant wait to watch him grow...

CodyRoark
01-01-2012, 11:03 PM
If Lawson keeps driving and attacking the rim then it will set up perimeter shots! I like the team we have this year! Would like for officials to give Moz a chance though. The team has struggled shooting as a whole. We will improve! Should have won yesterday too!

GO NUGS!

Broncoholic3233
01-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Nene and Afflalo.

When we were having a offensive drought I would have loved to see one of our two highest players actually put there hand up and make a play to get it going. But they didn't put we got there anyway.

Harrington is back and playing really well.

Lawson is great and my favorite Nugget. He needs to attack more though and keep applying the pressure.

What a pickup Andre Miller was. Without him we lose this game IMO.

I love this team

Afflalo is paid for his defense and leadership, he's never going to put up big offensive numbers.

Afflalo played great defense down the stretch, he did his job.

But make no mistake, if he gets the ball, and has a good shot, he'll take it.

Love AAA. My favorite Nugget, Ty is a very, very close 2nd.

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Afflalo is paid for his defense and leadership, he's never going to put up big offensive numbers.

Afflalo played great defense down the stretch, he did his job.

But make no mistake, if he gets the ball, and has a good shot, he'll take it.

Love AAA. My favorite Nugget, Ty is a very, very close 2nd.

Yes his D was great but I would love to see him make some plays with the ball in hand especially for the money he is being paid. Especially Nene.

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Yes his D was great but I would love to see him make some plays with the ball in hand especially for the money he is being paid. Especially Nene.

I agree with Nene, but he has perfected his disappearing act.

AAA has been a little off with his shot (like most of the team), once he gets in the groove, I'm sure he'll ask for it.

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 12:10 AM
I agree with Nene, but he has perfected his disappearing act.

AAA has been a little off with his shot (like most of the team), once he gets in the groove, I'm sure he'll ask for it.

Nene shows flashes and when it seems he is coming around the corner he reverts back to him old self.

Yes the whole team is off right now but I think that has something to do with the lockout. Gallo got it together and shot well. Defense won us this game and a great all around effort.

Afflalo also shows glimpses of having a good isolation game and I would like to see him try it a little more often.

What is everyones thoughts on Rudy ? He is not selfesh and is a good passer. He is also off right now with his shooting. When he gets his 3 game working it will add so much more to the team.

Strimpel
01-02-2012, 12:13 AM
All the birdman haters have to admit he did a great job today :salute:

He needs to put in effort like that every game.

beastlyskronk
01-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Nene shows flashes and when it seems he is coming around the corner he reverts back to him old self.

Yes the whole team is off right now but I think that has something to do with the lockout. Gallo got it together and shot well. Defense won us this game and a great all around effort.

Afflalo also shows glimpses of having a good isolation game and I would like to see him try it a little more often.

What is everyones thoughts on Rudy ? He is not selfesh and is a good passer. He is also off right now with his shooting. When he gets his 3 game working it will add so much more to the team.

I like Rudy. He can get up there and dunk the ball and when he's hitting 3's he's as good as they come. Essentially he's a young JR but a much better and more willing passer. Super inconsistent but gives good effort and already has good chemistry with Miller from playing with him in Portland.

Something that's been bothering me, no one on our team seems to have that mean streak. Gallo goes for lay ups too much imo, at 6'10" with his length he should be dunking on some of these people that he's trying to lay up on. He's such a finesse player that it gets a bit painful to watch. And he's always over acting when he's bumped. Nene does that same thing too and it's really annoying because when they don't get the call the acting makes them miss the easy bucket.

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 12:17 AM

Nene 'can' be an absolute TERROR.

That is the reason he is so damn frustrating. He can be soooo dominate, then disappear. Or show up for the 1st half, and disappear down the stretch when we need him.

Rudy is JR, w/o the headache (even though I liked JR for the most part). He's good, once he starts hitting his shots, he'll be much better too.

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 12:18 AM
I like Rudy. He can get up there and dunk the ball and when he's hitting 3's he's as good as they come. Essentially he's a young JR but a much better and more willing passer. Super inconsistent but gives good effort and already has good chemistry with Miller from playing with him in Portland.

Something that's been bothering me, no one on our team seems to have that mean streak. Gallo goes for lay ups too much imo, at 6'10" with his length he should be dunking on some of these people that he's trying to lay up on. He's such a finesse player that it gets a bit painful to watch. And he's always over acting when he's bumped. Nene does that same thing too and it's really annoying because when they don't get the call the acting makes them miss the easy bucket.

Well, he is a flopper. ;)

As is Rudy.

and I hate floppers....but gotta stick up for them when they are Nuggets.

beastlyskronk
01-02-2012, 12:20 AM

Was actually surprised that he was shooting better than everyone else lol.

I really liked what I saw out of Mozgov, got in early foul trouble but he's a good FT shooter and he seems to have more of a post game than I originally thought. Yeah he only had 3 points but he has a good touch on his shot for a 7'1" guy. Once he starts using his strength he's going to be a force. Not all Cs are as strong as Bynum and I look forward to watching him continue to develop this year.

beastlyskronk
01-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Well, he is a flopper. ;)

As is Rudy.

and I hate floppers....but gotta stick up for them when they are Nuggets.

Yeah but they take it to a whole different level some nights.

And a big weakness I'm still seeing is our screen defense. This was a problem for us in the playoffs against OKC and it is still a big weakness.

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 12:54 AM

Well we seen last playoffs when Gallo gets mad he can have that killer instinct but I was disapointed last playoffs with KMart and him not playing as physical as I would have liked. Hopefully someone can become that enforcer.

Nene 'can' be an absolute TERROR.

That is the reason he is so damn frustrating. He can be soooo dominate, then disappear. Or show up for the 1st half, and disappear down the stretch when we need him.

Rudy is JR, w/o the headache (even though I liked JR for the most part). He's good, once he starts hitting his shots, he'll be much better too.

Rudy is much smarter and although I loved JR I think Rudy will add more to the team. He plays much smarter and doesn't get into silly ISO situations and just jack up shots.

12and4
01-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Any professional opinions of mozgov?? Not his potential, but how he's played.

He seems really bad

beastlyskronk
01-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Any professional opinions of mozgov?? Not his potential, but how he's played.

He seems really bad

He's played bad. He's still trying to learn to play defense without fouling people. Once he learns to do that he'll be able to really use his size and strength to his advantage. Not a terrible FT shooter so if we try to get him in the game teams can't just foul him. But he'll be a liability to turn it over when guards poke their hands in. Has been ok at boxing out but hasn't been getting the ball at it's highest point so Bynum really worked him by tipping the ball up to get the offensive rebound.

Right now he's just a big body down low that can effect some shots as an off ball defender. Pretty much Joel Anthony but a better FT shooter and a bigger body

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 02:37 AM
He looks lost at times. He has played pretty bad. If we can win and get him playing time to develop him then all the better.

ParkHill-71
01-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Cant teach 7 feet! I am very happy with how he is playing......and very excited about his potential. Tho admitingly, not an expert.

vLordChronicv
01-02-2012, 07:26 AM
No. We lost that game and Nene disappeared

Do you even watch? No need to lie. To busy getting blazed probably.

GO GALLO!!!

was talking about the game vs the jazz. didnt get to watch the first game vs lakers. I watched the 2nd tho. i do love Gallo!

The Experience
01-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Eh, he got abused by Bynum again. His defense sucks really bad. All he can do is dunk and block from the weakside every once and a while. Birdman used to be a solid backup, but he is an idiot and has lost his legs. He has turned to trash, overpayed trash. We need to trade him, or amnesty him in the offseason. Hell see if Portland will take him for Camby, Camby wants to come back to Denver and is by far the better player.

Koufos no doubt deserves his minutes.

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Tonight's game should be interesting.

First back-to-back-to-back in like 40 years or something I think I heard.

broncoFan!
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
How much are tickets? I want to go support my guys. :D

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
like 10 - 300 dollars pretty much depends where your at

court side can go 1000

nic.zeman24
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Nene is out tonight and Koufos will start... Al Harrington was offered the starting spot but he turned it down to keep the bench rotation in sync

The Experience
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Good start for Ty....

Man birdman is an idiot....

Need to pick up on defense

InElwayWeTrust
01-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Man we are sucking....

All of a sudden the Milwaukee Sucks look like the heat. :laugh:

beastlyskronk
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
lol I read these comments before I saw the score and I thought we were down by like 20. It's only 5 points lol

InElwayWeTrust
01-02-2012, 07:52 PM
lol I read these comments before I saw the score and I thought we were down by like 20. It's only 5 points lol

Yeah, I look at mine and I was exaggerating a tad. :D

We are talking about the Bucks though....

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I look at mine and I was exaggerating a tad. :D

We are talking about the Bucks though....

Meh.

They aren't that bad. They have some great scorers and a top defense currently.

We should beat them....yes.....but this is our third game in as many days, and they had to days off before this game......talk about idiotic scheduling.

12and4
01-02-2012, 07:57 PM
we so sloppy... but we're pushing the tempo so hopefully we start making freaking layups

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 08:04 PM
GALLO!!!

Good 2nd quarter. Held them to 18 points only and tied them at 48-48.

12and4
01-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Bucks look tired. Tempo has been turned up and we're forcing some errors.

Nuggets Basketball!!

The Experience
01-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Talk about calling a one sided game, these refs are awful...

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Birdman is awful

The Experience
01-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Birdman is awful

I think Koufos has proved he should be getting Bird's minutes from here on out.

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Why is Bird awful right now ?

The Experience
01-02-2012, 08:51 PM
I wish flopping was an offensive foul. I hate european players for the most part.......

Delfino has no balls....

The Experience
01-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Why is Bird awful right now ?

Because he pretty much always is.....

InElwayWeTrust
01-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah I hate the flopping....

Still love Gallo though. :D

Did everyone else see him holding his face after getting hit on the arm. :laugh:

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Because he pretty much always is.....

I disagree. He has been pretty good more often than bad post Melo trade.

The Experience
01-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I disagree. He has been pretty good more often than bad post Melo trade.

On offense, maybe. But his D is awful. All he can do is make weakside shot blocks and jumps at everything. He is constantly outmuscled by smaller players.

You can't sit here and tell me that he deserves minutes over Koufos....

InElwayWeTrust
01-02-2012, 09:02 PM
On offense, maybe. But his D is awful. All he can do is make weakside shot blocks and jumps at everything. He is constantly outmuscled by smaller players.

Yeah his defense is pretty bad...

On the bright side at least he can go longer than 30 seconds without committing a foul like Mozgov. Lol

The Experience
01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Yeah his defense is pretty bad...

On the bright side at least he can go longer than 30 seconds without committing a foul like Mozgov. Lol

Moz is undisciplined, Bird is just as soft as a bunny rabbit.

The Experience
01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
I am really starting to like Big Al.....

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Moz is much better than Bird. He's young and learning. He'll improve.

Gallo is having another huge night.

People should keep hatin though.

johnlimburg

Yeh he isn't great but not awful. And when I said that just before the two free throws he missed I didn't see how he was awful.

And tonight it should be Koufas over Bird as Koufas has played well.

Put Afflalo in

InElwayWeTrust
I am really starting to like Big Al.....

Me too!!!! I was literally just saying this watching the game! :D

Not only his play but he's always playing the crowd, getting em riled up! Haha

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I like Rudy's passing ability.

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Harrington is sooooooooo much better than last year. No need to ammesty him like I wanted to :(

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Moz is much better than Bird. He's young and learning. He'll improve.

Gallo is having another huge night.

People should keep hatin though.

Who was hatin on him ?

The Experience
01-02-2012, 09:14 PM
These refs are retarded, his foot was on the line very easy to see.....

InElwayWeTrust
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Ray Charles seen his foot on the line....

We are blowing this....

The Experience
01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
My god these refs are as dumb as rocks.....

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Pathetic half court offense

InElwayWeTrust
01-02-2012, 09:20 PM
My god these refs are as dumb as rocks.....

Oh cmon man.... Don't be so hard on rocks, what did they ever do to you? :D

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Great win.

Gallo player of game again!

InElwayWeTrust
01-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Ugly but I'll take it. Back to back to back is tough...

The Experience
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Huge, Huge, Huge Win!!!!!!

This game shows the character of our team....

InElwayWeTrust
01-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Great win.

Gallo player of game again!

Yup, he is gonna be unstoppable when he starts hittin his 3's again.

Broncoholic3233
01-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Big Al was a close 2nd.

Another great night of defense for my boy AAA still struggling with his shot though he'll get it back soon though.

12and4
01-02-2012, 11:07 PM
still the same issues as we've had all season...

Bad rebounding and missed layups.. had a great defensive 2nd half but still can't make our shots. we should be blowing out these teams, but i'll take the W's

johnlimburg
01-02-2012, 11:20 PM
I have no problem with the ugliness of this win considering it was on a back to back to back and our 5th game in 6 days. Thats rough.

We will blow these bum teams out when we are fresh. Like we did Utah and Dallas.

Got to get the 3 ball dropping though. And we need to run run run because in our half court offense we really suck. That is my biggest concern. When we need to slow it down to close out the game or try to take it in the last minute we will struggle.

beastlyskronk
01-02-2012, 11:42 PM
I have no problem with the ugliness of this win considering it was on a back to back to back and our 5th game in 6 days. Thats rough.

We will blow these bum teams out when we are fresh. Like we did Utah and Dallas.

Got to get the 3 ball dropping though. And we need to run run run because in our half court offense we really suck. That is my biggest concern. When we need to slow it down to close out the game or try to take it in the last minute we will struggle.

A post game helps out a half court offense. So having Nene out really hurt us tonight when we slowed it down. That being said Nene is inconsistent so some nights we'll have a good half court offense because of him or it'll be just as bad as tonight. Miller can play slow obviously since he was in Portland and they had the slowest pace last year. Miller has a good post game for a PG. If Gallo can develop some semblance of a post game he'd be a lot more dangerous. I'm mainly talking about hitting that fade away out of the post up that Dirk does lol. That shot is impossible to defend when you're that tall and have that much length.

johnlimburg
01-03-2012, 12:35 AM
A post game helps out a half court offense. So having Nene out really hurt us tonight when we slowed it down. That being said Nene is inconsistent so some nights we'll have a good half court offense because of him or it'll be just as bad as tonight. Miller can play slow obviously since he was in Portland and they had the slowest pace last year. Miller has a good post game for a PG. If Gallo can develop some semblance of a post game he'd be a lot more dangerous. I'm mainly talking about hitting that fade away out of the post up that Dirk does lol. That shot is impossible to defend when you're that tall and have that much length.

Nene doesn't improve our half court offense that much. We seen the same thing with him in the playoffs last year. Miller does have a good post game but we lack a player who is good isolation to help out the half court offense when we get bogged down.

beastlyskronk
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Nene doesn't improve our half court offense that much. We seen the same thing with him in the playoffs last year. Miller does have a good post game but we lack a player who is good isolation to help out the half court offense when we get bogged down.

Nene didn't do well in the playoffs because the combo of Perkins and Ibaka made it too hard for him. He would use a lot of energy backing down Perkins or getting around him only to have Ibaka come from the side and block the shot. The natural solution to this would have been to iso Ibaka and get him in foul trouble but like you said no one has a good iso game. Gallinari might be able to do it but I'm not sure he's a good enough ball handler. Lawson is the obvious choice for isolations but we don't use him like that at all.

johnlimburg
01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Nene didn't do well in the playoffs because the combo of Perkins and Ibaka made it too hard for him. He would use a lot of energy backing down Perkins or getting around him only to have Ibaka come from the side and block the shot. The natural solution to this would have been to iso Ibaka and get him in foul trouble but like you said no one has a good iso game. Gallinari might be able to do it but I'm not sure he's a good enough ball handler. Lawson is the obvious choice for isolations but we don't use him like that at all.

I agree. Good point. Lawson is best when he is aggresive and attacking. Would love to see it more often though.

vLordChronicv
01-03-2012, 05:23 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=367761&type=sigpic&dateline=1325627608

http://fotozup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/facepalm11-500x399.png

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/FACEPALM-1.jpg

InElwayWeTrust
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=367761&type=sigpic&dateline=1325627608

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

1. Nuggets trade for Ryan Mallett to play PF
2. Nuggets recruit Jesus to work as assistant coach to Karl.
3. Nuggets change their name to the Denver Polar Bears.

4. CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :D

johnlimburg
01-04-2012, 01:59 AM

What is wrong with that ?

It is my mock draft for the off season to upgrade a position on this football team.

Anyway this is a Nuggets thread.

PS: I see your posting here and on NFL.com and what not. I think them face palms should be for you ;)

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 02:38 AM
What is wrong with that ?

It is my mock draft for the off season to upgrade a position on this football team.

Anyway this is a Nuggets thread.

PS: I see your posting here and on NFL.com and what not. I think them face palms should be for you ;)

Meh. Dont worry bout him, dudes a troll.

Strimpel
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Lets pull out a solid win tonight nuggets!!
We have our rest so I hope to see a very good nuggets team.

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Are you saying what I think you're saying?

1. Nuggets trade for Ryan Mallett to play PF
2. Nuggets recruit Jesus to work as assistant coach to Karl.
3. Nuggets change their name to the Denver Polar Bears.

4. CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :D

Denver polar bears would be awesome. Could you imagine NENE running around in Polar bear fur jersey?

Meh. Dont worry bout him, dudes a troll.

you should learn to relax and enjoy life. im pretty harmless, dont get 2 worked up.

Lets pull out a solid win tonight nuggets!!
We have our rest so I hope to see a very good nuggets team.

yes! i want to see gallanari make 5 3s ina row!

The Experience
01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I can't wait until we get Wilson Chandler back, this team is gonna be nasty on both sides of the ball....

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Gotta hope he wants back and will re-sign. Can't gaurantee him the playing time he probably wants.

And we are off to a great start tonight. Very unselfish team.

The Experience
01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Gotta hope he wants back and will re-sign. Can't gaurantee him the playing time he probably wants.

And we are off to a great start tonight. Very unselfish team.

Contrary to many reports, Chandler is really laid back. There has not been actual proof he doesn't wanna be here. I think we need to make re-signing him, Ty and Gallo priority.....

The Experience
01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
In fact, I seem to remember WC saying in an interview that he hopes to be a Nugget for a long time.

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 08:00 PM
No, I'm not talking about the original rumors he doesn't wanna be a Nugget, I'm talking in general.

He's a very young and talented kid, even if he's laid back he's going to want playing time and we are so deep, that's not gauranteed.

I hope we re-sign him, I am just not holding my breathe.

InElwayWeTrust
01-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Early candidate for most improved player in the league is Al Harrington. I can't believe how good he's looked.

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Early candidate for most improved player in the league is Al Harrington. I can't believe how good he's looked.

+1 kinda suprised at how well he is playing. hope he can keep it up down the stretch

Atwnbroncfan
01-04-2012, 08:16 PM

At this stage in his career I don't think Harrington is really a candidate for that. Last year was an outlier from the rest of his career.

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I doubt he can win 'most improved' because, we'll, he's old, and has had big years before.

He can however be a definite 6th man candidate, however, I think Miller takes that IF it's a Nuggets.

He's also good in the community, maybe sportsmanship award.

The Experience
01-04-2012, 08:28 PM
No, I'm not talking about the original rumors he doesn't wanna be a Nugget, I'm talking in general.

He's a very young and talented kid, even if he's laid back he's going to want playing time and we are so deep, that's not gauranteed.

I hope we re-sign him, I am just not holding my breathe.

Welll he is an RFA so we'll see. He would probably be our top Bench guy along with Al, the fact he can plat 2,3 and 4 will help him get minutes.

I know GK and Masai really love him so he will probably be a strong priority.

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 08:33 PM
is it me or is denver looking playoff bound again this year?

The Experience
01-04-2012, 08:34 PM
is it me or is denver looking playoff bound again this year?

I have no doubt we will make the playoffs.

How far we get is another question....

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 08:39 PM
that was an epic slip by gallanari. looked like he did the splitz

Atwnbroncfan
01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Kofus is very solid.

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 08:42 PM
nice play by al!!!!!!!!!

Atwnbroncfan
01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Jimmer is awful in the nba, as we all expected.

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Here is Kenneth Faried, show us something kid.

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Faried just stuffed em!

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
WOW

Rudy got some very awesome passes tonight.

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 09:00 PM
wow that was just awesome. LOL. fareid stepping it up. kid is pretty good.

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM
First career double double for Kosta Koufus. Gotta get the kid some minutes, he produces.

Nice block for Faried.

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM
lol wow fareid is just stuffing people all day. must be thanksgiving

Broncoholic JS
01-04-2012, 09:14 PM
lol wow fareid is just stuffing people all day. must be thanksgiving

hahahahahahaha oh God thats funny!!

vLordChronicv
01-04-2012, 09:17 PM
And the tacos come thanks faried!

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Great win.

Lucky us we got the bad Kings team, even though we can definitely beat the good one as well.

Some great passes from Rudy tonight, and a great game for our bench and big guys.

Turnovers a little concerning, but can't complain too much with a blowout win.

Go Nugs!

Broncoholic3233
01-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Gotta love games when you put up 110 points and your high scorer only had 15.

Al - 15
Rudy - 12
AAA - 11
Mozzy - 11
Kosta - 10
Ty - 8
Gallo - 8
Bird - 8
Miller - 8
Faried - 7
Brewer - 6
Carrol - 6

12and4
01-04-2012, 09:23 PM
IDK what was better, Lawson's tackle, fernandez's pass, or farieds catch and dunk...

12and4
01-04-2012, 09:31 PM
62 bench points... 31 fast break points...

also won despite 27 turnovers.. lol.

But think about this...

we had 27 turnovers, but only 22 points were made out of those 27...

They had 17 turnovers, and we scored 23 points off those 17

68% on free throws.

InElwayWeTrust
01-04-2012, 11:07 PM
But think about this...

we had 27 turnovers, but only 22 points were made out of those 27...

They had 17 turnovers, and we scored 23 points off those 17.

Yeah, I noticed more than a few times where Gallo was on the wrong side of a 2 or 3 on 1 and he stopped it. He either stole it, or tipped it out lf bounds, or forced a tough shot. Good defense all around tonight.

12and4
01-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Kings part ways with head coach Paul Westphal

lol, we beat them up too bad.

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
ESPN Insider has a Top 50 Rookie rankings out that I was just reading. They have the top 10-

1. Ricky Rubio
2. Norris Cole
3. Markieff Morris
4. MarShon Brooks
5. Kyrie Irving
6. Kemba Walker
7. Tristan Thompson
8. Jon Leuer
9. Greg Stiemsma
10. Brandon Knight
33. Kenneth Faried...

I can't really blame them, he has barely played. Every time he has gotten in, he has shown flashes of brilliance. I know, I shouldn't be complaining because we are winning, and I won't argue that we look really impressive thus far.
But am I the only one that is disappointed with how little Faried has gotten in thus far?

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Also, can't wait for the game tonight! We are rested up, and should put a beat down on the 2-4 Hornets! :salute:

nic.zeman24
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Also, can't wait for the game tonight! We are rested up, and should put a beat down on the 2-4 Hornets! :salute:

They dont have Gordon or Ariza I believe so we wont lose on an inbound :sad:

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 05:15 PM
They dont have Gordon or Ariza I believe so we wont lose on an inbound :sad:

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/WhyDidYouRemindMe.jpg

nic.zeman24
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/WhyDidYouRemindMe.jpg

Im sorry I still feel the pain of that series

12and4
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
we'll kill today...

nic.zeman24
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
We need to take care of business today then we play the Manuless Spurs tomorrow and if we play like we can we could steal a road back to back

Broncoholic3233
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
we'll kill today...

Shut up you Californians don't count when it comes to the Nuggets. <3

However, back on topic...

We'll win by 8.

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
We'll win by 28.

fixed. :D

10 char

Broncoholic3233
01-06-2012, 05:56 PM
fixed. :D

10 char

Don't get to cocky. :nono:

Much better NO team than most though. They are my dark horse for the playoffs.

That said I hope we beat them like we did in the 2009 playoffs. (by 50) :D

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Our defense has been nothing short of EMBARRASSING thus far.. :rolleyes:

Broncoholic3233
01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
they are working us thus far, don't underestimate this hornets team

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 07:01 PM
they are working us thus far, don't underestimate this hornets team

They are still a bad team...

We are just playing worse tonight. We are giving NO EFFORT on defense, and our shots are rimming out like they have all season.

I don't know what it is, but we play like legit contenders at home, and like a lottery team on the road. Same story every year, hopefully we can fix it before too far into the season.

Broncoholic3233
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I kinda wanna punch Al in the face right now.

However, yes, we are playing bad. This Hornets team isn't as bad as people think, they are a very sound defensive team, but they don't have much offensive firepower.

They make the playoffs as the 8th seed. My bold, very early season prediction.

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Great 3rd Quarter, and start to the 4th!!!

Now that is the defense I've been waiting for!!!!!!!! :goz:

nic.zeman24
01-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Just turned it on what was our problem early in the game?

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Just turned it on what was our problem early in the game?

We weren't putting any effort in on the defensive side.

We are playing like usual now.

BTW, Koufos is a beast!!!!! Everyone has been talking about Mozgov all off season long but IMO Koufos is better.

nic.zeman24
01-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Koufos should start instead of Mozzy

Broncoholic3233
01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Won by 8.

I'm awesome. :D

Broncoholic3233
01-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Another 20+ point game for Gallo.

CoryWinget81
01-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Nice!

GO NUGGERS!

InElwayWeTrust
01-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Lol, good call BH3233.

Good 2nd half, we need to run San Antonio out of the building tomorrow.

johnlimburg
01-06-2012, 08:22 PM
A few have always though Koufas has looked better. I think he should start over Mozgov.

Broncoholic3233
01-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't mind Kofous starting.

I like Mozzy and think the more time he gets, the better he'll get. He's more solid than Kofous is down low. Kofous is more of a finesse big guy.

Kosta is definitely the bigger offensive threat though.

Broncoholic3233
01-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Lol, good call BH3233.

Good 2nd half, we need to run San Antonio out of the building tomorrow.

Haha.

I hope we do, that's going to be tough, that's always a tough game.

However, I think we definitely can win tomorrow night, hopefully Nene can contribute more seeing as though he was a non-factor tonight and played little minutes.

12and4
01-06-2012, 10:21 PM
phhhew... i bet on this game :D spread was 6, covered like a boss.

good 3 quarters of basketball. the 1st quarter was a fluke? :D

koufas needs to start

nic.zeman24
01-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Lets beat the spurs tonight. Im looking for Ty to bounce back from a bad shooting night and for Koufos to get some more minutes. Gallo has strung a couple of good nights together I hope he can keep that up.

Broncoholic3233
01-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm picking the Nuggers over the Lions/Saints tonight.

Ya'll better be tooooooooooooooooooooo

Atwnbroncfan
01-07-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm picking the Nuggers over the Lions/Saints tonight.

Ya'll better be tooooooooooooooooooooo

Thats the good thing about bars, you can watch both. :salute:

johnlimburg
01-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Wow. Down by almost 20 and I think it even got to 20 and we cut it to single digits at the half. Keep going. We can win this.

nic.zeman24
01-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Wow. Down by almost 20 and I think it even got to 20 and we cut it to single digits at the half. Keep going. We can win this.

I think it was 53-33 at one point

johnlimburg
01-07-2012, 08:01 PM
I think it was 53-33 at one point

Yes it was. It will be a good comeback if we can pull it out.

johnlimburg
01-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Someone teach Gallo how to box out for christs sake. Killer on the offensive end but right now playing poor on the boards

nic.zeman24
01-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Its going to be hard to complete this comeback

12and4
01-07-2012, 08:32 PM
No matter what happens, great comeback... from down 20 to down 2, now 4

12and4
01-07-2012, 08:38 PM
bull call.. that was not a charge

vLordChronicv
01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Put fareid in there! Hell stuff some ppl

nic.zeman24
01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Ty got mugged under the basket... I think they took his wallet too

johnlimburg
01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
What crap. Lawson gets mugged under the rim. No call. Falls over and they get a wide open 3 cause of it the other way. Refs just screwed any chance we had.

nic.zeman24
01-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Well if a Spurs player flails a little its a foul...

Atwnbroncfan
01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Shocking, the refs affected another game in the nba.

johnlimburg
01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I hope someone breaks one of the officials knee caps.

The Experience
01-07-2012, 08:47 PM
What awful officiating......

12and4
01-07-2012, 08:48 PM
yup, terrible officiating down the stretch.

The Experience
01-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Refs just love the Spurs. Popovich must give half of his salary to the officials because they get BS calls every game.

Pop is a great coach but I will never respect him ever!

johnlimburg
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
We should be in the lead. That 5 point swing with lawson no call and wide open 3 for Suprs because of it. BS

Atwnbroncfan
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
They gonna screw us outta that 3 too

The Experience
01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Why did Gallo intentionally miss the FT?????

stupid....

johnlimburg
01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Why did he purpose miss that ? Pretty stupid. Hit it and try get a steal off the inbound and get a miracle 3. Oh well. Crap officiating.

12and4
01-07-2012, 09:00 PM
good stuff gallo, 31 points.

During the 7 minutes afflalo wasn't in the game, we went -9...

Cyrend
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
So, I didnt get a chance to watch the game due to work, but I'm looking at the stat sheet and what went wrong?

It looks like we shot the lights out, and we weren't severely outrebounded or beat in the turnover department. What gives?

12and4
01-08-2012, 01:31 AM
So, I didnt get a chance to watch the game due to work, but I'm looking at the stat sheet and what went wrong?

It looks like we shot the lights out, and we weren't severely outrebounded or beat in the turnover department. What gives?

Well, we got into a huge hole early... down 53-33. then we played lights out.

they were draining all their shots, 2nd chance points, etc...

they got lucky imo

we would play great D, they throw a random shot and it'd go in.

johnlimburg
01-08-2012, 02:02 AM
There was defining series which the officials cost us any shot at the game and IMO the game.

Someone got a steal and Lawson got the outlet pass. He was running and it was one on one. He got raped as he went to the basket. Got knocked down and the defender got the rebound. They came up the floor. Had a 5 on 4. Lawson got mugged and was on the ground still and could not get back on defense. They found the open guy and knocked down an easy 3. That was a 5 point swing right there and the game.

johnlimburg
01-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Nene is so annoying. Watches Gallo try to play defense and contest shots when he is 2 foot away. Get up there and help. Them comes down the floor and tries to be fancy. Step back and then throws it away.

Come on. You are the highest paid player on the team.

12and4
01-09-2012, 08:11 PM
we suck....

12and4
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
They are playing like they don't care.

johnlimburg
01-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Pathetic.

Terrible.

Awful.

Nene. Play like you get paid.

12and4
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Embarrassing.

Project KSL
01-10-2012, 04:29 AM
There's just not a legitimate scoring threat on the team. There's a lot of average players, and Lawson who is good not great. Depth is just only gonna get you so far. There's a reason that in the last 10 years the only team to win a title without a superstar was Detroit. Denver should pursue a real scoring threat, hard. I have no idea if they're still available, I know they were fairly recently but Denver would be wise to try and trade for Monta Ellis or Rudy Gay. Neither are on the tier of say Melo, but either would add legitimacy. Trade Gallo, picks, and whatever else to try and get someone. Gallo is probably the most overrated player I've ever seen in my entire life. Just the definition of it. Completely mediocre. But for some reason Nugget fans think he's the 2nd coming......the team is destined for a early playoff exit if they make it. OKC would have their way with Denver right now.

johnlimburg
01-10-2012, 05:39 AM
We have shown greatness this year. Not ready to jump off after a bad loss where we looked so un like the team we have shown. And would Monta chucker Ellis really fit in. No. Rudy G I would love but there is no way of getting him. I like this team a lot and am excited about the potential of Lawson and Gallo. Lawson needs to take over more though.

Project KSL
01-10-2012, 05:43 AM
We have shown greatness this year. Not ready to jump off after a bad loss where we looked so un like the team we have shown. And would Monta chucker Ellis really fit in. No. Rudy G I would love but there is no way of getting him. I like this team a lot and am excited about the potential of Lawson and Gallo. Lawson needs to take over more though.

I think Denver is gonna finish the season fine. They are built for the regular season. But are they a legitimate contender? Not by a long shot. They need someone to be "that guy". Until they get him, they'll never be real contenders.

johnlimburg
01-10-2012, 06:15 AM
I think Denver is gonna finish the season fine. They are built for the regular season. But are they a legitimate contender? Not by a long shot. They need someone to be "that guy". Until they get him, they'll never be real contenders.

I agree they need a go to guy in the clutch. Maybe Gallo can be that. We will see as the year goes on. Nene is paid like one but will never be one. I would love to see Ty in the pressure situations go to work in isolation. He doesn't have a killer instinct mentality though.

The Experience
01-10-2012, 10:16 AM

I don't buy it. We don't need to trade for anyone. We have what we need for a championship right here. Great depth, much improving defense, a top head coach and a lot of potential superstars in Lawson, Gallo, Chandler (when he comes back) and AAA.

It may not be this year, but if Masai keeps this core together we will no doubt win one in the future.

Lawson has been one of the top PGs in the game right now. He hasn't been 100% the entire year.

Denver is gonna show that great team basketball can win championships.

12and4
01-10-2012, 02:23 PM
LOL

freaking relax, theres 66 games.

you think we're gonna shoot 40% every game???

Broncoholic3233
01-10-2012, 05:30 PM
There's just not a legitimate scoring threat on the team. There's a lot of average players, and Lawson who is good not great. Depth is just only gonna get you so far. There's a reason that in the last 10 years the only team to win a title without a superstar was Detroit. Denver should pursue a real scoring threat, hard. I have no idea if they're still available, I know they were fairly recently but Denver would be wise to try and trade for Monta Ellis or Rudy Gay. Neither are on the tier of say Melo, but either would add legitimacy. Trade Gallo, picks, and whatever else to try and get someone. Gallo is probably the most overrated player I've ever seen in my entire life. Just the definition of it. Completely mediocre. But for some reason Nugget fans think he's the 2nd coming......the team is destined for a early playoff exit if they make it. OKC would have their way with Denver right now.

wahhhh wahhh wahhhhh

Gallo is awesome.

Stop hatin' on all Denver sports.

Project KSL
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
wahhhh wahhh wahhhhh

Gallo is awesome.

Stop hatin' on all Denver sports.

Heaven forbid someone is realistic. You listed Afflalo as a "potential superstar". Okay? Please reflect on that.

Broncoholic3233
01-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Heaven forbid someone is realistic. You listed Afflalo as a "potential superstar". Okay? Please reflect on that.

AAA all day every day!

Young. Great defender. Team Leader. Just gotta iron out that shot.

There's my reflection.

Project KSL
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
AAA all day every day!

Young. Great defender. Team Leader. Just gotta iron out that shot.

There's my reflection.

Yea. Well ask any non-nuggets fan what they think about Afflalo being a "potential superstar". You'll get the same answer every time.

Broncoholic3233
01-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Yea. Well ask any non-nuggets fan what they think about Afflalo being a "potential superstar". You'll get the same answer every time.

Prove it. :thumb:

12and4
01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
you really think he's gonna be shooting 20% from 3's all year when he averages 40? he's gonna start playing to his averages sooner or later, along with the rest of the team.

Project KSL
01-10-2012, 06:10 PM
you really think he's gonna be shooting 20% from 3's all year when he averages 40? he's gonna start playing to his averages sooner or later, along with the rest of the team.

Okay? Great. When he was shooting 40% was he ever anything even remotely close to a "superstar"? No. He's not, and he will never be more than an mediocre shooter, and an above average defender. What is your guy's infatuation with overrating your players?

Broncoholic3233
01-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Okay? Great. When he was shooting 40% was he ever anything even remotely close to a "superstar"? No. He's not, and he will never be more than an mediocre shooter, and an above average defender. What is your guy's infatuation with overrating your players?

Do you even know what the word 'potential' means?

It sure seems like you don't. :confused:

Here, I'll help you out! AAA has the potential to be a superstar. This means he COULD possibly become one. It DOESN'T mean he will.

Tada! Now you know what potential means!

Class dismissed.

12and4
01-10-2012, 06:55 PM

He doesn't have to be a superstar... I'm happy with him playing to his averages.... because that means we'd win more games.

Atwnbroncfan
01-10-2012, 07:32 PM

Trade Gallo and picks for Monta Ellis???? Are you serious? Ellis is a joke. I didn't realize that at 23 you had to be a superstar already. Melo is still trying to become that.

Broncoholic3233
01-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Trade Gallo and picks for Monta Ellis???? Are you serious? Ellis is a joke. I didn't realize that at 23 you had to be a superstar already. Melo is still trying to become that.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Gallo also definitely has superstar potential, will he reach it, who knows. He's a very solid player right now though, soooooooooo much better than Ellis.

The Experience
01-10-2012, 07:39 PM

Mediocre shooters don't shoot 40% from three. Above average defenders don't consistently shut down Kobe.

You really should stop, you do not know the 1st thing about basketball.....

Project KSL
01-10-2012, 08:15 PM
The idea of reasonable Nugget fans truly is an oxymoron.

When Denver gets bounced in the 1st round again, I'll be back. Sticking my chest out and you'll all see who was right.

Afflalo is absolutely nothing close to a superstar. He is an extremely average 2, who couldn't start for 75% of NBA teams.

Carmelo is still a top 10, if not top 5 player. And all the sour grapes in the world won't change that. Accept facts.

You guy's are absolutely out of control. You said all this garbage last year after the trade. And guess what? Beat in 5.....

So continue to have asinine expectations, and blindly expect things that just won't happen. I'll live in the real world.

Limburg is the most resonable one out of all of you. Crazy as that sounds.

I'll come back when Denver's season is over, so I can be realistic and be labeled as a 'hater'.

Have a good one.

Strimpel
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
When Denver gets bounced in the 1st round again, I'll be back. Sticking my chest out and you'll all see who was right.

I'll come back when Denver's season is over, so I can be realistic and be labeled as a 'hater'.

Have a good one.

What happens when we don't get bounced?
You'll be nowhere near here.

Atwnbroncfan
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM

Afflalo is absolutely nothing close to a superstar. He is an extremely average 2, who couldn't start for 75% of NBA teams.

Carmelo is still a top 10, if not top 5 player. And all the sour grapes in the world won't change that. Accept facts.

You guy's are absolutely out of control. You said all this garbage last year after the trade. And guess what? Beat in 5.....

So continue to have asinine expectations, and blindly expect things that just won't happen. I'll live in the real world.

Have a good one.

Melo isn't a top 5 player

Lebron
Wade
Durant
Kobe
Paul
Dirk
Rose

all better than him, he may be a top 10 player. But he has never made his team better like a true superstar does. But see ya, im glad posters like you aernt around this thread. You know nothing seeing as you recommended trading for Monta Ellis, who is garbage.

The Experience
01-10-2012, 08:31 PM

Have a good one.
Care to provide facts to back up all of your dumb statements?

Melo is a top 5 scorer, but in order to be considered a top 5 player you have to be good at defense. Defense wins championships....

Strimpel
01-10-2012, 08:32 PM
he may be a top 10 player. But he has never made his team better like a true superstar does. But see ya, im glad posters like you aernt around this thread. You know nothing seeing as you recommended trading for Monta Ellis, who is garbage.

Exactly.
Our team is the only team that lost it's superstar and are still playoff contenders.

Spyder
01-10-2012, 09:10 PM

Have a good one.

I'm not a Nuggets fan, far from it and while I do think you have some points about how far depth without a true go to kind of guy will get you.....

Don't even get me started about how overrated Carmelo Anthony is. Ask any Nuggets fan who's been around here for a while, I've been saying this since 2007. The guy is the single most overrated player in the Association. I used to get into extremely heated debates with the Nuggets faithful around here about how the guy isn't what everyone thinks he is.

Denver may very well get bounced in the first round again, only time will tell. But really, how many years did Carmelo help that team advance? One time in what, 6 or 7 years? And even then, most of that season's exceptional play can be credited to Chauncey and the defensive, team first concept that the guy brought. Carmelo has never lead his team the way guys like Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade, KD or any of the other truly legit Superstars ever have.

Come at me with any argument you want about it. Carmelo is horribly overrated.

johnlimburg
01-10-2012, 10:51 PM

Afflalo is absolutely nothing close to a superstar. He is an extremely average 2, who couldn't start for 75% of NBA teams

My take on Afflalo is this. He is a good basketball player. I disagree with people who think he is a potential superstar because I don't see that in his future. However saying that I don't agree he is average or that he wouldn't start on 75% of NBA teams. His defense is great. He is apparently a leader according to the coach and other players. I think it is beyond stupid to think he is at the top of his game.

Melo is no way a top 5 player. No way in the world. He is a top 5 scorer. Maybe even a top 3 scorer. But he does not play defense and until that part of his game changes. I don't see him winning rings.

We were a better team post trade. Melo would not have led us past the Thunder. He is not a better player than Durant. Billups was fading and playing bad. Nene and Kmart were much better post Melo. That trade was GREAT for us.

Why is that crazy that I am reasonable. I think it is pretty wide known you live in a world of starting fights. You are a very angry person as it seems by your posts. I don't know if you are a Nugget fan but the few times I have seen you post in this thread it is to rip the team apart. And you know I own you in everything we discuss buddy. Come on now.

Have a good one.

You are not realistic though. You have these opinions which are very over the top and said in an aggressive manner like you hate this team. It isn't objective analysis or called for criticism.

12and4
01-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Go cry somewhere else, we'll keep watching and enjoying this team.

Axemaster
01-11-2012, 03:34 AM
If Melo wants to be considered anything else other then a SCORING MACHINE, then he needs to develop his Defense! How about trying to gaurd your man, deny passing lanes, steal the ball , block a shot, hustle back to gaurd a fast break after a missed shot.

Its basket ball fundamentals 101 really.

Thats why JORDAN was the best there was, and probably the best there ever will be, and so was MAGIC, they both could do EVERYTHING. They were not one dimensional like so many superstars are today!:goz:

Axemaster
01-11-2012, 03:44 AM
You know something else? Maybe if the Nuggets continue kide they are they may suprise some people this year.

They got rid of the two Me Me Me in Melo and JR, are playing good defense, and if they continue on their current winning percentage they will nail down a 5 or 6 seed maybe!

What more can you ask of a Nuggets team that used to be a NBA LAUGHINGSTOCK yearly ???

The Nuggs kinda remind me of the Broncs, no Superstars, but are playing as a TEAM with hard working players, good defense , good coaches, and JUST ENOUGH Offense to win some games!:peace:

johnlimburg
01-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Just enough offense ? I believe they were 2nd in the NBA in PPG before the Hornets game.

Bernie24
01-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Melo top 5 player lol...

Dwade, Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Rose >>>> Melo

I don't even like the Nuggets but geez KSL :laugh:

Broncoholic3233
01-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Galloping Gallo having a big night so far.

17 points after teh first.

Broncoholic3233
01-11-2012, 08:03 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Ai7SskeCMAAWFfW.jpg

Weezy at the game

Broncoholic3233
01-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Man, Cory Brewer had 17 points in the 2nd quarter.

This is the Nuggets we know, way to bounce back after 2 tough losses, just gotta hold on now!

GO NUGGETS!!!

CoryWinget81
01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
That foul that Deron "I flop like a little female dog" Williams drew was garbage.

johnlimburg
01-11-2012, 08:16 PM
The Nets tv announcers are very funny guys. Can't wait till we blow this one out by 25 and listen to their garbage. On the Deron Williams "charge" they said what are the crowd booing. It was a textbook charge. My ass it was.

CoryWinget81
01-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I hope Deron never gets any respect, and this coming from an Illini basketball fan.

He never did anything to earn respect. He flops like a bi%$#! and cries like no tomorrow.

I hope he spends his career wasting away on losing teams.

johnlimburg
01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I started to dislike him after he beat us in 2009-2010. I don't like him.

Broncoholic3233
01-11-2012, 08:25 PM
I can't STAND Deron Williams. Just like I can't stand the Jazz.

Loathe that team. (even though they are all pretty much gone)

broncoFan!
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I think... I am going to buy some tickets! :D

The Experience
01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Just got my tix for the game sunday vs. Utah, Hope we put a whooping on em....

Broncoholic3233
01-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Eat it Deron.

ejected.

Bronco51
01-11-2012, 09:14 PM
LOL @ people booing Mr. Kardashian

Broncoholic3233
01-11-2012, 09:15 PM
wow.

we should've KILLED the nets, but they were on fire.

At least we won.

Big games from Brewer, AAA and Gallo!

5-1 at home

GO NUGS!

12and4
01-11-2012, 09:17 PM
good game.

ERoyal248
01-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I don't buy it. We don't need to trade for anyone. We have what we need for a championship right here. Great depth, much improving defense, a top head coach and a lot of potential superstars in Lawson, Gallo, Chandler (when he comes back) and AAA.

It may not be this year, but if Masai keeps this core together we will no doubt win one in the future.

Lawson has been one of the top PGs in the game right now. He hasn't been 100% the entire year.

Denver is gonna show that great team basketball can win championships.

Well, KSL is right, when is the last time a team won a title without a true superstar.

You could argue Billups with the Pistons, that's about it.

Denver does have a lot of good pieces in place, but not sure if it's enough to win a title.

The Experience
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, KSL is right, when is the last time a team won a title without a true superstar.

You could argue Billups with the Pistons, that's about it.

Denver does have a lot of good pieces in place, but not sure if it's enough to win a title.
Having a superstar means nothing. In the end its the team that plays the best "Team Basketball" that wins it all. That is why Miami wont win. LeBron doesnt know what Team Basketball. Talent wise Miami was much better than Dallas. But Dallas played better Team Ball, thats why they won

12and4
01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Guess who officially dislikes andre miller!!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors/_/date/20120112#23678

Andre Miller will be a free agent on July 1 and the veteran point guard says he won't re-sign with the Denver Nuggets. Why is that?

"At this point in my career, I don't see myself as a backup," Miller tells FOX Sports Florida. "For 13 years, I wasn't a backup before. This is a short season (due to the lockout), so I'll deal with it. But I don't see myself as a backup at this point in my career. I don't see that."

Ty Lawson is the present and future starting point guard in Denver and his skills work well in George Karl's system.

"Probably not," Miller replied when asked about re-signing with Denver.

The Nuggets have played well to begin the season, but they should probably trade Miller by the March 15 deadline so they don't lose him in the summer for nothing.

Miller's teammate, Danilo Gallinari, is eligible to sign an extension until January 25 and he sees his future with the Nuggets.

"I'd like to be here," says Gallinari. "If I can play here, it'd be great. ... If they give me an extension it's good. If not, I will wait until after the season."

Gallinari currently starts in Denver's frontcourt and he'll have that spot for a long time.

Broncoholic3233
01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Meh, he's right, he's a better player than a backup.

Just like Felton didn't wanna be a back up, can't blame them.

Trade him before the deadline if we have too. I love Miller, and would hate to see him gone, but figured he probably wouldn't want to be a backup.

12and4
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
He hasn't really shown starter performance imo... he's been pretty shaky.

12and4
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Wilson Chandler is stuck in China until his CBA season ends. When that time comes, Denver Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri and agent Chris Luchey are sure to hash out a new deal for the small forward.

Luchey says Ujiri is in constant contact regarding Chandler.

"We speak to Masai quite often, in great detail about the future of the team and about a potential extension with them," Luchey tells Hoopsworld. "One day at a time is all we're doing."

The CBA regular season ends on Feb. 15 and the postseason is over on March 28. The CBA will begin to give clearance to NBA players soon after their teams are eliminated from the playoffs.

Chandler is a restricted free agent and he could be signed to an offer sheet by another NBA in February or March, but it probably won't come as the Nuggets are sure to match it.

Broncoholic3233
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
He hasn't really shown starter performance imo... he's been pretty shaky.

Nah. He flirts with a double double a lot, and gets quite a few of them typically.

He's a pass first PG who isn't going to put up a ton of points.

He can definitely be a starter in this league still. Sucks, but it's true, and he is more than likely gone.

johnlimburg
01-12-2012, 06:18 PM
What could Andre Miller seriously get us though ?