PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Axemaster
04-26-2009, 07:04 AM
OK, so they win in 5 instead of 4, and HOPEFULLY Denvers next opponent goes 7. No need to worry, they had a chance to win this game, and just like the Lakers, they cannot win them all.

CodyRoark
04-26-2009, 09:44 AM
That game yesterday was horrific. Sloppy play. WE coulda made it a 30 point blowout by our 22-6 lead then we just blew it... Ridiculous. Melo could have had that one shot that would have put us up by 1 to win but it didn't happen.

I see a pattern with Denver and the Lakers.

Both blew out the opposing team at home, then in game three went on the road and played sloppy, and lost by two points.... Then the Lakers followed it up with a good win? Maybe we will too. You have to look at it at how it's been going.

Gr3yStreet
04-26-2009, 10:40 AM
At the end of the day, that game wasn't THAT bad.

We played HORRIBLY and still had a chance to win on the road...

This team really just needs to realize if they play like they're capable of the hornets aren't even a contest for them.

Personally, I expect us to come out fired up and angry as hell tomorrow...I hope we blow em out on their own court.

CodyRoark
04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Well if we get that win tomorrow that'll be good... Because right after that we have them in Denver again for the next two games if they happen to win.

I'm hoping we win tomorrow and then in Denver.

BroncoManiac_69
04-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Living in Utah, all I hear about is Jazz Jazz Jazz. They do NOT even post Denver's scores or games.

*insert a lot of 4 letter banned words*

VenomousDB
04-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Just a couple hours till gametime!!! Lets go Nuggets!!!

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Huge game tonight must win for nuggs

VenomousDB
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Huge game tonight must win for nuggs

Oh yeah. I only got to catch the 4th quarter on Saturday though because I didnt know it was on so early. I was pissed.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh yeah. I only got to catch the 4th quarter on Saturday though because I didnt know it was on so early. I was pissed.

Lol that sux, 1st was amazing to watch. Rest of game was annoying until bout 4 mins to go. Refs sucked in that game.

VenomousDB
04-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Lol that sux, 1st was amazing to watch. Rest of game was annoying until bout 4 mins to go. Refs sucked in that game.

Yeah, there were some complete Bs calls and we still almost won!

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Its starting just like Saturday. :sad:

HuskerBronco7
04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Chris Paul is a crybaby

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Chris Paul is a crybaby

He is a disgrace to America. Americans dont flop but apparently thats all Paul knows how to do. Billups has raped him the whole series pretty much.

VenomousDB
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I think its apparent that once again the refs want to try and keep the Hornets in it.

CinnaMunMun
04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I think its apparent that once again the refs want to try and keep the Hornets in it.

Even with that the Nugs are still dominating. If they play this way throughout the playoffs no way we don't go to the finals.

BroncoRy
04-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow,

Denver has brought down the hammer in New Orleans tonight!

Go Nuggs!

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
This game is sad. Im die hard nugg fan and this game so boring to me i actually picked up the text book to read for class. :eek:

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2009, 07:45 PM
In the words of shannon sharpe....Mr. President you need to send the national guard and who ever you can send bc we are killing the hornets

Bronco51
04-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I think there's more people on the becnch than there are in the stands!! This is an old fashioned ass whooping. I wonder if there will be any fights towards the end of this game.

draco193
04-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Good job stomping on the throat and pressing. TIme to come home and finish business.

chazoe60
04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Give it up to the Hornets, at least they kept it close. I mean if you're going to lose, you might as well make it epic.

VenomousDB
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Wowzers :go:

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Lol sportscenter said we shoulda benched our starters shortly after the national anthem.......lol classic

Eddiemac730
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
wow that was sad

:go::go::go:

chazoe60
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM
wow that was sad

I don't know, I'm pretty happy about it.:D

MileHighPimp303
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM
lol. great game. go NUGGS

CodyRoark
04-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Goodness gracious! What a game, I know some may have turned off the tv after the 3rd but if your a diehard fan in my eyes you watch till it's over, unless your getting beat by 58 :D

Good win, let's finish this series on Wednesday.

Gr3yStreet
04-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Lolz@ NO....

58 pts....awesome.

Atwnbroncfan
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
D was amazinn 3 of 4 quarters we held them to 15pts or less thats the best stat

Calif. Bronco
04-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Who knew when the Nuggets had 61 at halftime that they were just a three-pointer away from having enough points to clinch it? ;)

Now let's wrap this thing up Wednesday and get a little rest before Round 2 :salute:

njyz
04-27-2009, 11:14 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/CAR-Melo.jpg
"I never thought anyone could win by 58 points in the playoffs."

Dream on, little buddy..

Gr3yStreet
04-28-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm glad I got an early seat on this bandwagon...

the national media types are jumping on like crazy...

Legendary30
04-28-2009, 07:02 AM
Stick a fork in the Hornets. They are done. :coffee:

:go:

Spice 1
04-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Stick a fork in the Hornets. They are done. :coffee:

You need to change your sig to: "I can't believe the Nuggets just did that!" The humanity.

CoryWinget81
04-28-2009, 07:43 AM
I can't to see game 5.

It's gonna be sweet listening to Paul cry all game from the box, lol

BroncoManiac_69
04-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Lol sportscenter said we shoulda benched our starters shortly after the national anthem.......lol classic

:laugh:

We didn't get to see the game here in Utah. :mad:

At least the Jazz are now done. :dance:

Legendary30
04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Conference finals or bust!!

Legendary30
04-28-2009, 03:21 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii57/30PACKWOLF/ept_sports_nba_experts-449541756-12.jpg

CoryWinget81
04-28-2009, 03:30 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii57/30PACKWOLF/ept_sports_nba_experts-449541756-12.jpg

A good trade indeed. I was getting sick of isolation basketball...wonder how DET is liking it?

CodyRoark
04-28-2009, 07:00 PM
As I was watching the Altitude Replay of the game, I was listening and Marlowe said, "What is up with Chris Paul, flopping all over the place trying to get calls, it's only worked once, and since then you should've learned to stop"

Then I saw Peja do that flop, I was like wow that's the worst dramatic effect I've ever seen lol.

Come to think of it, In game 3 after Melo missed that shot and Martin had to foul and he just wrapped around him then let go and I think Marks or Posey acted like Martin threw him. hahaha

Atwnbroncfan
04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
As I was watching the Altitude Replay of the game, I was listening and Marlowe said, "What is up with Chris Paul, flopping all over the place trying to get calls, it's only worked once, and since then you should've learned to stop"

Then I saw Peja do that flop, I was like wow that's the worst dramatic effect I've ever seen lol.

Come to think of it, In game 3 after Melo missed that shot and Martin had to foul and he just wrapped around him then let go and I think Marks or Posey acted like Martin threw him. hahaha

Thats all they have been doing is flopping. Paul is a disgrace to American basketball players. He shouldnt be on team USA.

Gr3yStreet
04-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Spurs are done! Ha...finally...

Looks like well be seeing Dallas next round. (Although the TNT dudes seem to think NO still has a chance)

I really like that match up for us.

Denver is WAAAAAAAAY more talented than Dallas at pretty much every single position.

And honestly, I'm starting to think we have THE BEST bench in the playoffs.

VenomousDB
04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Spurs are done! Ha...finally...

Looks like well be seeing Dallas next round. (Although the TNT dudes seem to think NO still has a chance)

I really like that match up for us.

Denver is WAAAAAAAAY more talented than Dallas at pretty much every single position.

And honestly, I'm starting to think we have THE BEST bench in the playoffs.

Well, they have to act like that. I dont think Nuggets fans would be too happy if we were down 3-1 and everyone was saying the Hornets ARE going to face the Mavs.

And I personally believe we have the best bench in the whole league.

Gr3yStreet
04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Mean Picture[/IMG]

That's mean man...I hate that A.I. is gettin all this grief.

Sure, he didn't necessarily work out here, but he is still (was?) a great player.

The man is injured and seriously considering his future in basketball at this point and he deserves some respect from the NBA and especially from Nuggets fans.

When the Nuggets traded for A.I. he sparked a HUGE fan base increase, increases our national media attention and regardless of playoff performances was part of a very solid season in Denver.

I'm big enough to Admit that I was only marginally interested in the Nuggets before they got A.I. and since then I have followed them as close as any team.

Anyway...I just think A.I. deserves our respect not grief.

/rant

Legendary30
04-29-2009, 06:53 AM
I am not hate'n on A.I. I posted a pic that I had seen out there. I wish the best for A.I. but I am glad this trade worked in our favor.

Atwnbroncfan
04-29-2009, 08:25 AM
I am not hate'n on A.I. I posted a pic that I had seen out there. I wish the best for A.I. but I am glad this trade worked in our favor.

Whats funny is he will prob be working with larry brown again next year lol

BroncoManiac_69
04-29-2009, 08:35 AM
The Nuggets will finish this series tonight!! :dance:

I don't think it will be near the blowout like the other night, but they should win this game by around 20 points. :td:

I think the Hornets are still feeling demoralized after that spanking on their home floor.

Spice 1
04-29-2009, 08:47 AM
That's mean man...I hate that A.I. is gettin all this grief.

Sure, he didn't necessarily work out here, but he is still (was?) a great player.

The man is injured and seriously considering his future in basketball at this point and he deserves some respect from the NBA and especially from Nuggets fans.

When the Nuggets traded for A.I. he sparked a HUGE fan base increase, increases our national media attention and regardless of playoff performances was part of a very solid season in Denver.

I'm big enough to Admit that I was only marginally interested in the Nuggets before they got A.I. and since then I have followed them as close as any team.

Anyway...I just think A.I. deserves our respect not grief.

/rant

In my opinion, AI should wind up in the top 50. You take into account the scoring titles, MVP, and revolutionary style of play during the late 90's. He doesn't have a history of being a winner, but you can't deny what he did with that 6ers team in 2k1. The other knock is that he's not a good on the ball defender, but he was great off the ball for a while. I don't have his career assist number in front of me, but it's probably misleading. There were a couple years when he was a great facilitator.

CoryWinget81
04-29-2009, 08:50 AM
In my opinion, AI should wind up in the top 50. You take into account the scoring titles, MVP, and revolutionary style of play during the late 90's. He doesn't have a history of being a winner, but you can't deny what he did with that 6ers team in 2k1. The other knock is that he's not a good on the ball defender, but he was great off the ball for a while. I don't have his career assist number in front of me, but it's probably misleading. There were a couple years when he was a great facilitator.

He was a great scorer, and was tough as nails, but as its been proven all throughout his career his style of isolation basketball always seems to make him fall short.
He's gonna go down as one of the better shooters and scoring guys in the game, but no way in the top 50. He is an incomplete player, plain and simple.

Gr3yStreet
04-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Go Nuggets! Round 2 here we come!

Woah...5 donk dots now...movin up in the world!

HuskerBronco7
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Go Nuggets tonight

:go::salute!:

BroncoManiac_69
04-29-2009, 02:10 PM
I think the crowd will be at a fever pitch tonight. They can taste the 2nd round and they are going to be blowing the roof off the Pepsi Center.

I can't wait for the game. :rockon:

Legendary30
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM
If Knowshon Moreno wants some good PR he will find a way to get tickets to the Nuggets game tonight!!

LETS GO NUGGETS!!!!!! FINISH THIS!!!!!!!!

JakeNbake
04-29-2009, 04:08 PM
AHHH what time is the game?

CodyRoark
04-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Tonight at 7:30 on TNT.

I think we'll win, let's close this out and then go on to face the Mavericks.

Gr3yStreet
04-29-2009, 05:14 PM

It's at 8:30 Mountain.

Atwnbroncfan
04-29-2009, 05:15 PM

No no no... Its 730 west coast this is nuggets we go by mountain time............830 MOUNTAIN TIME LOL

CodyRoark
04-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Well I live in the Pacific so... I live in Laker's time.. eek...

But I'm a diehard Nuggs fan.

VenomousDB
04-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Well I live in the Pacific so... I live in Laker's time.. eek...

But I'm a diehard Nuggs fan.

I agree with everyone else, this is Mountain Time here! Get it right! :P

Atwnbroncfan
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
It sucks when ur star can't take over and the refs hate u

Thats from a Hornets fan. So sad seeing as Paul has been getting everything called.

Gr3yStreet
04-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Okay...that half didn't count. Practice half.

Atwnbroncfan
04-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Terrible 1st half. We are looking like the nuggets of old not the playoff nuggs. But best thing is its a tie game. Lets turn it around.

Eddiemac730
04-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I can't wait to smack around Dirk Nowitzki he is soft

Legendary30
04-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Dallas don't want to see this team!! The Nuggets need to take care of buisness at home in this series and try to steal one in Dallas!

BroncoRy
04-30-2009, 06:42 AM
I can't wait to smack around Dirk Nowitzki he is soft

KMart owns Dirk. End of series.

Gr3yStreet
04-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Bring on the Mavs!!

No problem!

(P.S....SUCK ON THAT MAGIC JOHNSON!)

BroncoManiac_69
04-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Dallas don't want to see this team!! The Nuggets need to take care of buisness at home in this series and try to steal one in Dallas!

Bring on the Mavs!!

No problem!

(P.S....SUCK ON THAT MAGIC JOHNSON!)

I found it funny the fans kept chanting WE WANT LA.

Looking beyond Dallas.

We should be able to handle the Mav's no problem, but they better be careful and not look past them like the fans are.

Legendary30
04-30-2009, 07:53 AM
I found it funny the fans kept chanting WE WANT LA.

Looking beyond Dallas.

We should be able to handle the Mav's no problem, but they better be careful and not look past them like the fans are.

:confused:

I watched the game.....They were saying we want Dallas.

http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/04/30/nuggets.hornets.game5/index.html

By Chris Tomasson, for NBA.com
Posted Apr 30 2009 3:35AM

DENVER -- It's been a longtime staple on NBA highlight reels. Dikembe Mutombo is sprawled on the floor, holding the ball over his head in triumph, screaming with joy.

The Denver Nuggets moved that into the ancient history category on Wednesday night at the Pepsi Center .

For 15 years, it had been living history. That May 7, 1994 afternoon, when Mutombo's eighth-seeded Nuggets stunned top-seeded Seattle in a first-round series, had been the last time Denver won a playoff series.

But the drought is over. The Nuggets, who had lost the past five seasons in the first round, walloped New Orleans 107-86 to close out their West first-round series in five games.

"Finally,'' said Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony, the only player to have been active throughout Denver's last half-decade of disappointments. "It took me five years to get that gorilla off my back.''

The way Anthony moved Wednesday, he obviously could feel that monkey slipping off. He scored a game-high 34 points, playing the entire game until coming out to a standing ovation with 1:37 remaining.

The second-seeded Nuggets move on to face No. 6 Dallas in a West semifinal starting Sunday at the Pepsi Center . The way they're playing, Nuggets coach George Karl isn't counting on their season running out any time.

"I think we're good,'' Karl said. "I haven't been able to say that kind of in a proud way. I think we were good in this series. [More success is ahead] if we continue to play the right way and get better and learn how to play playoff basketball.''

Karl will get few arguments about his assessment of the Nuggets, and it would be a surprise if even one came from the Louisiana Bayou. In the four games the Nuggets won, they outscored New Orleans by an average of 30.8 points, including a 58-point rout in Game 4 that tied an NBA playoff record for biggest margin of victory.

"New Orleans is I think a banged-up team. I think they're hurting,'' Karl said. "There's no way we are 20 points better than them in four games. They're much better than that.''

Hornets center Tyson Chandler, his left ankle bothering him throughout the Playoffs, was scratched from the lineup Wednesday. Hornets guard Chris Paul, playing with a sore knee, logged a gritty 46 minutes, but clearly wasn't himself, shooting 5-of-16 for 12 points.

Paul shrugged off talk of his health after the game, saying, "I'm good.'' But New Orleans coach Byron Scott didn't deny Paul's knee "bothered him.''

Still, the Hornets led by as much as 25-16 in the first quarter. The score was tied 62-62 midway through the third quarter when the Nuggets erupted, going on a 14-0 run as guard J.R. Smith scored six of his 20 points.

The Nuggets spent the fourth quarter extending the lead. And getting the celebrating under way.

With 6:58 left, the fans began to chant, "We want Dallas .'' Soon, forward Kenyon Martin took off both his shoes and threw them into the stands.

With 1:37 remaining and before confetti falling was in synch with the final buzzer, Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups joined Anthony in coming out of the game and getting a standing ovation. Unless you've been on an extended African safari, you know the Denver native provided the Nuggets with a huge boost when he came home in a Nov. 3 trade from Detroit .

"It feels great, especially with me being a hometown kid and, from afar, following the struggles [the Nuggets have] had the last four or five years in the first round,'' said Billups, who had advanced to the East finals the previous six seasons with the Pistons and averaged 22.6 points against the Hornets.

"It's crazy that monkey is big around everybody's shoulders around here. It's good to get that off even though I haven't lost in the first round in a long time. Being around here all year, everybody's putting [a lot of emphasis] on the first round. I shoot higher than that. That's just the first step.''

Talk of monkeys and gorillas slipping off shoulders and backs was a big post-game topic. Anthony brought it twice after the NBA's longest active streak of not winning a playoff series had been snapped.

"It's been a long time since the Nuggets got out of the first round,'' Anthony said. "I'm just excited right now. I got a gorilla off my back. I can just focus on Dallas now.''

And now even Karl doesn't expect to feel too bad when watching highlights of Mutombo holding the ball over his head.

Karl, you see, was the losing coach that afternoon 15 years ago in Seattle .

"It's symbolic,'' Karl said. "That was a miserable part of my life, and this is a powerful part of my life ... Denver should go out and celebrate.''

At last look, those in Denver were partying like it was 1994

Atwnbroncfan
04-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Last night sucked. Power went out in dorms at halftime and didnt come back on till after game was done. :mad:

BroncoManiac_69
04-30-2009, 07:56 AM
It sounded like they were saying LA. My bad.

Legendary30
04-30-2009, 07:59 AM
It sounded like they were saying LA. My bad.

noob.

:coffee:

:laugh:

Atwnbroncfan
04-30-2009, 12:30 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TCdErEO7OCM/Rjc9gR0K73I/AAAAAAAAAGE/4YtdMkwHV9Y/s320/Mavs_logo_001.jpg

Mavs new logo

CoryWinget81
04-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Karl needs to work the guys on perimeter D. They contest the shot, and then just stand there.

If they leave Dirk open out on the perimeter, he'll knock those shots down all day.

Atwnbroncfan
04-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Karl needs to work the guys on perimeter D. They contest the shot, and then just stand there.

If they leave Dirk open out on the perimeter, he'll knock those shots down all day.

Im more worried about the lack of rebounding and boxing out. I would rather em give dirk a few unconested 3's then let him rebound and put it back all day. Dirk aint gonna make every 3 eveb if they uncontested.

Axemaster
04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Man if they continue to shoot over 50%, play defense, play unselfish , and continue to hit the three, they can play with anyone, and that includes the Lakers, AND the Cavaliers!!!:go:

CodyRoark
04-30-2009, 05:33 PM
We took care of business, but after today we must get back to business... We can't overlook the Mavs right now, They are doing PHENOMENAL... We need to play strong and hopefully we can win this series!

CodyRoark
04-30-2009, 09:11 PM
This kid who I go to school with who likes the Trailblazers just told me via text a few minutes ago when I told him that Portland has officially proven that they suck, he told me that "No, we are the only team in the NBA that has heart and spirit" This kid is an idiot!

Portland is nothing... Teams that have spirit are Denver, Chicago and Boston right now... Portland is and has nothing hahahaha.

Trailblazers fans are just like Chargers fans.

Atwnbroncfan
05-01-2009, 08:35 AM
This kid who I go to school with who likes the Trailblazers just told me via text a few minutes ago when I told him that Portland has officially proven that they suck, he told me that "No, we are the only team in the NBA that has heart and spirit" This kid is an idiot!

Portland is nothing... Teams that have spirit are Denver, Chicago and Boston right now... Portland is and has nothing hahahaha.

Heart and spirit no. But next year or year after watch out for them if they could just upgrade the pg position they will be stacked. The Thunder will be a good team too. The northwest will be a great division next year, although utah will not be anywhere as good. They are gonna have to choose between boozer and milsap and my gut says they go with the younger player and Boozer will opt out. Timberwolves prob still wont be good

CoryWinget81
05-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Heart and spirit no. But next year or year after watch out for them if they could just upgrade the pg position they will be stacked. The Thunder will be a good team too. The northwest will be a great division next year, although utah will not be anywhere as good. They are gonna have to choose between boozer and milsap and my gut says they go with the younger player and Boozer will opt out. Timberwolves prob still wont be good

QFT.

By the way, WHEN, not if, Chicago outs Boston....

WHO CALLED IT BABY!!

Spice 1
05-01-2009, 09:04 AM

Oden and Pyrzzzrybeiala = First round elimination

Gr3yStreet
05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
http://www.denverstiffs.com/ has a good preview up today.

Legendary30
05-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Can you imagine how crazy it would be if the Nuggets were playing for a championship?? I dont think the sports world is ready for it!!!

I Believe!!!!!!

Atwnbroncfan
05-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Im ready. I hope we play against the Cavs and win (knock on wood) so it could be justice served after we got screwed on that lottery that year.

MasterTick
05-01-2009, 10:30 PM
My Mavs are gonna stuff the Nuggets :D

HuskerBronco7
05-02-2009, 07:26 AM
My Mavs are gonna stuff the Nuggets :D

Stuff you say? Have you met our Mr. Chris " The Birdman" Anderson?

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x200/sjs8736/ChrisAndersen.jpg

:D:go:

Gr3yStreet
05-02-2009, 09:44 AM
The Nuggs. are really pissing me off. Giving up 61 in the first half to the worst team in the NBA. I'm real close to converting to a Lakers fan.

:eek: :eek: :D

BroncoRy
05-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Despite a comment I made earlier about Kmart owning Dirk ( which he does) this will be a very tough series.

Dallas has many more scoring options than the pathetic Hornets.
Nowitzki, Howard, Terry, Kidd and Bereia are all scoring threats. Dallas made a good move giving him alot more time combined with Kidd. Kidd has become a tough spot up shooter with Bereia running around the court-kid is lightning quick. Erik Dampier has given the Nuggets trouble for quite a seasons and now he is actually playing well. This is going to be a really tough series.

It will go six and probably seven games as both teams are pretty evenly matched. Dallas is playing very good defense right now as well.

Actually both teams played opponents that were limited offensively. It will be interesting to see which team is actually playing the better defense-whoever does-wins the series. I believe the Nuggets are better equipped to play better defense than Dallas is. Kenyon can work Dirk on his own. That leaves Chauncey and Dante Jones to matchup Howard and Kidd/Terry. The wild card is Bereia. I am not sure who will be able to hold up vs. him over a long series. I think once AC learns his tendencies he'll provide a tough defensive matchup for Bereia.

And finally Nene. He has to lose his knack for getting frustrated. Dampier will beat on him. Nene has to use his quickness and power and go right at Dampier and get him in foul trouble. Nene has to provide a consistent post presence in this series.

GO NUGGS!

Gr3yStreet
05-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Good day to win a basketball game!:go::go:

CodyRoark
05-03-2009, 09:10 AM
:eek: :eek: :D

Yeah, not my finest of posts, but that was when we first lost to Sacramento and I was pissed... Up until now I've had a harsh way of expressing my mind... Ignore that post!

But MasterTick, prepare for Dirk to be swatted by the Birdman!

Just for reference take a look here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIO1qRQ8dR4

Let's GO NUGGETS!

njyz
05-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Does anyone else think George Karl purposely plays one of a number of general sets on both offense and defense except for in 2-3 min runs? It's as if the opposing team is just there for amusement.

dragster69
05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm impressed!!!
Go Nuggets, Go hometown team!
Gotta love it. I'm very happy for them!!! :beer:

HuskerBronco7
05-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow, let the bandwagon fans start jumping on.....

Anyone else see those bird nation shirts? I wanna know how to get one...

BroncoRy
05-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I love the pattern the Nuggets are setting. They come out in the third quarter and put the game on ice and its blowout city by mid fourth! Love it.

Denver may sweep. Dallas has no one that compete with Nene down low. Ouch.

CodyRoark
05-03-2009, 04:15 PM
What a game... It was shaky in the first but we came firing back! Glad Melo rebounded.

I want a Bird Nation Shirt as well... I'll look for one on ebay.

armedequation
05-03-2009, 05:04 PM
What a game... It was shaky in the first but we came firing back! Glad Melo rebounded.

I want a Bird Nation Shirt as well... I'll look for one on ebay.

nice way to start out the series...

dragster69
05-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow, let the bandwagon fans start jumping on.....

Anyone else see those bird nation shirts? I wanna know how to get one...

Do I need to ask you permission you faithful Nuggets fan of many years thur thin and thick for me to root for our hometown team?
Especially when I've never bashed them?
I'm a sport guy, and if my hometown team that I don't follow a lot is having success in the play-offs, I'm going to give them my total support and best wishes
Anything wrong with that?
Or should I ignore the fact that the Nuggets are in the play-offs and wish them bad luck? :rolleyes:

CoryWinget81
05-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Good win today, just got home.

JR was FIRED up. There were actually Dallas fans there talkin crap, it was hilarious. They were sitting right under my suite, and they kept saying that we had no hope of containing Dirk and blah blah blah.

When they got up to leave halfway through the 4th, my wife said "You guys have fun watching the finals from your couch."

CoryWinget81
05-03-2009, 05:58 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0905/mavs.nuggets.game1/images/mavsnuggets5.jpg

And people thought ONE 7 was dominant...what happens when you get em both together??

Gr3yStreet
05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
1 down 3 to go.

HuskerBronco7
05-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Do I need to ask you permission you faithful Nuggets fan of many years thur thin and thick for me to root for our hometown team?
Especially when I've never bashed them?
I'm a sport guy, and if my hometown team that I don't follow a lot is having success in the play-offs, I'm going to give them my total support and best wishes
Anything wrong with that?
Or should I ignore the fact that the Nuggets are in the play-offs and wish them bad luck? :rolleyes:

Wow dude, sorry I didnt even see your post. I wasn't aiming that at you at all. I was just saying after how they played today, ESPN and everyone is going to start talking about how good the nuggets are when they have been underated all season. Sorry for the confusion haha. Please cheer for the nuggets, they need all of denver's support.

The Experience
05-03-2009, 06:38 PM
The fact that we were able to win today without Melo and Billups having great games plus playing the refs for most of the 1st half just shows how good of a team we really are.

CoryWinget81
05-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow dude, sorry I didnt even see your post. I wasn't aiming that at you at all. I was just saying after how they played today, ESPN and everyone is going to start talking about how good the nuggets are when they have been underated all season. Sorry for the confusion haha. Please cheer for the nuggets, they need all of denver.

I don't want any recognition for the Nuggets. Those ESPN/TNT idiots never gave us a chance to do anything, so they can just shut the hell up.

My dream is WHEN, not if, we beat the Lakers in the conference finals, is that all of these talking heads apologized for never having faith and constantly hating.

To hell with the national media, we ARE the Denver Nuggets, and come hell or high water, EVERYONE will witness.

HuskerBronco7
05-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't want any recognition for the Nuggets. Those ESPN/TNT idiots never gave us a chance to do anything, so they can just shut the hell up.

My dream is WHEN, not if, we beat the Lakers in the conference finals, is that all of these talking heads apologized for never having faith and constantly hating.

To hell with the national media, we ARE the Denver Nuggets, and come hell or high water, EVERYONE will witness.

Thats what my original post was aiming towards not him. I was just saying how everyone has taken us lightly all season, and now we are dominating, and ESPN is gonna start jumping on the bandwagon, and I absolutely HATE that...more than anything :sad:

CoryWinget81
05-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Thats what my original post was aiming towards not him. I was just saying how everyone has taken us lightly all season, and now we are dominating, and ESPN is gonna start jumping on the bandwagon, and I absolutely HATE that...more than anything :sad:

Me too bro....me too.

licence_to_kill
05-03-2009, 07:14 PM

Easy there shortstop. The lakers are still way above your level.

Atwnbroncfan
05-03-2009, 07:19 PM

As long as there is team called the LA Lakers there will never be a nuggets bandwagon

CoryWinget81
05-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Easy there shortstop. The lakers are still way above your level.

I guess we'll see won't we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTPX12LJi4

Its amazin....

dragster69
05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0905/mavs.nuggets.game1/images/mavsnuggets5.jpg

And people thought ONE 7 was dominant...what happens when you get em both together??

Awesome pic, Cory! :beer:

Axemaster
05-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Bandwagon? I remember when they won 60 games in the ABA! Bobby Jones, Issel, David Thompson, Larry Brown, old McNichols arena, red white and blue baskerball! How far back can YOU remember!

This series is far from over, but they play D like that they could beat the Lakers and the Cavs!

BroncoManiac_69
05-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Awesome pic, Cory! :beer:

That is a great pic. :salute:

And how cool was that? :td:

WTG Nuggets. Awesome crowd too.

Atwnbroncfan
05-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Carlisle also had a lot to say about the disparity at the line, wondering aloud -- more than once -- about Denver's 36 free throws compared to Dallas' 13. "It's hard for me to believe," Carlisle said, "that we committed 29 fouls and they committed 19."

He went on to suggest that the Mavs will ask the league to pay closer mind to Denver's active hands "if there's a complaint to be made." On this evidence, though, Dallas will need more than tighter reffing to find the road win it needs to have any shot at winning this series.

Wow complaining already. We are the 2 seed and home team we supposed to get the calls, and i dont think he was watching. Me and Cory saw at the game all the ridiculous travels and all the nonexsistent fouls called on Melo. Dirk walked every time and it wasnt called. Carlisle (who is a great coach) can already see is team is out matched in every way.

And by the way, way to go JR for showing the league who shoulda been the real 6th man.

CoryWinget81
05-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Wow complaining already. We are the 2 seed and home team we supposed to get the calls, and i dont think he was watching. Me and Cory saw at the game all the ridiculous travels and all the nonexsistent fouls called on Melo. Dirk walked every time and it wasnt called. Carlisle (who is a great coach) can already see is team is out matched in every way.

And by the way, way to go JR for showing the league who shoulda been the real 6th man.

No kidding about Dirk, he walked nearly the whole game. When he was trying to draw fouls in the paint, he NEVER kept his pivot foot down.

Dirk was complaining all night because he was flopping like a fish and not getting any calls...I'd complain too, must hurt to throw your body on the hardwood time after time and the ref's arent buying your crap

Whatever, Denver plays a tough brand of Defense, and it pisses people off because they can't just go flyin around like they do in the regular season.

JakeNbake
05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
No kidding about Dirk, he walked nearly the whole game. When he was trying to draw fouls in the paint, he NEVER kept his pivot foot down.

Dirk was complaining all night because he was flopping like a fish and not getting any calls...I'd complain too, must hurt to throw your body on the hardwood time after time and the ref's arent buying your crap

Whatever, Denver plays a tough brand of Defense, and it pisses people off because they can't just go flyin around like they do in the regular season.

Dirk has no D either, he's like Vlady D'vack a big old FLOPPER!

CoryWinget81
05-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Dirk has no D either, he's like Vlady D'vack a big old FLOPPER!

What was hilarious, was that backdoor cutter, when JR was flying to the basket, Dirk turned to his right and saw JR coming right at him and was like

:eek: and just bailed out of the play.

Hilarious.

dragster69
05-04-2009, 01:17 PM
The thing I've enjoyed the most after watching two play-off games so far, is the intensity in which the Nuggets are playing.
That's great news, they don't have to worry about playing anybody, anywhere and have to match the other team's intensity level, they have to play to the level the Nuggets are playing right now :beer:

broncofan2415
05-04-2009, 01:38 PM

I absolutely agree. Mavs are a bunch of whiners. And yes, JR should have been 6th man of the year.

broncofan2415
05-04-2009, 01:41 PM

HAHAHA, I love it....GO Nuggets!!! Where were you sitting at the game?

broncofan2415
05-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Im flying out for Game 5! Gonna give Cuban a load of crap

CoryWinget81
05-04-2009, 02:46 PM
HAHAHA, I love it....GO Nuggets!!! Where were you sitting at the game?

Suite 64, lol

VenomousDB
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Suite 64, lol

Nice...I wish I could go to a game but I dont have any money :sad:

CoryWinget81
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Nice...I wish I could go to a game but I dont have any money :sad:

You have a PM.

broncofan2415
05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Suite 64, lol

Nice man! I just booked my airfare to Denver for game 5! Tough being a Nugget fan out here in Lakers country.

Hope to see you at the game....I'll be all beered up and ready to yell at Cuban

Atwnbroncfan
05-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Nice man! I just booked my airfare to Denver for game 5! Tough being a Nugget fan out here in Lakers country.

Hope to see you at the game....I'll be all beered up and ready to yell at Cuban

Yesterday when they showed cuban on the big screen, everyone booed every time. That, and when dirk touched the ball.

CodyRoark
05-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Cuban is a creep!

But looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully we come out strong in all quarters and find a way to stop Dirk from getting hot real fast.

MileHighPimp303
05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
LOL, Kenyon fined 25,000. I guess Dirk gets calls in between games now.
GO NUGGETS

broncofan2415
05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
GO NUGGETS

I saw that. What a crap call. Of course Rondo doesnt get a fine. What a mess. Whatever....Go Nuggets!!!

CoryWinget81
05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
GO NUGGETS

Martin fined $25K for hard foul on Nowitzki

By PAT GRAHAM
AP SPORTS WRITER

DENVER -- Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin was fined $25,000 by the NBA for knocking Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki to the court in the opener of their second-round playoff series.

Martin was also assessed a flagrant foul 1 for the contact, which occurred with about 6 minutes left in the first quarter of Sunday's game, after Nowitzki had scored Dallas' first 10 points on 5-for-5 shooting.

Nowitzki said after the game he didn't have a problem with the foul, calling it "just a hard playoff foul."

Rex Chapman, the Nuggets' vice president of player personnel, didn't think the penalty fit the offense.

"I feel that fining Ken was a bit excessive and inconsistent with the punishments and penalties for flagrant fouls thus far in these playoffs," Chapman said in an e-mail.

Soon after learning of the fine, Chapman contacted NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson to voice his opinion.

"He listened," Chapman said. "That said, it is not a democracy with the league office when it comes to these types of things. We will accept their decision and move forward."

After making his first six shots, Nowitzki was hounded by the Nuggets' rotation of Martin, Chris Andersen and Nene and went 6 of 16 the rest of the way to finish with 28 points in Dallas' 109-95 loss.

The fine was announced after the teams had finished practice and left the Pepsi Center on Monday.

"They really made me work for everything I got," Nowitzki said following the game. "They have a lot of good bodies they can throw at me. And they do a good job of rotating and staying down and playing physical."

Martin knocked down Nowitzki with a shoulder bump when the All-Star tried to go baseline, drawing a technical foul.

Nuggets coach George Karl didn't see the foul Sunday because he had turned to talk to a player on his bench, but "it looked good on film," he said Monday.

Over his career, Martin has been known for his physical play. That was on display in the Nuggets' thumping of New Orleans in the first round when Martin thoroughly flustered All-Star forward David West.

Before the series, Martin said he was going to do everything in his power to perturb Nowitzki.

"Hold him, grab him, push him, whatever you can do," cracked Martin, noting players are allowed six fouls for a reason.

The Mavericks said Monday they needed to match the Nuggets' aggressive nature in Game 2.

"We've got to raise our level of intensity and play more physical and play through some stuff," Nowitzki said. "If you turn the ball over in this gym it's basically a layup or a dunk. And that gets the crowd involved, that gets them pumped up.

"We've got to be more ready for a physical game than we were."

CodyRoark
05-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Them Lakers fans are so silent as of now.

I can only stand a few Laker fans on here...

like Miguel_fdz...

That's about it.

But the other ones are sure talking it up in the Denver's New #7 thread.

CodyRoark
05-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Found Some Cool Nuggets Shirts!

http://www.altitudeauthentics.com/p-1818-birdman-protect-the-nest-tee-gold.aspx

http://www.altitudeauthentics.com/p-1799-big-crew-tee.aspx

http://www.altitudeauthentics.com/p-1817-2009-playoff-roster-t-shirt.aspx

Gr3yStreet
05-05-2009, 07:11 AM

Awesome.

I got to school like, across the street from the Can, I should go pick up some goodies...

Atwnbroncfan
05-05-2009, 07:41 AM
12 more hours.

Cant wait, going to the game again Go Nuggs :rockon:

broncofan2415
05-05-2009, 07:42 AM

Those are tight. Hopefully I can pick some up at Game 5. Ive got nowhere to buy Nugget stuff out here in Cali

BroncoManiac_69
05-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I't's very exciting to see the Nuggets this deep in the season.

Here We Go Two And O

CoryWinget81
05-05-2009, 08:39 AM
11 hours..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkllM8znx4&feature=PlayList&p=4F49FF971F38ECBC&index=0&playnext=1

in case anyone was counting :D

Legendary30
05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
All series long Baby!!!!!!!!!

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/04/16/kenyon_martin_no_apology_heykobe.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/03/25/amd_dirk_nowitzki.jpg

Bowie Man
05-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I personally thought Nowitzki flopped big-time on the flagrant foul. Kenyon may be stong, but you'd be a freak if you could send a 7'0, 200 and some lb guy flyin with just a forearm shove. Maybe Martin shoved harder than I thought, but I didn't think it was as hard as it looked.

CoryWinget81
05-05-2009, 11:06 AM
I personally thought Nowitzki flopped big-time on the flagrant foul. Kenyon may be stong, but you'd be a freak if you could send a 7'0, 200 and some lb guy flyin with just a forearm shove. Maybe Martin shoved harder than I thought, but I didn't think it was as hard as it looked.

In terms of basketball, it could be considered a technical, but no way thats a flagrant foul 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nuggets pay this fine for K-Mart

Legendary30
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM
It always makes me so mad when these big pro Basketball players go flying like they are made of paper. So freak'n weak. :fight:

broncofan2415
05-05-2009, 12:48 PM
12 more hours.

Cant wait, going to the game again Go Nuggs :rockon:

Your so lucky! Im going to game 5

VenomousDB
05-05-2009, 03:11 PM
In terms of basketball, it could be considered a technical, but no way thats a flagrant foul 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nuggets pay this fine for K-Mart

That play completely turned the game around. Before that, the Nuggets came out a bit lazy, but after that they seemed excited and MUCH more physical.

CoryWinget81
05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Alright guys, I'm headed out.

You can catch me at Brooklyns! Come have a brew with the Cormeister and talk some Nuggets if you are gonna be down there!

CTM
05-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Okay I'm not really a Nuggets fan but I am impressed with what they have done this season. They robbed the Pistons blind in the deal for Billups and to be honest it wouldnt surprise me if they win the west.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks Billups looks alot like Wesley Snipes?

VenomousDB
05-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Okay I'm not really a Nuggets fan but I am impressed with what they have done this season. They robbed the Pistons blind in the deal for Billups and to be honest it wouldnt surprise me if they win the west.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks Billups looks alot like Wesley Snipes?

Wesley Snipes?! Wow :smug:

VenomousDB
05-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Get this: My brother, who has never sat down and watched a Nuggets game in his life, is going to the game tonight.
I, however, sat through those horrible years in the mid 90s-early 00s and Ive caught a good amount of the games for the past 3 years and just about every game this year..I say boooo to him! :huh:

CodyRoark
05-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Let's Go Denver, tonight you have the chance to take a huge advantage heading into Dallas... Win and you have a good chance to stay in the hunt. Let's take that 2-0 lead and shut up all the non believers. Birdman will Protect The Nest and we must stop Dirk!

We can do it!

:go: :go: :go: :go:

CTM
05-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Wesley Snipes?! Wow :smug:

http://g8.undercoverhd.com/imgsresized/article/080424wesleysnipesinblade.jpg http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/11/21/weekly.countdown/billups.nuggets.jpg

Shave Wesley's head and they're pretty darn close

broncofan2415
05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
What is going on with Billups???? He cant hit anything

broncofan2415
05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Nevermind.........Nuggets baby!!!!

CoryWinget81
05-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Lets go Nuggets BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOMBOOM!!!

MileHighPimp303
05-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Great game. You got to love watching Cuban unhappy. GO NUGGS

CodyRoark
05-06-2009, 06:19 AM
I was watching the game and it did look like Cuban was about to cry! haha...

But damn we couldn't make a 3 pointer last night. Melo 1/8... eek.

we'll do better!

nonetheless good win!

BroncoRy
05-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Denver just seems to be toying with the Mavs. When needed the Nuggs just turn up the defense and goodnight for Dallas. Despite Dallas' stellar home record Denver will win a game on the road and put this series to rest in game 5. Dallas went 17-1 down the stretch at home but Denver was the team to beat them.

So far Denver is 6-0 vs. Dallas on the season. The Nuggs are in the Mavs' heads. They play like they are just waiting for the Nuggets to run em out of the building even when it is close.We all knew and they knew a huge Nuggets run was just a matter of time.

Go Nuggs!

BroncoManiac_69
05-06-2009, 07:26 AM

Barkley said the same thing last night. The Nuggets are very confident, Karl keeps them calm and Chauncey's leadership has really turned this into a fantastic team.

Team. That's what they are. One guy struggles, there are plenty of others to pick up the slack.

Are these guys fun to watch or what? :rockon:

We need to steal one in Dallas and this series will be over in 5. The Mavs are another great home team so getting 1 out of 2 isn't too far fetched. Their last home loss was to Denver.

I agree BroncoRy, they do seem to be toying with them. And like the announcers said last night, it never seemed close.

Another great crowd at the Pepsi Center. :salute:

Nothing like the Laker fans that sit on their thumbs most of their games sipping wine. :coffee:

Axemaster
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Barkley said the same thing last night. The Nuggets are very confident, Karl keeps them calm and Chauncey's leadership has really turned this into a fantastic team.

Team. That's what they are. One guy struggles, there are plenty of others to pick up the slack.

Are these guys fun to watch or what? :rockon:

We need to steal one in Dallas and this series will be over in 5. The Mavs are another great home team so getting 1 out of 2 isn't too far fetched. Their last home loss was to Denver.

I agree BroncoRy, they do seem to be toying with them. And like the announcers said last night, it never seemed close.

Another great crowd at the Pepsi Center. :salute:

Nothing like the Laker fans that sit on their thumbs most of their games sipping wine. :coffee:
You said it all right there:TEAM! It makes a difference dont' it? It seems that Karl has found the perfect combination, especially with the bench!:go:

CoryWinget81
05-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Like someone else said, we're toying with the Mavericks. They said they were (Dallas) going to be more aggressive, so the Nuggets went right after them and nearly matched a playoff record for team points in the paint.

Dallas didn't want to trade shots, so they tried spreading the floor, and then Denver cranked up the D.

I'm lovin it.

BroncoManiac_69
05-06-2009, 09:23 AM
You said it all right there:TEAM! It makes a difference dont' it? It seems that Karl has found the perfect combination, especially with the bench!:go:

It sure does make a difference and that's what Charles was making a point about last night during the post game show.

You think of Cavaliers, all you hear is Lebron.

You think of Lakers, all you hear is Kobe.

Now I realize those two have other contributors on their squads and aren't just one man bands. Both of those guys are fantastic players no doubt, but control either of those two and your team has a much better shot to beat them.

Exciting times for the Nuggets. :dance:

I already can't wait for Saturday. :go:

BroncoManiac_69
05-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Anyone here that was at the game, can you shed some light regarding the fan that required medical attention and delayed the game for a while?

The cameras never showed what was going on and I was just curious. My wife thought it was a fight but later they said a fan was feeling faint? :confused:

CoryWinget81
05-06-2009, 09:29 AM
It sure does make a difference and that's what Charles was making a point about last night during the post game show.

You think of Cavaliers, all you hear is Lebron.

You think of Lakers, all you hear is Kobe.

Now I realize those two have other contributors on their squads and aren't just one man bands. Both of those guys are fantastic players no doubt, but control either of those two and your team has a much better shot to beat them.

Exciting times for the Nuggets. :dance:

I already can't wait for Saturday. :go:

Exactly. If Kobe misses shots or gets boxed out and doesn't get shots, the Lakers usually don't fare to well. Although they do have "The Machine" and if he is on he can spread the floor a little, but that still doesn't make them a team.

If LeBron has a bad game, Cavs lose. Lucky for them he doesn't have too many of those!

I love the intensity and will to win from our bench. At the game last night, almost everyone on the bench, aside from Petro (lol) got a standing ovation in and out of the game.

CoryWinget81
05-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Anyone here that was at the game, can you shed some light regarding the fan that required medical attention and delayed the game for a while?

The cameras never showed what was going on and I was just curious. My wife thought it was a fight but later they said a fan was feeling faint? :confused:

They didn't really say anything about it...it was pretty weird though...the just came and took the guy (or was it a girl?)out, lol

It was under the suite, so I didn't really get a good look

VenomousDB
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
http://g8.undercoverhd.com/imgsresized/article/080424wesleysnipesinblade.jpg http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/11/21/weekly.countdown/billups.nuggets.jpg

Shave Wesley's head and they're pretty darn close

hahaha ok ok Ill give you that one

Did anyone else hear the crowd chanting BULLLLLL(you know the rest)...I thought that was funny.

BroncoManiac_69
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Did anyone else hear the crowd chanting BULLLLLL(you know the rest)...I thought that was funny.

It was a little hard not to hear them. ;)

And I happened to agree with them at the time. They were a little riled up eh? :laugh:

And the boos every time Dirk touches the ball. :clap:

broncofan2415
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Are there any Nuggs forums or message boards that anyone knows of?

Atwnbroncfan
05-06-2009, 12:29 PM

Some older guy just stood up then fell. They got some people looking after him and took him out, but he walked by himself.

BroncoManiac_69
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM

Go to Google and type in denver nuggets forum

There are a few to choose from

VenomousDB
05-06-2009, 01:51 PM
It was a little hard not to hear them. ;)

And I happened to agree with them at the time. They were a little riled up eh? :laugh:

And the boos every time Dirk touches the ball. :clap:

Well I had to ask if you guys heard it, even though it was pretty obvious haha

Gr3yStreet
05-06-2009, 02:49 PM
2 down 2 to go.

CodyRoark
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh I know, that Kenyon tech was so BS... I'm glad the fans started chanting... That was a first other then from when we killed Utah when we chanted Utah Sucks, but I've never heard about 14,000 plus chanting Bull(SPIT).

Crazy, we had a horrible 3 pt shooting game... WE need to fix that... I think we will. Now we must play smart in Dallas.

Atwnbroncfan
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh I know, that Kenyon tech was so BS... I'm glad the fans started chanting... That was a first other then from when we killed Utah when we chanted Utah Sucks, but I've never heard about 14,000 plus chanting Bull(SPIT).

Crazy, we had a horrible 3 pt shooting game... WE need to fix that... I think we will. Now we must play smart in Dallas.

We shouldnt be throwing up 28 3's to begin with. I question a lot of the shot selection in last nights game.

CodyRoark
05-06-2009, 05:20 PM
My facial expression after all them missed 3's that we should not have taken was this exactly... :brick:

CodyRoark
05-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Funny stuff right here... Our Mascot is freaking awesome!

http://www.gorockygo.com/video.html

CodyRoark
05-06-2009, 07:21 PM
This Birdman video is amazing! I love it...

Watch it and you'll be pumped and feel the excitement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8D6rrYFl78

I think thats' the best Andersen video ever made.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 09:46 PM

That is the best video ever

broncofan2415
05-06-2009, 09:47 PM

Best Video I have ever seen on youtube. Birdman Baby

Go Nuggets!

NugzFan
05-07-2009, 12:06 AM

check out NuggetsTalk:

http://nuggets.proboards.com

:go::go::go::go::go:

comeon denver - lets beat the mavs on saturday!!!

broncofan2415
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
check out NuggetsTalk:

http://nuggets.proboards.com

comeon denver - lets beat the mavs on saturday!!!

Just signed up yesterday....thanks

Gr3yStreet
05-07-2009, 05:38 PM

CodyRoark
05-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I have high hopes this Saturday! I believe we can beat them in Dallas, we already have in regular season let's do it again!

Atwnbroncfan
05-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I still cant believe how rigged the nba is. Look what they did made Nuggs-Mavs wait 3 days before playing, but the Rockets-Lakers play 2 times. We shoulda played tonight ot tomorrow. But the nba is trying to get the lakers as much rest as possible, they are doing whatever they can to get the lakers in the finals. Plus the lakers were a bunch of cheap shots last night.

CodyRoark
05-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey if anyone's getting the rest it is us! We've had about 3 to 4 1/2 days of rest and practice!

Spyder
05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
I still cant believe how rigged the nba is. Look what they did made Nuggs-Mavs wait 3 days before playing, but the Rockets-Lakers play 2 times. We shoulda played tonight ot tomorrow. But the nba is trying to get the lakers as much rest as possible, they are doing whatever they can to get the lakers in the finals. Plus the lakers were a bunch of cheap shots last night.

Do you complain about EVERYTHING? Denver and Dallas are the teams getting the rest now. I don't even know how you can say the NBA schedule is in favor of the Lakers. Oh, unless you expect us to win the next 3 and get like a week off until the Western Finals. It isn't like Denver wouldn't have the same amount of time off, right? :rolleyes:

Legendary30
05-08-2009, 08:29 AM
This waiting 4 days to play sucks.

Atwnbroncfan
05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Do you complain about EVERYTHING? Denver and Dallas are the teams getting the rest now. I don't even know how you can say the NBA schedule is in favor of the Lakers. Oh, unless you expect us to win the next 3 and get like a week off until the Western Finals. It isn't like Denver wouldn't have the same amount of time off, right? :rolleyes:

You shouldnt complain you get every call even tho ur team was just throwing cheap shot after cheap shot the other night. The only guy i respected on the Lakers, Fischer, I no longer respect for that cheap shot he threw on scola. But im sure scola flopped, he is one of the floppers is.

Just wait if its a Nuggs-Lakers series, Lakers will get every little call, while as always melo will be banging and physical down low and get no calls. The NBA has the worst refing in any sport. I dont care if they call touch fouls, but the key is they need to be CONSISTENT, not one sided. The nba is never consistent. Thats my main complaint.

BroncoRy
05-08-2009, 09:10 AM
nice denver nugget article from ESPN

We hardly talked about the Denver Nuggets all season, even as they won 54 games and finished with the second-best record in the Western Conference. We looked to other teams -- San Antonio, Utah, Portland, even New Orleans -- as potential foils for the Lakers' dynasty and never gave the Nuggets a second look. Even after they changed their stripes with an offseason roster makeover and in-season trade for Chauncey Billups, we thought they were too volatile, too unsteady and too selfish to be real contenders. Forget about under the radar, these Nuggets are downright subterranean. If a team such as L.A. or Cleveland had romped through its first seven games of the playoffs like this, we would be pulling up comparisons with the greatest teams in history. But because these are the Nuggets, they've made barely a ripple.

The Rocky Horror Time Zone isn't doing them any favors, but at any time of day, the networks don't seem too enthralled with their story. Take the Nuggets' historic 58-point pounding of the Hornets, for instance -- TNT didn't, so the game was exiled to the barren wilds of NBA TV and broadcast by announcers who weren't in the building.

So if you haven't been paying attention to the Nuggets, I'm here to tell you -- no, implore you -- to pay attention to the Nuggets, because there's a chance you might be seeing an awful lot of them in June.

For starters, they appear to have already booked a trip into the conference finals. Denver is up 2-0 in the conference semifinals, and teams that are up 2-0 win 93 percent of playoff series. But it's not just that the Nuggets are up 2-0; it's also that this series, which looked like a good matchup just a few days ago, now appears to be a mismatch.

Dallas won 50 games, finished 25-13 in its final 38 games and knocked out San Antonio in five games, yet the Mavs are nowhere near as good as Denver. At several times during the first two games, the Nuggets had five of the seven best players on the court. Late in the first quarter Tuesday night, when the lineups were Billups-J.R. Smith-Carmelo Anthony-Chris Andersen-Nene against J.J. Barea-Jason Terry-Jason Kidd-James Singleton-Erick Dampier, you could argue the Nuggets had the better player at every position.

They're still a secret outside Colorado, but it's a different story along the Front Range. The Pepsi Center has become more boisterous by the day, with fans expecting every 3-point attempt by Billups and Smith to draw net and cheering as soon as the ball leaves their hands. Tuesday night, they serenaded the Mavs with a "You can't beat us!" chant, as Marc Stein detailed.

It wasn't bravado, either. They were just saying what everyone was already thinking.

So is this team a legitimate contender? Let's get down to the nitty-gritty and see.

For starters, there's the impressive postseason run. Denver won six of its first seven contests and won them by an average of 21 points per game -- the greatest average margin through seven playoff games in league history. Of the five previous teams to post margins of plus-14 or better in their first seven games, four won the NBA title. I'll take that as a positive omen.

Better yet, we have reason to believe that the Nuggets' great playoff run is just a continuation of the way they closed out the regular season. Excluding a meaningless, season-ending game in Portland, Denver finished the season 14-2.

The two losses were on the road, to the Lakers (by 14, without Kenyon Martin) and to the Suns (by three). The 14 wins, meanwhile, were mostly one-sided affairs. The Nuggets' average scoring margin in that streak was plus-10 points per game; throw in the seven playoff games, and in their past 23 meaningful games, they're 20-3 with a plus-13.4 average scoring margin. Ouch.

Of course, the Nuggets had played 65 games before that point and weren't nearly as impressive. After the All-Star break, they lost six straight road games, including contests in Indiana and Sacramento. In February, they lost to Boston by 38 and to New Jersey by 44. So why should we believe that this recent hot streak is somehow more indicative of their level going forward?

The answer, basically, is health.

Although a lot of teams struggle with minor ailments (or major ones) by this point, the Nuggets are healthier than they've been all season. Their run began when Anthony Carter returned from a hip injury to solidify the backcourt rotation and Martin returned from a lower-back strain to fortify the frontcourt. Martin missed a few more games with sore ribs, but everybody else played.

Then there's Carmelo Anthony's elbow. It clearly bothered him for most of the first half of the season, as he shot blanks until around mid-March. It's not just a coincidence that the Nuggets snapped their road losing streak when Melo pumped in 35 at Memphis, or that he had 29 and 43 in consecutive road wins in New Orleans and Dallas a week later.

In the 20-game stretch starting with the Memphis game (but excluding the meaningless, season-ending Portland game), Anthony is back to putting up the Melo numbers we expect: He's averaging 25.2 points per game and shooting 46.3 percent from the floor. Because of all the blowout wins, he's doing this in just 35.4 minutes per game. That puts his per-minute scoring on par with that of his previous two seasons, after he had fallen far short of that level for the first three-quarters of the season.

In addition, he's providing another Melo number we hadn't expected: 4.3 assists per game. Anthony has averaged only 3.1 for his career and remained at that level most of the season, so perhaps now is when the Nuggets' newfound esprit de corps has finally rubbed off on what had been one of its most reluctant practitioners. And Melo visibly defended harder this season and increased his rebound rate for a third consecutive season.

From there, things have just snowballed. Smith struggled with his shot for much of the season, for reasons that aren't entirely clear. In Denver's torrid 23-game stretch, he has made a total U-turn, averaging 19.9 points a game off the bench and shooting 44.6 percent on 3-pointers -- a pretty daunting number considering he's attempting more than nine a game. (Expected return on his 9.3 3-point attempts: 12.4 points, for a true shooting percentage of 66.7. No wonder the fans start cheering as soon as he winds up.)

Then there's Mr. Big Shot. Remember, this whole "leading a near-invisible 54-win team that gets scorching-hot in March, upsets the Lakers and takes the league by storm" thing isn't new ground for him: He and his Detroit Pistons did the same thing in 2004.

This time around, his jump shot has been a major player in the story. Like Smith, Billups was shooting below his career averages for much of the season but has been making up for it in a major way ever since. In fact, he has made Smith look like a rank amateur. In the team's 23-game hot streak, Billups is shooting an amazing 51.3 percent on 3-pointers.

It's not hard to connect the dots here. When Anthony rediscovered his touch, defenses had to pay more attention, and when he started sharing the ball, Billups and Smith benefited with a slew of wide-open looks. More winning begat more sharing, and all of a sudden, the Nuggies look unstoppable.

We don't know where this story ends. Denver could end up like the 1986 Lakers, who had nearly as torrid a postseason start before flaming out in five games against Houston in the conference finals. Or they could end up being the third lightning-in-a-bottle champion in the past six years, like Billups' 2004 Pistons and the Miami Heat in 2006.

All I know for sure is that we haven't been paying any attention to these guys, and we're missing out on what could become the year's biggest story. They may play in an inconvenient time zone and lack a little in the superstar department, but every shred of evidence we have says the Nuggets have become a legitimate title contender. It's high time we treat them as such.

BroncoManiac_69
05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Great read Ry and nice find. :salute:

I can't wait until tomorrow. :dance:

CoryWinget81
05-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Great read Ry and nice find. :salute:

I can't wait until tomorrow. :dance:

I have confidence we can get the win tomorrow, but the refs are going to call every single little ticky tack thing when we take the Mavs on on their home floor.

CodyRoark
05-08-2009, 09:49 AM
We can win and we will win! We'll play tough on them... :go:

Legendary30
05-08-2009, 09:58 AM
"They may play in an inconvenient time zone and lack a little in the superstar department...."

Thats news to me! Its BS when they make the Nuggets start @9pm local time just for the convience of the rest of America. Damn games ending @ midnight local time. They lack Superstars? Compared to who?? The Celtics maybe? Who are the other "Super stars" on the Lakers and Cavs besides Lebron and Kobe?? If mo williams and Lamar Odom are "Super stars" then so are Chauncey and Melo.

CodyRoark
05-08-2009, 10:23 AM
The Superstars:
Cavs:
Lebron James
Mo Williams(maybe)

Lakers:
Kobe Bryant

Nuggets:
Carmelo
Chauncey
Nene
Chris Andersen
JR Smith

Lamar Odom is trash, he's a dirty player, and nonetheless a classless thug... He belongs in the streets not on the court...

I laughed when Birdman grabbed the ball away from Odom and Odom started talking his trash in Denver... Birdman would rock Odom. :go:

Atwnbroncfan
05-08-2009, 10:26 AM
The Superstars:
Cavs:
Lebron James
Mo Williams(maybe)

Lakers:
Kobe Bryant

Nuggets:
Carmelo
Chauncey
Nene
Chris Andersen
JR Smith

Lamar Odom is trash, he's a dirty player, and nonetheless a classless thug... He belongs in the streets not on the court...

I laughed when Birdman grabbed the ball away from Odom and Odom started talking his trash in Denver... Birdman would rock Odom. :go:

I love the nuggs but thats a bit homerish. Melo and Billups are but Andersen isnt a superstat. Great role player yes, but superstar no. And JR Smith and Nene are good-great players. Although Smith could develop into a superstar. And Mo Williams is not a superstar either. Kobe is a classless thug as well.

BroncoManiac_69
05-08-2009, 10:42 AM
"They may play in an inconvenient time zone and lack a little in the superstar department...."

It's always been like that. Sad but true.

Oh.. I just responded to your facebook :laugh:

Gr3yStreet
05-08-2009, 10:44 AM

My dad has called it "The Forgotten Time Zone" as long as I have been alive.

It is what it is.

VenomousDB
05-08-2009, 10:58 AM
nice denver nugget article from ESPN

I read this the other day. Its an alright article, but what the hell is up with "Rocky Horry Time Zone"-Thats just some east coast schmuck talking right there.

Spice 1
05-08-2009, 11:21 AM
The Nuggets are playing at a high level right now, but I'll be interested to see how they look against a team that plays defense.

Atwnbroncfan
05-08-2009, 12:42 PM
The Nuggets are playing at a high level right now, but I'll be interested to see how they look against a team that plays defense.

Well the only team that plays d in the west is the rockets so who knows if we even play them. Cavs-Nuggs finals would be fun to watch.

Spice 1
05-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Well the only team that plays d in the west is the rockets so who knows if we even play them. Cavs-Nuggs finals would be fun to watch.

I agree 100%. The contrast between the cavs and nuggs would be fun to watch. LeBron and all of the athletes on Denver's roster would be high octane.

licence_to_kill
05-08-2009, 10:11 PM
The Superstars:
Cavs:
Lebron James
Mo Williams(maybe)

Lakers:
Kobe Bryant

Nuggets:
Carmelo
Chauncey
Nene
Chris Andersen
JR Smith

Homer post of the century.

Gr3yStreet
05-09-2009, 10:05 AM
It's a good day to crush the Mavericks spirit!

Let's go Nuggets!

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2009, 10:40 AM
It's a good day to crush the Mavericks spirit!

Let's go Nuggets!

Agreed sir, but Dallas tough at home. Should be a good game, and hate to say it Dirk will get more calls if that was possible.

VenomousDB
05-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I think we're playing well, but we just cannot get anything to drop. Sometimes all the shots go your way, sometimes they dont. So we just need to keep getting to the hoop.

Oh and does anyone else hate that women commentator. She cant pronounce her S's..they all sound like Sh, its sooooo annoying.

VenomousDB
05-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Thank God for the Birdman! :salute!: :salute!: :go:

BroncoRy
05-09-2009, 02:55 PM
I think we're playing well, but we just cannot get anything to drop. Sometimes all the shots go your way, sometimes they dont. So we just need to keep getting to the hoop.

Oh and does anyone else hate that women commentator. She cant pronounce her S's..they all sound like Sh, its sooooo annoying.

The female commentator is horrid. She clearly does not know the Nuggets. She mentioned Anderson would stay in depending upon his scoring.....uh, hello, what ignorance.

If Denver can get someone hot it looks like this game is theirs for the taking.

VenomousDB
05-09-2009, 03:10 PM
The female commentator is horrid. She clearly does not know the Nuggets. She mentioned Anderson would stay in depending upon his scoring.....uh, hello, what ignorance.

If Denver can get someone hot it looks like this game is theirs for the taking.

She compared that Birdman foul on the breakaway to Derek Fishers foul.
And the guy just said that JR Smith got a couple defensive player of the year votes. :laugh: Am I missing something?

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Whats sad is we shot the worst ive ever seen. And were winning lol

Gr3yStreet
05-09-2009, 03:28 PM

She is driving me CRAZY!

CinnaMunMun
05-09-2009, 04:11 PM
She is driving me CRAZY!

She sounds like a Jodie Foster wannabie.....

VenomousDB
05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
And she doesnt know how to pronounce Nowitzki's name right

Anyways, whats up with all the fouls man. The refs should let them play!

White Dragon
05-09-2009, 04:53 PM
If this game gets called evenly, then the Nuggets would be ahead in another 4th quarter blowout.

VenomousDB
05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Lets send this to OT guys!!!!!!

CinnaMunMun
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Holy crap what a finish! :eek:

VenomousDB
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
YES YES YES YES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....stop whining Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!! the refs didnt call **** on you all day and now you want to whine about not getting called for the foul on the last call!!! Tough crap!!!!!!!!!!!

Peerless
05-09-2009, 05:05 PM
LOL Mark Cuban! :laugh:

Gr3yStreet
05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
MELO is a G!!!!!!!!

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Classic Melo in clutch moment what a G

MileHighPimp303
05-09-2009, 05:56 PM
The NBA, where will officiating happen this year.
LET THEM PLAY, so we can get back to blowing out people.
GO NUGGETS

Broncosojia
05-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Man, the Mavs got hosed, but I gotta give props to Melo for making that shot.

VenomousDB
05-09-2009, 06:50 PM
After watching that play a few more times, I can honestly say that was hardly a foul. He even threw his arms up like he didnt mean to do try and foul Melo.

BroncoManiac_69
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Man, the Mavs got hosed, but I gotta give props to Melo for making that shot.

The Mavs did NOT get hosed. In that situation, I was telling my wife. You grab (hug) the player or at least slap your arms down to knock the ball out.

You DON'T just "bump" into the guy. That "let them play" mentality happens all the time and a purpose foul did not occur.

Letting the play go on was the right call I don't care what Dallas fans say.

And for Melo to continue on and MAKE the 3 point shot I completely jumped up and down and was screaming OMG!! WE WON!!

Woot Woot!! GO NUGGETS.

So now Denver fans. Lose game 4 and bring it home in front of the Denver fans?

Or win game 4 and rest?

What would be your preference?

I say bring it home, which I already thought we would drop one in Dallas.

But to complete the series in 4 is a MAJOR statement.

Paying attention Laker fans?

licence_to_kill
05-09-2009, 07:41 PM
She is driving me CRAZY!

All you can hear is:

"Woman talking"
"Woman talking"

njyz
05-09-2009, 07:43 PM
After watching that play a few more times, I can honestly say that was hardly a foul. He even threw his arms up like he didnt mean to do try and foul Melo.

Exactly. Intentional foul means wrap up the arms. Winners do not pull their arms back and let Anthony put up potential game-winner. Wright watched the shot sink and then started disputing the lack of a foul call from a few moments earlier. Props to Anthony for being aware and playing to the whistle. Dallas is a joke this year and hopefully we wrap this thing up without anything ugly happening.

Gr3yStreet
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
All you can hear is:

"Woman talking"
"Woman talking"

*sigh*

NO.

I DON'T just hear "Woman Talking". The fact she is a she makes 0 difference. The fact that about 99% of the comments she makes and totally irrelevant or painfully obvious and she has absolutely NO NBA experience to offer as a commentator is the problem.

Good god.

Gr3yStreet
05-09-2009, 08:30 PM
The Mavs did NOT get hosed. In that situation, I was telling my wife. You grab (hug) the player or at least slap your arms down to knock the ball out.

You DON'T just "bump" into the guy. That "let them play" mentality happens all the time and a purpose foul did not occur.

Letting the play go on was the right call I don't care what Dallas fans say.

And for Melo to continue on and MAKE the 3 point shot I completely jumped up and down and was screaming OMG!! WE WON!!

Woot Woot!! GO NUGGETS.

So now Denver fans. Lose game 4 and bring it home in front of the Denver fans?

Or win game 4 and rest?

What would be your preference?

I say bring it home, which I already thought we would drop one in Dallas.

But to complete the series in 4 is a MAJOR statement.

Paying attention Laker fans?

Crush 'em on the road. Rest and make the Lakers think about you.

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Crush 'em on the road. Rest and make the Lakers think about you.

Agreed, but news just broke that Yao is out for rest of playoffs. So their series will be done by tuesday. No way Rockets with out Yao or TMac beat the Lakers, just no way that will happen.

BroncoManiac_69
05-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Agreed, but news just broke that Yao is out for rest of playoffs. So their series will be done by tuesday. No way Rockets with out Yao or TMac beat the Lakers, just no way that will happen.

Bring on the Lakers!! :fight: I'm tired of hearing about them.

At least the Nuggets are getting talked about now.

And I dunno... *shrugs*

I don't mind the lady announcer so much. :huh:

We had a lady referee in game one.

EDIT: That's too bad about Yao. I like him.

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Bring on the Lakers!! :fight: I'm tired of hearing about them.

At least the Nuggets are getting talked about now.

And I dunno... *shrugs*

I don't mind the lady announcer so much. :huh:

We had a lady referee in game one.

EDIT: That's too bad about Yao. I like him.

I hated that lady announcers, she has always been the worst ive ever heard. The lady ref on the other hand is actually a good ref, unlike all the guy refs she stays consistent and fair on both sides.

LbloodOjunkieG
05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I like how all the Nugget fans are trying to justify the win today. Intentional fouls aren't always wrapping the guy up. In fact most intentional fouls are just what Wright did. I want the Nuggets to take the series, but that was clearly a foul that wasn't called.

licence_to_kill
05-09-2009, 09:25 PM
*sigh*

NO.

I DON'T just hear "Woman Talking". The fact she is a she makes 0 difference. The fact that about 99% of the comments she makes and totally irrelevant or painfully obvious and she has absolutely NO NBA experience to offer as a commentator is the problem.

Good god.

Im sorry that joke went way over your head.

dieselpower
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Bring on the Cavs...:go:

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
I like how all the Nugget fans are trying to justify the win today. Intentional fouls aren't always wrapping the guy up. In fact most intentional fouls are just what Wright did. I want the Nuggets to take the series, but that was clearly a foul that wasn't called.

Who cares even with that Denver would still win. Should have it been called yes, but does that justify Wright just quiting on the play, NO. Wright never should have waited, he should have fouled melo when he lost the ball at the top of the key. They can whine all they want, but Mavs got every call possible. So not getting one is ok with me obviously.

And Cuban isnt making a good showing by acting like a 4 year old.

BroncoManiac_69
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM

Defender should have made sure the foul was called. Made sure Melo didn't get a shot off. Instead he started the complaining even before the buzzer.

BroncoManiac_69
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
ESPN just announced the NBA has officially offered an apology to the Mavericks for what happened. A foul should have been called.

I saw a new view of the play and it does in fact appear that a foul should have been called.

The original video replays did not show the from above view that I just saw.

Dallas has a case to complain after all.

White Dragon
05-09-2009, 10:10 PM
ESPN just announced the NBA has officially offered an apology to the Mavericks for what happened. A foul should have been called.

I saw a new view of the play and it does in fact appear that a foul should have been called.

The original video replays did not show the from above view that I just saw.

Dallas has a case to complain after all.

So what?

There were at least 15-20 fouls that SHOULD HAVE been called on Dallas that weren't... why would they call that last one when they didn't call them all game?

BroncoManiac_69
05-09-2009, 10:18 PM
So what?

There were at least 15-20 fouls that SHOULD HAVE been called on Dallas that weren't... why would they call that last one when they didn't call them all game?

Rick Carlisle had a point about a game that had 60 something fouls in it and when they tried to give that one, it wasn't called. The foul should have been more aggressive IMO. I personally think it wasn't a foul in an obviously aggressive series already.

The refs knew they had a foul to give. We all did. My original opinion was grab the guy. Hug him like we usually see to prevent any further action.

I'm not defending Dallas what so ever but can kinda see both sides of this argument. :huh:

I'm just glad Denver was on the winning side of this "controversy". :thumb:

Just like a certain fumble we won't bring up. :D

CodyRoark
05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Goodness, people who aren't Denver fans are crying and moaning left and right... I saw the play, he could have slapped his arm or grabbed him, he bumped him and backed off of Melo, bad choice for Wright... No foul, clear shot perfect swish and victory for Denver! :go:

LbloodOjunkieG
05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't want to get into an argument or anything about it, I just wanted to state my opinion. To me, it was a clear foul, and if I were a Dallas Maverick fan I would be very upset. Denver played a good game though.

LbloodOjunkieG
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Goodness, people who aren't Denver fans are crying and moaning left and right... I saw the play, he could have slapped his arm or grabbed him, he bumped him and backed off of Melo, bad choice for Wright... No foul, clear shot perfect swish and victory for Denver! :go:

Easy for you to say, your team won!!! If the tables were turned, you wouldn't be happy.
Denver has a foul to give, Dallas inbounds to Nowitzki, Nowitzki drives, Martin fouls, OH no foul was called!!! Nowitzki shoots, he scoooorrrres!!!!

You would be angry.

DawgFanatic
05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Of course it was a foul. This is the NBA.....you touch the guy with the ball, your going to get a foul called on you. Obviously the Refs screwed up and the NBA took the blame. The Nuggets still would of won the series even if they lost that game. IMO.

Can't wait till LAL vs DN

Yao is out for the rest of the season, there goes Houston's chances.

CodyRoark
05-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Easy for you to say, your team won!!! If the tables were turned, you wouldn't be happy.
Denver has a foul to give, Dallas inbounds to Nowitzki, Nowitzki drives, Martin fouls, OH no foul was called!!! Nowitzki shoots, he scoooorrrres!!!!

You would be angry.

But that didn't happen...
All Wright had to do was grab Melo not bump him and put his hands up.

LbloodOjunkieG
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEwrQjM2yQo

48 second mark, Wright clearly hacks Carmelo across the forearm. Listen to the announcers, even they are baffled no call was made.

LbloodOjunkieG
05-09-2009, 10:41 PM
But that didn't happen...
All Wright had to do was grab Melo not bump him and put his hands up.

I know that didn't happen, but you said "People who aren't Denver fans are moaning left and right" Well of course, if it were the other way around all Denver fans would be complaining.

BroncoManiac_69
05-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't want to get into an argument or anything about it, I just wanted to state my opinion. To me, it was a clear foul, and if I were a Dallas Maverick fan I would be very upset. Denver played a good game though.

Dallas is very upset no doubt. It was a huge turn of events that is now in the books. It could have gone both ways and as the announcers stated, this will be discussed for YEARS to come. Especially when we play each other in the future.

Of course it was a foul. This is the NBA.....you touch the guy with the ball, your going to get a foul called on you. Obviously the Refs screwed up and the NBA took the blame. The Nuggets still would of won the series even if they lost that game. IMO.

Can't wait till LAL vs DN

Yao is out for the rest of the season, there goes Houston's chances.

The Yao injury is unfortunate. I like the guy. Houston took a big shot in the ass. Not the arm.

You don't want to see us against Cleveland. ;)

LbloodOjunkieG
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Dallas is very upset no doubt. It was a huge turn of events that is now in the books. It could have gone both ways and as the announcers stated, this will be discussed for YEARS to come. Especially when we play each other in the future.

The Yao injury is unfortunate. I like the guy. Houston took a big shot in the ass. Not the arm.

You don't want to see us against Cleveland. ;)

The Yao injury saddens me very much. I love Yao, he plays with heart and intensity, but his body just won't hold up for him. It's sad. He has talked about retiring by the time he is 30.

As for the Denver Nugget game, I am on your side Nugget fans. I want to see Denver in the Finals, and hopefully beat LeBron James. I just found it funny some people were trying to justify the win tonight, not thinking Antoine Wright clearly fouled Melo.

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEwrQjM2yQo

48 second mark, Wright clearly hacks Carmelo across the forearm. Listen to the announcers, even they are baffled no call was made.

Anything the girl announcer says doenst matter bc if u watched the game u know she is lost. She is the worst announcer ive ever heard.

Atwnbroncfan
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
The Yao injury saddens me very much. I love Yao, he plays with heart and intensity, but his body just won't hold up for him. It's sad. He has talked about retiring by the time he is 30.

As for the Denver Nugget game, I am on your side Nugget fans. I want to see Denver in the Finals, and hopefully beat LeBron James. I just found it funny some people were trying to justify the win tonight, not thinking Antoine Wright clearly fouled Melo.

And yea as i said Wright did foul him, but no matter what even if you assume a foul is coming you dont stop. That was just a stupid mistake on Wrights part. Most likely if Wright stuck with him Melo isnt hitting an off balance 3 with a guy in his face.

LbloodOjunkieG
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Anything the girl announcer says doenst matter bc if u watched the game u know she is lost. She is the worst announcer ive ever heard.

haha Idk, I watched the game and didn't really notice her. Isn't that Nancy Lieberman? If it is she played in the WNBA.

BroncoManiac_69
05-10-2009, 12:39 AM
And yea as i said Wright did foul him, but no matter what even if you assume a foul is coming you dont stop. That was just a stupid mistake on Wrights part. Most likely if Wright stuck with him Melo isnt hitting an off balance 3 with a guy in his face.

Exactly. Don't turn to the refs complaining already before the play is actually over.

haha Idk, I watched the game and didn't really notice her. Isn't that Nancy Lieberman? If it is she played in the WNBA.

I don't think it was Nancy. I was just trying to search to find out who she is with no luck. I missed the beginning of the game when announcements are made.

I know that didn't happen, but you said "People who aren't Denver fans are moaning left and right" Well of course, if it were the other way around all Denver fans would be complaining.

I expected to lose this game. So losing wouldn't have had this fan complaining. Just thinking coulda shoulda woulda.

Let's say the foul was actually called. We don't know what would have happened after that. (probably a loss) no biggie.

Denver could turn around and beat them again and end the series.

I expect Dallas to come out pissed off in game 4 no doubt. We may drop that game and bring it home.

Either way, Nuggets will win this series.

And I for one am LOVING IT!! :dance:

chazoe60
05-10-2009, 12:48 AM
The way I look at the end of the Nugs game is this: If Melo had missed the shot all the Mavs would have been saying "what foul? We didn't foul!"

LbloodOjunkieG
05-10-2009, 01:09 AM
The way I look at the end of the Nugs game is this: If Melo had missed the shot all the Mavs would have been saying "what foul? We didn't foul!"

And Melo and the Nuggets would be crying "He fouled me!!!!"
It works both ways my friend.

Gr3yStreet
05-10-2009, 01:12 AM
P.S.

Because I know few people venture into this section...

Remember the "trade rumors" involving Melo last off-season?

Yeah...Melo handled it like a PROFESSIONAL and came out and PROVED that he is the man.

Heck yeah Melo! Way to be THE MAN (along with Chauncey) in Denver sports. At least someone is.

12and4
05-10-2009, 02:08 AM
i was watching this game with a mavs fan. I'm not much of an NBA fan, but why not cheer for nuggets? right...

I told him watch, 3 pointer...(long shot)...

And he shoots the three and I swear to you he was gonna cry.

Did you see the way the owner of mavs was pushing people around and yelling HORSE **** lol...

CodyRoark
05-10-2009, 08:32 AM
That right there proves that Marc Cuban has no Character or respect. He that's flat out bull, you don't ever hear anything about any other owners getting into altercations with people/players/cameramen and they sure as hell don't make themselves look like a crying little girl who'd just lost a talent show...

Cuban disgusts me!

Go Melo!

haha