PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]

12and4
02-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Dude these aren't the nuggets.

vLordChronicv
02-24-2012, 03:25 AM
kinda sucks to watch JR and Mello play for the Knicks :(

i want faried as starter, needs expierence.

12and4
02-24-2012, 12:01 PM
He's too sloppy.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2012, 12:16 PM
lolol

sucks to see melo play for the knicks?

lololololol

johnlimburg
02-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Dude these aren't the nuggets.

The D has been poor all year. And these injuries are another convenient excuse for George to why he cannot get his team to play defense.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2012, 06:44 PM
lol

You are so harsh.

GK is one of the best coaches in the game. We've been missing 2 starters for an extended period of time. Ty and AAA have missed some too, along with Timo. Not to mention Brewer and Rudy.

GK is NOT the problem, not even close. :laugh:

The Experience
02-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Hey now guys, we are all a team here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0spFY1I2NQ

12and4
02-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Hey now guys, we are all a team here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0spFY1I2NQ

This is what happens when we only have one thread.

broncoFan!
02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
This is what happens when we only have one thread.

That's what's up. Yahhh (http://nuggets.proboards.com/index.cgi) ;)

The Experience
02-24-2012, 11:06 PM
That's what's up. Yahhh (http://nuggets.proboards.com/index.cgi) ;)

I pretty much hate that board. Everyone is so damn negative and no body really knows anything about basketball.

I seldom post on that site.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2012, 11:08 PM
I pretty much hate that board. Everyone is so damn negative and no body really knows anything about basketball.

I seldom post on that site.

That board is awful.

Thus the reason I am trying to get a Denver Sports section here dedicated to our major sports teams -- Nuggets, Rockies and Avs.

None of them have boards I really like. I'm on this board a lot anyways, as are most of us, so why not just make this board our only go to board.

broncoFan!
02-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Heh, I was going to join that board to get some info on my Nuggets. I am a new fan to the NBA so it should be a pretty interesting season for me. :D

johnlimburg
02-24-2012, 11:23 PM
That board is awful.

Thus the reason I am trying to get a Denver Sports section here dedicated to our major sports teams -- Nuggets, Rockies and Avs.

None of them have boards I really like. I'm on this board a lot anyways, as are most of us, so why not just make this board our only go to board.

Yes we need a Nuggets section to have threads on other topics. We had that AFC West section and I posted some stats and it was pretty clear that Colorado sports would be more active.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes we need a Nuggets section to have threads on other topics. We had that AFC West section and I posted some stats and it was pretty clear that Colorado sports would be more active.

:td:

Something we agree on ;)

johnlimburg
02-24-2012, 11:51 PM
It would be good to have gameday threads and what not also.

Peanut
02-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Nuggets---topic of thread.

Personal jabs--- :nono:

Understanding of the rules--- = no IPs

Thank you for your attention.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2012, 11:55 PM
It would be good to have gameday threads and what not also.

If we get our own forum, I'll create Nugget Game Day Threads, I don't mind doing that.

However, I doubt the mods will sticky them for the day because of how many games there are. But, as long as they remained bumped, that wouldn't be a problem.

johnlimburg
02-25-2012, 12:05 AM
If we get our own forum, I'll create Nugget Game Day Threads, I don't mind doing that.

However, I doubt the mods will sticky them for the day because of how many games there are. But, as long as they remained bumped, that wouldn't be a problem.

Well they would be at the top anyway for essentially the duration of the game and after also as when the Nuggets play a bunch of people post in this thread so they would just post in the gameday thread. So it really wouldn't matter.

It would also be great to have trade ideas and when free agency to speak about specific guys and what not without it getting lost two posts down the discussion.

Broncoholic3233
02-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Well they would be at the top anyway for essentially the duration of the game and after also as when the Nuggets play a bunch of people post in this thread so they would just post in the gameday thread. So it really wouldn't matter.

It would also be great to have trade ideas and when free agency to speak about specific guys and what not without it getting lost two posts down the discussion.

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem unless we get extreme traffic and other Nuggets threads get bumped during the game.

Yes, separate threads for different Nuggets topics (game day, trades, players, FA, etc...) would be nice. This one big thread gets too cluttered, things get lost, and people aren't able to respond.

johnlimburg
02-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah, shouldn't be a problem unless we get extreme traffic and other Nuggets threads get bumped during the game.

Yes, separate threads for different Nuggets topics (game day, trades, players, FA, etc...) would be nice. This one big thread gets too cluttered, things get lost, and people aren't able to respond.

Exactly. Someone could bring up a topic before a game starts about a trade or something and by the time the game is done it is 5 pages later and the topic is forgotten about.

The Experience
02-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Count me in on that Denver Sports section.

It's a great Idea

Broncoholic3233
02-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Count me in on that Denver Sports section.

It's a great Idea

Voice you opinion in the feedback section. We have a thread in there about it. More supporters the better.

12and4
02-25-2012, 12:35 PM
How about we treat this section as if its a nuggets section and screw the rest?

Just make a new thread on whatever topic you want to chat about, but in the title put [NUGGS] *title*

For instance:

[NUGGS] Trade talk
[NUGGS] George Karl is overrated
[NUGGS] AAA is overpaid
[NUGGS] Nene is overly soft
[NUGGS] Andre Miller is overly sensitive
[NUGGS] Chandler

Broncoholic3233
02-25-2012, 12:37 PM
How about we treat this section as if its a nuggets section and screw the rest?

Just make a new thread on whatever topic you want to chat about, but in the title put [NUGGS] *title*

For instance:

[NUGGS] Trade talk
[NUGGS] George Karl is overrated
[NUGGS] AAA is the best player to ever play
[NUGGS] Nene is overly soft
[NUGGS] Andre Miller is overly sensitive
[NUGGS] Chandler

I like the idea.

I'll start making game day threads.

nic.zeman24
02-25-2012, 12:40 PM
I am liking these ideas, it would be nice to have our own area. I posted the news on Chandler but it was before a game so I knew it would be burried

Broncoholic3233
02-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I am liking these ideas, it would be nice to have our own area. I posted the news on Chandler but it was before a game so I knew it would be burried

Post your support in the feedback thread then.

Like I said to TheExperience, the more support, the better.

Broncoholic3233
02-25-2012, 01:55 PM
The Chinese Basketball Association has reportedly denied Wilson Chandler his 'Letter of Clearance' to play in the NBA -- he is expected to petition FIBA for clearance, and the matter could be resolved within a week.

Most sources seem optimistic, but there is definitely some uncertainty here. There are even rumors that he might sit out this season to sign as an unrestricted FA in the summer, but he's more likely to bring an offer sheet to the Nuggets this week as a restricted FA. Stay tuned.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1403/wilson-chandler

The Experience
02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1403/wilson-chandler

China is such a joke....

Cyrend
02-28-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm confused. Is basketball different than football in regards to contract years being accrued? How can he sit out and be a FA if he spent all year not on the Nuggets? Why does that count as a year accrued on his contract?

The Experience
02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm confused. Is basketball different than football in regards to contract years being accrued? How can he sit out and be a FA if he spent all year not on the Nuggets? Why does that count as a year accrued on his contract?

If he sits out he will still be an RFA as far as I know. The only way he could be a UFA is if he signs with Denver for the remainder of the year, which Masai has said the absolutely will not do.

The Experience
02-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Brandon Roy is considering a comeback.

Should the Nuggets pursue?

Broncoholic JS
02-28-2012, 07:56 PM

Yes they should

InElwayWeTrust
02-28-2012, 07:56 PM

YES!!!

It would be stupid to not even bring him in for a workout/physical.

The Experience
02-28-2012, 08:29 PM
YES!!!

It would be stupid to not even bring him in for a workout/physical.

Yes they should

I agree with both of you.

Sign him to a contract loaded with incentives. He could be a huge piece to the puzzle if he's healthy.

Broncoholic JS
02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
I agree with both of you.

Sign him to a contract loaded with incentives. He could be a huge piece to the puzzle if he's healthy.

I hated playing him, he ALWAYS killed us!

The Experience
02-28-2012, 09:38 PM
I hated playing him, he ALWAYS killed us!

IMO he was the most underrated player in the NBA.

If Roy could be healthy and the Nuggets signed him. That would give us our legit Superstar. He's a great closer also.

Broncoholic JS
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
IMO he was the most underrated player in the NBA.

If Roy could be healthy and the Nuggets signed him. That would give us our legit Superstar. He's a great closer also.

He is Kobe closer caliber yes

Broncoholic3233
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
No thanks.

For multiple reasons....

1) Too expensive.
2) What would we do with AAA? He's making too much to be a backup. Just trade him?
3) He could easily get injured right away and have to leave.
4) Everything I've read has said if he comes back, Blazer return is likely.

If it was like in place of Miller or something as a backup PG/SG, then possibly, but like I said, based on the name, the contract is going to be very pricey.

Roy is very good, but too many question marks.

The Experience
02-28-2012, 11:13 PM
No thanks.

For multiple reasons....

1) Too expensive.
2) What would we do with AAA? He's making too much to be a backup. Just trade him?
3) He could easily get injured right away and have to leave.
4) Everything I've read has said if he comes back, Blazer return is likely.

If it was like in place of Miller or something as a backup PG/SG, then possibly, but like I said, based on the name, the contract is going to be very pricey.

Roy is very good, but too many question marks.

I think the injury problems will prevent anyone from paying him a lot.

The rest of the concerns are valid. But if he's healthy we'd be dumb to not kick the tires on him.

Broncoholic3233
02-28-2012, 11:19 PM
I think the injury problems will prevent anyone from paying him a lot.

The rest of the concerns are valid. But if he's healthy we'd be dumb to not kick the tires on him.

Yeah.

I think it'd have to be in a backup role though.

Would he be willing to do that? Would the contract be low enough to make it worth it?

I mean obviously he'd still play big minutes (if he could), and probably take the place of Miller. It's just not plausible to sign him to take AAA's spot and get rid of him. Roy could have his career ended (again) at any second unfortunately because of his knees. Then we'd have no AAA or Roy.

I'd be all for it if the price was right, and it was in our 6th man role in place of Miller. That's the only move that would make sense to me.

johnlimburg
02-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Time to get back to the great top 2 seed form we played with early in the season. I am 100% positive we can get back to that. Starts against Portland.

And hell yes on Roy. We need a closer and a good isolation player outisde of Gallo in the worst way. It would help the half court offense in the final minutes of games. He could come off the bench and get 15-25 minutes per game. With his injury concerns he is not going to come back and play 35 minutes every night. He will more than likely not get a starting role. off the bench and as getting around 20 minutes per game and he could be the go to guy. Would love it for cheap. JR Smith type contract.

Axemaster
02-29-2012, 10:34 AM
10 of the next 12 are at home, so they better make hay while they can!!! 9-3 or 10-2 is not too much to Expect I don't think.

As far as being a #2 seed, that would be nice, but will the teams that are ahead of them, will they fall that much back?

Broncoholic3233
02-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Time to get back to the great top 2 seed form we played with early in the season. I am 100% positive we can get back to that. Starts against Portland.

And hell yes on Roy. We need a closer and a good isolation player outisde of Gallo in the worst way. It would help the half court offense in the final minutes of games. He could come off the bench and get 15-25 minutes per game. With his injury concerns he is not going to come back and play 35 minutes every night. He will more than likely not get a starting role. off the bench and as getting around 20 minutes per game and he could be the go to guy. Would love it for cheap. JR Smith type contract.

Yup. Huge game tonight, HAVE to start winning again.

Also, I agree on Roy. As you said, and I said earlier, it hinges on the backup role. Pretty much take Andre Millers role, just probably less minutes as Andre actually plays into the 30s a lot it seems.

Ty - Stone
AAA - Roy - J Ham
Gallo - Chandler - Brewer
Nene - Big Al - Faried
Timo - Kosta

Something like that. Obviously Roy is a SG, but he'd probably have to take a PG role with the departure of Miller unless Stone starts to get a ton of minutes. But also, we'd see Ty and Roy together a lot, just like we see Ty and Dre together a lot.

It's hard to say. But more than likely it isn't going to happen.

Broncoholic3233
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
All-star break didn't do us much good right off the bat :(

Gallo, Nene, Rudy won't return.

Lawson will.

The Experience
02-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry, but Nene is a wuss....

Kobe breaks his nose and wrist and plays. But Nene can't play through the slightest of injuries.

Difference between a player who actually cares...

InElwayWeTrust
02-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry, but Nene is a wuss....

Kobe breaks his nose and wrist and plays. But Nene can't play through the slightest of injuries.

Difference between a player who actually cares...

That's alright let him sit out.

MANIMAL > Nene

The Experience
02-29-2012, 01:39 PM
That's alright let him sit out.

MANIMAL > Nene

I agree. Faried has shown a lot, obviously he can't do what Nene can do offensively, but he is a better rebounder and a better defender.

Broncoholic3233
02-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Faried has been a beast so far.

8 points, 3 rebounds, 1 KO.

Kicked Kurt Thomas in the face when they were fighting for a rebound out of bounds and knocked him out. He tries to get up, is wobbly and definitely disoriented. Teammates had to hold him up against the basket, until he was less wobbly and the trainer walked him to the locker room.

Anyways we are up 10 right now. But I gotta leave for the CSU UNLV game.

GO NUGGETS!

The Experience
02-29-2012, 07:54 PM
I really love the energy on defense right now.

Rudy might as well not come back. Because Hamilton is way better

nic.zeman24
02-29-2012, 07:54 PM
I really love the energy on defense right now.

Rudy might as well not come back. Because Hamilton is way better

I havent liked rudy much this year and hamilton just looks more active

nic.zeman24
02-29-2012, 07:59 PM
OK I undestand that Faried cant do waht nene can on offense, but I do believe he can get close to his point production just because of his hustle you dont even have to run plays through him and he can put up points. I think Mozgov can develope well offensively also

12and4
02-29-2012, 08:08 PM
yeah rudy doesn't help us at all. Good game all around so far. not great but good enough. Liking mozgov... and faried too. Lawson looks more comfortable and hairy doing okay.

nic.zeman24
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
yeah rudy doesn't help us at all. Good game all around so far. not great but good enough. Liking mozgov... and faried too. Lawson looks more comfortable and hairy doing okay.

Its not because Hamilton is better, he might be, but he tries hard and gives a lot of effort which, in my mind, makes him more valuable than Rudy

12and4
02-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Its not because Hamilton is better, he might be, but he tries hard and gives a lot of effort which, in my mind, makes him more valuable than Rudy

Rudy is in too big of a slump for my liking. He misses a lot. When he came here, I was told by a certain broncoholic that he rocks from distance... i haven't seen it.

12and4
02-29-2012, 08:28 PM
my impression of mozgov:

Miss Layup Miss Layup Miss Layup..... block a shot.

/impression

nic.zeman24
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
I am starting to not want nene. I like him but sometimes he is not assertive and ends up hurting us. I like Mozzy and Faried starting in the front court. Faried knows his limitations on the offensive side of the court and I think Mozzy can match Nene in points if he got nene's minutes and he could add more boards.

nic.zeman24
02-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Finally got a convincing win

12and4
02-29-2012, 10:14 PM
I am starting to not want nene. I like him but sometimes he is not assertive and ends up hurting us. I like Mozzy and Faried starting in the front court. Faried knows his limitations on the offensive side of the court and I think Mozzy can match Nene in points if he got nene's minutes and he could add more boards.

Still think nene should start. What could we get in a trade for nene?

we should trade for pau gasolina.

12and4
02-29-2012, 10:25 PM
all of the players minus kosta and andre (8 and 4) were in double figures. Awesome. Team high was lawson with 18.

Afflalo was 1-7 in the first half and 3-6 in the 2nd. he was a great spark though on defense, with 3 freaking blocked shots and 6 assists!

Dude has some potential.

Faried, 7 offensive rebounds... double double... nuff said.

Broncoholic3233
02-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Good win it looked like.

Saw the first like quarter of the game. And highlights of the rest.

Looks like Faried had a huge game. I like seeing AAA with 6 assists with an off shooting night. Plus, I'd venture to guess he had a good defensive night with 3 blocks. Looks like Timo had a great game too.

Good win! GO NUGGETS!

johnlimburg
02-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Great game by Faried and Lawson. Great win. Love it. Got to keep it going.

I would love to trade Nene for Pau Gasol. Nene is a decent scorer and better than Faried but I wouldn't say he is great. And he is awful in the clutch. Don't see why they would do it though. Unless we threw in Miller which would leave us with Stone who takes to long to get the offense going.

12and4
02-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Great game by Faried and Lawson. Great win. Love it. Got to keep it going.

I would love to trade Nene for Pau Gasol. Nene is a decent scorer and better than Faried but I wouldn't say he is great. And he is awful in the clutch. Don't see why they would do it though. Unless we threw in Miller which would leave us with Stone who takes to long to get the offense going.

yeah it definitely wouldn't be a straight up trade. Andre would spice it up. Maybe rudy.

I'd love having pow pow here. He's my favorite laker, by far.

Pau > Kobe > Fisher... screw the rest

(i know you guys all despise the lakers, sorry bout that)

Broncoholic3233
02-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Rudy is in too big of a slump for my liking. He misses a lot. When he came here, I was told by a certain broncoholic that he rocks from distance... i haven't seen it.

Rudy would light us up when he was a Blazer.

He was the fan favorite, like JR here.

He's very streaky. He hasn't been good year, he's also been injured though.

12and4
02-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Who do you guys think can get a triple double this season for us?

Broncoholic3233
02-29-2012, 11:37 PM

Ty Lawson

Andre Miller

That's about it.

I'd say AAA, but he's always out on their best player, so he doesn't get many rebounds.

I'd say Faried, but he doesn't play as much, and really doesn't pass enough to get the assists needed.

I'd say Gallo, but just don't see him getting 10 assists either.

12and4
02-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah i'd say lawson is the only one that has a decent shot at it. and maybe AAA

InElwayWeTrust
03-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Faried.

Points / Rebounds / Blocks :cool:

12and4
03-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Oh. Chandler has passed the deadline to sign a offer sheet thingy and so he now has no choice but to play for the nuggets... unless he wants to sit out the whole year. he'll still be a RFA tho.

Strimpel
03-02-2012, 09:21 PM
We looked pretty darn good in the second half tonight :thumb:

Broncoholic3233
03-02-2012, 09:25 PM
New Section

Check it out

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?p=4294808#post4294808

beastlyskronk
03-03-2012, 09:30 AM

Corey Brewer or Ty Lawson. Brewer has been a pretty big surprise for me this year. I'd actually like to see him cut into Afflalo's minutes more at 2 guard once Gallo comes back.