PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

killuhe
05-20-2009, 07:43 PM
In the past 15 years the WWE has only had 3 outdoor events. Wrestlemania IX at Ceasers Palace, Summerslam 1992 at Wembley, and Wrestlemania 24. The last one was almost ruined by rain. With rain in the forecast it would have caused problems.

Also the since Invesco holds more people the would have had alot of empty seats and that would look bad on camera.

he was joking dumbas$

White Dragon
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
For the record this screw up by the idiots the run the Nuggets cost WWE fans THREE events this weekend. Why do all of you have to jerks about this. Proir to Raw being canceld did I saw one negitve word about the Nuggets or there chances? My best friends eight year old son is crushes about this. What about him. This was the one chance for his Dad to take him to an event like this. Both my friend and his wife have to work nights so even though the WWE is returning in August they wont be able to go. Besides that event is a "lesser" event. Why should be punished for your teams screw up?

You do know the ECW/SmackDown show/taping is being held on Tuesday night in CoSprings, right?

killuhe
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I have all the right in the world... I watched Dikembe Mutombo clutch the ball after game 5 of the first round in 1994... I watched Nick Van Exel be a punk and worm his way out of Denver... I watched Chauncey Billups & Ron Mercer play together... I watched Bill Hanzlik coach the Nuggets to an 11-71 record... I watched LaPhonso Ellis' entire career in Denver and he's my all time favorite NBA player... I watched Chris Andersen play his first season in Denver... I watched the Nuggets go 15-67 in Camby's first year here, also the only season they have worn the 'rainbow' throwbacks (which are my favorite Nuggets uniforms).

I've been through the WORST of the worst with this team and I have every right to enjoy it right now.

those throwbacks are so tight!

killuhe
05-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I was not the Lakers fan who said my team should have won by 10-12 points. I'm the type of fan who takes a win regardless of how it comes, because at the end of the night all that is going to matter is the 1-0 difference in the series.

We're up 1-0 now in an amazingly officiated game, the best of the playoffs IMO, and hopefully we can go up 2-0.

good luck with that.

i don't like kobe, but his fade aways are so beastly.

MELO had a better night though.

GO NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

str8jacket
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
It's almost comical to read South's posts....it is hard to take it seriously :laugh:

White Dragon
05-20-2009, 09:38 PM
It's almost comical to read South's posts....it is hard to take it seriously :laugh:

He's just all pissed off because they moved the wrestling he was so obviously going to go to.

Hell, I'm a wrestling fan and I don't see ANY problems with this... Western Conference Finals > WWE Raw

Bronco_Armada
05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
good luck with that.

MELO is the man!

and a Orangeman!

but Kobe had the better night, he won. damn don't like seeing him win.

Spyder
05-20-2009, 11:23 PM
You do know the ECW/SmackDown show/taping is being held on Tuesday night in CoSprings, right?

I thought they canceled that and moved the taping to the Staples Center too?
I could have sworn I read that in the paper today, maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

In any case.. NBA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WWE lulz.

Spyder
05-20-2009, 11:24 PM
good luck with that.

Carmelo had a great game but it's hard to say an individual had the better game when his team was on the losing side.
Kobe got his points and most importantly the win.

Game 2 not that far away now!

White Dragon
05-20-2009, 11:39 PM
I thought they canceled that and moved the taping to the Staples Center too?
I could have sworn I read that in the paper today, maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

In any case.. NBA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WWE lulz.

Nope, just checked it out... SmackDown still is being held at the World Arena in Colorado Springs...
EDIT: Turns out wwe.com didn't update their info regarding tickets, but it turns out it was also moved to LA.

If I had a way to get down there, I would've got tickets... I had absolutely ZERO interest in Raw at the Pepsi Center.

And you are correct... NBA (especially the playoffs) overrides the WWE

Spyder
05-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Nope, just checked it out... SmackDown still is being held at the World Arena in Colorado Springs...
The WWE is just holding an additional event the following night starring Raw superstars.

If I had a way to get down there, I would so go... I had absolutely ZERO interest in Raw at the Pepsi Center.

And you are correct... NBA (especially the playoffs) overrides the WWE

Oh my bad, I thought they moved it too, I must've read it wrong somewhere.

Legendary30
05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
I think the Nuggets out played the Lakers in game 1 in alot of different areas. They gotta improve on getting rebounds and limiting second chance opportunities. Kobe is gonna get his, just like Dirk so you gotta make sure you lock down Bynum/Gasol/Odom like they did game 1.

That loss felt alot like the losses in New Orleans and Dallas. Not quite a fluke, but more like "Id like to see them try to win playing like that again"

I think the Nuggets will win this one by double digits.
"Write it down, Take a picture, send it to em, I dont care"

GO NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!!

Axemaster
05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
The Nuggs DID outplay the Lakers in all areas EXCEPT Free Throws. They make 3 of those 12 that they missed and they win! The boys from Orlando did it, there is NO clear cut better team out of these four teams, and Denver maybe has the best starting 5 plus the 4 bench players, top to bottom of all the final 4! Tonight is critical, but not the end of the world if they do lose!

I would LOVE to see a Denver vs. Orlando championship, that would make a LOT of people squeel about the ALL IMPORTANT Kobe vs. Lebron matchup that they are hoping for!!!:D

Spyder
05-21-2009, 09:55 AM
The Nuggs DID outplay the Lakers in all areas EXCEPT Free Throws. They make 3 of those 12 that they missed and they win! The boys from Orlando did it, there is NO clear cut better team out of these four teams, and Denver maybe has the best starting 5 plus the 4 bench players, top to bottom of all the final 4! Tonight is critical, but not the end of the world if they do lose!

I would LOVE to see a Denver vs. Orlando championship, that would make a LOT of people squeel about the ALL IMPORTANT Kobe vs. Lebron matchup that they are hoping for!!!:D

Actually we out rebounded the Nuggets on the offensive side by quite a bit.
Pau Gasol alone had more offensive rebounds than your entire team put together.

Southstander
05-21-2009, 11:02 AM

W-R-O-N-G!

I think it is funny that all you so called "Nuggets Fans" only care about this team when the make it to the WCF for the first time 25 years.

Had it been an event all of you cared about you would be mad too reguardless of what type it is.

Do any of you care that because the events in Loveland and Colorado Springs have been canceld the event staff will not get paid since they did not work that night?

For the record watching paint dry > then NBA

CoryWinget81
05-21-2009, 11:10 AM
W-R-O-N-G!

I think it is funny that all you so called "Nuggets Fans" only care about this team when the make it to the WCF for the first time 25 years.

Had it been an event all of you cared about you would be mad too reguardless of what type it is.

Do any of you care that because the events in Loveland and Colorado Springs have been canceld the event staff will not get paid since they did not work that night?

World Wrestling Entertainment

Fake Sport...

...real stupid.

Sorry dude, I can't change your mind, and you can't change mine, but the WWE is a bunch of roided up idiots in their underwear acting out a pre-scriped roid-fueled Soap Opera.

Spice 1
05-21-2009, 11:10 AM

Said the guy with a baseball av.

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 11:11 AM
W-R-O-N-G!

First, **** when you generalize fans, because I know lots of us here have been following the Nuggets all year and further... I went to 3 regular season games this year.

Second, we would be mad. But guess what, NBA is a sport. Wrestling is a dramatization of a sport. Go cry on the WWE forums if you expect sympathy.

Third, stop arguing to argue. You're not gaining any grounds by downing on fans who've been following the Nuggets by saying we should be punished because of a bad decision made by Nuggets owner. Write them an email with your complaints, leave us fans out of it.

Legendary30
05-21-2009, 02:03 PM
First, **** when you generalize fans, because I know lots of us here have been following the Nuggets all year and further... I went to 3 regular season games this year.

Second, we would be mad. But guess what, NBA is a sport. Wrestling is a dramatization of a sport. Go cry on the WWE forums if you expect sympathy.

Third, stop arguing to argue. You're not gaining any grounds by downing on fans who've been following the Nuggets by saying we should be punished because of a bad decision made by Nuggets owner. Write them an email with your complaints, leave us fans out of it.

Owned.

:coffee:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
05-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I think the Nuggets out played the Lakers in game 1 in alot of different areas. They gotta improve on getting rebounds and limiting second chance opportunities. Kobe is gonna get his, just like Dirk so you gotta make sure you lock down Bynum/Gasol/Odom like they did game 1.

That loss felt alot like the losses in New Orleans and Dallas. Not quite a fluke, but more like "Id like to see them try to win playing like that again"

I think the Nuggets will win this one by double digits.
"Write it down, Take a picture, send it to em, I dont care"

GO NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year, you said the Nuggets would beat the Lakers in the 1st round. :fight:
So I don't like your predictions.
But I sure hope your right. :rockon:

But thats what I thought. It reminded me of our other 2 losses. I'm still pissed though. I wanted to go 16-0 this postseason. :fight:

Peerless
05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
W-R-O-N-G!

:laugh:

Southy c'mon... didn't YOU do that when Boston went to the Finals last year?

CodyRoark
05-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Today I was overlooking all the stats of the previous game and I came up with the Keys To Win for the Nuggets:

Stats:
Carmelo: 14/20 39 pts 4/5 3 Pt. 6 Reb 4 Asst in Game 1:
Free Throws:12 missed out of 35 attempts: 63 % last game.

To Win:
Control The Paint
Play Productive D: Force Turnovers/Avoid Fouling if at all possible
Defend The 3 Ball
Attack The Basket/Draw Fouls
Smart Possessions: Every Possession is Crucial/Don't Turnover.
Production From The Bench: AC, JR, Birdman
Get 2ND chance points/ Don't Give 2nd Chance Points
Have Success From the 3 Pt. Line: Den: Averages around 8 a game in Playoffs.
Make Every Free Throw Attempt: Take your time/Don't Rush It
Score 20 + in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarters:
Melo vs Mamba: Matchup of the Playoffs
Inbound The Ball Wisely
Play Physical/Don't let L.A feed off their home crowd
Denver Bigs must stay out of Foul Trouble(Nene,K-Mart, Birdman)
Take Wise Open Shots
Pass Around The Rock: Distribute the Ball
Get L.A into foul trouble early on
Chauncey must control offensive tempo.
Close 2nd/3rd/4th quarters with a good run.
Have Confidence: A 10 pt. deficit is easy to erase
Hold a Lead; Don't Rest Starters Right Away
Block Shots/Get Steals/Defend The Paint/Perimeter
Score on Fast Break's
Shoot 49 to 56 %
Avoid Getting T'd Up.

Most of you will probably say I'm an idiot for this, but I was really interested in coming up with this...

So credit or not thanks!

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
:laugh:

Southy c'mon... didn't YOU do that when Boston went to the Finals last year?

:laugh: Yea, he did. I thought he was a diehard Celtics fan last year. He sure acted like one. hmmmm

White Dragon
05-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Nuggets playing 5 on 8 already... wish we had the same officials from the other night. UGH!

CodyRoark
05-21-2009, 06:33 PM
These refs are going to make sure we lose this series. They are fugging horrible.... CALLING fouls left and right on us, but when our guy gets elbowed, slapped and etc. they say its' clean...

The NBA 'Where Calling In Favor of the Home Team' Happens.

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah, some horrible calls already.... but we're not going to have a chance if we can't stop turning over and lacking on the boards.

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Who would have thought, Kleiza of all people keeping our momentum going. And LOL @ that last second inbound pass by Chauncey.

CodyRoark
05-21-2009, 07:18 PM
For the first time I'm actually glad we have LK, earlier on another thread I said if anyone should be cut its him... WE DO actually need him...

1 POINT game at half... I'm going to pray for forgiveness and pray that the Nuggets win tonight...

White Dragon
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
This is crap, pure crap... Kobe shoves Jones on his FACE and that's not a foul, but they call the foul on Melo on a made basket on the other end.

Nuggets playing 5 on 8 tonight... hopefully they can overcome this awful officiating.

CoryWinget81
05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Worst called game I've see in a long time.

Someone needs to put Kobe on his head, the Refs aren't going to call it straight, so its time for the Lakers to earn their fouls.

This is absolute crap. Shoving people down, hacking them on layups, elbowing, charges, nothing is being called.

Hope the Lakers fans are enjoying the refs keeping them in the game. We can't eve contend for rebounds because we're getting called for breathing on people.

Atwnbroncfan
05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Karl is awful at managing his rotation in the 4th. When ur team is on a role pushing it to a 7 pt lead u dont put him on the bench. STUPID STUPID STUPID. Can u please put Melo back in we were up 7 now could be down 1 after these free throws.

Atwnbroncfan
05-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Come on up 4 13 secs to go

Atwnbroncfan
05-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Up 3 with 4 seconds.........please kobe dont dagger us

CoryWinget81
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
ERRRG!! CHAUNCEY!!!

LOL!

4.3 left...ball is going to Kobe, don't foul him, god please dont foul him

Atwnbroncfan
05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Big win thank god. 1-1 coming to denver thats all we needed

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
1-1 game series.

Come on back boys, gonna be a lot easier at Pepsi....

Oh yeah, and so much for a sweep huh lakers?

Spyder
05-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Denver has looked like the better team, we're lucky we're not going to Denver down 0-2. That was an obvious no call on JR Smith, but Ariza HAS GOT to hold onto the ball, even if it means tucking it away and burning a timeout. You can't give it up.

No excuses, we got beat.

killuhe
05-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Denver has looked like the better team, we're lucky we're not going to Denver down 0-2. That was an obvious no call on JR Smith, but Ariza HAS GOT to hold onto the ball, even if it means tucking it away and burning a timeout. You can't give it up.

No excuses, we got beat.

you're the coolest laker fan i've ever seen. you stand up for your team, yet you don't cry when you get beat. :salute!:

GO NUGGETS!!!

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 09:04 PM

No excuses, we got beat.

Yeah, that no call on JR could have turned the game around. But, as always, officials made multiple mistakes on both ends.

CoryWinget81
05-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah, that no call on JR could have turned the game around. But, as always, officials made multiple mistakes on both ends.

The no-call on JR cancels out the NBA Jam style knockdown of DJ by Kobe.

CodyRoark
05-21-2009, 09:06 PM

No excuses, we got beat.

There was a point in the game where I got so mad I turned off the game and pouted like a little girl. I have really bad anger issues... Then we come back at half.

The refs didn't make any good calls, still even though we won, I have to say the refs never really officiated this game in favor of L.A or Denver.

Denver wins though, I need to learn that a 10 point deficit is easy to erase.

But SPYDER you and Miguel are the two coolest Laker fans on this board! :salute!:

Bronco_Armada
05-21-2009, 09:09 PM
http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/Jesse_James_X/gasolgoat.jpg

killuhe
05-21-2009, 09:11 PM
http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/jesse_james_x/gasolgoat.jpg

thats great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Fouls don't really cancel each other out. If a foul is commited early in a game, it doesn't cancel out a foul late in the game. As a game progresses closer to its end, the stakes become higher, as far as terms of having time to correct the mistakes made. Regardless of that, I agree that both teams had an equal amount of miscalls.

GO NUGGETS!!!!!

Atwnbroncfan
05-21-2009, 09:13 PM

No excuses, we got beat.

Thank god. u are a smart fan. Yea JR did it, but idk if that would have meant a diff outcome. It could have but maybe not. I was so pissed watching the first 18 mins.

Good luck in the last couple games, this Melo-Kobe battle if it continues this maybe one of the greatest series ever.

CoryWinget81
05-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Fouls don't really cancel each other out. If a foul is commited early in a game, it doesn't cancel out a foul late in the game. As a game progresses closer to its end, the stakes become higher, as far as terms of having time to correct the mistakes made. Regardless of that, I agree that both teams had an equal amount of miscalls.

GO NUGGETS!!!!!

I know they don't cancel each other out technically, but in the greater scheme of things, it balances it out...

But I think that's what you meant

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Wow that picture is disturbing, and hilarious!

CodyRoark
05-21-2009, 09:17 PM
A stat I can't believe is that we out-rebounded the Lakers by 1? And had 1 more Offensive Rebound? heh?
Offensive-Total
Denver:14-42

Atwnbroncfan
05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
A stat I can't believe is that we out-rebounded the Lakers by 1? And had 1 more Offensive Rebound? heh?
Offensive-Total
Denver:14-42

All melo...

CodyRoark
05-21-2009, 09:21 PM
We need to play smart at home... NUFF SAID.

killuhe
05-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Thank god. u are a smart fan. Yea JR did it, but idk if that would have meant a diff outcome. It could have but maybe not. I was so pissed watching the first 18 mins.

Good luck in the last couple games, this Melo-Kobe battle if it continues this maybe one of the greatest series ever.

I Agree With you on the Kobe-Melo point.
Melo is becoming a great player.
he has found out what defense is and his offense has always been one of the best.
Of course you probably already know this. :D

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
05-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Great win. :dance:
Damn, I really thought I would die that whole game. I'm losing years off of my life. :fight:

BroncoManiac_69
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Great win. :dance:
Damn, I really thought I would die that whole game. I'm losing years off of my life. :fight:

I couldn't hardly watch any of the first half. My wife did.

I kept checking on the score blah blah blah.

Come mid 3rd, I was glued. EDIT: I was so Nervous.

Yard work was done and so was a road win.

Hey Spyder.....

See you in Denver. :cheeky:

Bronco_Armada
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I couldn't hardly watch any of the first half. My wife did.

I kept checking on the score blah blah blah.

Come mid 3rd, I was glued. EDIT: I was so Nervous.

Yard work was done and so was a road win.

Hey Spyder.....

See you in Denver. :cheeky:

Guess if you are a Nuggs fan its one of those games that give ya gas.

As a knicks fan I would not know that feeling :smug:

str8jacket
05-21-2009, 10:03 PM
W-R-O-N-G!

Yup. Still can't take you seriously

BroncoManiac_69
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Guess if you are a Nuggs fan its one of those games that give ya gas.

As a knicks fan I would not know that feeling :smug:

Gas? No that was today's lunch at Taco Bell.

I was literally so nervous, I could not watch the first half.

Yup. Still can't take you seriously

South is headed to LA for WWE.

As much as I love the guy, he can be a bit misguided sometimes. :D

SS. They do plan on rebooking a new date in the future. :salute:

TK Broncos
05-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Big win for the Nuggets. I'm a Bulls fan, but with them out of the playoffs I'm cheering for the Nuggets to win. :P

Legendary30
05-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Who else but NENE?????

He's NENE! He's NENE! You never really know what, he's gonna do next. He's NENE! NENE! Gigitty Gigitty Gigitty Gigitty Gasol sucks!
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii57/30PACKWOLF/mcten1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4d4InZpkY

str8jacket
05-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Who else but NENE?????

He's NENE! He's NENE! You never really know what, he's gonna do next. He's NENE! NENE! Gigitty Gigitty Gigitty Gigitty Gasol sucks!

I couldn't help but laugh when they showed him with that big smile. He's come a long way since last year with that cancer

Axemaster
05-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Actually we out rebounded the Nuggets on the offensive side by quite a bit.
Pau Gasol alone had more offensive rebounds than your entire team put together.

This is true, but it seems to be a serier so far that the Off. rebounds and turnovers Denver have given up so far haven't hurt them that much, so as long as they keep getting to the foul line, and playing this newfound defense, then they might be allright.

Last years team would have folded if they were down by 14 on the road, this year Billups has brought them as MENTAL state that George Karl never could. He has a great future in coaching I believe if he wants it. Did you see him down the stretch last night? After the time out, they were walking back on the court, and he was INSTRUCTING the team still! He is big time!

rst08tierney
05-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Who else but NENE?????

Even NENE knew that was not a kick ball. Look at his face he knows he got luckey, BUT COME ON PAU MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS!!

arapaho
05-22-2009, 09:38 AM
i can only hope thet the officials dont baby gasol and bryant..it is annoying as hell. they can shove, go over the back hack, grab, push, everything, but so much as touch them and its a whistle...or you have to watch kobes face looking all astonished on how you missed that slight touch..then gasol whinning to the officials

the one play at the end of the game with a 4 point lead where bryant shoved jones i think in the back as he had position, jones went flying into the crowd, bryant got the rebound and a 3 point play on the other side with a touch foul

another thing annoying was the obvious biased of the announcers, lakers this , lakers that, never comment about the lakers getting away with a foul, but rant on about a nugget call

Bronco_Armada
05-22-2009, 11:12 AM
i can only hope thet the officials dont baby gasol and bryant..it is annoying as hell. they can shove, go over the back hack, grab, push, everything, but so much as touch them and its a whistle...or you have to watch kobes face looking all astonished on how you missed that slight touch..then gasol whinning to the officials

They always do that with big name players. It pisses me off.

Legendary30
05-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Even NENE knew that was not a kick ball. Look at his face he knows he got luckey, BUT COME ON PAU MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS!!

Free throws are our thing to complain about. We had dibs on it first. :coffee:

rst08tierney
05-22-2009, 02:15 PM

the one play at the end of the game with a 4 point lead where bryant shoved jones i think in the back as he had position, jones went flying into the crowd, bryant got the rebound and a 3 point play on the other side with a touch foul

another thing annoying was the obvious biased of the announcers, lakers this , lakers that, never comment about the lakers getting away with a foul, but rant on about a nugget call

Kobe does not get the red carpet treatment like Billups. I dont get it. Even in Detroit the guy got every call. Im not going to hate a guy who can get it done at the line night in and night out.

p.s.

My favorite was the drive he had with the big scoop shot brick high of the glass and as Billups was walking to the line, he and Melo shared a chuckle about the phantom call.

Hands down the Lakers do NOT deserve to win one game in Denver unless the play more physical. If the Nuggets win both I can count on a complete dismantling of all but 5 returning lakers.

getlynched47
05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I understand that this isn't the graphics gallery, but it has to do with Nuggets basketball and I DO NOT want to make another thread there just to throw this up:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6608/billupsd.jpg

Like it? Go Nuggets :go:

(I have a Melo sig in the works soon)

rst08tierney
05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I understand that this isn't the graphics gallery, but it has to do with Nuggets basketball and I DO NOT want to make another thread there just to throw this up:

Nice. Just add a red carpet in the back ground and its mine.

Legendary30
05-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Kobe does not get the red carpet treatment like Billups. I dont get it. Even in Detroit the guy got every call. Im not going to hate a guy who can get it done at the line night in and night out.

p.s.

My favorite was the drive he had with the big scoop shot brick high of the glass and as Billups was walking to the line, he and Melo shared a chuckle about the phantom call.

Hands down the Lakers do NOT deserve to win one game in Denver unless the play more physical. If the Nuggets win both I can count on a complete dismantling of all but 5 returning lakers.

Why would they dismantle them? They are still a solid team, win or lose. If the Nuggets dont win another game, I would want them to stay together because they are a good team.

getlynched47
05-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Nice. Just add a red carpet in the back ground and its mine.

:rolleyes:

Laker fans and their stupid jokes :coffee:

rst08tierney
05-22-2009, 04:19 PM

Laker fans and their stupid jokes :coffee:

ahhhhhh......Lynch and his many handles :coffee:

CoryWinget81
05-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Kobe gets away with everything, Why shouldn't Chauncey?

CodyRoark
05-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Kobe gets away with everything, Why shouldn't Chauncey?

I agree, Kobe got away with a lot last night, most notably was when he dumped Dahntay on his face...

Don't say that Billups gets the red carpet treatment when you know damn well that he doesn't, but he's great at drawing fouls(directed to rst)

Cory has an excellent point!

CodyRoark
05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Tomorrow if any of you want to see something cool go here:

http://www.tnt.tv/sports/nba/playoffs09_live/

It has like 4 diff. camera's set up and it also runs during and before pre=game, It'll be a good way to see the Nuggets amazing introductions! I like them a lot especially the beat!

d-bronx42
05-23-2009, 09:29 AM

Keep reppin the Sig of the Vuja*****, he is probably the worst player in the NBA to actually be getting minuets... The Staples Center was even booing him becuase of how bad he has sucked.

The self proclaimed 'machine' is the biggest joke in the NBA.

CodyRoark
05-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Keep reppin the Sig of the Vuja*****, he is probably the worst player in the NBA to actually be getting minuets... The Staples Center was even booing him becuase of how bad he has sucked.

Quoted For The Truth! Pepsi Center will be rocking tonight!

LET'S GO NUGGETS! :go:

d-bronx42
05-23-2009, 10:45 AM
The more Phil Jackson plays Derek Fisher or Sasha the more i like our chances of winning... Miley Cyrus would be a better option for the lakers than the 'machine'

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

licence_to_kill
05-23-2009, 11:02 AM
The more Phil Jackson plays Derek Fisher or Sasha the more i like our chances of winning... Miley Cyrus would be a better option for the lakers than the 'machine'

Sadly I agree with you.

I love Fisher but he just ain't cutting it anymore.

Spyder
05-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Now that I think about it more and more, Andre Miller would be a great option in free agency. He already has roots in LA with the Clips and would have a chance to contend for a ring for the first time in his career.

Anywho... 4 hours and 30 minutes until game time.. god, I hope it hurries the hell up.

Eddiemac730
05-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Pepsi Center is going to be crazy Go Nuggets !!

:go::go::go:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0811/nba.games.of.the.week.1124/images/chauncey-billups.jpg

CodyRoark
05-23-2009, 05:00 PM
I've got all my lucky gear on! My Nuggets Beanie, Melo Shoes, Melo Armbands, Melo Jersey and some Sprite! Plus the bible!

Pepsi Center will be rocking so hard tonight it'll feel like an earthquake.

:go:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Laker's fan here. I'm not out to talk smack though. I like the Nuggets, I've just been a Laker's fan since about 82'.

I can't believe Phil had Derek F. take the lost shot! You have Kobe, and you want a 5'11" guy to try the game winning jumper?

I don't know why he just doesn't go big at the 1 spot with Sasha or someone else, like he use to do in Chicago with Ron Harper. He could then just have Kobe, Ariza, or Odom, or Sasha bring the ball up; ala point guard by committee. It's not working giving Fisher 25-30 minutes.

I'm happy for the Nuggets for what it's worth. It's really refreshing to see them play tough basketball, and Melo is the real deal.

red19
05-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Jazz fan here-
Hope to see Denver win this thing though.- I have always had an eye on the divisional teams- and i said midway through the season the Nugs would be here (well farther, in my prediction) After Denver made the trade for Chauncey Billups I knew they were going places. It all comes down to having a strong guard that can take the abuse of a physical series. I would always take a Billups, DWill, Kidd, style of PG to win a series over the Pauls, Nashs, and Mo Williams of the league.
You can always faze out (or at least game plan against the talented 2s 3s and 4s) but a dominant center or PG can not be fazed out with speed or power.
I for one am thrilled to see Denver improving............this might finally make the talking heads that run the Jazz, see that we cant win without adding some real talent........ (or at least infusing some youth into the coaching staff)

Good luck Nuggets fans, the rest of the world really wants to see new faces in the finals.
I for one would rather see and unpredictable ORL/DEN series than a series where 2 players (KB/LJ) will shoot about 18 free throws each.

Max Power
05-23-2009, 06:45 PM
That T on Kleiza was ridiculous.

getlynched47
05-23-2009, 07:04 PM

Anybody digging the sig? It kind of got lost in the mess of Laker fans and their stupid jokes...

Max Power
05-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Anybody digging the sig? It kind of got lost in the mess of Laker fans and their stupid jokes...

I dig it, man.

The Experience
05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
anyone else wanna ring jeff van gundy's neck? Really annoying.

Max Power
05-23-2009, 07:30 PM
JR Smith is too careless with the ball. Bad shots and careless passes.

White Dragon
05-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Here we go with the horrible officiating again... I HATE NBA officials.

Skywalker
05-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Here we go with the horrible officiating again... I HATE NBA officials.

They need to recruit new refs. I vote getting younger people.

Mccreigm
05-23-2009, 07:41 PM
They need to recruit new refs. I vote getting younger people.

Or just anyone else who can officiate. They missed a blatant shooting foul on Vujacic and then gave Smith the technical. The refs could blow the game for us.

Max Power
05-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Or just anyone else who can officiate. They missed a blatant shooting foul on Vujacic and then gave Smith the technical. The refs could blow the game for us.

The refs are trying to help the Lakers as much as they can because Stern wants them and Cleveland in the finals.

Papa-pwn
05-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Lol anybody else notice Knowshon Moreno in the stands?

Pretty sick

White Dragon
05-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Lakers fans can thank to officials for this one. It was completely lopsided, which is evident by the fact that Carmelo fouled out.

Peerless
05-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Lakers fans can thank to officials for this one. It was completely lopsided, which is evident by the fact that Carmelo fouled out.

Wasn't Kobe a foul away from leaving the game?

CodyRoark
05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
This is fugging bullspit... As a Nuggets fan I hate to say it but this series is over, Lakers win 4-1... Thanks to these god dam referees, I hate NBA they can all go to hell...

Sasha Vujacic is a tool too.

White Dragon
05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Wasn't Kobe a foul away from leaving the game?

No, Bryant only had four fouls.

Denver can't beat the Lakers AND the officials.

Spyder
05-23-2009, 08:33 PM

No it wasn't, Denver got their fair share of calls as well. This entire series has had phantom T's and calls that could have gone either way on many occasions.

Blame the fact that Chauncey had a horrible game, Carmelo did nothing in the second half and JR Smith pretty much has continued to struggle and has looked more like the 07-08 JR than the one that showed up in the two previous series.

GridironChamp
05-23-2009, 08:34 PM

I like it when the officials are at fault...

I agree an official can blow a big call that cost a team the game, but Denver had
plenty of oppurtunities to win this game and couldn't. It wasn't like the no-call
against Dallas.

Peerless
05-23-2009, 08:37 PM

Oh, thanks for the correction. :thumb:

White Dragon
05-23-2009, 08:38 PM
I like it when the officials are at fault...

I agree an official can blow a big call that cost a team the game, but Denver had
plenty of oppurtunities to win this game and couldn't. It wasn't like the no-call
against Dallas.

The officials decided it was important to just kill Denver's momentum everytime they got some.

No, it's not like the refs directly cost Denver the game, but they sure gave LA an advantage.

JR playing like crap, and chucking up stupid threes, Chauncey not being able to hit a three to save his life. K-Mart misjudging where Melo was going on that inbound pass, yes, the Nuggets did enough to screw themselves up in this game.

licence_to_kill
05-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Who threw the inbound pass that got stolen by Ariza?

Spyder
05-23-2009, 08:41 PM

It's becoming really obvious that..

1. Ariza has got some real skill at stealing inbounded passes.
2. No one has ever really taught Denver how to do so at critical times.
3. Combination of both.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-23-2009, 08:42 PM

Kenyon Martin threw it, but it was actually tipped by Odom.

getlynched47
05-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Billups was so off tonight.

If I were Karl, I would've had Dantay Jones in during the entire 4th quarter on Kobe instead of JR.

JR was playing decent defense on Kobe, but Dantay Jones is much more physical. We needed to slow Kobe down in the 4th. We didn't do that...that's why we lost. (Not to mention the stray inbounds pass by KMart.)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Billups was so off tonight.

If I were Karl, I would've had Dantay Jones in during the entire 4th quarter on Kobe instead of JR.

JR was playing decent defense on Kobe, but Dantay Jones is much more physical. We needed to slow Kobe down in the 4th. We didn't do that...that's why we lost. (Not to mention the stray inbounds pass by KMart.)

The pass was actually deflected by Odom.

getlynched47
05-23-2009, 08:53 PM
The pass was actually deflected by Odom.

I saw that play 20+ times.

You are the only one to say that it was deflected by Odom. It was just a bad pass by Kenyon Martin...

IHSD
05-23-2009, 08:54 PM
If we could inbound the damn basketball we could potentially be up 3 games to none. Stupid *****. Stupid, stupid *****.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I saw that play 20+ times.

You are the only one to say that it was deflected by Odom. It was just a bad pass by Kenyon Martin...

Really? You mean me, Mark Jackson and Van Gundy are the only ones....:P

Bronco_Armada
05-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Tough game for the Nuggets, lakers capitalized on Denver's errors unfortunately. :(

getlynched47
05-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Really? You mean me, Mark Jackson and Van Gundy are the only ones....:P

I'm sorry I didn't hear that from Van Gundy or Mark Jackson.

I just saw an interview, and I think that Kenyon Martin even said that it was a bad pass.

getlynched47
05-23-2009, 09:30 PM
We should just throw in Johan Petro, make him flagrantly foul Kobe Bryant to the point of injury, then we're golden.

No Kobe Bryant = No Lakers.

(I'm only kidding. Trying to lighten the mood :salute!:)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm sorry I didn't hear that from Van Gundy or Mark Jackson.

I just saw an interview, and I think that Kenyon Martin even said that it was a bad pass.

Yeah, Jackson commented on it a couple times and even said that it was the second time Odom had deflected an inbounds pass in the series.

It was a bad pass though, even it was tipped. When you are inbounding the ball the guy defending the ball can't see the movement behind him so the guy inbounding the pass needs to fake a pass to get the defender to lean in the wrong direction. Martin totally gave away to everyone where he was going with the ball. It was kind of surprising because he is a pretty good passer.

arapaho
05-23-2009, 10:59 PM
well the pass was bad....but the games on melo....big players show up in big games...melo had two points in the second half...on free throws

melo get his usual 15 second half points its a whole nother ball game...as it was he disapeared...fact is if he was not able to gaurd kobe for fouls..then match kobe in points and its mute

getlynched47
05-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Here's the Melo sig I promised. Let me know what you think.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6841/melo.jpg

And here's the Chauncey Billups sig from earlier.

CodyRoark
05-24-2009, 10:30 AM
I like it Lynch, I'll use it! Thanks!

Papa-pwn
05-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Nuggs in 6

White Dragon
05-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Nuggs in 6

Please stop, I hate people making predictions.

Chauncey needs to play like he's capable, JR needs to be smarter with his shot selection and Melo needs to take it inside.

We'll find out what the Nuggets are made of tomorrow. They haven't had to face such adversity in these playoffs yet... It all depends on how they hold up and what they do tomorrow night.

I still have faith in this team and if they play like they can, they can beat the Lakers. They proved they can win in Los Angeles, so this could easily go seven games.

rst08tierney
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
If we could inbound the damn basketball we could potentially be up 3 games to none. Stupid *****. Stupid, stupid *****.

Thats the funny part about this series. Both teams feel they should be up 3-0

Denver better come to play Monday night. Kobe loves to go for the kill when he can smell the Finals around the corner.

Nugget fans should understand that the lakers still have 2 more gears not yet seen in this series. Denver needs to take car of business at home because I guarantee those two gears will come out Wednesday night if the series goes 3-1 LA. So far the Nuggets have been too deep with their bench play to let the lakers run wild. First time any team other then Portland have been able to handle business vrs. the Lake Show.

This series has been the best I have seen in many years. Good luck to all!

Max Power
05-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Nuggs in 6

Are you as confident in this prediction as you were about the Broncos taking a 1st round RB?

rst08tierney
05-25-2009, 03:09 PM

Its kinda like football season where every message board has an Adopt a loser thread.(do I even need to mention our kickers name?) Back in Sashas rookie season I picked the guy up, ever since I have supported him the best way I could. Sasha is not the worst player in the NBA, he is just in a major slump and its in his head. The Machine makes up for his poor shooting with hustle and heart. Something many professional athletes lack. Sasha might not shoot out of his slump but if he does he can be as deadly as Eddie House.

Vujacic is deadly when he catches fire. I mean the guy shot close to 50% from the 3 pt range during last years playoffs and is one of the MAIN reasons the lakers were in last years finals. The problem is he got paid then he got hurt and did not bother to work on his mechanics while he was down since it was not a contract year.

Since the Machine is Kobes lap dog he might actually get another chance next season. This is the hard part to swallow. But until then the Machine will always be amazing! (even if he cant shoot) But look out Nuggets if he does pick it up. Sasha can "let it rain" in a matter of seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMDlw4yic_4&feature=player_embedded

Edit:

All this Machine talk got me fired up. Game 4 Tonight the slump will end.

getlynched47
05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
So......ummm.........the Lakers suck or something?

CodyRoark
05-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Its kinda like football season where every message board has an Adopt a loser thread.(do I even need to mention our kickers name?) Back in Sashas rookie season I picked the guy up, ever since I have supported him the best way I could. Sasha is not the worst player in the NBA, he is just in a major slump and its in his head. The Machine makes up for his poor shooting with hustle and heart. Something many professional athletes lack. Sasha might not shoot out of his slump but if he does he can be as deadly as Eddie House.

Vujacic is deadly when he catches fire. I mean the guy shot close to 50% from the 3 pt range during last years playoffs and is one of the MAIN reasons the lakers were in last years finals. The problem is he got paid then he got hurt and did not bother to work on his mechanics while he was down since it was not a contract year.

Since the Machine is Kobes lap dog he might actually get another chance next season. This is the hard part to swallow. But until then the Machine will always be amazing! (even if he cant shoot) But look out Nuggets if he does pick it up. Sasha can "let it rain" in a matter of seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMDlw4yic_4&feature=player_embedded

Edit:

All this Machine talk got me fired up. Game 4 Tonight the slump will end.

Too bad your thinking about the wrong end of the deal... It'll be JR Smith who gets out of his shooting slump... Vujacic sucks and always will suck.

VenomousDB
05-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Im gonna probably miss the first half. I found an hdtv on craigslist for pretty cheap so Im gonna go check it out and the guy is way out in Lakewood. Itll be my very first Hdtv, no joke :D..I look at it this way though, if the Nuggets lose(wont happen) then Ill be mad that I didnt go get the TV, and if they win, Ill still catch the second half and Ill just watch the replay on ESPN at like 12 tonight.

VenomousDB
05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Wow, the Nugs just whooped ass and no ones posted in here?!

m8archa
05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
They will lose the series 4-2 anyway ><.
J.R. Smith is a dirty player (game 3) and acts like a hood rat, anyone saw that punch at Kobe, or when he threw that 3, then fell down and started trash talking? funny guy, i wonder what for that J.R stands.

White Dragon
05-25-2009, 09:43 PM
J.R. Smith is a dirty player (game 3) and acts like a hood rat, anyone saw that punch at Kobe, or when he threw that 3, then fell down and started trash talking? funny guy, i wonder what for that J.R stands.

Dirty player? *** are you talking about?

Stop crying and get over yourself. Make all the predictions you want, just makes you sound stupid when you're wrong, and you WILL be wrong.

Atwnbroncfan
05-25-2009, 10:55 PM

Actually Kobe is the dirty cry baby.

But the winner of game 5 will win the series.

licence_to_kill
05-25-2009, 11:27 PM
JR Smith is the Western conference's Eddie House.

MasterTick
05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
I can't believe how classless JR Smith is, way to represent Denver :rolleyes:

m8archa
05-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Sure i could be wrong, it can be 4-3 as well, only one who WILL as you like to say look stupid is gonna be J.R Smith who guarantees that Nuggets will make it to NBA Finals, what a tool :D

licence_to_kill
05-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Sure i could be wrong, it can be 4-3 as well, only one who WILL as you like to say look stupid is gonna be J.R Smith who guarantees that Nuggets will make it to NBA Finals, what a tool :D

But not win it?

Selling yourself short eh?

White Dragon
05-25-2009, 11:58 PM

What on earth are you talking about?

Typical pompus Lakers fan... simple minded and arrogant.

MasterTick
05-26-2009, 12:00 AM
What on earth are you talking about?

Typical pompus Lakers fan... simple minded and arrogant.
The irony is hilarious lol.

m8archa
05-26-2009, 12:00 AM
atleast not bandwagon :)

White Dragon
05-26-2009, 12:04 AM
atleast not bandwagon :)

who said anything about bandwagon?

Botan
05-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Lakers/Lakers fans calling other players dirty is pretty funny. Watching Phil Jackson call Jones a dirty player after his press conference is hypocritical at best.

Kobe is one of the dirtiest players in this league and gets away with more because he's an allstar. An elbow to Artest's throat, knocking Artest in the mouth, always whining to the refs, please.

Every team is going to have its players that do a couple of questionable things, and there are going to be questionable calls. Fans and Coaches whining about dirty players and bad calls on both teams is pretty sad. Its the NBA playoffs, let the players play and the refs ref. I'm sure the league office will look at the play of Jones.

The Experience
05-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Lakers/Lakers fans calling other players dirty is pretty funny. Watching Phil Jackson call Jones a dirty player after his press conference is hypocritical at best.

Kobe is one of the dirtiest players in this league and gets away with more because he's an allstar. An elbow to Artest's throat, knocking Artest in the mouth, always whining to the refs, please.

Every team is going to have its players that do a couple of questionable things, and there are going to be questionable calls. Fans and Coaches whining about dirty players and bad calls on both teams is pretty sad. Its the NBA playoffs, let the players play and the refs ref. I'm sure the league office will look at the play of Jones.

Ya I seem to remeber Kobe Pushing Jones on his face twice. Once last night and once in game 3...

Axemaster
05-26-2009, 06:59 AM
The Nuggets were hitting Free Throws, the Lakers didn't and thats pretty much the ball game there. Denver will have to find a way to win in LA again though, but they proved it can be done.

If this bench can stick it to the Lakers bench every time they should pull this out.:go:

BroncosRockdaRockies
05-26-2009, 07:24 AM
Well even though the WWE didn't show up in Denver, The Nuggets still put down the Monday Night Smackdown!!!!!!!!! WTGGGGGG Nuggets stay focused and make it happen on the road with the Defense!!!!!!

Byrdman you are a ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:go:

HuskerBronco7
05-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Does anyone else feel that?

Its the Big Mo changing his address to the Mile High City:go:

Legendary30
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
2-2....I think that the next game is the most important game in the Nuggets history. If they can win that, they have 2 chances to put the Lakers away.

CoryWinget81
05-26-2009, 08:47 AM
I can't even begin to tell you how electric it was last night.

JR hit that 89 footer (lol) and I thought my eardrums were going to bust.

Good game. It WAS the most important game in Nuggets history, now wednesday night will be teh most important game in Nuggets history.

I don't know what DJ was thinking tripping Kobe like that, but its not like Kobe hasn't gotten away with worse.

CoryWinget81
05-26-2009, 08:58 AM
I just wanted to be the first to tell you good luck against whoever the Lakers are playing in the championship.

I'm not giving up on my boys. They are the better team. I think in a non-biased world, the Nuggets win the series. Even if we do win the series, I'm gonna scream "I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!" :-P

It just hit me this morning.

All of the Kobe/Lebron Nike commercials....Kobe having not one but TWO specials featuring him and one featuring him and James.

It's the recession, and I'm thinking that all of these people that have their hand in the Cookie Jar spending all this money are eventually going to get their way.

There should be no doubt that Denver and Orlando are the better teams, but as it's been said time and time again, there is no way in HELL the NBA will EVER allow a Orlando/Denver final.

It really sucks, and I hope I'm wrong. I pray I'm wrong, but I can see it coming from a mile away.

That being said, lets go get em Nuggets. Play through it, play smart, and get this win tomorrow!!

Atwnbroncfan
05-26-2009, 09:03 AM
I just wanted to be the first to tell you good luck against whoever the Lakers are playing in the championship.

I'm not giving up on my boys. They are the better team. I think in a non-biased world, the Nuggets win the series. Even if we do win the series, I'm gonna scream "I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!" :-P

All of the Kobe/Lebron Nike commercials....Kobe having not one but TWO specials featuring him and one featuring him and James.

It's the recession, and I'm thinking that all of these people that have their hand in the Cookie Jar spending all this money are eventually going to get their way.

There should be no doubt that Denver and Orlando are the better teams, but as it's been said time and time again, there is no way in HELL the NBA will EVER allow a Orlando/Denver final.

It really sucks, and I hope I'm wrong. I pray I'm wrong, but I can see it coming from a mile away.

That being said, lets go get em Nuggets. Play through it, play smart, and get this win tomorrow!!

Took you till now to figure that out lol. Plus with the Jones trip, Refs will be heavily on lakers side on game 5. Who ever wins game 5 wins the series

rst08tierney
05-26-2009, 09:05 AM
I think JR Smith is a great talent, but help me out. Whats the deal with tossing up gang signs on National Television?

Throwin up the B (http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d9/fullj.1f825b0d70d7fa1880de43fe3df606ed/1f825b0d70d7fa1880de43fe3df606ed-getty-87746139mw060_los_angeles_l.jpg)

Spyder
05-26-2009, 09:18 AM
I think JR Smith is a great talent, but help me out. Whats the deal with tossing up gang signs on National Television?

Throwin up the B (http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d9/fullj.1f825b0d70d7fa1880de43fe3df606ed/1f825b0d70d7fa1880de43fe3df606ed-getty-87746139mw060_los_angeles_l.jpg)

He's done that 90% of his career.

Yet I read somewhere he's from a fancy rich-ish neighborhood in New Jersey and grew up not far from Bruce Springsteen or something like that.

Tryin to get street cred I guess, lol.

rst08tierney
05-26-2009, 09:25 AM
He's done that 90% of his career.

Yet I read somewhere he's from a fancy rich-ish neighborhood in New Jersey and grew up not far from Bruce Springsteen or something like that.

Tryin to get street cred I guess, lol.

For his sake, he better not throw that up in Los Angeles. I just dont get it? Street credit.....lol

How does the league allow this to happen?

Spyder
05-26-2009, 09:30 AM
For his sake, he better not throw that up in Los Angeles. I just dont get it? Street credit.....lol

How does the league allow this to happen?

Yeah, someone put it into his head along time ago that street cred will make him more popular amongst the black community or something. He actually shames us more than anything when he flashes garbage like that.

I don't know how the NBA hasn't fined him for it.
Paul Pierce got fined several times in 07-08 after flashing signs at Hawks and Knicks players.

rst08tierney
05-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Took you till now to figure that out lol. Plus with the Jones trip, Refs will be heavily on lakers side on game 5. Who ever wins game 5 wins the series

I agree. Anyone think the league will suspend Jones for a game? First the push, then the trip.

Kobe's a class act. "It was just good defense"

Coldbrew
05-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I agree. Anyone think the league will suspend Jones for a game? First the push, then the trip.

Kobe's a class act. "It was just good defense"

Suspend? No. Fine, probably.

I gaurentee you Jackson told Kobe to say something like that if asked about it. Kobe gets so emotional, he knew that was a trip, there's no way he would just say that because he meant it. Mind gamessssss.

rst08tierney
05-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Suspend? No. Fine, probably.

I gaurentee you Jackson told Kobe to say something like that if asked about it. Kobe gets so emotional, he knew that was a trip, there's no way he would just say that because he meant it. Mind gamessssss.

Leave it to Philip! Kobe would have gone off if he was at 2 or 3 T's for the playoffs. Its better he left it. Less fuel for the fire.

Legendary30
05-26-2009, 10:02 AM

He only throws that up when he hits a 3 pointer. He is throwing up 3 fingers on each hand, not a damn B.

Spyder
05-26-2009, 10:12 AM
He only throws that up when he hits a 3 pointer. He is throwing up 3 fingers on each hand, not a damn B.

When a wannabe gangster with a past reputation is throwing up anything that looks even remotely close to a gang sign, people are going to get that perception. Your team used to be called uh... Thuggets or something ages ago, right? Not that I see them as that, I'm just saying perception counts.

rst08tierney
05-26-2009, 10:24 AM

If its a B or not a B, I just dont want to see another professional athlete shot for acting like an idiot. He should not be throwing up anything remotely close to a bloods sign.

Anyways lets clear the air.......please see below. Any of these signs thrown up in any professional game should come with fines and or suspension. (did the guy in the picture just hit a 3 pointer?)

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc209/mpate562/IMAG0051.jpg

Legendary30
05-26-2009, 10:26 AM
When a wannabe gangster with a past reputation is throwing up anything that looks even remotely close to a gang sign, people are going to get that perception. Your team used to be called uh... Thuggets or something ages ago, right? Not that I see them as that, I'm just saying perception counts.

I dont really care what people call them. The Nuggets players who have been here a few years havent changed the way they play. Now that they are having some success, people want pick at everything they do. Its kinda funny.

rst08tierney
05-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I dont really care what people call them. The Nuggets players who have been here a few years havent changed the way they play. Now that they are having some success, people want pick at everything they do. Its kinda funny.

Correct me if im wrong, Darrent was hanging out with Nugget players at the club on that god awful night.

I think that statement speaks for it self.

Legendary30
05-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Correct me if im wrong, Darrent was hanging out with Nugget players at the club on that god awful night.

I think that statement speaks for it self.

It was a party for Kenyon Martins Birthdaybut None of the Nuggets were involved in the incident itself.

Max Power
05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
If its a B or not a B, I just dont want to see another professional athlete shot for acting like an idiot. He should not be throwing up anything remotely close to a bloods sign.

Anyways lets clear the air.......please see below. Any of these signs thrown up in any professional game should come with fines and or suspension. (did the guy in the picture just hit a 3 pointer?)

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc209/mpate562/IMAG0051.jpg

Fascinating, I'm having a lot of fun trying to make those signs. You have to be quite dexterous to make some of them.

White Dragon
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM
I can't believe anyone would think JR is throwing up a GANG sign... he does it EVERY TIME he makes a three... it's three fingers representing the THREE pointer he made.

Coldbrew
05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I can't believe anyone would think JR is throwing up a GANG sign... he does it EVERY TIME he makes a three... it's three fingers representing the THREE pointer he made.

Relentless these guys are....

I see Phil Jackson and Kobe throwing a
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3581/3404218360_792664dbd4.jpg

to eachother a lot, I think they have some splainin to do.

Chidoze
05-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Come on people......he's holding up 3 fingers.....after he hits a 3 point shot.

When did common sense leave the room? :coffee:

CoryWinget81
05-26-2009, 08:56 PM

Forget everything I said.

I can't believe orlando pulled it out. Wow.

IHSD
05-26-2009, 09:12 PM

They proved they deserved to win in OT.

rst08tierney
05-26-2009, 09:47 PM

Im in shock too. They over came 15 shots from the line to 4 in the 4th and still pulled it off. LeBron kept turning the ball over when it counted the most. Best game of the playoffs by far.

rst08tierney
05-26-2009, 10:05 PM
This is an actual game picture taken from Mondays game. No PhotoShop. Melo has a great new style. Enjoy

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk414/rst08tierney08/ept_sports_nba_experts-728602009-12.jpg

Bronco_Armada
05-26-2009, 10:29 PM
This is an actual game picture taken from Mondays game. No PhotoShop. Melo has a great new style. Enjoy

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk414/rst08tierney08/ept_sports_nba_experts-728602009-12.jpg

is that Pau behind Mello?

that is freaky.

Coldbrew
05-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Anthony is 6'8.... Gasol is 7'0.....

Maybe if it was Sasha's hair in the back I wouldn't have thought twice... obvious photo shop there....Look at Carmelo's right (our left) arm, see that black line? Nice try, you fail. :)

Botan
05-27-2009, 04:57 AM
I find it really amusing that after all of these Kobe and Lebron commercials, orlando is up 3-1 and our series is tied at 2-2.

The people at Nike are going to be super depressed if one or both teams get knocked out.

Doesn't look like you're going to be able to watch Lebron vs Kobe HAHA.

BroncosRockdaRockies
05-27-2009, 06:41 AM

That's exactly what it boils down to right on the money!!!!!!!

BroncosRockdaRockies
05-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Fascinating, I'm having a lot of fun trying to make those signs. You have to be quite dexterous to make some of them.

Yeah just Imagine trying to do it real fast when you are showing the guy that is driving the car in the Driveby you are on his side. LOL I can see it now the gangmembers motto "Learn it! It just might save your life!" :P

Legendary30
05-27-2009, 07:03 AM
In my opinion, this is the most important game in the Nuggets history. The Lakers do not want to head to Denver in an elimination game. If Denver can win this game, they have 2 chances to end the series vs having to win out.

The City of Denver needs this. L.A. has had their share of NBA success. Its our turn. I hope the basketball gods shine down on the Nuggets tonight!!

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2009/nuggetswin.jpg
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2009/birdman.jpg
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/photo_images/27475/61751_Sacramento_Kings__v_Denver_Nuggets.jpg
http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2008/12/17/01_121608nene__t600.JPG
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/kmartyell.jpg

BroncoRy
05-27-2009, 07:15 AM
In my opinion, this is the most important game in the Nuggets history. The Lakers do not want to head to Denver in an elimination game. If Denver can win this game, they have 2 chances to end the series vs having to win out.

The City of Denver needs this. L.A. has had their share of NBA success. Its our turn. I hope the basketball gods shine down on the Nuggets tonight!!

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2009/nuggetswin.jpg
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2009/birdman.jpg
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/photo_images/27475/61751_Sacramento_Kings__v_Denver_Nuggets.jpg
http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2008/12/17/01_121608nene__t600.JPG
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/kmartyell.jpg

I think Denver is clearly the better team. They could easily have won or be up 3-1 in this series by now. The two games they lost they blew late leads. If Denver had a bit more experience coming down the stretch in those games LA's summer vacation woud in full swing.

However, reality hurts. Tonight's game is going to be SO SO tough. IF LA follows through with Gasol's plea to give him the ball more it's going to be real tough defending Gasol and Kobe. Tonight's game has so many questions to be answered....

CoryWinget81
05-27-2009, 10:01 AM
We need a big night from the bench!!

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Denver+Nuggets+Game+3+WXQmI7p aYdXl.jpg
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Denver+Nuggets+Game+4+B9yIsIc LhKwl.jpg
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Denver+Nuggets+Game+4+jrMJz_q bcUGl.jpg
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Denver+Nuggets+Game+4+Meq9kSb 9lNfl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Denver+Nuggets+Game+4+BU5-SWdF90Sl.jpg

Atwnbroncfan
05-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Gonna be a hard W today, but as long as we dont get whinney and dominate the boards again we should win.

Legendary30
05-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Gonna be a hard W today, but as long as we dont get whinney and dominate the boards again we should win.

The Nuggets need to play fast and furious tonight. Take the crowd out early and never look back. :go:

d-bronx42
05-27-2009, 01:44 PM
The main key is for J.R. Smith to play well, its obvious that when the kid comes to play this team is unstoppable... We also need Bird to be able to come out and provide some energy, because it seems like any game away from the Pepsi center he is pretty useless.

I see Kobe and Gasol coming out strong early after getting embarrassed in game 4. The Nuggs just need to hold on and be patient, having Melo start jacking everything he gets early often leads to selfish basketball by the whole team.

Get your rebounds and make sure not to settle for 3's and i think we can pull this one out.

CoryWinget81
05-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Let's go NUGGETS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihYwcaxEEUk

I can feel it coming in the air tonight.....

Atwnbroncfan
05-27-2009, 02:45 PM
The main key is for J.R. Smith to play well, its obvious that when the kid comes to play this team is unstoppable... We also need Bird to be able to come out and provide some energy, because it seems like any game away from the Pepsi center he is pretty useless.

I see Kobe and Gasol coming out strong early after getting embarrassed in game 4. The Nuggs just need to hold on and be patient, having Melo start jacking everything he gets early often leads to selfish basketball by the whole team.

Get your rebounds and make sure not to settle for 3's and i think we can pull this one out.

They were not embarrassed. It was a 10 pt game till they gave up late in the 4th, thats when we extended our lead. This game will be like the others in LA. But even if they do come out firing as long as we keep it within 10 pts we will be there in the 4th.

Sad thing is we havent played anything like we did agains the Mavs or Hornets. If that comes out tonight we could dominate from start to finish.

d-bronx42
05-27-2009, 03:17 PM
They were not embarrassed. It was a 10 pt game till they gave up late in the 4th, thats when we extended our lead. This game will be like the others in LA. But even if they do come out firing as long as we keep it within 10 pts we will be there in the 4th.

Sad thing is we havent played anything like we did agains the Mavs or Hornets. If that comes out tonight we could dominate from start to finish.

They still got beat by 19 points in the biggest blowout so far in the Conference Finals. Say what you want but i guarantee the Lakers were a little embarrassed after that lose.

Legendary30
05-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I dont think the Nuggets can afford another bad night from Melo. JR is too inconsistant for me to think that he can fill in on the offensive side like he did last game.

In my opinion, the Nuggets have to drive to the hoop early and often and try and put some of the Lakers in foul trouble. Get into the penalty and keep attacking. If we shoot 3's they better be solid looks with the shot clock in the single digits. Nothing kills momentum like a 3 point brick 7 seconds into the possesion.

BroncoManiac_69
05-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Go Nuggets!!

Coldbrew
05-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I dont think the Nuggets can afford another bad night from Melo. JR is too inconsistant for me to think that he can fill in on the offensive side like he did last game.

In my opinion, the Nuggets have to drive to the hoop early and often and try and put some of the Lakers in foul trouble. Get into the penalty and keep attacking. If we shoot 3's they better be solid looks with the shot clock in the single digits. Nothing kills momentum like a 3 point brick 7 seconds into the possesion.

Yeah especially when they shoot 3's when the big guys aren't even in position. And I agree with everything you said here.

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 06:43 PM
I guess Nene has to be bleeding to draw a foul.

VenomousDB
05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
I guess Nene has to be bleeding to draw a foul.

Or dead :eek:

d-bronx42
05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
This has to be the most pathetic piece of officiating i have EVER seen. Do one of the nuggets literally have to get shot to get a call?!?!

This is incredible....

Peerless
05-27-2009, 06:48 PM
David Stern is playing some GREAT basketball......

http://microscopiq.com/images/stern-dave.jpg

VenomousDB
05-27-2009, 07:06 PM
So far this game has not gone in the Nuggets favor and we're still up by 2. We're missing free throws, 8-14 just wont cut it, the refs obviously arent going to call any fouls, and we're missing open shots. We are playing hard though. Itll be tough but I think we can pull it out!!!

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 07:11 PM
THIS IS HORSECRAP!!!!

Andersen gets pushed, no call, Nene puts his hand up as Gasol makes a basket, foul.

d-bronx42
05-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Tied at half... Sasha actually made a shot! :jawdrop:

licence_to_kill
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Officiating seemed fine to me.

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Officiating seemed fine to me.

says the Lakers fan

licence_to_kill
05-27-2009, 07:33 PM
says the Lakers fan

On the other forum I post on theres been no complaints. (Not lakers/socal related)

And you do grasp the horrible irony contained in your post, right?

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 07:38 PM
On the other forum I post on theres been no complaints. (Not lakers/socal related)

And you do grasp the horrible irony contained in your post, right?

What irony? I pointed out the fact that a Lakers fan obviously wouldn't find anything wrong with the officials this game.

Chauncey's offensive foul was a HORRIBLE call.
Nene going to the basket and getting hit on the head, no call.
Gasol scores the basket and Nene avoids hitting him, foul.
Odem SHOVES Andersen on Gasol missed FT, no call.

VenomousDB
05-27-2009, 07:59 PM
We've got to get this going!!! The momentum just shifted big time, lets go NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on!

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:11 PM
LAKERS!!

:td:

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Here we go, they're handing the game to the Lakers.

Skywalker
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Come on Nene, don't be stupid, you just gave them some (possible) free points there.

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Nuggets have to get Mello back in there if they want a chance. The Lakers need to keep getting the ball down low and stop shooting jumpshots. They are soooooo much better when they get Gasol and Odom involved.

Bronco51
Series is over. They are falling apart rapidly. No way they win a game 7 in LA. Refs won't let it hapen. Somebdy will get T'd up every minute the rest of this game.

IHSD
Jesus Christ! This team needs to mature. They're ****ing giving the game away ****!!!!!!!!! I'm ****ing tired of this stupid ass basketball down the stretch. Every ****ing game we control the whole game until the 4th quarter where we ****ing blow it. EVERY ****ING TIME!!!!! ****!!!!!!!!!

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
The Nuggets are definitely still in this game if they don't come out and shoot dumb 3's. If Mello keeps taking it to them that will open up a lot of offense for them.

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Fouls left and right on the Lakers, and not a SINGLE one called, the Lakers have this game HANDED to them on a silver platter.

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Damn Kleza is good...

Guys a rally killer

IHSD
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Bull ****ing ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Melo gets mugged, Gasol gets BARELY touched... guess who gets the foul call?

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Melo gets mugged, Gasol gets BARELY touched... guess who gets the foul call?

Like it or not, the calls generally go in the home teams favor especially when they have the momentum. It happends in almost every game.

Skywalker
05-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Guys, stop taking 3's. Seriously.

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Guys, stop taking 3's. Seriously.

I thought that was a good shot by Kleza, just came up a lil short. Walton got fouled btw, wasn't called..

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Like it or not, the calls generally go in the home teams favor especially when they have the momentum. It happends in almost every game.

I understand that, but this is WAY too obvious towards the Lakers... game 2, game 3, game 4, all bad officiating, but this is the WORST!

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:30 PM
I understand that, but this is WAY too obvious towards the Lakers... game 2, game 3, game 4, all bad officiating, but this is the WORST!

Its starting to even out these last couple possessions though.

Edit, that was a bad call on Nene

IHSD
05-27-2009, 08:31 PM

The NBA is biting its fingernails at a Nuggets versus Magic finals.

Skywalker
I thought that was a good shot by Kleza, just came up a lil short. Walton got fouled btw, wasn't called..

Billups looked like he had a better shot than Kleza *shrugs*

WHAT THE **** KIND OF CALL WAS THAT. THAT WASN'T A FOUL ON NENE!

IHSD
And another ****ing great call!!!!!!!!!

VenomousDB
05-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow. Just wow. That sure was one hell of an obvious foul on Nene!!! What a great call!!!

IHSD
05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm tired of this gay ****ing ****. The series is over. It's 5 against 8.

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
More and more and more... f***ing horse s***

GridironChamp
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I've seen some questionable calls...

But what the hell is Billups doing?

and

Melo is getting too greedy.

IHSD
05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/117405/2/istockphoto_117405_suicide_jumper_staged.jpg

Skywalker
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I've seen some questionable calls...

But what the hell is Billups doing?

and

Melo is getting too greedy.

Yeah, Chauncey is making some weird/dumb passes. And Melo I think is okay, he keeps driving to the basket trying to get a foul I think and get an old-fashioned 3 point play, it just hasn't been working :sad:

GridironChamp
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, Chauncey is making some weird/dumb passes. And Melo I think is okay, he keeps driving to the basket trying to get a foul I think and get an old-fashioned 3 point play, it just hasn't been working :sad:

Yeah, but they are letting them play pretty hard.

I mean calls like the Nene one are bad, but nothing completely terrible yet... At
least since I've been watching.

IHSD
05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
They're doing sportscenter right in front of staples center. Guess I'm not watching SC tonight.

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, but they are letting them play pretty hard.

I mean calls like the Nene one are bad, but nothing completely terrible yet... At
least since I've been watching.

That call was HUGE! Because it fouled out Nene.

GridironChamp
05-27-2009, 08:42 PM
That call was HUGE! Because it fouled out Nene.

Couple that with the hard play for 4 mins, without any fouls, and that touchy one
on K-Mart... tisk tisk. Inconsistancy kills me.

IHSD
05-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Over .

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Going into the 4th tied, the refs decided the game... it was apparent as soon as the quarter started that they weren't going to give Denver a chance.

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Man, I feel sorry for you Nuggets fans. I feel that the Nuggets probably should have won every game in this series, and they are down 3-2. As a Laker fan, I'm pretty dissapointed in their play and very impressed with the Nuggets. Lakers are far too inconsistent this postseason for me.

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Man, I feel sorry for you Nuggets fans. I feel that the Nuggets probably should have won every game in this series, and they are down 3-2. As a Laker fan, I'm pretty dissapointed in their play and very impressed with the Nuggets. Lakers are far too inconsistent this postseason for me.

The officials had plenty to do with it tonight. Games 1 & 3 I admitted that the Nuggets either made mistakes and/or played poorly enough that they didn't deserve to win the game.

Tonight, the refs didn't even give them a chance as soon as the 4th quarter started.

GridironChamp
05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
The officials had plenty to do with it tonight. Games 1 & 3 I admitted that the Nuggets either made mistakes and/or played poorly enough that they didn't deserve to win the game.

Tonight, the refs didn't even give them a chance as soon as the 4th quarter started.

But come on, it's not like Billups played great or like Melo shot amazing. Denver
could have improved on many things tonight. I think they'll beat LA again in Denver
in the same fashion they did game 4.

Bronco51
05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Well, if Karl is any kind of coach, he will go all Phil Jackson on the media and ***** about the refs. Then maybe he can get game 6 handed to him at home as well.

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
But come on, it's not like Billups played great or like Melo shot amazing. Denver
could have improved on many things tonight. I think they'll beat LA again in Denver
in the same fashion they did game 4.

I'm not saying they played outstanding games, but they played well enough to keep it close through the first three quarters...

The 4th quarter was blatantly decided by the officials.

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Ya, unless the Lakers play the best game of their season, I don't see them winning game 6 unless the Nuggets completely flop. They have too many stretches of bad basketball throughout games. And you can't do that against talented offensive teams like the Nuggets.

getlynched47
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Gosh.....that sucks.

I'm about to call series over. The Nuggets looked emotionally and physically drained....the Lakers looked like the better team today.

What's up with all the layup misses? And Chaucey Billups is shooting carelessly like JR Smith...

Papa-pwn
05-27-2009, 08:55 PM
It was 8 on 5 and we lost by 9 on 39% shooting.

Good lord what was with the fourth quarter, our horrible start and don't the refs..

I can't see us losing game 6, but we're going to have to claw out a game 7 win

rst08tierney
05-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Great game tonight guys. Nuggets will get another chance at staples Sunday.

I do believe Friday will be another battle. If the lakers bench and roll player step up again and Kobe can get his in the 4th, its over. I still say Lakers in 7

For laker fans it was nice the Old Odem showed up

GridironChamp
05-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Great game tonight guys. Nuggets will get another chance at staples Sunday.

I do Friday will be another battle. If the lakers bench and roll player step up again and Kobe can roll its over. I still say Lakers in 7

For laker fans it was nice the Old Odem showed up

You watch a lot of Lakers basketball,

Does any player/team actually know that Lamar Odom is left handed? It's a serious
question because every time I watch the Lakers people give him the left and he
takes it with ease and finishes. The first thing you learn in basketball, defense wise,
is to force a player away from his dominant hand, no one does that to Odom.

Skywalker
05-27-2009, 09:00 PM

Does any player/team actually know that Lamar Odom is left handed? It's a serious
takes it with ease and finishes. The first thing you learn in basketball, defense wise,

Maybe he can use both hands? *shrugs*

rst08tierney
05-27-2009, 09:01 PM

Shut down LO's left hand and he is finished. In all honesty, im in shock that he showed up in this series. His back must be getting better.

GridironChamp
05-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Maybe he can use both hands? *shrugs*

Well yeah, any good player can use both hands, but watching that game they still
force Odom to his left. Maybe I just notice it more because it's abnormal? It just
seems, he is given the left more often than he should be.

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 09:02 PM

Usually, the guys that are guarding Odom are bigger slower guys, who often aren't used to guarding guys who face up to the basket, and take people off the dribble. This may account for some of this.

GridironChamp
05-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Usually, the guys that are guarding Odom are bigger slower guys, who often aren't used to guarding guys who face up to the basket, and take people off the dribble. This may account for some of this.

Quite possible and I do see Odom dip by larger guys often. T'was just something
that I always wondered.

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Series clearly isn't over, and IF Denver loses in 7 on a LEGIT called game, then it won't bother me...

I just don't want the officials to decide a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES!

UGH!

HuskerBronco7
05-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Does anyone else hate Gasol like I do?

licence_to_kill
05-27-2009, 09:08 PM
What irony? I pointed out the fact that a Lakers fan obviously wouldn't find anything wrong with the officials this game.

The fact that you can't figure this out is hilarious.

Go on, I'll give you another shot.

Skywalker
05-27-2009, 09:10 PM

Yep, I hate him too.

He bugged me tonight when he got EXTREMELY LUCKY they called that foul on Nene and not him, and then when the Nuggets got the ball back following that Laker possession, a Nugget (I think Melo) was fouled and he started whining.

rst08tierney
05-27-2009, 09:12 PM

I love Pau. but not as much as my boy Nikolov. He has a man crush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZp3xCpYRo

Frenchy180
05-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Yep, I hate him too.

He bugged me tonight when he got EXTREMELY LUCKY they called that foul on Nene and not him, and then when the Nuggets got the ball back following that Laker possession, a Nugget (I think Melo) was fouled and he started whining.

oh man... you forget... that IS the laker way...

rst08tierney
05-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Make sure your fans come with the "No means No!" chants when Kobe goes to the line. It brings back great high school memories for me!

White Dragon
05-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I may calm down later, but I've NEVER been this upset over the officiating in ANY professional sports game before...

The Nuggets didn't play their best, I know that, but they played well enough to keep up with the Lakers and keep them in the game.

The part that bothers me the most is the fact that the refs didn't even give them A CHANCE in the 4th quarter. They had already decided it, which is total BS.

Again, I'm not saying the Nuggets would've won or lost without all those horrible calls in the 4th, but they would've had a chance, and they didn't even get that. I much rather would've them lost and had a chance, and not had the officials dictate things, than had them win with the officials calling it that lopsided in their FAVOR.

rst08tierney
05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I may calm down later, but I've NEVER been this upset over the officiating in ANY professional sports game before...

The Nuggets didn't play their best, I know that, but they played well enough to keep up with the Lakers and keep them in the game.

The part that bothers me the most is the fact that the refs didn't even give them A CHANCE in the 4th quarter. They had already decided it, which is total BS.

Again, I'm not saying the Nuggets would've won or lost without all those horrible calls in the 4th, but they would've had a chance, and they didn't even get that. I much rather would've them lost and had a chance, and not had the officials dictate things, than had them win with the officials calling it that lopsided in their FAVOR.

Now you know how I felt after game 2 and 4. It makes you think the league is a sham but give it some time. You will get even more upset when you see laker fans post that it was the best officiated game of the series. lol

iowabronco24
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Now you know how I felt after game 2 and 4. It makes you think the league is a sham but give it some time. You will get even more upset when you see laker fans post that it was the best officiated game of the series. lol

I felt it was the best officiated game of the series! haha

Go Lakers! :salute!: