PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] The Official Denver Nuggets thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Bronco_f1
11-09-2006, 10:48 AM
I figured that since this is a Denver Broncos forum, there must be a couple of Nugget fans between us, so I decided to make this thread

Bronco_f1
11-09-2006, 10:49 AM
So I was watching the game yesterday, the Nuggets were leading by 12. Then I was saying in my mind "Do not choke again, Do not choke again". At that moment, Jamal Crawford entered the game to score more points than the entire Nuggets team in the fourth quarter.

So what's with the Nuggets that they cannot finish a game? They looked good for 9 quarters, but they choked in all of their games. There has to be something wrong with that, they have to stop relaxing so much when they have the lead

DawgFanatic
11-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Looks like kenyon martin is gonna be out for a while :ugh:

ckstorm182000
11-09-2006, 01:13 PM
These first 3 games have been horrible to watch as a fan. They've had all three in hand and then get outplayed in the 4th

DawgFanatic
11-09-2006, 01:15 PM
These first 3 games have been horrible to watch as a fan. They've had all three in hand and then get outplayed in the 4th
Same with the Phoenix suns, they were up in all the games they lost, once they were up 19 points on the lakers, and lost.

Bronco_f1
11-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Looks like kenyon martin is gonna be out for a while :ugh:

Yes, thats not good :ugh:

Bronco_f1
11-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Carmelo is having a great season. It looks like he will finally make the All-star game :beer:

DawgFanatic
11-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Anthony’s 33 Help Nuggets Past Warriors

Warriors Home
Nuggets Home

Nuggets 115,, Warriors 112
Carmelo Anthony scored 33 points as the Nuggets recovered from losing a late lead to top the Nuggets.

Denver 115, Golden State 112

OAKLAND, Calif., Nov. 22 (AP) -- George Karl's Denver team is far from where the coach wants it, squeaking out wins in spite of its struggles in crunch time.

Carmelo Anthony had 33 points and nine rebounds, and the Nuggets held off the Golden State Warriors 115-112 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.

``We're not executing with much composure down the stretch,'' Karl said. ``We're still winning games, and as I've told people, the improvements we need to make can be made. Right now the team has to stay set on getting better.''

After Mickael Pietrus hit two free throws with 37 seconds left, Anthony was whistled for an offensive foul on the other end, giving Golden State a chance to tie. Pietrus and Monta Ellis both missed 3-point tries in the final 10 seconds.

``That was the shot we wanted,'' Pietrus said. ``Sometimes you miss, sometimes you make. That's like life sometimes.''

But Andre Miller failed on two free throws with 1.9 seconds left and the Warriors had one final chance - yet Mike Dunleavy missed a desperation 3 at the buzzer under pressure.

Anthony hit six of his first seven shots, went 12-for-18 on the night and also added four assists and three steals in his seventh 30-point performance in eight games, helping the Nuggets sustain a late Golden State rally.

``We've been in that situation in every game we've played so far in the fourth quarter,'' Anthony said. ``It came down to our defense. Everybody's got to step up.''

Jason Richardson had a steal and breakaway dunk with 6:50 to play for the Warriors that made it a two-point game and Troy Murphy's 3-pointer tied it at 102 with 5:34 left. The Warriors got several key rebounds late from Andris Biedrins, who had a career-high seven blocks.

Marcus Camby had 14 points and 16 rebounds and Miller added 17 points and 10 assists for the Nuggets, who showed few signs of being fatigued from playing on back-to-back nights - aside from committing 25 turnovers.

Richardson, who has struggled so far coming off arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in August, pulled out some of his impressive old moves and had to like the results: He had a powerful one-handed slam in the second quarter and a pretty reverse layup in the third on which he pump faked to drop his defender. He finished with a season-high 24 points, eight rebounds, six assists and four steals in a solid all-around effort.

``I just try to bring energy. We didn't have it tonight,'' Richardson said.

Golden State leading scorer Baron Davis returned to the lineup after not dressing in a 113-110 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Monday night. He was banged in the ribs during last Saturday's game against Seattle.

Ellis, a 21-year-old second-year guard, had 11 points and a career-high nine assists after back-to-back 31-point performances.

Pietrus scored six straight points with three-point plays on consecutive possessions, pulling the Warriors within 93-89 with 10:33 remaining. The first sequence featured Pietrus hitting three free throws.

The Warriors concluded their season-high, seven-game homestand with a second straight defeat. Golden State had its six-game home winning streak snapped against the Suns.

``It was probably one of our best defensive games if you take away our turnovers,'' Karl said. ``I don't think they played very efficiently against our defense.''

Karl wanted to get some more minutes for Yakhouba Diawara after Miller played 41 minutes Tuesday night. Miller still logged 39 minutes, 56 seconds.

Murphy also returned to the starting lineup for the first time since Nov. 11 after playing 11 minutes Monday following three games on the sidelines with a sore left Achilles' tendon. He had 17 points and seven boards but the Warriors were outrebounded 54-34.

Warriors center Adonal Foyle received loud cheers when he checked in for the first time with 8:57 remaining in the third quarter. He scored moments later and the crowd went wild, then grabbed a rebound on the other end to more applause. Foyle had played only five minutes - in one game - in Golden State's previous five contests.

The Nuggets hit 15 of their 25 (60 percent) first-quarter shots to build a 34-26 lead and led by as many as 10 before the Warriors worked their way back into it and pulled within 61-58 at the break.

Notes: Joe Smith had a great block of Pietrus late in the second quarter. ... Denver G Earl Boykins, nursing the flu, didn't travel with the team as he recovers. ``Very early we knew he wasn't coming,'' Karl said. ... The Nuggets' Nene, who missed his sixth straight game, had an MRI in recent days on his bruised right knee. ``It was good. It was positive,'' Karl said. ... Denver F Eduardo Najera was whistled for a technical for arguing late in the second. ... Ellis is the Warriors' lone player to score in double figures in all 12 games.

------
Good win for the Nuggets, hopefully they can catch up with utah.

Raider-Hater3
11-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Nuggets #1 baby

Bronco_f1
11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
The Nuggets are playing their best basketball since the 80's!

Carmelo looks like an All-star game starter, and he is leading the league in scoring! :beer:

Things are good :) :beer:

Legendary30
11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Nobody has started a Nuggets thread for this season so I figure that I will.

Nuggets are 6-4 right now and they are 4-1 with Billups. They are going to be solid this year. They finally have that leader in Billups that they have been looking for.

The Experience
11-18-2008, 04:32 PM

Nuggets are 6-4 right now and they are 4-1 with Billups. They are going to be solid this year. They finally have that leader in Billups that they have been looking for.

Ya they are lookin' great with Billups and they are playing much better D this year thanks to some additions like Jones, Birdman and Balkman.

Peerless
11-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Too bad they have a defensive presence. :laugh:

And no... Don't say Nene.

Atwnbroncfan
11-18-2008, 05:06 PM

I believe were 5-1 with Billups:

MAVS W
MEMP W
CHAR W
@ CLE L
@ BOS W
MINN W

But we are a more stable team with Billups, he can control the offense and deffense for well.

Atwnbroncfan
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Have you seen the Brrace on Bell's leg tonight against the bucks. :eek: No wonder he is leaving his shots short lol it takes all his strength just to get off the floor let alone enough power to drain the 3 lol

The Experience
11-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Too bad they have a defensive presence. :laugh:

And no... Don't say Nene.

K-Mart is a pretty damn good defender...

Bronco_Armada
11-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Melo is the only good player on that team and that I like, though I am kind of biased on that call. :coffee:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/drew_packham/03/14/starting.five/p1_carmelo-getty.jpg

Broncosfreak_56
11-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Nice win by the Nuggets today. The starters barely even played and we still led by double digits almost the whole game.

Legendary30
11-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Nuggets are 7-4 right now and tied for first in the Northwest. They are gonna have to play tough against the Spurs(5-5) tonight. The Spurs don't look like themselves so far but we all know that they are a tough veteran group.

Nuggets @ Spurs tonight 8:30pm Eastern time (6:30pm mtn) at a glance.........

Nuggets Leaders:
Chauncey Billups 17.0
Nenę 14.5
Kenyon Martin 12.9
J.R. Smith 11.0

Rebounds
Carmelo Anthony 8.0
Nenę 7.5
Kenyon Martin 6.9
Linas Kleiza 4.9
Chris Andersen 4.8

Assists
Chauncey Billups 6.2
Anthony Carter 5.2
Chucky Atkins 4.0
Carmelo Anthony 3.8
J.R. Smith 2.2

Spurs Leaders:
T.Duncan 23.9
R.Mason 14.5
M.Finley 10.8
G.Hill 7.3

Rebounds
T.Duncan 10.2
R.Mason 4.3
K.Thomas 3.4
M.Finley 3.3
F.Oberto 3.3

Assists
T.Parker 5.8
G.Hill 3.3
T.Duncan 3.1
J.Vaughn 3.0
R.Mason 2.8

Peerless
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Good game by the Nuggets.

Totally took advantage of the Spurs who are still without Parker and Ginobili.

Atwnbroncfan
11-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Friday night a true test for the nuggs to see where they stand against the west #1 team the Lakers. Good win tonight agaisnt the spurs. Martin has gaurded all the leagues best big men in the past 2 weeks and done an amazing job. Go Nuggs...keep it up. :salute!:

Legendary30
11-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Friday night a true test for the nuggs to see where they stand against the west #1 team the Lakers. Good win tonight agaisnt the spurs. Martin has gaurded all the leagues best big men in the past 2 weeks and done an amazing job. Go Nuggs...keep it up. :salute!:

I agree, the Nuggets have to step it up against the Lakers on Friday. Nuggets are 8-4 and Roll'n!!! :rockon:

Bronco Axe
11-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I am going to be the first one to admit that I was TOTALLY WRONG about the Nuggets, at least so far. The trade has worked out for the better. Allen Iverson has reverted back to his old dumbassed self, he just was fined and suspended for skipping out on a practice, and Denver is actuall playing DEFENSE!!! Wow, what a concept!!!:eek:

They still aren't in the Lakers, Boston, Detroit, Cleveland, or maybe even Utah's League yet, but they are going to be better this year!

Legendary30
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
13-6 and roll'n!! :rockon:

This looks like a team this year and not a group of guys with a couple of stand outs.

Atwnbroncfan
12-03-2008, 04:39 PM
13-6 and roll'n!! :rockon:

This looks like a team this year and not a group of guys with a couple of stand outs.

Agreed. My only concern is the relationship between JR and Karl. If they cant fix that soon its gonna tear that locker room apart fast.

HuskerBronco7
12-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm really impressed with how Billups has helped this team. I think this may be the year we go farther than one series in the playoffs:rockon:

Atwnbroncfan
12-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Nuggs looking a bit sluggish on D tonight. Need to pick it up. Why is it that we cant do jack on thursday night tnt. The hornets and now the spurs at home what give

Bronco Axe
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Nuggs looking a bit sluggish on D tonight. Need to pick it up. Why is it that we cant do jack on thursday night tnt. The hornets and now the spurs at home what give

Because the Hornets were one of the preseason favorites, and the Spurs are still the Spurs. The Nuggets do look more dangerous this year though, and are actuallly playing DEFENSE!! What a concept!:rockon:

Atwnbroncfan
12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Because the Hornets were one of the preseason favorites, and the Spurs are still the Spurs. The Nuggets do look more dangerous this year though, and are actuallly playing DEFENSE!! What a concept!:rockon:

Yea for sure. Need to pick up this win tomorrow. Will be crucial to have all 4 wins against Thunder and Wolves for division titled purposes. Becuase either the Nuggs, Blazers, or Jazz gonna win it and it gonna be close. So cant afford a mental lapse even in december.

Atwnbroncfan
12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
As i said this is a must win for the nuggs and they not playing well right now. But they still in it only down 10, need to come back and pick up the W

Atwnbroncfan
12-10-2008, 08:52 PM
We were down 12 at half we are now up 6 after Melo made 33 pts................In the 3rd quarter alone. Franchise record. Melo has 42 in the game

Bronco Axe
12-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Behind 12 at haltime, outscored them 40-22 in the 3rd QUARTER!!! Carmello has 42 points with 10 minutes left in the 4th and could EASILY score 60 on these guys! What did Karl say at halftime?:rockon:

d-bronx42
12-10-2008, 10:58 PM
1st place in the northwest feels good. :)

And while i like A.I. i would be lieing if i said it's sucks seeing Detriot totally stuggle without Chauncey.

It's always nice when you come out with the upper hand in the trade. Especially since the Nuggs still have their $10 mil TPE from the Camby trade.

Legendary30
12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I am pleased with how the Nugs are playing this season. They are more consistant. They are beating the teams they are supposed to beat and they are playing like a team. Melo's 33 in the 3rd quarter was an amazing performance.:salute!:

d-bronx42
12-11-2008, 08:42 AM
I am pleased with how the Nugs are playing this season. They are more consistant. They are beating the teams they are supposed to beat and they are playing like a team. Melo's 33 in the 3rd quarter was an amazing performance.:salute!:

Exactly. Last year we would consistently be losing to team's we should've beaten. And for us to get better than a number 7 or 8 seed and avoid the lakers we have to be able to beat down the teams we should beat.

MileHighPimp303
12-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Great win vs Dallas. Nuggs are hot going into Houston, and we will see Ming and McGrady tonight.

Atwnbroncfan
12-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Great win vs Dallas. Nuggs are hot going into Houston, and we will see Ming and McGrady tonight.

Aernt they injured?

Axemaster
01-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Crazy game in OKC tonight. Durant hits a 3 to go up 120-119 with 2 seconds to go, only to have Melo hit one with .1 secs to go to win the game!!!

NENE!!! 10-11 shooting, 27 points, 14 rebounds, his best game as a Nugget by far!!!

Legendary30
01-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Now that the Broncos season is over, can the Denver fans show the Nuggets some love???

Right now they are 3rd in the Western Conference and 1st in the Northwest Division.

They are 24-12 and on a 4 game winning streak. They play the next 5 games at home. So they can go on a good run. No word on how serious Carmelos hand is, but I hope he isnt out long.

Atwnbroncfan
01-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Now that the Broncos season is over, can the Denver fans show the Nuggets some love???

Right now they are 3rd in the Western Conference and 1st in the Northwest Division.

They are 24-12 and on a 4 game winning streak. They play the next 5 games at home. So they can go on a good run. No word on how serious Carmelos hand is, but I hope he isnt out long.

it a probable broken hand so who knows. but with chancey and hopefully they put jr in the starting lineup they should be able to make due. they got a lot of home games in the next month.

Legendary30
01-06-2009, 04:36 PM
it a probable broken hand so who knows. but with chancey and hopefully they put jr in the starting lineup they should be able to make due. they got a lot of home games in the next month.

They are saying 3 weeks melo will be out with the Broken bone in his hand. I like the idea of JR in the starting line up. JR, Billups, Nene, K-mart and maybe even start Kleiza at the other forward spot???

getlynched47
01-06-2009, 04:38 PM
that sucks about Melo.......he's out for 3-4 weeks

I bet JR gets to start in his place

HuskerBronco7
01-06-2009, 08:57 PM

It'll be interesting to see J.R in his place

Axemaster
01-07-2009, 03:14 AM

Melo is a Forward though? Don't they need Klieza in there for another rebounder/scorer?

Axemaster
01-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Heard last night on ESPN radio they are having their best start since their FIRST year of joining the NBA!!! The other Forwards need to step up now, they have a lot of home games coming up, but against teams with winning records, so it is going to get interesting.

Axemaster
01-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Now I'm reading about JR and his court date next Tuesday, he will miss the Dallas game at least. A whole year and a half after the wreck! Hopefully he got his stuff straightened out, cause he is a great player.

Legendary30
01-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Melo was out for a few games against Portland Dec, 22nd and 23rd.

This is what the starting line up looked like during that time......

DENVER
SG J. Smith
C N. Hilario
PG C. Billups
PF K. Martin
SG D. Jones

They started 3 guards and brought Keliza off the bench.

Legendary30
01-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Nuggets got their 5th straight win last night beating the Heat 108-97.

The points came from:

Kleiza: 21 pts
Jr smith: 21 pts
Billups: 21 pts
Nene: 14 pts
Kmart: 14 pts

Melo is averaging around 21 pts a game, so if Kleiza can keep filling that void then the nuggets should be okay while melo is out.

Axemaster
01-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Man if they can play like that all the time Witout MELO they are OK!

d-bronx42
01-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Since Chauncey has joined the Nuggets they are 3-1 without Melo...

Also the trade that sent Chucky Atkins and a 1st rounder for Johan Petro and a 2nd rounder finally put us under the luxury tax line.

Southstander
01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Coach Karl will be at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Arvada with in the next few weeks. I want to say it will be on the 28th.

Legendary30
01-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Nuggets win another game without Carmelo beating the Mavericks 99-97.

Right now they are 26-13 and 2nd in the Western conference. :rockon:

Gotta be pleased with this years Nugs!

Axemaster
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Make that 27-13 after a hard fought OT win against the SUNS!!!:rockon: It will be sweet if they can hold on to this #2 seed all year long!

Atwnbroncfan
01-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Nuggs dominating the Jazz tonight. But it seems like Billups and Carter are on edge with each other. They dont seem on the same page. But gotta be happy with a 3 game lead in the division and Melo coming back friday. :rockon:

Legendary30
01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Nuggs dominating the Jazz tonight. But it seems like Billups and Carter are on edge with each other. They dont seem on the same page. But gotta be happy with a 3 game lead in the division and Melo coming back friday. :rockon:

Hell yeah, Nuggets are at 29-15!! Nene had great game stat wise going 12-12 from the floor and scoring 28 points vs the Jazz. :rockon:

Next up: @ Memphis (11-32) Tomorrow night at 8:00 pm ET

Legendary30
01-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Nuggets won their 3rd straight, beating the Memphis Grizzlies 100-85. Chauncey Billups scored 29pts and JR smith scored 20 to lead the nuggets. The Nuggets improve to 30-15 on the season. Standing at 3rd in the Western Conference and First in the Northwest division.

Next up: Tonight @ New Orleans (27-14) 8:00pm ET

Legendary30
02-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Carmelo scored 35 and Nene added 17 as the Nuggets beat the short handed Spurs last night 104-96. Nugs are still 3rd in the West at 32-16. :rockon:

Next up: @ Oklahoma City (11-37) 8:00pm ET

Atwnbroncfan
02-04-2009, 02:28 PM
This the critical stretch of the schedule. 8 straight road games need to go at least 5-3. And hopefully Chauncey is ok, but i want them to keep him out tonight. We can beat the Thunder without Chauncey hurting his ankle anymore...............Nuggs lookin good. :go:

HuskerBronco7
02-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Ok so I have a bet going with one of my buddies...

I bet him 20 bucks that the nuggets are gonna make it past the first round of the playoffs this year.....

to add to it, it the Nuggets don't make it at all I owe him 40, if the nuggets make it to the finals he owes me 40....

So :go: Nuggets!

Atwnbroncfan
02-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Ok so I have a bet going with one of my buddies...

I bet him 20 bucks that the nuggets are gonna make it past the first round of the playoffs this year.....

to add to it, it the Nuggets don't make it at all I owe him 40, if the nuggets make it to the finals he owes me 40....

So :go: Nuggets!

if we play the rockets it will be an interesting series. The battle of the teams who cant make it out of the first. So it will be good. One troubing thing tho is we are only 14-15 agianst teams above .500 but are dominating teams below .500 at 18-1.

Legendary30
02-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Nuggets beat the Thunder 114-113. :eek:

:rockon:

Peerless
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Nuggets beat the Thunder 114-113. :eek:

:rockon:

I'm glad they can beat one of the worst teams in the NBA... in closing seconds. :coffee:

Atwnbroncfan
02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm glad they can beat one of the worst teams in the NBA... in closing seconds. :coffee:

No Chauncey or no Kmart. Taking away our 2 best defensive pkayers, plus Thunder play tough at home. It was a good win.

Legendary30
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM

I'm glad too. :coffee:

Atwnbroncfan
02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Nuggs are absolutely pounding the Wizards on espn tonight. Up 68-48 at half. What i love most is the off the ball movement tonight.

Also love seeing the trailblazers getting pounded by the Thunder :D

BroncoRy
02-06-2009, 09:08 PM
No Chauncey or no Kmart. Taking away our 2 best defensive pkayers, plus Thunder play tough at home. It was a good win.

Yeha it was. OKC has been playing well enough to go 6-6 in their last stretch playing competitive basketball. Kevin Durant is a dominant player. That team will be even tougher as the season wears on.

CodyRoark
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Damn we pounded the Wizards but then we got pounded by the Nets, a really tough tough loss to watch... Melo and Nene 4 fouls each... Oofa. I think we can beat Heat! We have before lets do it again...

Schedule:
Tuesday: Heat
Wednesday: Orlando...

Orlando will be tough for us...

Legendary30
02-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Damn we pounded the Wizards but then we got pounded by the Nets, a really tough tough loss to watch... Melo and Nene 4 fouls each... Oofa. I think we can beat Heat! We have before lets do it again...

Schedule:
Tuesday: Heat
Wednesday: Orlando...

Orlando will be tough for us...

Nuggets beat the heat 99-82. They are now 35-17 .

Up next: @ Orlando (38-12) 5pm ET

How about this.....................................

Nuggets' Smith to replace Memphis' Gay in Dunk Contest

PHOENIX -- Denver Nuggets swingman J.R. Smith will replace Memphis forward Rudy Gay in the slam dunk contest.

Gay was forced to pull out Tuesday because of a strained left hip. Smith also competed in the 2005 event.

"I have a few things under my sleeve," Smith said Tuesday after the Nuggets won in Miami. "I can't really talk about it. It's top secret, man."

Defending champion Dwight Howard of Orlando, 2006 winner Nate Robinson of New York, and Portland rookie Rudy Fernandez round out the field.

The dunk contest is the final event of All-Star Saturday night.

The Sprite Slam Dunk will be televised live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night, which will also feature the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, PlayStation Skills Challenge and Haier Shooting Stars. TNT and ESPN Radio's national coverage will begin at 8 p.m. EST from US Airways Center. The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 15, will air live on TNT, ESPN Radio and in more than 215 countries and territories in 44 languages.

http://www.nba.com/2009/allstar2009/02/10/smith.replacement/index.html

I am excited to see what JR can do. He can fly.

Atwnbroncfan
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Nuggets beat the heat 99-82. They are now 35-17 .

Up next: @ Orlando (38-12) 5pm ET

How about this.....................................

Nuggets' Smith to replace Memphis' Gay in Dunk Contest

PHOENIX -- Denver Nuggets swingman J.R. Smith will replace Memphis forward Rudy Gay in the slam dunk contest.

Gay was forced to pull out Tuesday because of a strained left hip. Smith also competed in the 2005 event.

"I have a few things under my sleeve," Smith said Tuesday after the Nuggets won in Miami. "I can't really talk about it. It's top secret, man."

Defending champion Dwight Howard of Orlando, 2006 winner Nate Robinson of New York, and Portland rookie Rudy Fernandez round out the field.

The dunk contest is the final event of All-Star Saturday night.

The Sprite Slam Dunk will be televised live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night, which will also feature the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, PlayStation Skills Challenge and Haier Shooting Stars. TNT and ESPN Radio's national coverage will begin at 8 p.m. EST from US Airways Center. The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 15, will air live on TNT, ESPN Radio and in more than 215 countries and territories in 44 languages.

http://www.nba.com/2009/allstar2009/02/10/smith.replacement/index.html

I am excited to see what JR can do. He can fly.

Lol yea i saw last night on sportscenter. I was so happy when i found out. I think JR will win it. But of course thats a homer pick but it will def make it better to watch.

But the super man thing by Dwight last year was amazing.

CodyRoark
02-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I think it'll only be a real running between Howard and Smith!

CodyRoark
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Nuggets Def. Magic 82-73 in a low scoring game!

Up Next:
All Star Break:
JR Smith in the Dunk Contest
Chauncey Billups as an Alternate in the All Star Game!

After the Allstar Break:
@ Philadelphia 76'ers 2/18/09

Atwnbroncfan
02-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Nuggets Def. Magic 82-73 in a low scoring game!

Up Next:
All Star Break:
JR Smith in the Dunk Contest
Chauncey Billups as an Alternate in the All Star Game!

After the Allstar Break:
@ Philadelphia 76'ers 2/18/09

Indeed 36-17 by far best nuggets start ever. But with the west this year i really dont think we get past round 2 with having to play either the Lakers or Spurs in round 2.

Magice number most liely needed for the divsion: 20

Bowie Man
02-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Indeed 36-17 by far best nuggets start ever. But with the west this year i really dont think we get past round 2 with having to play either the Lakers or Spurs in round 2.

Magice number most liely needed for the divsion: 20

Personally, I think we have a fair shot at beating the Spurs. We won the series, and while they did have their three main guys out that third game, we had two out(Martin for the whole game, Billups went out in the 2nd quarter), and if I remember right, the game wasn't close until we sat Melo. So I think it'll at least be closer, but still tough.

Legendary30
02-12-2009, 08:25 AM
This is the year that the Nuggets make a deep run into the playoffs. Billups brings that leadership they never had and he makes everyone around him better.

Atwnbroncfan
02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Personally, I think we have a fair shot at beating the Spurs. We won the series, and while they did have their three main guys out that third game, we had two out(Martin for the whole game, Billups went out in the 2nd quarter), and if I remember right, the game wasn't close until we sat Melo. So I think it'll at least be closer, but still tough.

Closer yes. But the 1st game we beat them Parker and Ginobli were out, and as you said in the third game Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli were out. If we get Petro more playing time I think it could be close. I love Birdman and Kleiza, but i get so Freakin mad at Karls rotation, why Balkman and Petro dont get more playing time i will never know.

getlynched47
02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
how about them Nuggets!!!!! :go: :td:

They are looking like a team that might make it past the first round of the playoffs this year :eek:

I'm excited that I have the Nuggets to watch...........because its painful to watch the Avs

Legendary30
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
If the season ended today:

Western conference Playoffs:

1. Lakers
vs
8. Utah

2. Spurs
vs
7. Hornets

3. Nuggets
vs.
6. Rockets

4. Trail Blazers
vs.
5. Mavericks

I like the Nuggets chances having home court vs Houston.

Axemaster
02-13-2009, 10:19 AM
DEFENSE!!! The Nuggets are winning LOW SCORING games! It is amazing how one player has made a difference, because now everyone else on the team seems to be buying in to the philosophy that you have to at least attempt to play defense in the NBA if you want to even be considered a threat come playoff time!

Atwnbroncfan
02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
If the season ended today:

Western conference Playoffs:

1. Lakers
vs
8. Utah

2. Spurs
vs
7. Hornets

3. Nuggets
vs.
6. Rockets

4. Trail Blazers
vs.
5. Mavericks

I like the Nuggets chances having home court vs Houston.

Those are good matchups and will be fun to watch. If Boozer is back for the playoffs the Jazz can give them a run for theor money.

Rd. 1
Lakers>Jazz
Spurs>Hornets
Nuggets>Rockets
Mavs> Trail Blazers

But in the end we will prob be out after rd 2. Bc im still not convinced we can take out the Spurs. Unless one of their big 3 gets hurt.

CodyRoark
02-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Last time SA's Big 3 Played we got killed... It was bad to watch but I think we can be a challenge...:go:

draco193
02-13-2009, 09:01 PM
The Nuggets have to make a run this year, because they are in salary hell afterwards.

Atwnbroncfan
02-13-2009, 10:22 PM
The Nuggets have to make a run this year, because they are in salary hell afterwards.

Actually no they aern't with the last trade of sending Atkins to the Thunder they got below the salary luxury tax. Plus with Klieza as a free agent next year we could lose more, but we need to trade him before thursday IMO.

Gr3yStreet
02-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Go Nuggets!:go:

Atwnbroncfan
02-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Go Nuggets!:go:

Go JR in slam dunk contest :go:

3 pt up now.

Gr3yStreet
02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Go JR in slam dunk contest :go:

3 pt up now.

Lol. The next time a Denver Nugget wins an all-star contest will be the season we get the #1 pick.

BUT...go JR!

P.S. this Jim Beam commercial, with some chick in underwear saying "he can do whatever he wants" is bogus, and makes me angry.

Just in case anyone else saw it.

Atwnbroncfan
02-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Lol. The next time a Denver Nugget wins an all-star contest will be the season we get the #1 pick.

BUT...go JR!

P.S. this Jim Beam commercial, with some chick in underwear saying "he can do whatever he wants" is bogus, and makes me angry.

Just in case anyone else saw it.

Lol as long as you got the cash it dont matter. She will love your money lol

Gr3yStreet
02-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Riiiiiiiiigggggggggeeeeeddddddd.

Rigged.

ckstorm182000
02-14-2009, 08:32 PM
That's not even a difficult dunk for a 6'10 guy. What a joke

Gr3yStreet
02-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Why did they even invite other athletes?

They could just have Dwight Howard dunk for twenty minutes....

Atwnbroncfan
02-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Wow the point of this Dwight shoulda got a 43 (what JR got the first time) and maybe a 46 for the 2nd. It should be JR and Dwight in the final. Nate Robinson first was good but 2nd was a joke....These judges are garbage.

CodyRoark
02-14-2009, 09:48 PM
JR's first dunk deserved more then a 43... But his second should have been a 45... I didn't like the judges, Dwight's first dunk was crap and he boom got a 50... His second dunk was boring... but he still got a 50... Eek..

I have an off topic question:
Since I'm a huge Denver/Melo fan I was wondering where I could possibly find this shoe online?
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Codyisadaredevil/MeloShoes.jpg

Broncofan1990
02-14-2009, 11:17 PM
I am excited For mu nuggs..... but then again this is almost the exact same team that cant win two games in the 1st round in the last 6 years

CodyRoark
02-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Philly is next!

I hope we can play strong because we face some really tough teams in the next couple of weeks.

Celtics/Lakers/Hawks/Bulls(by the way they are playing now)

BroncoRy
02-18-2009, 08:16 AM
I am excited For mu nuggs..... but then again this is almost the exact same team that cant win two games in the 1st round in the last 6 years

Well, almost. There is this guy named Chauncey Billups that will help with that. Also the subtraction of Marcus Camby was a great move. He is not built for the grind of playoff basketball or at least built to be the contributor the Nuggs needed him to be in the past.

but i feel your pessimism. Until the Nuggs actually win two games or a playoff series than they are nothing more than a team that doesnt know how to win when it matters most. Let's hope this is the season we can be proud to be denver nugget fans.

Tonight's game vs. Philly makes me nervous. I really hope the Nuggs come out blazing and take down the three mediocre teams they are scheduled to play.

Atwnbroncfan
02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Get Kleiza off this team, has the worst devesions ive ever seen. We made a great comeback now but he costing us the lead with these piss poor decsions.

Trade him to New York for David Lee NOW..............

Atwnbroncfan
02-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Great game. THe refs should hate themselves over 50 fouls through 3 quarters.

But Nuggs came back. We are finding out wit our D and O no one can beat us.

BroncoRy
02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Nuggets are starting to play dominant ball and I am beginning to expect them to win--

I agree about Kleiza. Id rather see the Nuggets have another big man who can play over Kleiza.

CodyRoark
02-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I was watching a stream of the game and when we were down 21-7 people were already throwing in the towel for Denver... That made me sick... We did come back and the announcers really agitated me... They should have shut their yaps!

But I agree with Kleiza... He rushes his shots, turns over the ball too much, and constantly argues with the ref. We don't need him... Trade him and Steven Hunter and Sonny Weems for Nate Robinson! lol

Atwnbroncfan
02-18-2009, 08:43 PM
I was watching a stream of the game and when we were down 21-7 people were already throwing in the towel for Denver... That made me sick... We did come back and the announcers really agitated me... They should have shut their yaps!

But I agree with Kleiza... He rushes his shots, turns over the ball too much, and constantly argues with the ref. We don't need him... Trade him and Steven Hunter and Sonny Weems for Nate Robinson! lol

You realize Nate was the one who started the brawl with us a few years ago right? lol

Id much rather have David Lee gets us another bigman plus we only have to give up Kleiza for him, and maybe that pick from Charlotte.

The Experience
02-18-2009, 09:21 PM
You realize Nate was the one who started the brawl with us a few years ago right? lol

Id much rather have David Lee gets us another bigman plus we only have to give up Kleiza for him, and maybe that pick from Charlotte.

Robinson and JR are over it. No way the Knicks trade Lee for Kleiza. So it would be a good deal for Robinson

d-bronx42
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Awesome win tonight in Philly... Down 16 in the first half only to go on a 21-2 run to start the 3rd quarter, with Chauncey going for 17 in the 3rd alone. It's amazing how much we have improved since last year. Even George Karl is actually coaching for a change!

Feels good saying the Nuggets are 2nd in the West!

Suck on that Utah! :go:

Gr3yStreet
02-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Chauncey Billups friggin ROCKS.

Thank god the nuggets are playing well...

the Avs are a trainwreck, the broncos are slaughtering the roster and I refuse to support any more Monfort owned teams....

Legendary30
02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Next Up: @ Chicago (24 - 30) Friday 02/20/09 8:30pm ET

MileHighPimp303
02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I think we will probably win the next two road games. If we can win two of the next three games at home you have to look at this team as a dangerous one come playoff time. BEAT LA :go:

MileHighPimp303
02-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Chauncey Billups friggin ROCKS.

Thank god the nuggets are playing well...

the Avs are a trainwreck, the broncos are slaughtering the roster and I refuse to support any more Monfort owned teams....

The Avs will get the 8 spot, Stasny is coming back.

CodyRoark
02-20-2009, 08:15 PM
The Nuggets game doesn't look to good... Already the 4th and we are down by 10... WE need to stay outta foul trouble and execute a great run... It's not over yet but I don't know if we could come back? Let's see.

I can't believe we just lost to the flippin Chicago Bulls... We choked big time... WE foul way too much... WE need to not overlook teams... Chicago just embarrassed all Denver fans.

CodyRoark
02-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Nene is hurt... I don't think we can win this one now... 33 seconds left 113 to 116 and we are down... Chances are slim but pray for a miracle...

CodyRoark
02-22-2009, 05:44 PM
After almost putting my fist through my TV and Computer Screen I decided that I don't think we'll win tomorrow or against the Lakers... WE might beat the Hawks... But I think we'll also lose to the Pacers... This is the part of the season where we lose a star player(NENE) and we take a collapse like the Broncos did towards the end of the season... This is sad... WE played 'alright' but we also played very 'horrible' we gave up about 14 3's. 7 of them by Villanueva. It's ridiculous.

I'm very disappointed right now,

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
This is bull**** we suck against Teams who suck. I'm so pissed because we are going to lose to the Celtics tomorrow and most likely the Hawks then the Lakers... DENVER SUCKS WHEN IT"S CRUNCHTIME...

THIS IS ***KIN BULL****>>>>

We are actually the best team against sub .500 teams. but yea agreed, were blowing our potential.

CodyRoark
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
We are actually the best team against sub .500 teams. but yea agreed, were blowing our potential.

We lost to New Jersey,Chicago, and now we lost to Milwaukee... I see things getting worse if Nene is out and Kenyon.

CodyRoark
02-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh my god... damnit this is really f'n bull****... We are getting KILLED... Karl needs to freaking do something... I'm embarrassed so much right now, I just want to put my fist through my Computer Screen... JUST END THIS NIGHTMARE ALREADY...

PORTLAND will pass us and I think they'll win the Division now... We are literally ***ed.

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh my god... damnit this is really f'n bull****... We are getting KILLED... Karl needs to freaking do something... I'm embarrassed so much right now, I just want to put my fist through my Computer Screen... JUST END THIS NIGHTMARE ALREADY...

PORTLAND will pass us and I think they'll win the Division now... We are literally ***ed.

Dont count out the jazz especialy when they get Boozer back. Im not ready to give up yet. Especially since Kmart and Nene injured. And i dont care bout the divsion as long as we go into the playoffs hot. The hot teams are who win in postseason not the teams with the best records. Problem is nuggs always clinch and play soft basketball the last few weeks...hence why we get knocked out right away.

CodyRoark
02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
We need a lot of Defensive Help.

CodyRoark
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
I hate how the Nuggets fans in the crowd are actually cheering Boston...

Atwnbroncfan
02-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Looks like this team is just laying down. Already losing to the Hawks. They really need Nene back.

Atwnbroncfan
02-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Shaky win against the Hawks but a W is a W.................but MELO PLAYED 45 MINUTES :jawdrop:........cant expect that every night. Lakers come on Friday it could get ugly.

CodyRoark
02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Birdman with 5 Blocks 12 Rebounds! Woot! Now that is a great Defensive Bench Player. I noticed in the first 10 minutes of the game, Don't Mess With the 'Johan' Petro was mixed up on Defense. Nuggets need to play better defense if we have a chance to upset The Lakers. Dahntay Jones also is a great player. When he has time and is open for 3's he can make them. He don't push his shots he focus's them in. We definitely need him. The Nuggets had a 16 point lead... But in the fourth we let them back in. Karl needs to tell the team at halftime to play a great third quarter and play excellent in the fourth no matter how far we are ahead and finish the game instead of almost getting another loss after a lead. WE GOT LUCKY.

Melo was red hot all night... WOOOO He was nailing J's everywhere and his 3 pointers made me jump out of my seat. Ever since Melo got injured(knee) he's been missing a lot of free throws compared to when he was healthy he was a red hot FT shooter.

Nuggets need to play strong every quarter in order to close out a game.

Axemaster
02-27-2009, 07:20 AM
I seriously hope the Nuggets pass the Spurzz for the # 2 seed, and can at LEAST make the second round matchup competitive this year. At the least, they are playing better defense, the Boston game didnt even happen as far as I am concerned.:D

Bowie Man
02-27-2009, 07:43 AM
I seriously hope the Nuggets pass the Spurzz for the # 2 seed, and can at LEAST make the second round matchup competitive this year. At the least, they are playing better defense, the Boston game didnt even happen as far as I am concerned.:D

Me too. On monday I was kinda upset about missing the first half of the game. Then I turned on the TV, saw we were down by 20 in the 3rd quarter, and then watched them pass it right through the defense to Big Baby Davis who proceeded to dunk it. Then I shut it off.:)

Legendary30
02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Lets go Nuggets!

BEAT LA!
BEAT LA!
BEAT LA!!

CodyRoark
02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Everyone Pray That We Win, It's The Only Way!!!!

*pray's*

Atwnbroncfan
02-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Everyone Pray That We Win, It's The Only Way!!!!

*pray's*

Well the refs have a man crush on the lakers. Giving Kobe everything, calling 3 fouls in petro in the first 3 minutes. And Gasol spins into Nene and Nene gets called. (Sigh) gonna be a long long night.

MileHighPimp303
02-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Nuggets played a great first half, we will see what happens.
Kobe started to heat up a little in the second.
BEAT LA
BEAT LA
BEAT LA :go:

CodyRoark
02-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Keep Praying for a Miracle!!! Believe we can beat Lakers if we try!

BIRDMAN TWEET TWEET Woot! BIRDZILLA MONSTER GAME AS USUAL

Let's not let the Lakers back in the fourth... Play harder then the 1st 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Atwnbroncfan
02-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Lol the announcers are acting like we won the championship haha. But good win. Really didnt think we would win this, huge win. Maybe this will wake us up.

CodyRoark
02-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Woot What a game that the Nuggetz have played! Birdman is a flat out BEAST! :salute!: to the Birdman! 7 blocks and a Double Double...

MileHighPimp303
02-27-2009, 09:48 PM
ya baby, nuggets came up with some huge D tonight.
GREAT WIN:go:

MileHighPimp303
02-27-2009, 09:55 PM
LA scores a season low 79. :D

CodyRoark
02-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Pay Respect to the BIRDMAN! :salute!:

Atwnbroncfan
03-01-2009, 07:27 PM
This team is 2 inconsistent one step foward 2 steps back.

sigh....Blazers whipping the spurs tonight to.

CodyRoark
03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
If this weekend wasn't already bad enough... Nuggets are taking a drastic fall... We'll be No. 8 in the Playoffs and will face L.A again. We are doomed. We get good leads then we blow them by taking crap shots... WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO? WE'VE BEATEN GOOD TEAMS BUT WE SUCK AGAINST BAD TEAMS! This week better be better then the weekend.

miguel_fdz92
03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Benjamin Hochman, The Denver Post: "Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony has been suspended by the team for tonight's game at Detroit. The team called it an in-game transgression, which occurred in Sunday's game at Indiana. Multiple sources said that in the third quarter coach George Karl tried to take Anthony out of the game and Anthony refused to come out, disrespecting the coach. 'There is a code of conduct that we take very seriously, especially from a leader and co-captain,' said Nuggets vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman. 'Carmelo knows this and regrets what happened. He is a very competitive person and made a poor decision in the heat of the moment. We look forward to having him back on Thursday and will have no further comment at this time.'"
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Suicide-lines-Melo-suspended-Joe-Smith-to-Cav;_ylt=AqOaaLnDncgz39Eel4erKXG8vLYF?urn=nba,1452 66
carmelo anthony is suspended for todays game, do u guys think you can still win without melo ?

CodyRoark
03-03-2009, 07:21 PM
This team just completely irritates me... WE get a good 12 point lead and blow it all in the third.
I don't think we'll win now... Chauncey is almost fouled out... Nene is too and Pistons are dominating... I'm throwing the towel in, The Nuggets are too inconsistent.

GOD THIS IS MAKING ME SICK TO WATCH... WE SUCK SOO BAD... WE CAN'T CLOSE OUT A 4TH QUARTER.

I'M JUST GOING TO DECLARE WE LOSE TO PORTLAND AS WELL AND WE ARE GOING TO LOSE TO SACRAMENTO I BET... PORTLAND WILL WIN THE DIVISION.

I've seriously lost a lot of faith in this team.

Gr3yStreet
03-03-2009, 11:14 PM
This team just completely irritates me... WE get a good 12 point lead and blow it all in the third.
I don't think we'll win now... Chauncey is almost fouled out... Nene is too and Pistons are dominating... I'm throwing the towel in, The Nuggets are too inconsistent.

GOD THIS IS MAKING ME SICK TO WATCH... WE SUCK SOO BAD... WE CAN'T CLOSE OUT A 4TH QUARTER.

I'M JUST GOING TO DECLARE WE LOSE TO PORTLAND AS WELL AND WE ARE GOING TO LOSE TO SACRAMENTO I BET... PORTLAND WILL WIN THE DIVISION.

I've seriously lost a lot of faith in this team.

Chill man.

You wont give a crap about a little bad stretch if we perform in the playoffs, and it seems as if this team is moving towards a propensity of performing well against the more "elite" teams.

That being said....

this recent trend of losses to clearly inferior teams it deeply disturbing.

Perhaps this one may be written off to the Melo situation, but the Indiana game, and before the all-star break, the Bucks game were absolutley inexcusable.

In any case...

I hope for the best with these guys and want to believe that they will make there mark in the playoffs. But at the same time the better keep it in perspective and realize they are flirting the edge on NOT making the playoffs at all.

You can never get comfortable in the current NBA west.:go:

CodyRoark
03-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Well I wrote that at the heat of the moment when I was pissed.

George Karl needs to tell his team they need to finish the 4th really strong and not give up shots... I'm sorta looking forward and not looking forward to Portland tomorrow.

MileHighPimp303
03-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Does anybody else wonder why George doesn't ever call a timeout when the other team goes on a 10-0 run?
This is starting to piss me off...

Atwnbroncfan
03-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Bc they dont listen to Karl anyway

MileHighPimp303
03-05-2009, 10:04 PM
The refs too.

Atwnbroncfan
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
:clap::clap::clap:..........congrats to another night this team thinks they got it in the bag in the 1st quarter and give up...........team has no heart, seems like the heart of chauncey has been sucked out too.

Atwnbroncfan
03-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Blazers really showing their youth in this 4th..........But in 2-3 years the Blazers will be a scary team

CodyRoark
03-06-2009, 12:23 PM
We got a hard victory... Birdman's block on Fernandez was spectacular! Karl needs to call a timeout when the opposing teams goes on a big run. Smith's half court shot was good! We do need to be more careful and we need to definitely need to get more rebounds!

Atwnbroncfan
03-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I am confused, Karl is completely going away from his rotation tonight. :confused:

Atwnbroncfan
03-06-2009, 09:48 PM
This team cant finish a quarter for the life of them. Mark my words not finishing out this quarter strong will cost us this game.

CodyRoark
03-08-2009, 01:22 PM
No one can beat Utah for some reason... Someone needs to. Nuggs/Utah are tied up. The Nuggets need to beat Sacramento tonight. If we lose I will turn emo.

BroncoManiac_69
03-08-2009, 01:36 PM
No one can beat Utah for some reason... Someone needs to. Nuggs/Utah are tied up. The Nuggets need to beat Sacramento tonight. If we lose I will turn emo.

Utah hasn't lost since owner Larry Miller died. They are fired up and it sucks. :(

CodyRoark
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Nuggs give up 35 in the first to the worst team in the NBA. We are down by 13 in the 2nd. WE are playing sloppy... We are going to lose. WE will drop to 3rd in Northwest. Down by 15 I say it's officially over... Our season was just described in this game. WE SUCK BIG TIME AND WE'LL ALWAYS BE LOSERS. The Broncos will be the only hope Colorado has of ever having success.

CodyRoark
03-08-2009, 07:01 PM
This makes me sick to my f'n stomach. We suck period. We are horrible against bad teams and I might just switch to a Lakers fan if we don't do jack notta. I'm going emo for sure... SInce we are going to lose...

CodyRoark
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I've officially ripped my Nuggets jersey. I hate this team they suck. I'm no longer going to watch NBA because it's all ****.

Broncofan1990
03-08-2009, 09:09 PM
holy christ we are doing it again.... 4 pushing 5 years in a row we have played like at the end of the season... if we lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again we need a brand new coaching staff.... the players are fine they played decent till the coaches put it on curse control... I really dont know what to say has a nugget fan right now

MileHiNative4
03-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I've officially ripped my Nuggets jersey. I hate this team they suck. I'm no longer going to watch NBA because it's all ****.

Man o man, so negative! They have been on the road the past 2 weeks. The Nuggets will have there ups and downs like any team in the NBA. Hopefully they are getting it out of there system now, before the playoffs start. Plus, they are 1 game back in the NWD, so a win tonight vs. Houston will knot it up(assuming the Jazz lose there next game).It would be a three way tie if the nuggs and Blazers win there next game and jazz fall short. They all need to take a charge more often when a player's drivin the lane, that drives me crazy. Thats there BIG problem on D, and too many quick jump shots on O and a lack of sharin the rock is killing them. When the nuggets take there time and work in the paint its hard to stop em'.

There main problem all together, is giving up a huge lead by taking quick shots and before they know it the other team is back in it. That has got to change if they expect to make it out of the first round in the PO this yr.

Theres 6 more weeks left in the regular season, and all and all the Nuggets are a legitament contender so far into it. They seem to beat the good teams and lose to the s***y ones, i don't get it?! Is Birdman the s*** or what????

Legendary30
03-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm not ready to give up on the Nuggets just yet. They are still a playoff team. You have to be optimistic. :go:

CodyRoark
03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Well I didn't rip my jersey but I was real close to. How can we lose to the worst team in the NBA? Seriously we sucked big time last night. I can't keep my faith in an inconsistent team. Unless they pull something like Utah I don't think we'll make it that far.

Gr3yStreet
03-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Wheels are fallin off the bus...very frustrating.

CodyRoark
03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Another game, what's new? Down by 12 in the 3rd. NUGGETS SUCK THEY WILL ALWAYS SUCK, THEY'LL NEVER WIN AGAINST ANYONE IN THE PLAYOFFS... WE'RE THIRD IN THE WEST... I'M DONE WITH THIS TEAM... THEY FLAT OUT SUCK BALLS.

Atwnbroncfan
03-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Another game, what's new? Down by 12 in the 3rd. NUGGETS SUCK THEY WILL ALWAYS SUCK, THEY'LL NEVER WIN AGAINST ANYONE IN THE PLAYOFFS... WE'RE THIRD IN THE WEST... I'M DONE WITH THIS TEAM... THEY FLAT OUT SUCK BALLS.

Im pretty sure championships aernt won in march. I think they can still figure this out. Give em the shot.

CodyRoark
03-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Fuc em, they ain't going to get anything... Fourth Quarter and we are going to lose. This team can't make any fan happy. They blow every lead they get and can't make a shot worth hell. They need some work and we won't win the division. Nuggets simply suck. I'm losing faith in this team. Already have.

CinnaMunMun
03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Nuggets within 4....;)

CodyRoark
03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Another Loss... 3 In A Row. We Won't Win The Northwest And Won't Be In The Playoffs.... Damnit This Game Was Fuced Up... Bull Crap Bs Game...

Btw: Saw Champ Bailey!

CinnaMunMun
03-09-2009, 08:34 PM
The refs are bull****... JR didn't trip him... Chauncey got fouled and no one called it. JR fell because he got pushed and then they called foul on him... This game was BS... Refs suck... UGHHHS

You have to admit, they did make it close against a red-hot Houston team. :D

CodyRoark
03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
The only things about this game is JR Smith's two buzzer beaters. And Champ Bailey sighting!

CinnaMunMun
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
The only things about this game is JR Smith's two buzzer beaters. And Champ Bailey sighting!

I blame Champ then. :laugh:

CodyRoark
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Nuggets will get the 8th or 9th spot in the Western. We are loyally screwed. I'm not going to watch the next 10 games. I'll just get on after 3 weeks and check.

Broncofan1990
03-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Its the coaches I am starting to notice... Think about we have the players and talent... but the coaches are the one to tell them to be aggressive and not to take jump shots

CodyRoark
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I've noticed JR Smith has made 3 Buzzer Beater 3 pointers in the past 4 games!

Atwnbroncfan
03-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I've noticed JR Smith has made 3 Buzzer Beater 3 pointers in the past 4 games!

I thought you were a cavs fan now bc this team is too pathetic.

CodyRoark
03-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I thought you were a cavs fan now bc this team is too pathetic.

lol I like the Cavs but as much as it kills me to say this, I'm a Nuggz fan. Even though we can't win a game worth our life and we are falling in the ranks I still have to stick with them because I did make the commitment to them no matter how pissed I get at them.

CodyRoark
03-11-2009, 08:21 PM
We are playing good tonight. Balkman and Carter have stepped it up big time. Still need to be better on defense though. Utah lost and Portland is in a tough battle with Dallas... I hope Portland loses. Other then that it'll be a two way tie tonight if Portland loses and Denver wins... Melo is having an 'okay' night, not too hot from the field. Birdman 4 blocks! Billups struggling a little bit from the field as well. WE have two and a half days of rest, so we'll be good to go for Saturday against the Clippers in Mile High!

Bronco Rambler
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Its the coaches I am starting to notice... Think about we have the players and talent... but the coaches are the one to tell them to be aggressive and not to take jump shots

Amen, the talent is there. The Nugs are stacked with talent (as we've seen when they actually play to their competitive level). But the coaching I don't think is working.

Change is needed in that front office as well.

CodyRoark
03-14-2009, 04:42 PM
JR Smith is a great player, Birdman is a great player! We have all the talent of the world, but when we are in a predicament the coaches don't use our talent's abilities to secure something.

Utah lost today. I'm hopeful Denver wins tonight!

MileHighPimp303
03-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Anyone know if Marcus is playing tonight?

CodyRoark
03-15-2009, 12:51 PM
He played, but his return to Denver wasn't too great. Melo had an alright game. But Birdman and Balkman tore it up! Portland lost today and Utah faces Orlando!

CodyRoark
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
JR Smith broke some record.. I forgot.

But we've got a slight lead. Hopefully we can hold onto it and close out the game. I hope Portland loses.

armedequation
03-16-2009, 07:11 PM
patience people, nugs are a pretty young team. Be happy they are headed in the right direction and not in the same direction as the knicks or clips

CodyRoark
03-16-2009, 07:14 PM
We're doing alright. Billups without a shot.. I"m shocked.

armedequation
03-16-2009, 07:18 PM
We're doing alright. Billups without a shot.. I"m shocked.

thats one player they should have drafted but im glad he's here. He belongs in a nuggets uniform

CodyRoark
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Good win by the Nuggets! Birdman had a cool block. Melo looks better without a headband and I hope Balkman(groin) is alright

Legendary30
03-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Nuggets are 43-25 with 14 games left. They are 4th in the Conference and
1st in the Division. There isn't alot of breathing room considering they are just 2.5 games ahead of Dallas who is sitting in the 8th spot right now.

1.L.A. Lakers 53-13 0 GB
2.San Antonio 44-22 9.0 GB
3.Houston 44-25 10.5 GB
4.Denver 43-25 11.0 GB
5.Portland 42-25 11.5 GB
6.New Orleans 41-25 12.0 GB
7.Utah 41-26 12.5 GB
8.Dallas 40-27 13.5 GB

Next game: Tomorrow 03/18 @ Memphis (17-49) 8:00pm ET

CHEFY
03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
And will not win the division. We all know who is going to win that?

Question Question

THE UTAH JAZZ

F THE NUGGETS:peace:

Legendary30
03-17-2009, 09:18 AM
And will not win the division. We all know who is going to win that?

Question Question

THE UTAH JAZZ

F THE NUGGETS:peace:

Check the standings right now. The Nuggets are in FIRST PLACE IN THE DIVISION!!! THE Utah Spazz are in 3rd. :coffee:

CodyRoark
03-18-2009, 05:29 PM
This game doesn't look promising. In the first 5 minutes we give up 21 points and only score 10. I don't think we'll win.

CodyRoark
03-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I can't believe we won. We were down by 13 in the 4th and came back to win in OT!

I didn't watch the rest of the game since halftime since it looked hopeless, but nonetheless good win.

Legendary30
03-19-2009, 07:18 AM
I can't believe we won. We were down by 13 in the 4th and came back to win in OT!

I didn't watch the rest of the game since halftime since it looked hopeless, but nonetheless good win.

They didn't go into Overtime, they beat them in regulation! :dance:

They stole that game last night. Trailing all game, them started to chip away late in the 4th. Made stops when they had to. Made shots when they had to.

44-25 and still 4th in the West. 1st in the division by half a game.

Next game: Tomorrow Firday 03/20 vs Washington (16-53)

CodyRoark
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
They didn't go into Overtime, they beat them in regulation! :dance:

They stole that game last night. Trailing all game, them started to chip away late in the 4th. Made stops when they had to. Made shots when they had to.

44-25 and still 4th in the West. 1st in the division by half a game.

Next game: Tomorrow Firday 03/20 vs Washington (16-53)

I just realized that after watching the re-run on Altitude. When I was watching the NBA TV it said End 4th with the score 106-106, so I assumed it was going to OT>

Gr3yStreet
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Kenyon Martins jump shot is a freaking joke...:mad::mad:

CodyRoark
03-20-2009, 08:01 PM
We're killing tonight, but it's against Washington... 5 in a row baby. We need to hold on and hope Portland and Utah start losing!

Gr3yStreet
03-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Great games from

Smith
Balkman
BIRDMAN!

all around.

Let's hope everyone keeps their game elevated for the road games next week. They really could make or break our season.

Either way, it's VERY encouraging to see players taking the offensive load off of Melo and Chauncey.

When Chauncey is free to distribute and then focus his energy on defense, and Melo is able to dish it off to someone who can reliably score I dare to say our offense is close to unstoppable (and Chauncey did say it).

Next up I believe we have phoenix at phoenix and they're playing as hot as anyone. Should be a great test to see if our defense can hold up and slow the suns down.

Axemaster
03-23-2009, 06:55 AM
I have them finishing up 7-5 for the remainder, which would put them at 52-30 for the season, don't know if that will be good enough to win the division or not. This division is the best I have seen and the most hotly competitive since the NBA realignment. These next three road games are key! If they can steal at least one win out of them, that might be enough to put them over the top.

Broncofan1990
03-23-2009, 02:42 PM
i know we hav been on a nice run lately.... but I still dont feel the same way about this team like i did a month ago

Gr3yStreet
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Ah...good job tonight Nugs.

Great road win against a very good team.

Maintain 1st place. Good job.

Legendary30
03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Ah...good job tonight Nugs.

Great road win against a very good team.

Maintain 1st place. Good job.

Last night against the Hornets was a big win for the Nuggets. Playing on the Road and without Nene. I think this team is going to settle down and I feel better about them in the Playoffs than I have the last few seasons.

Gr3yStreet
03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Last night against the Hornets was a big win for the Nuggets. Playing on the Road and without Nene. I think this team is going to settle down and I feel better about them in the Playoffs than I have the last few seasons.

Yeah..

I guess I'm still waiting to see where we end up.

Realistically we could end up anywhere from 2 to 8 in the playoffs still so I'm not jumpin for joy yet.

Still, being able to win on the road like that without your big man is great step.

CodyRoark
03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
We mustn't overlook the Mavs though. They can get hot real fast.

Bronco51
03-26-2009, 03:47 PM
If they can sustain that defensive intensity, they have a real shot at getting out of the first round.

Atwnbroncfan
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
As you guys have seen i love nuggs, and follow em. But I think that we are destined for yet another 1st round exit. Its time to can Karl and promote Dantley. Players dont have respect for or dont listen to Karl. Kleiza needs to be gone as well. Get value for kleiza, add another big man, and we will be solid contenders next year.

CodyRoark
03-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Goodness, can we please can Kleiza? I can't stand him. He sucks. We could use someone else rather then him. Put in Hart. That'd be a good choice.

Gr3yStreet
03-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Melllllloooooo!

Broncofan1990
03-28-2009, 05:34 PM
As you guys have seen i love nuggs, and follow em. But I think that we are destined for yet another 1st round exit. Its time to can Karl and promote Dantley. Players dont have respect for or dont listen to Karl. Kleiza needs to be gone as well. Get value for kleiza, add another big man, and we will be solid contenders next year.

I agree with this statement 100% I wish I could give you a CP

CodyRoark
03-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Melo is on fire! How Many Blocks did Birdman get last night? I have yet to watch the game yet on my DVR>

Gr3yStreet
03-29-2009, 10:25 AM
2 blocks. He just played great all around. He is BY FAR the most energetic player we have on the court.

Either way.

I am starting to have faith in this team going into the playoffs.

If there is anything that a team needs, and we as Nuggets fans know this all to well, it's a solid and deep bench during the playoffs.

The more that guys like Anderson, Balkman, J.R. (when he doesn't start) and Kleiza (not to mention Petro, who I really like and AC who is playing tough and smart) continue to step up and play effectively, the better chance we have have making a solid run.

The bench guys have shown that they can come in, bring lots of energy, put up numbers off the bench (22 from LK last night) and still maintain a commitment to defense so the games don't get out of hand when our starters are out, and many times, like last night, the back-ups plays harder than the starters.:go::go::go::go:

The Experience
03-29-2009, 11:28 AM
went to the game last night. It was pretty sweet. Kleiza actually had a good game. Melo has beeen really good lately and Dahntay Jones is freakin' awesome. We got to meet him last night and he is an awesome guy and he just dominated last night on defense and had a lot of beastly dunks.

Go Nuggets

Gr3yStreet
03-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Alright.

Jazz and Blazer play each other tonight.

As long as we take cre of business against the KNICKS we will gain a leg up on one of em.

CodyRoark
03-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Up by 27 and then we give up a 26-2 run? Holy **** what is wrong with us? I wanna puke.

Gr3yStreet
04-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Up by 27 and then we give up a 26-2 run? Holy **** what is wrong with us? I wanna puke.

It's cool we won. Jazz lost.

More importantly, the Spurs got beat by the THUNDER at HOME.

So your Denver Nuggets are officially in 2nd place right now!

Legendary30
04-01-2009, 07:50 AM
It's cool we won. Jazz lost.

More importantly, the Spurs got beat by the THUNDER at HOME.

So your Denver Nuggets are officially in 2nd place right now!

:go:

With all that is going on in Denver Sports with the Cutler situation, It kinda sucks that the Nuggets going 9-1 over the last 10 games has gone under the radar. 2nd place in the west with all the stacked teams in the conference is no small feat.

Go Nuggets!!

Gr3yStreet
04-01-2009, 02:25 PM

With all that is going on in Denver Sports with the Cutler situation, It kinda sucks that the Nuggets going 9-1 over the last 10 games has gone under the radar. 2nd place in the west with all the stacked teams in the conference is no small feat.

Go Nuggets!!

Thank goodness that the Nugs will be in the playoffs.

I think the whole city needs a break from the Broncos.

Hopefully the Nuggets will go deep and provide a refreshing respite like the rockies did.

Legendary30
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Thank goodness that the Nugs will be in the playoffs.

I think the whole city needs a break from the Broncos.

Hopefully the Nuggets will go deep and provide a refreshing respite like the rockies did.

Thats what I am hoping for!!

Gr3yStreet
04-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Big game tonight!

Ill be at Pepsi cheerin hard!

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Big game tonight!

Ill be at Pepsi cheerin hard!

Make it happen!! The Nuggets gotta protect that home court! There isn't alot of room for error!

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Denver+Nuggets+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+1ZXGLLEgY-ol.jpg

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/kmartyell.jpg

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2008/12/17/01_121608nene__t600.JPG

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/jrSmith.jpg

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 10:49 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05p35yX9aKgV6/340x.jpg

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 10:50 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_INBrALEFjqM/R6sCzFD9RBI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/lqUnE2NDupM/s400/Linas_Kleiza_Wallpaper.jpg

Atwnbroncfan
04-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Tonight is by far the most important game of the year. But thank god the Jazz are 1-15 on the road agaisnt teams above .500.

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 10:51 AM
http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=202&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=6782831

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Tonight is by far the most important game of the year. But thank god the Jazz are 1-15 on the road agaisnt teams above .500.

They are gonna bring it tonight. The Nuggets gotta jump on them and the crowd has to be rowdy!!

http://www.planetabasketball.com/media/imagenes/m_rocky.jpg

Gr3yStreet
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM

They're just not the same with out 19000 screamin Mormons.

Atwnbroncfan
04-02-2009, 11:27 AM
They're just not the same with out 19000 screamin Mormons.

Lol man i feel bad for the players, when they want a beer after the game. Where do they go? lol

BroncoManiac_69
04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm looking forward to tonight's game. We don't get to see the Nuggets very much here in Utah. :coffee:

I'm wearing my Nuggets gear today and I hope Denver opens a can of whoopass on the Jazz tonight. :fight:

GO NUGGETS!!

Legendary30
04-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm looking forward to tonight's game. We don't get to see the Nuggets very much here in Utah. :coffee:

I'm wearing my Nuggets gear today and I hope Denver opens a can of whoopass on the Jazz tonight. :fight:

GO NUGGETS!!

:beer:

Thats what I'm talk'n about!!!:go:

Atwnbroncfan
04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
All right boys, this game is huge. Dont let me down.

BroncoManiac_69
04-02-2009, 11:08 PM
WOOT WOOT!!!

WTG Nuggets.

Even Sir Charles said that the Nuggets deserve the #2 spot and how we can challenge the Lakers in a series.

GO NUGGETS!!

Gr3yStreet
04-02-2009, 11:29 PM
That...was...so...fun.

11 rows back! Awesome!

Go Nuggets!

:go::go::go:

CodyRoark
04-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Damn the atmosphere last night was incredible! Smith is the man. How many buzzer beating three point shots has he made all year? I'm guessing around 13. He's a beast and sooner or later he'll be the Nuggets Leader in 3 Point Makes.

Bird with 8 blocks! WOO

BroncoManiac_69
04-03-2009, 08:29 AM
That shut up the sports guy this morning in Utah. :cheeky:

Buwahahahahaha!!! :laugh:

Legendary30
04-03-2009, 09:04 AM
In a time like this when there is chaos around the Broncos organization......

The City of Denver needs some heroes........

Go NUGGETS!!!!!
http://www.nba.com/media/nuggets/gm4_043007_03_365.jpg

BroncoManiac_69
04-03-2009, 09:11 AM
In a time like this when there is chaos around the Broncos organization......

The City of Denver needs some heroes........

Go NUGGETS!!!!!
http://www.nba.com/media/nuggets/gm4_043007_03_365.jpg

No Kidding. Now if the Nuggets can deliver a trophy, it would sure ease some pain in the metro area.

Atwnbroncfan
04-03-2009, 09:21 AM
WOOT WOOT!!!

WTG Nuggets.

Even Sir Charles said that the Nuggets deserve the #2 spot and how we can challenge the Lakers in a series.

GO NUGGETS!!

Um yea i love my nuggs. But we would only pull out 2 wins against the Lakers. The jazz were shooting 35% and were within 6 pts there towards the end that isnt good. We need to pray KMart gets back, and that our team shuts the heck up and stops arguing with offcials. Those technical fouls will kill us in postseason.

Gr3yStreet
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Ha!

T-Wolves take down the Jazz at home!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Atwnbroncfan
04-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Ha!

T-Wolves take down the Jazz at home!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Im hoping the mavs or jazz who we play. we can beat either.

Gr3yStreet
04-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Im hoping the mavs or jazz who we play. we can beat either.

Ill take the Mavs anyday.

A series against Utah will be seven games.

Atwnbroncfan
04-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Huge day for nuggs. If Cavs can win and Houston can win, and then obviously we win. The division and #2 seed are a few wins away, and a pretty sure thing. knock on wood.

Max Power
04-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Ill take the Mavs anyday.

A series against Utah will be seven games.

Yeah, the Jazz are a much tougher team at home, the Mavericks are beatable home or away.

MileHighPimp303
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Cavs destroying the spurs. I love it.

CodyRoark
04-05-2009, 02:40 PM
The Sky is the Limit and it looks like we might play either Dallas or Utah. Preferably I'd want to play Dallas.

Gr3yStreet
04-05-2009, 03:27 PM
So far so good.

Mavs win, Spurs lose.

Now we just need Portland to go down and the Nugs to take care of business in Minny.

Atwnbroncfan
04-05-2009, 04:36 PM
JR is killer. If he plays this way in the playoffs we could even beat lakers in a series. No one in the league could stop him.

Oh my the Jazz are beating on the Hornets on the raod. 41-19 after 1. :jawdrop: This will b their 1st win against a team above .500 on the road.

Atwnbroncfan
04-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Nuggs doing good tonight. I love the intensity.

Gr3yStreet
04-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Nice.

Always nice to see us dismantle a bad team.

Weems played almost the whole 4th....thats sayin something.

We is one of the hottest teams in the league.

Atwnbroncfan
04-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Magic Number: 3 Wins to secure 2 seed

CodyRoark
04-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I believe if we win one more game and Portland loses that we'll clinch the division!

Legendary30
04-07-2009, 07:55 AM
4 games left to play and the Nuggets have a 2 game lead over the Spurs!

Nuggets (52-26) Remaining schedule:

Vs Oklahoma City (21-55)
@ LA Lakers (61-16)
Vs Sacramento (16-60)
@ Portland (48-28)

Games to keep an eye on the next few days involving Western Conference playoff teams:

Tonight:
Portland @ Memphis
San Antonio @ Oklahoma City
Orlando @ Houston
New Orleans @ Miami

Tomorrow Night:
Oklahoma City @ Denver
Portland @ San Antonio............Win/Win situation for the Nuggets!
Utah @ Dallas......Fight for the 7th seed
Phoenix @ New Orleans

Gr3yStreet
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Luckily for us Nuggets Fans, Chris Tomasson is still writing.

http://www.indenvertimes.com/2009/04/05/nuggets-clinch-all-northwest-tiebreakers-could-win-division-wednesday/

Nuggets win all division tiebreakers, could clinch Wednesday
Apr. 5, 2009
By Chris Tomasson

In their Northwest passage, the Nuggets nearly have arrived.

Denver took a huge step Sunday night toward winning its second Northwest Division title in four years, and could clinch as soon as Wednesday. The Nuggets clinched tiebreakers over both Portland and Utah, which was eliminated from the division race, and dropped their magic number to two.

By winning 110-87 at Minnesota, the Nuggets (52-26) took a three-game lead over Portland (48-28), which fell 102-88 Houston. The Jazz (47-30) won 108-94 at New Orleans, but its two-year run of winning the Northwest has come to an end.

In an easy win for the Nuggets, forward Carmelo Anthony scored a game-high 23 points while only being needed for 31 minutes. Guard Chauncey Billups, who was laughing after the game about having thrown down his first dunk of the season, added 17 points while logging just 30 minutes.

When Anthony, Billups and teammates next take to the court Wednesday at home against Oklahoma City, a win could be enough to clinch the division crown. If the Trail Blazers lose either Tuesday at Memphis or Wednesday at San Antonio (a game that starts two hours before the 7 p.m. tip in Denver) and the Nuggets win Wednesday, the division is clinched. Or two Portland losses could do the job before the Nuggets reach the second quarter Wednesday.

“The playoff challenge is right ahead of us,’’ Karl said after the Nuggets took a 60-40 halftime lead Sunday and cruised to victory despite forward Kenyon Martin missing a second straight game with a rib injury. “We’ll get a workout in Tuesday (after taking Monday off) and probably throw some thoughts into playoff menality in Tuesday’s practice.’’

Sunday’s victory against a divisional foe was pivotal to clinching the seasonal tiebreakers over Portland and Utah:

–The Jazz was eliminated because it can’t do any better than tie Denver in the final standings, but would lose the tiebreaker. The teams split the season series 2-2, but the second tiebreaker is division record and Utah has finished play at 10-6 while the Nuggets are an uncatchable 11-3 with two games left.

–The Trail Blazers trail the Nuggets 2-1 in the season series, and the teams meet April 15 in the season finale in Portland. While the Trail Blazers, 9-5 in the division, would still have a chance to catch Nuggets in that tiebreaker if Denver loses Wednesday to Oklahoma City, they have no chance to win the third tiebreaker. The Nuggets have a 33-15 to 26-20 bulge in Western Conference records to assure they have clinched the tiebreaker.

So it’s a good bet the April 15 game will be meaningless for the Northwest Division standings. It could come into play for overall seeding, but the Nuggets, who have a two-game lead over San Antonio (49-27) for the No. 2 seed and hold the tiebreaker, might have everything wrapped up by then.

The Nuggets have asserted themselves in the West by winning seven straight games and 12 of their past 13. It all started following a March 9 home loss to Houston, which gave the Nuggets a fifth defeat in six games and led to Anthony sitting motionless in the locker room until the wee hours of the morning.

“We knew what was at stake,’’ Anthony said of his team having then fallen to third place in the Northwest. “We knew where we wanted to go. We knew how good of a team we are. We got together after that little rough two weeks, 2 ˝ weeks, that we had. We told everybody, ‘Just put it behind us and move forward.’

“I even was in a little funk with myself. I sat in here for almost four hours one night just thinking about what I can do better and how to help the team. Maybe I needed that. Maybe the team needed that.’

Now, the Nuggets are closing in on breaking the 1987-88 team’s 54-28 mark for the best in the franchise’s NBA history. That season also marked the last time the Nuggets were the West’s No. 2 seed. They’ve never been the top seed in the NBA West.

“I’m watching all the scores right now because it’s an exciting time to see who’s going to end up in that seventh spot because all our intentions are trying to get that second spot,’’ Billups said in Altitude television interview after Sunday’s game about who the Nuggets could play in the first round.

Right now, it’s wide open, with Dallas (46-31), Utah, New Orleans (47-29), Portland and Houston (49-28) all conceivable foes.

While the Nuggets could be locked into the No. 2 seed before they take the floor April 15 at Portland, it’s possible whether they win or lose that night could determine who they play in the first round.

[Post to Twitter]

CodyRoark
04-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm confident we can pull out a home win... It'll be tough... Really tough. With Durant back and better then ever and Westbrook! We've got to play smart.

Atwnbroncfan
04-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm confident we can pull out a home win... It'll be tough... Really tough. With Durant back and better then ever and Westbrook! We've got to play smart.

Nuggs should win. And I aint worried bc Blazers and Spurs play each other wensday. Nuggs should get the 2 seed. But when we get the Jazz that is going to be a long hard fought series. We win one game on the road we will win the series.

Legendary30
04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
The Nuggets got absolutely NO help last night. The teams in the playoff hunt in the west are playing with desperation.

Hornets Beat Heat
Blazers Beat Grizzlies
Spurs Beat Thunder
Rockets Beat Magic

At least we know we will get a little help with the Blazers and Spurs playing tonight. Nuggets fans should keep your eye on that Utah vs Dallas game tonight.

Gr3yStreet
04-08-2009, 06:50 AM
The Nuggets got absolutely NO help last night. The teams in the playoff hunt in the west are playing with desperation.

Hornets Beat Heat
Blazers Beat Grizzlies
Spurs Beat Thunder
Rockets Beat Magic

At least we know we will get a little help with the Blazers and Spurs playing tonight. Nuggets fans should keep your eye on that Utah vs Dallas game tonight.

Ahhh, we don't need any help.

I'd prefer if those teams would lose, but as long as we take care of our own business we will be fine.

Besides, spurs and blazers play tonight. Win win, although I would rather San Antonio win.

Legendary30
04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Ahhh, we don't need any help.

I'd prefer if those teams would lose, but as long as we take care of our own business we will be fine.

Besides, spurs and blazers play tonight. Win win, although I would rather San Antonio win.

No doubt the Nuggets control their own destiny, but it's always good to get a little help and take some pressure off.

Atwnbroncfan
04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
No doubt the Nuggets control their own destiny, but it's always good to get a little help and take some pressure off.

Id rather us win. When see that we gonna get it no matter what we get lazy, and player terrible ball.

Atwnbroncfan
04-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Nuggs are either getting really lucky or really unlucky, bc Andrew Bynum returns tomorrow. So it could help us or hurt us playing him. Depending on how ready he actually is.