PDA

View Full Version : Major charges dropped against Martha Stewart

orangenblue420
02-27-2004, 12:56 PM
WOW - I havent gotten into the details of this case, but from what i heard she for sure was guilty - hmmmmm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4362224/

I mean I think they targeted her purposely, there are plenty biger fish to fry when it comes to securities fraud and fraud in general - but still sounds a little strange to me

BroncoManiac_69
02-27-2004, 01:00 PM
The radio was talking about that this morning.

I think she made the judge a pie. :goofy:

ozzy_osbourne
02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
WOW - I havent gotten into the details of this case, but from what i heard she for sure was guilty - hmmmmm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4362224/

I mean I think they targeted her purposely, there are plenty biger fish to fry when it comes to securities fraud and fraud in general - but still sounds a little strange to me

she is setting someone up and then she is going to wear a wire and work for the govt....

orangenblue420
02-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
I think she made the judge a pie. :goofy:

LMMFAO!!!!!

BroncoManiac_69
02-27-2004, 01:11 PM
LMMFAO!!!!!

:D

Or maybe she made some "special" brownies.

orangenblue420
02-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
:D

Or maybe she made some "special" brownies.

And she didnt send me any - Fry the B1TCH

2 Minute Warning
02-27-2004, 02:33 PM
I saw where she was also making "pillows" for people:rolleyes:
I would prefer the brownies.

RunByDesign
02-28-2004, 08:17 AM
That rich beyotch had to have paid off the judge.

BroncoManiac_69
02-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by portisistheman
That rich beyotch had to have paid off the judge.

With sexual favors? (We need a puking smiley) LOL!

dandaman23
02-28-2004, 04:35 PM
What did she do in the first place?LOL..

RunByDesign
02-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by dandaman23
What did she do in the first place?LOL..

Dumped a bunch of sh*tty stock conviently before it plummeted...like the day before, when she was kicking it with the CEo of the company, (of the stock that plummeted)

See, the average joe had no idea that his/her stock was gonna be worthless the next day and noone told them it was...but go ahead and let your rich b*tch buddy Martha Stewart know, so she can save a few thousand.

That b*tch should be in jail with all the other crook CEO's.

dandaman23
02-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Ok... Didnt really understand any of that but who cares.LOL..

BroncoManiac_69
02-29-2004, 11:46 AM
She probably helped decorate the CEO's house for Enron too. :duh:

mattos
02-29-2004, 02:40 PM
yay, a chance to give my opinion on this. i don't think she really committed a crime b/c i don't think insider trading should be a crime. here's why:
(1) no one is harmed and actually people are helped through the use of insider trading: no one who lost money would not have lost money if she hadn't traded. to the contrary, anyone who is watching the price closely might notice that a large # of stocks were sold and then decide not to buy. thus, by stewart selling, the stock price drops and more accurately reflects it's true value. therefore, anyone who buys at that time either buys at a lower price and loses less money or decides not to buy at all b/c they see the large scale sale.
(2) her "insider info" is actually just a normal part of a capitalist system. every trader in america has a different level of information, she happened to have the most on this trade. so what? the person who trades their own stocks in their spare time has far less information than the person who pays someone to trade for them. is this wrong? of course not. likewise stewart has positioned herself in such a place as to have a very high level of information by personally knowing CEO's. this information is available to anyone who works hard enough to get themselves in this position. kudos to her for achieving this.

the only reason this is a crime is b/c ppl feel that it is unfair for some people to avoid losing money. well, people would have lost money even if she would not have sold, in fact, some people would have lost more money if she hadn't. there is no reason to penalize her simply b/c she placed herself in a position where she was privy to the best info. that's capitalism and i'm all for it.

invisogothworld
02-29-2004, 06:19 PM
How can you sentence someone who can cook you everything known to man, redecorate your house, make you a garden. LOL!!! What a waste of tax payer money on this stupid trial. Must have cost a million plus. I would like to know how much they did waste on it. Geez only go after her if she embezzles or kills someone. Who gives a crap if she did profit from some stock. It's not like she was running Enron or MCI Worldcom. LOL!.

orangenblue420
03-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Its not only that, she only gained like 50k by selling early - thats pocket change to her - she's spent 10 x's that by now on her legal costs, Im sure - it really is ridiculous but on the other hand, as I have been told, the law is the law, whether we agree with it or not and it should be followed (keeping bcollin alive and well , just not gonna have a 3 pg essay about it :D)

BroncoManiac_69
03-01-2004, 02:36 PM
(keeping bcollin alive and well , just not gonna have a 3 pg essay about it :D)

ROTFLMFAO!