PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to the Broncos to make the playoffs?

ECBronco
12-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I thought that more people would want the Broncos to make the playoffs, but it seems there are quite a few fans that just want the Broncos to lose out to get a better draft position.

I definitely want the Broncos to make the playoffs, even as a 6th seed.

Let me know your thoughts.

str8jacket
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
of course..............

Fat Joe
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Obviously, its what we look forward to all year. No playoffs for Denver is like being kicked in the nutts. Alot.

lancane
I thought that more people would want the Broncos to make the playoffs, but it seems there are quite a few fans that just want the Broncos to lose out to get a better draft position.

Either way they are my team, I will not be upset if we loose and better ourselves then or better ourselves and win now. But going to the playoffs and loosing is not always glorious by any standard. I am a Bronco Fan either way!

;)

Ravage!!!
want, or need? I mean.. I would like them to make the playoffs, but its not something I feel I NEED from this team. We aren't a good team this year. We aren't going to go anywhere even if we do make it.

Giveemlove
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Hadn't thought of it in the way of draft selection. Had thought of it in the manner of Do we belong there with the team we have right now?? In all honesty, I don't think so. With the team we have right now, if we were to get into the playoffs, we'd be one and done...and that's just being honest. I love my boys, but reality is hitting. Reality is...we will be sent home with critics laughing.

JWinn
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Of course I want the Broncos to make the playoffs!!

If we get there, we at least have a chance. Anything is possible!

SSBRONCS
12-04-2006, 03:32 PM
playoffs would be nice. getting cutler a first playoff experience would help in the future too

ECBronco
12-04-2006, 03:32 PM
want, or need? I mean.. I would like them to make the playoffs, but its not something I feel I NEED from this team. We aren't a good team this year. We aren't going to go anywhere even if we do make it.
Want, just as it says.

rich5368
12-04-2006, 03:33 PM
I want the Broncos to make the playoffs every year. I think you're misunderstanding some of us. I'm sure we'd all like to see a miracle and we get in and maybe win a couple rounds. What you're hearing though is some of us including partially me have kind of given up hope and are gearing ourselves up for next year which sucks because I've been doing that every year since 99 and I did it ever year from 80-97. 97 and 98 were awesome!!! We won!!! I don't see it happening this year though. To be totally truthful until something is done with the DL and safeties I don't see it happening again anytime soon.

The Executioner
12-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Playoff and then draft a strong (LJ/LT-ish) RB or a TE.

ECBronco
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Hadn't thought of it in the way of draft selection. Had thought of it in the manner of Do we belong there with the team we have right now?? In all honesty, I don't think so. With the team we have right now, if we were to get into the playoffs, we'd be one and done...and that's just being honest. I love my boys, but reality is hitting. Reality is...we will be sent home with critics laughing.
Who cares about the critics? Don't you think the critics expected the Steelers to lose in each of their 3 road games on the way to the Super Bowl last year. Remember that the Steelers wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year if KC hadn't choked so badly down the stretch. So if you get in the playoffs, I think you've done enough to deserve it.

If Denver could make the playoffs, it means the team is probably playing well since they would have to beat San Diego or Cincy in order to make it.

SSBRONCS
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
why are we so far down on tie breakers if we have a better conference record?

rich5368
12-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Playoff and then draft a strong (LJ/LT-ish) RB or a TE.

Why? The glaring problem is the DL. Why in the world draft a RB or TE when you have much bigger needs.

mojo0730
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
The goal every year is to make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. And with Lynch, R. Smith, and Tom Nalen getting up there in age, you'd like to see those guys go out on top.

With that said, I don't believe this team is good enough to make a dent in the playoffs. However, as long as we get in, there's always a possibility. That's better than nothing.

Broncos72690
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Who cares about the critics? Don't you think the critics expected the Steelers to lose in each of their 3 road games on the way to the Super Bowl last year. Remember that the Steelers wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year if KC hadn't choked so badly down the stretch. So if you get in the playoffs, I think you've done enough to deserve it.

If Denver could make the playoffs, it means the team is probably playing well since they would have to beat San Diego or Cincy in order to make it.

Iwas thinking the same thing.

lonestar
12-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I want to make the playoffs but unless the TEAM gets better. But IMHO that is not gonna happen with all the injuries and bad coaching/talent.

I suspect if we win 2 of the next 4 we will be lucky. Maybe PHX and SFO, but winning in SAN and against CINCY @ home may be impossible with our half to 3 qtrs defense.

JoRo
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I always want us to win. But being objective I know where the draftees are comin from and if we did lose out I wouldnt be too mad except I hate to lose. Come draft time id be happy but in the short term i wouldnt.

I want us to win tho. Always.

SSGTWC
12-04-2006, 03:55 PM
absolutely

Giveemlove
12-04-2006, 03:55 PM

We all want to get to the Playoffs. But honestly, do you think with the team we have right now, that we have what it takes to WIN in the playoffs? Take a look in the smack section, what is the number one thing that opposing teams see in us....yea you make it to the playoffs...and always lose. I just don't see it happening for us this season. Would I like it, hell yea I would like it. Expecting it...nope.

Sphinx571
12-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Obviously, I wish the team could make the playoffs. But, that way of thinking may not be realistic anymore. Furthermore, I don't want them to lose just to get a good draft pick!

Fact is, I don't think the team we have this year was ever good enough to get to the playoffs, let alone make it past the first round. And, it pains me to say it!:hurt:

It's all about the future at this point.

ECBronco
12-04-2006, 04:06 PM
We all want to get to the Playoffs. But honestly, do you think with the team we have right now, that we have what it takes to WIN in the playoffs? Take a look in the smack section, what is the number one thing that opposing teams see in us....yea you make it to the playoffs...and always lose. I just don't see it happening for us this season. Would I like it, hell yea I would like it. Expecting it...nope.
Wow, that is horrible smack. How many teams make it to the playoffs and lose? 11 out of 12. How many Super Bowls have the Colts, Eagles, Bears, Falcons, Giants, Cowboys, Panthers, Chiefs, Chargers COMBINED won this decade? Zero. Most teams lose in the playoffs.

I'm not foolish. I know the Broncos are not a great team. But that doesn't mean that I don't want them to make the playoffs.

Plus, I was just looking at the playoff picture. If they made it as a 5th or 6th seed right now, they would play New England or Baltimore on the road. Both teams the Broncos have already beaten.

If someone said made me choose between moving up 5 draft slots or beating the Pats/Ravens to get to 2nd round, I'll take the playoff win any day.

Giveemlove
12-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Wow, that is horrible smack. How many teams make it to the playoffs and lose? 11 out of 12. How many Super Bowls have the Colts, Eagles, Bears, Falcons, Giants, Cowboys, Panthers, Chiefs, Chargers COMBINED won this decade? Zero. Most teams lose in the playoffs.

I'm not foolish. I know the Broncos are not a great team. But that doesn't mean that I don't want them to make the playoffs.

Plus, I was just looking at the playoff picture. If they made it as a 5th or 6th seed right now, they would play New England or Baltimore on the road. Both teams the Broncos have already beaten.

If someone said made me choose between moving up 5 draft slots or beating the Pats/Ravens to get to 2nd round, I'll take the playoff win any day.

I see your point and I agree. I would love the playoffs also. SO from a Want position..hell yea. From a Is it going to happen position...I don't think so. :ugh:

fraguela09
12-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Denver still holds fate in their hands... Denver can still afford to lose one more game and get in... Jets will lose 1 0r 2 (Bills, Vikings, Miami & Raiders)... Cincy has to play us and could we really lose 4 games in a row at home? Cincy also has to play Raiders, Colts & Steelers... Jags have a tough road (Colts, Titans, Patriots & KC)... And, KC has to play Ravens, Chargers, AT Oakland and finally JAGS. NOw, the main reason everyone has broncos on the outside looking in is because of one simple thang: when you calculate who wins tiebreaker in wild card teams, when there are 3 or more teams, you first compare teams in each division and only the "winner" makes it through to be pooled against remainder teams for final wildcard spot... thus, KC has a better division record against denver right now, so by virtue of win-loss record in AFC West, KC knocks Denver out... HOWEVER, KC will hopefully lose to either San Diego or Oakland, and that would make them tied with us... Also, Say Denver goes 3-1 and winds up 10-6... Chances are KC goes 2-2 and ends up 9-7... AND, with KC out of the picture, denver wins tiebreakers with JETS, JAGS (Both have 4 afc conf. loses) and hopefully Cincy (after we beat Cincy). Denver only has 3 afc loses. So, Denver has to beat either chargers/bengals and most take care of business versus Arizona and San Fran.. then we are in! And, if we get in and are a wildcard team... Well, Denver already beat Patriots & Baltimore... So, a win is more than possible... Then, it's either on to San Diego or Indianapolis... Also, with a wildcard berth, Denver gets a higher draft pick and an easier schedule next year, which is not that bad at all eh?

SmithOverTO
12-04-2006, 04:12 PM

This isnt the NBA where everyone and their grandmother makes the playoffs. This is the NFL, where as the Steelers proved a year ago being a Wild Card champ isnt impossible.

TheGlue Factory
12-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Call me a selfish S*B but it makes the offseason just that much shorter.

Day1BroncoFan
12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
This is my feeling every year.
I want them to win the SB.
Not that I expect that to happen but, I want it to happen.
After watching the Broncos for over 40 years and losing 4 SB's, I sometimes wonder if I would rather not see them in the SB than lose.
Alas, you must get there to win.

selyoink
12-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Anyone who doesn't want us to make the playoffs isn't a fan.

Giveemlove
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Anyone who doesn't want us to make the playoffs isn't a fan.

Thanks for sharing that key piece of information. I think I will just go crawl under a rock because YOU said I wasn't a fan. Booooo hoooo...anyone have a hankie?

:laugh:

You only have 2 things Broncos in your sig...I have 3...you aren't a fan. :duh: Your logic sucks.

BroncsSB#3
12-04-2006, 04:50 PM
It can only help for us to make it to the playoffs. Cutler will get playoff experience. I don't want the decision to sacrifice this season to be a wasted one. I want Cutler to get all the experience he can. We can always trade up for a higher draft pick if we need to, plus we can get a good RB in the late first if thats what we want.

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Well, 15% of the voters (so far) don't want to make the playoffs.

bronco bible
12-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Of course I want the Broncos to make the playoffs!!

If we get there, we at least have a chance. Anything is possible!

Me to... :coffee:
I just read a post on this thread by Devilspawn, I agree with wholeheartedly DS :eek:

Zoneblock249
12-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Who are the idiots that voted against us making it, whats the purpose of playing then. I want them to make it and I hope they win it all. 12 teams make it and 11 go home, so even if we do lose we are no different than the team that loses in the Superbowl.

gaberox
12-05-2006, 07:58 AM
We really arent that bad of a team.We just keep shooting ourselves in the foot
(or booth feet).If we could eliminate all the stupid mistakes and make a few good throws here and there we could easily be 10-2 or better.We havent ever been blown out and weve lost 2 games in the last minute and blew a 24-7 lead against the chargers.The Rams game we lost cause of 5 turnovers and the K.C. game we were plagued by penalties and other misques.If we could just have some disipline we could still be very good.

Den21-Bal19
12-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Defo want us to make the playoffs, as has been said, once there weird things can happen.

Despite our myriad of problems, we do have 4 guys who can genuinely break a game in our favour, especially if we can keep it tight.........

1) Tatum Bell - Massive big play potential, but we need to find a Mike Anderson type to grind out the yards alongside him.

2) Javon Walker - To plagarise Keyshawn, just get him the damn ball.

3) Champ Bailey - Seems to be taking every threat to our endzone as a personal affront, all 6 of his picks have come inside our own 5.................one of these days he's going to take one all the way back.

4) Jason Elam - OK his leg may not have the range it once did, but there's very few kickers I would trust as much as Elam in a big game winning situation.

And finally, surely our luck has got to change. It's not just that the calls are going against us, it's WHEN they're going against us, ie the phantom defensive holding that wiped out a 3rd down stop. Either our luck has to change, or Shanny has to authorise bigger payments ;)

Tjuset
12-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Having voted, no and wishing for them to move up in the draftpicks I later kicked myself. Sad to say I can see the advantage in getting better draft picks and I am sorry to say that lately I can see the good reasoning behind other users arguments in that direction. :confused:
Currently I am speculating in long term plans for the team and the best way for Mr. Shanahan and the team to once again achive the wanted SB rings/Trophy.
The way for the team to achive those goals sadly go towards not achiving playoffs this year and getting good draft picks. The uncertainity in the draft and the quality on the drafted players is sadly rather like playing russian roulette , polish style,(5 bullets one empty)some of them might be blanks or misses, for the team. Even though the player is rated high in the draft does not simply meen that he will do well for the team.
But still better having the chances than having other teams running off with the best picks and then wait another year before You have a chance again.
I can see the reasons in wanting the playoffs but compared with the experience that Mr. Cutler will achive vs. the draft picks, then draft picks win everytime.
And then the little man with the pitchfork will have my soul.... I went against my own advice "support Your team at every decision" and hope for the best in the season.
If we reach playoffs then ok! I will still support the broncos, and like they say its a game anything can happen. But look at it from this side, if we win the SB then the team has serious problems, ok confidence but look at the Steelers how much did that help them?, ;)
So all in all better drop out early and be back stronger next year!
Broncos 4 ever

Breezer
12-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! LOL

JRWIZ
12-05-2006, 09:23 AM

As much as you think beating them once in season is good it is not gonna happen again, when we played them both they were not playing like they are now and frankly we are not playing like we were then.

Even if we beat PHX @ PHX and SFO @ home beating SAN @ SAN and CINCY @ Home is probably not gonna happen.

Breezer
12-05-2006, 09:23 AM
If you don't want the Broncos to go to the playoffs, you are not a real Broncos fan.

silkamilkamonic
12-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I can't understand why someone would not want to make the playoffs.

Disney doesn't write movies about the teams that are supposed to win.

watchthemiddle
12-05-2006, 09:51 AM
11 people have voted to miss the playoffs....are these rival fans???

What is wrong with some Bronco "fans"??

Can we even call them a fan??

THe draft is 5 months away. We still have 4 games left this season and are still in the hunt even after losing against Seattle. All you people wishing this season away are going to regrett it come the first Sunday the Broncos are not playing. I hate watching other teams play in the playoffs and not the Broncos. I hate when the season is over. This time of year goes fast enough without wishing it away.

As we saw last year with Pitt, anything can happen in the playoffs.

And this whole thing about getting a good draft pick, history shows that Shanahan trades out of the first round anyway so don't get your hopes up for a high to mid 1st round pick. Odds are we have a better chance at winning the playoffs then Shanahan getting and using a high first round pick 2 years in a row.

:coffee:

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 10:08 AM
i don't want broncos to make to playoff's.
i can't bear our team to blow the lead's and eventually loose in the playoff's

i have seen enough of this team..
i don't have any hopes now.

i somehow want the regular season to complete...

i am waiting for 2007 season.(esp the draft).

Shanny..please do the below :

1) Fire Larry Coyer(he thinks that we have bear defensive line men)
Always pressure with 4 linemen.
There is no passrush...

2) Fire Special Team Coach and take good punt returner.
we are screwing big time in that area and the brian clark fumble is the
best example

3) Please draft good D-line and good RB.

4) Please tell our team to play 60 minutes football.
there is no point in having the lead upto 58 minute if we loose the game
at 60th minute.

5) Please don't draft any one from Browns.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2006, 10:13 AM
i don't want broncos to make to playoff's.
i can't bear our team to blow the lead's and eventually loose in the playoff's

i have seen enough of this team..
i don't have any hopes now.

i somehow want the regular season to complete...

i am waiting for 2007 season.(esp the draft).

Shanny..please do the below :

1) Fire Larry Coyer(he thinks that we have bear defensive line men)
Always pressure with 4 linemen.
There is no passrush...

2) Fire Special Team Coach and take good punt returner.
we are screwing big time in that area and the brian clark fumble is the
best example

3) Please draft good D-line and good RB.

4) Please tell our team to play 60 minutes football.
there is no point in having the lead upto 58 minute if we loose the game
at 60th minute.

5) Please don't draft any one from Browns.

Omg.... I just want to say.... "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"....

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Omg.... I just want to say.... "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"....

You don't believe how much i like broncos....

I am really frustrated with our team right now....

Nick
12-05-2006, 10:17 AM
So far these people....

BR0NCOFANATIC, Cuda, DenBronx, emac87, go_cutler, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar, Natemania, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

want Broncos to miss playoffs?

:rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
12-05-2006, 10:21 AM
11 people have voted to miss the playoffs....are these rival fans???

What is wrong with some Bronco "fans"??

Can we even call them a fan??

So far these people....

BR0NCOFANATIC, Cuda, DenBronx, emac87, go_cutler, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar, Natemania, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

well.. I'll say this. Football and the Broncos are a sportsteam and the sport is meant for entertainment. If people are more entertained by looking forward to the draft next year.... thats certainly their right. If people would rather us lose now and get a better position to draft, because that is what they want, then thats their right. Rooting for a team/player isn't the same for every fan the same way. We all have our favorite parts of the year, and we all have our individual ways we enjoy the season.

We don't have a right to critcize anyone for them wanting something for the team THEY root for anymore than they have the right to criticize us for rooting for them the way we do.

Some people don't think a single word of criticism should be said against the Broncos because they don't feel they are real fans if they do. Others obviously don't feel that way. Both have a right to their opinion and have a right to root for their favorite team the way they want to.

DevilSpawn
12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
You know, as a Raider fan, "Just Win Baby" is tatooed into my brain. That means win every game possible no matter what. I can't even fathom the idea of NOT wanting Oakland to make the playoffs just to get higher in the draft when low picks turn out as good as high picks anyway. Rice? Brady?

Explain to me how you can root for your team to NOT make the playoffs. The fact that this question has to be asked makes me wonder what the word "fan" is.

Screw relying on the draft, which is a crap shoot anyway. What makes you think other teams won't surpass your team next year anyway. I always think that which is why I am urgent in wanting my team to win today.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 10:25 AM
well.. I'll say this. Football and the Broncos are a sportsteam and the sport is meant for entertainment. If people are more entertained by looking forward to the draft next year.... thats certainly their right. If people would rather us lose now and get a better position to draft, because that is what they want, then thats their right. Rooting for a team/player isn't the same for every fan the same way. We all have our favorite parts of the year, and we all have our individual ways we enjoy the season.

We don't have a right to critcize anyone for them wanting something for the team THEY root for anymore than they have the right to criticize us for rooting for them the way we do.

Some people don't think a single word of criticism should be said against the Broncos because they don't feel they are real fans if they do. Others obviously don't feel that way. Both have a right to their opinion and have a right to root for their favorite team the way they want to.

today morning my wife was saying in the night i was telling that the "Field Goal is no good" (the Seahawks field goal at the end of the game)..

I am really frustrated right now... i just want our season to end so that i can sleep happily...

Ravage!!!
12-05-2006, 10:26 AM
today morning my wife was saying in the night i was telling that the "Field Goal is no good" (the Seahawks field goal at the end of the game)..

I am really frustrated right now... i just want our season to end so that i can sleep happily...

then I think you take it too seriously, and think you need to move on.

Morambar
12-05-2006, 10:28 AM
why are we so far down on tie breakers if we have a better conference record?

Indy, SD, KC, Seattle and the Rams. Most of those teams have beaten everyone they've played. And we've won all our other games, including games against the Ravens and Pats; they've lost... five, I believe? Between them? Three, not counting their games against us. If we'd beaten Seattle that was potentially huge going down the line, but the only way it matters in the division now is if SD loses the rest of theirs and we win the rest of ours.

As to the question, I dunno; it depends on how literally I take it. If your question is "do you want to 1) make the playoffs or 2) get a 7-9 draft?" then my answer is "I wanna win the SB; if we can't do that I wanna draft as well as possible so we can win next year and many more thereafter. " Right now I don't think we can win three road playoff games, have a bye, and win the Big One. It's not even because of our rookie QB, though it doesn't help no rookie has ever won it all. We are beat UP, people; D-Will's been playing hurt most of the season, Tatum's still listed as "Probable-Toe" and we have three starters out for the season. And a backup; considering he's Lynchs backup and one of the starters is Fergie the decision I saw someone wondering about to play Foxy the other night makes more sense.

But take a former Conference Championship team and strip three of its starters for the year, send them through the resulting draft, and then let them play that draft talent with all those starters back and I gotta like our chances. Pears will (hopefully) be in at RT, D-Will and Foxy will have another year of game experience and the tutelage of Champ and Lynch, plus we'll have solid DEs and (hopefully) draft a solid DT so Warren isn't getting double teamed all the time. Add in a QB with five games of experience, poise, intelligence and a rocket arm, plus (hopefully) a back that can block for him and move piles on 4th and goal at the 2 and the sky's the limit.

So, no, I'm not giving up, but the goal is still the SB; anything less is just... less. But making the playoffs will also give our young players (and we've got a lot of young talent that's good enough to start on a team from last years AFC Championship) and Cutler in particular some playoff experience playing good teams on the road when it's win or go home. I'm not a naturally optimistic guy, but the only way I can be completely disappointed is if we go 10-6 (crappy draft) but DON'T make the playoffs. If we go 9-7, depending on what other teams do we could conceivably be drafting in the top 15, and that's not a bad place to be; otherwise the rookie(s) get playoff experience. If we somehow lose to SD, Cincy AND either SF and/or the Cards we could be 8-8 or even 7-9 and draft in the top ten, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 10:28 AM
You know, as a Raider fan, "Just Win Baby" is tatooed into my brain. That means win every game possible no matter what. I can't even fathom the idea of NOT wanting Oakland to make the playoffs just to get higher in the draft when low picks turn out as good as high picks anyway. Rice? Brady?

Explain to me how you can root for your team to NOT make the playoffs. The fact that this question has to be asked makes me wonder what the word "fan" is.

Screw relying on the draft, which is a crap shoot anyway. What makes you think other teams won't surpass your team next year anyway. I always think that which is why I am urgent in wanting my team to win today.

Did you see our games lately???

Denver don't know how to play the complete game..

I am not confident even if we are up by 21 points entering 4th quarter..

because someone in the team will make dumb mistake and will allow other team
to win the game.

this is happening consistently...

i am really tired now.. either you loose from the beginning or win the game..

don't blow the leads like that..as a fan..it hurts a lot.

TR3Y
12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Any team that gets in can run the table and hoist the Lombardy Trophy come February....

Look at the Steelers last season, who'd have predicted that they'd have gone from 7-5 to Super Bowl Champs....

Anything can happen....

If you voted that you want the Broncos to miss the playoffs, please by all means, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE :goofy:

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Any team that gets in can run the table and hoist the Lombardy Trophy come February....

Look at the Steelers last season, who'd have predicted that they'd have gone from 7-5 to Super Bowl Champs....

Anything can happen....

If you voted that you want the Broncos to miss the playoffs, please by all means, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE :goofy:

Steelers are different..they don't have major injuries and their QB has enough experience..

our QB is new..we have lot of injuries on our offense and defense and it very difficult to recover.

There are more chances of Cincy winning Super Bowl right now...
(with 7-5 record).

Ravage!!!
12-05-2006, 10:36 AM
As to the question, I dunno; it depends on how literally I take it. If your question is "do you want to 1) make the playoffs or 2) get a 7-9 draft?" then my answer is "I wanna win the SB; if we can't do that I wanna draft as well as possible so we can win next year and many more thereafter. "

So, no, I'm not giving up, but the goal is still the SB; anything less is just... less.

Good post Morambar. I picked these two sentences in particular. :bee:

TXBRONC
12-05-2006, 10:45 AM

If you get there you there imo. Every team has basically the same chance to get to the playoffs. Also imho, its what a team does with the circumstances it is presented with.

TXBRONC
12-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Back to EC's question, yes I want Denver to make the playoffs every year, its the ONLY way you have a chance to win the Super Bowl. Now will I be crushed if we don't? No life will go on.

silkamilkamonic
12-05-2006, 11:21 AM
So far these people....

I say we ban these fools, and send them back to Faiderville where they belong!!

If people are really going to have that negative of a perception of their beloved Broncos that they don't want to watch in a playoff game, at least look at it from a standpoint of, the experience would be invaluable to Cutler to get a playoff game.

silkamilkamonic
12-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Steelers are different..they don't have major injuries and their QB has enough experience..

our QB is new..we have lot of injuries on our offense and defense and it very difficult to recover.

There are more chances of Cincy winning Super Bowl right now...
(with 7-5 record).

Put your head down, tuck your tail between your elgs, and keep running!! Run for your life!!

:D

Ravage!!!
12-05-2006, 11:27 AM
PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO ROOT FOR THEIR TEAM HOW THEY WANT TO.

Football and the Broncos are a sportsteam and the sport is meant for entertainment. If people are more entertained by looking forward to the draft next year.... thats certainly their right. If people would rather us lose now and get a better position to draft, because that is what they want, then thats their right. Rooting for a team/player isn't the same for every fan the same way. We all have our favorite parts of the year, and we all have our individual ways we enjoy the season.

Some people don't think a single word of criticism should be said against the Broncos because they don't feel they are real fans if they do. Others obviously don't feel that way. Both have a right to their opinion and have a right to root for their favorite team the way they want to

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Put your head down, tuck your tail between your elgs, and keep running!! Run for your life!!

Good one...i like it..

this is what exactly our team is doing in the 4th quarter....

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 11:30 AM
I say we ban these fools, and send them back to Faiderville where they belong!!

If people are really going to have that negative of a perception of their beloved Broncos that they don't want to watch in a playoff game, at least look at it from a standpoint of, the experience would be invaluable to Cutler to get a playoff game.

hey fool..there is no need to call me if you don't like it...

I stated the facts...

Ravage!!!
12-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Good one...i like it..

this is what exactly our team is doing in the 4th quarter....

dude.. do you realize that the lack of offense is completely wearing out our defense? Do you realize that the defense was on teh field for over.. OVER.. 12 minutes in that fourth quarter? Do you know how that wears them out??? I can't blame our defense on our problems. Our team problems are VERY much on the offensive side of the ball.

silkamilkamonic
12-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm curious why everyone is so enamored with draft picks?

Did they not learn their lesson with Ashley Lelie, Marcus Nash, and George Foster, amongst a whole entire list of others?

silkamilkamonic
12-05-2006, 11:33 AM
hey fool..there is no need to call me if you don't like it...

I stated the facts...

No you didn't. You said the team runs in the fourth quarter.

It's only the offense that runs. Seattle had more possesions in the fourth quarter then Denver's offense ran plays?

Where was this savior in Cutler you have been so adament on letting everyone know the last few weeks?

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 11:37 AM
dude.. do you realize that the lack of offense is completely wearing out our defense? Do you realize that the defense was on teh field for over.. OVER.. 12 minutes in that fourth quarter? Do you know how that wears them out??? I can't blame our defense on our problems. Our team problems are VERY much on the offensive side of the ball.

If you notice..i didn't blame the defense alone...

As a team, we are unable to play the complete game..

We are leading 13-7..there was a chance we can put a FG/TD to keep the game away..

we just waited to see if they can score or not and it is very difficult to held oponents under 10 points..

eventually..they scored and it became 13-14..
we suddenly became panic as they are in lead...

the same thing happened in SD and Indy Game...

if u notice, both OAK & BAT games, we allowed oponents to come back..
luckily for us...Champ saved our day(their qb's are idiots to throw to champ's way).

these are facts....

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 11:41 AM
No you didn't. You said the team runs in the fourth quarter.

It's only the offense that runs. Seattle had more possesions in the fourth quarter then Denver's offense ran plays?

Where was this savior in Cutler you have been so adament on letting everyone know the last few weeks?

Just by keeping "go_cutler" as my screen name doesn't mean i support him...
for me broncos are important than the individual..

If you see my earlier comments, i was very frustrated with the way he threw the first interception( that was game changing play).

After that Seahawks believed that they are in the game..

That being said...i am still unable to understand how are team is unable to hold the leads..

Didn't you notice that???..

tell me frankly..are u comforable if we have 3 touchdowns lead against high power offense like SD, Cincy and Indy going to 4th quarter??

silkamilkamonic
12-05-2006, 11:51 AM
That being said...i am still unable to understand how are team is unable to hold the leads..

Didn't you notice that???..

tell me frankly..are u comforable if we have 3 touchdowns lead against high power offense like SD, Cincy and Indy going to 4th quarter??

We lost a lead in SD. It happens. It happens to the best of them. Powerful offenses get shutdown, strong defenses get rolled over. That's why they play the game.

As far as Seattle goes, our defense played great the whole game. They wore out at the end of the game, and that's why Seattle drove the field.

I feel I'm justified in arguing that, considering our offense was so ineffective.

You cannot leave your defense out on the field for 40+minutes, and expect them to be fresh, and control the flow at the end of the game. It just doesn't happen.

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
As much as you think beating them once in season is good it is not gonna happen again, when we played them both they were not playing like they are now and frankly we are not playing like we were then.

Even if we beat PHX @ PHX and SFO @ home beating SAN @ SAN and CINCY @ Home is probably not gonna happen.
I agree that the Broncos will be underdogs against the Chargers and Bengals.

But let me ask you what chance ANYONE gave the Titans against the Colts last weekend? Why can the Titans pull off the upset and not the Broncos?

The NFL is very fragile and things can change from week to week. Teams get hot or cold and all of sudden they are not the same team. You said yourself that the Broncos are worse than they were a few weeks back and the Patriots and Ravens are suddenly a lot better. How invincible are the Colts and Chargers if they lose a key player or 2? Do you fear the Colts if Manning got injured? Do you think the Broncos couldn’t beat the Chargers without LT.

I still say that you get to the playoffs and hope that your team gets hot. Anything can happen. 31 teams won’t win the Super Bowl this year. There is no shame in making the playoffs and losing the 2nd round.

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
You don't believe how much i like broncos....

I am really frustrated with our team right now....
But if the Broncos make the playoffs, don't you agree that they MUST be playing better. They will probably have to win 3 out of 4 to do it. I'll take my chances of being "disappointed".

Dream
12-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Since the Broncos probably aren't going to make the Super Bowl; what's the point? Being perennial playoff contenders? Of course I'd like us to win and get there, but with that pretty much being a small chance, the Broncos could stand to improve their draft position in this draft to get some impact players. I've placed the current order and our selections that we have in the General Discussions in a new thread.

The Broncos moved up four positions from last week and their pick from the Redskins moved up another slot as well. If we lose to San Diego, we could be picking in the mid-teens; which is a huge jump from two weeks ago from #27.

watchthemiddle
12-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Since the Broncos probably aren't going to make the Super Bowl; what's the point? Being perennial playoff contenders? Of course I'd like us to win and get there, but with that pretty much being a small chance, the Broncos could stand to improve their draft position in this draft to get some impact players. I've placed the current order and our selections that we have in the General Discussions in a new thread.

The Broncos moved up four positions from last week and their pick from the Redskins moved up another slot as well. If we lose to San Diego, we could be picking in the mid-teens; which is a huge jump from two weeks ago from #27.

But seriously Dream, why wouldn't you want CUtler to get some Playoff exeperience? Everyone wanted him to get experience this year, why stop in the regular season?

Also, how realistic is it for Shanahan to even keep our first round pick? History shows he trades out of the first round, so if that happens again, whats the point of getting the best draft # we can get. We might as well make the playoffs and take our chances. Maybe play a little spoiler, or who knows, pull off a PItt like last year. We have seen it before, so it can be done.

Mike1480
12-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Yes. Easy win for the Bolts.

/knock on wood

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 12:29 PM

The question is whether you want the Broncos to make the playoffs, not if you think they will.

Dream
12-05-2006, 12:32 PM
But seriously Dream, why wouldn't you want CUtler to get some Playoff exeperience? Everyone wanted him to get experience this year, why stop in the regular season?

Also, how realistic is it for Shanahan to even keep our first round pick? History shows he trades out of the first round, so if that happens again, whats the point of getting the best draft # we can get. We might as well make the playoffs and take our chances. Maybe play a little spoiler, or who knows, pull off a PItt like last year. We have seen it before, so it can be done.

I'd like to see Cutler get playoff experience, but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. If we lose to San Diego and Cincinatti, it's over. We can only lose one game from here on out, and losing to the Bengals is not an option since they're in the same position we are.

Shanahan came into power in what, 1995 or 1996? The Broncos have had a first-round pick in all but two drafts since 1995. 1995 and 2005 were the lastt two drafts where we didn't have a first-round selection. So in reality, history states that every 10 years, the Broncos don't have a first-round draft pick. :P With the Broncos taking a much more pro-active stance in the draft over the past few years, it'd be interesting to see what Shanahan could do with legitimate selections.

If Shanahan trades out of the first-round this year, he'll get great value no matter what. Where I haven't heard too much about what the Broncos are thinking about doing this year; I haven't heard that they want to trade out and away with their first completely. As of right now, that's not even on their minds. They're focused on winning. The Broncos if they want to win next year, make a run or do so in the near future; they'll need all the picks they can get. Let's face it, some of our best players are on the verge of retirement and even relatively young guys like Al Wilson and others are taking a beating.

As of right now, it's not that I really WANT them to miss the playoffs, I just don't see them making it unless they win three games out of their last four. One of those has to be against an AFC team; either the Bengals or Chargers. Those teams are hot right now so. . . we'll see.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 12:32 PM

But let me ask you what chance ANYONE gave the Titans against the Colts last weekend? Why can the Titans pull off the upset and not the Broncos?

The NFL is very fragile and things can change from week to week. Teams get hot or cold and all of sudden they are not the same team. You said yourself that the Broncos are worse than they were a few weeks back and the Patriots and Ravens are suddenly a lot better. How invincible are the Colts and Chargers if they lose a key player or 2? Do you fear the Colts if Manning got injured? Do you think the Broncos couldn’t beat the Chargers without LT.

I still say that you get to the playoffs and hope that your team gets hot. Anything can happen. 31 teams won’t win the Super Bowl this year. There is no shame in making the playoffs and losing the 2nd round.

Did you see how our team reacted knowing the Chiefs lost earlier in the Day???
Each team member should be ashamed of themselves..

If they would have showed little bit urgency, we would have won the game against SEA and would be 5th seed...

That was our best chance and we wasted the golden oppurtunity...

i am telling you right now....SD will play harder than us knowing they can eliminate us by winning..
that is how teams should play..

Show me on the field and play with passion..

Be accoutable to the fans and don't say that we tried blah..blah...

Dream
12-05-2006, 12:34 PM
The question is whether you want the Broncos to make the playoffs, not if you think they will.

It's too muddled of a question. There are no guarentees in life, so if the Broncos aren't going to get to the Super Bowl (my belief) what's the point? WTM brings up a valid question to me in regards to Cutler's playoff experience, but I think that having the opportunity to get high-end talent in the draft; boom or bust, chance or whatever is more important than just getting in to the playoffs to be laughed right back out anyways.

It's an "I do want them to, but I don't!" situation for me. So if you had a "it depends. . ." option, I'd of selected there; but you saw what I selected so now you know. :cheers:

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Did you see how our team reacted knowing the Chiefs lost earlier in the Day???
Each team member should be ashamed of themselves..

If they would have showed little bit urgency, we would have won the game against SEA and would be 5th seed...

That was our best chance and we wasted the golden oppurtunity...

i am telling you right now....SD will play harder than us knowing they can eliminate us by winning..
that is how teams should play..

Show me on the field and play with passion..

Be accoutable to the fans and don't say that we tried blah..blah...

Not sure why you quoted me on your response, but ok.

Without getting into why they lost, do you really think that Denver didn't play hard against Seattle? I think it was more the mental errors that cost them the game. I don't think it was a matter of effort. I guess they were a little rattled after the Wilson injury, but honestly I wasn't as into the game after that scare.

Nick
12-05-2006, 12:38 PM

Yes they do have a right to their opinion. The opnions of people that say they are a Bronco Fan and want the broncos to lose.

IS A DISGRACE

I think a more appropriate method of having a better draft pick is through trades.

Not the Broncos losing.

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 12:39 PM
It's too muddled of a question. There are no guarentees in life, so if the Broncos aren't going to get to the Super Bowl (my belief) what's the point? WTM brings up a valid question to me in regards to Cutler's playoff experience, but I think that having the opportunity to get high-end talent in the draft; boom or bust, chance or whatever is more important than just getting in to the playoffs to be laughed right back out anyways.

It's an "I do want them to, but I don't!" situation for me. So if you had a "it depends. . ." option, I'd of selected there; but you saw what I selected so now you know. :cheers:
Depends are for old people. I didn't want people to cop out on the answer.

Giving your circumstances I understand this is a tougher question for you. You were looking forward to this draft since last June.

Dream
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Not to mention that this draft could be legendary (and I'm not even joking) if the rush of junior talent to come in is what it's expected to be. There are several areas in this draft that are struggling for talent; but it's expected that a lot of high profile players declare; that'll make the value in this draft enormous in my opinion. When the Broncos traded away in 2005; it's because they didn't like their options. It SUCKS picking low. This draft, 2007 is by far different. If juniors declare, which almost 30-35 each year do. . . the Broncos will be in position no matter where they're at to get a good guy. However, as you've seen in the past few years the Broncos are all about value. The higher the pick, the more valuable it is. I'm all about value too.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM

I don't want broncos to make playoff's just to loose in first or second round..

If that happens, our coaches believe that we are very fine team and the same team will appear next year(larry coyer will be here, ST coach will be here,
the same d-line will be here..)

Everyone in our board said that we are on step away from Super Bowl and we are great team(after last year loss).
I think shanny believed the same way and he didn't actively involved in getting good Defensive and offensive player's.

The fact of the matter is there are so many loop holes in the team.

I want our team to loose so that shanny realize there are many loop holes and fix them in offseason..

I hope everyone understand my logic now...

Dream
12-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Giving your circumstances I understand this is a tougher question for you. You were looking forward to this draft since last June.

I'm actually so pathetic that I have an actually calander I made myself that I rip off a numeral for each day that passes.

144 days left until the draft.

I feel it. Can you? :D

Nick
12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Did you see our games lately???

Denver don't know how to play the complete game..

I am not confident even if we are up by 21 points entering 4th quarter..

because someone in the team will make dumb mistake and will allow other team
to win the game.

this is happening consistently...

i am really tired now.. either you loose from the beginning or win the game..

don't blow the leads like that..as a fan..it hurts a lot.

Did you see the Raider game? (was a raider fan your were comenting)

They allowed negative passing yards and lost the game.

There teams D has been stepping up day in and day out with no help with offense and they don't have shot in playoffs but he still wants them to win.

Why?

Because he is not a "Fair Weather fan"

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm actually so pathetic that I have an actually calander I made myself that I rip off a numeral for each day that passes.

haha. That is hilarious. I knew you had a calendar!

Lomax
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
So I guess the real question for the guys who are okay with losing for better draft picks, or losing to get Cutler experience for some possible SB run in the future:

Would you be willing to lose every game for the next 3 years for a guaranteed SB victory in the '10 season?

If SB victories are the only things that matter in football, you should be.

JRWIZ

Did they not learn their lesson with Ashley Lelie, Marcus Nash, and George Foster, amongst a whole entire list of others?

Other noteables include delta, middlebroken, toviveesi, tory james, Eric brown, reagor, mcgriff, watson, Cole, Davis, Pierce, Watts,

All wasted choices in DEN.

go_cutler
Did you see the Raider game? (was a raider fan your were comenting)

They allowed negative passing yards and lost the game.

There teams D has been stepping up day in and day out with no help with offense and they don't have shot in playoffs but he still wants them to win.

Why?

Because he is not a "Fair Weather fan"

I just posted why i don't want to go playoff's...

hope u understand it..

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM
If that happens, our coaches believe that we are very fine team and the same team will appear next year(larry coyer will be here, ST coach will be here,

Um, have you been following the Broncos the past 4 years? There are massive changes each offseason as the Broncos try to tweak the team and improve the weak areas.

I guarantee the d-line will be addressed even if the Broncos win the Super Bowl.

Dream
12-05-2006, 12:48 PM

It's a good question Silk, and since my "part-time" job deals with the draft and my favorite team is the Broncos, that's one reason. Not to mention, following the draft is one of my favorite hobbies, not to mention that the Broncos recently have taken a pro-active approach to the draft which makes my anticipate April even more. I've been counting down the days since the last draft ended. :D

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 12:50 PM
So I guess the real question for the guys who are okay with losing for better draft picks, or losing to get Cutler experience for some possible SB run in the future:

Would you be willing to lose every game for the next 3 years for a guaranteed SB victory in the '10 season?

I want to loose this season so that our coaches identify the problem with the team and fix it immediately..

It seems fans and coaches are just happy to go to playoff's..

once we exit from the playoff's, the coaches think we are better team and forget to fix the problems..

I want our team to fix the problems through FA and draft picks..

Don't you think..we would have selected good d-line if we would not have gone to playoff's last year??
i strongly believe we would have..

Nick
12-05-2006, 12:50 PM

Not to mention that this draft could be legendary (and I'm not even joking) if the rush of junior talent to come in is what it's expected to be. There are several areas in this draft that are struggling for talent; but it's expected that a lot of high profile players declare; that'll make the value in this draft enormous in my opinion. When the Broncos traded away in 2005; it's because they didn't like their options. It SUCKS picking low. This draft, 2007 is by far different. If juniors declare, which almost 30-35 each year do. . . the Broncos will be in position no matter where they're at to get a good guy. However, as you've seen in the past few years the Broncos are all about value. The higher the pick, the more valuable it is. I'm all about value too.

I am the same way with the draft. Everything is a suprise with Broncos come draft day.

I am a big time draft head. Came on here in draft forum as I watched all the rounds both days.

I have everything well planed and lined up.

Man draft day is like Chrismas!!!!!

To the Juniors this year.

I think if you are in the bottom of the first round you can get a very good WR do to BPA and the quality and depth at the position. Even though I really want to focus at another position first.

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I want to loose this season so that our coaches identify the problem with the team and fix it immediately..

It seems fans and coaches are just happy to go to playoff's..

once we exit from the playoff's, the coaches think we are better team and forget to fix the problems..

I want our team to fix the problems through FA and draft picks..

Don't you think..we would have selected good d-line if we would not have gone to playoff's last year??
i strongly believe we would have..
You are so wrong with your thought process. What makes you think the Broncos organization is happy with just getting to the playoffs?

They don't just forget to fix problems. They obviously overestimated the d-line, but it doesn't mean they forgot about it.

go_cutler
Um, have you been following the Broncos the past 4 years? There are massive changes each offseason as the Broncos try to tweak the team and improve the weak areas.

I guarantee the d-line will be addressed even if the Broncos win the Super Bowl.

I don't want D-line from Browns or Defensive Coordinator who just rushes 4 guys irrespective of the situation..

I don't want Special teams coach who just screws every game..

I don't want our coaches to think we have good Running Game since we are 5th in the league..

denver-pwns-all
what is the point of going to the playoffs if we dont go to the superbowl. we cannot make it to the superbowl. not with 3 losses in a row.

Cugel
12-05-2006, 12:56 PM

This is a good point! The question isn't about the team's record, but whether the team is rolling with a lot of momentum when the playoffs arrive.

Pittsburgh last year might have only been 11-5, but they were playing tremendous team defense and they were totally firing on all cylinders on offense too.

Plus, they had great defensive line play. That's the only way to beat Indy, to rush 4 and get in Manning's face and disrupt his rythmn. The Broncos can't do that because they have ZERO pass-rush from the DT position and only a very weak pass-rush from the DEs.

Dumervil is a nice find at DE and I hope next year that Shanahan finds someone equally good.

But the entire DL needs revamping and they need to dump both Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren and get a dominating DT who can get push up the middle. Kind of like a Vince Wilfork guy, 6'2" 325 and strong as a fork-lift.

Remember Denver DT Jumpy Geathers who played for the Broncos during the Super-bowl run back in '98? He patented the "fork-lift" where he just lifted up the offensive player and lifted him into the QB?

That's what we need!

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
You are so wrong with your thought process. What makes you think the Broncos organization is happy with just getting to the playoffs?

They don't just forget to fix problems. They obviously overestimated the d-line, but it doesn't mean they forgot about it.

How did they overestimated the D-line when even normal person can tell that we don't have good passrusher last year???

What made our coaches comfortable??

I believe that we concentrated more on offense in the offseason and forgot abt the defense..

If you remember in the PIT game last year, we allowed them to convert lot of 3rd downs..

there is big flaw the way Larry Coyer runs the defense..

I don't want shanny to excuse him and to fire immediately this offseason.

Nick
12-05-2006, 12:58 PM
what is the point of going to the playoffs if we dont go to the superbowl. we cannot make it to the superbowl. not with 3 losses in a row.

you need to go to the playoffs so you have a chance to go to the super bowl.

We won't be able to make it with an additional 3 losses in a row but with our prev. Yes we can :P

JRWIZ
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM
We lost a lead in SD. It happens. It happens to the best of them. Powerful offenses get shutdown, strong defenses get rolled over. That's why they play the game.

As far as Seattle goes, our defense played great the whole game. They wore out at the end of the game, and that's why Seattle drove the field.

I feel I'm justified in arguing that, considering our offense was so ineffective.

You cannot leave your defense out on the field for 40+minutes, and expect them to be fresh, and control the flow at the end of the game. It just doesn't happen.

Total Time Of Pos. SEA 30:31 DEN 29:29.

DEN 17: 25 . SEA 12.35 in the first half
DEN 8.45 SEA 6.15 in the third quarter

Should DEN Defense have been rested going into the 4th?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drives/NFL_20061203_SEA@DEN

We only forced one punt once in the final quarter.
Start Time Drive # of yards
Time Poss Began plays Gained Result
13:32 1:55 DEN 36 3 0 Punt
09:42 1:29 SEA 39 3 61 Touchdown
08:04 3:56 DEN 40 6 14 Field Goal
03:55 0:57 DEN 14 4 9 Field Goal
02:37 2:32 SEA 14 10 54 Field Goal

Another COYERS FOLLIES Meltdown.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2006, 01:01 PM
hard not to get tired when you are on the field over 12 minutes in the fourth quarter alone. Alllllll year long the offense can't stay on the field.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 01:02 PM

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drives/NFL_20061203_SEA@DEN

People don't understand that Larry Coyer is one of the reason the team sucks...
(ofcourse..there are many holes..that is why we are 7-5 and in 9th place)

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 01:03 PM
How did they overestimated the D-line when even normal person can tell that we don't have good passrusher last year???

What made our coaches comfortable??

I believe that we concentrated more on offense in the offseason and forgot abt the defense..

If you remember in the PIT game last year, we allowed them to convert lot of 3rd downs..

there is big flaw the way Larry Coyer runs the defense..

I don't want shanny to excuse him and to fire immediately this offseason.
Ok, so what would you have done to improve the d-line? What big free agent did we sign instead of getting a d-lineman? Remember that we don't have any cap space.

Would have rathered the Broncos draft a d-lineman in the first round instead of Cutler? If not, are you not happy with Dumervil?

The defense was a top 5 unit last year. The offense was not. So, where would you put your priorities in the offseason?

Coyer coached a defense that did pretty well last year. I understand why the Broncos kept him this year. That being said, I am not a Coyer fan and I hope he is gone after this year. But I can't blame the Broncos for keeping him for this season.

JRWIZ
12-05-2006, 01:07 PM

But knowing the seeding is on the line, I don't see SAN losing to anyone. This is a toatlly different team than last year. No longer playing Marty ball. The defense is a top unit and did not even have Merriman and castillo the last tiem we played. They have to be foaming at the mouth looking at a rookie QB this week. Cincy has an offense that I just don't see us beating with all the meltdowns this year for coyers group.

PHX and SFO both have hot QBs with good receivers and SFO gore just might put a LJ on our D.

Yes anything can happen but it is usually happens against us.

Not to hear all the faldarah form this forum

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Ok, so what would you have done to improve the d-line? What big free agent did we sign instead of getting a d-lineman? Remember that we don't have any cap space.

Would have rathered the Broncos draft a d-lineman in the first round instead of Cutler? If not, are you not happy with Dumervil?

The defense was a top 5 unit last year. The offense was not. So, where would you put your priorities in the offseason?

Coyer coached a defense that did pretty well last year. I understand why the Broncos kept him this year. That being said, I am not a Coyer fan and I hope he is gone after this year. But I can't blame the Broncos for keeping him for this season.

SEE..that is what i am saying..
you are OK with larry coyer to coach this year as he performed well last year..

I think he sucks big time and i noticed it last year...

Since we went to AFC championship game, we allowed him to come back.

Now..if we go to playoff's, i am sure Shanny will not fire him..

I want him to go...he doesn't do any adjustments especially in Second Half..

elwayfan2k
12-05-2006, 01:09 PM
BR0NCOFANATIC, Cuda, DenBronx, denver-pwns-all, Dream, emac87, go_cutler, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar, Natemania, OrangeCrushD, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

You all disgust me
Why dont you go rout for the Raiders

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 01:10 PM
But knowing the seeding is on the line, I don't see SAN losing to anyone. This is a toatlly different team than last year. No longer playing Marty ball. The defense is a top unit and did not even have Merriman and castillo the last tiem we played. They have to be foaming at the mouth looking at a rookie QB this week. Cincy has an offense that I just don't see us beating with all the meltdowns this year for coyers group.

PHX and SFO both have hot QBs with good receivers and SFO gore just might put a LJ on our D.

Yes anything can happen but it is usually happens against us.

Not to hear all the faldarah form this forum

I agree with you..
People think that defeating AZ and SAN is easy...to me those games are also tough..

Regarding SD game, I feel we have 0% chance of winning..

If we win that game, i feel that it is biggest upset of the Season..

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 01:12 PM
SEE..that is what i am saying..
you are OK with larry coyer to coach this year as he performed well last year..

I think he sucks big time and i noticed it last year...

Since we went to AFC championship game, we allowed him to come back.

Now..if we go to playoff's, i am sure Shanny will not fire him..

I want him to go...he doesn't do any adjustments especially in Second Half..

I agree about Coyer. I'm just saying it's tough to fire a d-coordinator when the defense was ranked so high last year. They went to the AFC Championship game and you want them to blow up the team. Good move.

How about the other questions that you chose not answer?

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Yes anything can happen but it is usually happens against us.[/COLOR]

Good point. Why even try.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 01:14 PM
BR0NCOFANATIC, Cuda, DenBronx, denver-pwns-all, Dream, emac87, go_cutler, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar, Natemania, OrangeCrushD, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

You all disgust me
Why dont you go rout for the Raiders

Why are u mad at us????

You should be mad at our team the way they are playing allowing all the teams to come back after having lead..

You should be mad at them the way they don't care abt the fans...
(They are not accountable to the fans.)

JRWIZ
12-05-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't want broncos to make playoff's just to loose in first or second round..

Everyone in our board said that we are on step away from Super Bowl and we are great team(after last year loss).
I think shanny believed the same way and he didn't actively involved in getting good Defensive and offensive player's.

The fact of the matter is there are so many loop holes in the team.

I want our team to loose so that shanny realize there are many loop holes and fix them in offseason..

I hope everyone understand my logic now...

I see where you are coming from. If we win out fewer management changes will be made. Fewer personnel changes will be made.

Also some would suggest that playing a third place schedule next year just might make the difference in going all the way vs getting beat out again by SAN and KC. an if OAK can find a coach to teach all that talent we might be looking at 4th in the division next year.

Until this team fixes the root cause of this franchise and that is in the trenches mostly DEFENSE it is gonna come up short every year. This is not to say that the OLine is immune from change.

Nick
12-05-2006, 01:15 PM

15 people that woudl like for us to lose

I am mostly suprised by you Dream.

I understand you a draft fanatic like me (remember you last draft)

but seriously did you click the wrong button :confused:

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 01:16 PM

Where are you going with this? How do they not care about the fans now? I really can't wait to hear this.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 01:16 PM
I see where you are coming from. If we win out fewer management changes will be made. Fewer personnel changes will be made.

Also some would suggest that playing a third place schedule next year just might make the difference in going all the way vs getting beat out again by SAN and KC. an if OAK can find a coach to teach all that talent we might be looking at 4th in the division next year.

Until this team fixes the root cause of this franchise and that is in the trenches mostly DEFENSE it is gonna come up short every year. This is not to say that the OLine is immune from change.

I am happy now..atleast you understood my point....

Javalon
12-05-2006, 01:18 PM
I have not read the entire thread so I apologize if I repeat anybody else's sentiment.

My opinion is basically: Screw the draft.... (until the season is over)

I cherish every single win by this team. Even if we officially get knocked out of playoff contention, I still want the team to try to win every single game and I don't care about how it affects our draft position. And even if the odds don't look good should we make the playoffs, I want the Broncos to give it every effort to make it there and do their best when they're there.

We've discussed in the past whether it's better to miss the playoffs or to make them and then get immediately blown out. I'm firmly of the opinion that making the playoffs is infinitely better than not making them, even if we get destroyed.

Just my :2cents:...

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 01:19 PM

If the Broncos win out, that means they win the Super Bowl. I'll be fine with whatever personnel changes if that happens.
:salute:

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Where are you going with this? How do they not care about the fans now? I really can't wait to hear this.

Never i saw coaches/player's telling the fans that they let us down.
Simple as that..

They let us down this season.

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Never i saw coaches/player's telling the fans that they let us down.
Simple as that..

They let us down this season.
Wow. Just wow.

I heard that Cutler wrote you a letter of apology regarding his interception in the 2nd quarter. You should be getting it any day now.

JRWIZ
12-05-2006, 01:23 PM
It's a good question Silk, and since my "part-time" job deals with the draft and my favorite team is the Broncos, that's one reason. Not to mention, following the draft is one of my favorite hobbies, not to mention that the Broncos recently have taken a pro-active approach to the draft which makes my anticipate April even more. I've been counting down the days since the last draft ended. :D

What do you mean? Up till now they have just placed names on a dart board?

Might have had better success that way.

elwayfan2k
12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Why are u mad at us????

You should be mad at our team the way they are playing allowing all the teams to come back after having lead..

BS if your rooting for your team to lose your not a fan.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Wow. Just wow.

I heard that Cutler wrote you a letter of apology regarding his interception in the 2nd quarter. You should be getting it any day now.

I hope it is true..atleast our postal dept will show good profits with the weekly letters we get...

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 01:36 PM
BS if your rooting for your team to lose your not a fan.

i don't know what u are thinking..
i don't clap when we throw interception/fumble the ball..

It just means that i will not be frustrated/unhappy with the loss..

Dream
12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
What do you mean? Up till now they have just placed names on a dart board?

Might have had better success that way.

Well, you know what I mean JR. Trading, puting themselves into position to get better players, etc. This last year was phenomenal. Leaving the Cutler/Jake stuff aside, getting Walker and Cutler for help now and in the future was a great move for the Broncos; not to mention we've had a decent amount of contributors to this team from the past few drafts. Now, really no Pro-Bowlers, but how many starters do we have on this team from recent drafts; or how many are making impacts in rotation?

Quite a few really; and where the Broncos have had their misses, I think you'd agree aside from the Clarett pick; the Broncos the past two years look to be getting some solid youth on the team. Even getting DJ Williams and Tatum Bell three years ago; whether or not they were the correct "picks" (hindsight is 20/20) are making an impact for this team.

In short, I think we're coming around. Hopefully our wishes will be answered this year and we'll get to see a DL or two drafted. :)

Dream
12-05-2006, 01:58 PM

If doing worse means doing better for the team in the future; I can't really argue against that. I don't think it makes me any less of a fan anyways, at this point in time I don't see us making the playoffs anyways. Just because I'm a realist, doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Nick
12-05-2006, 02:06 PM
If doing worse means doing better for the team in the future; I can't really argue against that. I don't think it makes me any less of a fan anyways, at this point in time I don't see us making the playoffs anyways. Just because I'm a realist, doesn't make me any less of a fan.

It is not that you see it or not. It is you rather the team lose 4 games then win 4 games. As far as what is better for the team...

It is also nothing to do with being a realist but not supporting your team.

Realist? the question on the thread is not do you think... it is do you want

Dream
12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
It is not that you see it or not. It is you rather the team lose 4 games then win 4 games. As far as what is better for the team...

It is also nothing to do with being a realist but not supporting your team.

I will always cheer for the Broncos to win. However, I feel like the Broncos are not Super Bowl caliber this year. The Broncos are barely playoff caliber material. They are not a team who can run deep into the playoffs. Let's face it, we're getting injuries across the board. What's Sapp make; five starters out for the year? That's hard to overcome. The Broncos have a lot of aging players as well. I'd like to see some guys get a ring; but unfortunately this year is not their year.

The Broncos if they make the playoffs, will get laughed out the door. They'll be embarassed. I think it's being realistic in stating a team with so many injuries and inconsistencies doesn't have what it takes to go all the way. Anything short of a Super Bowl win is a disappointment to any franchise. The Broncos are a team that will accept nothing less. Super Bowl or bust, and unfortunately for the team and Broncos fan faitfhul; that's not happening this year.

Sure, the Broncos can make the playoffs and give some players (especially youngsters) key experience that can't be taught. That's one of the only good things I see coming out with a playoff birth.

The Broncos can't win at home this year consistently; what makes you think they can run the table against powerhouses in the AFC? Take off the orange and blue shades, take away the faith. Can the Broncos compete with the best on the road and run the table to make it to the Super Bowl? Yeah, bring up the Steelers; but that team was totally different. They made a push at the end of the year; and we're falling apart.

We're playing for 2007. Shanahan may have said Cutler gives us a better shot to win; but there are so many holes on this team that need to be addressed. Cutler playing is good for the future; and perhaps now too. He'll gain valuable experience in a few games this year to work and build upon next season. It's not that I want the Broncos to lose, but I'd rather see them get a high draft selection than be laughed out of the playoffs for what, four years in a row now?

Making the playoffs, missing the playoffs. . . what's the difference if you don't win the Super Bowl?

You're a loser no matter what if you're not holding the Lombardi Trophy in the air in February. Just remember that.

David Stravier
12-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm probably alone when I say this but I'd rather have them miss depending on who's starting, and that's not just because I'm a Jake Plummer fan. Why bother getting eliminated by Peyton Manning in a Wildcard round again, it'd just be worse with Cutler starting, if Jake was starting, I'd say let's go for it we have a chance, just because Jake has experience in that kind of environment, Cutler is still a rookie and before all of you jump on my back saying that Jake is less-then-stellar, It's my personal opinion that all Rookie quarterbacks should sit for at least a season or two before they get their start.

Lomax
12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
You're a loser no matter what if you're not holding the Lombardi Trophy in the air in February. Just remember that.Wow. So the Broncos are a bunch of losers, and have been for 8 years and counting. Got it. Thanks for the insight. We can file this with some other useful thoughts such as:

If you don't have a 4.0 GPA you're an idiot.
If you don't make $1 million a year you're a bum.
If you aren't a perfect "10" you're a "1".

Thanks for sharing.

ECBronco
Thanks NB. That's what I was trying to say.

That is exactly why I worded the poll this way. I didn't want this to be a discussion about whether people think the Broncos will make the playoffs.

I am surprised that there are so many fans that don't want to make the playoffs because of (a) the fear of disappointment or (b) for a better draft position.

I enjoy every game the Broncos play, even if they are a big underdog. It only makes it that much sweeter when they win. My favorite game ever is the 97 Super Bowl against the Packers. No one gave the Broncos a shot.

JRWIZ
Well, you know what I mean JR. Trading, puting themselves into position to get better players, etc. This last year was phenomenal. Leaving the Cutler/Jake stuff aside, getting Walker and Cutler for help now and in the future was a great move for the Broncos; not to mention we've had a decent amount of contributors to this team from the past few drafts. Now, really no Pro-Bowlers, but how many starters do we have on this team from recent drafts; or how many are making impacts in rotation?

Quite a few really; and where the Broncos have had their misses, I think you'd agree aside from the Clarett pick; the Broncos the past two years look to be getting some solid youth on the team. Even getting DJ Williams and Tatum Bell three years ago; whether or not they were the correct "picks" (hindsight is 20/20) are making an impact for this team.

In short, I think we're coming around. Hopefully our wishes will be answered this year and we'll get to see a DL or two drafted. :)

Ok I'll buy your thoughts on this one. They have been marginally better the last two years.

I really believed that dart board comment after what they have done in years past.

Getting a Starting CB out of williams was IMHO luck no one thought at 5'8" he could be effective in the NFL actually I have grave concerns whent they put a 6'+ jumper out there that is a total mismatch.

I'm not sold on payman nor foxworth at this time.

actually the only area that mikey has been consistently good at is LB although pierce sucked.

Just beacuse they are still on the team does not make them golden as draft choices, the vast majority of this team is made up of FA's and trades, and drafted Oline guys one of which IMHO was a total waste.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm probably alone when I say this but I'd rather have them miss depending on who's starting, and that's not just because I'm a Jake Plummer fan. Why bother getting eliminated by Peyton Manning in a Wildcard round again, it'd just be worse with Cutler starting, if Jake was starting, I'd say let's go for it we have a chance, just because Jake has experience in that kind of environment, Cutler is still a rookie and before all of you jump on my back saying that Jake is less-then-stellar, It's my personal opinion that all Rookie quarterbacks should sit for at least a season or two before they get their start.

Forget abt Colts....we are unable to beat the teams that we are supposed to beat.

Imagine if we would have bet SEA...we would have been in 5th place..

There is no urgency in the team..
As rod said, it seems everyone is happy as they have Job's and don't play hard.

We got lost to SEA in our home after 10 days rest...

I have no hope in our team...This is a reality..

Please don't bring up PIT ..they played hard for Jerome..

Our team do not have any motivation and one of the most inconsistent team..

I am looking forward to next year..

If we beat SD, it will be biggest upset in recent weeks..

Nick
12-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks NB. That's what I was trying to say.

That is exactly why I worded the poll this way. I didn't want this to be a discussion about whether people think the Broncos will make the playoffs.

I am surprised that there are so many fans that don't want to make the playoffs because of (a) the fear of disappointment or (b) for a better draft position.

I enjoy every game the Broncos play, even if they are a big underdog. It only makes it that much sweeter when they win. My favorite game ever is the 97 Super Bowl against the Packers. No one gave the Broncos a shot.

In addition that when we gathered a lot of fans after that superbowl.

I still have faith in our team and we should do fine as long as our "team" as a whole plays well and wins the turnover battle.

Dream
12-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Wow. So the Broncos are a bunch of losers, and have been for 8 years and counting. Got it. Thanks for the insight. We can file this with some other useful thoughts such as:

If you don't have a 4.0 GPA you're an idiot.
If you don't make $1 million a year you're a bum.
If you aren't a perfect "10" you're a "1".

Thanks for sharing.

I don't think my statement is out of line at all. Every team want's to win the Super Bowl. If not, you failed. How is that hard to understand? If you don't win, you lose. It's pretty simple.

go_cutler
12-05-2006, 02:46 PM
In addition that when we gathered a lot of fans after that superbowl.

I still have faith in our team and we should do fine as long as our "team" as a whole plays well and wins the turnover battle.

As long our team doesn't show urgency on the field, we will not win games...

The best example is Brian Clark fumble...how many times our special teams screwed up..(remember the first game..where we went after the Kicker in STL..
it became roughing the passer penality and it allowed STL to win the game).

We should play the game as a unit, concentrate on what we are doing and minimize the mistakes..

Even though we are 7-2 at one time, i never had confidence in our team as we keep on allowing other teams to come back..

Luckily, they were not high powered offense..hence our defense was able to hold them.

the only two games which i think we did OK are PIT and NE...

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
As long our team doesn't show urgency on the field, we will not win games...

The best example is Brian Clark fumble...how many times our special teams screwed up..(remember the first game..where we went after the Kicker in STL..
it became roughing the passer penality and it allowed STL to win the game).

We should play the game as a unit, concentrate on what we are doing and minimize the mistakes..
If you are playing with a sense of urgency, you never fumble?

If you play with a sense of urgency you never get a penalty?

Tell me how this all ties together. Almost every post I've seen has been nothing but rambling.

Lomax
12-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't think my statement is out of line at all. Every team want's to win the Super Bowl. If not, you failed. How is that hard to understand? If you don't win, you lose. It's pretty simple.Let's put it in more concrete terms. When you play the game of football, you want to score a touchdown on every possession, yes? Heck, you'd like to score a TD everytime you touch the ball. If you don't score a TD, was your possession then a failure? If you get the ball on the 1 yard line, is advancing to midfield and punting a failure? Or do you say "man, there's NO way we're going to score a touchdown from here. Might as well not even try to advance it!" Most of the time, unless you're behind late in the game, just getting it out of the shadow of the goalposts is considered a success. What if you score a fieldgoal to go up by 2 scores. Is that a failure? What if you run 6 minutes off the clock with the lead. Failure?

As in the game of football, success and failure for franchises doesn't begin and end with the superbowl. Otherwise 31 head coaches would be looking for new jobs every year. I can name a few teams that have already succeeded regardless of their playoff performance. Sean Payton will probably be named Coach of the Year, whether or not the Saints win it all. No, the Broncos weren't 2-14 last year. But they have faced terrific adversity. To overcome that and make a strong playoff run would be good for the organization, for the team, and for fans. Winning and getting to the playoffs doesn't guarantee success. But losing and getting a better draft spot does guarantee failure, and nothing else.

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't think my statement is out of line at all. Every team want's to win the Super Bowl. If not, you failed. How is that hard to understand? If you don't win, you lose. It's pretty simple.
I understand your logic, I just don't agree.

If you would pick between getting the #12 pick in next year's draft or getting to the Super Bowl and losing, you would pick the higher draft pick. I would pick the Super Bowl. Even if it's a loss, I love experiencing the Super Bowl run and everything that goes with it.

Lomax
12-05-2006, 03:15 PM

If you would pick between getting the #12 pick in next year's draft or getting to the Super Bowl and losing, you would pick the higher draft pick. I would pick the Super Bowl. Even if it's a loss, I love experiencing the Super Bowl run and everything that goes with it.If anything, the trash talking we WOULDN'T have to hear from the Bolts, Chiefs, and Raiders fans for the next year would be worth a division title all by itself.

ECBronco
12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
If anything, the trash talking we WOULDN'T have to hear from the Bolts, Chiefs, and Raiders fans for the next year would be worth a division title all by itself.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Morambar
12-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Wow, you watched the game and posted the stats but still can't see what happened. Fine; happy to assist.

Yup, and I think they probably were until that debacle of a 4th quarter was played:

True, but in 3 of the 5 drives we would have literally had to FORCE one. As in go over to the sidelines, put a gun to Holmgrens head and say "I don't care if your inside our 40, you WILL punt the ball!!!"

Seattle gets the ball at 13:32 and 1:55 later we force our first punt after surrendering a grand total of ZERO (0) yards; three and out. The yardage is kinda important, since they started on our !#@$in' 36! Mainly because on 1st and 10 from our 1 we managed one (1) yd in 3 plays and got off a garbage punt; this was our second consecutive three and out.

OK, pause for the part you conveniently skipped:

11:37 1:55 DEN 21 3 4 Punt

On regaining possession we also have it for 1:55, but manage to gain four (4) whole yards more than they did before we punt following our third consecutive three and out. An unremarkable punt to their 39 (much like the two Indy TD drives that started at or beyond their 40. )

If you want to call that a defensive breakdown, fine; we can still win 20-13. So they kick to us and let's see what happens on our possession:

08:13 0:09 00 Fumble

Oh, look, we don't actually get a possession; they kick the extra point and then, nine (9) seconds afterwards our D goes back out on the field. They didn't even have time to take off their helmets.

Deciding that putting them on their 40 was still too hard we fumble the kickoff back to them at OUR 40, where the D "melts down" and surrenders fourteen (14) yds in 6 plays before forcing a FG from our 26. Still took half the remaining time, 'cos the Seahawks are killing the clock. So after the kick, call it 4:00 even off the clock (though that's generous) and let's see if our offense can do any better this time:

04:08 0:13 DEN 29 10 Interception

Well, OK, yes, this IS better; we increased our TOP by 50% to thirteen (13) seconds, and actually managed to run a play before giving the ball at our 14. I guess that means the D, who once again doesn't have time to get the gatorade bottle to their mouth before they have to go right back out on the field, will now "melt down" again right outside our endzone:

Disgraceful. Those SOBs let the Seahawks gain NINE (9) yards on FOUR (4) plays! That's over 2 yds/play! How many defenses do you know of that win games averaging 2 yds given up on each play? Most of them, you say? Hmmm, never mind then.... Without even allowing a first down, the D holds them to another FG we handed them while our D was trying to sprint to the sideline at least once before having to turn around and return. They kickoff again, so what happens:

02:58 0:21 DEN 29 1 71 Touchdown

Finally, the offense shows the first signs of life since the first quarter, immediately going 71 yards in one play for a TD. We've played roughly twelve and a half minutes in the fourth quarter, and Seattle's had the ball for ten of them. In real time, we've played about forty minutes of football, ten minutes on offense and half an hour on defense, pretty much interrupted since our last three "drives" lasted one, one and zero plays. So what happens now...?

Whatever, dude. Our offense dropped the ball. Literally. And repeatedly. The Steel Curtain couldn't save that game. Personally, I do think we played a little too much prevent there at the end, but Seattle doesn't even have the chance to drive down for a game winning FG without a lot of help from our offense, our special teams and even the refs. You can't drop this all on the D or even its coordinator.

12and4
12-05-2006, 07:42 PM
the only reason you do drafts is to go to playoffs. So why sacrifice playoffs for draft? MAKES NO SENSE.

Morambar
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM

15 people that woudl like for us to lose

And elwayfan2k please do the same: the choices are "make the playoffs" or "miss the playoffs and draft better. " I want to win a Super Bowl, but that's not one of the choices, perhaps a Freudian Slip, but here we are. If those are my choices, I want a better draft, because I want to win the Super Bowl, and if we can't do that this year my second choice is to do it next year. This is the NFL, and I really don't care how much ad time we sell in January.

katykylekyanna
12-05-2006, 07:59 PM
When we were 7 and 2 no one was saying that infact we were as high as second in the power rankings. This year we lost close games and last year we won those close games. playcalling is to blame, period. We lost maybe the best play caller in the nfl and all mike could come up with was rick denison. please. So to say we suck is stupid, we have a good defense that likes to quit in the forth quater and our oc sucks. running game is non existent in the second half and mike is so dammmmmmmmmm conservitive its scary. if he would just open it up we could easily be winning by double digits. reality is we could and still can but with the same play calling wont. Even if we have a better qb now it wont matter if we still have the same play caller.

Morambar
12-05-2006, 08:03 PM

If you would pick between getting the #12 pick in next year's draft or getting to the Super Bowl and losing, you would pick the higher draft pick. I would pick the Super Bowl. Even if it's a loss, I love experiencing the Super Bowl run and everything that goes with it.

Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Warren Moon, Steve McNair and, let's not forget, Craig Morton agree with you. "Gee, Steve, you had a completed pass to the one as time expired and lost the SB by 7 points; I bet that felt GREAT!!!" "Gee, Craig, you're the only man in history to be the starting QB in a SB loss for BOTH conferences; I bet you're so proud of that ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!" "Wow, Scott, missing that kick made you the loser of the closest SB ever; you must feel so HONORED!!!"

Lemme tell ya something, one fan to another, as someone who watched the Oilers make the playoffs seven years in a row and never win more than a wildcard game (can thank Mr. Elway for two of those, Mr. Complete a pass to FG range on 4th and 18.... ;)) It sucks donkeys. The Hunt Trophy is nice; so's the Halas Trophy. In terms of name, I have more respect for either than Vince "Losers get frostbite" Lombardi. But at the end of the year, you're holding the Lombardi Trophy or you lost, just like Dream said. It doesn't really matter if you lost in December, January or August. You lost. To paraphrase my father, if you're playing for anything else, you're just playing; these other guys are serious.

Lomax
12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
And elwayfan2k please do the same: the choices are "make the playoffs" or "miss the playoffs and draft better. " I want to win a Super Bowl, but that's not one of the choices, perhaps a Freudian Slip, but here we are. If those are my choices, I want a better draft, because I want to win the Super Bowl, and if we can't do that this year my second choice is to do it next year. This is the NFL, and I really don't care how much ad time we sell in January.Interesting analysis. Sounds like you're saying Low Draft Pick = Superbowl. I didn't know that's how it worked. I thought you have to win games to make it to the SB. Is that not the case?

The other question is, if you win now, doesn't that make your team more attractive to future free agent prospects? Doesn't it also improve your team's morale, which in turn improves your ability to re-sign them and negotiate more affordable contracts? How much more will you have to pay good players to come to Denver to join a losing team?

12and4
12-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Dont talk luck to us you freaking charger........ that is all.

ClaptonFloyd
12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
the playoffs would be nice just to give Cutler some good experience, but a high draft pick would be very nice too.

ECBronco
12-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Warren Moon, Steve McNair and, let's not forget, Craig Morton agree with you. "Gee, Steve, you had a completed pass to the one as time expired and lost the SB by 7 points; I bet that felt GREAT!!!" "Gee, Craig, you're the only man in history to be the starting QB in a SB loss for BOTH conferences; I bet you're so proud of that ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!" "Wow, Scott, missing that kick made you the loser of the closest SB ever; you must feel so HONORED!!!"

Lemme tell ya something, one fan to another, as someone who watched the Oilers make the playoffs seven years in a row and never win more than a wildcard game (can thank Mr. Elway for two of those, Mr. Complete a pass to FG range on 4th and 18.... ;)) It sucks donkeys. The Hunt Trophy is nice; so's the Halas Trophy. In terms of name, I have more respect for either than Vince "Losers get frostbite" Lombardi. But at the end of the year, you're holding the Lombardi Trophy or you lost, just like Dream said. It doesn't really matter if you lost in December, January or August. You lost. To paraphrase my father, if you're playing for anything else, you're just playing; these other guys are serious.
OK. "Lemme" ask you something. Do you really think those that you mention (Marino, Kelly, McNair) are ASHAMED of losing in the Super Bowl? Do you really think if they were given a choice between playing in the Super Bowl or never having that experience that they would choose not to make it because they lost? Get real.

As a comparison, let’s say that you are marathon runner. You train for hours each week for 4 months and the day comes when you run your 26.2 mile race. You give it your all and guess what….you don’t finish in first place. Not even close. In fact you finish well over an hour behind the Kenyan that won the race. So now are you a loser? Will your family come over to you after the race and ask, "Why did you even bother to run the race Loser?" I wouldn’t say so. People would respect your accomplishment and all the training that you put into it.

I remember those Oiler teams well. The run and shoot. The House of Pain. They played their butts off and gave it everything they had. They provided years of excited to their fans and football fans in general. Do those memories mean nothing to you?

“Lemme” tell you something fan to fan. If the only thing that makes you happy is winning Super Bowls and nothing else matters, you are never having fun watching your teams. It sounds like you are very jaded fan that really needs to reevaluate why you follow sports in general.

ORANGE&BLUETRUE
12-06-2006, 10:50 AM
The season is still very alive right now for the Bronc's and us fans. Heck even if we don't make the playoff's, I'm still very excited to watch the rest of the season and watch Cutler develop and see what the team can do. Anything is possible, and I think we still have a shot to make the playoffs.
:salute:

Morambar
12-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Interesting analysis. Sounds like you're saying Low Draft Pick = Superbowl. I didn't know that's how it worked. I thought you have to win games to make it to the SB. Is that not the case?

The other question is, if you win now, doesn't that make your team more attractive to future free agent prospects? Doesn't it also improve your team's morale, which in turn improves your ability to re-sign them and negotiate more affordable contracts? How much more will you have to pay good players to come to Denver to join a losing team?

But it certainly helps. There's this thing called a "salary cap; " you're not going to sign free agent Super Bowl team, and even if you do you won't keep them. Look at the 90s Cowboys; how did they win all those SBs? By going 3-13 and then 1-15, and getting the top picks two years in a row. One of those yielded Troy Aikman while the '89 pick was traded away. The Cowboys made another trade in '89: they're ONLY Pro Bowler to the Vikings for some defensive linemen and more draft picks (they got Russel Maryland #1 overall the following year. ) I'm sure there were people then saying, "But we wanna win NOW; how can you trade the best guy on the team for DRAFT PICKS?!!!" But three Super Bowls later no one was complaining.

And I don't think anyone is going to do like Elway did the Colts and say "naw, Shanny's only had two seasons in fifteen years coaching Denver, but one of them was a 7-9 season last year... pass. " Yes, you have to win games to win the big one, but with a hit and miss offense and a number of key starters nursing ACL tears I don' think this team will do it this year. If they can, great; more power to them, but I don't want to go the playoffs just to lose. I'd rather improve my chances of having a dynasty, and you do that with draft picks, not free agents.

crazycombo
12-09-2006, 08:28 PM
the playoffs would be nice just to give Cutler some good experience, but a high draft pick would be very nice too.

You know there is something really wrong.

Why should we settle for less.

I want Cutler out. Plummer win and lets make the playoffs.

Use cutler next year.

Morambar
12-09-2006, 08:37 PM
My mistake....

OK. "Lemme" ask you something. Do you really think those that you mention (Marino, Kelly, McNair) are ASHAMED of losing in the Super Bowl? Do you really think if they were given a choice between playing in the Super Bowl or never having that experience that they would choose not to make it because they lost? Get real.

Ashamed? No, I never said that. Satisfied? Of course not. I'm sure Meredith is very happy to have had the chance to go to the first two SBs, but not as happy as he would have been if he would have been with a win. Surely you're not suggesting that making the playoffs is the GOAL rather than a means to an end...?

As a comparison, let’s say that you are marathon runner. You train for hours each week for 4 months and the day comes when you run your 26.2 mile race. You give it your all and guess what….you don’t finish in first place. Not even close. In fact you finish well over an hour behind the Kenyan that won the race. So now are you a loser? Will your family come over to you after the race and ask, "Why did you even bother to run the race Loser?" I wouldn’t say so. People would respect your accomplishment and all the training that you put into it.

Well, great; in that case I guess there's 32 teams out there you can love equally. I mean, the Raiders have only won two games, but they should manage to finish the season. "Yea, we played all sixteen games! Sure, we lost fourteen, but who cares about that?"

I remember those Oiler teams well. The run and shoot. The House of Pain. They played their butts off and gave it everything they had. They provided years of excited to their fans and football fans in general. Do those memories mean nothing to you?

On the contrary, they mean a great deal. Part of what they mean is that I watched my team spend a decade leaving it all on the field with little to show for it at the end. Not even an AFC Championship Ring; at least Jim Kelly has four of those. I watched Warren Moon get run over more times than I can count because Bud Adams is a moron who refused to draft a tackle and drafted some horrible guards (though he did get Bruce Matthews, too. ) At the end of the day he had a hefty pay check and the ability to know from his hips when the weather would change a day and a half before the forecasters. It's not enough, and while I'll always cherish the memories, I don't ever want to see a team I like go through that again.

“Lemme” tell you something fan to fan. If the only thing that makes you happy is winning Super Bowls and nothing else matters, you are never having fun watching your teams. It sounds like you are very jaded fan that really needs to reevaluate why you follow sports in general.

I really don't follow sports, I follow professional football and, to a lesser extent, womens tennis (and not entirely for the same reasons.... ) In both cases a big part of it is watching people I like and respect prove they're the best at their chosen work of art. But it's nice to know if I ever start a business selling giant foam fingers with "We're #2!" or even "We're #28!" I'll have a market.... ;)

crazycombo
12-09-2006, 08:41 PM
My mistake....

Ashamed? No, I never said that. Satisfied? Of course not. I'm sure Meredith is very happy to have had the chance to go to the first two SBs, but not as happy as he would have been if he would have been with a win. Surely you're not suggesting that making the playoffs is the GOAL rather than a means to an end...?

Well, great; in that case I guess there's 32 teams out there you can love equally. I mean, the Raiders have only won two games, but they should manage to finish the season. "Yea, we played all sixteen games! Sure, we lost fourteen, but who cares about that?"

On the contrary, they mean a great deal. Part of what they mean is that I watched my team spend a decade leaving it all on the field with little to show for it at the end. Not even an AFC Championship Ring; at least Jim Kelly has four of those. I watched Warren Moon get run over more times than I can count because Bud Adams is a moron who refused to draft a tackle and drafted some horrible guards (though he did get Bruce Matthews, too. ) At the end of the day he had a hefty pay check and the ability to know from his hips when the weather would change a day and a half before the forecasters. It's not enough, and while I'll always cherish the memories, I don't ever want to see a team I like go through that again.

I really don't follow sports, I follow professional football and, to a lesser extent, womens tennis (and not entirely for the same reasons.... ) In both cases a big part of it is watching people I like and respect prove they're the best at their chosen work of art. But it's nice to know if I ever start a business selling giant foam fingers with "We're #2!" or even "We're #28!" I'll have a market.... ;)

Ok this is a very long post.:

plummer4presdnt
12-09-2006, 10:24 PM

this aint like oakland or detroit with the #1 pick on the line, and since Pittsburgh last year, anything's possible

HidEmu
12-09-2006, 10:40 PM
yes you want to make the playoffs, winning a playoff game is a pretty big boost to team. Missing the playoffs after going to the afc championship game would be a huge disappointment.

JRWIZ
12-10-2006, 12:38 AM
My mistake....

Good couple of posts I'll have to owe you a cp.

Lomax
12-10-2006, 10:08 AM
But it certainly helps. There's this thing called a "salary cap; " you're not going to sign free agent Super Bowl team, and even if you do you won't keep them. Look at the 90s Cowboys; how did they win all those SBs? By going 3-13 and then 1-15, and getting the top picks two years in a row. One of those yielded Troy Aikman while the '89 pick was traded away. The Cowboys made another trade in '89: they're ONLY Pro Bowler to the Vikings for some defensive linemen and more draft picks (they got Russel Maryland #1 overall the following year. ) I'm sure there were people then saying, "But we wanna win NOW; how can you trade the best guy on the team for DRAFT PICKS?!!!" But three Super Bowls later no one was complaining.

And I don't think anyone is going to do like Elway did the Colts and say "naw, Shanny's only had two seasons in fifteen years coaching Denver, but one of them was a 7-9 season last year... pass. " Yes, you have to win games to win the big one, but with a hit and miss offense and a number of key starters nursing ACL tears I don' think this team will do it this year. If they can, great; more power to them, but I don't want to go the playoffs just to lose. I'd rather improve my chances of having a dynasty, and you do that with draft picks, not free agents.Didn't the Cowboys win in '93 and '94 pre-salary cap? How are you going to use that team as an example of salary cap limitations? My point really is just common sense. Players will find your team more attractive and negotiate better salaries, both when acquiring new talent, and with keeping the talent you have, if you're winning. You're better able to get players to renegotiate their contracts to keep your best talent if the team morale is high, which is usually most associated with winning (see Dallas' success with TO). New England doesn't get high draft picks every year, but every draft they find gem after gem, and they sign veterans to REALLY low paying contracts because they have a legacy of being winners. I'd rather follow that model than the model of some teams that can't string winning seasons together and always seems to get low picks in the draft. I said this before. Getting low picks guarantees nothing, and it increases your chances of getting an overpriced, extremely average (or worse) player because you're paying top 10 money to a guy who's never proven himself at the pro level.

RunYouOver
12-10-2006, 10:09 AM
YES.

Give Cutler some playoff experience!

crazycombo
12-10-2006, 10:29 AM
YES.

Give Cutler some playoff experience!

He don't need playoff experience, he needs preseason experience.

Besides the playoff, we won't make it there.

broncophan
12-10-2006, 10:33 AM
He don't need playoff experience, he needs preseason experience.

Besides the playoff, we won't make it there.

Well said.....unfortunately any chance we had for the playoffs were gone when we switched qb's...........nothing against Cutler......NO EXPERIENCED QB=NO PLAYOFFS

Nick
12-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Does every one still feel the same way :rolleyes:

ECBronco
12-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Does every one still feel the same way :rolleyes:

I was just about to ask the same thing....

ECBronco
12-27-2006, 06:16 PM
My mistake....

Wow. I never knew you responded. You contradict yourself so many times from your earlier posts, I don't even know where to start...so I won't.

"I really don't follow sports." Classic.

javon84walker#1
12-27-2006, 06:51 PM
are you kidding me...that question should'nt even be asked..of course the broncos should make the playoffs...we need to get some playoff expierence for cutler for next year...

and besides that when playoffs start its a whole new diffrent ballgame...any team thats in the playoffs has a very good chance of winning the superbowl

LABRONCO
12-27-2006, 06:52 PM

hell yeah i want the broncos in the playoffs.. :rockon:

Anikai
12-27-2006, 06:54 PM
whoever said theyd rather loose and get a better draft pick is a moron.....no way if thats how u feel then go be a chiefs fan....

ECBronco
12-27-2006, 06:59 PM
are you kidding me...that question should'nt even be asked..of course the broncos should make the playoffs...we need to get some playoff expierence for cutler for next year...

and besides that when playoffs start its a whole new diffrent ballgame...any team thats in the playoffs has a very good chance of winning the superbowl
I posed the question a few weeks back because I was surprised by how many posters wanted the Broncos to miss the playoffs.

I think it was a pretty revealing poll.

DBroncs3
12-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Of Course u wanna see them make the playoffs!!! if u want them to lose and gain a couple spots then u arent a broncos fan! cuz every year we are looking to make the superbowl!! LETS GO BRONCOS!!

Mtdonkeyfan
12-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Any vote to miss the playoffs is just idiotic in my opinion. No fan should ever want to have their team miss the playoffs. :confused:

carman
12-27-2006, 11:03 PM
I think thats whats it about. We always play hard and give it the best everytime out.The playoffs are THE NEXT STEP...Then who knows what can happen???? Go Broncos to that next step.... :rockon:

rogue719
12-28-2006, 04:58 AM
Silly boy! You can't go to the Big Dance if you don't make the playoffs.

Even if we don't make it all the way to the Super Bowl, the playoff exposure is good for the rooks

Nick
12-28-2006, 08:55 AM
BR0NCOFANATIC, Broncomanjrd, ChopBlockBronco, Cuda,
David Stravier, DenBronx, denver-pwns-all, Dream, emac87,
go_cutler, JHoward, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar,
Natemania, OrangeCrushD, PatsCrowEater, SadTheBroncos,
silverbronco, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

out of these following people that did not want the broncos to go to the playoffs this one is the best.

Pats... we all know you do not want to see Broncos in the playoffs :laugh:

tbronc30
12-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Do you guys remeber who beat us last year and took our SB trophy.... Yup a 6th seed. I don't care about draft picks we have our guys. Let's win now!!

TN Cutler Fan
12-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Of course I want us to go to the playoffs! What better time to get there than now. Our rookies are stepping up and the whole team seems to be coming together. I sense a newfound energy in our team and just maybe that will take us all the way to the SB!

TheWookieeBronco
12-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't understand why some people that ARE Broncos fans voted for not making the playoffs. We want our team to do well becuase you never know what can happen in the playoffs if we make them. Outstanding that some fans would want the team to not do well :eek: and i don't care about a better draft position, we usually pick the wrong guys anyway (apart from this year). If we make the playoffs i think we can go all the way if every single player gets their head down and does what needs to be done and also if the coaching staff makes the right decisions.

GO BRONCOS!

JvDub95
12-28-2006, 11:40 AM
anybody who is a bronco fan and doesn't want them to make the playoffs aren't fans, thier trolls (charger fans)

Breezer
12-28-2006, 11:49 AM
I posed the question a few weeks back because I was surprised by how many posters wanted the Broncos to miss the playoffs.

I think it was a pretty revealing poll.

If your goal is to win draft picks why even try to win? Might as well lose them all to get the number one pick. What a dumb question.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
12-29-2006, 02:41 AM
The Following ppl are Wack:

BR0NCOFANATIC, Broncomanjrd, ChopBlockBronco, Cuda, David Stravier, DenBronx, denver-pwns-all, Dream, emac87, go_cutler, JHoward, Juggernaught, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar, Natemania, OrangeCrushD, PatsCrowEater, SadTheBroncos, silverbronco, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

How on earth can u be a Bronco fan and want us to miss the playoffs!
WOW! thats just Flat out Retarded!
who cares about Draft Picks!
i want a Superbowl Victory!

do u think the Steelers wanted to miss the playoffs last year??

once again u ppl made me LMAO^^

i can see y Pats fan wants us to miss the playoffs cuz he doesnt want us to PWN them again!

newayz: my answer is i want to make the playoffs! :salute:

MileHighStud
12-29-2006, 03:04 AM
The Following ppl are Wack:

BR0NCOFANATIC, Broncomanjrd, ChopBlockBronco, Cuda, David Stravier, DenBronx, denver-pwns-all, Dream, emac87, go_cutler, JHoward, Juggernaught, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar, Natemania, OrangeCrushD, PatsCrowEater, SadTheBroncos, silverbronco, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

How on earth can u be a Bronco fan and want us to miss the playoffs!
WOW! thats just Flat out Retarded!
who cares about Draft Picks!
i want a Superbowl Victory!

do u think the Steelers wanted to miss the playoffs last year??

once again u ppl made me LMAO^^

i can see y Pats fan wants us to miss the playoffs cuz he doesnt want us to PWN them again!

newayz: my answer is i want to make the playoffs! :salute:
....................... :salute:

BroncoKazuki
12-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Well this questing is really old, this came off of what we didnt know what Cutler was gonna do. Re ask that question and I bet almost all of them except patscroweater will want us to make the playoffs.

Inkana7
12-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Playoffs, for two reasons.

One is that it would provide Jay with much experience, which is pretty much the only thing he lacks. Going against a Belichick defense would be good for him, no matter how bad or well he fares against it.

My second reason is that it really dosent matter where our initial draft pick is, Shanny finds ways to get what he wants. We had the 29th pick last year, remember? Yet we were able to jump to the 15th and eventully the 11th to nail The Kid.

bjoli198
12-30-2006, 01:33 AM
only the Raiders aim for the no1 overall pick every year :D

Nick
12-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Well this questing is really old, this came off of what we didnt know what Cutler was gonna do. Re ask that question and I bet almost all of them except patscroweater will want us to make the playoffs.

I guess they are fair weather fans then huh :rolleyes:

slr777
12-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Yes we want to make the playoffs.

Good experiance for Cutler, brandon, tony etc.

redneckrocker
12-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Who doesn't want to see them make the playoffs?! That's a teams goal every year! The fact that we need to beat San Fran to get in makes me pretty confident we'll make the playoffs anyway so this question is kinda useless anyway. Plus I want to see how Cutler can handle the playoffs.

Go BRONCS! :salute:

TDavisFan30
12-31-2006, 07:32 AM
if our team is good enough to get in the playoffs. I beleve we can compete in it. We have a pretty good chance. I mean we might just get by. but we can do it. You know there are always big time screw ups in the playoffs. soo they may help us. an I dont think we have to worry about indy maken it any where b/c they always seem to choke when they do make the play offs.