PDA

View Full Version : Griese to Broncos again??



Judrock
03-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Brian Griese is a free agent and he does know the Broncos offense. I think we would have won two more games last year if he was the QB instead of KanellKanell think about it would it be worth it? Hmmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

TxBroncoFan
03-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Oh come on Jud...

There is no way on God's green earth that Greise will ever be allowed back in Denver unless it's on the visitor's sideline.

The players hate him, the fans hate him, his dog hates him, people in funeral processions hate him....

Get that wacked-ass idea outta your head brother....

TxBroncoFan
03-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Tahuya...put the pipe down my man.

Greise couldn't even win the starting job in Miami over Feidler!AND he was injured yet AGAIN! The kid is cursed, inconsistent at his best and has the people skills of a herpes-infested hooker!

10-6 my arse...

theshiverman
03-03-2004, 01:23 PM
The guy has no heart, we dont need him bringing the team down again. id stay with danny or maybe even jackson before id go back to that guy......if you have too, go get a proven starter like jeff blake or vinny testaverde to back jake up.....but for gods sake, please no more griese!!

TXBRONC
03-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Judrock
Brian Griese is a free agent and he does know the Broncos offense. I think we would have won two more games last year if he was the QB instead of KanellKanell think about it would it be worth it? Hmmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

A snowball has better chance of surviving in hell than Griese coming back to Denver.

broncosbeast
03-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Judrock
Brian Griese is a free agent and he does know the Broncos offense. I think we would have won two more games last year if he was the QB instead of KanellKanell think about it would it be worth it? Hmmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

Someone needs to stop eating the paste in art class.

orangenblue420
03-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by tahuya man
The Broncos would have finished better that 10-6 if Griese was still there.

He would have to be insane to come back to Denver and take all the crap that would go with it.

I think he'd rather go to KC and have a chance at beating the Broncos.

tahuna can - are you saying griese is a decent football player???? Come on man, the dude has NO heart - he will suck where ever he goes because of that - he rode his daddy's jock strap into the NFL and is desperatly clinging to it but sooner or later it will end and he will be BYE BYE - he's a fucin loser!!!!

mattos
03-03-2004, 01:51 PM
well we are already paying him, so we could at least use him for a tackling dummy or a water boy.
honestly though, he wouldn't be a bad 2nd string for the price - free if we just left things as they were.
but i know he'll never come back.

ozzy_osbourne
03-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
tahuna can - are you saying griese is a decent football player???? Come on man, the dude has NO heart - he will suck where ever he goes because of that - he rode his daddy's jock strap into the NFL and is desperatly clinging to it but sooner or later it will end and he will be BYE BYE - he's a fucin loser!!!!

he does have heart he just can not tell the difference between personal and professional life, you can not combine both and that maybe his problem...

DBfan187
03-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
tahuna can - are you saying griese is a decent football player???? Come on man, the dude has NO heart - he will suck where ever he goes because of that - he rode his daddy's jock strap into the NFL and is desperatly clinging to it but sooner or later it will end and he will be BYE BYE - he's a fucin loser!!!!

^I love the way this LADY replies! It's like: (Begin sarcastic remarks)-PAUSE-(continue)-PAUSE......

I've always liked Greise, I just think he needs a team with a great pass blocking O-LINE for him to be efficient?

rascal
03-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DBfan187
^I love the way this guy replies! It's like: (Begin sarcastic remarks)-PAUSE-(continue)-PAUSE......

I've always liked Greise, I just think he needs a team with a great pass blocking O-LINE for him to be efficient?

I'm sure SHE will appreciate your compliment.

DBfan187
03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
I edited!

Thanks for telling me that, I don't want to be bashed for not knowing. Thank You!:D

orangenblue420
03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DBfan187
^I love the way this guy replies! It's like: (Begin sarcastic remarks)-PAUSE-(continue)-PAUSE......

I've always liked Greise, I just think he needs a team with a great pass blocking O-LINE for him to be efficient?

Why thank you I (her/she/female) do appreciate it - Im glad my sarcasm comes through so well with the written word - it can be tough sometimes :D


And our O line was what?????????

Please the only O line that Griese would do good behind would be one that consisted of a brick wall, barbed wire, guards with AK 47's and a gang of patriot missles

DBfan187
03-03-2004, 02:07 PM
I just think that he'll do good behind an O-LINE that is great for pass blocking, ie RAMS, maybe chiefs?(NOT)

ozzy_osbourne
03-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by tahuya man
I'm saying that he has proven in the past to be a very decent player. You can't deny that.

He got to the NFL by the same means any of them got there. Through their own merit.

Sooner or later, every player goes "bye-bye".

Losers don't make it to the NFL and become starting QBs.

he got to the NFL by name alone...

BlueDamsel
03-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by orangenblue420

Please the only O line that Griese would do good behind would be one that consisted of a brick wall, barbed wire, guards with AK 47's and a gang of patriot missles

So you're saying that he should play for the faiders? LOL Oh wait, no that's their stadium/fans, not their o-line...

Mahmoud Abdul
03-03-2004, 02:39 PM
UMMMM No. This would be a terrible idea, unless he was willing to take on the role of waterboy or something similar.

orangenblue420
03-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Mahmoud Abdul
UMMMM No. This would be a terrible idea, unless he was willing to take on the role of waterboy or something similar.

Waterboy is too good - how bout jock strap cleaner

RebelSyxx
03-03-2004, 03:08 PM
We got rid of Brian Griese for a reason, NOBODY LIKED HIM. Although I do think he has alot of talent somewhere inside him, we wont sign him as long as Shanahan name is still next the Head Coach slot. I dont think Beuerlein is done yet, and there's a few other options out there.

Judrock
03-03-2004, 03:21 PM
I was a Griese backer and the reason he left was that he didn't really have a damn thing to work with during the year all the receivers got hurt. I still remember him leading the Broncos to a win against the Raiders with a separated shoulder and he won alot of games with a supporting cast I think Shanny would love to have him back up Jake because buerlien has won 1 damn game with the broncos against the piss poor cardinals Griese may choke but he knows the offense people he would be my choice for minimum salary.

RebelSyxx
03-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Yea I remember that game where Brian seperated his shoulder and Gus frerotte went in and got injured. Instead of making the Broncos stuck with Jarious Jackson for 2 quarters, he went in the game and got a huge response. Gave me goosebumps, but where did that intensity go afterward? He lost it. It would be nice to have Brian back, but I think hell get a starting job somewhere.

DPg2003
03-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by RebelSyxx
I dont think Beuerlein is done yet, and there's a few other options out there.

I think Buerlein has all but retired, but I haven't heard anymore about it. I think if they don't sign a young free agent QB they will draft one.

O&B_Forever
03-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Greise couldn't even win the starting job in Miami over Feidler!AND he was injured yet AGAIN! The kid is cursed, inconsistent at his best and has the people skills of a herpes-infested hooker

I have to agree with Tahuya Man as much as it pains me. Griese is a pocket QB, and got sacked a ton the year before. Our sack total on Jake dropped like 20 or so. Why, we'll the players didn't respect him is one, I'm sure of it. However, the other reason is that he's a pocket QB and our Oline is great for mobile QB's but when you stick a pocket QB in, those small fries get engulfed by the very large men on the other side. The same thing happend in Miami this year. You let Griese get some time and he'll pick a defense apart, but if you get pressure he'll crack, just like Bledsoe. I think he'd be a good fit with that hugh Oline the Chiefs have personally, and now that we're rid of him, I hope he has a great year somewhere else. Right up until Pryce comes and squashes him that is:D

jmo724
03-03-2004, 09:32 PM
They wont touch Griese with a ten foot pole.

Elway
03-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Naahh. let griese opt for early retirement ala Ryan Leaf. He had his shot and blew it, I'd rather see Steve B. comeback and be the #2 guy for another year.

Duke_of_Death
03-04-2004, 01:12 AM
More than anything, I'd like to see him go to the Jets!!!

Not because it's a good fit, but because I have Football card from his rookie year that is a mis-print! Says right on the front "Brian Griese - Jets WR" :0

The irony of the situation would be the only way my little novelty will have any value now!

kenoyripsit28
03-04-2004, 03:09 AM
He sure can pick a defense apart, it may have been the chargers but when that o-line in miami gave him some time WOW! 20-29 192, 3TD's and 0 INT's............teams who have a pocket o-line will be insane to pass him up.

dr0p
03-04-2004, 04:26 AM
Yeah I think he is a pocket qb. Thats why he wasnt any good for us......

Judrock
03-04-2004, 12:36 PM
We Need a good backup how about kordell then if Griese ain't da one??

NOLABroncofan
03-04-2004, 12:40 PM
All personal feelings aside, I think Griese would be valuable as a back up. He's familiar with the system and some what young. I think a lot would depend on what kind of salary he'd want to make. Just my thoughts...

Nuff said...

broncos4ever
03-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Judrock
I was a Griese backer and the reason he left was that he didn't really have a damn thing to work with during the year all the receivers got hurt. I still remember him leading the Broncos to a win against the Raiders with a separated shoulder and he won alot of games with a supporting cast I think Shanny would love to have him back up Jake because buerlien has won 1 damn game with the broncos against the piss poor cardinals Griese may choke but he knows the offense people he would be my choice for minimum salary.

Actually Griese was run out of town because he had "no heart", he critisized his teammates (which most of them are still on the team), could not control his "alcohol" problem, inconsistency with the football plays, and most of all when we needed a leader he would not step up to the challenge.

We do not need him back here and I would think the "captains" of the Broncos would not want him back here as a second or a third string quarterback.

I for one would rather have Beurline, or Kanell then Brian Griese because of the things I mentioned in the paragraphs above.

Sometimes a person wears out his welcome and Brian did just that.

TXBRONC
03-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Got that right. Griese alienated his teammates and didn't show much in the way of heart it wouldn't work imho.

Judrock
03-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Listen all personal things aside, I would have lost heart too if all my weapons were gone. Try winning a gunfight with a gun and no bullets. Griese was bratty but Istill remeber what he did to the raiders when he went there and the Broncos beat them. I remeber Beurlien coming into the game that griese was lame in and just about got Shannon,Ed, Ashley and Rod killed. Oh how fans forget. Griese would be a hell of a lot better backup than Kanell hell all Kanell won last year was hmmmm I forgot he didn't win nothing. Beurlein won the pittsburgh game oh no bettus fumble won the game. Griese is betta than any of the backups we have now. We need one of them now griese for minimum salary would be a good pick up.:fight:

broncos4ever
03-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Judrock
Listen all personal things aside, I would have lost heart too if all my weapons were gone. Try winning a gunfight with a gun and no bullets. Griese was bratty but Istill remeber what he did to the raiders when he went there and the Broncos beat them. I remeber Beurlien coming into the game that griese was lame in and just about got Shannon,Ed, Ashley and Rod killed. Oh how fans forget. Griese would be a hell of a lot better backup than Kanell hell all Kanell won last year was hmmmm I forgot he didn't win nothing. Beurlein won the pittsburgh game oh no bettus fumble won the game. Griese is betta than any of the backups we have now. We need one of them now griese for minimum salary would be a good pick up.:fight:

With his limited skills maybe. But the people of Denver will not accept him back. The Broncos team would have reservations of accepting him back. He made his bed, now he has to lay in it.

quarterback1426
03-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Judrock
Brian Griese is a free agent and he does know the Broncos offense. I think we would have won two more games last year if he was the QB instead of KanellKanell think about it would it be worth it? Hmmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

Brian Griese may have played with Denver, but judging by his preformance, he does NOT know the Denver offense. Not only that, but Denver coaches do not want him back here. He was un-popular with his teammates, and the worst scrambler ever! :cheeky:

TXBRONC
03-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Yeah and his bed wouldn't be a bed of rose pedals either.:D

TXBRONC
03-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by quarterback1426
Brian Griese may have played with Denver, but judging by his preformance, he does NOT know the Denver offense. Not only that, but Denver coaches do not want him back here. He was un-popular with his teammates, and the worst scrambler ever! :cheeky:

I don't it was that he didn't know the offense, in fact there was comment a few years ago that the only one who knew the offense better was Shanahan himself. I believe it had more to do with his execution.

quarterback1426
03-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by kenoyripsit28
He sure can pick a defense apart, it may have been the chargers but when that o-line in miami gave him some time WOW! 20-29 192, 3TD's and 0 INT's............teams who have a pocket o-line will be insane to pass him up.

If he was so good, then why didn't he start when Fiedler came back? With time, he can throw fairly good, but as soon as something in the play goes wrong, he falls apart. That's one of the many reason's Denver doesn't want him.

Mount-n-Groan
03-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Aren't we still paying for Griese? As far as cap is concerned? Is there some way that we can pick him back up and then cut him and get rid of his financial liability?

2 Minute Warning
03-04-2004, 05:47 PM
WHO?!? In the right mind would want him back?!? Haven't we been through enough already!!

Judrock
03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
I can see Denver getting Couch if available but no more of beurlein please he has won 2 games out of 12 since being in denver let him retire pleaseI know for a fact greeeezeee was better than him!!!

Almost Heaven
03-08-2004, 04:53 PM
If Griese would help resolve the 7 mill. we owe him than i say sign him as a backup. We could do alot with that extra money!

Almost Heaven
03-08-2004, 05:02 PM
By making an agreement to give him a job in exchange for some of the money we still owe him. I don't know if he'd do that or not but i'd just like to see us get out of paying him all that money!

Almost Heaven
03-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Well the only thing that i was thinking about was the cap figure, besides i don't know who else would want him. The only use to us would be to agree to subtract some of the money we owe him and that he knows the system alright.

mikeyrow
03-08-2004, 06:06 PM
The interview with Bowlen on the Broncos site asked him about the Griese as a backup:

"I guess thereís always a chance for that. I felt Brian was a good quarterback, not necessarily a great quarterback, but a good quarterback. I would imagine at this point in time Brian is looking for a starting role. Itís tough to say whether or not heíd be interested in a backup role. I donít know. Would he fit here as a backup quarterback? I donít know that either. There are a lot of question marks surrounding that. How would that be received by the fans? I donít know. Letís just say this: I think Brian would make a good backup quarterback for this organization and for a lot of organizations. "

Sounds like a long shot. Not ruled out

Almost Heaven
03-08-2004, 06:09 PM
If we would sign him, could we negotiate his old salary down. I know it prob.won't happen, i just would like to see us have more FA money to work with since we're so close to greatness.

broncos_chick
03-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
All personal feelings aside, I think Griese would be valuable as a back up. He's familiar with the system and some what young. I think a lot would depend on what kind of salary he'd want to make. Just my thoughts...

Nuff said...

But would he accept a backup position, having been the starter? That's always been a concern of mine. I don't know what goes on in Griese's head, but a lot of athletes who were starters at one time or another would consider it too much of a come-down to be a backup.

Almost Heaven
03-08-2004, 07:37 PM
He better get used to it cause he couldn't beat out Feebs in Miami. And he's one of the worst starters in the leauge.

quarterback1426
03-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Almost Heaven
He better get used to it cause he couldn't beat out Feebs in Miami. And he's one of the worst starters in the leauge.

Technically, he is one of the best backups, not the worst starter. He wasn't good enough to start :duh:

rcsodak
03-08-2004, 08:55 PM
I cannot seriously believe you guys are serious about him coming back! He got run out of town with a posse hot on his trail. Every columnist, fan, announcer, player hated this guy and his 'don't give a *****' attitude. I would bet a weeks wage that he will NOT be back in a denver uniform(NFL, that is:D )

kenoyripsit28
03-09-2004, 02:52 AM
Griese lost out to fiedler cause they did not give him chance. They replaced Griese at the first sign of trouble biggest mistake they ever made.And it showed with fiedler throwing the game against NE away.It cost them a playoff spot

TXBRONC
03-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Judrock
I can see Denver getting Couch if available but no more of beurlein please he has won 2 games out of 12 since being in denver let him retire pleaseI know for a fact greeeezeee was better than him!!!

Honestly I don't see the Broncos getting Couch, because of cost. Beuerlein had to be talked into coming back one season and even though he didn't preform all that well, his understanding of the offense still helped Jake's progress.

Judrock
03-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Who will back up JAKE???

quarterback1426
03-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Judrock
Who will back up JAKE???

I hope Kannell comes back in if Jake gets hurt. Although he didn't win, he did perform well. Look at his Minnesota game, he almost brought us back from a loss..

TXBRONC
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Keeping Kanell imho would be better than keeping JJ. Kanell did beat out Jackson for the third string qb spot and that was without the benefit of four years in system. If Kanell is given the opportunity to learn the entire offense I have no doubt he would better in the long run than Jackson would be.

quarterback1426
03-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TXBRONC
Keeping Kanell imho would be better than keeping JJ. Kanell did beat out Jackson for the third string qb spot and that was without the benefit of four years in system. If Kanell is given the opportunity to learn the entire offense I have no doubt he would better in the long run than Jackson would be.

I think, regaurdless of his winless career, Kanell is a great back up. He performed great in the Vikings game, and if we weren't so far in the whole, we could have won.