PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 16 2006 Bengals vs Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Elway
12-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Well here we are Week 16, in a season of ups and downs, with a major game this week. It is a position we put ourselves in after a 4 game skid. Our win last weeks puts us in better shape to control our destiny, but we are not there yet.

Good luck to the Broncos, may they prevail in the winter wonderland of mile high. It would be a great X-mas gift for the fans.

As always we expect members to follow the COC, both here and in the CHAT ROOM. Mod will be present and suspensions will be made. So left make sure we are all on the nice list this week.

Happy Holiday! :salute:

DawgFanatic
12-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Beat the Bungles !!!!!!!!

tnedator
12-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Beat the Bungles !!!!!!!!

Yes, beat the hated Bengals!!

JoRo
12-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Woot I made it :D

WhoDey gonna smoke them Bengals? BRONCOS? :D

Nick7
12-23-2006, 10:32 PM
I are very nervous.

AlWilsonizKING
12-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Cutler vs. Palmer

Champ vs. Chad

Bronc's vs. Bungles

What could be better on a X-mas Eve?

PEACE!!!

Elway
12-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Real question is how will we handle Who's-your-mama & thier # 3 receiver.

Nick7
12-23-2006, 10:56 PM

with Foxy!

CinnaMunMun
12-23-2006, 11:08 PM

We could cross our fingers and hope they get arrested right before the game :laugh:

Seriously, the best way to cover them: Get pressure on Palmer. Its gonna be tough, but hopefully that OT of theirs is out.

Elway
12-23-2006, 11:37 PM
with Foxy!

Hope so. Otherwise Chris Henry can have a big day.

I'mhoping our Oline can give Cutler enough time to hit his plays and open some good running lanes for us. :cheers:

12and4
12-23-2006, 11:41 PM
prediction.... Jay Cutler 3 td's 1 rushing 326 yds 1 int... 1 sack..

Chad Johnson is gonna get "injured" in first half. a splinter...

tnedator
12-23-2006, 11:44 PM
with Foxy!

Maybe the number three guy. It was reported earlier than Williams would be back starting opposite Champ.

eaglebronco
12-24-2006, 12:39 AM
I have to watch the game with the in laws tomorrow. Tofu and a 15 inch TV.

Anyway, If I don't make it back from hell just know I am proud of you Broncos!

BigBroncLove
12-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Good luck Broncos! I'll actually be at the game tomorrow, so I won't be able to contribute to the sea of posts on the game day thread as has become my new second passtime during Bronco games. GO BRONCOS! I'll be cheering ya on from behind one of the Bronco benches!

:beer: :salute: :thumb: :salute: :beer:

stilton88
12-24-2006, 03:35 AM
prediction.... Jay Cutler 3 td's 1 rushing 326 yds 1 int... 1 sack..

Chad Johnson is gonna get "injured" in first half. a splinter...

jay 2 touchdowns (walker, smith) 250-300 yards :rockon:
t.bell 2 rushing touchdowns 100-150 :rockon:

palmer 2 touchdowns

champ will get 2 intercepctions and 1 intercepction touchdown :rockon:

stilton88
12-24-2006, 03:42 AM
make your prediction here and see how everyone else think the game is going to go

stilton88
12-24-2006, 03:43 AM
denver to win by 10+

jay 2 touchdowns (walker, smith) 250-300 yards :rockon:
t.bell 2 rushing touchdowns 100-150 :rockon:

palmer 2 touchdowns

champ will get 2 intercepctions and 1 intercepction touchdown :rockon:

Elway
12-24-2006, 04:40 AM
merged with the official thread. :coffee:

McFlorida
12-24-2006, 04:41 AM
Jay Cutler throws 3 TDs, two to walker

Bell gets one too

We squeak into the playoffs, but loose in first round

Elway
12-24-2006, 04:49 AM
I am not worried about Jay or his stats, it is the defense I want to see step it up. The same D that dominated the first month of the season, not the mid season slumping D that couldn't hold leads vs the Colts and Chargers at home.

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Good morning all! Merry Christmas Eve! The kids are ready for tomorrow morning, Santa Claus is coming!

And today I'm ready to see if the Broncos are a playoff team. I'm like Elway, I know the offense has the firepower, but it's the defense and special teams that usually kills the momentum. Last time Champ got severely burnt by CJ so I hope Champ's on his game but then there's the other good receivers out there, so whoever covers them will need to be on their game. To sum it up, if the Broncos can't tackle the run game and cover the receivers, it'll be a long game, which that is my predication. Good Luck Broncos and prove me wrong!

McFlorida
12-24-2006, 05:52 AM
BECUASE WE NEED CUTLER TO GET SOME PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE....

i'm sure we will lose in the first round, but that fine with me, since jay needs to get a bit of the hebee jeebee out of the system for next year when we can win the whole thing, our team is still very much a contenter next year and the defense could use some more experience by staying focused with more experience....

This is not our year folks, admit it, Mike S made the mistake by not playing cutler soon enough and our defense has some more refinments to make :coffee:

I love them, but next year is better for everybody

I pick the chargers against the bears, and the NFC wins it all

Emancipator
12-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Let's go Broncos.
This should be a good game.

This is a must win to keep playoff hopes alive.

Go Broncos.

Happy Christmas Eve to those who celebrate Christmas.

biglenny
12-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Let's go Broncos.
This should be a good game.

This is a must win to keep playoff hopes alive.

Go Broncos.

Happy Christmas Eve to those who celebrate Christmas.

Emancipator

Merry Christmas Brother !!!! :cheers:

biglenny
12-24-2006, 06:46 AM
Hey everybody how the heck are we today!!!!!!!! :cheers:

biglenny
12-24-2006, 06:47 AM
I am not worried about Jay or his stats, it is the defense I want to see step it up. The same D that dominated the first month of the season, not the mid season slumping D that couldn't hold leads vs the Colts and Chargers at home.

I dont have any Idea what happen to that D but I sure hope the fist shows up today and not the slumpD

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Merry Christmas, biglenny to you and your family! How's Utah! The kids miss living there. Looks like you'll have a white Christmas at least, here in NoDak just snow melted into ice!

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 06:53 AM
I'm watching NFL Matchup on ESPN. They just went over the Bengals v Broncos, and the QB's. They showed Palmer keeping his mechanics when under duress in the pocket-and completing the pass.

They then showed the pass last week, the awesome Cutler to Walker pass. Jaws pointed out that even though Cutler bootlegged out, Cutler could ovbiously see the safety coming to belt him. He says "See how Cutler turns his hips, keeps this mechanics under duress, and launches this ball 65 yards down field..."

Then he says "Perhaps the best pass I've seen all season. Absolutly amazing."

Meril Hoge says,seeing Cutlers progression during these past fews weeks has been amazing. He is well on his way. :D

biglenny
12-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Yea buddy cold as you know where here ! Utahs alright except for the fact that its ileagle to be an adult here :cheers: and merry christmas to you and yours sir :cheers:

Emancipator
12-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Hello biglenny and everyone.

I'm want the offense led by Jay, the defense, the special teams, and the coaches to step it up a notch or two and get this win.

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Good morning, E and biglenny!!

Merry Christmas! :cheers:

biglenny
12-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Hello biglenny and everyone.

I'm want the offense led by Jay, the defense, the special teams, and the coaches to step it up a notch or two and get this win.

wonder how many times we're going to hear the santa claus Indiana thing today?

Emancipator
12-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Merry Christmas to you BFI.

I'm so glad today is the day you will be having that baby.

If not today then I hope it is on the 26th.

biglenny
12-24-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey Merry Christmas BFI and lil Bean!!!!! :cheers:

Emancipator
12-24-2006, 06:59 AM
I want to see a large dose of TATUM BELL today! :salute:

biglenny
12-24-2006, 07:01 AM
yes bring on the tatter and a side of BM with a hint of TS :salute:

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Merry Christmas to you BFI.

I'm so glad today is the day you will be having that baby.

If not today then I hope it is on the 26th.
As long as I go into labor after the game today, all will be good! :laugh:

biglenny
12-24-2006, 07:05 AM

LOL they have tvs in the rooms :D

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 07:08 AM
LOL they have tvs in the rooms :D
Oh, I know! It's just that we have this big screen TV, and its SO much better than on a little hospital TV.
As long as they give me my epidural, all will be good! :cheers:

Emancipator
12-24-2006, 07:09 AM
Take one for the team and have the lil bean. Kirstin will sure to bring Broncos some happiness.

biglenny
12-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Oh, I know! It's just that we have this big screen TV, and its SO much better than on a little hospital TV.
As long as they give me my epidural, all will be good! :cheers:

when Mrs. biglenny was haveing our youngest my mom asked if we were going to video tape the birth and I kept thinking about the jeff foxworthy quote "to me it looks like a wet st. bernard trying to come in therw the cat door" LMAO :cheers:

champbronc2
12-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Lets win this thing!!! :rockon:

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 07:18 AM
Take one for the team and have the lil bean. Kirstin will sure to bring Broncos some happiness.
Believe me, I've been talking extensivly to Kristin about popping out very soon. So far she is not listening to me.
Guess I better get used to that, huh?:cross:

OH! And feel free to make another guess, E! :cheers:

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 07:23 AM
when Mrs. biglenny was haveing our youngest my mom asked if we were going to video tape the birth and I kept thinking about the jeff foxworthy quote "to me it looks like a wet st. bernard trying to come in therw the cat door" LMAO :cheers:
:laugh: That's too funny! I love Jeff Foxworthy!
When hubby and I got married a few years ago, we had decided (actually it was my idea) to have our rehersal dinner at Hooters. Everyone had a great time there! But I remember in his movie about him talking about going to Hooters for a rehersal dinner....
Thats when I knew I was a redneck! :laugh:

biglenny
12-24-2006, 07:27 AM
:laugh: That's too funny! I love Jeff Foxworthy!
When hubby and I got married a few years ago, we had decided (actually it was my idea) to have our rehersal dinner at Hooters. Everyone had a great time there! But I remember in his movie about him talking about going to Hooters for a rehersal dinner....
Thats when I knew I was a redneck! :laugh:

yea I love being a redneck lol :beer:

Jaws
12-24-2006, 07:31 AM
BFI, Biglenny and co, a happy holidays to you all and may our Broncos make it happier still by delivering a big W over the Bungles :D

biglenny
12-24-2006, 07:33 AM
BFI, Biglenny and co, a happy holidays to you all and may our Broncos make it happier still by delivering a big W over the Bungles :D

Merry christmas to you Jawsy nice to see ya :cheers:

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 07:52 AM
I gotta remember to wear the AFC West championship t-shirt I wore last weekend. We won when I had that shirt on. I have been wearing my Al Wilson jersey...and we lose....gotta remember to wear that t-shirt :brick:
:cheers:

biglenny
12-24-2006, 07:53 AM
I gotta remember to wear the AFC West championship t-shirt I wore last weekend. We won when I had that shirt on. I have been wearing my Al Wilson jersey...and we lose....gotta remember to wear that t-shirt :brick:
:cheers:

and burn that jersey :rockon:

bronco30
12-24-2006, 08:09 AM
merry x-mas big lenny n to all the rest of the bronco fans....hope santa is good to you all....n heres to a big bronco win :beer:

broncophan
12-24-2006, 08:11 AM
merry christmas all....and enjoy the game today.....go broncos............

Snk16
12-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Snk16 reporting for duty. :beer:

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all the fans of football out there.

Walker84
12-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Lets Go broncos Your fate is in your own hands now.

biglenny
12-24-2006, 08:38 AM
merry x-mas big lenny n to all the rest of the bronco fans....hope santa is good to you all....n heres to a big bronco win :beer:

Merry Christmas to you to buddy :cheers:

The Executioner
12-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Execution time for Crooks Bengals!

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Oooh!:huh: Champ Bailey to be on Sunday Countdown! :beer:

RunYouOver
12-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Ahhhh...Gameday!!!

I've been out for the past 24 hours....any new news about the game/the broncos that I should know?

TheFuture6
12-24-2006, 09:58 AM
why jay cutler will lead us to the playoffs and champ bailey's art of the interception coming up on sunday nfl countdown. tune in guys. have a good one today

Snk16
12-24-2006, 10:04 AM
This Champ Bailey segment is awesome. :beer:

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Bengals v Broncos preview on CBS now....

lots and lots of snow! :eek:

Oh...that was it. pshaw!

biglenny
12-24-2006, 10:13 AM

And what Jaws said about cuttler this is going to be a Bronco day :cheers:

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 10:15 AM
I like what Lynch had to say about Champ:
About Leinart saying on the news that you have to throw to Champs side...you just cant avoid the guy...we have good WR....and Lynch saying he just smiled. They threw to his side of the field...and got INT'd twice! :laugh:

And Rod Smith saying he's one the best football players he's ever played with...and he knows, since he also played with John Elway...

And how QB's get cocky, thinking they can throw over to his side, cause they have good WR...and Champ will get them every time! :beer:

And Jaws thinks Cutler can lead denver to a SB, because he brings that vertical threat previously missing in our offense...and they showed that throw to Javon last week.

And Irvin said "You do realize that was against Arizona don't you?" :hammer:

Jaws saying, "So what? It was 65 yards and right into his hands. Who cares who its against?" haha!

biglenny
12-24-2006, 10:18 AM
I like what Lynch had to say about Champ:
About Leinart saying on the news that you have to throw to Champs side...you just cant avoid the guy...we have good WR....and Lynch saying he just smiled. They threw to his side of the field...and got INT'd twice! :laugh:

And Rod Smith saying he's one the best football players he's ever played with...and he knows, since he also played with John Elway...

And how QB's get cocky, thinking they can throw over to his side, cause they have good WR...and Champ will get them every time! :beer:

And Jaws thinks Cutler can lead denver to a SB, because he brings that vertical threat previously missing in our offense...and they showed that throw to Javon last week.

And Irvin said "You do realize that was against Arizona don't you?" :hammer:

Jaws saying, "So what? It was 65 yards and right into his hands. Who cares who its against?" haha!

If you lookup knuckelhead in the dictionary they have Irvins picture right next to it :rockon:

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Shannon Sharpe cracks me up! :laugh:

tnedator
12-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Shannon Sharpe cracks me up! :laugh:

For some reason (which I haven't checked out yet), my Tivo didn't record the ESPN or CBS pregame shows. Normally, Tivo records them, and if the Broncos are playing late, I fast forward through eah of the pregame shows to watch the Broncos' coverage.

Anything interesting today?

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Champ is playing against Johnson who made him look silly two years ago. And Palmer isn't Leinhart. I do hope Champ comes in with a chip on his shoulder and the secondary steps it up a few notches, because the air attack is coming. Or maybe the pass rush will step in and take away the air arsenal.

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 11:16 AM
For some reason (which I haven't checked out yet), my Tivo didn't record the ESPN or CBS pregame shows. Normally, Tivo records them, and if the Broncos are playing late, I fast forward through eah of the pregame shows to watch the Broncos' coverage.

Anything interesting today?
They were talking about a massive fan walk out today during the first half of the Lions game in protest to Matt Millen. They were showing fans from last year..and the camera goes back to studio, and there's Shannon with a paper bag, eyes and mouth cut out with block letters on top saying "Unknown Tight End," and him saying he doesnt blame the fans at all, and the bag is suffocating, kinda like Millen is to the Lions! :laugh:

Then they asked him which was the biggest press conference melt down: Miss USA or Dennis Green, and they show both. The camera goes back to studio, and Shannon had put massive eye drops in his eyes, so it looked like he was crying. He says, "Donald, why oh why Donald. We knew what she was, and we let her off the hook! We had our chance!!!"
Marino and Co. were cracking up!

Jags/NE. Who do we want to win? NE?

bronco30
12-24-2006, 11:25 AM
the texans score again 14-0 over indy...

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Ron Dayne having his way with the Colts! Good for him!

tnedator
12-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Yep. Seems like a lot of RBs have their way with the Colts. If Mike Bell got the same production against all the other teams like he did against the Colts, he likely would have been a 2,000 yard rusher this season.

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 11:40 AM
This NE/JAX game is BORING! :yawn:

I'd love it if Texans could win vs. Indy!

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Yep. Seems like a lot of RBs have their way with the Colts. If Mike Bell got the same production against all the other teams like he did against the Colts, he likely would have been a 2,000 yard rusher this season.

Very true!..........

AZ Snake Fan
12-24-2006, 11:43 AM
--- :fight:

--- GO BRONCOS !!! ---

--- :fight: --- :fight: --- :fight: ---

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 11:43 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzz! Did you say something! Yes my sons want to watch this game but my eyelids are having a hard time! Also I would like Indy to get homefield rather than SD because that's how much I dislike Marty S.

tnedator
12-24-2006, 11:46 AM
--- :fight:

--- GO BRONCOS !!! ---

--- :fight: --- :fight: --- :fight: ---

I love the little fighting crab/lobster guy, at least it looks like a fighting crab/lobster to me :)

tnedator
12-24-2006, 11:47 AM

LOL, just got a bit more exciting. Jones Drew just scored a TD on what looked like a dead play. Have to see another replay to see what happened.

tnedator
12-24-2006, 11:50 AM
LOL, just got a bit more exciting. Jones Drew just scored a TD on what looked like a dead play. Have to see another replay to see what happened.

Wow, he bumped into his own teammate (linemen it looked like), fell to the ground and rolled over a NE DL guy went to touch him and make sure he was down, but he popped up before the NE guys tapped him on the shoulder. He then runs 65 yards for a TD.

Most of the NE defense thought the play was over when he fell to the ground near the line of scrimmage.

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 11:50 AM
hmm....I wonder if this stands...

It does! TD Jacksonville!

Elway
12-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Like the Tom Petty song says, "The waiting is the hardest part"

Not nervous about todays game for a change, I think I spent all the energy with the rest of the season and the holidays. If we win great, if notwe had an interesting season to say the least. Not that I won't be rooting for us every snap of the ball :)

REMEMBER: FOLLOW THE COC , Don't be banned for x-mas :fight:

CinnaMunMun
hmm....I wonder if this stands...

It does! TD Jacksonville!

Fudge....C'mon NE!!!

Nomad Broncofan
Does anyone know when Jones-Drew was drafted (what order)

tnedator
12-24-2006, 11:52 AM
REMEMBER: FOLLOW THE COC , Don't be banned for x-mas :fight:

Hmmm, a Broncomania banning, the gift that keeps on giving (at least for 3, 7 or indefinate days :))

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Fudge....C'mon NE!!!
Hey Cinny. Hows the chat room doing?

tnedator
12-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know when Jones-Drew was drafted (what order)

2nd round, 60th overall.

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 11:55 AM
2nd round, 60th overall.

Thanks! Could we have drafted him if we wanted too! I would look it up myself but where are you getting the info

tnedator
12-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks! Could we have drafted him if we wanted too! I would look it up myself but where are you getting the info

We drafted Scheffler 1 pick later, and used our earlier second round pick for Javon Walker. So, the only way we could have drafted him was to not trade for Walker, or to make a trade and move up from our 61st pick to an earlier pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/team/DEN

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm happy with Walker :D

Though Jones-Drew looks really impressive...

Morambar
12-24-2006, 12:06 PM

I'd feel so much better about today if we still had that guy helping out Pears and grinding the Been-Gals D into the turf. Must... control... clock....

But even though I live in Austin it's been an island of Titans coverage in a sea of Texans all year 'cos of Young. Really hacks me off; the Oilers are dead to me because of Bud Adams, but Houston has a team again, with Kubiak coaching and Dayne running (plus Putz!) and I can't see 'em. :fight:

BroncFanIN
12-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Feel bad for the Umpire in this game. He got beaned in the side of the head with the football. Fell like a ton of bricks. He left the game :ugh:

tnedator
12-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Feel bad for the Umpire in this game. He got beaned in the side of the head with the football. Fell like a ton of bricks. He left the game :ugh:

Wasn't that the same umpire that got barrelled over earlier this year. I think it was in a Bronco game, but it could have been another game I was watching.

The ump was back peddling to avoid a player and the player either backed into him or ran into him and sent him tumbling backwards, heels over head.

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 12:18 PM
We drafted Scheffler 1 pick later, and used our earlier second round pick for Javon Walker. So, the only way we could have drafted him was to not trade for Walker, or to make a trade and move up from our 61st pick to an earlier pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/team/DEN

Again, thanks! I like the Walker deal also and Scheffler. I was just curious to see where he came in at.

tnedator
12-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Wasn't that the same umpire that got barrelled over earlier this year. I think it was in a Bronco game, but it could have been another game I was watching.

The ump was back peddling to avoid a player and the player either backed into him or ran into him and sent him tumbling backwards, heels over head.

Ok, I had to check this out, as I was sure I watched this ump get run over. I backed up Tivo and got his name and googled it. It wasn't this year, it was last year during the Bronco Redskin game that Garth Defelice (umpire) was banged up.

Two months after NFL umpire Garth DeFelice gave us first-person insight into what it's like to be a game official standing amid all the on-field turmoil (TSN, August 5), he became a star of highlight reels in Week 5.

DeFelice, who was working the Redskins-Broncos game, got trampled during a fourth quarter run and was tossed backward, hitting his head on the wet grass of Invesco Field at Mile High. The result: a mild concussion, a really sore neck and, later, lots of concerned calls from friends who saw replays on television.

But he missed just three plays. "You've got to get a better shot than that to keep me out," he says, laughing.

DeFelice, positioned in the middle of the field, just behind the defensive line, saw the running play coming toward him and stepped back to avoid the pack. It was a mistake.

"I should have stepped forward," he says. "All I could do was brace for the hit. I thought they would bounce off me." But someone stepped on his shoe--it came off--and he lost his balance and fell backward. Then the pack landed on him and turned him over. He lay in a daze. "I started taking inventory, and everything seemed OK," he says. "But they wouldn't let me up. Finally (referee) Pete Morelli told me to leave."

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_43_229/ai_n15756951

tnedator
12-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Again, thanks! I like the Walker deal also and Scheffler. I was just curious to see where he came in at.

He would be nice to have in our backfield, thats for sure.

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 12:23 PM
1 hr 51 min to go.

The Executioner
12-24-2006, 01:08 PM
I need Cutler and Scheffler both to do great today, I start them in my Championship FF!

Jaws
12-24-2006, 01:15 PM
I need Cutler and Scheffler both to do great today, I start them in my Championship FF!

I hope they have a fab day for us all :beer:

Right now I'm shouting for Ladell Betts and Marc Bulger to give me a good headstart in my own championship final. My opponent has LT, so I need to build up a BIG lead.

Morambar
12-24-2006, 01:16 PM
'Cos that'll probably be in addition to Javon, Rod and Marshall. Our line and there's are both in such flux though, and our #2 CB as well, in addition to their pass D, I'm on pins and needles for a game we BOTH MUST win. One hour to go....

GO BRONCOS!!!

codbra
12-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Cutler vs. Palmer

Champ vs. Chad

Bronc's vs. Bungles

What could be better on a X-mas Eve?

PEACE!!!

A Co's Victory!

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 01:37 PM
39 minutes to go until game time! The family's ready! Well except the little one she's ready for a nap.

BTW, did 62olinesdad make it to Denver, anyone know!

Den21-Bal19
12-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Hopefully this will end up being the first Christmas present, it should be Christmas Day over here by the time the game finishes :D

Any news on inactives?

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 01:44 PM
I guess Marty S is wetting his pants now. He has a chance to clinch homefield advantage. Will his team choke or does his team break the curse! I hope he loses! Sorry for my distaste for mart, too bad LT is on his team because the way he plays he deserves a chance at the SB ring

Morambar
12-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Dayne had 153 yards; anyone think we don't beat the Colts if he was still here? Good job, Kubiak and Dayne, I miss ya'll, but if you can't be on my team at least you're on my second favorite team. Pats up by 10 with 4:30 left. Now we just have to take care of business at our house.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Well BFI! The PATS/JAGS game has become a pretty good one.

Thundergirl
12-24-2006, 01:59 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/Shra21/Broncos%20Stuff/BroncoCheerleader.gif
GO BRONCOS!!

Watson 81
12-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Lets go Broncos

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 02:03 PM
WOW! :eek: Chicago going down to the wire with another less than mediocre team two weeks in a row.

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 02:12 PM
It's BRONCOTIME! I know alot of fans are with family but let's hope for a good game from the Broncos! GO BRONCOS! :cheers: :salute: :fight:

Elway
12-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Almost Kick off! Remember FOLLOW THE COC and watch out for making Duplicate threads!

Nick7
12-24-2006, 02:14 PM
If we lose, would beat SF and NYJ losing to MIA put us in the playoffs?

The Executioner
12-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Game time! :beer:

Nice return!

Morambar
12-24-2006, 02:17 PM
You're very kind. The wind in Buffalo was deemed too strong for a 45 yd FG on 4th and 5, Losman is intercepted and the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs: Titans 30, Bills 29. Steelers are also done, playing for draft picks. It's down to us, Cincy, the Jags, the Jets and KC. After our game the Jags are all but eliminated unless we tie. The weird thing is we win today and lose next week, then the Chiefs and Bengals win their last one, we could miss the playoffs and the Bengals go with the same record as us, because in a three way tie between us, Cincy and KC the first thing that happens is we're eliminated because of the division record. Win, win, Broncos!!!

Nick7
Anyone else unhappy with having games on holidays?

Nomad Broncofan
I guess Marty S is wetting his pants now. He has a chance to clinch homefield advantage. Will his team choke or does his team break the curse! I hope he loses! Sorry for my distaste for mart, too bad LT is on his team because the way he plays he deserves a chance at the SB ring

I guess marty already wet his pants because they have homefield. :sad:

The Executioner
Ohh crap!!!!! :hammer:

BroncosZBlitz
12-24-2006, 02:18 PM
What the hell just happened?

Morambar
12-24-2006, 02:19 PM
If we lose, would beat SF and NYJ losing to MIA put us in the playoffs?

We'd also need the Jags to beat KC at Arrowhead next week, because they have a better division record. Crap! I'm joining this game in progress after a Bengal pick inside our 10?!!!

The Executioner
Ok 3rd down, lets stop them D!!!!!!!!!!!

Den21-Bal19
Fortunately I don't have a stream running yet, so that didn't really happen :D

OrangePeel
12-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Darrent!!!!!!

The Executioner
SWEEET!!!!!!!!!!!! INTERCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:

BaileyTheBest
DARRENT WILLIAMS!!! Bails Cutler out!

BroncosZBlitz
HOLY, is that a sign?

Morambar
Yeah, baby; it's allll good. Go D! Go Bronco offense; don't make 'em do that all day!

EdmcCaff87
DWILLLLLLLLL!!! :rockon:

x_predator89
uh-oh this looks to be a sloppy game

OrangePeel
some ugly QB ratings so far lol

Elway
12-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Cutler owes D Williams a big X-mas gift after that. :coffee:

Den21-Bal19
Must be the Season of goodwill ;)

Thundergirl
Good Job Darrent!!!

Morambar
I really think that should've been 6, but I'll take it. Sure looked like D-Will wanted to run that out; I felt like reaching through the screen and tackling him myself. :P

Nick7
thanks for the Present Palmer!!!!

:rockon:

BroncosZBlitz
Cutler needs to let that play go immediately or we're in trouble.

Nick7
12-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I really think that should've been 6, but I'll take it. Sure looked like D-Will wanted to run that out; I felt like reaching through the screen and tackling him myself. :P

amen, bro....me too...

Nomad Broncofan
Cutler owes D Williams a big X-mas gift after that. :coffee:

If they win though. Yes, a very nice car would do!

Thrasher
oh gosh, what a start...

Morambar
12-24-2006, 02:23 PM
some ugly QB ratings so far lol

24+1=25, so -100/25=-4X100=-400+50/24~ -398.

That was so illegal contact.

Thundergirl
12-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Way to go Marshell!

BroncosZBlitz
There ya go kid

Nomad Broncofan
Why aren't they running the ball! 1 play :rolleyes:

OrangePeel
hey i run that play on madden!

Thundergirl
12-24-2006, 02:25 PM
At least he held onto the ball!

BroncosZBlitz
12-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Why aren't they running the ball! 1 play :rolleyes:

Yeah, we are being way too aggressive with the passing game, not a good idea to start out with in a game with this much pressure.

MarvinWillis
12-24-2006, 02:26 PM
That first drive scared the craps out of me, Damn walker.

The Executioner
12-24-2006, 02:27 PM
:hammer:

Lets go D!

Nomad Broncofan
It's going to be a long game! Ernster still doesn't kick long!

Thundergirl
Why does he punt real good one game and horribly the next?

BaileyTheBest
Woo-hoo! My Adopt-a-Bronco downs the punt!

MarvinWillis
Hopefully we can get a 3 and out or a turnover.

Morambar
12-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Though 41 yards with no return isn't stunning in Denver. I think we're passing more because their pass D isn't great and Tatum's hurt again, but I really don't know. We may be passing to establish the run, I dunno, but if we don't get some running yards we can forget about seeing a replay of that PA pass to Javon last week. Looks like Cutler's gonna have to find Rod and Mashall though, with maybe some Schef, 'cos they're blanketing Walker and even getting away with hitting him early.

Carlisle letting Cutler get sacked hurt though; we need to make them play from behind.

MarvinWillis
12-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Come on Elvis!!

BroncosZBlitz
12-24-2006, 02:29 PM
He downed the ball? Looks like the pressure's getting to him too

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 02:30 PM
What happened to home field advantage! And the Mile high magic! :sad:

NCBronco24
Game Day, Lets Go Broncos!!!!!!!!

Thundergirl
C'Mon D! :fight:

MarvinWillis
Wow Rudi is kiling us. :fight: :fight:

// / yardo
12-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Where's the run defense?

EdmcCaff87
we're not playing smart Deee

AsianOrange
Wow Rudi is kiling us. :fight: :fight:

You are funny... it's still early!

OrangePeel
DT's playing like crap

Thundergirl
Good Hit, Lynch!

// / yardo
Defense looks VERY flat today.

TheFuture6
12-24-2006, 02:32 PM
can we stop him please...

The Executioner
Our defense sucks....

NCBronco24
Lets go Defense!!!

Morambar
Getting good runs to help set up passes later.

ColtsRock100
You are funny... it's still early!
al wilson is overrated.
300 yards rushing by Rudi, Rudi, Rudi

OrangePeel
12-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Elvis!!!!!!!!

MarvinWillis
Damn Elvis good play!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

// / yardo
YES, nice play Elvis!!! He was held too..

Thundergirl
Elvis Sighting!

AsianOrange
Stop cursing Nutt.... if I see one more from you, you will not take part of this gameday thread.

BroncosZBlitz
I actually like the strategy, in a game like this it is very important not to allow the other team to get a big pass play

OrangePeel
al wilson is overrated.
300 yards rushing by Rudi, Rudi, Rudi

you lost to the texans
go home

qnpd
this game is great

good stop D

Morambar
#15 on the year. As I've said all year, with their line they often make mistakes, but we have to score when they do or talent will out in the end. We reall needed to recover, too; now we're starting at our 5 (new game, same season.... )

Nice hands, Flipper.... ;)

MarvinWillis
HAHAHA what a loser. :smug:

The Executioner
Whooo great stop, that was a bit scary when CJ shows up.

TheFuture6
12-24-2006, 02:34 PM
nice play elvis

EdmcCaff87
We're getting just too lucky

Nomad Broncofan
O my! Thank you defense! Not too good Special Teams!

qnpd
keep crying "ocho"

TheFuture6
12-24-2006, 02:35 PM
good stop, elvis can be a star

// / yardo
12-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Man that was a big drop. Hit him right in the pads.

BroncosZBlitz
12-24-2006, 02:36 PM
We're backed in pretty good. I would called for a pass play here, because Cutler strikes me as a guy that does well when he's desperate.

BR0NCOFANATIC
Our defensive is getting blown back on runnng plays.But good pass rush so far

tnedator
Ok, a bit of a sloppy start by both teams, hopefully Denver gets things on track first.

Justin Roberts
Man that was a big drop. Hit him right in the pads.

yeah he tryed to use his body to catch instead of his hands bounced right off
i think cox would have had him just short of the first though

Morambar
12-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Can't afford to punt/TO.

Thundergirl
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/Shra21/Broncos%20Stuff/broncos-glitter.gif

Elway
Come on offense! :salute:

TheFuture6
lets go, cutler to walker 90 yards, we need it

The Executioner
Tattum Bell wont get that 1000 yards if he keeps this up, sucks. :hammer:

OrangePeel
why the hell cant we ever start outside the 10. crappy special teams make me so frustrated.

Justin Roberts
12-24-2006, 02:38 PM
is it starting to snow??

TheFuture6
why the hell cant we ever start outside the 10. crappy special teams make me so frustrated.

its jakes fault

The Executioner
Dude, Foster didnt even dare to block that guy. Too bad Meadows is out.

EdmcCaff87
<<Has a horrible feeling about this game

BaileyTheBest
Is is possible that we have the worst o-line in the NFL? Or close to it at least.

ColtsRock100
12-24-2006, 02:39 PM
its jakes fault

HA HA HA .
great play by cutler

Thundergirl
Were is our protection?

MarvinWillis
Wow the Bengals Dline is killing us.

BR0NCOFANATIC
George Foster sucks!!!!!!

BaileyTheBest
is it starting to snow??

It most certainly is.

EdmcCaff87
its jakes fault

hahahahaha good one...cp for you :cheers:

Elway
So far the offensive line is playing offensively :coffee:

Nomad Broncofan
I guess the Bronco aren't thinking of a win, holy mackeral, we are sucking!

BroncosZBlitz
12-24-2006, 02:40 PM

The commentator made a good point. Because of the bend-but-don't-break defense, we are forced to give up field position.

Morambar
and still gave up the sack. Cincy starts in the red zone; our D has to stop 'em (again) or people will say they suck.... :rolleyes:

MarvinWillis
Wow that was horrible

tommy1986
is it starting to snow??

Yep. and it's snowing hard where I live right now (south of Denver).

tnedator
12-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Is is possible that we have the worst o-line in the NFL? Or close to it at least.

When it comes pass blocking, Denver is among the worst. That is the reason the passing game generally only works when they are running a lot of play action and other mis-direction passing plays.

AsianOrange
Looks like they are going towards Champs directions like they did on Monday night 2 years ago.

EdmcCaff87
uno cinco got POPPEDDD!!!!!!

MarvinWillis
Hell yeah !!! :rockon: :rockon:

The Executioner
What a hit!!!!! :beer:

AsianOrange
Lynch is coming out hitting today!

Tyrant
Slow game thus far lol zzZZZ :sad:

BroncosZBlitz
Challenge?

tommy1986
Lynch is laying the wood today. :rockon:

Morambar
12-24-2006, 02:42 PM
He had possession, made a football move; it's a catch. Oh, well, first and goal.... :rolleyes:

MarvinWillis
12-24-2006, 02:42 PM
wow man wow :fight:

BroncosZBlitz
12-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Looks like they'll score touchdown here

The Executioner
With the way we have been playing, we might as well hand them the win on a silver plate. :sad:

tommy1986
They are moving the ball at will against us.

Thundergirl
Lynch is gettin' some good hits today! And that should have been our ball!

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 02:44 PM
I know Lynch showed up but where are the rest of the Broncos team! For being this close to the playoffs they seem not to want to be playing!

// / yardo
This is getting hard to watch. I have a headache.

Shanahanaramjam
Playing so conservative!

svpearson
12-24-2006, 02:45 PM
They are moving the ball at will against us.

Yep. We are losing the battle of the trenches.

Our bend dont break D and Ernster are killing us in field position as well.

Man sure hope things turn around. We look like the team that lost 4 in a row.

Thank god for the cardinals eh?

MarvinWillis
12-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Wow, That hurts. :fight: :(

AsianOrange
12-24-2006, 02:46 PM

You guys are hilarious! It's still early and you are critical on every play! I'm just sitting here wondering where the team spirit is at.

douceur
I know Lynch showed up but where are the rest of the Broncos team! For being this close to the playoffs they seem not to want to be playing!

isn't that what darrent said a couple weeks ago?

TheFuture6

amen... :coffee:

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 02:47 PM
It's snowing! :doh: No wonder the Broncos are sucking! And i thought Rudi wouldn't be a problem. Stupid me! :duh:

svpearson
You guys are hilarious! It's still early and you are critical on every play! I'm just sitting here wondering where the team spirit is at.

Did I say the game was over? No. I just said they are dominating this game so far....and we need to pick it up.......

MarvinWillis
We have to get a good drive!!

TheFuture6

im wondering the same thing, but not about the fans, about the players...

The Executioner
Come on Cutler!!!!

Thundergirl
What is wrong with our team today?

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 02:48 PM

Enlighten me because I have no idea what you are talking about

Archimedes Owl
Well, our pass defense has done well to limit Palmer even if they were aided by a couple of drops. But our run defense has been able to do nothing.

tnedator
With the way we have been playing, we might as well hand them the win on a silver plate. :sad:

Come on Grasshopper, remember that we get what we focus on... Focus on a win and a win you shall see...

atl-bronco
Playing so conservative!

Our offense is being put in a difficult position by running for 2yds, running for 2 yds and being forced to make a 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 7 pass play to convert for the first. :sad:

tgn
if lynch shows up we're in trouble, he's a safety, it means they're getting to secondary

svpearson
12-24-2006, 02:49 PM
What is wrong with our team today?

Coyer flex defense, plus losing the battle of the trenches pretty much sums it up so far.

BroncosZBlitz
Just get a FG here.

AsianOrange
I have faith the Broncos will score on this drive.

// / yardo
Enlighten me because I have no idea what you are talking about
He said some people on the team have given up on the season.

Nomad Broncofan
12-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Try mike Bell!

EdmcCaff87
12-24-2006, 02:50 PM
put in plummer